Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Emmys planning SPECIAL TRIBUTE to passing of television legend CORY MONTEITH

The actor, best known for his portrayal of Edith Bunker in "All in the Family" and Tony Soprano in "The Sopranos", will receive a special tribute at this September's Emmy Awards,.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1907/31/2013

Yikes! Someone better save a space in that tribute for producer Erlich.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 107/29/2013

Yes, let's have a special tribute to a drug addict who was on television for what...five years? Please.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 207/29/2013

r2, Gandolfini was an addict too...and a glutton. Hollywood excuses all in death.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 307/29/2013

These dingbats better include a huge tribute to Jean Stapleton

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 407/29/2013

Really? Really?

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 507/29/2013

The TV Academy chairman is former Warner Bros TV prez Bruce Rosenblum and apparently he is Ryan Murphy's bitch... He got Ryan Murphy on the ATAS Board and also helped him get American Horror Story moved into the Miniseries category so it could win more awards.

I wonder if he participates in the X-Rated Easter Egg Hunts.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 607/30/2013

R3, Gandolfini was on television much longer; he also won Emmys by being the central character on his show. Cory, no so much.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 707/30/2013

I don't mean to be mean, but a special tribute at the Emmys? Seriously? For someone who was only known for one show and was never even nominated for it?

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 807/30/2013

[quote]I don't mean to be mean

Then what the fuck are you doing here?

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 907/30/2013

If I hadn't stopped watching award shows a few years ago, I would stop now. What a joke! He was barely a singer or an actor!

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1007/30/2013

Oh that's ridiculous. And I do hope the 'legend' is OP being facetious and not in the linked article.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1107/30/2013

They better make me a part of that tribute...OR ELSE!

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1207/30/2013

It's appropriate. He's easily the Heath Ledger of the small screen. So very tragically young.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1307/30/2013

Ugh r13 Enough with the exaggerations.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1407/31/2013

R2.. I know you were just trolling, but I feel like I need to say this. His addiction didn't define him. He was still a good person. He was kind, down to earth, humble and generous. He will be deeply missed by family, friends, co-workers and especially Lea. Who really cares about cause of death? Fact is he's dead, he's gone. It's sad no matter what.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1507/31/2013

Shut up r15.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1607/31/2013

Yeah, he might've been "a super nice guy," but the truth is he wasn't all that talented as a singer or actor, totally sucked at dancing, and was only marginally attractive as a performer. He was always the weak spot on GLEE. If he had lived, he would have faded away without a trace after the show was over. But because he died young, it was a "tragic loss."

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1707/31/2013

I agree with R17. The best thing that ever happened to his career was dying young, because no one will ever be allowed to criticize him again.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1807/31/2013

R17, I didn't even like him on Glee.. I never watched the show. I found his character boring and cringeworthy tbh. But I still liked Cory as a person. I don't think his role in Glee really fit him. I don't think he's good at comedy. I have seen him in other roles, and he's good in those. I've also seen some clips from his last movie, and that looks very promising too. My point is just.. don't judge him on what he did on Glee. He had many other roles which he did far better imo.

by Ryan Murphy's X-Rated Easter Egg Huntreply 1907/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.