Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BOARDWALK EMPIRE preview

Just before tonight's [italic]True Blood[/italic], HBO ran a preview for the upcoming season of [italic]Boardwalk Empire[/italic], which will premiere in September.

I feel I couldn't give a fuck about the series?

Any other Dataloungers feeling the same?

Do you give a shit about the upcoming season and what happens with these characters from the past?

by Anonymousreply 18309/28/2013

Many people are captivated by "characters from the past" OP. What an absurd question.

Can't wait for Season 4 of Boardwalk Empire, nothing like it on television.

by Anonymousreply 107/29/2013

I love Boardwalk Empire and the production is stellar in capturing the period.

by Anonymousreply 207/29/2013

awesome additions to the cast at least judging from the trailer.

Jeffery Wright is fantastic.

Who is the guy at the very beginning? The "middleman" ? Is that is a new character? I have seen him somewhere but I don't think he was on last season.

Oh and Patricia Arquette is on this season.

by Anonymousreply 307/29/2013

that preview is killer. Love the music, love the new characters.

Love all the Harlem stuff.

The character at the top of the preview is a brand new character.

Music is Saint Motel and Peach Kings.

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

by Anonymousreply 407/29/2013

I watched the entire first season. Wasted thirteen hours. Didn't go back for more.

by Anonymousreply 507/29/2013

I won't watch anything that Marky Mark Walberg's involved with.

by Anonymousreply 607/29/2013

My friend's partner works at HBO. He told us Mark Walberg has next to nothing to do with the show. It is all Martin Scorcese and Terrence Winter.

Anyone remember "White Shadow" TV show from the 70's? on of the Van Patten's was a smoking hot teen and is now a director on the show.

According to friends partner, the execs are very excited about the first episode of season 4. They think it is the best so far and they are going to promote the hell out of it.

by Anonymousreply 707/29/2013

Jeffrey Wright is playing a character called Narcise. Can't wait to see him in this. He's a brilliant actor.

I gather that Margaret will be in NY for the season living with her brother and paying his rent.

by Anonymousreply 807/29/2013

This preview makes me want to watch this show.

I watched a few episodes season 1 and wasn't that into it.

Having seen that preview, I am going to watch the new season.

by Anonymousreply 907/29/2013

R9, that's the same video R1 posted.

by Anonymousreply 1007/29/2013

I wouldn't support anything that gives that violent, homophobic racist a dollar.

by Anonymousreply 1107/29/2013

understand your point r11, but if you boycotted every production that is produced by at least one homophobic creep you would be watching cave drawings for entertainment.

Larry Kramer watches Boardwalk Empire, I think its ok

by Anonymousreply 1207/29/2013

This show needs more nude shots of Charlie Cox. What a hunk.

by Anonymousreply 1307/29/2013

Lots of full frontal male nudity last season. Lucky Luciano fully jude yum

by Anonymousreply 1407/29/2013

R13, now he's just hunks. Didn't you watch last season?

by Anonymousreply 1507/29/2013

That trailer got me interested in Boardwalk Empire again.

I was a little bored with season 2 but I watched the first two episodes of season 3 last night on HBO GO and I am hooked. The period is becoming more fascinating to me and Buscemi is growing on me.

I guess viewers complain about Margaret but I like the character. Too bad about Owen. He has some full frontal scenes in Season 3 but I haven't seen them yet.

by Anonymousreply 1607/30/2013

[quote]Lots of full frontal male nudity last season. Lucky Luciano fully jude yum

And Bobby Cannavale! That was quite the unexpected bonus.

by Anonymousreply 1707/30/2013

on Boardwalk Empire it is the casting of the smaller characters that really makes it special. The are usually very interesting and very well played. The character of Van Alden's first wife is one, the character of Gaston Means etc.

The casting agent should get an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 1807/30/2013

Are you fucking joking, OP? This is one of the best shows on television and last season's finale, the bloodbath at the whore house, was simply riveting (especially Gretchen Mol). I can't wait for the new season. The production values on that show are so high calibre and the acting is frequently stellar. Looking forward to Patricia Arquette's character.

by Anonymousreply 1907/30/2013

Where could they possibly go with Gillian [Gretchen Mol's character] I saw her in the preview so she is on season 4.

I hear Gretchen Mol is very nice and down to earth. My friend went to an off-Broadway play she was doing last year and she was very nice to him after.

Any behind the scenes Boardwalk gossip? Does the cast get alone? I would imagine they do.

by Anonymousreply 2007/30/2013

r20, what I meant was: Where can they take her character from where she was last year? Seems like they were going to write her off and changed their minds.

