Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hoodoo, conjure, rootwork, etc.

Do we have any practitioners on the DL? I dabble in it a bit (mostly candle magick), but I'm in a position now where I need to put a hex on someone. I'm thinking something along the lines of hot foot powder...not like a death curse or anything.

Anyone here ever jinxed someone? Tips?

by BenZreply 6108/02/2013

Using magical arts to harm someone comes back to you three times worse. Real witches live by this rule. Anyone who uses magic to harm someone is opening themselves up for trouble.

by BenZreply 107/25/2013

r1 bullshit

by BenZreply 307/25/2013

Magick is real and it works. If you have never had it manifest in your life then you can only speak to what you know, r2, but please don't call it bullshit or tell those of us who do know differently to "get a life". It is our life. There is a boomerang effect when using Magick and I try to follow an ethical rule set but you can't be afraid to take care of business. Understanding and accepting that there are consequences to anything and accepting the responsibility for those actions is good enough for me. Using hotfoot powder in a conjure spell indicates to me that you want to cause your enemy physical discomfort. I'm not down with that. Perhaps a better way to go would be to do a Go Away and Stay Away conjure. It doesn't involve any harm or discomfort to the person you are working, they simply leave your life. You can google to find a passel of information on Hoodoo. Just be advised that a fool and his money are soon parted. Think about making your own powders or oils instead of buying them online. It also imbues and charges the magick with your own personal power. good luck and tread carefully my friend.

by BenZreply 407/25/2013

What is this "magick" shit? Do you think adding a "k" makes it less ludicrous? It's still childish wishful thinking.

by BenZreply 507/25/2013

I'm not here to debate Muggles. Isn't it time for you to pray to your Bobble Head Jesus to smite all of us devil worshippers, r5?

by BenZreply 607/25/2013

Karma is bullshit. I used magic on a former partner, got him deported. Next month I won the lottery.

by BenZreply 707/25/2013

I don't judge, r7. Also, can I borrow a few bucks:)?

by BenZreply 807/25/2013

I used hot foot on my neighbor and have seen neither hide nor hair of him in a week!

by BenZreply 907/31/2013

R10= freeper fundie cunt

by BenZreply 1107/31/2013

Oh, you're both cunts Ben.

by BenZreply 1207/31/2013

I'm with R12 - whether you believe that your God will "smite" someone, or that your Harry Potter homebrew can hurt soneone, you're a nasty cunt. The basic moral law is Do No Harm.

by BenZreply 1407/31/2013

Isn't the answer obvious, r13? We can't spell:)

by BenZreply 1507/31/2013

When I was a kid, I was convinced I could cause things to happen if I pointed my finger and concentrated hard enough. It's because I saw Billy Mumy do it on the Twilight Zone. I was sure I could send somebody to the cornfield.

Kids had no power in the world in those days. We weren't coddled and helicoptered. We were seen and not heard. We felt powerless and believed in magical thinking. Adults who believe in Magick and fairies and spirit are people who feel powerless in their lives. It makes them feel as if they matter when they light candles and recite some phrases, thinking they're going to make something happen.

by BenZreply 1607/31/2013

You know, in the old days, if a witch betrayed her coven, they would kill her.

by BenZreply 1707/31/2013

Have you ever heard of invoking the spirit? It's when you call him... Manon. It's like... it's like you take him into you. It's like he fills you. He takes everything that's gone wrong in your life and makes it all better again.

by BenZreply 1807/31/2013

That's because no one has shown you how, r16. Please don't project your own lack of intellectual curiosity, sense of helplessness and fear of failure onto the rest of us.

by BenZreply 1907/31/2013

You think quoting from The Craft derides us, r18? There is more truth in that portrayal of witches than you could ever imagine. But, then that's your problem. No imagination. Or sense of wonder.

by BenZreply 2007/31/2013

If any witch here can make me win the contest I crave to win, I will preach witchery for the rest of my livelong days, of which (caveat) there must be thousands. But not too many thousands. Just enough thousands. Like maybe 10-12 thousands. Anything more is greedy, right? And tiresome.

by BenZreply 2107/31/2013

Indeed, r16. Magic and religion serve much the same purpose in giving the weak and powerless a feeling of control over their own lives and the illusion that they are secretly superior to their "enemies" and those in positions of power over them.

by BenZreply 2207/31/2013

I will suck a hundred devil cocks if you prove your witchery.

