Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The cover for Lady Gaga's new single APPLAUSE

Love it!

by Anonymousreply 31508/21/2013

Of course, they're already comparing it to Madonna as if she was the one who invented Pierot fashion. Can't wait for ARTPOP and Applause specifically!

by Anonymousreply 107/29/2013

I've heard comparisons to Bowie's "Scary Monsters" album cover as far as Gaga's single's cover goes. Setting aside the typical knee-jerk copycat accusations, I fail to see any supposed similarities to the Bowie cover art. Not everything she does is entirely derivative.

by Anonymousreply 207/29/2013

cool pic. Let's keep Vadge out of this. I'm eagerly awaiting Gaga's new single's release.

by Anonymousreply 307/29/2013

her last album is a flop! and the part of reason for the failure is the timing and the order of singles released to the radio stations. they should release "the edge of glory" first, and other songs like "marry the night" would be a big success if they release it at right time.

by Anonymousreply 407/29/2013

The further she moves away from Madge the better. But it's also pretty impossible NOT to have done something where Madge hasn't been before with her images.

Good cover.

by Anonymousreply 507/29/2013

A flop? You're joking, right? I don't call an album that goes platinum in a week a flop. It also got good reviews. I don't care what it did in week two, BORN THIS WAY was hardly a flop.

by Anonymousreply 607/29/2013

Bozo came all over her face.

by Anonymousreply 707/29/2013

Well the title track did OK, r4.

by Anonymousreply 807/29/2013

[R6] lol, no it's not a joke, the reason her album moved more than 1 million copies in the first week largely contributed to the $0.99 flash sale on Amazon, the super bargain sale crashed Amazon's server, and Amazon sold more than 300,000 copies, that's almost 40% of volumes moved (the actual tally is 800,000 copies sold in the first week). The sales died down in the following weeks and she didn't have success on the singles except "born this way", which was released earlier. Her following singles like Judas did quite poorly, none of them reached the top, by contrast Katy Perry had 5 No.1 singles at that time and all from her 2nd album.

by Anonymousreply 907/29/2013

Bump for the Queen.

R9 Kunty Perry may be a successful singer sales-wise but she'll remain a talent-less fundie homophobe. Kunty will probably sell more than Gaga, at least her singles will, but we all know that just because the majority like it does not mean it's good.

by Anonymousreply 1007/30/2013

Honey, honey, honey, even with that sale the album was still a massive success. The numbers dont lie. The title track was also the most successful single since 1997's "Candle In The Wind." I swear, old, bitter Madonna fans will stop at nothing trying to trash this woman who is the most powerful female artist in the world now. She's #1 on Forbes. She's not going anywhere. This album and single will be a huge hit. Her album is also going to be an app, the third album to be so.

Look at Madonna. She gave her album away for free with ticket sales and perfume, and bought her single's airplay, not to mention that they still could only get it to #10, and she had the Superbowl promotion in back of it. She had the largest album sales drop in the history of Soundscan. So, Vadge fans, go troll somewhere else. How many of you are currently sporting red string on your wrists! lol

by Anonymousreply 1107/30/2013

R11 should be concerning herself with the redecorating of her mothers basement right now

by Anonymousreply 1207/30/2013

Bowie did the whole Pierrot thing in Ashes to Asses. Gaga is constantly sabotaged by her own influences.

by Anonymousreply 1307/30/2013

freudian slip, sorry - Ashes to ASHES.

by Anonymousreply 1407/30/2013

Looks like she just ate a hot dog with too much ketchup and mustard.

by Anonymousreply 1507/30/2013

R9 is a bitter Madonna loon. Sweetheart, the Amazon thing is a non-issue. Gaga was (and still is) the hottest, most talked about and most creative female pop artist of her generation, and as such, BORN THIS WAY was a hot commodity when it was first released. It got plenty of good reviews, and shifted a MILLION copies in its first week. A MILLION. Platinum in the first week is no flop, regardless of how you look at it, or how it got there. As for the album's singles, they were all top 10 except MARRY THE NIGHT, which was still a top 40 single. A song doesn't have to reach the pinnacle to be good. Not all art is going to be well-received, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1607/30/2013

She's going down on a Georgia O'Keefe painting, you fools.

by Anonymousreply 1707/30/2013

I loathe Lady Gaga but that cover is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 1807/30/2013

The music video will be released the same day as Applause's debut. The app will be available to download as a placeholder on the 19th of August, same date as Applause's release. The app will be available on all devices and app stores, including Apple App Store and Google Play.

Gaga also tweeted part of the lyrics which sound fun and should do well on the radio with less people calling her pretentious (who am I kidding, haters always gonna hate).

"give me that thing that I love put your hands up make 'em touch A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E"

by Anonymousreply 1907/31/2013

Sounds like too much effort for a fucking song, R19

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2013

R16 sounds bitter, even the most loyal gaga fans acknowledge her second album fell short of expectations

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

My first impression was that she was channeling Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2013

Artistic but not beautiful, just like Lady Googoo herself.

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2013

Sales aren't everything, r21, unless you're Adele albums don't sell.

I'm no Gaga fan but that album delivered quality wise. A quantum leap over the patchy singles n filler mess that is her first.

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013

Looks like a Sister of Perpetual Indulgence who put on her makeup in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 2507/31/2013

I don't care for the cover photo. She looks clownish.

by Anonymousreply 2607/31/2013

R24, well that sounds a big problem for gaga, people only care for her "antics", not much else, once the novelty wears off, so does the interest in her music even it's getting better.

by Anonymousreply 2707/31/2013

The truth is that Gaga will continue to be successful but everything will be less successful than before.

She peaked with The Fame Monster in 09-10, the general public is pretty much over her and her lunatic bullying monsters fanbase isn't helping matters either

I predict Artpop will sell between 3-4 million worldwide, a decent number and the tour will be successful but will make less money than her previous tour

Just like Born This Way album sold less than her previous and the tour made less than the previous

It's the Law of Diminishing Returns, Cyndi Lauper went through the same thing in the 80s, where she peaked with her debut album and it was all downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 2807/31/2013

Actually R28 it can be extrapolated that had she not cancelled her tour she would have made more than the previous one with just over half the dates,

by Anonymousreply 2907/31/2013

She still performed 98 dates and grossed $170 million and played to 1.6 million people, which isn't bad at all

But

Madonna did 88 dates on her MDNA Tour, played to 2.2 million people and grossed $305 million, making it the #1 tour of the year and winning her the Billboard award for Top Tour

by Anonymousreply 3007/31/2013

ARTPOP. Gaga just gets more and more pretentious doesn't she?

I like her music. A lot.

I do not like how she acts like her generic pop (admittedly good generic pop) is high art.

by Anonymousreply 3107/31/2013

R21 sounds envious. BORN THIS WAY, a platinum-the-first-week-out album, with several top 10 singles and critical acclaim, was not a flop. The end.

by Anonymousreply 3207/31/2013

Bonnie is spinning in her grave.

by Anonymousreply 3307/31/2013

[quote]Madonna did 88 dates on her MDNA Tour, played to 2.2 million people and grossed $305 million, making it the #1 tour of the year and winning her the Billboard award for Top Tour

Barbra Streisand only did 10 dates and grossed $100 million. If she had played as many dates as Madonna, she would have grossed almost $1 billion.

by Anonymousreply 3407/31/2013

That shit sucks.

by Anonymousreply 3507/31/2013

I heart R34.

by Anonymousreply 3607/31/2013

R34 actually Barbra did 19 dates on her Barbra Live! 2012-2013 tour and grossed $66.2 million.

