Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So When Christine Quinn Becomes Mayor of NYC

how many gays who trashed her will suddenly embrace her for being the most powerful dyke in the country?

by Mayor McCheesereply 9609/27/2013

OP, the answer to your question is none.

I am the most powerful dyke in the country and everyone knows it.

If any of you bitches try to embrace me, I'll call security.

by Mayor McCheesereply 207/29/2013

I want to like her, but something about her creeps me out.

by Mayor McCheesereply 307/29/2013

Christine Quinn is NOT a dyke.

by Mayor McCheesereply 407/29/2013

like she screams at people and is vindictive (cutting senior funding because her name wasn't in a newspaper article)?

i won't vote for her.

by Mayor McCheesereply 507/30/2013

I have an idea. How about we see how many separate threads we can start about the mayor's race? It'll be great fun and so frustrating to everybody else.

by Mayor McCheesereply 607/30/2013

[quote]Christine Quinn is NOT a dyke.

What planet are you posting from?

by Mayor McCheesereply 707/30/2013

She's not a dyke. She's a CUNT.

by Mayor McCheesereply 807/30/2013

That will be the day!

by Mayor McCheesereply 907/30/2013

R6 makes a good point. Someone, like OP, is spamming.

by Mayor McCheesereply 1007/30/2013

I think she will be a one term mayor because she will stab everyone who got her into office.... Weiner was a lock if he'd only discovered the sexting a decade ago.

by Mayor McCheesereply 1107/30/2013

"(cutting senior funding because her name wasn't in a newspaper article)?"

by Mayor McCheesereply 1207/30/2013

I would vote for her over, say, Joe Lhota if he gets the GOP nomination, but only because he's a bigger a**hole than she is.

by Mayor McCheesereply 1307/30/2013

maybe De Blasio will win?

by Mayor McCheesereply 1407/30/2013

Toxic Dyke.

by Mayor McCheesereply 1507/30/2013

Cant stand her. She is mean, petty and an all around raging cunt.

Most everyone I know who lives in NYC and votes isn't planning on voting for her.

Bill de Blasio all the way.

by Mayor McCheesereply 1607/30/2013

HIstory queens, please help me out here: has there ever been a woman mayor of NYC?

by Mayor McCheesereply 1707/30/2013

Her anger and bitterness are palpable.

by Mayor McCheesereply 1807/30/2013

R17 - Never a woman. Never an out gay (there were always rumors about Ed Koch and Mike Bloomberg, but no proof).

It won't be Quinn either.

De Blasio all the way.

by Mayor McCheesereply 1907/30/2013

Bloomberg might as well run again because you know he'll be the one pulling Christine's puppet strings if she wins.

by Mayor McCheesereply 2007/30/2013

Ed Koch... but no proof.

by Mayor McCheesereply 2107/30/2013

r21=Sukhreet Gabel

by Mayor McCheesereply 2207/30/2013

Deblasio is in second place. Wiener should throw his supporters over to him.

But I don't think TPTB would allow deblasio to be mayor.

by Mayor McCheesereply 2307/30/2013

[quote]Someone, like OP, is spamming.

Oh, fuck off.

by Mayor McCheesereply 2407/31/2013

Deblasio is a no-name. It's either Quinn or Weiner. If it's not Weiner, it's automatically Quinn. Money and insider trade has spoken.

by Mayor McCheesereply 2507/31/2013

Is Christine going to MichFest this year? I'm sure her breast cast would fetch top dollar on eBay.

by Mayor McCheesereply 2607/31/2013

Polls are showing Quinn losing in a run off with Bill Thompson, but say nothing of a run off with DeBlasio.

by Mayor McCheesereply 2707/31/2013

who is the republican candidate?

by Mayor McCheesereply 2807/31/2013

I could be alone in this ... but there may be others that have had NYC Mayors that they weren't too thrilled about. Maybe even disliked.

I won't embrace Quinn - ever. She is an awful person and I will never forgive her for selling out St. Vincent Hospital to make luxury housing (something [italic][bold]so[/italic][/bold] sorely needed in the city.)

All to finance her political career.

Selfish, soulless, twat.

by Mayor McCheesereply 2907/31/2013

Really R25?

