Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

THEATRE GOSSIP #117: "COOK'S FANNY & FAITH'S ANNIE" Edition

Faith's back! But there's no news! Is no Faith news good Faith news?

When It's April in Wisconsin - Karen Olivo has found her bliss in Madison! But she still can't dance, peoples.

And what of Orion Griffith? Is this a PIPPIN curse? First Irene Ryan, now this!

Barbara Cook's two Fannys - who saw them?

What was on Miller Wright's iPod? "Open a New Window," of course.

Natwick and Heckart and Worth, oh my!

Straight choreographers - what a world, what a world!

SNEAK PEAK FROM THEATRE GOSSIP #298: Ben Sprecher announces that "Rebecca" WILL open on Broadway in April, 2016!

MARILYN! CARRIE! KELLY!

Last one in's a rotten egg!

by Anonymousreply 60008/09/2013

SNEAK PEEK!

by Anonymousreply 107/28/2013

Was Barbara Cook's Fanny a big hit in London?

by Anonymousreply 207/28/2013

[quote]What was on Miller Wright's iPod? "Open a New Window," of course.

evil.....but lol!

by Anonymousreply 307/28/2013

Faith darling! Why don't you tell us how your performance is, since nobody else seems to have gone?

by Anonymousreply 507/28/2013

Surprisingly good Stephen Moyer, Beeel from "True Blood" as Billy Flynn this weekend at the Hollywood Bowl. They had ten days to learn and put it on. It appears director Brooke Shields did a fabulous job. Scroll a little down for more clips.

by Anonymousreply 607/28/2013

Unlike a poster on the previous thread, I saw "Love's Labour's Lost" and thought it was delightful. At times it's silly, but it's always entertaining. The songs are very good (I could understand the all of the lyrics being sung unlike BBAJ), the cast is terrific and the set and lighting are well done. This production is much better than a traditional staging, which tends to get bogged down. I don't think you can have a better night at the theater this summer. Don't miss it!

by Anonymousreply 707/28/2013

I saw Barbara Cook's FANNY. It was huge in summer stock!

And then I wrote TITANIC.

by Anonymousreply 807/28/2013

Woo hoo

by Anonymousreply 907/28/2013

Barbara Cook's Fanny was shut down in London for indecency.

by Anonymousreply 1007/28/2013

Love the clip on BroadwayWorld of Samantha Barks and chorus doing ALL THAT JAZZ. Also love how the camera stays on Samantha and ignores that Simpson person.

I have a great deal of respect for Brooke Shields. I know people who have worked with her and they say she's really lovely and a hard worker.

And she never pulled a Lohan or a Bynes back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 1107/28/2013

Ok NYC gays... Has anyone seen Buyer & Cellar?? I'm thinking its way past time for a NYC trip and this sounds fun.

by Anonymousreply 1207/28/2013

Say goodbye to Sigourney! She leaves after today's matinee.

by Anonymousreply 1307/28/2013

A whole lotta people thought Sigourney was the one blight in this cast, but the night I saw her she was a scream. Everyone else seems to think Julie White will be far superior, but I'm not sure about that. Her career hasn't exactly taken off. I wonder, if like Faith, everyone will avoid the show.

by Anonymousreply 1407/28/2013

R12. Many people have seen Michael Urie snd just about everyone I've talked to thinks he's the second coming and the show itself is a scream. A terrific 90 minutes!

by Anonymousreply 1507/28/2013

Agree with R15 - saw an early preview of Buyer & Cellar and it was hilarious and completely entertaining! It's the perfect thing to do on a trip to NYC. Avoid. Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 1607/28/2013

Watch the TW on-demand show On Stage Across America for July and the Matthew Morrison interview, just see how LOOOOOOONG it takes for him to say who his Broadway crush it. And then he grasps onto Orfeh.

He should just give up the facade and come out already.

by Anonymousreply 1707/28/2013

I agree: Michael Urie and "Buyer and Cellar": are Wonderful! Everyone and I mean everyone I know who has seen it - loves it! And there was one older theatre queen who stayed away because he did not like Michael. The story has change and he apologized and can not believe how wrong he was. I think it is The Funniest show now playing in NYC (B'way or Off).

by Anonymousreply 1807/28/2013

[quote]Love the clip on BroadwayWorld of Samantha Barks and chorus doing ALL THAT JAZZ. Also love how the camera stays on Samantha and ignores that Simpson person.

Loved how Brooke filled that huge stage. Loved "Cell Block Tango" (next video). Hey Simpson might have fucked up on SNL, but the BroadwayWorld.com people that saw her liked and she has earned her theater credits.

by Anonymousreply 1907/28/2013

Hopefully since this thread is called GOSSIP - that it does happen. This is NYC and summer. You mean there is no news about any pants being dropped. No Max Von Essen, or Raul who was in the dud at Encores. Cum on boys

by Anonymousreply 2007/28/2013

Someone needs to make sure all the Michael Arden pix turn up by the time this already tired thread reaches 100. Try Johnny Orsini. Or that dopey Billy Magnussen. That's the only way real gossip is going to get injected here. Even without Prime Time, you girls are all sleep at the switch! We need a big cheer form KZ.

by Anonymousreply 2107/28/2013

Finally some real gossip: Which Tony-nominated actress is about to take a "leave" from her show, never to return?

by Anonymousreply 2307/28/2013

Does BIG FISH have any advance?

by Anonymousreply 2407/28/2013

I can't WAIT to see how badly Lapine fucks up His own adaptation of Moss Hart's ACT ONE.

Kitty will be twirling in her tulip-scented grave.

by Anonymousreply 2507/28/2013

R2-Yes, the same advance THOU SHALT NOT had.

by Anonymousreply 2607/28/2013

R23-Would that be Laura Osnes, perhaps to prepare for "Cabaret"?

by Anonymousreply 2707/28/2013

Maybe Vicky Clark?

by Anonymousreply 2807/28/2013

I am waiting for discounts for "RIII" and "12th Night" but I checked Telecharge and it looks almost all sold out. Is that possible?

by Anonymousreply 2907/28/2013

Finally some real gossip: Which Tony-nominated actress is about to take a "leave" from her show, never to return?

That's the best ya got? Oh Brother.

by Anonymousreply 3007/28/2013

Barbara Cook's Fanny has blocked out the sun and given shade to thousands.

by Anonymousreply 3107/28/2013

Barbara Cook originated the role of Miss White in Carrie

by Anonymousreply 3207/28/2013

[quote] Which Tony-nominated actress is about to take a "leave" from her show, never to return?

Damn.

A bitch misses a matinee every once in a while and y'all say I'm a quitter! Tough crowd!

by Anonymousreply 3307/28/2013

Vicky Clark isn't Tony-nominated, she actually won.

She already took a "leave" from Sister Act. She can't pull that stunt again. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it's Osnes. No Tony win, crappy production -she's over it.

by Anonymousreply 3407/28/2013

Would a star of Laura Osnes' magnitude have to sign a year-long contract for Cinderella?

by Anonymousreply 3507/28/2013

probably r35.

by Anonymousreply 3607/28/2013

I guess the quitter could also be Lauren Ward in Matilda or the lead woman in Motown.

by Anonymousreply 3707/28/2013

I may go see ANNIE just for you guys, but I have to warn you that I saw it In previews an liked Finneran.

As for Buyer & Cellar, it is wonderful. I recommend it to everyone,

by Anonymousreply 3807/28/2013

Lauren Ward has already said (article on Kansas City Star-her hometown) that she is leaving MATILDA in September and family going back to London.

by Anonymousreply 3907/28/2013

Agreed. Buyer and Cellar is quite funny and Urie is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 4007/28/2013

[quote]I wonder, if like Faith, everyone will avoid the show.

False equivalency. People aren't avoiding ANNIE because of Faith, they're avoiding it because it's ANNIE and has been deemed a lousy production from the get-go.

Julie White, on the other hand, is going into a hit that just won the Tony, and that has been doing great business. So if it drops dramatically, that probably WILL be laid at her doorstep, although she may be better than Weaver.

by Anonymousreply 4107/28/2013

[quote]a star of Laura Osnes' magnitude

OMG - that's the funniest thing I've read all day!

by Anonymousreply 4207/28/2013

The actress is Tony-nominated, but would it have to be for a musical?

by Anonymousreply 4307/29/2013

I guess it could be Kristine Nielsen or Condola Rashad r43 if Lauren Ward is not the person they mean. All the other Tony nominees in plays are from shows that have closed.

by Anonymousreply 4407/29/2013

Seven shows in and NOTHING about my performance?

by Anonymousreply 4507/29/2013

r29, sure, I can believe it.

by Anonymousreply 4607/29/2013

Buyer and Cellar is fun and Michael Urie is truly adorable but it's being a bit over-praised here and elsewhere. The play is just a trifle, perfect for a summer weekend matinee, nothing more, nothing less.

I think if you go in with very high expectations, you'll be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 4707/29/2013

I'm betting it's Osnes, either for Les Miz or Cabaret.

by Anonymousreply 4807/29/2013

Fellow fans and followers, I will be out of @PippinMusical for a month due to injury, but will return soon with #MagicToDo!

by Anonymousreply 4907/29/2013

I saw Buyer & Cellar pre-transfer (cause I'm fancy like that). It was cute, it was funny, I enjoyed it, but it was pretty one note. It kinda reminded me of a polished Fringe show.

by Anonymousreply 5007/29/2013

Condola is doing R&J w/ Orlando Bloom.

by Anonymousreply 5107/29/2013

Yes, Condola has already left Trip to Bountiful to rehearse Romeo and Juliet (Which starts previews next month) and has been replaced by the girl who was the lead in the movie Pariah. (Adepero Oduye? I hope I got that right.)

by Anonymousreply 5207/29/2013

r52 Adepero is a wonderful actress - but this is not a good production. The director did not fully understand what they play was about - not to mention the added implication of a black woman farming in south Texas early in the 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 5307/29/2013

Ann Miner censoring again over at ALL THAT CHAT over Harvey Fierstein's remarks about Putin.

by Anonymousreply 5407/29/2013

When is Cabaret meant to be opening?

by Anonymousreply 5507/29/2013

"Harvey Fierstein is on topic, so linking to his statements are fine. The topics he speaks of, however, are off topic for discussion on All That Chat as they are not theatre releated." [sic]

Sounds like ANN would enjoy Putin's Russia very much!

by Anonymousreply 5607/29/2013

Sally Bowles should not be sung by a soprano!

by Anonymousreply 5707/29/2013

Do you mean the actress was nominated this year? Or has a Tony nom in her career? Jeez

by Anonymousreply 5907/29/2013

When has there been any MVE gossip besided the reiteration of "slutty bottom"?

by Anonymousreply 6007/29/2013

I did not see Faith. And I won't. Oof. I saw Jane Lynch. She was fabulous in a misguided revival. By far the darkest ANNIE ever. The Hooverille folks don't want to give ANNIE any stew and the cop beats the hell out of the down on his luck beggar in NYC. And no bucket/brush in HARD KNOCK?! Awful. Lilla Crawford was terrific and Anthony Warlowe should ask to have his music lowered in Act 2. Great actor but strained his balls on I DONT NEED ANYTHING BUT A MODULATION DOWN A THIRD.

by Anonymousreply 6107/29/2013

Speaking of Anthony Warlowe and his balls, are they getting the chorus boy treatment?

by Anonymousreply 6207/29/2013

I assumed the original poster's intent regarding the Tony-nominated actress leaving her current show was in reference to rancor backstage.

But nobody seems to be biting on that angle (is that a mixed metaphor?).

by Anonymousreply 6307/29/2013

anthony w is gay?

by Anonymousreply 6407/29/2013

No one seems to be biting about the departing actress on ANY angle.

by Anonymousreply 6507/29/2013

How is Arthur "Rory" Darvill in "Once"?

by Anonymousreply 6607/29/2013

Victoria (I refuse to call her Vicki) doesn't get along with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 6707/29/2013

Choreographer, Andy Blankenbuehler

Who's his bf?

by Anonymousreply 6807/29/2013

R67. And with every day, that hoist gets harder and harder.

by Anonymousreply 6907/29/2013

Agree that departing actress is most likely Clark, it's the same as in her cast show. She doesn't get along with anyone. Nielsen's show closes in a month, why would she leave before then? The closing date has been posted for three months.

by Anonymousreply 7007/29/2013

But we were promised theater gossip and all we get is this deadly laundry list of proficient actors, not divas in name. At least Victoria C. may be, by all accounts, something of a practicing diva, worthy of #117. Spill, please!

by Anonymousreply 7107/29/2013

Will someone please please please finally post the Michael Arden pics?!?

by Anonymousreply 7207/29/2013

It surely can't be news to anyone at this point that Vicky Clark is obnoxious and disliked?

by Anonymousreply 7307/29/2013

I guess Broadway really is booming because I just scanned the offers on TDF and the only shows available were Phantom and Soul Doctor.

by Anonymousreply 7407/29/2013

Yeah, she's a real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7507/29/2013

[quote]Funny how Victoria Clark was her understudy in Guys and Dolls and now Vicky is the major Broadway star originating roles.

