Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Caroline Kennedy FINALLY gets a cushy, high-profile government position she neither had to work or qualify for

Nominated as Ambassador to Japan... Does this bitch even speak Japanese?

Amazing how when a rich white woman wants something, she ALWAYS gets her way.

by Anonymousreply 13208/02/2013

Bitter, party of one--your're table is ready.

by Anonymousreply 107/24/2013

No bitterness here cunty R1, just calling it like I see it.

Keep sucking that establishment cock though. How's it taste down there?

by Anonymousreply 207/24/2013

It tastes fantastic, freeper.

BTW--I've worked with Caroline and she's well qualified. But keep sucking that tea party rectum, dear.

by Anonymousreply 307/24/2013

OP the handing of high profile ambassadorships to rich white political donors is a long-entrenched practice in Washington. Has been for years.

You didn't think they appointed ambassadors for their qualifications did you?

by Anonymousreply 407/24/2013

"freeper"!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Take your pills bitch.

by Anonymousreply 507/24/2013

[quote] Caroline Kennedy FINALLY gets a cushy, high-profile government position she neither had to work or qualify for

Who does she think she is? George w bush?

At least she hasn't bankrupted 7 or 8 companies like bush did before becoming president and bankrupting the country

by Anonymousreply 607/24/2013

[quote]OP the handing of high profile ambassadorships to rich white political donors is a long-entrenched practice in Washington. Has been for years.

And you'd hope it would've stopped with Obama, but no. Same shit, different president.

by Anonymousreply 707/24/2013

I'm surprised she even goes out in public after her downright humiliating Senate bid "listening tour."

by Anonymousreply 807/24/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 907/24/2013

White women,you say?

by Anonymousreply 1007/24/2013

Oh, why wasn't I chosen? I worked in a Benihana in Orlando for years!

by Anonymousreply 1107/24/2013

R1/3/11 et all are very, very angry we're taken exception to dear, sweet, entitled Caroline!

by Anonymousreply 1207/24/2013

I thought she was nominated back in winter. Or at least there was something about an ambassadorship to Japan discussed here a few months back.

by Anonymousreply 1307/24/2013

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Tokyo is uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 1407/24/2013

[quote]BTW--I've worked with Caroline and she's well qualified.

COMPLETE bull shit. She has NO qualifications for this job. NONE!

by Anonymousreply 1507/24/2013

Will they translate the ums and uhs into Japanese?

by Anonymousreply 1607/24/2013

R12 Why do you think she's not qualified and who would you rather see in the position? Don't you think the Japanese might be insulted if Joe Schmoe were to be sent as Ambassador? Her position would be largely ceremonial or transmitting information that is provided by the government and carefully prepared by embassy staff who are professional civil servants. These civil servants also have extensive contacts with the Japanese re trade, security and other mutually important matters. It's not as though she's formulating and implementing policy in Japan on her own. If anything, I suspect that the Japanese would be honored to have her as Ambassador due to her pedigree and connections. That sort of status thing is important to them.

by Anonymousreply 1707/24/2013

Her only qualification is her name

by Anonymousreply 1807/24/2013

Please, op, get a grip. She's a perfect candidate for ambassadorship.

by Anonymousreply 1907/24/2013

She has a law degree you ninnies. Just being a Kennedy brings a wealth of public and charitable service. The position is largely ceremonial and there is a history of appointing high profile ambassadors. The Japanese like it that way. This post is not Cairo or Moscow or Pakistan. Get it ?

by Anonymousreply 2007/24/2013

In an effort to assess the qualifications of an Ambassador, it is important to define the role of a United States Ambassador. There is a U.S. Embassy located in each of the countries that maintain a working relationship with us. The U.S.A. Ambassador in a given country is the head of the embassy and basically acts as the official representative of the President of the United States. The first step in becoming an Ambassador is to apply to the U. S. Foreign Service. Individuals must be between the ages of 20 and 59, be well-educated in a variety of subjects and able to pass the Foreign Service Exam, which is given through the U.S. Department of State. Those who are capable of solving problems quickly and fairly, while encouraging diplomatic relationships, will make top-notch ambassadors. For more information visit careers.state.gov. Secretary of State, Hilary Rodham Clinton, will personally welcome you to the site!

by Anonymousreply 2107/24/2013

[quote]BTW--I've worked with Caroline and she's well qualified.