Bill DeBlasio and his multi-racial family will win the race!!!!

He is EXACTLY what NYC needs to break from the Bloomberg/Giuliani years!

by Mayor McCheesereply 3009/03/2013

Excuse me OP?!

by Mayor McCheesereply 3109/03/2013

"I can't believe I'm losing to this straight guy" - Quinn

"I can't believe I'm losing to this white guy (among black voters)" - Thompson

"I can't believe I can't get a signal in here to send this pic text!" - Carlos Danger

DeBlasio leading by 20 points now even after Quinn's (paid for) endorsements by NYT, NYDN and NYP.

Here's hoping the numbers hold and it is DeBlasio getting sworn in on the 1st!

Now if only something could be done about the Comptroller's race...

by Mayor McCheesereply 3209/03/2013

Ahh of course it's the rich white people who dislike Spitzer. It's THEM, the robber barons, that he's determined to take down!

by Mayor McCheesereply 3309/03/2013

Chris and wife will soon have a lot of time to spend at their Bradley Beach, New Jersey home.

by Mayor McCheesereply 3409/03/2013

At 7:00 tonight she will be part of the final debate before the primary on WNBC-4 and WOR-710 AM.

Of likely Democratic Primary Voters, deBlasio leads with 43%; Thompson 20%, Quinn 18%, Weiner 7%, and Liu 4%

by Mayor McCheesereply 3509/03/2013

r25 deBlasio has a name. He was born Warren Wilhelm, changed to his mother's maiden name.

by Mayor McCheesereply 3609/03/2013

So now it's looking like there might not be a run-off.

by Mayor McCheesereply 3709/03/2013

Quinn's favorability ratings at R32's link crack me up. I'm sure the NYT's article about her nasty temper and instability made a huge contribution to people's views of her.

Also interesting, DeBlasio's favorability ratings increase with household income level.

by Mayor McCheesereply 3809/03/2013

Quinn is Bloomberg's flying monkey. If she wins, it's effectively giving him a fourth term.

by Mayor McCheesereply 3909/09/2013

She has no chance of winning.

by Mayor McCheesereply 4009/09/2013

The big question today is if De Blasio will win tomorrow by a big enough majority to avoid a runoff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, even though all the candidates are pretty much duds.

by Mayor McCheesereply 4109/09/2013

de Blasio has run a very smart campaign. He is exceptionally quick and well organized. I give him a ton of credit and look forward to a well run mayoralty.

by Mayor McCheesereply 4209/09/2013

by Mayor McCheesereply 4409/09/2013

I'm in love with her

by Mayor McCheesereply 4509/09/2013

I'm totally sold on DeBlasio for mayor - he has my union's endorsement but I'd also be on his side without it. I've met Quinn, some good friends have worked for her so I feel a real personal connection, but I don't see her being so good for the city in the long term.

But comptroller - I confess I don't know as much as I should. I feel like Spitzer's the guy - is there some reason I should reconsider?

by Mayor McCheesereply 4609/09/2013

his cock isn't long enough

by Mayor McCheesereply 4709/09/2013

The buzz around my water cooler today is that Christine Quinn is terrible. No one in my office is voting for her, I would be VERY surprised if she wins, she may not even make the runoff.

by Mayor McCheesereply 4809/09/2013

Wall Street Journal says it will be de Blasio.

by Mayor McCheesereply 4909/09/2013

Bill de Blasio's real name is Warren Wilhelm and he's married to a black lesbian poet.

by Mayor McCheesereply 5009/09/2013

Thank you, R50, but this is hardly breaking news. Have you just found all this out? Return to your rock, please.

by Mayor McCheesereply 5109/09/2013

Yes, I have! I think it's funny.

By the way, I'm not a New Yorker or American, so there's no real need for me to have known this.

I did read an analysis, however, which argued that de Blasio may do well amongst Democrats in the primaries, which have a low turn-out and in which more "aware", committed or activist types vote, but, of the Democratic candidates, he's the one likely to do less well in the actual mayoral election against a relatively moderate Republican. What do you think?

by Mayor McCheesereply 5209/09/2013

I think NY has Republican fatigue.