It was the 22nd highest grossing tour of 2012

If Barbra did the same amount of dates as Madonna(88) and using basic math her total tour gross would be around $290 million

Massively impressive but still less than Madonna's $305 million haul

by Anonymousreply 3707/31/2013

I hope the new single has some "urban" appeal to it. Gaga needs to switch up her genre a bit.

by Anonymousreply 3807/31/2013

Gaga's got her street cred. She dueted with rapper Wale some years back, dueted with Beyonce, appeared on BET's 106 & Park when Born This Way was released...

by Anonymousreply 3907/31/2013

Supposedly this new CD has her experimenting with "trap music" (Memphis style "crunk"--think 3-6 Mafia). She needs to crossover to more than one format to be big. Daft Punk, Robin Thicke, Timberlake, Adele and even Beiber are doing this successfully. If she tones down the stunt-queen promotion and released a flawless club-banger then maybe this will have a chance....

...but her latest septum-piercing and first-year art-school student pontificating on estheticism doesn't give me much hope for the future.

by Anonymousreply 4007/31/2013

Did someone say Applause?

by Anonymousreply 4107/31/2013

That CD single cover is from the APPLAUSE video. Can't wait to see it.

by Anonymousreply 4207/31/2013

The septum piercing. Janet had one back in the late '90s and it looked equally fierce but also equally painful.

by Anonymousreply 4307/31/2013

Didn't Lisa Bonet do one for her infamous "Rolling Stone" cover in the late 1980's as well? I remember this, and the "Angel Heart" controversy, pissing off Bill Cosby a *lot*.

by Anonymousreply 4407/31/2013

I'm so over her, and I say that as someone who bought The Fame on the first day it was released here in Canada (before the US).

by Anonymousreply 4507/31/2013

Yeah, Lisa had one too.

by Anonymousreply 4607/31/2013

The concepts and themes of the album began developing in December 2011. While performing a concert in Australia, Gaga previewed a song titled "Princess Die", a song with suicidal themes that was written about Princess Diana and her death. Gaga stated that the version of "Princess Die" she performed likely will not be included on Artpop, but a more upbeat dance version of the track may possibly make the final tracklist. She also declared that this album will demonstrate a "lack of maturity and responsibility", and that Artpop is contrast to the themes that were displayed in her previous album Born This Way. In November, Gaga revealed via her Twitter that she wrote "like 50 songs" to be considered for inclusion on Artpop.

The official album announcement released on July 12 mentioned that Gaga will be hosting an "artRave" party the night before the album's release that will officially launch the album as well as showcase projects she has been working on in collaboration with The Haus of Gaga, Dutch photographer duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, avant-garde theater director Robert Wilson, performance artist Marina Abramović, and artist Jeff Koons. The image accompanying the announcement features Lady Gaga covering her bare breasts wither her arms, showing the "Artpop" tattoo on her left forearm, and wearing a visor by the London College of Fashion alumna Isabell Yalda Hellysaz. Another promo shows Gaga with long brown hair, sitting completely naked on a chair made of motherboards, wearing a pair of spectacles and showing her unicorn thigh tattoo.

Gaga announced last Christmas through her Twitter account that a movie "documenting my life, the creation of Artpop + you" is currently in the process of being created. The film will be directed by photographer Terry Richardson, who worked with Gaga in the past on their joint photography book titled, Lady Gaga x Terry Richardson.

by Anonymousreply 4707/31/2013

God I cannot stand Bonnie Franklin! She's just so chipper she makes you want to sneak up behind her with a pillow and smother her.

by Anonymousreply 4808/01/2013

The Lil Monters think they can pull a scam so that, by using the "app", the sale of a single will count as the sale of an album. They are really hoping to drive up first week sales this way.

Maybe Amazon can do another flash sale and just sell the cd for a penny. That will get it some sales.

by Anonymousreply 4908/01/2013

I think the teen girls can identify much more with Katy than with Lady Gaga. Teen girls are the ones who still buy music (rather than stealing it), as witness the fact that this week's Number 1 cd looks to be Selena Gomez' new one. Selena is such a talent.

by Anonymousreply 5008/01/2013

So first she ripped off Madonna, and now she's ripping off Broadway shows? What's next?

by Anonymousreply 5108/01/2013

Hope it's a good single. BORN THIS WAY was a let down for me after the perfectness that was FAME MONSTER. The Edge of Glory and Hair are the only songs I still listen to from the former, whereas I still listen to everything from the latter.

by Anonymousreply 5208/01/2013

It's the whereas troll again.

by Anonymousreply 5308/01/2013

Idiot at R49 that drivel posted by that disgusting blog and Perez Hilton have been disproved by Bill Werde from Billboard himself. I guess it's really true that Gaga has a lot of unprofessional haters who hate her for no reason at all. It's really sad that so done from Billboard has to set the record straight for trolls and haters.

by Anonymousreply 5408/01/2013

Wow, R53 you prefer generic songs than less generic pop songs, because yeah I admit that Born This Way is not some huge artistry but it's quality surpasses TFM for sure.

by Anonymousreply 5508/01/2013

R54, there is no misinformation in that post. Amazon sold Gaga's album for 99cents for a week as a promotion. Naturally, it sold extremely well. When the price went back up to the retail price, GaGa suffered the biggest one-week drop in sales in the history of Billboard. This achievement was later broken by 2.5% by Madonna and her MDNA CD. But at least Madonna SOLD her CD at retail prices. They were offered for sale when a concert ticket was purchased, full price.

by Anonymousreply 5608/01/2013

Remember when she was relevant? What a time that was!

by Anonymousreply 5708/01/2013

No, R56 while R49 did mention the Amazon sale (which even without it BTW would have sold 600K not to mention that some of those sales would still have bought the album at the normal price) the link he/she posted was about the ARTPOP app and the misinformation that one single sale would equal an album sale. Bill Werde set the record straight and said this was not true and a single bought through the app would count as 1 single sale while the whole album bought from the app would count as 1 album sale. Logical enough.

by Anonymousreply 5808/01/2013

Yes R57, the sky was blue, so very blue, back then...

by Anonymousreply 5908/01/2013

[quote]Teen girls are the ones who still buy music (rather than stealing it), as witness the fact that this week's Number 1 cd looks to be Selena Gomez' new one. Selena is such a talent.

Selena barely sold a 100,000 copies and she's only number 1 because there was absolutely no competition the week her album came out. For such a heavily promoted pop star, 100,000 copies the first week is a flop.

by Anonymousreply 6008/01/2013

R60 she still sold more than Floptina's and Ke$hit's most recent albums.

by Anonymousreply 6108/01/2013

TeeHeeHee! Oh! I get it, R40. That is funny because you said Flopdonna or some such shit. You are a real comedienne. You must be the life of parties with your quick wit and cleverness and your friends must love to be with you.

by Anonymousreply 6208/01/2013

Bump for the Queen of Pop

by Anonymousreply 6308/01/2013

Good cover.

by Anonymousreply 6408/01/2013

[quote]So first she ripped off Madonna

That's rich, seeing as though Madonna is the QUEEN of rip-offs. Anyway, Gaga is more reminiscent of Grace Jones and Dale Bozzio than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 6508/01/2013

I actually like the cover, it's kind of original.

by Anonymousreply 6608/01/2013

r66, you must have though culture only began after 1989. She's ripping off Pierrot.

by Anonymousreply 6708/02/2013

"Bump for the Queen of Pop"

Oops, sorry, I meant to post that in the Madonna thread.

by Anonymousreply 6808/02/2013

But, seriously, on what planet is Lady Gaga the Queen of Pop? Even if you believe Madonna was no longer deserving of the title, Rihanna and Katy Perry have stronger claims to it than Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 6908/02/2013