SURE you have hon, sure you have.

And clearing your cache and posting as multiple people isn't working. CK has long irritated the people at DL because she's an incompetent, classist fool. Party affiliation has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 2207/24/2013

Caroline certainly does have qualifications. Here they are--

1. She's influential

2. She's worked with major non-profits

3. Important people like her and are moved by her opinions

4. She's attractive and rich enough to bring a little elan to the post

5. She can use her relationships to get things done.

These may not be skills that people who exterminate roaches or install carpet would find valuable, but they are significant in high diplomacy and politics.

by Anonymousreply 2307/24/2013

R13, there was a thread a few months ago about rumors that she was to be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 2407/24/2013

"She's attractive and rich enough to bring a little elan to the post"

r23, at what age did you lose your sight?

by Anonymousreply 2507/24/2013

Thank god Obama isn't doing anything different from every other president in recent history. That's why we elected him...to be exactly like the Bushes and Clinton and Reagan and....

by Anonymousreply 2607/24/2013

r20 is correct. Japan, France, the UK are all ceremonial appts for wealthy donors. Plus she'll be accompanied by a battalion of experienced State Dept flunkies to help her do the heavy lifting.

She won't be accompanied however by her husband. The tabs are reporting that he'll stay behind in NY to work. She's going to Tokyo alone.

by Anonymousreply 2707/24/2013

Like I said, R20, her only qualification is her name.

by Anonymousreply 2807/24/2013

This is a terrible job. A large part of Japan contains high radiation levels. The Fukushima-Daiichi facility is still releasing nuclear material to this very moment and will continue to for decades to come because the Japanese government wants to ignore it. Tepco which runs the plant said that nuclear material in reactor one will be released into the ocean which means it already happened. Tuna three months after the accident already were contaminated. You can just imagine what it's like now over two years later. The Japanese want to cover this disaster up because they are ashamed and because Japan is a big player in building nuclear plants.

Ambassadors to first-world countries usually are people who have contributed to the President's campaign. Ambassadors to non-first world countries are the real diplomats.

by Anonymousreply 3007/24/2013

Thanks, R24. Good to know I'm not losing my marbles.

About her unfortunate speech patterns. I hope that she's gotten some kind of diction and speech making lessons in the wake of the failed (or never started)Senate campaign. In any case, she'll rely on interpreters who will edit translations.

by Anonymousreply 3107/24/2013

The Kennedy name is magic in Japan. Women do not move in political circles in Japan like they do in America. Being a woman will be a challenge for the Japanese as well as for Caroline. She becomes the perfect candidate for various reasons.

by Anonymousreply 3207/24/2013

You are talking about her "unfortunate speech patterns," when someone like GWB was president?

by Anonymousreply 3307/24/2013

She turned a lot of people off with the way she acted with the Senate race. Her sense of entitlement was astounding. Had she actually attempted to put some effort into campaigning for it, people wouldn't have such a harsh opinion about her. She has no one to blame but herself for that.

Frankly, i'm tired of the whole Camelot bullshit. Aside from Ted, none of them have contributed anything substantial to society since Bobby's death. The majority of them are a bunch of fucked up drunks and druggies.

by Anonymousreply 3407/24/2013

R34,

not true.