Btw, also want to add I do miss Jimmy but the show seems to have more focus without him.

by Anonymousreply 2107/30/2013

Best show on television.

by Anonymousreply 2207/30/2013

mad men, breaking bad and boardwalk empire are the best shows on television. Interestingly they are all created/directed and produced by Soprano's alumni but only one [Boardwalk Empire] is on HBO

by Anonymousreply 2307/30/2013

R21, she seems fine on the season preview but it's fairly safe to presume she's a heroin addict after Gyp injected her with the stuff in the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 2407/30/2013

Damn, that is a HOT preview.

Harlem, sex, bootleg drama..

They need a gay character though.

Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 2507/30/2013

A gay character would be a great idea.

I loved the trailer, made me psyched to see the show coming back.

Off the record but does anyone know who puts television and film trailers together? Is it a marketing function or do directors and producers do it themselves.

Just curious, seems like being a DJ

by Anonymousreply 2607/31/2013

Trailer houses do the previews but I think marketing people and the creator/producers oversee.

There was a lesbian storyline with Jimmy's wife but they both got killed.

by Anonymousreply 2707/31/2013

Best show on tv

by Anonymousreply 2807/31/2013

Someone I know who works on it says it's going to be a very different show this season. Chalky becomes almost equal in prominence on the show as Nucky- he opens up a nightclub called The Onyx to replace Babette's. It will have all black waitstaff but then will change from having white performers to black ones. I gather that was a big development in 1924.

by Anonymousreply 2907/31/2013

interesting r29. I am really looking forward to he Harlem story.

Better acting in that 1 and half minute trailer than on most of TV.

HBO really doesn't skimp on this show from the costumes to the guest actors, it rocks

by Anonymousreply 3007/31/2013

r29 do you have any more Boardwalk Empire dish for the new season? TIA

by Anonymousreply 3108/01/2013

never any leaks from that set. It is tight as a drum.

by Anonymousreply 3208/01/2013

[quote] This show needs more nude shots of Charlie Cox. What a hunk.

They would have to be in flashback.

by Anonymousreply 3308/01/2013

Is Stephen Root's character finished? Loved him.

by Anonymousreply 3408/01/2013

Great production, direction and cast. But after they killed James Darmody the show was dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 3508/01/2013

I think Richard Harrow is kind of taking over the soul part of the show that Jimmy occupied except Harrow is a much darker more mysterious character.

I liked Darmody. I liked Michael Pitt in the part. From what I have read here, I guess Pitt was giving the production too much trouble and they chose to let the character go.

Too bad but the show is still great without him.

by Anonymousreply 3608/01/2013

This is a show that gets better with every season - I agree the first season was difficult. It felt more like homework than entertainment. But worth the investment.

My initial problem was casting Steve Buschemi in the lead - he reads character actor all the way, but once you get over that hurdle you're in.

Also, you need to pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 3708/01/2013

r37 echo your thoughts completely. You really do have to pay attention but it is worth the effort.

by Anonymousreply 3808/01/2013

[quote] My initial problem was casting Steve Buschemi in the lead - he reads character actor all the way, but once you get over that hurdle you're in.

I agree completely with this. I really wish they had done like they did with The Sopranos with Tony...found a sort of unknown like Gandolfini...Buscemi is great in character roles but he is just too physically repulsive to be a ladies' man and a charismatic leader.

by Anonymousreply 3908/01/2013

I thought the same about Buscemi but now I am accustomed to him and it wouldn't be the same without him. I don't think the real life Nucky was a looker

by Anonymousreply 4008/01/2013

Gretchen Mol as Jillian is the most interesting female character on the show. I have a hard time believing she had a torrid af affair with Harvey Weinstien. Just DL gossip I think

by Anonymousreply 4108/01/2013

So anyone know the real reasons they got rid of Michael Pitt? People say drugs and he was disruptive but others talk about what a great guy he is. I think he and Michael Shannon are good friends. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 4208/02/2013

I was really angry with Boardwalk Empire about Charlie Cox. I loved him. Hot little fellow for sure. But now, I am looking forward to the next season. I like the show and I like that era.

by Anonymousreply 4308/02/2013

as long as sexy lucky luciano remains allergic to clothes, I can forgive them getting rid of Charlie Cox.

by Anonymousreply 4408/02/2013

Will we get to see Harrow more tho season?

by Anonymousreply 4508/02/2013

That old Western Electric sign is such an awesome fucking detail. EVERYBODY in the Cicero/southwest Chicago area worked there at some point in their lives during that era.

by Anonymousreply 4608/02/2013

Pitt was a major disruption on production, according to my friend. This was not evident in Season 1, just Season 2. He wouldn't know his lines, he wouldn't take direction and he ended up costing production money. On the last day he filmed, which was Jimmy's murder, they actually added a shot at the last minute where Jimmy's body was dragged in the mud by a car in the pounding rain. And they didn't use a photo double for Pitt. That was Terence Winter's final "Fuck you, we're done with you." The shot was never intended to air.

