Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Digg Founder Kevin Rose Throws Raccoon Down Stairs, Caught on Video

That FUCKER! PETA, get on his ass now!!

by Anonymousreply 6407/27/2013

WTF? What a cruel little man. Is this what billionaires do for fun now? I hear Zuckerberg also kills all his animals.

by Anonymousreply 107/25/2013

The raccoon was attacking his dog, you idiots.

by Anonymousreply 207/25/2013

No excuse, R2.

by Anonymousreply 307/25/2013

That's a huge raccoon! But why is this news? It's on Time, HuffPo, here of all places....

That said, Kevin Rose could fuck me hard.

by Anonymousreply 407/25/2013

How is this NOT news? Animal abuse is always news. It's good this is getting out on so many outlets.

by Anonymousreply 507/25/2013

He's reacting instinctively. What would you do if someone attacked your child? Politely ask them to stop?

by Anonymousreply 707/25/2013

I hope Little Edie's ghost pays him a visit.

by Anonymousreply 807/25/2013

R6 deserves be thrown down stairs. Repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 1007/25/2013

Raccoons are disgusting. Rats with a good dye job. They carry rabies too, better get the dog checked.

by Anonymousreply 1107/25/2013

1. The dog is probably vaccinated

2. You grab your dog - not the raccoon

3. Get used to having raccoons; they're cool and your dog is probably an asshole

by Anonymousreply 1307/25/2013

Fuck the raccoon. I'd do the same if it attacked my dog.

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2013

I'd have done the same too. Don't fuck with my pets.

by Anonymousreply 1507/25/2013

Yes, r12, we already read your other post at r9.

by Anonymousreply 1607/25/2013

Raccoons are nasty animals and in some areas of the US they are known to carry RABIES. I would likely have done all I could to defend my pet AND to distance myself from such a nasty animal.

by Anonymousreply 1707/25/2013

Raccoons are nasty vermin.

by Anonymousreply 1807/25/2013

What he did is exceedingly brave, Racoons are vicious wild animals. I would have used a broom to separate them.

He probably should get a rabies shot just to make sure.

by Anonymousreply 1907/25/2013

^ and I actually like racoons (they're intelligent, playful creatures), but from a distance.

by Anonymousreply 2007/25/2013

Hmm... I like the idea of raccoons and I wouldn't actively do harm to them, or to any animal. But you better believe that if a raccoon was attacking my dog like that I would do whatever I needed to save my dog.

by Anonymousreply 2107/25/2013

Raccoons are not *cool*. They are vicious, disease-ridden scavengers. They infested my mom's house through a breach in a soffit on our second floor and it was hell. I had to beat one away with a rake after it charged me, literally foaming at the mouth.

This guy did the right thing. Had he just tried to pull the dog away the thing would've gone nuts and attacked both of them.

by Anonymousreply 2207/25/2013

Raccoons can eat some dogs and cats right? I knew this lady who her neighbor had a toy poodle, and the neighbor said she woke up one morning and found two body parts of her dog strewn across her backyard. She claimed raccoons ate her dog.

by Anonymousreply 2307/25/2013

More than likely it was coyotes

by Anonymousreply 2407/25/2013

Raccoons hiss like that word we can't use around here anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2507/25/2013

Awww, look at the sad eyes of the raccoon as he is thrown off the cliff to his death :(

by Anonymousreply 2607/25/2013

Not surprising some of you cunts are on the raccoon's side. This happened on the man's property. His dog was outside and clearly isn't a fighter. I'm sure the dog started barking when it saw the raccoon. If I saw my dog being attacked by a raccoon I would attack the raccoon as well. Sometimes you have to make a choice and I'd rather hurt a raccoon than let my dog get killed. I would have kicked the fucking thing though.

by Anonymousreply 2707/25/2013

Watch the whole video idiots...

by Anonymousreply 2807/25/2013

I would have killed that nasty, dirty raccoon.

by Anonymousreply 2907/25/2013

That was hilarious. One of the posters on R28's video said that he threw the raccoon like a turnip from Super Mario 2.

