Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Royal Baby's name revealed: George Alexander Louis

What do you bitches think?

by Anonymousreply 13607/25/2013

Honoring their German roots by picking that ugly Hanoverian name.

by Anonymousreply 107/24/2013

Geoh-age!

by Anonymousreply 207/24/2013

I think George is an ugly old man's name, and there's no more appealing nickname for it. But I guess that's what you get stuck with when you're royalty.

by Anonymousreply 307/24/2013

I hate the name George too! Even though I loved George Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 407/24/2013

I'm really surprised Philip, Charles or Michael didn't make it as one of the middle names.

by Anonymousreply 507/24/2013

They didn't name him Diana??!!!

by Anonymousreply 607/24/2013

Queen Alexandra called her son Georgie, even after he succeeded as King of The United Kingdom and Emperor of India. Even The Tsar of Russia called him Georgie. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 707/24/2013

[quote]Honoring their German roots by picking that ugly Hanoverian name.

George long predates the Hanovers as a good German name. Edward the III made St. George the patron saint of England in medieval times.

by Anonymousreply 807/24/2013

In the Spanish-speaking world, all foreign royals are referred to by their equivalent Spanish names. The Queen is Isabel; Charles is Carlos de Gales; his sons are Guillermo and Enrique... This kid will be Príncipe Jorge.

by Anonymousreply 907/24/2013

Sorry, I meant George long predates the Hanovers as a good ENGLISH name.

by Anonymousreply 1007/24/2013

Georgie, porgie, puddin' and pie.

What a boring name, Will and Kate are duller than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 1107/24/2013

He's his own boy band.

by Anonymousreply 1207/24/2013

Blech. Mad King.

by Anonymousreply 1307/24/2013

Thank you William and Kate for honoring me

by Anonymousreply 1407/24/2013

What's wrong with George?

by Anonymousreply 1507/24/2013

I hope they call him Louis

by Anonymousreply 1607/24/2013

Just to forestall anyone claiming that the Mad George III had porphyria, there is no evidence that he did. The original claim from a mother/son psychiatrist team is spurious. It has since been shown the authors cherry picked symptoms to back their hypothesis. But since the Internet came into existence, people have mindlessly repeated it as fact that George had porphyria.

by Anonymousreply 1707/24/2013

Every George I've ever known in my life has been a loser.

And no, I didn't know George Harrison, who was quite mean to his wives as a matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 1807/24/2013

Why thank you!

by Anonymousreply 1907/24/2013

G.A.L. ???

by Anonymousreply 2007/24/2013

So England has a new Boy George?

by Anonymousreply 2107/24/2013

They don't actually have to call him George, you know.

by Anonymousreply 2207/24/2013

Bitches, he's the ultimate Golden G.A.L.!

by Anonymousreply 2307/24/2013

Long Live George VII!

I actually don't mind this since so many storied English monarchs have had the name George in the past. I think the "Alexander" and "Louis" add to the allure of the name in full. I'm sure Louis is a nod to the Mountbatten side of the family.

by Anonymousreply 2407/24/2013

Edward VIII was called "David" by friends and family. It's quite common for someone to have a "royal name" and a "casual name".

by Anonymousreply 2507/24/2013

I would have liked Alexander for the first name. It's so regal. And George has been done and done.

by Anonymousreply 2607/24/2013

I told that bitch to name him Clarence

by Anonymousreply 2707/24/2013

They will probably call him Xander or something... maybe Alex (like the Dutch dude)

by Anonymousreply 2807/24/2013

It is reported that Prince Charles will reign as George VII.

by Anonymousreply 2907/24/2013

OP - I think you made that up. I think Louis (pronounced Louie) would be cool.

by Anonymousreply 3007/24/2013

They will misspell it as Geroge on his "CUSTOMER CARE" care at CVS.

by Anonymousreply 3107/24/2013

George is a horrible name. It already makes the baby sound fat.

by Anonymousreply 3207/24/2013

R18, How am I a loser? Oh, that's right. You haven't even met me, let alone truly know me.

by Anonymousreply 3307/24/2013

A windfall for Prince Georges County.

by Anonymousreply 3407/24/2013

[quote]And George has been done and done.

That's the point, dear.

Since the reign of William and Mary (1702), with one exception, every British King has been George or Edward.

by Anonymousreply 3507/24/2013

When somebody says George, I think of that retard George W. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 3607/24/2013

Couldn't resist...

by Anonymousreply 3707/24/2013

And on Saturday night under the disco ball at Heaven, just call him "Georgia!"

by Anonymousreply 3807/24/2013

[quote]It is reported that Prince Charles will reign as George VII.

