Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who is the most beautiful: Henry Cavill, Matt Bomer, Ian Somerhalder, Brad Pitt or Matt Damon?

And what about your choice is beautiful? I did not ask who is the most handsome but rather the most beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 12809/07/2013

For me, it's not just outside beauty, but inside beauty.

Henry Cavill -- certainly beautiful, but the bearding and lying make him ugly inside

Matt Bomer -- definitely beautiful on the outside, and based on his coming out, living his life honestly and providing a role model for younger gay men and gay actors, he's beautiful inside -- he got my vote

Ian Somerhalder -- don't know who he is

Brad Pitt -- I like his generally liberal politics, but I have to admit that I've never found him attractive, in fact, rather bland looking

Matt Damon -- same as Pitt

by Anonymousreply 107/28/2013

I have to give a slight edge to Henry. His beauty persists in every picture from every perspective. Not quite so with Matt. The other three are, sadly, used up here.

by Anonymousreply 207/28/2013

For me it's not just inside beauty, or outside beauty. It's not even top-down beauty or round-about-the-mid-section-and-up-the-alley beauty.

For me it's transeptual-diagonal beauty. And for me that means, after he goes to Confession and has a nice enema, Ian Somerhalder. Because, well, I don't know who he is. And that's beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 307/28/2013

[quote]Matt Bomer -- definitely beautiful on the outside, and based on his coming out, living his life honestly and providing a role model for younger gay men and gay actors, he's beautiful inside -- he got my vote

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 407/28/2013

Because the kids have Halls as their last name, does that mean that Matt Bomer is "the woman" in the relationship?

by Anonymousreply 507/28/2013

Asked and answered with respect to the two real contenders.

by Anonymousreply 607/28/2013

R5, Henry Cavill and Chandler Massey are the two real contenders?

by Anonymousreply 707/28/2013

In OP's poll, only Henry and Matt B. are contenders.

by Anonymousreply 807/28/2013

How about Cillian Murphy?

by Anonymousreply 907/28/2013

Cillian.

by Anonymousreply 1007/28/2013

Paul Newman. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1107/28/2013

Damn. Cillian looks better as a woman than he does as a man. (He's a total uggo as a man.)

by Anonymousreply 1207/28/2013

Why is Matt Damon on this list?? Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1307/28/2013

I agree with R11, R12 and R13.

by Anonymousreply 1407/28/2013

Damon and Pitt are no longer beautiful.

Wait, what am I saying, Damon was never beautiful! Even when he was young, he was sort of handsome at best. Handsome-ish.

by Anonymousreply 1507/29/2013

[quote]Wait, what am I saying, Damon was never beautiful! Even when he was young, he was sort of handsome at best. Handsome-ish.

No, he was never even remotely handsome. He was boyishly cute.

by Anonymousreply 1707/29/2013

This is an incredibly odd poll. Neither Damon or Pitt would be considered "beautiful" at this point in their careers, yet OP explicitly asks us to choose which of these actors is "beautiful."

I wonder if he has some sort of mental disorder.

by Anonymousreply 1807/29/2013

Bomer without question

by Anonymousreply 1907/29/2013

I chose Damon, largely because I'm 41 and have had a crush on him since School Ties. He's still beautiful to me.

Objectively speaking, however, Cavill is likely the most beautiful on the list. Bomer is conventionally "pretty," but he doesn't do anything for me.

by Anonymousreply 2007/29/2013

Is there any doubt that some Bomer freak is erasing cookies just to vote?

Henry Cavill has the personality of dry toast, but physically, he is without question the most beautiful on the list, and that beauty will keep him working for quite some time.

Superman has catapulted him into stardom and his popularity is now based on the fact that people who never knew he existed before cannot get enough of his face.

by Anonymousreply 2107/29/2013

Matt. Henry a close second. lol

by Anonymousreply 2207/29/2013

Matt B.? or Henry? Oh, for fuck's sake they're basically interchangeable!

by Anonymousreply 2307/29/2013

If you want an idea of who the masses think is more "beautiful," then google both names and see what happens. You have to get so far as "Matt B" before "Matt Bomer" comes up with google's autocomplete, where as with Cavill, only the "HE" will suffice.

