Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Baba Wawa interviews Harvey Fierstein

In 1983.

Fuck, Fierstein comes across as craaazily intense.

It probably just reflects attitudes of the time, but Wawa's questions are awful. "Is it rare, to have these long relationships?" "What's it like to be a homosexual?"

Contains some great footage of Estelle Getty in Torch Song Trilogy.

by Anonymousreply 1507/25/2013

Harvey won an Emmy for narrating The Life and Times of Harvey Milk

by Anonymousreply 107/25/2013

[quote]"What's it like to be a homosexual?"

What? Baba Wawa couldn't ask her buddy Roy Cohn whom she was bearding for back then? She had to ask Harvey Fierstein a question like that instead?

by Anonymousreply 207/25/2013

What's the explanation for his voice? He lived beside the railroad?

by Anonymousreply 307/25/2013

His responses are terrific.

He's completely modern and she is now anachronistic - after having dated Roy Cohn.

by Anonymousreply 407/25/2013

He used to smoke heavily, and drank a lot.

by Anonymousreply 507/25/2013

I thought the voice was natural, no?

Was it Mama Cass who was hit on the head and got her voice, or am I thinking of Bonnie Tyler?

by Anonymousreply 607/25/2013

He claimed a while back that projecting his speaking voice over a loud recording in some show or another gave him the permanent gravel.

by Anonymousreply 707/25/2013

OMFG she is such a DICK. Wow. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 807/25/2013

R8 this was 30 years ago

by Anonymousreply 907/25/2013

The Mama Cass story about the hit on the head was made up so they could say "She couldn't hit all the notes so we couldn't use her" when the truth was, "She was just way too fat and it grossed me out even though I'd be fucking my own daughter ten years later."

To save face when they invited her to join, they made up that story.

by Anonymousreply 1007/25/2013

So, r9!?!?

by Anonymousreply 1107/25/2013

People's opinions evolve after 30 years.

She has done tons of one-hour specials about gay adoption, trans issues and the GLBT community.

by Anonymousreply 1207/25/2013

That documentary is on YouTube, R1.

by Anonymousreply 1307/25/2013

Sounds like Whoopi has finally grown a pair...

[quote]Whoopi Goldberg and Barbara Walters have a royal row over royal baby news on 'The View'

A simple gossip segment turned into a royal headache for ABC’s “The View.”

On Tuesday’s show, when the panel discussed the royal baby, Whoopi Goldberg made no secret of her contempt for the hype surrounding His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton’s new little bundle, declaring: “I don’t care.”

But one person who did care was “View” matriarch Barbara Walters, who leaned forward across the co-host desk during the show to announce to Goldberg, “They may not care, but we’re doing an hour special tonight.”

Walters had a “20/20” special airing on ABC Tuesday night, “The Royal Baby Heir to the Throne.”

Walters then threw her hands up and said, “I would really like to talk about tonight. Whoopi will not be watching, but we hope you will, and we hope there are a lot of people who give a damn, because we’ve worked hard on this.”

At one point, Goldberg looked off set to make a face as Walters read out how much members of the royal family are worth.

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2013

I do love Bawbwa talking about monogamous wewationships.

She comes off as a dolt, but I'm glad she did the interview.

We've come a long way, baby.

by Anonymousreply 1507/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.