Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

10 Pop Stars Who Were Born Rich

10. Robin Thicke 9. Miley Cyrus 8. Psy 7. Mike Posner 6. Jordin Sparks 5. Darren Criss 4. Ed Sheeran 3. Cassie 2. Ariana Grande 1. Willow & Jaden Smith

Also, she wasn't on this list but apparently Taylor Swift was pretty well-off before she started. Family had an 11-acre home in Pennsylvania, a New Jersey beachhouse, and her dad funded her original record label.

The more ya know, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 3605/30/2014

Wi the ruck are some of those?

Ed sheeran?

by Anonymousreply 107/25/2013

Some British singer, R1

by Anonymousreply 207/25/2013

I've always admired celebs who were NOT born rich and became successful on their own.

by Anonymousreply 307/25/2013

and as we can see, the "badass cooler than you" BS that Thicke, Miley and Posner try to throw our way is laughable, given their backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 407/25/2013

[quote] Good for Sparks for not using her dad's football fame to get her foot in the door. The 'No Air' songstress worked hard to get where she is today!

I had to chuckle at that quote from the part on Jordin Sparks. Her father had been trying to get her a record deal prior to American Idol. I watched that season of Idol and she mentioned her dad being a retired football player several times on air.

by Anonymousreply 507/25/2013

Lady Gaga earned everything through her talent. Also, inb4 copy-cat, Lady CaCa, Madonna comparisons, etc...

by Anonymousreply 607/25/2013

Well, I guess Madonna is more or less self-made. She wasn't dirt poor like she claimed to be but she didn't seem to have as many connections as the others

by Anonymousreply 707/25/2013

R7 her pussy made her career. Hooking up with Jellybean sexually allowed her to convince him to hook up with her first album and remix the beats to make her voice not sound so bad.

by Anonymousreply 807/25/2013

On what planet are Jaden and Willow Smith pop stars?

by Anonymousreply 907/25/2013

Isn't Bob Dylan's son also a musician of some sort?

by Anonymousreply 1007/25/2013

Um Willow Smith had a huge hit with that damn whip my hair song.

by Anonymousreply 1107/25/2013

OP, if those people were actually stars, your headline would still be wrong: there's eleven of them.

by Anonymousreply 1207/25/2013

Lesley Gore

by Anonymousreply 1307/25/2013

R8, yeah, of course she slept with people and got songs out of it but it's not like her father paid for her career or shoved her into singing lessons since age 5. A lot of other popstars have had full support from their families for a long time--almost like they've been bred for success: Britney, Christina, Janet, Gaga, etc. The only popstars who haven't really started off rich have been Madonna and Nicki Minaj.

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2013

R6, Lady Gaga was born rich. Yes, she earned her personal fortune through her talent, but her parents are loaded.

by Anonymousreply 1507/25/2013

I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed that Lana del Ray didn't manage to make the list. She should be on it, but I like that she was ignored.

by Anonymousreply 1607/25/2013

Lana del Ray is definitely uppper middle class. As was Lady Gaga growing up.

So was Dido, the british singer. And I believe James Blunt was too.

If you count offspring of the already rich and famous you get a lot of names (the guys from LMFAO, Rockwell, etc).

by Anonymousreply 1707/25/2013

Blasts from tne past -- Gary Lewis from Gary Lewis and the Playboys. Dino (Martin), Desi (Arnaz Jr) and Billy, Nancy Sinatra, Noel Harrison

by Anonymousreply 1807/25/2013

Should add Evan Dando, who attended the Commonwealth school in Boston, and Juliana Hatfield, who's dad was a well-known MD there and mother wrote a column for the Globe. She grew up in Duxbury (upper mid class).

Should add Courtney Love here, even though she had a messy childhood she was a trust fund kid. Her mother came from money.

by Anonymousreply 1907/25/2013

My nephew attends the same school that Darren Criss attended and it's a fancy pants school. It's located in a Pacific Heights Mansion in SF and it's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2007/25/2013

[quote]I've always admired celebs who were NOT born rich and became successful on their own.

How original.

by Anonymousreply 2105/30/2014

[quote]her dad funded her original record label.

Not true.

by Anonymousreply 2205/30/2014

For those wondering who British singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran is, check out this haunting ballad of his:

by Anonymousreply 2305/30/2014

Is Ed gay?

by Anonymousreply 2405/30/2014

I was also surprised that Taylor Swift wasn't included on that list. Her family wasn't mega rich, but they were able to finance a lot of things early on, that other pop stars' families couldn't finance.

by Anonymousreply 2505/30/2014

Ed Sheeran used to go on and on about sleeping on couches and not having a home when he started out with his music career. I even remember stories about him sleeping at his managers or agents couch because he had nowhere else to go.

by Anonymousreply 2605/30/2014

Enrique Iglesias

by Anonymousreply 2705/30/2014

Carly Simon's father was the Simon in Simon & Schuster.

by Anonymousreply 2805/30/2014

Why just go after pop stars?

Many of those 60s musicians came from connections/money. David Crosby, Grace Slick, Jim Morrison, Frank Zappa

by Anonymousreply 2905/30/2014

So what we've learned from this thread is you either have to have a rich daddy or use your pussy in order to get ahead in the music biz.

by Anonymousreply 3005/30/2014

In addition to the music world, there have been some actors and actresses that came from connections and money.

by Anonymousreply 3105/30/2014

[quote]Willow & Jaden Smith

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3205/30/2014

Who cares? These people have some kind of talent at least.

What's Rumor Willis' excuse? Or Paris Hilton?

by Anonymousreply 3305/30/2014

[quote]These people have some kind of talent at least.

You understand the point of "The Karate Kid" was to root for the star, not hoping he gets beaten to a pulp, right?

by Anonymousreply 3405/30/2014

I think the Jonas Bros came from an upper middle class background.

And while not pop stars, the Mara sisters (Kate & Rooney) come from an extremely wealthy background - their gfather was Wellington Mara, who owned the NY Giants, among many other things.

by Anonymousreply 3505/30/2014

Alternative rock is filled with trustafarians. How else could they make a living?

by Anonymousreply 3605/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.