by Anonymousreply 4708/02/2013

I only started watching BE this season. In what way and for what reason was Charlie Cox offed?

by Anonymousreply 4808/02/2013

I like that used Buscemi. It's much more interesting having him than a pretty-boy. It's a throwback to the older Hollywood where the most interesting leading men weren't always the prettiest.

by Anonymousreply 4908/02/2013

R48 it was just terrible. Terrible. Nucky's wife was pregnant with Charlie's baby, too. They were going to run off. But then Nucky and Charlie were going to kill these mobsters, so Charlie went with some other guy to do the deed, except things went awry, and the next morning, a huge crate was delivered to Nucky's apartment, and Charlie was in it ...in pieces. I was really pissed. I think I threw something at the TV. It was disgusting. Vile, really.

by Anonymousreply 5008/02/2013

Thanks r50. Maybe I can find the episode on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 5108/03/2013

r47 questions for your "friend" if you don't mind.

Has you friend seen the first episode? My BF's friend works for HBO and he told us the execs were like whooping and hollering about how great the first episode of season 4 is. True?

Also what are Michael Shannon and Gretchen Mol like to work with>?

I just want to say that casting Steve Buscemi as Nucky was not something I understood at first but I do now. I think part of the idea is that he is a kind of two bit guy who rises to the top on cunning, not on charm and charisma. I think the real life Nucky was that type of guy if I am not mistaken.

To put a very attractive or very sexually charismatic actor in that part would have distorted the story.

by Anonymousreply 5208/03/2013

This is a very intense series with equally intensely layered characters. There is a lot of violence with disturbs me but I still think this series captures the horrific behavior of those people in that period.

by Anonymousreply 5308/03/2013

GREAT trailer. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 5408/03/2013

I haven't watched even one episode yet. Is it conceivable to start with Season 4 and watch the first three seasons some other time? Or would I have a hrd time understanding things?

by Anonymousreply 5508/03/2013

r55, I think you at least have to know who the characters are and some of the background. If you get HBO, you can watch Season 3 on HBO GO or on demand.

The other seasons might be up as well. Or you could just read the recaps of the first three seasons.

Does anyone know if Charlie Cox left because he wanted to or did the writers just decide it was time for him to go?

by Anonymousreply 5608/03/2013

r46 where is the Western Electric sign? Which episode.

by Anonymousreply 5708/03/2013

Well, first, I have to say that when it first came on, I felt the same way as R52 about Steve Buscemi. I was never a Michael Pitt fan either. So a barely sat thru the first episode and walked away from it.

Then I got bored. By that time there were two seasons in the can. I decided to watch it. I watched the entire Seasons 1 & 2 back to back and couldn't wait for season 3 to start.

You need to watch it from the beginning. That's my opinion, but it's important. You really need to see the way certain characters evolve. Building the relationships gives context to everything that happens in season 3 & likely 4.

My personal opinion, with Charlie Cox, is that his leaving was inevitable. At some point he had to realize that himself, based on who his character was, and based on what he did in terms of the story arc.

From the moment we meet him we know he is a killer. He's lethal. IRA executioner. And you fall in love with his Irish charm. My gods, he sounded like Colin Farrell and he was irresistible. Quite the ladies' man. A cocky lad, could talk holes in your head. You're supposed to feel his loss as keenly as Nucky's wife does.

It's the same with Bobby Canavale's character. You knew that eventually this would happen but getting there was quite a ride. I think the series does a really excellent job of building suspense and catching you in unexpected ways.

by Anonymousreply 5808/03/2013

love Boardwalk Empire. While it is violent it is an accurate depiction of the era. Most people don't want to accept America's violent past but it is a part of our history.

by Anonymousreply 5908/03/2013

[quote]where is the Western Electric sign? Which episode.

It's at the 25 second mark on the linked trailer.

by Anonymousreply 6008/03/2013

R52, yes, everyone is very happy with Episode #401, directed by Tim Van Patten. The season itself is going extremely well although my friend says everybody on the crew is beyond exhausted. It wraps in 5 weeks.

He says Michael Shannon and Gretchen Mol are fine to work with, both are quiet and focused. The only bad apples in the Boardwalk cast were Pitt and Paz de la Huerta and they're long gone. And it's unlikely Paz will return. She's apparently insane. But then again it's pretty much public record that she is.

by Anonymousreply 6108/03/2013

Thanks r61. Any more dish?

How involved is Scorcesse in the production of Boardwalk Empire?

by Anonymousreply 6208/03/2013

He never visits the set, R62. He supposedly spends a bit of time in the editing suite but that's it. He makes no executive decisions at all, the show is totally run by Winters and Van Patten. Wahlberg is a producer in name only, too.

by Anonymousreply 6308/03/2013

r63 is that the same Tim Van Patten that as a teen ager launched a thousand gays with his frequent shirtless hotness in the 70's series "White Shadow"

What is he like now, do you know him?