I has to laugh at this comment. In the course of only 8 years, Vicky Clark has gone from "Tony winning triumph leading actress" to a rundown supporting actress who's left two shows early and doesn't get along with anyone.

Meanwhile, Faith is starring - as she always had. And everyone loves her (except, perhaps, LuPone).

by Anonymousreply 7607/29/2013

r76

Why does La Lupone dislike Faith?

by Anonymousreply 7707/29/2013

[quote] I guess Broadway really is booming because I just scanned the offers on TDF and the only shows available were Phantom and Soul Doctor.

It's Monday. Most shows are dark tonight.

by Anonymousreply 7807/29/2013

Except TDF offers future dates.

by Anonymousreply 7907/29/2013

[quote]Why does La Lupone dislike Faith?

Patti dislikes anyone who is considered to always be nice to people.

by Anonymousreply 8007/29/2013

Heard from somebody who worked on FAR FROM HEAVEN that Kelli couldn't have been nicer or easier to work with (despite being about eleven months pregnant) whereas Pasquale was an entitled, difficult asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8107/29/2013

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Is IF/THEN not based on a movie?

by Anonymousreply 8207/29/2013

Met someone who was in the show with Kelli and said the very same thing this past weekend. And she (the actress in question) has nicely recovered from being hit by the hot dog cart!'

by Anonymousreply 8307/29/2013

I don't think it's Clark. I think it's the one playing Diana Ross in Motown.

by Anonymousreply 8407/29/2013

Patti went off on Faith before a performance of Noises Off. Faith had asked the SM to ask Patti if they could cut a brief bit they were doing that never got any laughs. Faith was summoned to La LuPone's dressing room, and stood through a tirade that began with "don't you fucking EVER try to tell ME how to play comedy!" and got worse from there. Faith just took it, and then replied, "Patti, I can see this has upset you, so we'll just let it go, okay"

Later, after a scene, LuPone came up to Faith and said, in reference to Faith's son who had just been in the hospital, "Oh yeah, how's your kid?"

The entire cast knew what had happened (some of them, including the SM, heard the tirade), and every single one was on Faith's side.

by Anonymousreply 8507/29/2013

Love that story, r85 - can you quote any other Patti lines from the tirade?

by Anonymousreply 8607/29/2013

"I think it's the one playing Diana Ross in Motown."

I would not be surprised if she were the subject of the blind item.

With a one or two exceptions, they have seemingly gone out of their way to feature everybody BUT the "Diana Ross/Supremes" numbers (most glaringly on the TONY awards).

by Anonymousreply 8707/29/2013

I heard them all when I was first told the story, r86, (from someone who actually heard it backstage), but all I remember exactly is her opening salvo. And Prince wasn't saying anything about LuPone's performance, just about the fact that the bit didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 8807/29/2013

Seems a little passive aggressive on Prince's part. Or it could be read that way, at least. Why didn't she get Patti's feelings on the whole business, first? Imagine being told by the SM out of the blue "Faith wants to change this bit because it's not working." I'm not claiming special knowledge on this; just reading the situation.

by Anonymousreply 8907/29/2013

no idea if the departing actress is Clark, but she is out of the show for two weeks in August, been scheduled for months.

by Anonymousreply 9007/29/2013

Mildred Natwick on an Antenna Channel presentation of Alfred Hitchcock Presents right now. Episode: "The Perfect Murder".

by Anonymousreply 9107/30/2013

Speaking of Prince ladies, WEHT Daisy Prince, performer/director/offspring of Hal?

And it seems like the good dirt is over at the Cheyenne J gets tattoos thread.

by Anonymousreply 9207/30/2013

I think Daisy Prince is pregnant

by Anonymousreply 9307/30/2013

Daddy must be supporting Daisy & Family, since Skippy hardly works as an actor at all anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9407/30/2013

R89, actors can't talk to other actors about this kind of thing. It has to go through the SM. prince did the proper thing. Asking the SM to ask LuPone if she would mind cutting. That's the proper theatrical protocol.

by Anonymousreply 9507/30/2013

Who financed a musical by and about 3 schlubby guys trying to find a "First Date"?

by Anonymousreply 9607/30/2013

Didn't Faith also have words with Patti over Lupone's Broadway Cares meltdown at Noises Off? I know the stage manager told her off. I thought Faith did as well?

by Anonymousreply 9707/30/2013

I'm not that schlubby.

by Anonymousreply 9807/30/2013

The ladies at ATC have just discovered that no one hs clucked on about Faith's Hannigan. Mark my words: this will mean a dozen new entries about everyone's favorite Hannigan. Who else? Dorothy.

by Anonymousreply 9907/30/2013

If/Then...ugh...The Concept: Sliding Doors, The Reality: What the Fuck? You never know how badly this could go...

by Anonymousreply 10007/30/2013

Did the [Title of Show] people cast their own London counterparts? The guys look uncannily like Hunter and... Jeff?

by Anonymousreply 10107/30/2013

So who's participating in SLEEP OUT: BROADWAY EDITION? I'll contribute if I can share the sleeping bag of Rory O'Malley (and his new liver)

by Anonymousreply 10207/30/2013

[quote]The ladies at ATC have just discovered that no one hs clucked on about Faith's Hannigan. Mark my words: this will mean a dozen new entries about everyone's favorite Hannigan. Who else? Dorothy.

They are so fucked up. There is a thread about "Orange Is The New Black" a women's prison show because some theater actors are in it, yet "Glee" which also has theater actors in it BUT who actually sing show tunes is off topic.

by Anonymousreply 10307/30/2013

Andrew dear, go back to bed with Mike Doyle and leave the rest of us alone.

by Anonymousreply 10407/30/2013

Sounds like Faith Prince is confusing herself with Harold Prince. She's not the director. She should do her fucking job and stop giving notes to Patti LuPone!

by Anonymousreply 10507/30/2013

Has Faith ever done "Gypsy"?

by Anonymousreply 10607/30/2013

Faith played Tessie Tura in "Jerome Robbins' Broadway" in the "Gotta Get A Gimmick" number.

But her co-star, Debbie Gravitte (who played Mazeppa in the number) beat her out for the Tony that year.

by Anonymousreply 10707/30/2013

R107: Zoe Wanamaker

by Anonymousreply 10807/30/2013

Considering no one on any theater board has seen Faith's Hannigan, she sure has a lotta attention here!

by Anonymousreply 10907/30/2013

Not to defend Patti LuPone, but working with Faith Prince is hardly a walk in the park.

She's lovely, funny and talented woman, but extremely self-involved. I can easily picture her and Patti eventually coming to blows.

by Anonymousreply 11007/30/2013

There have been a couple of very positive reports over at BroadwayWorld about Faith, including two posters who've seen all three Hannigans, and felt Faith was by far the best, succeeding in the role despite the problems of the production.

by Anonymousreply 11107/30/2013

"She's lovely, funny and talented woman, but extremely self-involved."

Can you expand on this, r110? Her reputation is so glowing that I would enjoy finally getting some dirt on her!

by Anonymousreply 11207/30/2013

Denzel Washington has confirmed that he will be doing a revival of Raisin in the Sun in Spring 2014 on Broadway. He also confirmed that Diahann Carroll will be playing Mother Younger. Huh? The National Enquirer insists that she's in some stage of dementia and probably can't learn anything: lines, lyrics, etc. Who to believe?

by Anonymousreply 11307/30/2013

R97 I think there was some sort of blowout between Patti and Peter Gallagher over the Broadway Cares speech. I remember Patti skipping some shows right after that.

by Anonymousreply 11407/30/2013

[quote]He also confirmed that Diahann Carroll will be playing Mother Younger. Huh? The National Enquirer insists that she's in some stage of dementia and probably can't learn anything: lines, lyrics, etc.

A real actress doesn't let a little thing like dementia get in her potato.

by Anonymousreply 11507/30/2013

well done r115

by Anonymousreply 11607/30/2013

I remember attending a very empty matinee of " A Catered Affair."

Faith's bow was hysterical.....she was just so over the top and bowing and bowing as if she was receiving a lifetime achievement award. (the audience meanwhile...what there was of it... was giving a tepid response at best.)

by Anonymousreply 11707/30/2013

R115

I hear that, girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 11807/30/2013

R102 - so Covenant House has been completely rehabilitated? Completely separated from the Roman Catholic Church and Father Bruce?

by Anonymousreply 11907/30/2013

I had heard Charlie Williams was sleeping out, but he's not on the list.

by Anonymousreply 12007/30/2013

Faith was great in Catered Affair. So was Tom Wopat. The audience I saw it with loved them both, if they were a little less enthused over the show itself.

by Anonymousreply 12107/30/2013

Yes, it's come to this--the great American legacy of theater has been reduced to five plays: STREETCAR, MENAGERIE, CAT, SALESMAN and RAISIN IN THE SUN. The same five plays will be revived in perpetuity like the tentpole franchises of Hollywood, decade after decade. The barren imagination, poverty of ideas and lack of audacity must have David Merrick turning in his urn. How mighty Broadway has fallen!

by Anonymousreply 12207/30/2013

Except I will NEVER see another production of STREETCAR, MENAGERIE, CAT, SALESMAN, or RAISIN IN THE SUN because they get worse and worse, with ridiculous casting and absurd directorial choices.

And I would add GYPSY, LES MIZ, and EVITA to my list as well.

by Anonymousreply 12307/30/2013

Denzel is just living out his Sidney Poitier adulation. He's 58! So the mother would have to be like near 80? I never really thought of the mother as that old of a woman.

by Anonymousreply 12407/30/2013

[quote]Faith was great in Catered Affair. So was Tom Wopat.

Tom Wopat was out the day I saw it which added to the disappoinment of it all I guess.

by Anonymousreply 12507/30/2013

R122 your post makes us cry

by Anonymousreply 12607/30/2013

Has there ever been a well received Streetcar after the original?

by Anonymousreply 12707/30/2013

Colin Donnell is with Patti Murrin? I thought she was married.

by Anonymousreply 12807/31/2013

I thought Colin Donnell was well... you know.

by Anonymousreply 12907/31/2013

"Has there ever been a well received Streetcar after the original?"

Cate Blanchett's Streetcar was very well-received.......but that was way off-Broadway, at BAM in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 13007/31/2013

you'd of thought Natasha Richardson as Blanche was a great idea. Was she done in by the miscasting of John C. Reilly or did she add to the problem herself?

by Anonymousreply 13107/31/2013

I saw that production R131 - she was very in-shape.

I took no notice of it and thought she gave a good performance, but more than a few reviews pointed out Blanch should not look like she has a private Pilates Instructor and a gym membership.

by Anonymousreply 13207/31/2013

A poor director did in Natasha's STREETCAR (also to blame for the miscasting).

There have been some lovely Blanches over the years (Blythe Danner, Rosemary Harris, even Jessica Lange) but it's usually the Stanleys that aren't up to the task. Just like with FUNNY GIRL, the shadow of the role's originator is just too overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 13307/31/2013

Isn't Patti Murin married to hottie Curtis Holbrook...who I saw as the understudy to CJ in Xanadu!??

by Anonymousreply 13407/31/2013

[quote]She's lovely, funny and talented woman, but extremely self-involved

Remove "lovely and funny" and you've got Patti!

by Anonymousreply 13507/31/2013

[quote]Remove "lovely and funny" and you've got Patti!

And "talented" should probably go into the bin as well.

by Anonymousreply 13607/31/2013

[quote] you'd of thought

oh dear. I'd have thought we were past this on the Broad Way

by Anonymousreply 13707/31/2013

[quote]Colin Donnell is with Patti Murrin? I thought she was married.

Murin is or was married to Curtis Holbrook. He with the hottest looking legs on Broadway. Did they separate?

by Anonymousreply 13807/31/2013

r133

The shadow of Sydney Chaplin?!

by Anonymousreply 13907/31/2013

Choreographer Andy Blankenbuehler.

Who's his bf?

by Anonymousreply 14007/31/2013

Blanchett got good reviews for her terribly misguided performance as Blanche but Liv Ullman did not get good reviews for her direction. The actor playing Mitch was really terrible.

by Anonymousreply 14107/31/2013

I was very young and lucky enough to see Rosemary Harris' Blanche at the old Vivian Beaumont Theater at Lincoln Center (was it called something else then?) around 1973. And James Farentino did not disappoint as Stanley.

With Patricia Conolly as Stella and Philip Bosco as Mitch, it was beautifully directed by Ellis Raab.

