Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Percentage of time you actually spend working

What percentage of your workday would you say you actually spend working? For me, it's probably about 30% working and 70% either pretending I'm working or surfing the net etc.

by Anonymousreply 1507/25/2013

Thanks for sharing OP!

by Anonymousreply 107/24/2013

Nice try R1 but, I know for a fact that nobody is secretly watching what I'm doing online at work.

by Anonymousreply 207/24/2013

90% of my time is spent working and 10% is spent chatting and goofing off.

by Anonymousreply 307/24/2013

"Work and work. What is work?"

by Anonymousreply 407/24/2013

A good friend gave me a job with his company when I lost my job a while ago. He can only afford me 5 hours a day, but pays me twice what I was getting at the old job. I do more work in those 5 hours than I did in the 8 at the other job mostly because he's a friend, he also pays me decently, he treats me decently and I get to work at home in my underwear and don't have to put up with petty office bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 507/24/2013

Are there any openings where you work, OP?

by Anonymousreply 607/24/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 707/24/2013

I wank all the time, about 25% of the day. In fact, I'm wanking now.

by Anonymousreply 807/25/2013

I used to spend 95% of my day working. But I haven't had a raise since 2008 and now my boss wants things faster and faster and so I now spend about 60% of my day working and the rest attempting to stay awake. I surf the net on my phone because I they have spyware on all our computers at work. I'd probably not be so resentful if my boss hadn't just purchased a 2 million dollar house...with cash.

by Anonymousreply 907/25/2013

It really depends on workload. Some days are truly 150%, overtime, and some days are 0%.

Some days I have enough work for 100%, but I chill and do about 50%.

by Anonymousreply 1007/25/2013

Probably about 10%. When I get in the office, I usually spend about an hour making breakfast and having my coffee while reading the paper in the breakroom. Then I take the paper into the bathroom to continue reading for half an hour. Then I make my rounds to chat with everyone for an hour. Then I get to my desk and check email. If there are no urgent emails I go play foosball or pool or Guitar Hero in the game room. Then I go to lunch for an hour and a half to two hours. Then I check email again. If nothing urgent, I go to the company gym or go for a swim. Then I'll just check email from my phone in the lockerroom for the rest of the day before going home.

by Anonymousreply 1107/25/2013

R11 is senior management

by Anonymousreply 1207/25/2013

R11 is Patrick Bateman.

R5 What kind of company does your friend have?

by Anonymousreply 1307/25/2013

I'm in the 90-95% work range.

But then what do you consider "work"? If I'm on the employee website looking up info on my benefits, or my 401k balance does that count? It isn't really work, but I can only access it from the office when I'm on the company network...

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2013

I'm a writer. I probably do about 3 hours of real work a day. But I spend the rest of the time thinking I'm working.

by Anonymousreply 1507/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.