Is Kevin Rose uncut? I bet his foreskin is ripe after all that exertion - I offer to suck him dry.

by Anonymousreply 3007/25/2013

[quote]Not surprising some of you cunts are on the raccoon's side

O the raccoon's side? Are you 12?

by Anonymousreply 3107/25/2013

R9 Exactly. People are acting like he threw it down for fun. The nasty rodent was trying to kill his poor dog.

by Anonymousreply 3207/25/2013

What R30 said.

by Anonymousreply 3307/25/2013

Is Digg still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 3407/25/2013

I am a former vegan and current animal lover, but I would kick the shit out of a raccoon if it were attacking. A raccoon tore open my cat's stomach, racoons can be vicious, and deadly to a cat or dog.

One of my friends opened his door because he heard screaming noises, and saw two giant raccoons were attacking a baby raccoon on his doorstep. My friend tried to yell at the racoons and they looked directly at him and continued attacking the baby raccoon. went inside, grabbed a hockey stick and whacked the attackers like hockey pucks. How is that not moral?

by Anonymousreply 3507/25/2013

Regardless he shouldn't have thrown the raccoon like a turnip. It's just unneccessarily cruel.

by Anonymousreply 3607/26/2013

Oh, please. It's not like he bashed its head in, although I might have to prevent the raccoon from returning to attack at some later time. The raccoon was probably just fine, you delicate little PETAns.

by Anonymousreply 3707/26/2013

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 3907/26/2013

Saw this on Headlines news and Peta said they didn't have a problem with it because the man was just instinctively protecting his dog.

Then they showed video at some zoo of a gorilla hurling an annoying raccoon halfway across his enclosure.

The raccoon then tried to escape into a drainage ditch, but another gorilla yanked it out by the tail. The raccoon did live, but it certainly had the shit scared out of it.

by Anonymousreply 4007/26/2013

Have you ever watched Call of The Wildman.

Raccoons are downright vicious.

by Anonymousreply 4107/26/2013

LOL! I just watched the video and I can't stop laughing at the part where you see the poor raccoon fly throw the air, down the stairs after the guy threw it.

by Anonymousreply 4207/26/2013

What was he supposed to do, r36, lift it up and gently guide it down the stairs? This was definitely a case of "necessary cruelty". Rose's objective was to get the raccoon off the dog and away from them asap, before the possibly-rabid animal bit him.

At least this raccoon (if it's still alive) knows not to come near the house; all you need is two raccoons finding your attic, and before you know it, there's 30 of them up there, shitting and pissing all over the place til the ceiling collapses.

by Anonymousreply 4307/26/2013

The point is that he wasn't trying to kill the raccoon--he was trying to get it the hell away from his dog. His behavior is fine from my perspective.

by Anonymousreply 4407/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 4507/26/2013

^ this clip is hysterical

Jeanne Moos -

"Last time we saw a toss like this was when a raccoon stumbled into a chip enclosure at the St. Louis zoo."

by Anonymousreply 4607/26/2013

The Raccoon was attaching his dog, he heard the dog's whimpering & crying out in pain, and he reacted, any one of you who have a dog or cat that was seconds away from being torn apart would do the same fucking damn thing out of instinct so STFU.