Back to topic, I would be curious how much freedom Terrence Winter and Tim Van Patten have with Boardwalk Empire or does HBO butt in and dictate story or editing etc?>

Do you know? Also what are these guys like as people?

by Anonymousreply 6408/04/2013

I am not r63, but REALLY r64 I don't have to be to use the internet and find out it is the same Tim Van Patten.

Having said that I would like to know from r63 the answer to the second question you posed about how much control the creators have vs HBO.

Loved loved loved the preview trailer, did Winter and Van Patten put it together?

HOW do they manage to have no plot spoiler leaks on a set that large??

TIA

by Anonymousreply 6508/04/2013

not for nothing but the lead singer of Saint Motel [song at top of linked trailer] is hot as fuck.

in that indie kind of glasses wearing kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 6608/04/2013

great trailer can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 6708/04/2013

[quote] I like that used Buscemi. It's much more interesting having him than a pretty-boy. It's a throwback to the older Hollywood where the most interesting leading men weren't always the prettiest.

Those of us who aren't thrilled with Buscemi in this role weren't asking for a pretty boy, but at least a Gandolfini type, who isn't classically handsome or pretty but has a charm and charisma, and doesn't look like Lon Chaney in the Phantom of the Opera.

by Anonymousreply 6808/05/2013

but isn't that part of the story r68? If Nucky is charismatic in the sense you are talking about he is much it becomes a different story. Nucky was an average two bit guy who rose on cunning not on being a people magnet.

I think Buscemi is a strong enough presence to hold the thing together without making Boardwalk Empire a one man personality driven thing.

by Anonymousreply 6908/05/2013

[quote] I think Buscemi is a strong enough presence to hold the thing together without making Boardwalk Empire a one man personality driven thing.

I think Buscemi is posting here, folks.

by Anonymousreply 7008/05/2013

r63 can confirm this but I hear Buscemi is also very easy to work with, no drama. That must go a long way on a series like Boardwalk Empire.

by Anonymousreply 7108/05/2013

Anyone know when Boardwalk Empire starts in Canada and the UK?

by Anonymousreply 7208/05/2013

Same as the States r72

by Anonymousreply 7308/05/2013

A few questions for the Boardwalk Empire insider if he/she is still around.

Is it true Buscemi was the only actor ever considered for Nucky? I heard an interview in which the creator said he was. I like Buscemi, but I am curious if they considered anyone else?

Also, what specific things did Paz and Pitt do that caused them to be written out? Do you have any specific stories?

And lastly, Do you know the name of the actor in the opening segment of the trailer. The one who says "I am a middleman" I know I have seen him somewhere.

Thanks I A

by Anonymousreply 7408/06/2013

r74, I am not in a position to answer your first two questions but I can tell you the actor in the first part of the Boardwalk Empire trailer is James Riordan.

by Anonymousreply 7508/06/2013

r55, happened to read this article in Slate today, addresses your question of how to jump into watching the series

by Anonymousreply 7608/06/2013

R61 is episode 401 available for viewing? I assume you mean the first episode of season 4?

How did you see it already?

by Anonymousreply 7708/06/2013

r77, could you be more stupid? R61 knows someone involved in the production who has seen the first episode, not that it is available anywhere for the public to view.

What about the guy who plays Lucky Luciano? Hot as fuck?

by Anonymousreply 7808/07/2013

I met Glenn Fleshler who plays George Remus on "Boardwalk Empire" at a wedding this past May. He was nice enough, but seemed rather full of himself. Didn't really make any eye contact and we were in a small, intimate group of four people talking for over fifteen minutes. His wife was lovely and seemed to really enjoy being the wife of an actor.

Also, R78, is "could you be more stupid?" directed at R77 really necessary? You sound like a complete asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7908/07/2013

Who is George Remus?

by Anonymousreply 8008/07/2013

He's the character on BE who refers to himself in the third person (as George Remus, of course). He's also based on a real-life person.

by Anonymousreply 8108/07/2013

Who does this actor think he is not to look other people in the eye? Because he has a tiny role on BE?

by Anonymousreply 8208/07/2013

The thing to remember is that this is a sort of behind the scenes look at one slice of the developing organized crime operations that b became so famous. There have been a lot of TV and film versions of various events, but nothing from the perspective of one powerful mobster based in Atlantic City New Jersey. I remember the Elliot Ness/Untouchables, the various Capone movies, the movie Hoodlum, about Bumpy Johnson's rise in Harlem, The Cotton Club, which was excellent, Mobsters, etc.