Bullshit.

He's never reigning. That old woman will outlive us all.

by Anonymousreply 3907/24/2013

I think they'll call him Louis until he becomes King.

by Anonymousreply 4007/24/2013

"Louis" for the one who done got blowed up by the Irish.

by Anonymousreply 4107/24/2013

I bet they call him Alex.

I said in the other thread that this has the Queen's hand all over it. She had to approve the names and likely wanted something very traditional.

It's very telling to me that there are no close male relative's names: no Charles, Michael, Philip or Henry, all people close to the couple. Maybe they couldn't agree or choose so as to hurt feelings.

And they went with only three names instead of the traditional four. A good thing imo it needed to be shortened.

by Anonymousreply 4207/24/2013

Junior, first impressions count, so always try to avoid making like a Lohan (screaming, throwing up over people etc) or they'll call you unpleasant, ugly names. Such as, well, George. Oops, too late...

by Anonymousreply 4307/24/2013

[quote] What a boring name, Will and Kate are duller than I thought.

You don't really believe they named the baby, do you?

by Anonymousreply 4407/24/2013

Ah I forgot it was name of Mountbatten. Perhaps they will call him Alexander but that will lead to 'Prince Alex' which is too common. George just sounds horrible for a young boy, and if he's a chubby kid he'll never shake off Georgy Porgy.

by Anonymousreply 4507/24/2013

He will be called Georgie. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 4607/24/2013

To the people, he'll always be Prince Dodi Sharknado Carlos Danger I.

by Anonymousreply 4707/24/2013

[quote]What a boring name, Will and Kate are duller than I thought.

Dull as dishwater.

From, the fun ones:

by Anonymousreply 4807/24/2013

They should have named him Dodi. That would have been a nice way to honour his mothers memory

by Anonymousreply 4907/24/2013

Or Spencer. Seriously, if the Queen were already gone you know they would have tried to put this in the mix of names. Harry will probably do this with his own.

by Anonymousreply 5007/24/2013

I love R47.

R49, look to your left. See that section known as "Wit & Wisdom"?

by Anonymousreply 5107/24/2013

He is truly the people's newest welfare baby.

by Anonymousreply 5207/24/2013

R51 Damn. Nevermind...

by Anonymousreply 5307/24/2013

The kid's name is as boring as his parents.

by Anonymousreply 5407/24/2013

Boring? Of course it's boring. What did you expect?

by Anonymousreply 5507/24/2013

Is it pronounced Louis as in France (Loo-eee) or as in America (Loo-isss)?

by Anonymousreply 5607/24/2013

Loo-eee

by Anonymousreply 5707/24/2013

I was hoping for Spencer as well. William not including something related to his mother is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 5807/24/2013

I'm sure the spare will include his mother's side.

This is heir bullshit, so they go with the royalty crap.

by Anonymousreply 5907/24/2013

[quote]I was hoping for Spencer as well. William not including something related to his mother is horrible.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 6007/24/2013

If he has a girl he will include Diana, but what can he do for a boy? Spencer is the family name so that would be inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 6107/24/2013

HI, GEORGIA!

by Anonymousreply 6207/24/2013

R58. I wholeheartedly agree! A nod to Diana would have been appropriate and the right thing to do.

William could have added the male "Francis" since Diana's middle name is Frances. Diana's father's name is John.

by Anonymousreply 6307/24/2013

I was hoping for Moonchild.

by Anonymousreply 6407/24/2013

I think it's interesting that they did not name the baby after any living family members. They probably wanted to avoid stepping on toes. And it's a nod to the queen's father. I don't really like the name George in this era, though.

by Anonymousreply 6507/24/2013

George is pretty expected; but you have to remember that they had to go with a name that had royal precedent (the queen would literally not approve it otherwise), and unfortunately for them all the other men's names with royal precedent are taken right now. To name the baby Prince Edward or Charles or James or Andrew or Henry would create confusion. And I couldn't imagine them going with Alfred or Leopold or Octavius or Adolphus (precedent name that are too weird), and John is a bad luck name for the British royal family, and Arthur would create confusion about numbering him when he becomes king. So it came down to Stephen or Albert or George, and George was the most likely choice.

