Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beyonce Scraps 50 Songs Amid Endless Album Delay

[quote]Like a record scratching to a halt, Beyonce, 31, is believed to have auditioned more than 50 songs for her much-anticipated fifth studio album but has decided to scrap them all and start over, a source tells THR. Among the writers potentially affected are Ryan Tedder, The-Dream, Sia, Diane Warren and Ne-Yo, who said in June that Beyonce was "still trying to figure out" a direction for the album.

by Anonymousreply 907/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 107/25/2013

She's trying REALLY hard not to flop again. I'm surprised it's taking this long. I think Beyonce made a big mistake when she didn't debut a new single at the superbowl. It gave Vadge her last top 10 hit and it would have worked for Beyonce too.

by Anonymousreply 207/25/2013

Girl is worried.

She knows she is over.

Not that her career is over, but she is no longer the hottest thing.

Frankly, I'm really sick of hearing about her.

by Anonymousreply 307/25/2013

Isn't she around 35 now? She's getting really long in the tooth to be a charting, top 40 pop star.

by Anonymousreply 407/25/2013

35 is nothing!

Isn't that the average age of a high school cheerleader?

by Anonymousreply 507/25/2013

Like Madge she's been coasting on hype and her celebrity status for her past couple of albums. Girl needs a genuine hit.

by Anonymousreply 607/25/2013

Sasha Fierce was a good album because of luck, and the buzz it brought her was unsustainable. She scrapped the songs because she's hoping she'll get lucky and lightning will strike twice.

by Anonymousreply 707/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 807/25/2013

It was silly for her to go on tour without a hit single behind her.

by Anonymousreply 907/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!