Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The CW picks up gay sitcom Husbands

Coming on the heels of the Supreme Court decision, The CW has picked up a show chronicling gay marriage.

"Husbands" stars Brad Bell and Sean Hemeon as a gay couple who accidentally get married during a drunken binge, and decide to stay together to prove that same-sex marriage can be successful. Producer and co-creator Jane Espenson ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Battlestar Galactica") along with co-creator and star Bell prove that an intelligent, well-written gay series can work.

by Anonymousreply 1007/27/2013

What the incredibly useless OP fails to mention is that the CW has picked this show up for its ONLINE service, Seed, not for its broadcast network.

by Anonymousreply 107/25/2013

Heh, Seed.

I'm happy for the show, though. It's not my favorite, but it does occasionally make me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 207/25/2013

Do the guys have sex? Or is it a same sex Will & Grace?

by Anonymousreply 307/25/2013

A drunken binge. This is incredibly homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 407/25/2013

I have already watched this web series. It's incredibly lame and bad. It's awful. I tried watching a couple of episodes, but it's just not good at all.

by Anonymousreply 507/25/2013

[R3] We've seen them in bed together and they've also kissed, but on the whole, it's fairly PG-13.

by Anonymousreply 607/25/2013

R4, how the fuck is that homophobic???i guess you want PC gays who are perfect and completely unrealistic. Enjoy your life as a perpetual victim.

by Anonymousreply 707/25/2013

How does this series got more mainstream attention than "The Outs" which is a legitimately compelling little webseries?

by Anonymousreply 807/25/2013

R7...just die off dinosaur, please.

by Anonymousreply 907/27/2013

Husbands is "cutesy" and cheeky, but alright I guess. I'm surprised they were able to nab some mainstream actors to do spots on the show. Its a quick distraction, but nothing to rave about nor is it groundbreaking.

I preferred watching The Outs, which R8 talked about. The Great Cock Hunt was a decent web series too.

It looks like the world is changing into more internet/web-isodes rather than traditional tv. Who has time for soap operas when you can watch a short 5-15 min clip?

by Anonymousreply 1007/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!