When I first saw Episode 1 Season 1, I couldn't get into it. Wasn't a Steve Buscemi fan & didn't care for Michael Pitt. Later, I watched seasons 1&2 and became addicted. It's historically accurate and fascinating. Very well done. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 8308/07/2013

Loved the trailer. Excellent use ofusic but I wonder if it would be more effective to use period music? The use it so effectively in the series.

Still it is a fantastic trailer that really makes me want to watch the new season .

by Anonymousreply 8408/07/2013

Well r82 perhaps he is shy or socially ill at ease. Why do you project his behavior is in any way connected to being on boardwalk empire?

by Anonymousreply 8508/07/2013

Scorcese has a thing abut music. His music choices are always pretty amazing.

by Anonymousreply 8608/07/2013

I think the contemporary music is a clever marketing thing.

They are releasing an album of Boardwalk Empire era music around the time of the premiere. It has lots of famous people singing music from the period. Liza and Patti Smith are among them.

Boardwalk Empire is a very haunting show and it is SO well done.

The trailer looks very promising. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 8708/07/2013

a bit of a nod (or rip off) from Cotton Club.

by Anonymousreply 8808/07/2013

with all due respect I think the Boardwalk Empire trailer does the "concept" much better than the Cotton Club clip.

But Hine's dancing is in a league of its own.

by Anonymousreply 8908/08/2013

Big difference between a trailer and a whole scene from a movie.

by Anonymousreply 9008/08/2013

Huge difference between attention spans in 1984 and 2013 as well r90.

But I would agree with r89 from an editing standpoint in terms of building tension and creating interest, the Boardwalk Empire trailer is a far better execution.

Cotton Club had the makings of a great film, I don't think it is very well edited and the casting of the leads [Gere] wasn't strong enough.

by Anonymousreply 9108/08/2013

Love it that they are exploring Harlem and giving more time to people of color. It looks as though they are showing more of the country as well with the "Western Electric" sign in the trailer.

I love this show and I can't believe how excited I am it is coming back on.

I think they got a bit misdirected with Margaret and the hospital stuff, it seemed kind of Lifetimey to me but looks like they are back on track with gangsters big and small and 1920s America.

The preview linked is SICK

by Anonymousreply 9208/08/2013

[quote]It's historically accurate and fascinating.

This is why I watch, too. That, and Kelly MacDonald and Jack Huston are spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 9308/08/2013

Curious about who "Middleman" at the top is talking to? Nucky? Chalky? The new Jefferey Wright character?

Looks like with Patricia Arquette they might have a new interesting female character.

by Anonymousreply 9408/08/2013

Liza Minnelli, Patti Smith and Elvis Costello among others are lending their voices to cover music for Boardwalk Empire Season 4

by Anonymousreply 9508/08/2013

Boardwalk Empire is HBO's biggest status symbol: The pedigree: Scorsese, the unmatched production values, the best actors in every part.

While AMC and Netflix have gained much on HBO & Showtime in terms of prestige television, Boardwalk Empire is a show that NO other network could produce.

Btw, here is a bit of interesting Boardwalk Empire Trivia: The costume designer created the original costume plot for Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 9608/08/2013

Liza? Rufus wainwright? Patti Smith?

Someone on Noardwalk Empire is GAY

by Anonymousreply 9708/08/2013

Honey, EVERYONE in the 20's was gay.

by Anonymousreply 9808/08/2013

r98 ROFLOL

"that's DOCTOR Naricsse to you whitey" Has to be the new DL catchphrase

Having said that Boardwalk Empire could be a LOT gayer than it is.

by Anonymousreply 9908/08/2013

who the fuck is Dr. Narcisse? Are you queens on Meth?

Get on topic.

by Anonymousreply 10008/08/2013

r100, watch the Season 4 preview and you will get it.

But it could get tiresome so lets not encourage it.

Looking forward to Wright on the show

by Anonymousreply 10108/08/2013

I guess we have lost the BE insider on this thread but I would like to know who is gay in the cast or bi?

by Anonymousreply 10208/09/2013

I believe the guy who plays Eddie Cantor is gay, Steven DeRosa. I

I wonder if Michael Stuhlbarg who plays Rothstein is gay.

by Anonymousreply 10308/09/2013

Is Jefferey Wright gay?

by Anonymousreply 10408/09/2013

I don't think Stuhlbarg is gay. I was the only one in the world who thought Buscemi was gay for the longest time but he isn't

by Anonymousreply 10508/09/2013

Stephen de Rosa is gay but none of the others are.

Jeffrey Wright is married to the gorgeous British actress Carmen Ejogo and they have two little girls. I see them a lot in Brooklyn Heights.

by Anonymousreply 10608/09/2013

There are no gay actors on Boardwalk Empire?

by Anonymousreply 10708/09/2013

Love the trailer, full of Harlem awesomeness. I cannot believe nobody has done a Harlem series. Such a fascinating time.