It's so funny how Giuliani wanted to get himself a third term after 9/11, but everyone in NYC, including Bloomberg, said no. They said post-9/11 was not the time to consider overturning the democratic process, since NYers had twice voted for term limits.

The person who made Bloomberg's third term possible was Quinn. People are tired of Bloomberg. People are tired of Quinn.

Only Staten Island can vote in a Republican mayor. This time, I don't think there are enough of them as there are people who are fucking sick and tired of Republicans and their disregard for democracy.

by Mayor McCheesereply 5409/09/2013

I don't want the marine trash transfer station on the same avenue I live on. My vote is based SOLELY on the candidates position on this project. It breaks my heart to not vote for a lesbian democrat but I just can't because she is the biggest cheerleader for it. Money and deals greased her palms, I'm sure. Plus she screams in her office. Screams, can you imagine someone so out of control in the mayor's office? I'm voting Thompson.

by Mayor McCheesereply 5509/09/2013

Will Christine Quinn change parties and seek the mayoralty as a Republican?

It's been done many times before.

by Mayor McCheesereply 5609/09/2013

R53. Should read "Lesbian with a heart." That's the only excuse I can find for voting that Ms. Sellout!

by Mayor McCheesereply 5709/09/2013

R55. How do you know Ms Chris won't change her mind about the garbage plant if she should get into office. That's a big tactic of hers ya know.

by Mayor McCheesereply 5809/09/2013

The short and sweet to the thread head: She ain't gonna win.

by Mayor McCheesereply 5909/09/2013

r53 - The citizens of New York are a special interest group? You'd rather reward the Real Estate moguls - a definite "special interest" group? And who says that Quinn is not beholden to Unions? She has numerous endorsements she must repay. Your thinking is muddled.

by Mayor McCheesereply 6009/09/2013

To rich people like "lesbian with an entitlement complex" up there, if it doesnt line their pockets, it is a waste.

by Mayor McCheesereply 6109/09/2013

DeBlasio's wife is a lesbian so I'm voting for him!

by Mayor McCheesereply 6209/09/2013

Is she a Michfester?

by Mayor McCheesereply 6309/09/2013

r46 if your union thinks Bill will give retroactive pay plus pay increase they've been conned.

by Mayor McCheesereply 6409/09/2013

If Bill wins Dante will shave the Afro which the ad agency created for the TV commercial.

by Mayor McCheesereply 6509/09/2013

she's not going to win. she is bloomberg's puppet.

no way jose will she win.

and her wife is FUG as hell.

by Mayor McCheesereply 6609/09/2013

I think her wife is stunning.

by Mayor McCheesereply 6709/09/2013

Poor Op..... that lying, insufferable lesbian bitch is going down!!

by Mayor McCheesereply 6809/09/2013

Fuggedaboutit, Christine. It's Ovah!

by Mayor McCheesereply 6909/11/2013

LMAO at OP and the rest of the delusional cunts who jettisoned logic and integrity to support some opportunistic idiot...

by Mayor McCheesereply 7009/11/2013

Will Queen Quinn be dining on lame duck?

by Mayor McCheesereply 7109/11/2013

Radio report says Chris has eye on Congressional seat.

by Mayor McCheesereply 7209/11/2013

I think she has her eye on Miley Cyrus's seat.

by Mayor McCheesereply 7309/11/2013

I voted for De Blasio because I thought he really was the best candidate. But I didn't trash Quinn: when asked why I didn't vote for her, I said it's because of her politics. It made me kind of ill to see so many gays & lesbians pull out the knives and give her the kind of working over that...many gays & lesbians, and women who aren't skinny models have had to go through their whole lives. There was an ugliness to it that made me sad.

I also think we're going to have a gay or lesbian mayor sooner rather than later, and it won't be Quinn. But I'm always going to remember how gleeful the attacks on her were.