U.S. Representative Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island

current U.S. Representative Joseph P. Kennedy III

U.S. Rep Joseph P. Kennedy II

Lt Governor Kathleen Kennedy of Maryland

Robert F. Kennedy Jr, environmental activist

by Anonymousreply 3507/24/2013

[R24] [R31] Andrea Mitchel of NBC news reported her possible appointment in April.

by Anonymousreply 3607/24/2013

Uhm, so I uh, well uhmm,uh,poetry and uhh,mother was? Uh, Camelot and uh Robert Frost and poetry ahh,and well..........well ah uhm,so .....?

by Anonymousreply 3707/24/2013

Patrick Kennedy IS a fucked up druggie.

he's also mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 3807/24/2013

R38, he was an excellent U.S. representative in Congress for many years.

by Anonymousreply 3907/24/2013

RFK Jr was a drunk AND a major heroin addict.

But he's been an eloquent advocate for environmental issue for years.

by Anonymousreply 4007/24/2013

The hell he was. He was an absolute train wreck.

Oh, and Robert F Kenndy Jr is a fucking sleaze who didn't give a rat's ass that his ex-wife hung herself.

by Anonymousreply 4107/24/2013

R40, that does not preclude him from being a very good environmental activist and progressive who has accomplished things environmentally.

by Anonymousreply 4207/24/2013

Japan? Fine. Whatever. She put her lineage on the table and stuck with her commitment to the President through both elections. Rewarding her in a traditional political way for doing that is not scandalous.

Also, this is not a big job. It's not as if the Japanese are looking to hit Pearl Harbor again. She'll smile and nod and go to tea ceremonies. She'll read Japanese poetry. It's fine.

by Anonymousreply 4307/24/2013

I think that's what I was saying.

by Anonymousreply 4407/24/2013

sorry, I meant R41

by Anonymousreply 4507/24/2013

Save the environment, yet don't give one shit if you drive your ex to suicide. Stellar man. Absolutely STELLAR.

There's a reason so many Kennedy women end up dead.

by Anonymousreply 4607/24/2013

Wealthy first-world countries get rich, connected ambassadors who have a different set of qualifications. This has always been true. It's not like Japan or Germany or France are going to war anytime soon, have religious fanatics or have sub-standard living conditions. It's the shit countries where smarts, intelligence and experience count. First-world ambassadorships are basically cocktail parties and the biggest problem the embassies have are American tourists who have lost their passports. It's a cush job.

by Anonymousreply 4807/24/2013

[quote]What Kennedy women have ended up dead?

At this point, Rose and all her daughters (except Jean).

by Anonymousreply 5007/24/2013

well one could argue that Joan (Ted's wife) has nearly ended up dead from her severe alcoholism, which was inherited but exacerbated by her marriage.

Then there's Rosemary, the handicapped daughter that Joe Sr. had lobotomized. Not dead at least but still.

And Marilyn Monroe (allegedly). Don't forget about Pam Kelly, the young woman paralyzed in the 70s in an accident with RFK's boys.

And Kick who died in the plane crash (not really the Kennedy's fault although she used bad judgment). And the woman who claims she was raped by Willie Smith (again not dead but pretty well ruined).

by Anonymousreply 5107/24/2013

R41, yes, I am quite sure that you have studied the political record of U.S. Representative Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island and are deeply aware of what issues he pursued in Congress and what important votes he cast as a representative and how he served his constituency.

by Anonymousreply 5207/24/2013

[quote]Not dead at least but still.

She's dead as a doornail.

by Anonymousreply 5307/24/2013

LOL! Like YOU have, r52!

by Anonymousreply 5407/24/2013

Oh, mistresses don't count R47

Teddy turned his wife into a drunk and then she died a broken down alcoholic.

And, yes, I do count the mistress he just left to drown.

RFK jr didn't want to give his ex squat and then she hung herself.

Either RFK or JFK murdered Marilyn Monroe.

Give me a few more minutes and I'll come up with some more.

by Anonymousreply 5507/24/2013

r53 meant that as saying she didn't die from her lobotomy.

r55 Joan is still alive. Teddy didn't turn her into a drunk (her mother was a severe alcoholic) but the marriage certainly made her situation worse.

Ok let's have a contest. I left out poor Carolyn Bessette! Killed at the ept hand of JFK Jr.

by Anonymousreply 5607/24/2013

[quote]Teddy turned his wife into a drunk and then she died a broken down alcoholic.