So true.

by Anonymousreply 7008/02/2013

Lol, Katy Perry is only Queen of Singles, and RIhanna is Queen of Music Mass Production. No, after Madonna Gaga is the new Queen of Pop. And stupid at R67 many people have dressed as Pierrot, doesn't mean they ripped the character off. If anyone else had done it you would have kept your mouth shut but because it's Gaga: Copy cat! Rip-off! Bring out the pitchforks!

by Anonymousreply 7108/02/2013

Everything Gaga does is a calculated affectation, a mediocre copy of another's innovaton. Bowie, Nomi, Grace Jones, Madonna. And now Pierrot. She can actually fuck right off. The true artist of our day and age is Britney Spears precisely because she has made a fine art of out artlessness.

by Anonymousreply 7208/02/2013

R72 is an idiot. When Gaga was the new hot shit no one ever said she copied David Bowie or anything, they said she's just a fan of him. And then she became big and everyone joined in to tear her down. I can't believe some people always criticise actually good talent and then say Britney/Katy/Rihanna whatever are better because they're bad.

by Anonymousreply 7308/02/2013

Gaga is just OK. She will never be an icon for the ages like you think she will. Get over it, go buy her record when it comes out. Not all of us are drinking the kool-aid.

by Anonymousreply 7408/02/2013

She is such a mediocrity and her fans are so desperate to lionize somebody of their hopelessly aspiring ilk that they had to select her.

by Anonymousreply 7508/02/2013

R52 I agree The Edge of Glory is the best song from the album, they should promote it instead of the fillers like Judas.

by Anonymousreply 7608/02/2013

Gaga is NOT the Queen of Pop and NEVER will be. Bad Romance was her peak. Get over it and move on. Paws down, Little Ghouls.

by Anonymousreply 7708/02/2013

Gaga is already an icon, particularly amongst her peers. She inspired the Ke$has, Nicki Minajes and the Katy Perrys to dress and behave wildly and outlandishly. At the MTV Awards several years back, while Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj were in the audience wearing cheese boxes on their heads and odd-looking dresses, Gaga was up onstage in male drag channelling Bob Dylan. She's always way ahead of the game.

by Anonymousreply 7808/03/2013

"Gaga was up onstage in male drag channelling Bob Dylan. She's always way ahead of the game."

Very original!

by Anonymousreply 7908/03/2013

BORN THIS WAY had many great tracks. Heavy Metal Lover (better than anything Madonna has put out in ages), Schiesse, Mary The Night, Hair, Amen Fashion (Black Jesus), Highway Unicorn, Americano...

by Anonymousreply 8008/03/2013

Yes, very original. How many of Gaga's peers would have had the idea or the gumption to appear at the AMAs in male drag, perform in it AND stay in character all night? Not a one. Can you imagine Rihanna, Katy or Ke$ha doing the same? No? Me either.

by Anonymousreply 8108/03/2013

Can anyone please make a new Colton Haynes thread?

by Anonymousreply 8208/03/2013

r81, I agree, it takes a lot of coke, I mean courage, to do what Gaga did.

by Anonymousreply 8308/03/2013

ARTFLOP

by Anonymousreply 8408/03/2013

R74 is absolutely right.

by Anonymousreply 8508/03/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 8608/03/2013

r86 is posting from an alternate dimension.

by Anonymousreply 8708/03/2013

R81 Madonna did the male drag thing during her opening performance of Bye Bye Baby at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards

Google it

by Anonymousreply 8808/03/2013

R65 while it's true Gaga owes a lot of her success to the incredible Grace Jones you have to be deaf dumb and blind not ti see the Madonna influences

Her own stylist even did an interview with CNN, before she was sacked, where she statd that her and GaGa PURPOSELY ripped off Madonna's past images

Gaga's first press release from 2008 states how much she loves Madonna and that "Gaga will revolutionalize the music industry in a way no female performer has since Madonna 25 years ago." Gaga also told Larry King that "I'm the world's biggedt Madonna fan and have spent hours watching her performances and interviews, I really love how she answers questions in her interviews

The little monsters seem to forget all of this

by Anonymousreply 8908/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 9008/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 9108/03/2013

She is over except for the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 9208/04/2013

Send in the clown. Don't bother, she's here:

by Anonymousreply 9308/04/2013

FARTPLOP

by Anonymousreply 9408/04/2013

Ooh I like FARTPLOP even better than ARTFLOP, but they're both appropriate. One describes the music and the other describes the state of Gaga's career.

by Anonymousreply 9508/04/2013

How laughable R95, especially when she's just been declared the highest-earning celebrity under age 30. It seems her career is going great and ARTPOP will ensure her continued success.

by Anonymousreply 9608/04/2013

Madonna queens will ignore all logic. I'm not one of the Gaga is the queen of the world trolls, but she's not over... yet.

by Anonymousreply 9708/04/2013

She dropped off the face of the earth at the precise moment people were starting to get sick of her. Soon, America would've been ready to tear her down since that's what we do, but she was just gone. For a WHILE. Now she's back and we realize that we missed her.

This new project is extremely exciting IMO. I'm dying to hear this single.

by Anonymousreply 9808/04/2013

Exactly, R97. On the other I am a Gaga is the Queen troll but only to annoy the Madge fans here. Even if ARTPOP flops that won't mean she's over yet. Of course, if she releases another album that will flop as well that'll be here going to Xtina way.

by Anonymousreply 9908/04/2013

She's great at marketing, r96, I give her that. In the age of digital music she's very successful at monetising her products.

by Anonymousreply 10008/04/2013

R97 why would Madonna queens ignore logic? It's true that Gaga was the highest earning celeb under 30 with $80 million this past year

But Madonna was the highest earning celeb period earning $125 million last year

30 years in the motherfucking game!

Cyndi Lauper who started the same time as Madonna has a entire career networth of $15 million

Yet Madonna with a net worth $650 million - 1 Billion earned an additional $125 million last year

Does the success ever stop for the richest, biggest selling, most successful and highest grossing touring female artist in the history of the music industry?

by Anonymousreply 10108/04/2013

They ignore logic when they Gaga is a flop or is over. That's clearly not true for the time being. Which is what I said in my original post of which you unsurprisingly ignore the second half.

by Anonymousreply 10208/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 10308/04/2013

You just have to pity people like r103. They're like 9-year-old girls trapped in the body of a 31-year-old gay man.

by Anonymousreply 10408/04/2013

I think R103 is a troll who probably doesn't even like her. And this is coming from me, the Gaga Troll. Even I'd never go that far...

by Anonymousreply 10508/04/2013

Madonna is obviously scared shitless of Gaga. If you notice, she took Britney to her bosom, so to speak--wearing Britney shirts, dueting with her in a music video, etc. With Lady Gaga, she's shown nothing but shade and jealousy because she KNOWS Gaga is the real deal. Hell, Gaga even turned Madonna down for a duet, to which Madonna went on and on about during one of her concerts. Someone not breaking the door down to duet with her probably shocked the shit out of her.

Gaga is not only more talented than Madonna (which Madonna is well aware of), but she's equally as hungry as Madonna was at the start of her own career, she's just as good at taking elements of people who've inspired her and making them her own (something Madonna has done from day one), and she's a bold, brazen and brash bitch who knows what she wants and goes after it. Madonna sees herself in this young girl (unlike Britney, who was a cute upstart but no threat), and it scares her to death because she knows that Gaga is poised to take over where she left off years ago, and in most ways, has already done it.

by Anonymousreply 10608/04/2013

"Now she's back and we realize that we missed her."

Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10708/04/2013

What's that on her lip? Applesauce? No...

by Anonymousreply 10808/04/2013

R106, you are absolutely insane.

by Anonymousreply 10908/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 11008/04/2013

[R106 R110 ,103] ALL idiots. The only thing Madoona is scared of is getting old and not bieng sexually attractive, that's her whole thing. Gaga has a long way to go before she will have had the impact madoona did.

by Anonymousreply 11108/05/2013

FARTPLOP!

by Anonymousreply 11208/05/2013

[quote]Gaga has a long way to go before she will have had the impact madoona did.

Gaga is in her 20s, has a legion of faithful fans, has already made an impact in the industries of music, fashion, print, technology, and will soon try her hand at movies (she'll appear in a new Quentin Tarantino film later this year). She is only just beginning.

by Anonymousreply 11308/05/2013

R111 I love when people say Madonna alwys sells sex, from 1995-2005, Madonna didn't use her sexuality at all

She was alsmost sexless During this time she did Evita Ray of Light, Music and American Life

With the exception of American Life all of these projects were hugely successful commercially and critically.

Madonna didn't bring sex back until the leotard for Confessions on a Dancefloor in 2005

by Anonymousreply 11408/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 11508/05/2013

R115 that's because Madonna's first album wasn't released until she was 25.

Gaga's came out when she was 22

And by the time Madonna was 27 she had released the Like a Virgin album which sold 21 million worldwide

GaGa will never have big sellers like that

And Madonna would release 2 more albums that would sell more than that!

by Anonymousreply 11608/05/2013

it's hard to compare albums sales because people don't buy like they used to. A lot more people just download it illegally online, buy only the tracks they want to hear, or don't buy music and just go onto sites like youtube, pandora or grooveshark to hear songs over and over again. "Like A Prayer" would not have sold so well in this kind of environment.

by Anonymousreply 11708/05/2013

R115 has said this nonsense before. Madonna is 55. Let's see where Gaga is when she's 55 then we can compare. Otherwise, you're simply proving that Gaga cult followers are either 12 or have the brains of 12-year-olds.

And, is Gaga really as successful as Madonna was when she was 27? I don't think so. The very fact that Stefania's success is measured in terms of Madonna's shows that Madge is the standard to be reached.

by Anonymousreply 11808/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 11908/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 12008/05/2013

R119 really gives us Gaga fans a bad reputation. How about you just enjoy the music without feeling the need to bash other artists? I'm sure ARTPOP will be great and the haters will hate on it for sure, there's nothing we can do about that.

by Anonymousreply 12108/05/2013

R119 and yet according to Forbes Madonna still made more money than her last year

And Madonna came it at #5 on the Forbes power list, but according to the Billboard and Los Angeles Times power list of musicians Madonna came in at #1.

Billboard also just released their list of the All Time Most Successful Hot 100 Artists of the last 55 years

The Beatles were #1 and Madonna was #2

That's right more successful on the singles chart than Elvis (#4), MJ (#8) and Whitney (#9)

By the way Gaga was #81. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 12208/05/2013

R119 and yet last year that "talentless, old, has been" earned yet another Guinness World Record for her Superbowl halftime shoe which became the most watched TV show in US TV history, earning 3 milliin more viewers than the game itself for a total audience of 117 million

Madonna also had the #1 tour of the year, earning $305 million with MDNA, the tour also outgrossed and outperformed Gaga's tour, despite the fact that Madonna did 10 LESS dates

The MDNA album debuted at #1 in over 50 countries went Gold in the US and became the 12th top selling album of the year worldwide

Yes the album underperformed and it set a record for the largest second week drop of a #1 album since Billboard began using Soundscan

by Anonymousreply 12308/05/2013

R123 cont. In 1991, but Gaga had the record before Madonna and the album still went Gold in the US

Madonna also became one of the oldest performers in history to score a top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100, in addition all 3 singles released from the album went to #1 on the dance charts extending her record for most #1 dance singles with an incredible 43!

Billboard and Los Angeles Times both named her the most powrful musician of the last year while Forbes named her the 5th most powerful celeb and #1 highest paid celeb of the last year.

In fact Madonna set another record with her $125 million earnings, for female artist with the highest yearly earnings. The woman who had that record before her? Madonna, who in 2009 earned $110 million. She's not only still setting records but she's extending records she already set

The success of the tour and album earned her 3 Billboard awards, based on sales for Top Tour Biggest Selling Dance Album and Biggest Selling Dance Artist

Oh yeah such a has been

by Anonymousreply 12408/05/2013

These are the lyrics to the song, the same she released on Facebook this morning..It's not her singing obviously

by Anonymousreply 12508/05/2013

oops wrong link

by Anonymousreply 12608/05/2013

Gaga about the recent issues on LGBT people in Russia:

"Sending bravery to LGBTs in Russia. The rise in government abuse is archaic. Hosing teenagers with pepper spray? Beatings? Mother Russia?

The Russian government is criminal. Oppression will be met with revolution. Russian LGBTs you are not alone. We will fight for your freedom."

by Anonymousreply 12708/05/2013

If only Gaga was thin.

by Anonymousreply 12808/05/2013

Anorexic queen at R128

by Anonymousreply 12908/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 13008/05/2013

R122 do you know anything that Meryl Streep has done or is that just a name that you've heard once or twice?

by Anonymousreply 13108/05/2013

R131 here, that was meant for R130

by Anonymousreply 13208/05/2013

But does Gaga look 27, R115? That's the real question.

by Anonymousreply 13308/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 13408/05/2013

R129, Gaga had the nerve to shade Adele in the press about her weight so she's not off limits. If anything she should become friends with Adele so she can give her tips on how to eat her feelings and still be successful in the music biz.

by Anonymousreply 13508/05/2013

Idiot at R135 she didn't "shade" Adele. My god, she merely mentioned how no critic bashed Adele for her weight while everyone trashed Gaga when pictures came out of her looking fat. And moreover, those pictures were proven to be photoshopped anyway. Gaga adores Adele, never shaded her, never will, even if ignorant queens like you want to pit her against everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 13608/05/2013

Moron at R136, attempting to divert attention onto someone else because they " are bigger than you" because you don't like being bashed is shade, vicious, and disgusting. It shows what kind of person she truly is. Instead of saying no one should be bashed about their weight, she asked why that other fat girl isn't being bashed. People don't typically throw people they "adore" under the bus. There was no reason for her to even mention Adele's name. The fact that you defend everything she does makes all of your posts meaningless. And only a moron would say that Adele has never been bashed about her weight. Adele may be bigger but she's also prettier and way more talented.

by Anonymousreply 13708/05/2013

Photoshopped my fat ass! That was real cottage cheese on those thunder thighs of Gaga's. The difference is Adele would not be caught dead wearing a leotard and pantyhose halfway of her ass on stage.

by Anonymousreply 13808/05/2013

Wrong video R138. You failed. And yes, they were photoshopped. And R137 she didn't say why they didnt bash Adele. She specifically said critics don't do it, period. Is she supposed to ignore that Adele has more weight than her? I defend her because of unwarranted hate not because she's a god. Idiots like you show why some of us are constantly defending her. Maybe we shouldn't bother but we do because we hate people hating on someone who's trying to do some good.

by Anonymousreply 13908/05/2013

Uh, R139, she clearly said that Adele is bigger than her and doesn't get criticized about it. There is no way around what she said and what she meant. She's a fraud and fake just like her fans who are the biggest bullies of all who use gay and racial slurs and many other slurs all over the internet. She ignores the fact that Adele is prettier than her, more talented than her, more successful than she will ever be, and that Adele's albums sales are also bigger than hers so I'm sure she can add another fact to that list of things she likes to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 14008/05/2013