I can still see Rosemary's exit in her della Robbia blue outfit.

by Anonymousreply 14207/31/2013

Watching Krist Dawn on Jay Leno begs me o ask: what did she do to her face?

by Anonymousreply 14307/31/2013

Why has no one mentioned my Blanche?

by Anonymousreply 14407/31/2013

Shirley Knight, mid 70's best Blanche I have seen. Haven't seen them all of course, but hers was spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 14507/31/2013

Alec Baldwin actually was a terrific Stanley opposite Jessica Lange

by Anonymousreply 14607/31/2013

Unfortunately Cheno fell victim to what Hollywood does to all actresses. Destroys their self-image and turns them into plastic skeletons. She's so talented, but its painful to watch her. I had to turn my head during "Promises" she looked so pinched. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 14707/31/2013

The John Tiffany Glass Menagerie starring Cherry Jones is a beautiful production and will hopefully raise the standard for Broadway productions of American classics.

by Anonymousreply 14807/31/2013

And they said the same exact thing about the Roundabout production with Judith Ivey in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 14907/31/2013

R142- When that production moved to Broadway, Stella was beautifully played by Barbara Eda-Young, who is currently in the Mint Theatre's "A Picture Of Autumn".

Lois Nettleton was a great Blanche, but Robert Forster couldn't hold a candle to Farentino.

by Anonymousreply 15007/31/2013

Blanchett was misguided? You have seen what Rob Ashford did to Rachel Weisz at the Donmar.

by Anonymousreply 15107/31/2013

[quote]Unfortunately Cheno fell victim to what Hollywood does to all actresses. Destroys their self-image and turns them into plastic skeletons. She's so talented, but its painful to watch her. I had to turn my head during "Promises" she looked so pinched. Sad.

She's one of those genetic freaks that can eat garbage all day(and does) and not gain a pound. She's a tiny little thing with no body fat. Maybe if she had, had a child her metabolism would have changed but she will always be naturally thin.

by Anonymousreply 15207/31/2013

Funny Girl was a legendary vehicle for a legendary star, but just because it worked once doesn't mean it's ever going to work again. I don't think there's enough good material in it to justify even a concert revival. The book is insubstantial and a lot of the songs are downright lame.

by Anonymousreply 15307/31/2013

[quote]And they said the same exact thing about the Roundabout production with Judith Ivey in 2010.

To be fair, every show the Roundabout produces is a shitfest, so most rational people would instinctively ignore delusional statements.

by Anonymousreply 15407/31/2013

Saw Shirley Knight play Amanda in a production of "Glass Menagerie" at the McCarter. She was truly awful. Dylan McDermott was truly awful. Judy Kuhn was a revelation. But it ran over 3 hours. Pauses and gaps you could drive a truck through.

Emily Mann can't fucking direct traffic.

by Anonymousreply 15507/31/2013

Song of Cheyenne (from another thread)

Where's that boy with a torch song

A hollywood hunk

Who always had meaty thighs

Where's that boy with a torch song

And why did I listen to all his lies

Did he need a stronger hand

Did he need a lighter touch

Was there too much of a crowd

All to gay and loud

And not enough of me.

And I'l ask myself my whole life long.

What when wrong along the way

Would I make the same mistakes

If he walked into my life today

If that man with the big thighs

Walked into my life

Todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

by Anonymousreply 15607/31/2013

I love Kristin but I fear her anorexic looks now make her virtually uncastable in film and TV, except as the wacky neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 15707/31/2013

WEHT the Nicole Kidman Sweet Bird revival?

by Anonymousreply 15807/31/2013

Kristi Dawn doesn't get the roles she wants in film and TV because she is an annoying and cloying. Only silly gays appreciate her "quirkiness"

by Anonymousreply 15907/31/2013

her association with RJA may also be causing her jobs

by Anonymousreply 16007/31/2013

Cheno is not naturally thin and her build has nothing to do with a fast metabolism. She is now a bobble head.

The Tiffany Menagerie is a truly beautiful, balanced production that approaches the challenge of presenting a "memory" play in a unique way. Hope it plays well in the larger space. In spite of wonderful performances all around, the star is the production itself.

by Anonymousreply 16107/31/2013

"Blanchett got good reviews for her terribly misguided performance as Blanche..."

I saw the production and thought her performance was superb, and Joel Edgerton's Stanley was very good as well. She was definitely different than the more ethereal Blanches you tend to see, but it worked. In fact, she reminided me of Ann-Margret's Blanche on TV which had a similar quality of someone who has a measure of toughness to have survived so far, but not enough in the end to save her.

What exactly did you think was "misguided?"

by Anonymousreply 16207/31/2013

Choreographer Andy Blankenbuehler.

Who's his bf?

by Anonymousreply 16307/31/2013

I also thought that the Popular "parody" was lame.

by Anonymousreply 16407/31/2013

I guess I was the ONLY person not to love the ART GLASS MENAGERIE. Cherry Jones was a little too "cartoon-y", Zachary Q a little too contemporary and Brian What-s-his-name a little too...um...gay for the Gentleman Caller.

Only Celia-Whatever-Whoever was pretty "right".

by Anonymousreply 16507/31/2013

R156. Uh Oh. Feels like Freddie is on the loose again.

by Anonymousreply 16607/31/2013

Fences was a good choice for Denzel--it hadn't been revived, he was more or less right for the part. Raisin is not a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 16707/31/2013

I got the exact same sinking feeling, r156. Let's just ignore.

by Anonymousreply 16807/31/2013

r 165 - I don't know if you're the only person who felt that way, but as someone who has seen many, many productions of the play, I felt they got it very right and was quite pleased with all the relationships and found the Gentleman Caller heartbreaking, when I normally despise him.

by Anonymousreply 16907/31/2013

Why was the Gentleman Caller heartbreaking, r169?

by Anonymousreply 17007/31/2013

Hunky Josh Lucas was the sexiest Gentleman Caller ever!

by Anonymousreply 17107/31/2013

Not R169 but any production of Glass Menagerie in which the wholesome, good-hearted Gentleman Caller breaks your heart is a very good production indeed. You can't sit and listen to what he says to Laura about the future of America and not be hit by the irony that America fell so short of what Williams was predicting. It's truly the character that speaks with such optimism and yet even as he exits he has unknowingly shattered the brief moments of happiness for Laura and any illusions Amanda had about a future for her daughter.

Didn't see Cherry Jones's Amanda and don't know if I'll get to see it in NYC while visiting but there is a reason that an actress with great comedic skills --not using them to GET laughs but just able to explore the comedic aspects of Amanda--often make the best Amanda. One of best I ever saw was best known as a comedienne. I wonder if that's why Laurette Taylor got to do the original???

by Anonymousreply 17207/31/2013

R166, R168- No, I'm not Fred. I just saw this on the Cheyenne Jackson thread and thought it was funny. Sorry. Hopefully it won't cause a return.

by Anonymousreply 17307/31/2013

memo to Denzel--how about opening a new play on Broadway

by Anonymousreply 17407/31/2013

Gurl!!!

by Anonymousreply 17507/31/2013

Listened to the "Love's Labour's Lost" songs on the Public's soundcloud. What an unmitigated pile of three-chord, twenty-words-per-measure crap. Just garbage. Is this what's passing for composing now?

by Anonymousreply 17607/31/2013

"YANK!" has turned out to be a rather prophetic title, hasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 17707/31/2013

I don't think KZ (or her anatomy) is a "gurllll" kind of girl.

by Anonymousreply 17807/31/2013

yup

by Anonymousreply 17907/31/2013

R172. I saw it at ART and Cherry Jones brings humanity to the role along with a wee bit of light comedy. It is a very well balanced thing she pulled off at ART. I hope the Booth can handle the staging nicely because it is beautifully rendered.

by Anonymousreply 18007/31/2013

Brenda Blethyn was quite a good Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 18107/31/2013

[quote]Brenda Blethyn was quite a good Amanda.

I would have loved to see that.

by Anonymousreply 18207/31/2013

Where and when did she do it?

by Anonymousreply 18307/31/2013

2008-ish, Manchester Exchange.

by Anonymousreply 18407/31/2013

Cheyenne's secret to a successful marriage (OPPSIE DOODLES!!)

by Anonymousreply 18507/31/2013

Denzel IS Mame!

by Anonymousreply 18607/31/2013

R162, what I thought was misguided about Blanchett was that she gave us Blanche's entire story before she spoke her first line with the shaking, mood swings and drinking. And then in the first scene when Blanche is reeking of alcohol and clearly out of her mind, when Stella doesn't mention it or commit her then, makes Stella into someone Williams didn't write. Blanchett wound up being one note since with this misguided opening she had nowhere to go. I thought Ann Margaret fell into the same trap. Blanche should be struggling to hold on at the beginning of the play, not already there as these women played her. I agree Edgerton and the woman who played Stella were excellent.

by Anonymousreply 18707/31/2013

Who here wants to see my Fanny?

by Anonymousreply 18807/31/2013

So was it Billy Magnusson the Tony nominee abandoning the ship?

by Anonymousreply 18907/31/2013

You don't have a fanny, dear.

by Anonymousreply 19007/31/2013

Isn't Billy's show scheduled to close at the end of the summer? I think the blind item was about an actor leaving an open ended run.

by Anonymousreply 19107/31/2013

Aren't those stars worried about getting murdered sleeping outside like that, R102? There are some psycho fans out there.

by Anonymousreply 19207/31/2013

Billy got a role in Into the Woods and the show closes in like 3 weeks or so anyway. The blind item was about a woman who supposedly is leaving a show saying it is a vacation but in actuality she isn't coming back.

by Anonymousreply 19307/31/2013

Benjamin McKenzie as the Gentleman Caller was divine. And so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 19407/31/2013

Billy's end is an open run, or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 19507/31/2013

Any word in Julie White in Vanya? I'm trying to decide if I want to see it this week before Billy leaves.

by Anonymousreply 19607/31/2013

Cheyenne left out: "We neither one are messed-up alcoholic drug users who get prison tattoos with our new former porn star boy toys."

by Anonymousreply 19707/31/2013

Why aren't Angela Lansbury and Elaine Stritch participating in the sleep out? Where are Alec Baldwin and Patti LuPone and Jan Maxwell?

by Anonymousreply 19808/01/2013

Is Blythe sleeping on the street? It is so hard to keep track of that dear woman nowadays. Is she still doing that musical where she only shows up 20 minutes prior to the curtain call?

by Anonymousreply 19908/01/2013

Nobody could be worse as Blanche than Vivian Leigh, who cannot act, and who gives exactly the performance you attribute to Cate Blanchett, r187. She starts totally bonkers, and she has nowhere to go.

It's important to see why anyone would like Blanche.

No possible way anyone would ever have liked Vivian Leigh.

by Anonymousreply 20008/01/2013

How much longer is FIRST DATE in previews? I'm ready to see that turkey try to fly.

by Anonymousreply 20108/01/2013

8/8 is the opening/slaughter.

by Anonymousreply 20208/01/2013

I'm surprised they let Zachary Levi take off for a week during the previews. That can't be a good omen.

by Anonymousreply 20308/01/2013

Zach HAD to go to Comic Con - he had it in his contract that he'd get the time off.

Not because he had anything to plug - CHUCK is dead - but because he'd been going for the past few years to plug CHUCK and get plugged himself, and he didn't want to miss his annual cornholing.

by Anonymousreply 20408/01/2013

Well, he also had his bit part in THOR 2 and his Nerd Machine "company" to plug. I'm just surprised anyone would sign a contract with a week off during previews in it.

by Anonymousreply 20508/01/2013

Elizabeth Ashley was a FANTASTIC Amanda. I saw it at ART I think...with Andrew McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 20608/01/2013

[quote]I'm surprised they let Zachary Levi take off for a week during the previews. That can't be a good omen.

He had prior commitments to promote his website stuff at Comic Con. It was probably put in the contract from the start....(although why they didn't wait until after August to start the show his pretty odd...I sort of feel they are just hoping for a brief run and then want to be able to sell the show to regionals and stuff...or the are just plain delusional)

by Anonymousreply 20708/01/2013

R200 has got to be tweaking, with those ludicrous statements, it's the only logical explanation.

by Anonymousreply 20808/01/2013

R133, what about ALec Baldwin? I say, "what about" not sarcastically; I - unable to get to NYC when he was in Streetcar - always wondered how he was. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 20908/01/2013

R142, I envy you! I would have been just a trifle TOO young to have seen that (I don't mean not born yet! mean, probably 9 or 10 AND didn't live near/in NYC) - wow! Especially would have loved to have seen Farentino onstage.

by Anonymousreply 21008/01/2013

[quote]Not because he had anything to plug - CHUCK is dead - but because he'd been going for the past few years to plug CHUCK and get plugged himself, and he didn't want to miss his annual cornholing.