Joan Kennedy is still alive and kicking at 76. Their daughter Kara died last year at 51.

by Anonymousreply 5707/24/2013

[quote]Teddy turned his wife into a drunk and then she died a broken down alcoholic.

I may be swozzled, but I'm still very much alive!

by Anonymousreply 5807/24/2013

She's as qualified or more than most Ambassadors.

You're an idiot OP. Look at who else has been ambassadors - they don't have international affairs / business degrees.

You stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 5907/24/2013

[quote]Amazing how when a rich white woman wants something, she ALWAYS gets her way.

Girl pulleeeze!

by Anonymousreply 6007/24/2013

[quote]You stupid fuck.

Mannerssss!

by Anonymousreply 6107/24/2013

She's not what I would call a riveting speaker. Maybe she sounds better in Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 6207/24/2013

Joan's been dead for yrs. It's just not official yet.

Does 15 yr old Martha count.

by Anonymousreply 6307/24/2013

Left out the poor teen in Boston who was seduced by Michael Kennedy before he skied into the tree. She tried to commit suicide over her plight but lived to tell the tale.

And Kara, Ted's daughter, who officially died of a heart attack after suffering from cancer and chemo but really had eating disorders for years. Probably a combo of everything got to her.

Jackie died of leukemia but do we really know that for sure? (Just kidding).

by Anonymousreply 6407/24/2013

Don't forget her sister Lauren, R56.

A former girlfriend of John Jr's. wrote a memoir about her relationship with him which Vanity Fair excerpted. She described an incident on a trip to Jamaica that nearly got both of them killed. He had forgotten to pack a "skirt" for his kayak. It's basically a snug plastic/vinyl cover for the kayak that fits around the passengers and keeps water from getting in and capsizing the vessel. Anyway, despite this John John persisted and piloted the couple out past the surf into more open waters that became hazardous with high waves. They nearly crashed into a rock as they were paddling furiously trying to get back to shore before the kayak took them under or came apart. So they did get back. After some silence, the first words he could croak out to the woman he'd nearly gotten killed: "Don't tell my mother." You can't make that up!

by Anonymousreply 6507/24/2013

r63 Martha was killed by an RFK in-law. Doesn't really count but you can say an indirect connection.

I left out poor Lauren Bessette in my post at r56.

Am I missing anybody?

by Anonymousreply 6607/24/2013

That's right!

JFK Jr took out his wife and sister-in-law. Not intentional, but still.

What kind of idiot gets caught flying at night when he has no instrument training.

Piloted that sucker straight into the water.

by Anonymousreply 6707/24/2013

How did she do in Moot Court at Columbia Law School?

by Anonymousreply 6807/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 6907/24/2013

Mark Shriver- runs the U.S division of Save the Children

Anthony Shriver- founded Best Buddies

Timothy Shriver- President of Special Olympics

Bobby Shriver- founded Red with Bono and has also been a public servant in Southern California

Maria Shriver- married a douche, but is also a best selling author

The Shriver's trump the Kennedy's in this day and age. They are all well educated and scandal free (except for Maria having married a douche).

by Anonymousreply 7007/24/2013

[quote]Does this bitch even speak Japanese?

No, but I think she's Turning Japanese:

by Anonymousreply 7107/24/2013

[quote]Maria Shriver- married a douche, but is also a best selling author

Don't forget award-winning journalist. And - best of all - NOT DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 7207/24/2013

re: What Kennedy women have ended up dead? beside Mary Jo Kopeckne (who was a dalliance) and recently the wife of Robert F. Kennedy Jr?

R47, How many do you want?