Bomer is of course gorgeous, but there's something about Cavill that gives him the edge.

by Anonymousreply 2407/29/2013

None of the above.

Marco Dapper of Y&R is the hottest male on the planet these days.

by Anonymousreply 2507/29/2013

Carrot Top's name comes up in Google search after only four letters. He must be more beautiful than Matt Bomer, too!

by Anonymousreply 2607/29/2013

No love for Ian? Obectively, he was far better than the others, although is somewhat older now.

by Anonymousreply 2707/29/2013

I'm put off by the fact that an average looking Matt Damon's made the list, yet the gorgeous Joe Mangnaniello did NOT.

by Anonymousreply 2807/29/2013

Perhaps, R26, but Cavill is the fairest of them all at only two letters needed.

by Anonymousreply 2907/29/2013

[quote]If you want an idea of who the masses think is more "beautiful," then google both names and see what happens. You have to get so far as "Matt B" before "Matt Bomer" comes up with google's autocomplete, where as with Cavill, only the "HE" will suffice.

Er, that's Google's search results being informed by your own search history and internet browsing. If I put in "HE" I get "Hermes" as the first suggestion, and no sign of "Henry" anything.

by Anonymousreply 3007/29/2013

Ian and Henry are more beautiful for me because the come up on Google with only two letters. Matt Bomer is slightly hotter than Matt Damon because, although they both come up after typing four letters, Bomer is the first result above Damon. Brad has apparently lost some of his beauty as he's aged given that he comes up after typing three letters. He must be more beautiful than Bradley Cooper for whom I must type four letters.

by Anonymousreply 3107/29/2013

lol @ Hermes

by Anonymousreply 3207/29/2013

R30? I didn't say he was the first result. He's one of the suggestions and it isn't dependent on your personal search history because I also did it on my phone where I've never searched for him and still got his name as one of the suggestions.

A lot of people have been searching his name.

by Anonymousreply 3307/29/2013

Henry Cavill is bland and boring.

Matt Bomer is a major gayface and weird-looking.

Ian Somerhalder looks like a toyboy.

Brad Pitt is actually handsome but kinda short.

Younger Matt Damon is sexy badboy look.

My winner in this list is Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 3407/30/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3508/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3608/02/2013

As usual, it's a poll of all boring plain looking white guys.

by Anonymousreply 3708/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3808/03/2013

Cavill's hot even when he's shitfaced, so he wins:

by Anonymousreply 3908/03/2013

Cavill is objectively the most handsome. Not talking personality, orientation, behavior etc, just the physical appearance. His body is better than Bomer's as well.

Somerhalder has a weird face. Sometimes he is devastatingly hot, and other times he looks very odd, but more than anything his hair is almost always bad and ruins the rest for me.

Bomer is handsome indeed, but his eyes, though amazing can almost be too pretty and give him an odd look.

Pitt was gorgeous 15 years ago, but I am in the minority and prefer him with some age on his face.

Damon is not all that handsome, but out of all of them, he is the one I would probably prefer to hang out with and grab a beer with, etc. His recurring schtick on Kimmel cracks me up and he seems bright, laid back and funny.

by Anonymousreply 4008/03/2013

[quote]Cavill is objectively the most handsome.

No.

by Anonymousreply 4108/03/2013

r24, while I did get Cavill with just HE, I also got Bomer with just MAT.

by Anonymousreply 4208/03/2013

Someone did an overlay of Matt Bomer's face with the golden ratio, and it fit perfectly. So I'd argue that it's a stretch to say that Cavill is objectively the *most* handsome, especially given the similarity in their appearances. Not that either one is to my taste, but unless one is trolling, they're both objectively very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 4308/03/2013

I believe this is what R43 was referring to. Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 4408/03/2013

When judging by just how they look it's between Cavill and Bomer. In my eyes they are pretty close in the prettiness/handsomeness factor. Unfortunately I get very little personality out of either of them, but I can't say that I've looked that deep into their lives or into their work. On the plus side they both have eyes that smile.