Plus it was great chance to promote his new show. Everyone knows Zachary Levi's fan base and the Comic Con crowd will rush to his new Broadway musical. Right?

by Anonymousreply 21108/01/2013

[quote]what about ALec Baldwin? I say, "what about" not sarcastically; I - unable to get to NYC when he was in Streetcar - always wondered how he was. TIA.

The whole show s terrific. Jessica Lange Baldwin, Gandolfini, Aida Turturro and Amy Madigan. Great cast.

by Anonymousreply 21208/01/2013

From the Cheyenne is a sexed crazed, drugged tatted mess thread.

Here is the new tat on his other arm

by Anonymousreply 21308/01/2013

r200, I always felt that Vivien Leigh in "Streetcar" was stunt casting. Scarlett O'Hara hits the skids. I think she's all right. Her artificiality matches the artificiality of Brando, who I realize signified a sort of naturalism that was revolutionary at the time but who doesn't seem particularly real by today's standards.

by Anonymousreply 21408/01/2013

LOL R199- No that closed. And the original star Estelle Parsons returned for the last weeks of the run.

by Anonymousreply 21508/01/2013

R169 and everyone who saw The Glass Menagerie at ART: Is Brian Jacob Smith gay?

by Anonymousreply 21608/01/2013

r216

Do you imagine it was in his bio? Or they presented hole?

by Anonymousreply 21708/01/2013

The Liz Ashley Amanda at Hartford Stage was pretty great, have to admit.

It didn't move because another producer had an option that he intended to use with Jessica Lange in the role on Broadway.

Too bad because that was a really great performance. Ashley that is.

by Anonymousreply 21808/01/2013

Lois Nettleton was the best Amanda and Blanche

by Anonymousreply 21908/01/2013

Jay Z - Annie's Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)

by Anonymousreply 22008/01/2013

Saw soul doctor last night

WHY????

Theodore Bikel was in the audience. No kvelling from him!

by Anonymousreply 22108/01/2013

Jessica Lange's tepid Broadway Amanda also prevented Sally Field from coming to Broadway with the Kennedy Center production, in which she was supposed to have been superb.

The night I saw the Lange Streetcar, she played the entire performance like she was sleepwalking. It was the most numbing and lifeless performance imaginable. Alec was very hot then but he had nothing/no one to play against. Amy Madigan was not sexy enough for Stella.

I don't even remember James Gandolfini as Steve, but then, he hadn't done Sopranos yet. However, I do love me a hot bear so he must have been pretty bland on stage.

Streetcar and Glass Menagerie are such amazing plays, I fear most revivals can never live up to the play one imagines in their mind.

by Anonymousreply 22208/01/2013

Before the Tiffany Menagerie - ART had never attempted a Williams play, oddly enough.

by Anonymousreply 22308/01/2013

I know I missed something but why are people calling it the "Tiffany" Menagerie?

by Anonymousreply 22408/01/2013

Pre-Diane Paulus, ART was founded and run by Robert Brustein who had previously run the Yale School of Drama/Yale Repertory Theater and was never a fan of classic American drama unless it was highly politicized or written by Christopher Durang. Brustein and his ART were never into "commercial" theater.

by Anonymousreply 22508/01/2013

Too bad you didn't enjoy Lange, I did.

by Anonymousreply 22608/01/2013

Anyone else seen Love's Labour's Lost in the Park? Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 22708/01/2013

R165-

Since both Tom AND the gentleman caller are based on men who were homosexual, the performance makes absolute sense. The man the gentleman caller was based on was a professor at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, NJ.

However, when Dylan McDermott played Tom at the McCarter, he played him as a limp wristed queen, and it was so wrong, it was nauseating. He later said Emily Mann told him to play it as if he were Tennessee Williams. Nice work, Emily.

by Anonymousreply 22808/01/2013

From the Love's Labour's Lost thread on BroadwayWorld:

"Sure, Colin Donnell is cute, but he doesn't have the body to rock a wife-beater all night, and I think the costumer should have known that. His muffin top was peaking out all night. He's an attractive guy and he's obviously suppose to be the "hot one," so why not put him in something that shows that off?"

by Anonymousreply 22908/01/2013

Colin Donnell is very easy on the eye. Does he indulge in the man-flesh??

by Anonymousreply 23008/01/2013

r224 John Tiffany is the director of the ART production of The Glass Menagerie that is opening on Broadway in a few weeks. His staging is distinctive and it seems right to credit him rather than say "the Cherry version" to distinguish it from other productions of the play.

by Anonymousreply 23108/01/2013

Zelda, he's dating me, I even left my husband

by Anonymousreply 23208/01/2013

[quote] His muffin top was peaking out all night.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 23308/01/2013

Am I the only one who saw the 1975 Menagerie with Maureen Stapleton, Rip Torn, Paul Rudd, and Pamela Payton-Wright? Unmemorable. I had just moved to NYC and Rudd and Payton-Wright were the hottest young actors in town. We all know that she ended up as crazy Addie on One Life to Live; I just read that Rudd died about three years ago.

by Anonymousreply 23408/01/2013

Wasn't Rip Torn a little old for Menagerie by 1975?

by Anonymousreply 23508/01/2013

R235, Tom is often middle aged. It is a memory play.

by Anonymousreply 23608/01/2013

I know the original guy was ancient, but I didn't know it continued as a casting choice. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 23708/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 23808/01/2013

ANNIE closing in January.

by Anonymousreply 23908/01/2013

I guess they're hoping a closing announcement for January will jump start the box office and allow them to actually last that long.

by Anonymousreply 24008/01/2013

[234] Paul Rudd is NOT dead.

by Anonymousreply 24108/01/2013

how do you know? Have you seen him today?

by Anonymousreply 24208/01/2013

Breaking News: Craig Bierko and Jill Paice to Join MATILDA on September 3

by Anonymousreply 24308/01/2013

Theater Of The Stars (Atlanta) has canceled their 2013-2014 season....

by Anonymousreply 24408/01/2013

I saw that 70s Menagerie, too! I agree, it was bad. Maureen Stapleton was too earthy for Amanda, Rip was way too old and ragged for Tom and watching that play in the round (with the dozing audience as backdrop) does nothing for its purported faded memory qualities.

I always wondered why that first Paul Rudd left the business. Though he may never have reached real stardom, he was a constantly working and highly respected actor who was aging well (and former After Dark Cover Boy).

by Anonymousreply 24508/01/2013

LMAO, R217.

by Anonymousreply 24608/01/2013

Yes, (R222) Sally Field was really something in that Kennedy Center Menagerie. One of my all time favorite performances. I'm glad I made the trip to see it.

Between that and The Goat, Sally really showed some stage chops. Too bad crazy Betty Buckley got the axe and Sally abandoned "The Theatre" for The Sally Field Show-- aka Brothers and Sisters outside of DL.

by Anonymousreply 24708/01/2013

The Paul Rudd I saw in Menagerie is most certainly deceased.

It's a different Paul Rudd, 241.

Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 24808/01/2013

[248] Please Google "Die in a grease fire" and act on it!

by Anonymousreply 24908/01/2013

Do I know who I am??

by Anonymousreply 25008/01/2013

I don't even know who you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 25108/01/2013

R239: there is a God! And Lapine won't collect any more royalties once it closes. Hahahahahahahahhahahahahah! Fuck whatever asshole producer hired HIM (or the Hannigans.)

by Anonymousreply 25208/01/2013

Sorry; mean to say, the Harrigans.

Dorothy Loudon rules!

by Anonymousreply 25308/01/2013

CHrist. Sorry - IS Hannigan, right? (sorry, am on meds; I'll go away (for a while) now...

by Anonymousreply 25408/01/2013

Dorothy Loudon stole my husband!

by Anonymousreply 25508/01/2013

[254] = Chyenne Jackson

by Anonymousreply 25608/01/2013

[quote]ANNIE closing in January.

Broadway is a hard knock life.

by Anonymousreply 25708/01/2013

Who else can Faith replace? Craig Bierko in Matilda?

by Anonymousreply 25808/01/2013

Craig Bierko looks fat.

by Anonymousreply 25908/01/2013

r259 = Christopher Sieber

by Anonymousreply 26008/01/2013

Dorothy Loudon was the Sarah Paulson of her day!

by Anonymousreply 26108/01/2013

[quote] Too bad crazy Betty Buckley got the axe and Sally abandoned "The Theatre" for The Sally Field Show-- aka Brothers and Sisters outside of DL.

Surely you mean the Sally Field Programme. It is iconic and special and must be mentioned by its true name.

by Anonymousreply 26208/01/2013

Michael Feinstein's doing a show with special guests Christine Ebersole AND Betty Buckley.

I wonder if Ebersole will dare try and hog all the good material...

by Anonymousreply 26308/01/2013

TWO CRAZY BITCHES! ONE STAGE!

And we don't mean Big Edie and Little Edie!

BUCKLEY!

EBERSOLE!

WELLBUTRIN!!

by Anonymousreply 26408/01/2013

What? Mikey's not inviting his BFF Cheyenne?

by Anonymousreply 26508/01/2013

Maybe Feinstein's one of those anti-tattoo Jews.

by Anonymousreply 26608/01/2013

Am I the only one who remembers Julie Harris as Amanda at the old Roundabout? With a pre-Ally McBeal Calista Flockhart as a retarded Laura and Zelko Ivanek (sp) as the gayest, lisping-est Tom since.... Tennessee Williams.

That production was hell to watch. Even Julie Harris (a true goddess of the theater) couldn't save it.

by Anonymousreply 26708/02/2013

R200, i think you've expressed your idiotic, clueless opinion of Vivien Leigh's performance in STREETCAR before, and it's no less idiotic and clueless now. P.S., at least learn how to spell her first name correctly if you're going to comment on her, penis breath.

by Anonymousreply 26808/02/2013

Julie White is excellent in Vanya, Sonia, etc.

by Anonymousreply 26908/02/2013

Thank you R271.

While I agree everyone's entitled to their opinion, R200 is just so mindlessly stupid his posts are the DL equivalent of air pollution.

by Anonymousreply 27008/02/2013

Poor r 249 can't handle it when his own stupidity is pointed out to him.

by Anonymousreply 27108/02/2013

Maybe I'm drunk but I think the Hartford Stage production of GLASS MENAGERIE with Liz Ashely and Andrew McCarthy (With awesome music by John Gromada) moved from there to ART in Boston. I swear I saw the play in Boston and went to Harvest for dinner. ?? Anyway...Ashley was the definitive Amanda. I was bowled over.

by Anonymousreply 27208/02/2013

The Jessica Tandy Glass Menagerie on Broadway in the 90's (?) was really dull.

I'd loved to have seen Glenn Close play Stella at the McCarter in Princeton c. 1979. I think she could have been definitive in that role. I gather she played Blanche at the Royal National Theater but the production wasn't very good.

Why can't Denzel do something of Athol Fugard's instead of Raisin in the Sun?

by Anonymousreply 27308/02/2013

Liz Ashley was also supposedly a brilliant Princess Kosmonopolis in Sweet Bird of Youth in DC's Shakespeare Theater back in the 1990s.

Now that is a role she was born to play (as well as Maggie in Cat, which I did see). And opposite her was the hunky young Michael Hayden fresh from his LCT Carousel triumph.

The TW estate forbid the production from moving to Broadway for some reason. I think they were holding out for bigger star names.

WEHT Michael Hayden?

by Anonymousreply 27408/02/2013

Has anyone read (sorry, I'm too stupid to figure out how to link) story in today, Fri's, NY Times about how Hollywood is just dying to make MORE films into musicals? The horror, the horror...

by Anonymousreply 27508/02/2013

According to some crazies on Broadway World Andrea Martin is going to be out of Pippin for the entire month of August. What's going on? Not only that but she's got a name (sort of) replacement: Tovah Feldshuh, the Woman Who will Do Anything for Money. Will she return to Terri Fairchild for this walk-on?

by Anonymousreply 27608/02/2013

Is Andrea the one who is getting fired, based on the blind item upthread?

by Anonymousreply 27708/02/2013

Michael Hayden is doing Double Indemnity at the Old Globe

by Anonymousreply 27808/02/2013

I hope they don't give him a Barbara Stanwyck wig.

by Anonymousreply 27908/02/2013

[quote]Is Andrea the one who is getting fired, based on the blind item upthread?

