Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So How Much Shit Will Hit The Fan Once Conservatives See Jane Fonda As Nancy Reagan?

Lee Daniels is definitely trolling them with this casting.

by Anonymousreply 2207/30/2013

Jane said she reached out to Nancy, who wrote that she was not unhappy that Jane was playing her.

In her dotage, Nancy has finally decided to speak her mind and FUCK the Repuglicans...

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2013

They are pissed.

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2013

Does Terry Sweeney know about this?

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2013

As if any of them are going to see a movie staring a black guy anyway.

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2013

Actually Jane as Nancy isn't that bad. It's ALAN RICKMAN as REAGAN and JOHN CUSACK as NIXON that are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 507/30/2013

Yeah, I have a feeling this movie is going to be a mess. Lee Daniels got lucky when Sidibe and Mo'Nique saved Precious from being risible, and just barely. And I don't think the Oprah scenes are going to work because no one is going to be able to see past OPRAH.

by Anonymousreply 607/30/2013

R6, what do you mean? Oprah's lost all that weight again...

by Anonymousreply 707/30/2013

I love it that they hired Jane Fonda for Nancy! She's a brilliant actress and she'll probably do a fantastic job. And Nancy likes her. So the irony and the humor in their selection is wonderfully delicious. I'm glad they used some imagination.

by Anonymousreply 807/30/2013

How much shit? A little - it doesn't take much these days for this dumbed down culture to go postal about anything - but I wouldn't worry about it.

by Anonymousreply 907/30/2013

[quote]Actually Jane as Nancy isn't that bad. It's ALAN RICKMAN as REAGAN and JOHN CUSACK as NIXON that are ridiculous.

That's not the problem. Jane Fonda is deemed a communist and traitor to her country by Conservatives. They want her executed. Reagan is their god. That's the point of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 1007/30/2013

I can assure you that Conservatives are pretty much over both Jane and Nancy. At this point we would watch it just like anyone else, to see how well they pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 1107/30/2013

I think they'll be more upset to hear that Dame Edna will be playing Barbara Bush.

by Anonymousreply 1207/30/2013

[quote]I can assure you that Conservatives are pretty much over both Jane and Nancy.

They flocked to Jane's book signing a few years ago and spat in her face. Where have you been? They've never forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 1307/30/2013

Her treasonous actions during the "Vietnam movie," R14? Coming Home wasn't my favorite, but I'd hardly shoot somebody over it!

by Anonymousreply 1507/30/2013

Would you like it if Patricia Heaton played Hillary or Stacey Dash portrayed Michelle Obama?

by Anonymousreply 1607/30/2013

My guess is Nancy will be played sympathetically. Nancy was much publicly hated during her tenure as First Lady because she came across as so arrogant and controlling to the press, and because everyone knew what a cold mother and stepmother she was to all the Reagan children except Ron Jr.; but from most reports she was pretty nice to the household staff.

by Anonymousreply 1707/30/2013

Who the hell is Stacey Dash?

by Anonymousreply 1807/30/2013

[quote]When Fonda apologizes for her traitorous actions...

Boo Hoo R14. Jane made her frotune in the 80s with her Frau exercise videos. I am sure she is not waiting around for your 6 dollars.

And for the record, treasonous actions are when lie to American about weapons of mass distructions so you can start 2 different wars.

Condoleezza Rice "mushroom cloud" lie was treasonous. She knew when she said that there were no such thing discovered.

by Anonymousreply 1907/30/2013

Wow. She does look like Nancy. And such ironic casting...

by Anonymousreply 2007/30/2013

Knowing Nancy's star-fucker essence and her vanity, I bet she cares less about whether the actress playing her is a liberal and more about how big a star the actress is and how pretty she is. On both counts, she's probably much more pleased with the casting of Jane Fonda than she was with Judy Davis in that TV miniseries.

If anything, she probably thinks Alan Rickman is not a big enough star and not handsome enough to play Ronnie. (And I might agree with her on the latter point!)

by Anonymousreply 2107/30/2013

A lot of the old conservatives who went apeshit at the mere mention of Jane Fonda's name have died off. It was a long, long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 2207/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!