Out of these five Matt Damon has my heart. He's very pretty with right hair, e.g. the wavy one he had in 30 Rock. He seems funny, has a twisted side to him and is someone I'd marry. Or just fuck.

Somerhalder is not my cup of tea really. He was hot in that movie with James Van Der Beek, but he's annoying as hell in the Vampire Diaries, although I stopped watching it couple of years ago. He doesn't seem to age.

Brad Pitt was hot younger, around The Interview With a Vampire and Thelma and Louise. I usually hate his acting and feel that he doesn't deserve to be one of the most powerful actors in Hollywood, because his acting is usually pretty bad, and so he annoys me. Partly because of that I don't find him hot at all anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4508/03/2013

A Bing "he" search gave me the answer: Helen Hunt is the most beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 4608/03/2013

[quote]On the plus side they both have eyes that smile.

Is this you?

by Anonymousreply 4708/03/2013

brad pitt & matt damon are UGLY

by Anonymousreply 4808/03/2013

Pitt in his prime - River Runs Through It - blows Cavill and Bomer off the charts. Damon at his peak was frat boy hot. Ian Somerhalder has the best eyes ever, but is sort of odd looking otherwise.

But at this moment? Bomer by a (broken) nose.

by Anonymousreply 4908/03/2013

Cavill could've easily played JFK Jr.

by Anonymousreply 5008/03/2013

Matt Damon has no business being on a "beautiful" poll. He was very well-photographed in Good Will Hunting, and the story ends there.

Henry Cavill is not exactly beautiful-looking, he's more weird-looking.

Ian Somerhalder almost got my vote.

Matt Bomer is definitely beautiful to look at, and today he's more beautiful than Ian Somerhalder as I see it.

If the vote is taking place today, Brad Pitt can never win. Try 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 5108/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 5208/04/2013

When I said objectively handsome, I meant that to me, his looks are textbook handsome. Even if he were the next Hitler, I couldn't argue that he wasn't handsome.

So taking personality, charm, values, etc out of the equation, TO ME, Henry is objectively classically handsome.

However, adding back in values, personality, charm, etc, I might find someone else far more attractive than Henry, even though in a 2D side by side comparison, Henry would win.

Of this group, Matt Damon, or Brad Pitt would stand out from Henry. Damon seems like a pretty cool guy, and Pitt, would be someone interesting to spend time with because of his wide travels, etc. And I do think that Pitt has some things that he feels passionate about, besides acting.

With Henry, he doesn't seem to have passion for anything, but perhaps success.

by Anonymousreply 5308/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 5408/04/2013

Why are we having a poll? No one can be as perfect as Henry Cavill...HEL-LO?

Matt Bomer is barely second.

by Anonymousreply 5508/04/2013

Not even honorable mentions for Steve Buscemi and Richard Belzer?

by Anonymousreply 5608/04/2013

R47, lol, what can I say, I like happy people.

by Anonymousreply 5708/04/2013

Suddenly charm, charisma and personality don't mean shit to me:

by Anonymousreply 5808/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 5908/04/2013

99.9% perfect - if only he hadn't shaved.

by Anonymousreply 6008/04/2013

[quote]When I said objectively handsome, I meant that[bold] to me, [/bold]

[quote][bold]TO ME,[/bold] Henry is objectively classically handsome.

So what you really meant is that subjectively, Cavill is the most handsome. Because if it's an objective assertion, your opinion won't matter one way or the other.

by Anonymousreply 6108/04/2013

Why aren't the Guidice girls on this list?

by Anonymousreply 6208/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 6308/05/2013

I think Jensen Ackles is more beautiful than Matt and Brad at the very least. Speaking just on his looks, he has to be one of the best-looking men alive.

by Anonymousreply 6408/05/2013

Julian Rios. Before all the tats.

by Anonymousreply 6508/05/2013

R24 - stupidest post ever.