Also, in the mid 20's [I think season 4 starts in 1924] the prohibition crime network spread well into the mid west. Probably why you see the "Western Electric" sign in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 10808/10/2013

[quote] Probably why you see the "Western Electric" sign in the trailer.

Probably. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the former prohibition agent (whose name escapes me)and his Norwegian wife, and also Al Capone, live in Cicero where Western Electric had a huge factory.

by Anonymousreply 10908/10/2013

I have watched that trailer several times and I can't find Margaret. Did she die?

by Anonymousreply 11008/10/2013

R50, I didn't think he was in pieces. I just thought his body was all scrunched down in that box. I can still see the horrible look on his face. Quite upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 11108/10/2013

No, r110. She walked out on Nucky and took the kids with her in the last episode of Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 11208/10/2013

[quote]Larry Kramer watches Boardwalk Empire,

No wonder---I'm sure he identified with the Bobby Cannavalle character.

by Anonymousreply 11308/10/2013

Miss Ginny the Gin maker prohibition expert @r9

by Anonymousreply 11408/10/2013

I thought that guy's corpse looked really fake. Like a wax dummy. It was a really creepy twist, though.

by Anonymousreply 11508/10/2013

I wonder how far Boardwal Empire plans to go? Does it end with the end of Prohibition?

by Anonymousreply 11608/10/2013

R110, Margaret's story will be totally separate from Nucky's. She'll be living with her brother and sisters in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 11708/11/2013

How do you know that r117?

by Anonymousreply 11808/11/2013

Terrence Winter discusses Boardwalk Empire with a panel of other show creator/runners at the link

by Anonymousreply 11908/11/2013

I know Boardwalk Empire films in Staten Island [among other places] But where in SI? They should do a "BE Bus tour" ala Sex in the City"

by Anonymousreply 12008/11/2013

GAWD that trailer kills, literally I know but if you pay attention most trailers for tv shows are very boring and predictable. This one is genuinely exciting.

by Anonymousreply 12108/11/2013

My friend was an intern in the Boardwalk Empire production office and said that it is actually a very nice place to work.

He also said that last winter in blizzard conditions several well known actors made their way out to the remote studio in Brooklyn to AUDITION for the first episode including Linus Roache from Law & Ordar and Lee Tergesen from OZ and Terry Kinney from OZ and the guy who plays Jackie's husband on Nurse Jackie.

He said name actors who might not normally audition are willing to do whatever they have to do to get on Boardwalk Empire.

He also told me that the men's period suits are made by Scorcese's personal tailor.

by Anonymousreply 12208/11/2013

I don't think any of the people you named are announced for the show r123.

btw, Boardwalk Empire is very popular in the UK

by Anonymousreply 12308/11/2013

r75 since you seem to be in the "know" about the new actors on the show: Who is the blonde Nucky is talking to? New love interest?

This "Kings" trailer btw, is awesome it is like a little Scorcese movie

by Anonymousreply 12408/15/2013

At worst, every episode is a pretty fascinating time machine trip, and often it's more than that. It's not my favorite show, but I'm far from burnt out on it.

by Anonymousreply 12508/15/2013

it's a fascinating glimpse into the sick and corrupt world of straight people!

Seriously, I love the show and find it surprising more of the gays aren't into it

by Anonymousreply 12608/15/2013

so I read that Season 4 will feature all new sets in addition to several new characters.

I guess essentially that means one thing: No more Margaret wandering mournfully through her mansion.

Agree that the " Kings" trailer is like a mini Scorcesse movie, good way to put it. It feels self contained but makes me want to watch the show.

Other HBO trailers like the one for Newsroom where they are all self importantly wandering through the tundra make me ashamed to watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 12708/15/2013

Did Scorsese create the "Kings" trailer?

This definitely has an excitement and a tautness characteristic of his movies.

by Anonymousreply 12808/15/2013

R123, I think the actors mentioned in R122's post were up for the role that Ron Livingston is playing in Season 4. Linus Roache would be a fantastic addition to Boardwalk as a new love interest for Margaret.

Chalky and Valentin Narcise are going to both have an affair with a performer at Onyx who bears more than a passing resemblance to Josephine Baker.

by Anonymousreply 12908/15/2013

r129 when does the cast get shown the first episode of Season 4? Do they see it first at the premiere?

Speaking of which, when is the red carpet/premiere for Boardwalk Empire Season 4? and does Vince/Lucky need a date?

TIA

by Anonymousreply 13008/16/2013

somewhat OT, but I saw Steve Buscemi's ass in a gym locker room in the late 90's. He wasn't displaying, I am just a perv.

Remarkable ass I must say.

r129 where do you get your information? More please.