Now THAT would be a scandal.

by Anonymousreply 28008/02/2013

R280. I wouldn't think Andrea had been fired. I know everyone talks about the "new" 66, but she still rides the buses for free, and even though the role is a tiny one, Diane Paulus has given her tons of business, and she may just be finding it stressful. Hope it's nothing else. I've rarely seen a performer have an audience so much in her hands as Andrea did the day I saw the show. She was even better than I could have imagined.

by Anonymousreply 28108/02/2013

[quote]Michael Hayden is doing Double Indemnity

I read this as Michael Hayden is getting double penetrated...

by Anonymousreply 28208/02/2013

I am wrong in remembering Martin had cancer?

by Anonymousreply 28308/02/2013

BroadwayWorld finally has a feature story on Faith Prince in ANNIE!

BTW were critics not invited back to see her?

by Anonymousreply 28408/02/2013

As far as I know, critics have not yet been invited back to ANNIE for Faith.

by Anonymousreply 28508/02/2013

I'll never forget John Simon on Amanda Plummer as Laura in the Jessica Tandy "Menagerie": "...with a face that could launch a thousand cigar boxes..."

by Anonymousreply 28608/02/2013

R289. Sometimes Simon could call things brilliantly. He also once did a riff on Maureen Stapleton's dirty ankles. Could have been in Toys in the Attic. Anybody...?

by Anonymousreply 28708/02/2013

John Simon was a mean, misogynistic critic, but he was also the first thing I read whenever the New York magazine arrived in my mailbox. I can't imagine somebody would now be able to get away with what the things he used to say.

by Anonymousreply 28808/02/2013

R284: are you being facetious? is Andrea Martin literally riding busses in NYC for free?? I'm a number of years younger than 66, but I'm getting excited about visiting again someday (lived there in the 80's, sigh)

by Anonymousreply 28908/02/2013

Does anyone know where Romeo and Juliet company is rehearsing? I'm trying to track down an old friend in the cast.

No, I'm not an Orlando Bloom troll.

by Anonymousreply 29008/02/2013

I beiieve yuo r293

by Anonymousreply 29108/02/2013

R191. Dear Possibly Clueless. No, not literally for free. I believe it's actually half price for old souls. Who'd have dreamt that someone would read DL for such information, instead of the fabulous (kidding) theater chitchat that currently passes for gossip. What a hoot. In the words of Magda Sorel in The Consul: "To this we've come," although she meant something quite different.

by Anonymousreply 29208/02/2013

try facebook r293

by Anonymousreply 29308/02/2013

R & J is probably rehearsing at the studios next to Roundabout's American Airlines Theater. Sorry, forgetting the name of that space.

Security is very tough there so don't think you can just waltz in r293.

by Anonymousreply 29408/02/2013

Thanks r297.

It's New 42 Studios. I was going to hang out in front and surprise my friend.

by Anonymousreply 29508/02/2013

Guys, the PIPPIN bootleg video is awesome. Crystal clear. And both Andrea and Orion are in! You collectors will want to get it.

by Anonymousreply 29608/02/2013

Maybe this should be its own thread, but I'm too tired to start one.

What are some opinions of Vanya's big breakdown speech in act two of Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike. I liked it, but I have a friend who says it's just pandering to a Broadway audience who share his opinions.

Can it be both good & pandering?

by Anonymousreply 29708/02/2013

Will Vanya etc. have a life beyond the stage?

by Anonymousreply 29808/02/2013

M, you'd actually be great as Masha!

by Anonymousreply 29908/02/2013

Should I allow Kristine Nielsen to repeat her triumph on film?

by Anonymousreply 30008/02/2013

R300. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 30108/02/2013

[quote]Should I allow Kristine Nielsen to repeat her triumph on film?

Of course. Think of how thin you will look standing next to her!

by Anonymousreply 30208/02/2013

Isn't Ms. Gummer a tad old for Masha? I'm not sure how senior Kristine is, but Merle seems several years older even than Kristine. Of course, it would give her a chance at yet another impersonation, this time Dame Maggie.

It's Friday, 7pm . Where's PrimeTime???

by Anonymousreply 30308/02/2013

M, you should replace DHP with your usual supporting male, Stanley Tucci.

And replace Nielsen with the REAL Maggie Smith.

Just keep Billy Magnussen - you'll LOVE working with him on INTO THE WOODS...

by Anonymousreply 30408/02/2013

Kristine Nielson won't do a thing for darling Meryl's figure. She needs to stand next to Barbara Cook if she wants to look thin.

by Anonymousreply 30508/02/2013

" I liked it, but I have a friend who says it's just pandering to a Broadway audience who share his opinions.

Can it be both good & pandering?"

No. I posted my strong dislike of the speech in a pre-TONY awards thread. The speech obviously charmed most of the critics; most are around Vanya's age and have a similar sex-deprived gay temperament.

Basically I found the speech a mourning cry for an all-white wasp-dominated world. I found the entire play funny in spots but otherwise beyond vile. How in 2013 a play can get produced - and find great success - with such a reliance on the offensive "Magic Negro" character is beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 30608/02/2013

OMG Clay Aiken's photo in Joseph at Ogonquit has just landed on Broadway World. (Can't link; too challenged, but go there BEFORE you eat.) Remember what Rumer Willis used to look like? Well, there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 30708/02/2013

Gaykin

by Anonymousreply 30808/02/2013

Clay Aiken, finally becoming the woman he's always dreamed of being...

by Anonymousreply 30908/02/2013

R311. Thanks for the link. Was I kidding?

by Anonymousreply 31008/02/2013

I honestly think Gaykin looks like a Mike Meyers parody character in those pics.

by Anonymousreply 31108/02/2013

Why doesn't Ellen Greene work more? Is she difficult and/or crazy? Is she independently wealthy or married well?

by Anonymousreply 31208/02/2013

Her pussy smells like crotch rot, R315!!!!

by Anonymousreply 31308/02/2013

[quote]Why doesn't Ellen Greene work more? Is she difficult and/or crazy? Is she independently wealthy or married well?

divorced twice, crazy as beans, looks really odd nowadays, wears her hair in that odd Louise Brooks/Sally Bowles style

by Anonymousreply 31408/02/2013

Tim Rice is going to have to drastically alter the lyric "I look handsome, I look smart, I am a walking work of art." It was a lousy lyric, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 31508/02/2013

After seeing those photos of Clay, I finally know what happened to Valerie Mahaffey.

by Anonymousreply 31608/03/2013

Gaykin was never a beauty, but I bet he sings the hell out of that score.

by Anonymousreply 31708/03/2013

I feel pretty!

by Anonymousreply 31808/03/2013

Clayken needs to team up with Charles Busch. Maybe a stage version of Straitjacket?

by Anonymousreply 31908/03/2013

The "score" to JOSEPH is a pile of dung so there's nothing for Gaykin to "sing the shit" out of. It's not even a musical. It's that dreaded British anomaly: a pageant (hence the over reliance in a narrator to tell instead of show) and a particularly facile, juvenile pageant, at that.

by Anonymousreply 32008/03/2013

Isn't that the same wig he wore in SPAMALOT? It was funny in the context of that show. But here...?

by Anonymousreply 32108/03/2013

Choreographer, Andy Blankenbuehler

Who's his bf?

by Anonymousreply 32208/03/2013

[quote]Who's his bf?

Kathleen Chalfant's gf's brother.

by Anonymousreply 32308/03/2013

And they all know where the Michael Arden cock shots are hidden.

by Anonymousreply 32408/03/2013

R327 = Faith Prince, still waiting for somebody to review her Hannigan

by Anonymousreply 32508/03/2013

Clayken would be fabulous in Jackie Rogers Jr: The Musical.

by Anonymousreply 32608/03/2013

[quote]The "score" to JOSEPH is a pile of dung so there's nothing for Gaykin to "sing the shit" out of. It's not even a musical. It's that dreaded British anomaly: a pageant (hence the over reliance in a narrator to tell instead of show) and a particularly facile, juvenile pageant, at that.

Fuck you, Mr. Sondheim

by Anonymousreply 32708/03/2013

Gayken and Charles Busch would be PERFECT as the Hilton Sisters in the revival of SIDE SHOW.

by Anonymousreply 32808/03/2013

God help the MD/arranger trying to work out the keys.

by Anonymousreply 32908/03/2013

How's Rory's new liver?

by Anonymousreply 33008/03/2013

Rory's new liver could appear on the fresh okra thread. There's really very little difference between them.

by Anonymousreply 33108/03/2013

For those who missed Blanchett's performance as Blanche in STREETCAR, you can see it again now on the big screen.

The movie's called BLUE JASMINE. Bobby Cannavale plays Stanley.

by Anonymousreply 33208/03/2013

[quote]Gayken and Charles Busch would be PERFECT as the Hilton Sisters in the revival of SIDE SHOW.

That might be the only bit of casting that could ever compel me to see that show again.

by Anonymousreply 33308/03/2013

Meryl is one year older than Sigourney.

by Anonymousreply 33408/03/2013

Yes, but in dog years, that's...

by Anonymousreply 33508/03/2013

[quote]Clayken would be fabulous in Jackie Rogers Jr: The Musical.

That's kind of genius.

by Anonymousreply 33608/03/2013

PIPPIN question--

why did Matthew James Thomas dye his hair blonde?

by Anonymousreply 33708/03/2013

I think Thomas is naturally fair. He has been dying it darker. Hey may even be a closet ginge, like Mr Orfay.

by Anonymousreply 33808/03/2013

R341. So he could cross the road without having his Pavarotti black locks laughed at? He also had it carrot top red at Broadway Barks.

by Anonymousreply 33908/03/2013

BroadwayWorld.com queens in a tizzy because Andrea Martin is taking a month off. It's hilarious how they think it's really any of their business and are so offended.

by Anonymousreply 34008/03/2013

Anyone see Ramin Karimloo show at Subculture?

by Anonymousreply 34108/03/2013

Is Tovah really replacing Andrea Martin? The cast will hate her and pay the bolero boy to drop her on her ass.

by Anonymousreply 34208/03/2013

Seth R must know whats going on with Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 34308/03/2013

Speaking of taking a month off in PIPPIN, do we know what kind of injury hunky Orion Griffiths sustained resulting in his month long absence from the show? God, he has a beautiful body!

by Anonymousreply 34408/03/2013

r343 - thanks for the link - I never go to that site, yet I have been posting here forever. Well that thread is TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 34508/03/2013

It's interesting that Broadway World has a very popular thread about Andrea Martin's month-long absence from Pippin, but on ATC there hasn't been so much as a peep. Did Ann censor that one too, or is Dramedy asleep or is he trying to figure out how Andrea's absence will affect the weekly nut?

by Anonymousreply 34608/03/2013

Re- that pic at R21, was the costume designer trying to tell us something? It's basically a giant rainbow flag underneath that Navajo blanket outer sheath.

by Anonymousreply 34708/03/2013

I love that lyric, R318. I think it perfectly shows that Joseph when young was a douchey entitled prick, and balances things out between him and his brothers. If he'd been a sweetheart, then why the hell would he forgive them for selling him?

by Anonymousreply 34808/03/2013

R330: Fuck you "Lord" Webber.

by Anonymousreply 34908/03/2013

No matter how he sings. Clay is too old and fat to be the youngest brother. This is the WORST kind of pandering and stunt casting. Hope the theatre loses money and prestige

by Anonymousreply 35008/03/2013

How come nobody knows who Choreographer, Andy Blankenbuehler bf is.

Is he that discreet?

by Anonymousreply 35108/03/2013

r353

Were you picketing The Book of Mormon while Andrew Rannells was in the cast?

by Anonymousreply 35208/03/2013

What's with the obsessive Blankenbuehler troll? He's straight. I worked with him. Nice guy. Intense, but nice.

by Anonymousreply 35308/03/2013

R356 did you make a pass at him and he told you he was straight?

by Anonymousreply 35408/03/2013

btw why is Clay fat?

They say guys turn to food when they can't get laid.

by Anonymousreply 35508/03/2013

[quote]No matter how he sings. Clay is too old and fat to be the youngest brother. This is the WORST kind of pandering and stunt casting. Hope the theatre loses money and prestige

I hardly think the casting of a production of JOSEPH, of all shows, merits taking offense. The story theatre concept of it allows you to do whatever crap you like. It ain't art. Casting can't ruin it.

by Anonymousreply 35608/03/2013

Yup

by Anonymousreply 35708/03/2013

I just saw ""Vanya and Sonia..." today, and it was as I suspected a broad, vaudeville for educated theater lovers, who don't demand too much of a play and are content to be "in" on the jokes. So, with those expectations and a love of Durang, I had a pretty good time, but.....

OHMYGAWD! Billy Magnussen gave one of the shittiest, hammiest, broadest, lamest performances I've seen on a Broadway stage, and he was nominated for a Tony Award! I get it, Spike is DUMB, so of course Billy enters with the trademarked (since Mrs. Fiske's era) "I'm dumb!" look on his face, walking as if even his limbs are dumb. He plays Spike exactly how every other shitty actor plays a dumb character! His performance is so loud, boorish, unimaginative, and "on the nose", it would give "Saved By the Bell" a run for its money in the acting department. Also the young actress (from JUILLIARD!) playing Nina is chirpy, one-note, and awful too. I mean, has either one of them considered playing their characters like human beings? I haven't seen such hammy amateurish performances since my community theater production of The Music Man in 1980, which really wasn't half bad!

