Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who would vandalize the Lincoln Memorial?

And why???

by Anonymousreply 5407/31/2013

That's really pathetic!

by Anonymousreply 107/26/2013

Because they hate America, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 207/26/2013

Amanda Bynes is already out of the hospital?

by Anonymousreply 307/26/2013

Hello?

by Anonymousreply 407/26/2013

You know, I was shocked and angry when I first heard it. It is a despicable thing to do. But then as I thought about it, I was surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner.

There are some ugly, pathetic, infantile people out here who'd do something like that in a heartbeat. This also points out a lapse in our security. I'vebelieved, since 9/11/01 that our national monuments were especially important to protect from "the terrorists."

by Anonymousreply 507/26/2013

Freepers who thought gutting the Voting Rights Act wasn't enough. But, when caught, they will claim they did because they love Amerikkka.

by Anonymousreply 607/26/2013

Animals!

by Anonymousreply 707/26/2013

The news stories claim the paint splashed on the statue is green. It's not. The color is turquoise, a favorite color of a certain member of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 807/26/2013

I would bet tens of dollars the culprit is from the south.

by Anonymousreply 907/26/2013

Sociopaths!

by Anonymousreply 1007/26/2013

You might be right, r11. I know a man whose Alabama grandmother refused to use pennies because Lincoln's face is on them.

by Anonymousreply 1207/26/2013

Uh, remember what happened to LINCOLN?

by Anonymousreply 1307/26/2013

It's clearly someone who prefers the dixie flag to old glory.

by Anonymousreply 1407/26/2013

I'm shocked that there are no security cameras within the Memorial, they say they have to check the cameras on the Mall.

by Anonymousreply 1507/26/2013

kids

by Anonymousreply 1607/26/2013

@R15, you would think. What about security guards?

by Anonymousreply 1707/26/2013

Now, thanks to the idiots who did this, we can expect TSA style security at all DC monuments/attractions.

by Anonymousreply 1807/26/2013

@R17...You mean where were the very well-paid park police.

by Anonymousreply 1907/26/2013

It's an Islamic attack - that's the Muslim color of Jihad.

by Anonymousreply 2007/26/2013

R18, TSA style security is already in place for a lot of attractions like the National Archives. In Philly, you have to remove your belts and shoes and go through detectors to get into the Liberty Bell center.

What are we supposed to do if we cannot protect our historic monuments? It's so sad that it's come to this...

Sometimes I wonder if history's worth preserving if it's just going to be a reminder what idiots people can be.

by Anonymousreply 2107/26/2013

Check for Paula Deen's sticky/greasy prints in the area.

by Anonymousreply 2207/26/2013

Green paint = Mohammedian

by Anonymousreply 2307/26/2013

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire national mall will be behind velvet ropes by the end of the decade. Human respect is disintegrating.

by Anonymousreply 2407/26/2013

This looks like a job for CIA special officer Carrie Mathison!

by Anonymousreply 2507/26/2013

If Paula Deen were involved, the headlines would read "Lincoln Memorial Found Covered In Butter, Authorities Stumped By Culprits"

by Anonymousreply 2607/26/2013

I don't get your insinuation, r8. Who do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 2707/26/2013

Probably some rich white kids with nothing better to do.

by Anonymousreply 2907/26/2013

"Agreed. It's some cracker idiot with an axe to grind because Lincoln had the audacity to free his great, great grand-pappy's slaves because its perfectly normal to buy and sell human beings like cattle and force them to perform hard labor under the threat of torture or death. It's an idea that a lot of Southerners still cherish dearly, i.e. Paula Deen."

Oh, give it a rest, you psychotic asshole. And that that "cracker" epithet and shove up your rancid shitter.

by Anonymousreply 3007/26/2013

The Lincoln Memorial is one of my favorite of the memorials, but really, who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 3107/26/2013

Some republican loon.

by Anonymousreply 3207/26/2013

Wildly speculate much.........bitches?

by Anonymousreply 3407/26/2013

I half expected to see Lincoln with cone tits and a cone dick ala the vandalized virgin mary in exorcist.

by Anonymousreply 3507/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 3607/26/2013

Lincoln's body was kidnapped not long after it was put in his tomb, in Springfield. The tomb was not sealed and no one was guarding his body. The plan didn't work out but the body had been stolen.

by Anonymousreply 3707/26/2013

It probably just a drunk. Next.

by Anonymousreply 3807/26/2013

Either a white supremacist or a really radical environmentalist.

by Anonymousreply 3907/27/2013

It was David Strathairn.