Are they going to release anymore clips before the 8th of September?

Love the trailer. With the harlem stuff and the midwest stuff this could breathe a whole new life into a show that was already great.

by Anonymousreply 13108/16/2013

Remarkable in a good way r131?

Seems like there are many new characters this season. I wonder how far in the future Boardwalk Empire is prepared to go? I guess they would like to close out prohibition.

As long as it is a ratings winner HBO will put up the cash.

by Anonymousreply 13208/16/2013

When is the Ted carpet premier at the Ziegfeld?

by Anonymousreply 13308/21/2013

The Ted carpet?

The RED carpet event is usually at the Zeigfeld in NYC but I don't know where they are having it this year.

Those red carpets without Paz are like Christmas without the presents.

Can't they bring her back just for the prem?

by Anonymousreply 13408/22/2013

What did Paz do? Show her cooch? I remember she showed some titty at some event where she was loaded.

I thought she was good on the show though and killer bod.

btw, as a dyke I can tell you even I would give Jack Houston a go.

by Anonymousreply 13508/22/2013

This is the ONLY preview that ever made me want to watch a show I wasn't already watching. Something about the progression, the music, the lack of explaining what was going on etc. made me very curious.

I watched Seasons 1 & 2 on HBO go because of this trailer and I am watching 3 this week. Can't wait for the 8th.

by Anonymousreply 13608/24/2013

our insider has vanished.

by Anonymousreply 13708/24/2013

I've loved Buscemi since Parting Glances. Best gay movie I had ever seen up to that point. Still remember it very fondly.

by Anonymousreply 13808/24/2013

so Bloomberg news is giving the season 4 premiere 5 stars [highest rating]

Have they already sent the first episode to the critics or is this guy talking out his ass?

by Anonymousreply 13908/26/2013

HBO does release the first five episodes to press but I don't think they do it this early.

by Anonymousreply 14008/27/2013

OMG r75, I watched that trailer on HBO and didn't recognize James Riordan until I read your post and looked at it again.

I know him, kinda.. my sister went to college with him. Very blue eyes is what I remember. Is he going to be on the whole season?

by Anonymousreply 14108/28/2013

r139, it is very possible the critic did see the first few episodes. Since the premiere is a week from Sunday.

I am sure HBO sends the episodes for reviewers well in advance to give them time to watch them.

by Anonymousreply 14208/28/2013

I am happy that Chalky is going to be a major player this season. I like the actor.

Wonder what is up with Richard Harrow this season. How do you top last year's killing spree?

by Anonymousreply 14308/28/2013

Harrow needs to have plenty to do this season to keep me interested.

by Anonymousreply 14408/28/2013

one of the VP's on my floor keeps repeating "only Kings understand each other" in the WORST Jefferey Wright impression imaginable. Imagine my hell.

Agree about Harrow getting more screen time r144.

I googled James Riordan and he is much more handsome on the internet movie database than he is in this trailer.

Slow day at work.

by Anonymousreply 14508/28/2013

r145, I asked my boss how a meeting with a potential client went yesterday and he actually said "only kings understand each other"

Unfortunately he didn't say it like he was making a joke or referencing a tv show.

by Anonymousreply 14608/28/2013

saw Jack Huston interviewed on Australian TV very charming and sexy guy

by Anonymousreply 14708/28/2013

Where is the ted carpet premiere this year? And when? Must be next week

by Anonymousreply 14808/28/2013

[quote]saw Jack Huston interviewed on Australian TV very charming and sexy guy

Jack was the featured model in YSL Spring '09 menswear video:

by Anonymousreply 14908/28/2013

Jack Huston is undeniably hot but that Yves Saint Laurent video is ridiculously pretentious. I guess they all are.

I love him on Boardwalk Empire though and hope his storyline is prominent this season.

by Anonymousreply 15008/29/2013

Liza and Patti Smith are singing on the soundtrack for Season 4 and it has just been released for streaming.

Liza sings " You've Got to See Mama Every Night"

Patti sings "I ain't got nobody"

What does the DL think? Pretty gay moment I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 15108/29/2013

Paz wants back in.

by Anonymousreply 15208/29/2013

the real revelation in that article r152 is that Paz has WRITTEN A BOOK and said book is entitled

" The Birds Don't Die In The Winter"

Can we cast the lifetime movie that will arise from this?

by Anonymousreply 15308/29/2013

WARNING: LINK INCLUDES POTENTIAL SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK ON IT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SEASON 4

For those Harrow fans: A report from HuffPost

"As For Richard Harrow And Van Alden...