Please read r51 post.

by Anonymousreply 7307/24/2013

Give her a break! Her father was killed!

by Anonymousreply 7407/25/2013

She's probably the only left winger with Obama's ear. Don't envy her position with China and Japan at loggerheads over those islands.

by Anonymousreply 7507/25/2013

I love the Kennedys.

by Anonymousreply 7607/25/2013

I hate the Kennedys.

by Anonymousreply 7707/25/2013

OP is clearly an expert on diplomacy. It shines through in the posts.

by Anonymousreply 7807/25/2013

Definitely, r78. The most moronic comment was "Does this bitch even speak Japanese?" Ambassadors and diplomats in general don't have to speak the language of the country they are posted to as they are generally moved every few years. So, unless they are expected to learn about 10 foreign languages, there's no requirement to speak the language of the country they are posted to.

by Anonymousreply 7907/25/2013

Carolyn's merely following the precedent of her grandfather, Joe Sr., in getting a cushy, ceremonial ambassadorship. You children aren't old enough to recall , but, Daddy Joe was Ambassador to the Court of St. James(read UK) Not a bad gig for an ex-bootlegger.

by Anonymousreply 8007/25/2013

[R80] Try Caroline instead of Carolyn. They aren't even pronounced the same.

by Anonymousreply 8107/25/2013

R20: We know she has a law degree. But has she ever practiced law?

Will she live in Japan, or keep the same-old and stay in New York?

by Anonymousreply 8207/25/2013

Her boytoy is going with her.

by Anonymousreply 8307/25/2013

Caroline lost me when she agreed to have breakfast with Al Sharpton in Harlem, when she was preparing to run for Hillary's Senate seat.

by Anonymousreply 8407/25/2013

The mother of the teenage girl Michael Kennedy raped died an untimely death from cancer, aggravated by the stress and publicity from the incident.

by Anonymousreply 8507/25/2013

July 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Japan relief at Kennedy choice for US ambassador

By Jonathan Soble in Tokyo

When Barack Obama named John Roos, a lawyer and fundraiser who was prominent in Silicon Valley but unknown to the wider public, as ambassador to Japan in 2009, some in Tokyo fretted that the choice signalled a downgrading of the US-Japan relationship.

Japan, a close US ally and major trade partner, had become used to hosting US political stars: since the 1970s, ambassadors had included two former senators, a former House majority leader and a former vice-president, Walter Mondale.

But Japan’s chronic economic problems and the rise of neighbouring China, it seemed, were threatening to relegate it to a more junior tier in the eyes of the new administration.

Four years later, there is palpable relief in Tokyo that Mr Obama has picked a bona fide celebrity as Mr Roos’ successor: Caroline Kennedy, the author, lawyer, Democratic party activist and daughter of John F. Kennedy, the assassinated US president.

The White House announced its intention to nominate Ms Kennedy late on Wednesday night, ending months of speculation.

On Thursday, Yoshihide Suga, Japan’s chief cabinet secretary, left little doubt that his government saw the choice as an affirmation of Japan’s status, and as a boost for plans by Shinzo Abe, the prime minister, to forge even stronger defence and trade ties with Washington.

“I hear she is deeply trusted by President Obama, and I strongly approve of the appointment as a sign that the Obama administration views the US-Japan alliance as important,” Mr Suga told reporters. Japanese media and analysts also interpreted the nomination as a show of US support – seen as especially vital at a time when Japan is sparring with China over the ownership of islands in the East China Sea.

Washington has assured Tokyo that the remote, Japanese-controlled islands – known as the Senkaku in Japan and the Diaoyu in China – fall under the US-Japan security treaty, but has been markedly reluctant to be drawn into a potentially violent conflict with China.

“She’s a celebrity, and symbolism is important in foreign policy,” Kuni Miyake, a former Japanese diplomat now at Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto, said of Ms Kennedy. “It’s a question of how close she is to Obama, and whether she can interfere, in the good sense, to keep the bilateral relationship strong in difficult times.”

Rumours of Ms Kennedy’s appointment had circulated for months. She was one of Mr Obama’s highest-profile supporters when he sought the Democratic nomination for president in 2008, and her early endorsement – along with that of her uncle, the late senator Edward Kennedy – was seen as crucial to his eventual victory against the more heavily favoured Hillary Clinton.

