Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Weiner drops to 4th in new Quinnipiac NYC Mayor poll

July 29, 2013

[quote]Weiner Should Drop Out, NYC Likely Dem Voters Tell Quinnipiac University Poll; Quinn Leads, With De Blasio, Thompson Tied For Second

Quinn - 27%

De Blasio - 21%

Thompson - 20%

Weiner - 16%

Congressman Anthony Weiner drops to fourth place among likely Democratic primary voters in the race for New York City mayor as these likely voters say 53 - 40 percent he should drop out, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

There is almost no gender gap, but a wide racial gap on this question: Women say 54 - 42 percent that Weiner should drop out, compared to men at 52 - 37 percent. But black voters say 53 - 42 percent that Weiner should stay in the race, while white voters say 64 - 25 percent he should get out.

Weiner gets 16 percent of likely Democratic primary voters today, compared to his first- place position with 26 percent in a July 24 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe- ack) University.

City Council Speaker Christine Quinn leads the Democratic pack with 27 percent, with 21 percent for Public Advocate Bill de Blasio, 20 percent for former Comptroller William Thompson, 6 percent for Comptroller John Liu and 2 percent for former Council member Sal Albanese, the poll finds. Seven percent of likely Democratic primary voters remain undecided.

If Weiner drops out, Quinn gets 30 percent, with 25 percent each for Thompson and de Blasio and 9 percent for Liu.

"With six weeks to go, anything can happen, but it looks like former Congressman Anthony Weiner may have sexted himself right out of the race for New York City mayor," said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

"And with Wiener in free-fall, it begins to look like a three-way race again."

A July 24 Quinnipiac University poll showed Quinn at 30 percent if Weiner drops out, with 26 percent for Thompson and 21 percent for de Blasio.

In today's survey, Weiner gets 24 percent of black Democratic likely primary voters, down from 31 percent last week. Thompson gets 22 percent, with 21 percent for Quinn and 16 percent for de Blasio. Weiner's support among white voters drops from 23 percent last week to 7 percent today.

Having a "strong personal moral character" doesn't describe Weiner at all, 38 percent of New York City likely Democratic primary voters say, compared to 26 percent who said "not at all" last week. A total of 14 percent say having moral character characterizes Weiner a great deal or a good amount, compared to 17 percent last week.

Weiner's behavior is a legitimate issue in the mayoral campaign, voters say 65 - 34 percent.

This behavior disqualifies him from consideration as a candidate, 40 percent of voters say, compared to 23 percent last week. Another 40 percent say this behavior is a factor, but doesn't disqualify him and 20 percent say it is not a factor at all.

Thompson leads Quinn 50 - 40 percent in a Democratic primary runoff. He leads 53 - 41 percent among men, 49 - 40 percent among women, 49 - 40 percent among white voters and 58 - 33 percent among black voters.

Based on results of last week's poll, de Blasio was not included in a runoff question.

"Don't bet your paycheck. This is a really goofy election year," Carroll said.

"Lots of potential voters have been staying home in primaries and this poll evaluates those who are likely to turn up September 10. This is our second survey of these likely Democratic primary voters, a more nuanced look than earlier surveys of all registered voters."

From July 24 - 28, Quinnipiac University surveyed 446 likely Democratic primary voters with a margin of error of +/- 4.6 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 6307/31/2013

de Blasio surging! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 107/29/2013

OP, the correct headline is:

Weiner Goes Limp!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 207/29/2013

Weiner unites New Yorkers, everyone is against him!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 307/29/2013

I am embarrassed to admit it...I am fascinated with him. I'm enjoying his downfall, but at the same time I'm starting find him sexy.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 407/29/2013

I warn you, you people do not want me with a bunch of spare time and a rejected dick on my hands.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 507/29/2013

Just tweet him, r4, he'll send you a picture of his cock.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 607/29/2013

I like all the responses in this thread but I just had to WW r2, r3 and r5. Get him boys!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 707/29/2013

Di Blasio is a viable Dem candidate--please consider him--and also, Castamaditis (sp?) for the Repubs. Read up on their stances on the issues--and think for yourselves! We can elect somebody good--NOT Weiner or Quinn!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 807/29/2013

Now if we could only get rid of Liu's 9%. (He is surrounded by too many crooks.) And give that 9% to DiBlasio, who is trying hard to up his ante. Goodbye to the Weiner. It's now just a matter of time until he's history and trying to get a job at MacDonald's.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 907/29/2013

Quinn hasn't surged as much as she probably expected from Wiener's scandal.

Once people start to get past the novelty of Quinn and dig even a little bit deeper they'll see that she's nothing but a chiseler!

(there's just something about her that makes me talk like she's running against LaGuardia).