Cavill is in a blockbuster out this summer. People search names for all reasons, including for gossip (unfortunately, the way a lot of straight people find DL now). It doesn't prove that everyone is searching for images.

by Anonymousreply 6608/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 6708/06/2013

Agre, r64. Talk about the "golden ratio"! Ackles is crazy beautiful---I've never seen anyone come close. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Wish he were family, but reluctantly accept he's probably not.

by Anonymousreply 6808/06/2013

No idea if Jensen's family or not. I've just heard that he's even more impossibly gorgeous in person... and very, very awkward and shy. I suppose if I had to live with the knowledge that 99% of the people I meet aren't listening to what I'm saying and are just thinking about how much they want to do me, it might make me a little reticent around strangers, too.

by Anonymousreply 6908/06/2013

[quote]I voted for Matt Bomer. BEAUTIFUL!

I agree! And he's funny and personable in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 7008/06/2013

Ian Somerhalder is very odd looking.

by Anonymousreply 7108/06/2013

Brad Pitt? Srsly? I mean, to me, if a goose fart had a physical form, it would look like Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 7208/06/2013

[68] someone once actually did a "Golden ratio" comparison with several actor's pictures, including Ackles, and Bomer was the only one who fitted 100% the Golden ratio not Ackles...

by Anonymousreply 7308/06/2013

Bomer is pretty, but he's too pretty. He almost looks as if he were made of plastic.

by Anonymousreply 7408/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 7508/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 7608/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 7708/06/2013

[quote]the only one who fitted 100% the Golden ratio not Ackles...

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 7808/06/2013

Ah, thanks r75. I knew I'd seen that somewhere before a long time ago. Not that the Golden Ratio means anything besides perfect bone structure.

All three men for whom this has been provided are beautiful. But Jensen has that mouth and those eyes...and I confess a mad attraction to his bowlegs. HAWT.

by Anonymousreply 7908/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 8008/07/2013

Beauty personified!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8108/07/2013

Crazy eyes personified. Can the next thread on him be called that?

by Anonymousreply 8208/07/2013

You people who go on about Matt having "crazy eyes" must *love* shifty looking people.

by Anonymousreply 8308/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 8408/15/2013

Piss off, mate.

by Anonymousreply 8508/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 8608/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 8708/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 8808/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 8908/15/2013

I can't believe my hubby Matt Damon is second to last.

by Anonymousreply 9008/15/2013

On the poll about 5.5% people find Pitt attractive! LOL, he's the LOWEST in this poll & I expect the 5 that voted for him are still cheetoh eating Bradley-Pony sweatpants wearing BRANGELOONS!

About 7.25% of people find Damon attractive, I assume it's the Damon-stan emptying cookies and voting over and over because MD is really truly OVER at this point. And he can take his wife-maid with him, hopefully, never to show his fug mug on screen again. There's probably no hope for the spawn of those 2 either as she is even fuglier & horse teefed.

The rest meh, only HC is the most attractive at this point.

by Anonymousreply 9108/16/2013

I don't get the adoration of Bomer, good-looking but he could play Ken Doll in a movie but to each his own. Cavill is good-looking but nothing remarkable. Looks like a GQ cover model which doesn't do it for me.

I have always loved Matt Damon's face. Way to go R91 proving what a POS you are referring to his Spanish/Argentine wife as his maid.

Brad photoshopped is one thing, candids quite another. He's always been nasty especially with his previously long horse hair.

Did Matt really say he got scripts Brad rejected? Why complain? Brad has frequently given new meaning to the term "wooden acting." Also, Matt has never looked like he doesn't bathe so +1 there.

I really hope there will be another Bourne movie sans Meth face, starring Matt with Greengrass directing. What a shame what happened to the series, could not finish Legacy, pure shit.

by Anonymousreply 9208/16/2013

The death of DataLounge grinds on.

by Anonymousreply 9308/16/2013

[quote]don't get the adoration of Bomer, good-looking but he could play Ken Doll in a movie but to each his own.