R140 with that post you've just revealed yourself as an obsessed and unhinged Gaga hater. What the fuck do you mean she has to acknowledge Adele is prettier than her or that she's sold more albums? And what control does she have over her fans? If twitter monsters are being offensive that's their problem, besides twitter/youtube/tumblr are cesspits. What the fuck's wrong with you? Go take your meds, slip in a bit more, and rid us of your insane presence.

by Anonymousreply 14108/05/2013

Taling meds and slip? Isn't that what Gaga did when she broke her hip?

by Anonymousreply 14208/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 14308/06/2013

The queen of pop?! Show me a singer who wants to be the Queen of Pop and I'll show you someone who is not really a singer. None of the pop performers you mention will ever go down in musical history as a singer. NONE OF THEM. They are all cartoons. And their fans are all musically illiterate - and as is so clear reading this thread, fan is short for fanatic. You all need to get some sort of lives for yourselves. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 14408/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 14508/06/2013

R145 Sounds like horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 14608/06/2013

R106 Madonna supposedly asked Gaga to duet with her on September 8th, 2012 Gaga couldn't do it because she was in England that same night on her Born This Way Tour

Gaga didn't say no because she didn't want to she said no because she was on the other side of the Atlantic.

Even Gaga's manager confirmed this

And Gaga is in no way shape or form more talented than Madonna

Madonna sings, writes produces and dances and play instruments

Except for the singing, vocal part Madonna does all these better than Gaga, especially dancing

by Anonymousreply 14708/06/2013

R145 that's still rough around the edges since it's a demo. But it sounds gay all the same. Stations in Australia have already begun playing it. The power of the Queen of Pop.

by Anonymousreply 14808/06/2013

Gaga has a secret.....

by Anonymousreply 14908/06/2013

What person doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 15008/06/2013

Yes but this secret will damage her career. Her former friend Wendy either ghost wrote her biggest hits, or she really does have penis.

by Anonymousreply 15108/06/2013

Well, she got fat and then disappeared. So I'm thinking either she got knocked up and gave birth to a secret baby (copying Janet) OR had liposuction. Lipo would be a bad image for her ugly monsters. I can see either being damaging to her career.

by Anonymousreply 15208/06/2013

Talentless slag.

by Anonymousreply 15308/06/2013

Those fat pictures were photoshopped. For the last time, my god, haters really love to use those fake pictures.

by Anonymousreply 15408/06/2013

The video doesn't lie you stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 15508/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 15608/06/2013

What video, asshole at R155 ? You sound like a teenage Bieber/OneDirection fan. Give us the link or shut your snatch.

by Anonymousreply 15708/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 15808/06/2013

Queen of Plopfart

by Anonymousreply 15908/06/2013

The video is posted earlier in this thread,cornhole. If you can past her rat face you will see those disgusting cottage cheese legs. Look it up, fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 16008/06/2013

Lol the fucktard is you R160 If you see that link the other idiot posted as "proof" of Gaga being fat you'd see the video was about the features of some camera recorder and nowhere is Gaga seen. You're so desperate you do not even check your sources. You're an idiot and an imbecile. And you've just been trashed.

by Anonymousreply 16108/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 16208/06/2013

You need to capitalise it R162 ;)

by Anonymousreply 16308/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 16408/06/2013

FARTPLOP

by Anonymousreply 16508/06/2013

Stats, details, stats, details, blah-blah-blah, numbers make the truth, blah-blah-blah, more endless stats and yada-yada-yadas. And even more blah-blah-blahs.

by Anonymousreply 16608/06/2013

Lady Gaga's bat shit-crazy rabid fans who get so ANGRY are not doing her dwindling career any good. Who wants to be assailed by the furious and catty rants of the type we have experienced in this thread?! They're just the tip of a titanic sized iceberg. If she really wanted to boost her career, she would rein them in big-time.

by Anonymousreply 16708/06/2013

Can you imagine what kind of obese basement dweller [R161] is. LOL What's the matter honey? the truth hit a little close to a grease clogged nerve?

By the way, The leaked Burqa track is already a joke all over the internet!

by Anonymousreply 16808/07/2013

[quote]By the way, The leaked Burqa track is already a joke all over the internet!

That's such a blatant lie, I would not be surprised if Madonna wrote it herself.

by Anonymousreply 16908/07/2013

R168 must be a Vadge fan. He insults me but does not respond to my post where I told him he was quoting proof without verifying it. The proof in question was supposed to contain a video of a fat lady gaga. I claimed that fat photos of her were photoshopped. His quoted proof was actually of a video of a camera feature if some model, and nothing to do with Gaga. Goes to show his desperate hate. Don't be afraid to show your ignorance, stupidity, and hate, honey. Can't believe he posted again thinking he had the upper hand when his troll nature became apparent in his previous post.

by Anonymousreply 17008/07/2013

R133, she's 27 but could pass for mid-thirties in makeup. That makeup-free pic she "shared" it's even older.

by Anonymousreply 17108/07/2013

I don't care if she's fat or not, I just want her to take her vacuous idiocy, bad music, political posturing, artistic thievery, creative bankruptcy, and idiot fans and go away.

by Anonymousreply 17208/07/2013

What the hell is wrong with you grown men? Enjoy your pop stars. But why the fuck do you have so much invested in who is the biggest fucking star? This is like straight guys who argue over Kobe vs Lebron. It's ridiculous. Just enjoy their music. Or don't. Fuck. It's really disconcerting.

by Anonymousreply 17308/07/2013

R172 stay pressed, she's not going anywhere anytime soon. R171 I agree, she does look older than she really is. Very weird.

by Anonymousreply 17408/07/2013

When you take the makeup off of her, she looks VERY Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 17508/07/2013

R173, have you ever heard sports fans trash talk a team that lives in a rival city in comparison to the team of the city where they live, as if they had anything to do with it?

This is that. It's tribal.

by Anonymousreply 17608/07/2013

I think she looks very Mediterranean, R175

by Anonymousreply 17708/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 17808/07/2013

R176, I love sports, so I have. But I don't engage. I find it embarrassing. It's juvenile. And I love my particular brand of music. But I don't fight over its efficacy with grown men over the internet. It's just sad. At least to me. I mean we have Janbot and Madgebot and Gagabot who can spew every stat, chart ranking, etc. Again, it's just sad. I feel bad for them.

by Anonymousreply 17908/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 18008/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 18108/07/2013

Madonna is so desperate she has to ascertain herself as the queen of pop. Ina video she posted about her new "secret project" there was a label saying: Madonna Queen of Pop. Lol, desperate has-been.

by Anonymousreply 18208/07/2013

R182 you do realize that Michael Jackson asserted himself The King of Pop back in '91 when Dangerous came out?

Part of the press release sent out to MTV was that all VJ's on air MUST refer to him as the King of Pop or MJ wouldn't work with MTV in the future

Reporter Kurt Loder hated having to refer to him as that on air, so he woul call him "the so called King of Pop".

Haha!

by Anonymousreply 18308/07/2013

R182 if Madonna is a "desperate has been" than how come she DESTROYED Gags on tour last year and made way more money than her

If a "has been" can easily outsell and outgross one of the si called hottest new pop stars around, then what does that make Gags?

You just contradicted yourself

by Anonymousreply 18408/07/2013

R184 Madonna has been touring for ages gathering fans, Gaga is new and compared to her contemporaries she's a hit in tours. Besides, I wasn't mentioning tours but that secret project video. R183 no, I didn't know that and it's stupid that he did that actually.

by Anonymousreply 18508/07/2013

[quote]Reporter Kurt Loder hated having to refer to him as that on air, so he woul call him "the so called King of Pop".

