Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

In the Flesh the series

Anybody else into this. Lovely gay content. Good writing. Exposes the hypocrisy of religious .

by Anonymousreply 2801/21/2015

Fuck my computer: meant to write...

Anybody else into this? It has lovely gay content. Good writing. Exposes the hypocrisy of religious fanatics and freepers.

by Anonymousreply 107/29/2013

Seriously? The lead character is a cute gay boy and no one here watches this series?

by Anonymousreply 207/29/2013

I was intrigued until I looked it up and saw it's a zombie show. Zombies don't do it for me.

by Anonymousreply 307/29/2013

r3, I would give it a shot. It's a post-zombie show. The twist is that the zombies are all in recovery after the 'riots'. It has some really touching moments and explores how the 'fundies' deal with their own family coming back from the dead as recovered zombies.

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2013

I loved it and think it's one of the best things that's been on TV all year. There's an interview floating around somewhere with the guy who wrote it. He was told that it was unlikely to ever get made so he basically wrote what he wanted.

Give it a go, R3. It's really, really well done.

by Anonymousreply 507/30/2013

Have this recorded on the DVR, but haven't had time to watch it yet.

They have commissioned a second season/series though, so it must have done fairly well.

by Anonymousreply 608/04/2013

I just watched it this weekend. It's on Comcast's on demand.

The first episode is a bit slow, but the story really picks up in the final two. I was crying at the end of it.

It is not your typical zombie show. And there's not much gore, really. Most of the nasty stuff is shown in brief flashbacks.

I won't be surprised if it doesn't get picked up for an American remake. I'll be curious to see what the BBC does with the second season.

by Anonymousreply 708/10/2013

The series is so poignant and thoughtful that I was in disbelief that someone had allowed it to be made. I actually cried in the last episode. And on a totally shallow note, it doesn't hurt that David Walmsley - the returned soldier - is gorgeous.

They are apparently making a second season. Sadly, the creator stated explicitly in an interview that the main character falls in love with whomever strikes his fancy at the moment - in other words, wiggle room for heterosexual whitewashing.

by Anonymousreply 808/10/2013

Yes, David Walmsley is hot.

by Anonymousreply 908/10/2013

Here's another pic of him, R9. He's like the upscale Colby Keller.

by Anonymousreply 1008/10/2013

[quote]He was told that it was unlikely to ever get made so he basically wrote what he wanted.

That makes sense after seeing the first season. It's written very much as a complete story, which makes me wonder what they'll do for the second season.

I really enjoyed it. It reminds me a bit of the french film "They Came Back."

by Anonymousreply 1108/10/2013

Do they use the great Blondie song "In The Flesh"?

by Anonymousreply 1208/10/2013

They don't, R12. I was waiting to hear it myself!

by Anonymousreply 1308/10/2013

One of the best gay story lines ever and the zombie stuff (when it's not tragic) is actually quite clever and funny. "I am a sufferer of Partially Deceased Syndrome. I am not responsible for what I did in my untreated state."

by Anonymousreply 1408/10/2013

I agree with what a lot of people here have said. The first episode is kind of slow going, but it gets really good after that. If anything, the second and third episodes feel like they move too quickly.

by Anonymousreply 1508/10/2013

Is this series good to watch for Halloween?

by Anonymousreply 1610/29/2013

The zombie and vampire genre has officially been played out.

by Anonymousreply 1710/29/2013

Fuck off, R17. It's a great show that, if anything, proves there's still life in the zombie genre.

by Anonymousreply 1810/30/2013

It aired earlier this year, and I really enjoyed it. I definitely wanted a 2nd season.

by Anonymousreply 1910/30/2013

R19, you're in luck. According to the BBC website, Season 2 has been ordered.

Thanks to the OP for posting this - I wouldn't have sought out the show otherwise. It was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 2011/02/2013

Season 2 is just so good....I love this show..and the lead character is a cute gay kid....last night he finally made out with the dishy lead of the rebel PDS group.

by Anonymousreply 2105/25/2014

I just watched season 1 today (it's only 3 episodes) and I absolutely love it. And I'm saying this as someone who's not a zombie fan. If you like The Returned on Sundance, you'll probably like this show as well.

by Anonymousreply 2205/31/2014

Bumping this because I've noticed that a lot of fangirls who are usually into shows like Teen Wolf or Supernatural have started moving on to this show - it piqued my interest, and I have to say it seems very well-written, and the central gay character and his relationships are well-handled.

Anyone else caught this recently?

by Anonymousreply 2307/26/2014

Does anyone know if there is a season three coming?

I really enjoyed this show.

by Anonymousreply 2408/05/2014

I just finished the second series today. Such an addictive show. It's a shame it doesn't have a bigger audience.

by Anonymousreply 2509/27/2014

In The Flesh is a good and interesting show.

Unfortunately it's been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2601/19/2015

Maybe the show isn't dead just yet. Amazon Prime might pick it up.

by Anonymousreply 2701/21/2015

Never heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 2801/21/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!