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1007/29/2013

Stick a fork in that shameless lunatic.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1107/29/2013

Weiner needs to drop out and encourage his supporters to vote for De Blasio. Liu is going to hang on as long as possible, then he will probably throw his support behind Quinn, since he's a back street player just like her. Well, even worse than her. Even if that were to happen, Weiner's 16% would put De Blasio in a tie with Quinn. Hot damn!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1207/29/2013

We all need to get behind Quinn. It would be wonderful for gays everywhere to have a lesbian mayor of the most important city in the world.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1307/29/2013

Anthony Weiner has always been a supporter of gay rights, why are you abandoning him now?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1407/29/2013

[quote]why are you abandoning him now?

Um, maybe because he's delusional, disgraced, shameless, a liar, and utterly lacking in self-control?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1507/29/2013

What's the novelty of Quinn? Her being a dyke? The masses don't give a shit about that. They're not going to look behind that when they weren't looking at that to begin with.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1607/29/2013

"why are you abandoning him now?"

Only on DL is sending pics of your junk a legitimate canvassing device

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1707/29/2013

Well, I'm getting bitch slapped all over the place. I'm not voting for Christine Quinn just because she is "gay". You do realize that all "gay" people in New York are not rich and fabulous? I need affordable housing. If 3/4 of my salary is going towards housing it makes eating, having electricity and riding the subway pretty much luxuries. The people she is REALLY interested in representing do not worry about such things. As for abandoning Anthony Weiner, he has done this to himself. No pun intended. TWICE. He got a second chance. And he blew it on a marginally attractive, wannabe fame whore who played him like a fiddle. She knew that engaging in mutual sexting with this idiot, and going public, was her ticket to fame. Never mind the school marmy scolding. I'm not about that. He just has an appalling lack of common sense and self preservation.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1807/29/2013

Quinn is a cunt. She doesn't deserve to be mayor just because she eats pussy.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 1907/29/2013

I can't wait until he disappears entirely from public life. I am sick and tired of seeing his hideously fugly face on the news.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2007/29/2013

It's predictable.

[italic]Suggestion:[/italic] Take a guess as to the date Anthony Weiner announces he is officially dropping out of the race.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2107/29/2013

We need to stand behind our gay brothers and sisters. It's the only way we'll ever get true equality. Don't you want a gay person as mayor of NYC? The only way we get true equality is by attaining positions of power.

Everyone of you in NYC had better vote for Quinn. You owe it to the rest of us.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2207/29/2013

When is the election for dog catcher?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2307/29/2013

[quote]Everyone of you in NYC had better vote for Quinn. You owe it to the rest of us.

Quinn is a pathetic shill for the ultra rich. She does not care about real New Yorkers, and she should not get elected due to identity politics when her other politics are so deplorable. Identity politics are often a smoke screen; look behind the curtain.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2407/29/2013

Weiner thinks that he's above it all, and can get away with being a pervert. If he wasn't so arrogant and stickup on himself, he wouldn't be so disliked.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2507/29/2013

[quote]We all need to get behind Quinn. It would be wonderful for gays everywhere to have a lesbian mayor of the most important city in the world.

Policies from Christine Quinn would be of no concern to you?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2607/29/2013

Tonight, Joy Behar is kissing Christine Quinn's ass on Current TV.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2707/29/2013

I love him. I have forgiven him. And I want to be first lady of Nwe York City.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2807/29/2013

R28. Huma, you can just forget it all. And go back to work for Hillary, if she's still speaking to you and dickwad.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 2907/29/2013

According to CNN, the Clintons are furious with Weiner.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3007/29/2013

The ugliest thing to me is hiding behind the wife and then throwing her to the wolves. I know she's a grown ass woman and chose to go out and campaign with him, but I can't help but think that he still lied to her about the nature of the sexting between him and the latest Bimbo Eruption looking for her five minutes. She said they were making plans to hook up in Chicago. He was planning on making his frat boy fantasy realz. He can't possibly love his wife. She was part of a well laid out plan to foster his political ambitions. That is so fucking sad.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3107/29/2013

Where was the outrage when Guiliani was having an affair while mayor of New York?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3207/29/2013

R31, perhaps that is why the Clintons are angry with Weiner. They feel he was using Huma Abedin.

I think Dee Dee Meyers also ripped Weiner a new one today. She used to be press secretary to Hillary.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3307/29/2013

Weiner is a unique case, as he left graphic texts and photos. Because Guiliani, Clinton and (alas) Vitter did not, they were able to weather the various levels of outrage.