The appointment of Ms Kennedy, who would become the first female US ambassador to Japan, must still be confirmed by the US Senate.

While her nomination was widely welcomed in Japan, media also noted her lack experience in diplomacy or formal political office. She will be challenged not only by the islands dispute, but by a planned revision of the overall guidelines governing the US-Japan security relationship.

Mr Abe wants a more assertive role for Japan’s military, which has long been circumscribed by the country’s anti-war constitution. The US has also supported a greater role for Japan in security matters, but hostility to Mr Abe’s ambitions from China and even allied South Korea has made the issue more delicate.

Japan has also joined negotiations over the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership trade bloc, bolstering the US-driven initiative but posing challenges to negotiators on both sides, as Tokyo seeks to maintain protections for farm products while Washington faces fire on Japan’s foreign exchange policies from carmakers and other domestic manufacturers.

by Anonymousreply 8607/25/2013

Why r84? Sharpton is an intelligent and crucial player on the Democratic team.

by Anonymousreply 8707/25/2013

[R82] Would practicing law qualify someone for a diplomatic post?

by Anonymousreply 8807/25/2013

This is really a unique appointment. One does not have to have experience in embassy work to get selected to be an ambassador. It would be amazing if a story like this could be made into a Broadway musical.

by Anonymousreply 8907/25/2013

Let's say it IS "just her name."

That's like saying "George" is "just the baby's name," as if the entire ancestry and destiny are to be minimized.

Caroline KENNEDY might just be the only person who can get the Japanese govt to come clean about the perils of Fukushima.

by Anonymousreply 9007/25/2013

The Japanese have welcomed her appointment.

by Anonymousreply 9107/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 9207/25/2013

The "Hostess with the Mostess", Ambassador to Luxembourg.

by Anonymousreply 9307/25/2013

Op, the same can be said about Hillary Clinton. This woman use to work for Walmart now she is considered to be the next president of the United states. The privileges of being white.

by Anonymousreply 9407/25/2013

Carolyn Bessette Kennedy once stocked shelves at Caldor.

by Anonymousreply 9507/25/2013

What qualified the actor, John Saxon, to be ambassador to Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 9607/25/2013

Why would Caroline want an ambassadorship in Japan, when her children are here?

by Anonymousreply 9707/25/2013

Lucky sperm club if ever there was. She's just lucky she didn't hit a rubber wall up inside Marilyn Monroe's nasty cooch.

by Anonymousreply 9807/25/2013

OP is a raging freeper cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9907/25/2013

When John Q. Adams became Ambassador to Russia, his boys were left standing on the dock as John Q. and wife sailed away. Of course that was a surprise to Mrs. Adams since he didn't tell her that the boys weren't coming with them. She wasn't a happy camper.

by Anonymousreply 10007/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 10107/25/2013

[R101] You stupid CLUNT. You miss the point entirely. She doesn't need any qualifications to be the Ambassador to Japan. 35% of ambassador posts are held by appointees. The rest are career diplomats.

by Anonymousreply 10207/25/2013

[R96] Who is John Saxon? What qualified JOHN GAVIN to be ambassador to Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 10307/25/2013

Glad to see Obama is soooooooo different from every other president.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10407/25/2013

Say, r23, if the role of ambassador is largely ceremonial, what or how is she going to use her name and connections to "get things done"?

by Anonymousreply 10507/25/2013

[quote]]R1/3/11 et all

The term is [italic]et al.[/italic], abbreviation of the Latin phrase [italic]et alii[/italic], meaning "and others". Because the second word ([italic]al.[/italic]) is an abbreviation of [italic]alii[/italic], it must be followed by a period regardless of where it appears in the sentence (as with [italic]etc.[/italic]).

by Anonymousreply 10607/25/2013

Sorry, John Gavin.

