Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cyndi Lauper: 30th anniversary tour

Did anyone go? She did this one for the fans, to thank them for making GIRLS such a big hit. She performed every song as well as told stories behind each song.

Cyndi's always been a true friend to the gays, and has never deserted us in all of these years. I'm willing to forgive any bad behavior she has, because she's been on the mainline the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 1808/04/2013

OP can you tell us about the stories she told? Love this woman. Here's someone who should have had a bigger career. It's a shame someone less talented, less pretty and more of a thieving bitch became more famous and popular.

by Anonymousreply 107/24/2013

Come on, r1, that's no way to talk about Miss Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 207/24/2013

You can definitely tell Cyndi is a real singer, even if you weren't a fan. She has those aging strained-from-singing-rings around her neck. She always gives her all in performances.

by Anonymousreply 307/24/2013

R3, I always thought those rings around her neck were dirt rings. They are age rings?

by Anonymousreply 407/25/2013

I saw her last month when she played at The Greek in Hollywood. She still has an amazing voice and performed the hell out of everything she sang. She did the entire "She's So Unusual" album from beginning to end, plus "Shine" and "True Colors" during the encore.

Our only complaint was she didn't go on until after 9:30 and there's an 11 o'clock curfew at The Greek. A lot of her back stories for the songs rambled on far too long so she had to cut her encore way short - she only did one verse and one chorus of "True Colors," letting the audience sing most of the chorus. It was just days after she won the Tony for "Kinky Boots" so I imagine she would have done something from that if she'd had more time.

She was also openly poking fun at the anniversary tour because the fans "only want to hear the old stuff." Like I said, she sang the hell out of everything but she made it clear it was all ancient history for her and she'd much rather be doing more current stuff.

by Anonymousreply 507/25/2013

[quote]she only did one verse and one chorus of "True Colors," letting the audience sing most of the chorus.

I HATE when singer/groups have the audience "sing" a song instead of singing it themselves. I paid to hear the singer, not an audience "singing" all at once only to sound like a mess.

by Anonymousreply 607/25/2013

R1 please! Cyndi's 2 biggest hits weren't even written by her

In fact Girls Just Wanna Have Fun was a cover originally sung by a man.

by Anonymousreply 707/25/2013

[quote]She did this one for the fans, to thank them for making GIRLS such a big hit.

It's great when entertainers show their appreciation to the fans like that.

Just to clarify, that means tickets were free for fans, right?

Otherwise it's just another concert.

by Anonymousreply 807/25/2013

l love this lady is she coming to the UK?

by Anonymousreply 907/25/2013

Lauper and the other one are both talented and a few years ago on CNN Lauper called herself "the evil cousin" of "the other one" and said she would love to do a duet with her

While it's great that Lauper has become a champion for gay rights, "the othet one" was speaking up for gay rights and AIDS awareness as far back as the mid 80s, including doing PSA's, benefit concerts, and caring and paying all the medical bills of her best friend dying from the disease, while Lauper was silent on gay or AIDS issues until the 90s, after "the other one" broke the barrier.

I'll never understand the hatred "the other one" gets on the DL

by Anonymousreply 1007/25/2013

and fuck Celine Dion! Cyndi's version "I Drove All Night" is much more emotional and artistic than Dion's screaming.

by Anonymousreply 1107/25/2013

Lauper's "Little Boy Blue" was a song about her dear friend who had died of AIDS- something she put in the liner notes on her 1986 "True Colors" album, R10.

by Anonymousreply 1207/25/2013

How is Cyndi in concert?

by Anonymousreply 1307/25/2013

For the ones who saw her, what was it like seeing a woman who's now 60 singing about female masturbation (the song "She Bop") ?

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2013

anyone else been to her current tour?

by Anonymousreply 1508/04/2013

[quote]For the ones who saw her, what was it like seeing a woman who's now 60 singing about female masturbation (the song "She Bop") ?

Not as bad as a 55 year old hag actually simulating female masturbation on stage.

by Anonymousreply 1608/04/2013

R16 ha!

by Anonymousreply 1708/04/2013

my favorites are "All Through The Night" and the Prince-written "When You Were Mine".

by Anonymousreply 1808/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.