Yet ugly old queen Kurt Loder kissed Vadges' asshole whenever he interviewed her.

by Anonymousreply 18608/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 18708/07/2013

R187 it was not you idiot! She has 2 more tours on her Live Nation contract

She has never once mentioned it aa a farewell tour, do you think she name the tour after her brand new album and only perform about 6 hits out of her legendary back catalog if it was her farewell tour?

The previous Madonna tour made even more money! Everytime Madonna tours it's like a new Star Wars tour, you just know it'll be the top grossing at the box office for the year and destroy everyone else in ticket sales

by Anonymousreply 18808/07/2013

Billboard has named MADONNA as the top solo artist in the publication's history. Lady Gaga, Queen of Fartplop, didn't even make the top ten.

by Anonymousreply 18908/07/2013

R189, you must be new here. Everyone knows that GAGBOT is psycho and that is why no one really pays attention to her ravings any longer. We just ignore her and let her talk to herself with her multiple self "ask and answer" posts. But I thought I'd stop in and let you know the score.

A word of advice about GAGBOT, don't feed her after midnight.

Richly Yours,

by Anonymousreply 19008/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 19108/07/2013

R191 has posted the premier example of how badly a song can be produced. I encourage all of you to listen to it as an exercise, whether you adore or despise GaGA.

by Anonymousreply 19208/07/2013

Not top mention I thought it was Dale Bozzio in the photo.

by Anonymousreply 19308/07/2013

A lot of Vadge fans and Gaga haters on DL. Not surprising given the abundance of edlergays and effeminate queens.

by Anonymousreply 19408/07/2013

R194, you mean like adolescent queens like you who keep referring to Madonna as Vadge, as if that were fresh and clever instead of tired, clichéd and worn-out?

by Anonymousreply 19508/07/2013

Nope, I'm strictly referring to Vadge fans not Gaga fans.

by Anonymousreply 19608/07/2013

FARTPLOP

by Anonymousreply 19708/07/2013

FARTPLOP dropping in a toilet near you on November 11th!!!

by Anonymousreply 19808/07/2013

It will sell more than MDNA, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 19908/07/2013

Touring is where the money's at. But the drug addict has brittle bones so...

by Anonymousreply 20008/07/2013

Well, if touring is where the money is Gaga is doing well since for a relatively new artist she's got the highest-grossing tour when compared to her contemporaries (not compared to legends such as Madonna and all the rest). She's also the highest paid celebrity under 30, she's not going away anytime soon. ARTPOP will probably end up one of the best selling albums of 2013.

by Anonymousreply 20108/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 20208/07/2013

R202 that's why MDNA sold almost 2 million copies worldwide and was the 12th top selling album of 2012

She also won Billboard Awards for Top SELLING Dance Album of the Year and Top SELLING Dance artist of the year

Monsters are so dumb

by Anonymousreply 20308/07/2013

Gagas demographic don't buy music - they steal it. She'll need a gimmick to get them to buy the album.

by Anonymousreply 20408/07/2013

Umm, Born This Way is over 6 million copies sold and was the 2nd top selling album of 2011. Madge fans are so dumb. Also, it was nominated for AOTY Grammy. It was the most popular album after the phenomenal 21.

by Anonymousreply 20508/07/2013

R205 BTW sold 5.6 million, which is prettt low considering it was the most promoted album in history

And you don't wanna go their with album sales, when you consider that Madonna is THE BIGGEST SELLING FEMALE ARTIST OF ALL TIME

And if you consider BTW as Gags 3rd studio album, then compare it to True Blue, Madonna's 3rd studio album

25 million sold worldwide

World's #1 selling album of 1986

Biggest selling album OF THE ENTIRE DECADE BY A FEMALE ARTIST

At the time of it's release biggest selling album by a female artist of all time, with Madonna beating her previous record with the 21 million selling Like a Virgin album

First album in history to have 5 #1 singles on the United World Charts

#1 for a still unbroken 34 CONSECUTIVE weeks on the European Album Chart

Entered the 1988 Guinness Book of Records as the album to go to #1 in the most countries worldwide, which Guinness called "unprecedented"

by Anonymousreply 20608/07/2013

The Haus of Gaga's Minister of Propaganda has discovered datalounge it seems.

by Anonymousreply 20708/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 20808/07/2013

r208, what is her power exactly? Saving Little Monsters from suicide through empty promises?

by Anonymousreply 20908/07/2013

Anyone else on here have a growing feeling that the also "imaged changed" Katy Perry's first and subsequent singles will outsell GaGa's? The "monsters" keep harping on Madge this but Katy Perry is the real chart star of this era. She seems to treat her career as fun and not as the second coming of Mummenschanz.

by Anonymousreply 21008/07/2013

Gaga is not a real artist. Too much money and success has utterly sterilized her. She reeks of decadence.

by Anonymousreply 21108/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 21208/07/2013

I have no idea how Katy Perry has a career. I saw her in 2008 right before she got big, and bitch can't sing. Although I think she might have been drunk at the time.

by Anonymousreply 21308/07/2013

LOL! What a bunch of bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 21408/08/2013

It's something Marina does. But of course, it's bullshit now that Gaga does it, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 21508/08/2013

I never got the impression that she feels her music is art r31 but everything around the music is. But she is an artist who creates her own art (music)and surrounds it with performance art and fashion (art) and staging (art) into one big art piece. Gaga gives credit to her team with the Haus of Gaga tag. I admit it would be better if she gave them some name that did not glorify her own.

In contrast to Madonna who had the same kind of thing going on but took all credit for everything and still acted as if she were an artist when in fact nothing was her brainchild.

by Anonymousreply 21608/08/2013

R216 bullshit! Madonna has ALWAYS given credit to her collaborators, look at Truth or Dare, after her dad comes backstage to tell her it was a great show the FIRST words out of Madonna's mouth are "weren't my dancers great, aren't the musicians incredible"?

by Anonymousreply 21708/08/2013

Well 210 I appreciate what Gaga does. Maybe it's a New York thing but I enjoy her performance art and think it is good. There needs to be a renaissance of art experimentation in every art form. We need more art not less. Art is good for civilization particularly one as fucked up as ours.

by Anonymousreply 21808/08/2013

r217 that's one example and she did not credit her costumers or art directors or her producers etc. She kept talking about her art and her artistic expression. Bullshit. None of that her brainchild and I've never heard her talk about any of them. Correction only her brother Christopher and that was well into her fame before I ever even heard of him.

Ever hear the name Jellybean come out her mouth?

Did she ever go on and on about William Orbit?

by Anonymousreply 21908/08/2013

R219 MTV had a making of Ray of Light special before the albums release and Madonna went on and on with Kurt Loder about what a "genius" Orbit is.

by Anonymousreply 22008/08/2013

No it was bullshit before too [R215]. Dare anyone to watch that with a straight face

by Anonymousreply 22108/08/2013

Here's Gaga with the directors of the APPLAUSE video--Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin...

by Anonymousreply 22208/08/2013

Gaga in the studio

by Anonymousreply 22308/08/2013

ARTPOP

by Anonymousreply 22408/08/2013

The disabled are the new gays for Lady Haha, or something. But seriously, this is getting offensive.

by Anonymousreply 22508/08/2013

#roar

by Anonymousreply 22708/08/2013

R225 you're easily offended...

R226 you're disgusting...

R227 Roar will top the radio, have aside success, and be forgotten in a few months.

by Anonymousreply 22808/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 22908/09/2013

R222 they worked with Madonna numerous times

R229 when Gaga can become the Biggest Selling Female Artist of all Time as well as the highest grossing solo touring act in history and have more top 10 hit songs than even The Beatles or anybody else in history than we can talk.