Gawd, my mouth's already watering. Devils - they're uncut, right?

by BenZreply 2307/31/2013

PROVE YOUR WITCHERY!!!

by BenZreply 2407/31/2013

And some come here and bore us with their "pointless bitchery" as a means to work out personal issues, r22. Yeah, I'm looking at you.

by BenZreply 2507/31/2013

I'm not an organ grinder's monkey, r24. I don't dance just because you can play a Tarantella. And I bet you don't even know what that is. Peasant.

by BenZreply 2607/31/2013

It's a dance. Yes, even non-witches own Tom Waits records.

Never said or meant you were a monkey, just dared you to PROVE YOUR WITCHERY!

This is a dance too.

by BenZreply 2707/31/2013

But I am bewitching you. Right under your nose. And you took way too long to respond to my post. Google is magic too, isn't it, r27?

by BenZreply 2807/31/2013

The thing about being a grown up who doesn't believe in magic any more, R15, is that I don't need to "feel" superior, since I already know that I am.

by BenZreply 2908/01/2013

so hoodoo is voodoo without the catholic influence?

by BenZreply 3008/01/2013

So use some white majik and win me the lottery.

by BenZreply 3108/01/2013

lol. those ancient magical rules that date back around 150 years. not saying there are not weird forces out there but wicca,druids,and the many other psudo-magics out there are about as old and true as scientology. though nowhere near as sexy.

by BenZreply 3208/01/2013

"She turned me into a newt!"

by BenZreply 3308/01/2013

All I know about magick is that it's powerless when it comes to weight loss, since most of its pracktioners seem to be about 400 lbs.

by BenZreply 3408/01/2013

The K is used in Magick to distinguish it from sideshow trickery magic.

Don't cast spells against your enemies. Karma is a bitch, and what you do will come back to haunt you.

As for that Bible quote, that is your path, not others. Respect others choice regarding religion. If you don't believe in a certain path, fine. We do, however.

by BenZreply 3508/01/2013

"The K is used in Magick to distinguish it from sideshow trickery magic..."

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.

by BenZreply 3608/01/2013

We need someone to call the corners; North, South, East, and West.

by BenZreply 3708/01/2013

I honestly don't get what people like r36, r38, and so on get from coming into a thread like this.

by BenZreply 3908/01/2013

Newsflash, r38. WE DON"T CARE. The only thing you appear to believe in is your own hubris. You should check out Thelema. It might be right up your alley. Look what it did for L. Ron Hubbard:)

by BenZreply 4008/01/2013

r37's post is very funny. Funny because it's true. And these close minded non-beliebers don't even know why.

by BenZreply 4108/01/2013

r38? Are you there? Are you googling like mad to look up Thelema so you can post an acidic reply to put us in our places? At least we have sunshiny faces. That's because we actually get some fun out of life. And not at the expense of others. Ironic isn't it? We work magick and don't feel the need to laud it over anyone else.

by BenZreply 4208/01/2013

It's fun to read about how gullible people are, and to what extremes they will go for a little attention.

by BenZreply 4308/01/2013

Right back at you, r43. Sort of like going into a thread where you are unfamiliar with the subject matter and posting useless and pointless opinions on that which you know nothing of? That sure fits my definition of "attention seeker".

by BenZreply 4408/01/2013

I'm wild again--

beguiled again--

a simpering, whimpering child again--

bewitched, bothered and bewildered, am i

by BenZreply 4508/01/2013

r38, I respect your beliefs even though you may believe in something like Christianity. If you're an atheist, I respect that too. Unfortunately, history books are filled with examples of tolerance NOT being the norm for much of Western civilization's history.