Monicas' blue dress doesn't get the same level of screeching as a photo of a politicians hard cock.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3407/29/2013

Well, of course Bloomberg could run again. He broke the term limit once, why not do a Weiner and do it a second time. I don't think Mr. Quinn would lie down and back him this time though.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3607/29/2013

I wish Giuliani had dick pics out there too!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3707/29/2013

I thought weeks ago that it would be DeBlasio and Quinn in a run off. Bill DeBlasio will pull it out very narrowly.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3807/29/2013

De Blasio is the one getting the bump in the polls. Not Quinn. That has to be making her nervous. Shell shocked supporters of the weinie waver are going over to De Blasio. That is good news.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 3907/29/2013

What are the bookmakers' odds that he drops out?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4007/29/2013

The kid will enjoy reading about this when he gets older.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4107/29/2013

Weiner is what my father would call a 'real Jew.'

Weiner has such balls to have everyone put up with this shit just so he can get what he wants--while pissing everybody off and driving everyone crazy in the process. And with seemingly no shame doing it.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4207/29/2013

I was going to vote for him, but then I saw his Twitter photographs and realized his penis is too small.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4307/29/2013

His ego is so unbelievably massive that I bet he won't drop out. But he will take a huge drubbing in the vote, coming in at third or fourth, and that will be the end of his political career forever. Good riddance.

Huma Abedin will probably eventually (quietly) divorce him and reinvent herself (she's eager for her own political career to continue, and will not want to be weighted down by him as she will forever be if she stays with him after these latest revelations), but whether she will be forever tainted by this is hard to say.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4407/29/2013

[quote]Monicas' blue dress doesn't get the same level of screeching as a photo of a politicians hard cock.

Perhaps you've forgotten that it led to an impeachment.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4507/29/2013

[quote]Perhaps you've forgotten that it led to an impeachment.

Perhaps you've forgotten he was acquitted of the House impeachment by the US Senate, and then finished his term of office with the highest end-of-office popularity ratings of any sitting US president since WWII.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4607/29/2013

I hope he goes down in flames! Stay in and get humiliated like his wife. That's the only way to deflate his planet-sized ego.

From what I read, I think the clintons are angry with Huma too. They don't like the comparisons.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4707/29/2013

Sounds like the media are trying to use this to hurt Hillary's chances in 2016. I don't know why they think it's Hillary's fault that Weiner messed around, but Piers Morgan is going to do a panel on it on CNN tomorrow night.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4807/30/2013

Weiner has a pretty, juicy cock that would leave you hypnotized in person. I love staring at it, but I have yet to masturbate to the image.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 4907/30/2013

I wish Huma would leave his ass. Would serve him right!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5007/30/2013

[quote]Weiner has a pretty, juicy cock that would leave you hypnotized in person. I love staring at it, but I have yet to masturbate to the image.

Yuck.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5107/30/2013

In a runoff, De Blasio or Thompson can win!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5207/30/2013

[quote]why are you abandoning him now?

Because, he's a pervert?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5307/30/2013

Weiner must have been a huge fan of There's Something About Mary.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5407/30/2013

Quinn reminds me of so many pugnacious nuns I had to face in catholic school. Smiling sweetly to the priest and the parents and treating us like dirt when no one else was around.

Stand up! NOW!

Tuck your shirt in, where's your homework? GET IT OUT NOW. I said get.your.homework.out.NOW! Sit down! Stand up again! I want you to sit down and stand up silently, in one movement. DO IT! Do it again! Do it until you get it right! Stand UP! Sit DOWN!

Look at this homework! It looks like the scrawlings of a lunatic! Sit down and rewrite your homework in neat penmanship with no scratch outs. Sit DOWN!

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5507/30/2013

I refuse to vote for Quinn. All the endless boundary stating will be a huge pain in the ass. Nutloaf kiosks on every corner. Not to mention that the entire city will shut down during August while she lezzes it up with her sapphic systers for MichFest. If you thought Bloomberg was bad, wait'll you get a load of the cunt that said she wouldn't overturn term limits.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5607/30/2013

Thompson can't win. Whites won't vote for him because of the disaster that was David Dinkins. Another black democrat won't be mayor until at least 50 years after Dinkins left office.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5707/30/2013

Does Weiner have facial wasting? Sure looks like it to me.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5807/30/2013

The prez of NOW criticized Weiner for using his office to groom young women.

He's so ugly, the only way he could successfully troll for sex was as a politician.

It's why some guys wanna be rock stars. He got into politics for the pussy.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 5907/30/2013

Nothing more depressing than a dropping Weiner.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 6007/30/2013

I'll take Thompson over Delblasio any day. He and his "ex-gay" wife can go jump in the east river.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 6107/30/2013

R61, what is your deal? You push this relentlessly. de Blasio's wife is not an "ex-gay." She didn't go through so-called reparative therapy or conversion therapy. She was in relationships with women but ended up marrying and having a family with a man. She doesn't describe herself as an "ex-gay."

I'll repeat my question: Do you hate her because she's a black woman?

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 6207/31/2013

Weiner should just drop out of the race period.

by 2013 Poll Trollreply 6307/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.