He's still bitter that Tommy Lee Jones's over-blown Thaddeus Stevens overshadowed his brilliant and delicate performance as William H. Steward.

You should've seen what he did to the ScyFy CEO's office after that bitch cancelled Alphas. They say the walls still stink of urine on hot days.

Dude has a dark side. Do not cross him.

by Anonymousreply 4007/27/2013

That isn't green paint it is ZOMBIE RESIDUE!!!

by Anonymousreply 4107/27/2013

Green paint? Well that would Dartmouth.

by Anonymousreply 4207/27/2013

Or Tulane

by Anonymousreply 4307/27/2013

Or Kermit.

by Anonymousreply 4407/27/2013

Oscar Wilde

by Anonymousreply 4507/27/2013

Homophobes have finally accepted that Lincoln was a nancy boy, and now the violence begins!

by Anonymousreply 4607/27/2013

It was probably Rand Paul's former aide, Jack Hunter, who had to resign after it was revealed that he was a white supremacist.

"One of Hunter's past writings said he raises "a personal toast every May 10 to celebrate John Wilkes Booth’s birthday," and compared President Abraham Lincoln to Saddam Hussein, according to a report by the Washington Free Beacon."

by Anonymousreply 4707/28/2013

There's been an arrest. The culprit is not a radical Muslim or a "cracker idiot." The monument desecrating fiend is a wack-a-doo Chinese woman:

"Moments before D.C. police found Jiamei Tian hiding in a bathroom stall at Washington National Cathedral, a family of tourists had spotted her in a back pew of the Children’s Chapel guarding two bags and muttering softly in a foreign language.

Tian’s unsettling behavior continued Tuesday, when the 58-year-old Chinese national made her first appearance in D.C. Superior Court to face charges in connection with a string of vandalism in which churches and tourist attractions across the city were spattered with green paint.

Tian refused to cooperate with the D.C. police department’s Asian Liaison Unit, according to officials at her court appearance. She wouldn’t say where she stayed in the District. She told police that she had lived in Los Angeles, but prosecutors said they could find no evidence of that. She speaks little or no English. Her visa to visit the United States expired three days ago.

As authorities investigate crimes that marred the Lincoln Memorial, a statue of the Smithsonian’s first secretary and sanctuaries in two churches — one with a toxic mixture of paint, urine and feces — it may be as challenging to understand who Tian is as it will be to determine a motive for the vandalism. D.C. Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier said Tuesday that the suspect may have “mental health issues.”

D.C. Magistrate Judge Lori Parker ordered Tian to remain in jail until her next hearing Friday; so far, she faces a single charge of defacing property for that incident at the National Cathedral, which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.

Tian appeared in court in shackles and wearing a white jail jumpsuit. She was accompanied by a Mandarin interpreter and a female marshal, who at one point pulled her backward when she became agitated while speaking.

“She’s a danger to the community,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Chambers told the court, because of “numerous attacks on treasured landmarks.”

Tian’s public defender, Nancy Glass, described her as a “tourist in this country.” But the prosecutor shot back that her purpose in the District was to “deface landmarks."

landmarks.”

Lanier, during her monthly segment on NewsChannel 8, made the most definitive remarks yet linking the crimes, which occurred at the Lincoln Memorial, the statue of Joseph Henry on the Mall, the statue of Martin Luther at Thomas Circle and the organ at the adjacent Luther Place Memorial Church, and in two chapels at National Cathedral.

Damage estimates are still coming in: $3,000 in one cathedral chapel and $15,000 in another — with tricky work to repair a paint-splattered reredos, or altarpiece, covered with gold leaf. According to court documents, the gold leaf must be removed to make the repair, but that could cause additional damage.

Lanier said D.C. police and U.S. Park Police are “looking at this as possibly being linked. They certainly seem to be.”

by Anonymousreply 4807/31/2013

Nancy Glass from Inside Edition?

by Anonymousreply 4907/31/2013

That's one way to stay in America. Enjoy your 3 hots and a cot.

by Anonymousreply 5007/31/2013

Has she spoken with a liaison from the Chinese Embassy? Seems odd that there is no mention of them in that snippet posted.

by Anonymousreply 5107/31/2013

I can't believe with all the CCTV, drones, wire taps, email eaves-dropping in our modern day surveillance society that the monuments of the National Mall are unguarded. It just shows what misplaced priorities lead to.

by Anonymousreply 5207/31/2013

There are video cameras at the Lincoln Memorial. That was in a news story the other day while it was still breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 5307/31/2013

Julie. Or Matt Laurer.

by Anonymousreply 5407/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.