Still an actor.

by Anonymousreply 10707/25/2013

Shirley Temple was at least as qualified as John Gavin when she was appointed Ambassador to Ghana -- better tap dancer AND she had ringlets!

by Anonymousreply 10807/25/2013

What's the base salary for her job?

by Anonymousreply 10907/25/2013

I wonder if her marriage is satisfactory and/or emotionally close.

by Anonymousreply 11007/25/2013

I thought she was having a very indiscreet affair with some big shot, R110? Was it a TV exec. or something, I forget. Not an indicator of a very solid marriage. Sham marriage maybe, but not a solid one.

by Anonymousreply 11107/25/2013

Has Ed Schlossberg ever worked a day in his life? What does he do, if anything?

by Anonymousreply 11207/25/2013

LMAO R87

by Anonymousreply 11307/25/2013

[quote]Her boytoy is going with her.

Art Sulzberger is going to Tokyo? who will helm the Times then.

by Anonymousreply 11407/25/2013

John Gavin resigned as Ambassador to Mexico at the insistence of his wife, Constance Towers, after his life had been threatened several times.

by Anonymousreply 11507/25/2013

Caroline's kids are Schlossberg. She's still Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 11607/25/2013

So what if she once stocked shelves at Caldors as a teen. I hope it was as a teen.

by Anonymousreply 11807/25/2013

Years ago, Young Joe, as Joseph Patrick Kennedy II was known, was my congressional rep. Dumb as a post but always voted the way Uncle Ted told him to so he ended up having a decent record. He had some trouble with women, as most Kennedy men do, and finally gave up politics.

Since then, the best amusement that the Kennedys provide is sending freeper shitstains apoplectic with rage at the mention of their name. Caroline is keeping that fine tradition going. It's still a good time.

Bitch about her all you want but the Bush twins couldn't swing an ambassadorship to Trader Vic's, let alone Japan.

by Anonymousreply 11907/25/2013

[quote]John Gavin resigned as Ambassador to Mexico at the insistence of his wife, Constance Towers, after his life had been threatened several times.

What, the same Constance Towers who plays Helena Cassadine? afraid of some Mexican gangbangers -couldnt she just pull out the Ice Princess and freeze them to death?

by Anonymousreply 12007/25/2013

Maybe she'll do something about all of the Japanese kids here at Chanel in Paris. I have to knock them over to get in there.

by Anonymousreply 12107/25/2013

Anyone think the Schlossberg kids will become the Schlossberg-Kennedys?

by Anonymousreply 12207/25/2013

[quote]Bitch about her all you want but the Bush twins couldn't swing an ambassadorship to Trader Vic's, let alone Japan.

This deserves a W&W.

by Anonymousreply 12307/25/2013

I wonder if she'll be granted an audience with Maru?

by Anonymousreply 12407/26/2013

The Kennedy Honors shows are great!

by Anonymousreply 12507/26/2013

DL has a rabid Kennedy fangurl on the loose.

I've seen her before but she's been working overtime on this thread.

Caroline Kennedy needs to go away. If we're lucky, maybe somebody will drive her over a deserted bridge on a rainy night.

by Anonymousreply 12807/28/2013

awright, this is the Datalounge, is she qualified to be Ambassador? Ambassadors are either 1) professional foreign service - in dicey places like Libya or 2) big donors in prestige postings. She qualifies as a big donor. Hell, the current U.S. ambassador to Switzerland is a used-car dealer from Virginia who gave Big Bucks to Obama.

Now, the bigger issue: what the hell is wrong with this woman's skin? She isn't THAT old but she's wrinkled like an old apple. OK, maybe it's praiseworthy that she isn't nipped and tucked, but hell her skin is scary.

by Anonymousreply 12907/28/2013

R127 - did Caroline grow up middle-class and graduate from law school? Was she the bread winner while her husband earned a relatively paltry salary in a redneck southern state?

by Anonymousreply 13007/28/2013

R130, do you think that r127 was being sarcastic, as in the fact that HRC lost the presidential bid?

by Anonymousreply 13107/29/2013

You get what I was getting at, R131.

by Anonymousreply 13208/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.