Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

18 year-old shot ***NINE*** times for just holding a knife!

In Toronto

There was no one around him. NO ONE.

And when he refused to drop the knife he was holding, the cops aimed and fired NINE TIMES!

Then afterwards they tasered him, because they feared for his safety.

See Video below

by Anonymousreply 7208/20/2013

Nine shots you say? Could this Vanilla Ice lyric finally have come true?

"Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine, Shay with a gauge and Vanilla with a nine."

by Anonymousreply 207/29/2013

Sammy Yatim: Latest in a long line of Toronto police shooting deaths

by Anonymousreply 407/29/2013

Knives are illegal to carry in places like Britain.

by Anonymousreply 707/29/2013

WHAT is going on in Canada? What was this boy doing with the knife? Was he using it or just walking around holding it?

by Anonymousreply 907/29/2013

An eye witness on the streetcar said he also had his penis in his hand. I assume he meant "he had his dick out".

by Anonymousreply 1207/29/2013

The popo obviously botched this one and hopefully there will be a full inquiry and justice will be done. But I can't get too teary-eyed over some guy who pulls a knife on a crowded streetcar and starts yelling at people, even if he has mental health issues. I'm just way past tired of crazies running wild in the streets here in Toronto.

A few weeks ago there was an incident on the subway were a guy was being aggressive and threatening people with a knife. A man intervened to keep him away from someone more vulnerable (old lady or something, I forget) and got slashed in the neck for his trouble. Fortunately, he survived. But if the police had taken him out, I wouldn't have wasted any sympathy on him.

by Anonymousreply 1307/29/2013

Sammy Yatim Protest

by Anonymousreply 1507/29/2013

Did you not read my opening sentence, r14?

And why would you think there were high fives?

by Anonymousreply 1707/29/2013

That's a cheap shot R16.

by Anonymousreply 1807/29/2013

The Police Officer in question has been suspended. Just saw it on the Breaking News.

by Anonymousreply 2207/29/2013

Man who videotaped shooting recounts harrowing event

Toronto Star

by Anonymousreply 2307/29/2013

Holding on to a deadly weapon after the police tell you to drop it is a direct invitation to be shot. You'll get no outrage whatsoever over this from me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2507/29/2013

At first I read this as 18 year old being forced to watch the movie NINE!I think I'd rather be shot.

by Anonymousreply 2607/29/2013

Thats nothing compared to what goes on in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 2907/29/2013

Cop mind-controlled...kid de-popped.

by Anonymousreply 3007/29/2013

R30 is the cray cray "depop" troll from other threads.

by Anonymousreply 3107/29/2013

If he was black or unattracive, every other reply on this thread would be defending the cops.

by Anonymousreply 3307/30/2013

This could be Canada's Trayvon Martin case.

by Anonymousreply 3607/30/2013

To be fair, we should wait for get cops to give their side of the story. Perhaps they had intel on a terrorist attack and were amped up.

by Anonymousreply 3707/30/2013

[quote] If he was black... , every other reply on this thread would be defending the cops.

No the outrage would twice what it is right now.

by Anonymousreply 3907/30/2013

Someone send the video to Nancy Grace!

by Anonymousreply 4207/30/2013

They certainly don't need to shoot him that many times.

by Anonymousreply 4607/30/2013

I also wonder how much the young man's appearance had to do with this. He was dressed in the typical thug style of a lot of young men his age. That's just how a lot of kids dress these days but it puts people on edge, particularly cops.

I'm not saying he's to blame. But if you're unhinged, dressed like a thug, and start waving a knife around ....

by Anonymousreply 4707/30/2013

What kind of a last name is Yatim?

by Anonymousreply 4807/30/2013

I can answer my own question--he was Syrian.

Poor bastard.

by Anonymousreply 4907/30/2013

R32 - I'm not missing your point, you're missing mine.

I know police in the UK don't as a rule carry guns. My point was you claimed that without guns the UK police were successful at disarming people. I said I don't believe that - unless you are excluding people with guns from those they disarm. For the record I did as you suggest. Guess what, police in the UK radio for more officers with guns when faced with a criminal with a gun.

I can't believe you are still trying to stick to your bouncer comparison. Your logical flaw is in your attempt to compare a single incident with your perceived generalization. Some bouncers may be able to disarm some people in some circumstances who have knifes. That doesn't mean any bouncer or any police officer in any circumstance can disarm anyone holding a knife. It's foolish reasoning.

My point is and continues to be there is plenty of evidence to support your theory of police misconduct. Why go out on a limb with foolish comparisons and cheap shots about paid vacations? What on earth do you think either accomplishes?

by Anonymousreply 5007/30/2013

In Floriduh, deputies shot a black man who was sitting in his own car in his own yard. Someone might want to start a thread about this.

by Anonymousreply 5107/30/2013

I guess now I probably don't look so bad.

by Anonymousreply 5207/30/2013

R53 - Actually if you go back and read your posts you will see you made the point that you have seen bouncers disarm patrons with knifes. You didn't make that distinction when you talked about UK police. Which is why I said I didn't believe you unless you were not including disarming people who had guns.

I'm not the one being high and mighty. As a matter of fact you are the one admitting to judging the Toronto Police. That would be an example of being "high and mighty".

My point was and continues to be - why are you introducing foolish elements like bouncers you have seen disarm someone with a knife? Why take a cheap shot at what is clearly the right thing to do with regards to the officer being put on paid suspension?

You keep making your case with just the facts - why not stop there?

by Anonymousreply 5407/30/2013

This is how they treat Blacks 24 7

by Anonymousreply 5507/30/2013

Canada swung to the Right. Not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 5907/30/2013

R56 - No.

But hey thanks for the confirmation that I'm right.

by Anonymousreply 6007/30/2013

R58 - who said there isn't mass outrage - justified for that matter?

But not that you have explained what happened - I'm sure there is no need for an investigation.

by Anonymousreply 6207/30/2013

R39, it wasn't that long ago. Go ahead and search. The Boston Bomber threads were full of people creaming their jeans, while Trayvon/Zimmerman threads were massively trolled by racists.

by Anonymousreply 6307/31/2013

R56 is the sort of scum that makes this country the shit hole it is. I'll say it again -this is how blacks are treated 24 7 you don't like it you can go to hell with the rest of the fakers.

by Anonymousreply 6407/31/2013

How big was his dick?

by Anonymousreply 6508/01/2013

Was he white?

by Anonymousreply 6708/01/2013

good one less mother fucker using up our resources.

by Anonymousreply 6808/01/2013

good one less idiot collecting welfare.

by Anonymousreply 6908/01/2013

The cop has been charged with second degree murder.

by Anonymousreply 7108/20/2013

r61 I don't know if the kid was trying for suicide by cop, but the second half of your statement is indeed true. THAT is what has to be reconciled, vis a vis, the actions of that police officer. And now there's evidence of contamination/alteration of the crime scene? The hole just keeps gettin' wider and deeper.

by Anonymousreply 7208/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!