Julie White is fun, but miscast. She's not pretty enough to be believable in the role. And what's with the shepherd's crook with her Snow White costume? Nobody calls her on it? She says she was mistaken for Little Bo Peep, at the costume party I think, but nobody corrects Masha that Snow White was never a shepherd.

Vanya's rant is ok, but it comes out of nowhere. It seems completely out of character to boot. If it had all been done at half the ferocity and volume, it could have worked a lot better.

Durang's writing is so stylized yet the performances need to do very little of that work. It's already in the writing. This is not a very good play at all, but it's still fun when done well.

I just can't get over how lousy Billy Magnussen was. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 35808/03/2013

Is Gayken still with that chorus boy he met while doing SPAMALOT on Broadway?

by Anonymousreply 35908/03/2013

"The 'score' to JOSEPH is a pile of dung."

Really? I think the score of JOSEPH is thousands of miles better than anything ALW wrote after EVITA.

by Anonymousreply 36008/03/2013

R363: That's not saying much. EVITA's crap music, too. And another pageant (not a musical) that Prince basically saved with the same "bridge" staging he eventually fell back on for everything.

Then, "McEnough" stole it for JERSY BOYS.

by Anonymousreply 36108/04/2013

Clench it in for as long as you can while holding your breath. Two days ought to do it.

by Anonymousreply 36308/04/2013

r365 = Jeremy Jordan

by Anonymousreply 36408/04/2013

No, R367, more like John Barrowman. He lost the chance to be in a men's cologne commercial because he said something stupid in US Weekly like "Sometimes I just like to push out a big fart."

by Anonymousreply 36508/04/2013

The score to Joseph is not better than the score to The Beautiful Game (2000).

by Anonymousreply 36608/04/2013

The actress playing Nina was originally the understudy, but the original Nina got let out of her contract.

Billy Magnussen got swept up in the Vanya love, plus the category was pretty weak this year. Does anyone think Courtney B Vance gave a Tony-worthy performance in Lucky Guy? I barely remembered he was in the show. He had nothing to do.

I think Magnussen's performance is better than you think, though. He makes Spike, who is really a jerk, into a very charming character. You can see why Vanya has a crush on him.

You can also literally see why, too. His underwear is so tight that you can tell he's circumcised. And his body is incredible.

I wonder what his understudy's body looks like, since Magnussen is leaving the show on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 36708/04/2013

The departing Tony nominee is apparently the woman who plays Diana Ross in Motown.

Don't know where or why she is going.

by Anonymousreply 36808/04/2013

I give this marriage 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 36908/04/2013

Creed Garnick is the understudy for Spike in Spike Vanya et al.

Not sure if he's taking the role, but this is a photo of him...

by Anonymousreply 37008/04/2013

[quote]No matter how he sings. Clay is too old and fat to be the youngest brother. This is the WORST kind of pandering and stunt casting. Hope the theatre loses money and prestige

Wow, you're a little ball of creepy aren't cha?

by Anonymousreply 37108/04/2013

They lost all prestige by doing JOSEPH in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 37208/04/2013

R372- Is that trashy tat on her arm real?

by Anonymousreply 37308/04/2013

Going by the photos, it looks like Annaleigh Ashford married Andrew Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 37408/04/2013

Creed, the u/s who's taking over as Spike, has gone on several times and he's said to be every bit as good as Billy.

by Anonymousreply 37508/04/2013

Interesting that R356 has clammed up when asked if Andy ever made a pass at him.

by Anonymousreply 37608/04/2013

[quote]Annaleigh Ashford and Joe Tapper were married at the Devil's Thumb ranch in Colorado

Colorado? Colorado? But she was just Tony nominated in "Kinky Boots"! How DARE she take time off to get married. She has a contract, she has people wanting to see her Tony nominated performance. I am so pissed she could be so selfish I will NEVER wait at the stage door for her again.

by Anonymousreply 37708/04/2013

Let's talk about Rachelle Rak... Dropped out of Pippin where she was going to u/s Fastrada to take a featured role in Flashdance which was, allegedly, heading toward Broadway but seemed doomed from the start. She left that and recently played a supporting role in a stock production of Sweet Charity. She came off as more than just 'Sass'y in that ACL documentary but was perfectly likeable when she guested on Dance Moms. She also finally played Sheila in ACL at Papermill but kinda proved the producers right for not casting her in the broadway revival. What's her deal?

by Anonymousreply 37808/04/2013

[quote] What's her deal?

The jokes write themselves.

by Anonymousreply 37908/04/2013

R381 = obviously not one of Rachelle's customers.

by Anonymousreply 38008/04/2013

Why are you guys protecting choreographer Andy Blankenbuehler?

by Anonymousreply 38108/04/2013

Because Kathleen Chalfant told us to...

by Anonymousreply 38208/04/2013

R385. Who is sitting on the Michael Arden dick pix for fun and profit.

by Anonymousreply 38308/04/2013

So how often does Nicky Martin get to suck Creed's dick? Every time Creed goes on, ya think?

by Anonymousreply 38408/04/2013

R381-- d r u g s.

by Anonymousreply 38508/04/2013

Rak landed a gig as a judge on Abby Lee Miller's new dance show.

She also has a website. Just Google, dears.

by Anonymousreply 38608/04/2013

Who wants to see Rachelle's Rak?

by Anonymousreply 38708/04/2013

Her Rak was on view in "Thou Shalt Not", when she played a corpse in the morgue who got fondled by Craig Bierko.

by Anonymousreply 38808/04/2013

That scene was cut in previews the week after 9/11, R391. Susan Stroman recently discussed it in a long BroadwayWorld interview, actually.

by Anonymousreply 38908/04/2013

Craig Bierko fondling a lady? Now, there's a laugh...

by Anonymousreply 39008/04/2013

The piece on Annaleigh's wedding was a pr triumph. Three quarters of a page for a little-known couple. Must have been a slow wedding day.

That being said, I know the groom and he's one of the sweetest guys ever. I hope the marriage lasts.

by Anonymousreply 39108/04/2013

who the fuck is Rachelle Rak??? Jesus, and why do you people care?

by Anonymousreply 39208/04/2013

Oh get you, R394 - bitchy and attempted sincerity in the same post. What a personal triumph for you!

by Anonymousreply 39308/04/2013

R386. You should've put a period after "dick."

by Anonymousreply 39408/04/2013

R395 = flyover frau. Everyone in NY familiar with the Broadway scene knows The Rak, and many have been her customers.

by Anonymousreply 39508/04/2013

"She also finally played Sheila in ACL at Papermill but kinda proved the producers right for not casting her in the broadway revival."

Why - was her performance generally disliked? I thought she made a better Sheila than Deidre Goodwin. But I didn't read any reviews or discuss it with anyone else who saw it, so maybe everyone else hated her and I'm in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 39608/04/2013

Has r165 farted yet? I'm starting to worry.

by Anonymousreply 39708/04/2013

R399 = Rachelle's mother.

by Anonymousreply 39808/04/2013

Does anyone know where the 20% off seats for Pippin that show up on the so-called Half Price ticket board are located? Are they rear side orchestra or are they the allegedly cheap tickets in the rear mezzanine? Interesting that they usually have tickets to unload, even at 20% off.

by Anonymousreply 39908/04/2013

SHREK!

by Anonymousreply 40008/04/2013

Not quite, R403. Nice try.

SHREK: THE MUSICAL!

by Anonymousreply 40108/04/2013

anyone got the scoop on Chita's upcoming anniversary/tribute/bday/whatever show? Is it a rehash of The Dancer's Life or will we get some good dish and Chita's best numbers?

by Anonymousreply 40208/04/2013

Caroline O'Connor rumoured to be doing Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

by Anonymousreply 40308/04/2013

He's hot, R373. Anybody know him? Gay? Straight?

by Anonymousreply 40408/04/2013

[quote]Does anyone know where the 20% off seats for Pippin that show up on the so-called Half Price ticket board are located? Are they rear side orchestra or are they the allegedly cheap tickets in the rear mezzanine? Interesting that they usually have tickets to unload, even at 20% off.

They are in front of wherever Andrea Martin usually performs onstage since she'll be out for a month.

by Anonymousreply 40508/04/2013

Rachelle is a hot druggie mess. Sober my ass! She was too stoned to remember how to play Shelia for callbacks. They asked her to play it like she played it before and she couldn't remember.

She stunk up 'Catch me if you can' but fortunately she wasn't on stage long enough to do too much damage to that shitfest. She had plenty of time to deal dawg to the stagehands.

She needs to go back to joisey wit her husband and stay there. no one needs her and no one wants her.

by Anonymousreply 40708/04/2013

Don't blame Rachelle Rak for "Catch Me If You Can". She was the least of that show's problems.

And for the poster who doesn't know who she is: Google is your friend. Embrace the light, not the ignorance. She's one of the great characters in theater right now, and in a world of milquetoast performers galore, she is needed.

by Anonymousreply 40808/05/2013

really r411? Seems like just a chorus girl.

by Anonymousreply 40908/05/2013

Rachelle is lucky people don't know her as 'Rachel York'. She's so insignificant no one (except her husband furiously posting here) knows how to spell her name. She and her Steven Tyler jaw and her ancient paunches have not been 'needed' since the invention of Narcan.

by Anonymousreply 41108/05/2013

I'm seeing KINKY BOOTS in 2 weeks. WIth AA on her honeymoon and Billy Porter flaunting all over Fire Island, will I see any of the original cast?

by Anonymousreply 41208/05/2013

Tory Ross is a hoot and a holler in a supporting role. You'll enjoy the show regardless of cast. Enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 41308/05/2013

R415 I hope you don't. The originals were horrible Porter's gross over the top Ru Paul imitation particularly bad.

by Anonymousreply 41408/05/2013

R417 - Billy Porter won the 2013 TONY Award for Best Actor in a Musical. He has a long and respected career and is a beloved member of the Broadway community.

by Anonymousreply 41508/05/2013

Bridges of Madison County is awfully good already. The score is gorgeous. Elena Shaddow (sp?) is absolutely wonderful. Too bad NYC won't get to see her. The Bridge could be more attractive however, It's suppose to be a romantic setting and the thing is a few ugly 2x4s. The show is cross between Piazza and Once - better music than Piazza, but not yet as emotionally moving as Once.

by Anonymousreply 41608/05/2013

R418-

Doesn't mean he doesn't suck in the role.

by Anonymousreply 41708/05/2013

[quote]Doesn't mean he doesn't suck in the role

And it doesn't mean he sucks in the role just because YOU think so. There are a 11 thousand plus a week jamming the Hirschfield who are loving his performance.

by Anonymousreply 41808/05/2013

So what if Porter won a Tony? Benigni has an Oscar. It's an embarrassment for both institutions.

by Anonymousreply 41908/05/2013

Is Porter likely to be inflicted on the West End as well?

by Anonymousreply 42008/05/2013

You are an embarrassment to Datalounge R22.

by Anonymousreply 42108/05/2013

only self haters say "queens" r22

by Anonymousreply 42208/05/2013

Girls, please. People have different opinions of different performers. THere were millions who thought John Wayne was a good actor, deserving of an Oscar. HOpefully people on this board are sophisticated enough to know better. WIth that in mind, there are bound to be performers who we love; others who we hate.

Much like people like/dislike short dancers, like/dislike redheads, etc.

I would hope that anyone on this board would know that the Tonys, like Oscars, Emmys, ANY award: often give awards for reasons other than particular excellence in a particular role. I haven't seen Kinky Boots or Billy Porter, but after I read enough times, here and elsewhere, that he's a "trooper": that kind of makes competence in the role:

an afterthought?

I saw "Every Little Step" several times on cable and thought in the case of the Sheila and the Cassie, very competent, professional, "safe" performers were cast. Probably both Rak and the Hispanic girl (I am sorry; don't remember her name; am sure she's well-known here (I don't get out much) who came in 2nd for Cassie: would have each been more fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 42308/05/2013

choreographer Andy Blankenbuehler

Who is his bf?

THIS SHIT IS TIRED

by Anonymousreply 42508/05/2013

R428 then answer the question

by Anonymousreply 42608/05/2013

Oops. The Hall Monitor has spoken! And she is not pleased.

by Anonymousreply 42708/05/2013

If no one has answered the question by now, R427/429, then it is likely that:

A) NOBODY KNOWS

B) HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE

by Anonymousreply 42808/05/2013

R431 somebody knows

This is Datalounge after all.