And: it's not over. All the folks who were shouting "Anyone but Quinn" need to remember that Joe Lhota's on the Republican side of the ballot. Anyone who stays home after having voted against Quinn and doesn't show up for the general election is very short-sighted.

by Mayor McCheesereply 7409/11/2013

What are the odds of a De Blasio victory over Lhota?

by Mayor McCheesereply 7509/11/2013

Sarah Paulson posted some mean-spirited attacks on Quinn on twitter. Why the hate?

by Mayor McCheesereply 7609/11/2013

Quinn, like Schumer, Weiner, Stringer, and many politicians have never had a real job. They're "dedicated to public service." No one would hired Weiner in the two years after sexting.

by Mayor McCheesereply 7709/11/2013

I shed no tears for the downfall of a corrupt candidate, r74. Smug Quinn thought that being a gay candidate was enough.

Gay or straight, she's a total non-entity.

by Mayor McCheesereply 7809/11/2013

R74, I can only speak for myself and the people I know but whenever the subject of Quinn came up, the dislike was always about her politics and personality, never her sexuality or appearance.

I think her downfall was holding on to tightly to Bloomberg's coattails. She'll be fine. I'm sure there's a cushy job awaiting her at Bloomberg Media.

by Mayor McCheesereply 7909/11/2013

And she was well-compensated for her switch on term-limits.

VERY well-compensated.

by Mayor McCheesereply 8009/11/2013

Aside from her corporate cronyism, I've known too many people who had dealings with Quinn over the years and they all said she was a bully and a screamer.

That was enough for me. And I never criticized her weight or appearance.

by Mayor McCheesereply 8109/11/2013

R74, are you new to the Datalounge?

by Mayor McCheesereply 8209/11/2013

No, I've been around here for awhile. It's just that some days the bullying gets to me more than others.

by Mayor McCheesereply 8409/11/2013

I turned on NPR this morning expecting to hear them discuss Mayor Quinn. What happened?

by Mayor McCheesereply 8509/11/2013

[quote] Sarah Paulson posted some mean-spirited attacks on Quinn on twitter. Why the hate?

You know how lesbian ex-lovers can go from love to hate so quickly...

by Mayor McCheesereply 8609/11/2013

Christine Quinn, the Lena Dunham of NYC politics.

OP, have you eaten your words yet, or just more pussy?

by Mayor McCheesereply 8709/11/2013

Chris is outta the picture. She and Kim can spend the winter in Bradley Beach cuddling by the fireplace.

by Mayor McCheesereply 8809/25/2013

R88. And this is breaking news????

by Mayor McCheesereply 8909/25/2013

"Deblasio is a no-name. It's either Quinn or Weiner. If it's not Weiner, it's automatically Quinn. Money and insider trade has spoken."

What does it feel like to have no fucking clue what you are talking about and to be so goddam smug about it?

I'd really like to know. I encounter people like you in social networking all the time. Your arrogant certitude is annoying and idiotic. Where does it come from?

by Mayor McCheesereply 9009/25/2013

The OP should certainly be embarrassed by the way things turned out.

by Mayor McCheesereply 9109/25/2013

Is it true that John Liu gave Chris and Kim each new Home Depot cards after the results came out?

Speaking of results, are the results of the paper ballot count EVER going to be released or did Thompson's semi-concession speech nullify the need for any further counting? That Board of Elections is an unbelievable scandal.

by Mayor McCheesereply 9209/25/2013

Do we really need an official count? De Blasio either hit, or only barely missed, the 40% mark. He received far more votes than anyone else in the primary, so it's not as if that part of it was close or that he won under suspicious circumstances.

by Mayor McCheesereply 9309/25/2013

It's reported today that Weiner was consulting with agents for a TV show if he didn't become mayor. He's still aiming for CNBC.

by Mayor McCheesereply 9409/25/2013

Yes, R93. We do. Even though Thompson conceded, eliminating the need for a mayoral candidate runoff, there were far too many paper ballots (both absentee and ones used when machines failed), and in a democracy they must all be counted. There may have been as few as 7000 and as many as 70,000 and the people who cast those paper votes deserve to have them counted in an accurate and timely (although God knows that's already passed) manner. Don't you get it?

by Mayor McCheesereply 9509/25/2013

[quote]It's either Quinn or Weiner. If it's not Weiner, it's automatically Quinn.

It's a good thing we all paid attention to this.

by Mayor McCheesereply 9609/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!