Freedom of religion, it's a good thing.

As for getting on threads like this, r39, we are standing up for what we believe. Re-read paragraph one of this post. Someone made it an issue, we are answering the nastiness brought up. Just like anyone else would do if their beliefs were being trashed.

by BenZreply 4608/02/2013

Funny how people say they don't believe in spiritualism, witchcraft and Voodoo, yet they seem to fear us just the same, if silently. Just sayin'.

by BenZreply 4708/02/2013

r45, do do that Voodoo that you do so well!

by BenZreply 4808/02/2013

With all due respect, what the fuck is "rootwork"?

by BenZreply 4908/02/2013

Our bodies are the homes of our souls.

Clothes are the homes for our bodies.

Homes are built to keep us in and out of nature.

The earth is the home to all living things.

Somewhere in all of that, there is an energy that we feel that comes form the earth and affects us in ways that we cannot perceive.

Maybe the wiccans and witches are working on reading those energies.

by BenZreply 5008/02/2013

If I wish something positive instead of negative for an enemy, will it come back to me 3x?

by BenZreply 5108/02/2013

r51, YES!!!!! Better yet, actually DO something positive, if not for your enemy, for someone.

It's similar to the Christian thing about praying for the enemy, turning the other trick.

by BenZreply 5208/02/2013

R52, it's "turning the other cheek". Turning another trick is something entirely different.

by BenZreply 5308/02/2013

There is no energy.

There is no Craft.

There are no spirits.

There is no goddess.

There is no god.

by BenZreply 5408/02/2013

There is only Manon.

by BenZreply 5508/02/2013

The opera or the restaurant, R55?

by BenZreply 5608/02/2013

I think r50 is one of us:) Or should be.

by BenZreply 5708/02/2013

Troll-dar R4 for a really wild example of psychosis at work.

Either that or, well, a troll. I kind of hope the latter, because the former is just pathetic, complete with the insistence that it is laughing hysterically at those of us who mock it.

by BenZreply 5808/02/2013

r52, you know there are no coincidences! You've got sex on the brain. Not that there is anything wrong with that:)

by BenZreply 5908/02/2013

Really, r58? You haven't posted an opinion yay or nay in this thread. You are the worst thing to happen to DL in a long time. A troll-dar stalker. Talk about psychosis. Shit or get off the pot. Join the conversation or shut the fuck up. And yeah, I'm laughing at you, coward.

by BenZreply 6008/02/2013

People's response to witches, wicca etc is interesting.

I use to do a lot of volunteer work with a local HIV/AIDS not for profit service provider. The local Episcopal Church provided the agency space.

The agency had all sorts of volunteers and clients. Including clergy - gay, lesbian and straight. We also had three men who self-identified as witches.

Two things I noticed. Everyone was respectful and didn't bring their religion into the service aspect of the agency. But at social settings, breaks etc. lots of eye rolling when the three men who were witches would mention a Wicca practice they had done. No eye rolling when the clearly mentioned something about a Sunday Service. No eye rolling from the clergy - but lots from the Sunday go to church folks.

Which I found pretty funny. Christianity is not "magick"? The bible is full of "magick". It gives JK Rowling a run for her money.

The second thing is the witches would give the most powerful and embracing invocations during memorial services. Especially at services where the deceased biological family had turned their backs on him - because he was gay and had AIDS.

Denying traditional families and religions - and giving us all permission to embrace our family of choice was and continues to be a very powerful message. It is delivered in away so totally different from my Christian upbringing I found it very comforting and empowering.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still someone who needs to "see it on a spreadsheet" in order to believe it. For healing, comfort and community in times of need - give me a witch any day.

by BenZreply 6108/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.