Where were you during the Kathleen Chalfant discussions?

by Anonymousreply 42908/05/2013

I was here R432..and finding THAT as annoying as fuck too.

by Anonymousreply 43008/05/2013

Blankenbuehler is straight, married with two kids.

by Anonymousreply 43108/05/2013

R433. Then why don't you provide the nectar of gossip rather than try to be in charge? You're so crabby. Contribute!

by Anonymousreply 43208/05/2013

[quote] Blankenbuehler is straight, married with two kids.

Like Tom Cruise?

by Anonymousreply 43308/05/2013

That was NOT me at R435

by Anonymousreply 43408/05/2013

[quote]the Hispanic girl (I am sorry; don't remember her name; am sure she's well-known here (I don't get out much) who came in 2nd for Cassie

Nastcia Diaz

by Anonymousreply 43508/05/2013

Um............about Ms. Rak, ACL and Every Little Step. The documentary wasn't filmed with secret spy cams. They knew they were being recorded. I'm talking about Ms. Rak when the cameras were not rolling.

You cannot be naive enough to assume the documentary was a comprehensive view of the process, can you?

by Anonymousreply 43608/05/2013

OK, whores, should I book tickets for Big Fish or not? I refuse to believe that Lippa has written something interesting.

by Anonymousreply 43708/05/2013

Unlike the life of a closeted Hollywood star, I don't think there's any pressure to be straight in the Broadway choreography world. I think he happens to like snatch. Sorry, "who's his BF" troll.

by Anonymousreply 43808/05/2013

Blankebueller's boyfriend is Chey-Chey Jackson!

by Anonymousreply 43908/05/2013

R419 Would Elena consider standing by for Kelli?

by Anonymousreply 44008/05/2013

Are Maureen Moore and Betty Buckley the only 'Junes' who went on to play Rose?

by Anonymousreply 44208/05/2013

I forgot BP.

by Anonymousreply 44308/05/2013

We forgot Bernadette as well.

by Anonymousreply 44408/05/2013

R353 I just saw Clay and he is not in the least old or fat.

by Anonymousreply 44508/05/2013

Didn't Patti play June at Jones Beach as a child?

by Anonymousreply 44608/05/2013

R449 Yes, in the dunes at the far end.

by Anonymousreply 44708/05/2013

I think Patti played Louise in high school or sumpin.

Jana Robbins who's played Rose a number of times played Louise opposite Dolores G at Papermill as well as Mazeppa on Broadway and Papermill.

by Anonymousreply 44808/05/2013

OMG it just occurred to me....where the hell is Ann Jillian?!?!

by Anonymousreply 44908/05/2013

Don't think Ann works anymore. Been married for years. Breast cancer survivor. Looked fabulous in bangs.

Call me crazy but I always hoped she'd play Rose one day.

by Anonymousreply 45008/05/2013

STFU and lick me all night long.

by Anonymousreply 45108/06/2013

Don't bother. It's scales are all wet. It stinks from the head. Ot sounds like third-rate Finn. There are no dancing gills. The concept is poached. And it hasn't got legs.

by Anonymousreply 45208/06/2013

That was for R440.

by Anonymousreply 45308/06/2013

My eye landed on r453 as I was skimming the thread, and I assumed he was talking about Ann Miner!

by Anonymousreply 45408/06/2013

Is Finn Wittrock's last name pronounced "Wit-rock" or "Wi-trock"? Or maybe "Wi-truck"?

by Anonymousreply 45508/06/2013

Rachelle Rak deals smack!

by Anonymousreply 45608/06/2013

Knock it off, R459. This thread is probably already flagged for deletion.

by Anonymousreply 45708/06/2013

Speaking of Harvey, I just watched his movie, "Torch Song Trilogy" from the 80's and watched with the director's commentary feature. Very great movie with some interesting insights from Mr. Fierstein. I found it very interesting that he said during the shooting, he had an incredible crush on Broderick and would be sick when he wasn't on set. Did they ever fling? Harvey is one of my all time favorites (except for Fiddler!!)

by Anonymousreply 45808/06/2013

[quote]My eye landed on [R453] as I was skimming the thread, and I assumed he was talking about Ann Miner!

That's so funny. When I read R455, I thought that was about Ann Miner, too.

by Anonymousreply 45908/06/2013

Well, does Ann work any more? The other one?

by Anonymousreply 46008/06/2013

Speaking of choreographers, Jerry Mitchell was in Kansas City last night watching his boyfriend Ricky Schroeder (NAKED BOYS SINGING) dance it up in the chorus of FOOTLOOSE at Starlight Theatre. No, he's not THAT Ricky,this is ginger Ricky.

by Anonymousreply 46108/06/2013

Is/was Ann Miner an actress?

by Anonymousreply 46208/06/2013

[quote]Is/was Ann Miner an actress?

She once acted human, but that was before the advent of sound.

by Anonymousreply 46308/06/2013

LOL R466

by Anonymousreply 46408/06/2013

In the words of Auntie Mame, regarding Vera Charles's accent) "Well, when you're from Pittsburgh, you have to do something!"

by Anonymousreply 46508/06/2013

I saw BIG FISH in Chicago. I have no doubt there will be plenty of seats at the booth during previews in New York.

by Anonymousreply 46608/06/2013

Sup

by Anonymousreply 46708/06/2013

So who really does have the biggest cock on broadway

If you don't have a pic to support...then don't reply

by Anonymousreply 46808/06/2013

R471 - Nathan Lane. it's well documented.

by Anonymousreply 46908/06/2013

R472, the poster asked who has the biggest cock, not who is the biggest dick on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 47008/06/2013

Well, there's no debate that Mary Testa has the biggest ass.

by Anonymousreply 47108/06/2013

Oh ok, Biggest Cock? Patti LuPone, then.

by Anonymousreply 47208/06/2013

Rachelle Rak is gonna cut you bitches!

by Anonymousreply 47308/06/2013

r476 = "cuddles" Cody

by Anonymousreply 47408/06/2013

How was Rak bad in the Papermill ACL. Sheila seems entirely in her ballpark.

by Anonymousreply 47508/06/2013

What is BD thinking with this mustache

by Anonymousreply 47608/06/2013

Fu Manchu franchise?

by Anonymousreply 47708/06/2013

[quote] Andy is Straight - and that is a fact. I thought this was a Gossip site and Not an Opinion site.

Do you think he has propositioned any gay guys to climb up to the top?

by Anonymousreply 47808/06/2013

ATC's got a special email blast offer going on today! I'm so excited!

by Anonymousreply 47908/06/2013

R472=Nathan Lane.

Honey, this isn't Craigslist.

by Anonymousreply 48008/06/2013

Yesterday was Faith's 56th birthday. Do you think anyone will go to the show tonight to celebrate? What's a girl gotta do to get some attention?

by Anonymousreply 48108/06/2013

r471 Raul is really big but I have no pixs

by Anonymousreply 48208/06/2013

It's B*R*O*A*D*W*A*Y on the high seas!

by Anonymousreply 48308/06/2013

R486 I only want to go for Day 5 to see who the "surprise guest" is.

by Anonymousreply 48408/06/2013

R487. I heard it's Tovah.

by Anonymousreply 48508/06/2013

The cast list of broadway castaways they've pressganged onto this rusty ol' tub sounds incredible, R486.

The big question is: will they sign autographs and "make nice" after the show?

by Anonymousreply 48608/06/2013

Do the "celebs" (and I use that term loosely) stay on the cruise for the entire trip, or do they fly them in and out?

by Anonymousreply 48708/06/2013

true r491...you never saw Carol Lynley until after the ship turned over.

by Anonymousreply 48908/06/2013

So, probably little chance of catching Stokes in the sauna?

by Anonymousreply 49008/06/2013

Cruise ships are death traps....don't go!!!!!

(we have no idea how to operate those boat thingys and their are germs everywhere!!!!!!!)

by Anonymousreply 49108/06/2013

I can't imagine Audra and Will sunning themselves on deck chairs, sipping Mai Tais. Or Sutton playing shuffleboard. Well, maybe if they weren't surrounded by FAAAAAANS.

How much do you think they each get paid? It probably adds up to a nice chunk o' change.

by Anonymousreply 49208/06/2013

I iWeekly nut magine the passengers on the cruise will be full of a lot of bruceb, dramedy and jdm types.

by Anonymousreply 49308/06/2013

I was in an Atlantis cruise when Patti L was the main performer. She was everywhere - she went to the excursions, sunned at the more discreet pools, even went to the White Party. Few people bothered her (some circuit queens didn't even know who she was) I was at the buffet and two tables down could her her loud laughter.

Denorah Cox, on a separate cruise, was a bitch. Someone wanted her autograph and she took off her sunglasses off and told the little queen: "Sorry, I can't. I'm on vacation, just like you are."

by Anonymousreply 49408/06/2013

A cruise where people ask for Debbie Cox's autograph and don't know who La LuPone is? Was this a cruise to Bizarro World?

by Anonymousreply 49508/06/2013

Younger people may not have seen Evita but would have dances to Deb Cox;s club hits, R498

by Anonymousreply 49608/06/2013

r497's make it clear LuPone and Cox were not on the same cruise.

by Anonymousreply 49708/06/2013

Of the 3 off-Broadway musicals Encores did this July, I'M GETTING MY ACT TOGETHER... was the least successful artistically and financially, yet that's the one being moved for an open-ended run?

I guess Sutton doesn't want to leave LA for an extended period.

At least I hope they recast the leading lady...

by Anonymousreply 49808/07/2013

r497 I would have said WELL YOU WILL BE ON PERMANENT VACATION ONCE YOUR SAD ASS REVIVAL DRAGS ITSELF TO THE MARRIOTT MARQUIS!

by Anonymousreply 49908/07/2013

My pals in Chicago said BIG FISH sucked. Too bad. I love Norbert and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 50008/07/2013

So Spider-Man cancelled last night's performance?

by Anonymousreply 50108/07/2013

FIRST DATE is almost out of previews. Anything new there?

by Anonymousreply 50208/07/2013

nope r505....just dreck piled on more dreck.

by Anonymousreply 50308/07/2013

what happened at Spider Man?

by Anonymousreply 50408/07/2013

Andrew Durand, currently playing the gay character in LOVE'S LABOUR'S LOST and previously Seth Numrich's replacement in WAR HORSE -

straight or gay?

by Anonymousreply 50508/07/2013

can anyone who has first hand knowledge or who has worked with him tell us what the scandal was with Richard Jay Alexander? People always say "up to his old tricks" but not what those tricks are/were. drugs? sex? theft? I honestly don't know.

He did me an enormous favour last year and is in the position to do so again, but I'm now trepidatious because of the hints people drop here and at ATC

by Anonymousreply 50608/07/2013

He made some enemies at the Muny earlier this summer. He went ballistic with the stage crew and called them all sorts of names. Really nasty.

by Anonymousreply 50708/07/2013

[quote] Andy is Straight - and that is a fact.

For some reason Andy is the only guy theater queens seem hell bent on protecting.

Wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 50808/07/2013

The exact same thing as r511 was written about Kathleen Chalfant. What a bizarre creature.

by Anonymousreply 50908/07/2013

R512 Kathleen Chalfant was spotted around town with Kate Mulgrew

by Anonymousreply 51008/07/2013

R508- GAY GAY AND MORE GAY.

by Anonymousreply 51108/07/2013

Weren't the old tricks supposed to have been casting couch stuff?

by Anonymousreply 51208/07/2013

Yes, wasn't RJA the one who gave the million-dollar blowjob to Cam Mack?

by Anonymousreply 51308/07/2013

Speaking of Muny, the yummy, yummy Kyle Dean Massey is there in West Side. Who is his boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 51408/07/2013

And here is a nice shot of his butt

by Anonymousreply 51508/07/2013

R516, spill!

by Anonymousreply 51608/07/2013

Kyle's boyfriend is hispanic and short like him. They are an adorable couple. They walk the dogs in Hells Kitchen all the time.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with Deborah Cox's response to the autograph seeker? Why can't she set boundaries and have some privacy?

by Anonymousreply 51708/07/2013

Kyle Dean's boyfriend is horribly plastic in the face.

by Anonymousreply 51808/07/2013

Don't bother with the face. It's the V of my crotch that needs the attention.

by Anonymousreply 51908/07/2013

Maybe Kyle Dean's BF knows the whereabouts of the Michael Arden cock shots...

by Anonymousreply 52008/07/2013

R509: For one thing, some time around 1995, Richard Jay Alexander was charged with harassment by some of the actors in a national tour of LES MISERABLES. I think the matter was settled in negotiations between Equity and the production, but I don't know the details.

by Anonymousreply 52108/07/2013

Yeah, I don't know if RJA himself gave blowjobs to get ahead, but he certainly groped a whole lot of Mariuses during his time in charge of LES MIZ. He used to rehearse "Little Fall Of Rain" with them and play Eponine himself. That is not a joke.

by Anonymousreply 52208/07/2013

Someone asked me if I had heard what was going on with The Jungle Book. All he would say is that it is something racial? Anyone have any idea what he is talking about?

by Anonymousreply 52308/07/2013

Shelter me, comfort me...and let me fondle your balls."

by Anonymousreply 52408/07/2013

how has RJA gone on to work with the likes of streisand, midler, chenoweth et al if he's a big ol' perv?

by Anonymousreply 52508/07/2013

he sucked their cocks.

by Anonymousreply 52608/07/2013

BREAKING Kristin Chenoweth to star in revival of Hello Dolly on Broadway!

by Anonymousreply 52708/07/2013

[quote] how has RJA gone on to work with the likes of streisand, midler, chenoweth et al if he's a big ol' perv?

he doesn't care for lady ham so it's not an issue.

by Anonymousreply 52808/07/2013

She's supposedly just "in talks" R530

by Anonymousreply 52908/07/2013

R530. And it's going to be directed by the mediocre Warren Carlyle. She's too small for that gesture, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 53008/07/2013

can we also talk about the horrifying Hunter Ryan Herdlicka? An ego the size of Brazil matched by a fair-to-middling talent and bizarre looks. He's only nice if he perceives you can do something for him.

by Anonymousreply 53108/07/2013

Have Ryan Headlicker and Elaine Stritch come to a parting of the ways already? I thought he was going to be her doormat/gofer in Detroit, but she's a tough cookie, itching to get back to NYc for another 70 years.

by Anonymousreply 53208/07/2013

I've seen Hunter Ryan Herdlicka on the street. He looks bizarre and orange, almost like one of those marionettes on that show "Thunderbirds".

by Anonymousreply 53308/07/2013

The rumor was that RJA agreed to be Cam'a "mouth boy" for a few months, and did such a soectacular job of it that Cam gave him his Les Miz supervisory duties as thanks.

by Anonymousreply 53408/07/2013

Blanchett's Blanche was not "misguided"; it was transcendent, practically a re-definition of the role.

by Anonymousreply 53508/07/2013

R452 I used to see Ann Jillian at church every week. I never spoke to her though.

by Anonymousreply 53608/07/2013

r508, I'd say "elvish."

And a Hollywood loaf to r522.

by Anonymousreply 53708/07/2013

Kristi Dawn would have been suitable for a spin-off show about Ermengarde but she's an awful choice for Dolly.

by Anonymousreply 53808/07/2013

So what happened to Orion? And did anyone see Faith as Hannigan yet?

by Anonymousreply 53908/07/2013

I'd like to donate sperm to Krist Dawn for her baby....where do I send it?

by Anonymousreply 54008/07/2013

PIPPIN - THE MOVIE!

by Anonymousreply 54108/07/2013

R222, Sally Field *was* superb in The Kennedy Center production of MENAGERIE. In fact, her performance made it the best of the three Tennessee Williams plays that were shown there that summer (Patricia Clarkson in STREETCAR and Mary Stuart Masterson in CAT). I believe it was 2005.

by Anonymousreply 54208/07/2013

Who is this Jennifer Tepper girl and why is she getting so much attention for doing nothing? She interned for Ken Davenport and now she's writing a book on musical theater and hosting trivia nights? What's her story? Trustfunder? Is she really the person behind Broadway Spotted?

All of a sudden friends of mine are retweetng her stuff and sharing Facebook statuses and she doesn't appear to have done anything worthy of that kind of industry attention.

by Anonymousreply 54308/07/2013

Elvish! Oh, darling, we were good friendsh!

I adored him!

by Anonymousreply 54408/08/2013

What are we hearing about Big Fish, other than its not selling?

by Anonymousreply 54508/08/2013

I hear the performances were good but the book and direction were a STINKY FISH

by Anonymousreply 54608/08/2013

Re: "Big Fish" - Why would anyone want to make a musical out of a flop movie?

by Anonymousreply 54708/08/2013

I saw it in Chicago. It had a couple of very good songs and both NLB and Baldwin were very good. The book, direction and choreography were a total mess. The "Cowboy" and the "Mermaid" numbers will, hopefully, be cut by the time it opens on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 54808/08/2013

We're nearing the end of another thread, kids!

Let's link arms and go out singing!

by Anonymousreply 54908/08/2013

[quote]I saw it in Chicago. It had a couple of very good songs and both NLB and Baldwin were very good. The book, direction and choreography were a total mess. The "Cowboy" and the "Mermaid" numbers will, hopefully, be cut by the time it opens on Broadway.

Isnl't the set just on giant TV screen again?

by Anonymousreply 55008/08/2013

For the record "Big Fish" grossed $122 million world wide and did well on home video. It's not a blockbuster but it's not a flop.

by Anonymousreply 55108/08/2013

It's a pretty bad movie, though, R554. I don't see it as a theatre piece.

by Anonymousreply 55208/08/2013

I guess I'm in the minority in that I could see BIG FISH as a really cool, high concept, dreamy, almost operatic musical. But I would never have hired this very pedestrian team to accomplish it.

by Anonymousreply 55308/08/2013

Is Norton Leo giving the same old copyrighted performance he always gives, with a frenzied dance routine that leaves him out of breath center stage. Which means yet another Tony.

by Anonymousreply 55408/08/2013

[quote]Norton Leo

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 55508/08/2013

Oops.Norbert Butts, I meant.

by Anonymousreply 55608/08/2013

Norton Jim?

by Anonymousreply 55708/08/2013

[quote]Is Norton Leo giving the same old copyrighted performance he always gives

God forbid we have reliable, professional entertainers in the theater. Bring on the washed up boyband members.

by Anonymousreply 55808/08/2013

Check out Norbert Leo's 'memory and mayhem' cd and get back to me.

by Anonymousreply 55908/08/2013

THANK you, R541. I tweeted relatively same sentiments to someone at Playbill. Or maybe Chenoweth would be a decent Irene Malloy. But that is NOT Dolly; no way, shape or form. I would expect audiences, even on Bway, to burst into hysterical giggles. And since when is Dolly a f---ing soprano? (I realize Chenoweth has a good range.) ALthough, I COULD see here being a busybody matchmaker...

WOnder what Jerry H thinks of this...

by Anonymousreply 56008/08/2013

Can Jerry even still understand things ?

by Anonymousreply 56108/08/2013

talented girl--but kill me first

by Anonymousreply 56208/08/2013

[quote] And since when is Dolly a f---ing soprano?

In the Carol Channing doc, it was mentioned that Herman wrote his leading lady material with his mother's voice in mind and that his mother was a soprano.

Madeline Kahn played Dolly in the early 1990s. I'm sure there are others.

by Anonymousreply 56308/08/2013

Hum, but Dolly was written for Ethel, 556.

by Anonymousreply 56408/08/2013

"with a frenzied dance routine that leaves him out of breath center stage."

Oh r557 that is bitchy even for this place.

Please don't ever leave!

by Anonymousreply 56508/08/2013

Jennifer Tepper look like a hillbilly Chelsea Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 56608/08/2013

So excited for the First Date reviews!!!

by Anonymousreply 56708/08/2013

R569, Bingo! Good call!

by Anonymousreply 56808/08/2013

First Date gets eviscerated by Isherwood.

by Anonymousreply 56908/08/2013

From Isherwood's review of BLIND DATE: "Aaron, who arrives at the appointed watering hole first, overdressed in suit and tie and rippling with nerves, is the Nice Jewish Boy with a good job.... Yet he has, apparently and none too plausibly, never before been on a blind date."

What's so implausible? Are blind dates THAT common? Sometimes I just don't get Isherwood. Many times, as a matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 57008/08/2013

I had the same reaction, r573. I've never been on a blind date, and only very rarely have I known any friend of mine (straight or gay) to go on one. I don't know why Isherwood finds this so implausible - is he constantly going on them or something?

by Anonymousreply 57108/08/2013

I've never been on a blind date, either. However "And I wish to be anesthetized!" is the pull quote they'll go with. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 57208/08/2013

Strange idea, but do you know who would have knocked "Big Fish" out of the park? Robert WIlson. I know he's never done a mainstream Broadway play before, but he could probably be talked into it. He's a master at creating dreamscapes. It would have been strange, but beautiful and sad. I fear it will probably be a little pedestrian.

by Anonymousreply 57308/08/2013

I don't want to spoil something in LLL in the delacorte, but why write a musical only to have the most important song be...

This is what made BBAJ such a slog to sit through, Juvenile humor that may elicit laughs today, but in 5 years will be dated and unfunny.

I think Colin Donnell is hot and sings like a dream, but I am afraid his career will go the way of Hugh Panero.

by Anonymousreply 57408/08/2013

I said it in the previous theater thread. ...

LOVES LABOURS LOUSY.

The cast is working hard but it's washing garbage, as Sheldon Harnick would say. Bad score. Bad adaptation. Bad, bad show.

by Anonymousreply 57508/08/2013

[quote]First Date gets eviscerated by Isherwood.

You really don't know what eviscerated means do you R572?

by Anonymousreply 57608/09/2013

[quote]Wonder what Jerry H thinks of this...

If Stephen Sondheim can prostitue his shows for money, so can I!

by Anonymousreply 57708/09/2013

Former Broadway darling and GLEE villain Nolan Gerard Funke (he's dropped the Gerard) plays the "other man" in the Lindsay Lohan/James Deen movie THE CANYONS. Full frontal nude, to boot.

We love you Conrad, oh yes we do!

by Anonymousreply 57808/09/2013

NEWS FLASH!!

Karen Ziemba to play Dolly this winter in Chicago!

There should be a DL night where we treat Karen like the trooper/legend she is and give a standing O after the Dolly number.

by Anonymousreply 57908/09/2013

Perhaps Isherwood considers his gloryhole forays to be blind dates.

by Anonymousreply 58008/09/2013

R581- I'll never forget that publicity gig held the day tickets for BIRDIE went on sale. Conrad strutting down the street followed by chrorines singing "We Love You Conrad." His pants were so tight you could see the outline of his cock.. and he had a hard on.

THE CANYONS is available on the ON DEMAND cable function too.

by Anonymousreply 58108/09/2013

Now if only Norbert Leo Butz would remove on his names...

by Anonymousreply 58208/09/2013

.. and he had a hard on.

.. no he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 58308/09/2013

Beloved NYC theater gays: marooned as I am in northern NYS, I have only my 10 articles a month digital NYTimes to comfort me. Just read Isherwood's review; PLEASE tell me I'm not hallucinating but did is there really a song, he quoted from, with lyrics:

"SHe's not the one, oy, oy, oy

She's a goy, goy, goy"

(or similar.)

WTF!!!!??? I thought I had seen some hideous musicals in the 80's (yes, I'm old), but I had to read those lyrics about 5 times; STILL can't believe my eyes.

Please help me understand!!

(although the comments under his review - people seemed to like the show!

What do you all think? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 58408/09/2013

R587 Please be advised that we are removing you from our mailing list permanently.

by Anonymousreply 58508/09/2013

Finding out in one morning the news that the world gets to see both KZ's Mrs. Levi AND Nolan Gerard's junk??

As Karen sang in Ziegfeld Follies of 1936: "This is my red letter day!"

by Anonymousreply 58608/09/2013

Can you get THE CANYONS online anywhere? I don't have the expertise in finding illegal downloads (that aren't virus-infected) that maybe some of the rest of you do.

by Anonymousreply 58708/09/2013

"I don't know why Isherwood finds [not going on blind dates] so implausible - is he constantly going on them or something?"

;-)

P.S. R579, what do YOU think "eviscerate" means?

P.P.S. I had heard that Nolan does not have a full-frontal scene in THE CANYONS. So, what's the truth?

by Anonymousreply 58808/09/2013

Haven't seen it, but I've heard that of the male cast, only the porn actors have full frontal scenes.

by Anonymousreply 58908/09/2013

Will FIRST DATE make it to Labor Day. Those reviews are bad/tepid. Is there any advance?

by Anonymousreply 59008/09/2013

[quote]Perhaps Isherwood considers his gloryhole forays to be blind dates.

Well, that's just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 59108/09/2013

Let's be honest. Wouldn't one have to BE a blind date to go out with Charles Isherwood?

by Anonymousreply 59208/09/2013

I'd like to see a revival of COCO... with Faith Prince.

by Anonymousreply 59308/09/2013

Show us your tits, Faith!

by Anonymousreply 59408/09/2013

Karen Ziemba would ge great for WOMAN OF THE YEAR

by Anonymousreply 59508/09/2013

Did Barbara Eden do a TV version of Woman Of The Year?

by Anonymousreply 59608/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.