Not to mention staying on top for 30 years STRAIGHT

And just to reiterate the OFFICIAL Billboard top 100 artists of all time on the Hot 100 list

Madonna at #2

Gags as #85

Haha!

by Anonymousreply 23008/09/2013

KUDOS to R230!!!

by Anonymousreply 23108/09/2013

Hot 100? That's how you measure good music. Lol Carly Rae Jepsen, Psy, and Robin Thicke must be higher than Gaga, doesn't make them better or give them staying power. Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 23208/09/2013

R232 first everyone knows Madonna is the Queen of staying power, secondly it's based off of singles sales success of the 55 year history of the chart and the ENTIRE top 10 are bonafide legends

1. The Beatles

2. MADONNA

3. Elton John

4. Elvis Presley

5. Mariah Carey

6. Stevie Wonder

7. Janet Jackson

8. Michael Jackson

9. Whitney Houston

10. The Rolling Stones

LEGENDS a group Gaga will never be in and by the way

85. LADY GAGS

by Anonymousreply 23308/09/2013

R233 you can eat your own words 30 years from now when Gaga will be higher on that list. But of course, you'd be dead by then.

by Anonymousreply 23408/09/2013

R34 "But of course, you'd be dead by then" GOOD

by Anonymousreply 23508/09/2013

R234 I would only be 61 in 30 years, just 5 years older than Gaga if she were to still be alive and not have died from a drug overdose

by Anonymousreply 23608/09/2013

She stopped using hard drugs, honey. She might, however die from liver failure with all the alcohol she consumes.

by Anonymousreply 23708/09/2013

I'd hate to see her (gaga) 30 years into her career, CHRIST what she will look like!

by Anonymousreply 23808/09/2013

Hopefully better than Madonna's hands and tits.

by Anonymousreply 23908/09/2013

30 years from now Gaga will look like a really fat anteater.

by Anonymousreply 24008/09/2013

Hello, I'm Lady GaGa. I am a very serious artiste and you should take me seriously.

by Anonymousreply 24108/09/2013

[quote]they worked with Madonna numerous times

Who asked? And what's more, who gives a fuck? MANdonna is (old, and) history. Gaga is the new black.

by Anonymousreply 24208/09/2013

8/19 will be the song's debut, the video's debut, and Lady Gaga's performance of it on the MTV Awards. A banner day, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 24308/09/2013

Actually the performance is on the 25th.

by Anonymousreply 24408/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 24508/09/2013

Caca is so fucking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 24608/10/2013

Gaga is so fucking beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 24708/10/2013

Copy Perry's lead single "Roar" has just leaked and it's a rip-off of "Brave" by Sara Bareilles.

by Anonymousreply 24808/10/2013

Why would anyone rip off Brave? I love Bareilles, but that was a shit song.

by Anonymousreply 24908/10/2013

Because Katy can get away with and still be successful, her being the pop star sweetheart. Just watch/listen to the video I linked.

by Anonymousreply 25008/10/2013

Bump for Lady Gaga, the Goddess of Pop.

by Anonymousreply 25108/11/2013

Double bump for Gaga's nostrils.

by Anonymousreply 25208/11/2013

Triple bump for Gaga's septum.

by Anonymousreply 25308/11/2013

APPLAUSE

by Anonymousreply 25408/11/2013

That's fake. The snippet leaked is only 11 seconds long and sounds nothing like that.

by Anonymousreply 25508/11/2013

Does Gaga really want to be the queen of pop? The whole image she puts out is of rock, of punk, avant garde, alternative, indie, underground - isn't that what she wants to be more? The "radical" image is a little incongruous with the music, however, which is fairly tame, standard, mainstream and even a little boring.

Yey, yoof at r324, you'll be "old" one day too. Hey, the Rolling Stones are very old, but no one complains about them. Why do you have a problem with older women? What you're saying is that by the time Gaga is Madonna's age she should retire and never perform live, because she's "old".

by Anonymousreply 25608/11/2013

Gaga actually calls herself the Queen of the Universe. She said it in a court deposition, so it's legal and official:

"in my work and what I do, I'm the queen of the universe every day."

by Anonymousreply 25708/11/2013

Lol yeah, R257 she's a pretentious bitch alright, no one's denying that. And R256 it's more that the way Madonna performs looks like she's till thinks she's 20 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 25808/11/2013

I agree with R256. Gaga's so called edginess doesn't match her fluff sound. Her music isn't daring or innovative. The whole avant garde persona is all smoke and mirrors. She is basically Christina Aguilera with better gimmicks.

by Anonymousreply 25908/11/2013

Heard the clip of her new single. I really love her. I'm glad she's back to being upbeat, though I also enjoy "Born This Way." You can bitch all you want, but the girl can write a catchy pop tune easily, and she's able to try different sounds, which is why Madonna lasted as long as she did. You look at Katy Perry, and she's 99% stuck in one genre. She can't do much else. When it comes to a Britney, or at least one step above her, it's Rhianna, who is safe. Ke$ha is yesterday's garbage. Britney and Christina are spent. They're on their last legs. Christina was able to extended her time in the spotlight thanks to reality television.

by Anonymousreply 26008/11/2013

One of her songs leaked, called Aura or Burqa. It's SOOOO good. Strange, odd, formless. I hated it the first time I heard it, but now I love it. She is no longer copying Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 26108/11/2013

Mick Jagger's been performing the same way for 50 years but no one says "hate him, he performs like he thinks he's 50 years younger".

I wonder how Gaga will be behaving in 20 years. Will she still be wearing her vaudeville outfits and pretending she's Ziggy Stardust? Or will she at some point ditch the pseudo-performance art - because, really, at 35-40 she's going to end up a parody of her younger self if she doesn't - and we'll finally get to meet Stefani Germanotta.

At least Peaches (another one Gaga copies) truly is avant garde and boundary-pushing, so it works for her in her 40s.

by Anonymousreply 26208/11/2013

Lol the way you talk, R262 is if Gaga goes around searching for things to copy. This argument is weak and several years expired. TMZ were even trying to imply Gaga copied Madonna with the naked video she did with Marina. Grasping at straws.

by Anonymousreply 26308/12/2013

The sound of one hand clapping...LAME

by Anonymousreply 26408/12/2013

LOL...The whole song is here

by Anonymousreply 26508/12/2013

In 20 years her meat dress will become a jerky dress

by Anonymousreply 26608/12/2013

It's here bitches. She will slay the radio.

by Anonymousreply 26708/12/2013

?? I think it's pretty terrible and pedestrian. Not exactly as ground breaking or artistic as she's trying to be.

by Anonymousreply 26808/12/2013

She really is over. That song is pure Euro Disco from, the 90's

by Anonymousreply 26908/12/2013

Everyone said BTW was not good for the masses and now that she releases something good for radio and the public, it's terrible? Lol, please, this will be successful.

by Anonymousreply 27008/12/2013

That's my opinion, yes I think it's terrible. But I have no doubt it will be all over the radio..that doesn't make it good though.

by Anonymousreply 27108/12/2013

Yes, and I respect your opinion. It's just that I don't understand what people want from her (apart from the haters who want her to go away). She tries to be edgy: pretentious, shitty. She tried to do mainstream: generic, crappy. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 27208/12/2013

I don't think it is great, but it is much better than Katy Perry's shitty new single that "leaked" too.

by Anonymousreply 27308/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 27408/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 27508/12/2013

Can she just please do songs like Just Dance or Love Game or Poker Face?

They were artistic and different in their subject matter. If you have to say something's art and high brow, then you're probably doing something wrong.