The producers and publicity team were tight-lipped when we asked about the Richard Harrow and Van Alden developments in Season 4 -- so rest assured some big things are going to happen for them/to them/with them. We just don't know what, exactly. But if the powers-that-be are mum about two characters only, then something good must be coming.

by Anonymousreply 15408/29/2013

Yeah but when is the red carpet in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 15508/29/2013

I worked with Jack Huston on the production end of "Kill Your Darlings" he could not have been sweeter or more cooperative and he is an excellent actor. He was put in a very difficult situation that would send most "stars" into a tizzy around press and he handled it like a true gentleman.

r141, I used to work for a major casting director who said James Riordan was the best damn actor she had ever seen but unfortunately nobody had ever heard of him so he was hard to pitch.

Hope his appearance on Boardwalk helps.

by Anonymousreply 15608/29/2013

Liza is so Fab on the Boardwalk Empire Soundtrack for season 4 released this week.

"Dyyaddee Duyear, lishen here"

classic Liza and it actually works for the period. She said in an interview she wants to appear as a character on the show.

I guess she should get something for schtupping Scorcese all those years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15708/30/2013

Best lyric in the Liza track is

"Schhhhaturday Night I shhhat at home"

Liza would be great actually doing a part on BE, bring her on Marty!

by Anonymousreply 15808/30/2013

funny r158, but that is NOT the lyric and you know it.

Apart from Liza, the best recordings are from Kathy Brier and Stephen DeRosa.

I also like Leon Redbone's but it Brier and DeRosa really capture the sound of the era.

IMHO of course

by Anonymousreply 15908/30/2013

Ron Livingston is playing Gillian's love interest and he's not exactly what he seems.

by Anonymousreply 16008/30/2013

Red carpet on September 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 16108/30/2013

Boardwalk Empire is the gayest straight show on television. Liza, full frontal male nudity.

and those costumes.....

Needless to say I love it and can't get enough. My hope is Boardwalk Empire goes to the 1960's where Mad Men started.

by Anonymousreply 16208/31/2013

wonder what that big blue box on the desk is at the start of the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 16308/31/2013

Since the premiere red carpet is Tuesday it may be too late for this question but I am visiting NYC from London and wondered if it is possible to purchase tickets to this event?

I only want to go to see the first episode before anyone else :)

by Anonymousreply 16409/01/2013

funny r162, you do have a point.

by Anonymousreply 16509/01/2013

actually r158, you are incorrect.

Liza actually sings

"For Inshtance, Monday night I Shaatt alone"

and her performance of the song is better than Sophie Tuckers and that is pretty damn good.

by Anonymousreply 16609/01/2013

OK, just tonight I finished (after 2 weeks) watching all 3 seasons and all the supplementary material - INCREDIBLY FACSCINATING.

I am beyond addicted to the show; I want to re-watch it all.

by Anonymousreply 16709/02/2013

yeah r167, had almost the same experience. The interviews with the writers and the creator of the show inspired me to revisit episodes I have already seen and I pick up things that totally went over my head the @first viewing.

There is a link upthread to an early review that said the first few episodes are the best ever in the series. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 16809/02/2013

r168 here again, to clarify I was referring to the first few episodes of Season 4 starting next week.

by Anonymousreply 16909/02/2013

Will Liza appear ON the show or will she just be singing on a soundtrack?

by Anonymousreply 17009/02/2013

I think for now Liza will just be on the soundtrack but she has indicated in an interview that she would like to appear on the series.

by Anonymousreply 17109/02/2013

A new direction for Richard Harrow.

by Anonymousreply 17209/02/2013

r163, what "blue box" are you referring to? I know it is a small thing but I don't see a blue box and its driving me bonkers.

Red carpet tonight. Time Warner is streaming it through their facebook page. I don't know if you have to be a member to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 17309/03/2013

you just aren't looking carefully r173

The box is on the desk of the guy who says he is "the middleman" at the top of the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 17409/03/2013

r156, I read there is some man to man action in "Kill Your Darlings" is Huston's character involved in any of those scenes?

I know he isn't gay but assume gay friendly?

by Anonymousreply 17509/04/2013

r175, I am not r156 but I would be VERY surprised if Jack Huston were not gay friendly. First of all he is English, which raises the odds that he as dabbled in same sex activity about 4,000 percent.

Also, considering his family and his lineage, I bet it is pretty safe to assume he has known gay people all his life.

by Anonymousreply 17609/04/2013

r156, does Jack Huston's skin look as flawless in person as it always does in tabloid pix?

by Anonymousreply 17709/07/2013

There will be a custody battle over the poor Darmody kid.

by Anonymousreply 17809/07/2013

Does it start tonight?

by Anonymousreply 17909/08/2013

Yes, tonight is the premiere. Are we going to discuss it here or should we start a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 18009/08/2013

Do we have a thread?

by Anonymousreply 18109/08/2013

Episode thread

by Anonymousreply 18209/09/2013

Coming back for a 5th season.

by Anonymousreply 18309/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.