I like raccoon's, but being from the country I know how damn viscous they can be:

Case in Point- my grandmothers old Persian cat was literally torn apart by a Raccoon, the cat was usually an inside cat, but ran outside when she opened the door one evening, we think she sensed that the raccoon was on her property and went to defend her turf, my grandmother said next thing she knew she heard the cat fighting, she ran to get her, and saw that it was a raccoon she was fighting with, she grabbed a shovel to beat the raccoon off of the cat, but by the time she got there the cat's sides were all torn up, blood everywhere, my grandmother said she started hitting the Raccoon to get it off of her cat, but the cat was making horrible sounds & she knew it was dying, the raccoon then lunged at her, she managed to give it one good hit but not before it lunged at her shoulder and torn off some off her flesh, she bashed it on the head before it could come at her again, & I guess that made it finally take off, my grandmother had to call 911 because she was bleeding so badly, & she called my brother in law to come & get her cat who was still in the yard wailing, she was crying so hard he could hardly understand her. The fire dept arrived first and one of them attempted to pick up Misty the cat but she was already nearly dead, her stomach was torn open too, she died a few seconds after he tried to stop her bleeding to get her to the vet, my grandmother had to go the the ER and got 18 stitches, and had to endure rabies shots later, she loved that damned cat & to this day if you mention Misty's name she will burst into tears.

I do not hate raccoons though, we had a friend who used to feed one that came onto his property years ago, & for some reason this raccoon got along with his dog, a German Shepard no less, they never showed any aggression toward each other, but raccoons can be very vicious, and when they are in attack mode, they can easily maime or kill a dog or cat. Just imagine your beloved pet wailing in pain & being attached, about to be killed, then you would also react out of instinct to protect it like this man did. I am sure if there was a camera capturing my grandmother hitting that raccoon on the head with a shovel, you would think she was also being "cruel" to the raccoon, but if you could see what became of poor old misty, or the scar still left on my grandmother's shoulder you would STFU.

by Anonymousreply 4707/26/2013

^ and you are a cunt ;)

by Anonymousreply 4907/26/2013

That was a sizable dog, and it ran like a straight bitch (no pun intended) from that raccoon. Then it just stood on the landing, looking around like "Who? Me?" as his master continued to fight for his life at the paws of a vicious raccoon. What kind of so-called dog is that, a poodle?

by Anonymousreply 5007/26/2013

R50, poodle can be very tough and strong like a German Shepard. Don't judge the book by its cover.

by Anonymousreply 5107/26/2013

R40 is correct - that dog hauled ass like Jackie trying to get out of that convertible in Dallas!

by Anonymousreply 5207/27/2013

The guy did the right thing, there is no question.

by Anonymousreply 5307/27/2013

I fuckin hate raccoons. They are filthy and spread lepto to dogs. I hope the raccoon died. Cocksucking motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 5407/27/2013

[quote]Fuck the raccoon. I'd do the same if it attacked my dog.

That raccoon was not attacking the dog, it was the other way around. I already contacted PETA about this!

by Anonymousreply 5507/27/2013

Could you please stop being so opaque R54? What are you trying to say?

by Anonymousreply 5607/27/2013

Kevin Rose is ugly and a nerd.

by Anonymousreply 5707/27/2013

He threw the poor creature against the side railing, and you could see part of the eyeball pop out to the side. THAT WAS DISGUSTING!

by Anonymousreply 5807/27/2013

My niece called out to my sister from her bedroom one night. "Mommy, there's a funny cat pressed up to the screen". My sister ran into the second floor bedroom to see a huge raccoon jammed on the sill, clawing at the screen and making weird sounds. She threw a large amount of hot water on the screen but the raccoon kept working the screen. She took my niece and locked the bedroom door and called animal control.

Turns out the thing was rabid and would certainly have harmed the 8 year old.

by Anonymousreply 5907/27/2013

OMG, r59!

by Anonymousreply 6007/27/2013

Hot water? WTF? Was she trying to boil the raccoon? Why not just water? What a fucking bitch!

by Anonymousreply 6107/27/2013

r55... take your meds, honey.

Your multiple posts are irrational.

by Anonymousreply 6207/27/2013

Um, she was trying to drive away an aggressive hissing raccoon. I don't think using hot water (from the tap) was too extreme.

by Anonymousreply 6307/27/2013

I did think he threw the raccoon too hard, so that it won't bite him.

by Anonymousreply 6407/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!