I think the new song is ok, but nothing stand out like her previous singles.

by Anonymousreply 27608/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 27708/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 27808/12/2013

I have Applause on replay. This is her best lead single, I believe it's even better than the overrated Bad Romance.

by Anonymousreply 27908/12/2013

She certainly stole Katy Perry's thunder.

by Anonymousreply 28008/12/2013

DO WE LOVE IT OR DO WE LOVE IT, GIRLS?!?

by Anonymousreply 28108/12/2013

The girl knows how to write a hit. That's all that matters. You can hate her antics all you want, but when push comes to shove, people will eat up her music like no tomorrow. Out of everyone on the pop scene, she's the most exciting one. I haven't seen someone so driven in decades.

The music video for this directed by fashion photographers, Inez and Vinoodh should be very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 28208/12/2013

[quote][R222] they worked with Madonna numerous times

Just once back in 1998. Their main collaboration when it comes to music is with Bjork.

by Anonymousreply 28308/12/2013

[quote][R202] that's why MDNA sold almost 2 million copies worldwide and was the 12th top selling album of 2012

12th top? That's a disaster. 2 million copies worldwide? That's another epic failure. Do you know how the industry works, honey?

Madonna could have success again if she actually cared about the music side of things. William Orbit who produced her last album, took to Facebook and trashed her repeatedly, saying that she didn't even come into the studio, how did she expect the album to do well? She was off making that movie of her's.

by Anonymousreply 28408/12/2013

Katy Perry copied "Brave" by Sara Bareilles.

by Anonymousreply 28508/12/2013

Applause is a great little pop song.

by Anonymousreply 28608/12/2013

Madonna's fans are elderly gays who are both bitter and horrified at the prospect of Madonna's irrelevance. Once she goes, their childhoods are officially over, and they have to deal with the fact that they are truly old. Madonna is having the same issue herself.

Seeing, gay guys in their 50s wearing Kabbalah string, and taking their fashion cues from Madonna, is truly horrifying. That stuff was cute back in the 80s when you were young, but my god, now? Then you're fighting with a 26 year old girl, quoting Madonna's "Lady Who"? I just really feel embarrassed for these people, and not all older gays are into Madonna and act like this. I'm referring specifically to the ones who are. It's fine to still be interested in Madonna's music, but the behavior has got to stop.

Madonna is truly irrelevant when it comes to music. She's relevant when it comes to Vegas.

We took a poll in regards to the average age of DL. It was 50 and over. You then look at this thread and see the nonsense posters are spouting, and it's truly tragic.

by Anonymousreply 28708/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 28808/12/2013

R287 bullshit most of Madonna's fan base skews WAY younger than her by about 15-20 years

Madonna was pushing 30 and winning Nicklelodean Kids Choice Awards in the late 80s

The kids voting for her were like 20 years younger than her

My first memories of kindergarten from 86-87, I remember all the 3rd grade kids (8 year olds) in the schoolyard being obsessed with her and the True Blue album

Gaga also skews way younger, she's 26 (5 years younger than me and I'm a huge Madonna fan) but her core fanbase seems to be 14-22 years old.

by Anonymousreply 28908/12/2013

the songs is garabge! Who are you guys kidding? It's AWFUL, even in comparison with her other songs.

by Anonymousreply 29008/12/2013

I adore Gaga but "queen of pop music" is a very ephemeral title. She held it during her Bad Romance/Telephone days, and held it again while Born This Way was #1 for however many weeks... worldwide. That is seriously impressive.

But she pretty much fell off the map last year.

We'll see what happens here. I do think Gaga is one of the more talented and visionary pop stars of the past decade. Visionary means some hits and misses, but she has shown the ability to really nail a pop-culture moment, in the past.

As for Madonna, sorry but that last album was the working definition of "phoned-in." If she wants any pop music respect again it will have to be earned.

by Anonymousreply 29108/12/2013

R290, one does not get a QueeN King of ___ title with a miniscule discography like she does. To earn it, you have to have years and years of your work influencing others, critical acclaim and top shelf sales ALWAYS. Gaga ain't even close.

by Anonymousreply 29208/12/2013

BURQUA (AURA) is fucking hot too

by Anonymousreply 29308/12/2013

Burqa is a great, interesting song. I don't care about Gaga v Madonna, or whatever. I just like her. She pushes the envelope and gets the joke.

by Anonymousreply 29408/12/2013

That, r293, is a musical abortion.

by Anonymousreply 29508/14/2013

R81 NO GIRL, WE DON'T.

by Anonymousreply 29608/15/2013

This woman wrote ONE good pop song: Poker Face. Everything else has been shit

by Anonymousreply 29708/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 29808/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 29908/17/2013

No they don't r299. You're a retard.

by Anonymousreply 30008/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 30108/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 30208/18/2013

Applesauce is down to #7 on US iTunes. Katy Perry's ROAR is still at #1. Where did it all go so wrong for Gags?

by Anonymousreply 30308/18/2013

I have no idea, R303. I think it's her disgusting fans, of which I say I'm ashamed to form part of (as a fan not a disgusting annoying one). But it's outrageous how a song like Roar is beating Applause. People have no taste, which is saying something since we're only referring o pop music which already has low standards.

by Anonymousreply 30408/18/2013

Roar is a feel-good song that pumps up the listener. Applause pumps up Gaga's ego ("I live for the applause").

by Anonymousreply 30508/18/2013

Oh come on, since when has anyone cared that much for pop songs? Applause is fun and easy to dance to. And you have horrible taste if Roar pumps you up. Go and play with your dolls, fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 30608/18/2013

Applause is like the opposite of fun. It's a celebration of Gaga and that's all. I suppose that's fun for the Little Monsters, but still...

by Anonymousreply 30708/18/2013

They're both crap. Gaga's problem always has been and always will be the pretension of herself and her fans, who sincerely believe that she is creating something different or better than Katy Perry or Rihanna, who at least don't think they're making "art." They're product putting out product, and not in some self-conscious, wink wink, I'm-in-on-the-joke-way.

by Anonymousreply 30808/18/2013

If you sing along, it's not about Gaga but about yourself. It's just fun and catchy... When it was easy to relate to with born this way people hated her, now she sings about her fame just like her debut album which everyone seemed to love and she's still hated. And applause is actually an ode to her audience as she's saying she lives for their applause and wouldn't be anything without them. But I suppose to most, Roar is better lol, what a joke.

by Anonymousreply 30908/18/2013

Oh lord I was just on the beginning of the 3rd page of this thread before realizing that there are 307 replies... this is tiresome between teh Gaga stans and the Gaga haters. Yall are pathetic and really need to get a life. Unless she is paying you from that 100 million she made, why do you stupid vapid cunts waste SO MUCH time going back and forth on this? Rea-fucking-lly?

by Anonymousreply 31008/18/2013

Don't worry, R303. The song doesn't officially impact radio until tomorrow. Gaga will also be performing on GMA tomorrow and her video will be premiering there as well, which will likely boost the single back up to #1 on iTunes. She's also set to open the VMAs in the coming days.

by Anonymousreply 31108/18/2013

Applause debuts at no. 5 in the UK. Apparently, it's not that much if a flop.

In other news, Perez Hilton was caught trying to stalk her in her apartment building and security escorted him out.

by Anonymousreply 31208/18/2013

I would have thought it would debut at #1 since she's so huge overseas that her U.S. #s supposedly don't matter.

by Anonymousreply 31308/18/2013

She's never been that big in the UK. Born This Way, one if her biggest singles, debuted at number 3 there and then started to fall.

by Anonymousreply 31408/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 31508/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.