Most good-looking actors like Bomer and Cavill have only one look, playing their ken doll self in everything.

by Anonymousreply 9408/16/2013

The more important thing besides the face is which one of these have the most beautiful feet?

by Anonymousreply 9508/16/2013

Brian J. Smith (photo with URL given)

by Anonymousreply 9608/16/2013

Is he out yet, R96?

by Anonymousreply 9708/16/2013

R95, Cavill:

by Anonymousreply 9808/16/2013

Who is flipping the burgers whilst thou art here giggling?

by Anonymousreply 9908/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 10008/16/2013

Yuck, flipflops? R98!

by Anonymousreply 10108/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 10208/16/2013

I'm surprised that Matt Damon is ahead of Brad Pitt in the poll. Why do you think that is?

by Anonymousreply 10308/17/2013

Brad Pitt. Always my number one. The man has stood the test of time.

Ian Somer... I forgot the rest. Pretty eyes. Sculpted face like Rob Lowe

Damon???? You're kidding, right?

by Anonymousreply 10408/17/2013

Cavill - About the hottest man in the world/Hollywood.

Bomer - Very good looking indeed, yet does not do a thing for me. Even the ass pic in the other thread.. technically great but I feel nothing and don't care. At least he's out from this mostly gay bunch so that's worth something.

Somerhalder - Ugh just no, makes me sick. There is such a thing as too pretty. Rob Lowe was/is gorgeous, he and Chace Crawford are very poor man's versions.

Pitt - Again technical perfection and the standard of male beauty but I don't feel it, add in Depp to this. Some have said he's a cut price Robert Redford.

Damon - No, not for me, preferred Affleck but he's a good looking guy. Don't care about the ass. I was thinking he has a Patrick Swayze kinda vibe. Apparently looks much hotter in person.

by Anonymousreply 10508/17/2013

I'm not even a foot person, but even Cavill's feet are perfect. He really is physical perfection from head to toe.

That guy hit the gene pool lottery for sure.

by Anonymousreply 10608/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 10708/18/2013

All of these men are good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 10808/18/2013

All hot, but Cavill is in a league of his own. Ethereal beauty:

by Anonymousreply 10908/21/2013

R109, I agree he is beautiful, but sorry, that is a baaad picture of him

by Anonymousreply 11008/21/2013

Bradley Cooper is not "beautiful". Maybe years ago he was close to it, but certainly not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11108/21/2013

Are you crazy, R110?

He's stunning in that picture. I don't think he has a bad picture.

by Anonymousreply 11208/21/2013

Dreamy:

by Anonymousreply 11308/21/2013

Bradley Cooper, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon all have that movie star looks, charm and gravitas... I can't say the same about the rest, especially Bomer and Somerhalder, they're good-looking but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 11408/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 11508/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 11608/23/2013

David Gandy, Gabriel Aubry, models I know, but hotter than actors.

by Anonymousreply 11708/23/2013

Wow, Damon is still ahead of Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 11808/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 11908/23/2013

R119 = Mrs. Cooper who -like any mother- thinks her boy tops them all.

Sorry, Mrs. Cooper, but here's the fairest of them all:

by Anonymousreply 12008/23/2013

Matt Bomer is the most beautiful, followed by Brad Pitt 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12108/31/2013

Somerhalder is the hottest on the list by a mile. His character on TVD certainly helps him out.

How do some people not know who he is? The fifth season of TVD will be starting in the fall, and he was on a little show some may have heard of called LOST.

by Anonymousreply 12208/31/2013

[quote] Is there any doubt that some Bomer freak is erasing cookies just to vote?

some freak-eyed actor attracts some freak. no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 12308/31/2013

anyone have any idea how Ian is taking the 50SOG news? He seemed to be lobbying hard for that part, and even though I think the books are terrible, he physically seems more suited to it than Hunnam.

Anyway, I just wondered if poor Ian is holding up ok, cause really as VD winds down, he won't have much going for him. He seems a decent guy, and I like that he has a passion for the environment.

by Anonymousreply 12409/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 12509/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 12609/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 12709/07/2013

Matt is gorgeous, except something about the shape of his head bothers me, with the jaw being wider than the forehead or something.

by Anonymousreply 12809/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.