I love "Alexander" and "Louis"--they have royal precedent ("Alexander" is the male form of both "Alexandrina," Queen Victoria's actual first name, and "Alexandra," a much beloved former queen; and "Louis" is one of Charles's and William's middle name and honors Charles's beloved mentor Louis Mountbatten), but it was unexpected for them not to give "Charles" or "Philip" as middle names and shows that William and Kate want to strike out a bit on their own. I hope they call him by either of those names.

by Anonymousreply 6607/24/2013

Agree with r66, and also w r67; I didn't think they'd go with James either, given the Queen already has a grandchild with that name and it's Kate's brother's name.

by Anonymousreply 6707/24/2013

Oh my lord! This kids monogram will be GAL I can hear it now, Hi gal! Lookn good gal!

by Anonymousreply 6807/24/2013

it reminds me of Seinfeld

by Anonymousreply 6907/24/2013

I can't stand the Kardashians, but I hope like hell that this kid grows up to fuck and marry North West... or Blue Ivy.

by Anonymousreply 7007/24/2013

[quote]It is reported that Prince Charles will reign as George VII.

Don't count your chickens, Chuck. You are getting mighty long in the tooth, and I'm not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 7107/24/2013

William and Kate clearly want their child to be gay. His initials are G.A.L.

by Anonymousreply 7207/24/2013

Georgie Porgie

by Anonymousreply 7307/24/2013

Why would Charles change his name to George when he becomes king (let's hope he and Camilla never happen), but nonetheless, why change your name?

If Charles changing his name is a nod to his grandfather, (Queen Elizabeth's father George) well then--now there is the royal baby George, who is actually named "George,' and he'll be king eventually.

So why not reign as Charles?

by Anonymousreply 7407/24/2013

George was the name taken by William's beloved grandmother's beloved father when he took the throne. Showing courage and good judgment rare for monarchs of any era, George VI stayed in London with his subjects during the Blitz and subsequent bombings, then died relatively young at 56. I can't say I care much about the baby or his parents, but I like his name and what it stands for.

by Anonymousreply 7507/24/2013

George is popular again for little boys in England. I know of two and they're both under five years old, so perhaps George was seem as the most "modern" of all the options.

by Anonymousreply 7607/24/2013

what do I think? I don't fucking care what the newest edition to the entitled, inbred, ugly, and tax-dollar wasting family's name is. This is just non-news.

by Anonymousreply 7707/24/2013

[quote] I can't stand the Kardashians, but I hope like hell that this kid grows up to fuck and marry North West... or Blue Ivy.

I'd prefer if he fucked and married an older man, like Sean Preston Federline.

by Anonymousreply 7807/24/2013

[quote]Why would Charles change his name to George when he becomes king

The English seem to have an aversion to naming monarchs after previous bad ones. No more Johns and Charles.

by Anonymousreply 7907/24/2013

I know it was floated a while ago but I don't think Charles will take George as his regnal name. For one thing he'll be near-elderly and already known as Charles for decades, a bit late to make such a major change for the public (he'd still be Charles in private).

Also, he'll have his hands full getting the public to accept Camilla as full Queen, something they've been loathe to do so far. That's going to take up a lot of capitol for him and public goodwill. Trying to convince them to call him "George" on top of that effort will prove too much.

He'll be Charles III. This new boy will be George VII.

by Anonymousreply 8007/24/2013

I would have thought 'James' would have always been out due to the notorious James Hewitt issue. It's a shame, though, because I like the name.

by Anonymousreply 8107/24/2013

This stinks of the queen. William said yesterday they were "still working on a name"; I suspect they spent the last 24 hours begging granny not to make them give the baby that "old man name" as a first name. And notice how they didn't announce the name until after the queen made an official visit? They probably had the first name on the certificate left blank so that she could dictate the name to Will and Kate when she got there: "His name is George. Goodbye."

by Anonymousreply 8207/24/2013

Is Datalounge ever happy with any name?

You don't like Jaden or Caden or Jackson or Miles or Quashawn or LaRon or D'Von.

What names do you guys like?

If DL was in charge, kids wouldn't be named at all.

I'm half expecting someone to say that George is a fuck you to the United States.

by Anonymousreply 8307/24/2013

Those racists naming the baby after George ZImmerman. Now we know how those white elitists REALLY feel. They're sick in the head. Fuck them!

by Anonymousreply 8407/24/2013

Nice of them to name him after our two greatest Presidents since Reagan!

by Anonymousreply 8507/24/2013

[quote]William could have added the male "Francis" since Diana's middle name is Frances. Diana's father's name is John.

Francis is also the middle name of Kate's father. Not naming the baby "Michael" or "Francis" is the queen putting her foot down and reminding the Middletons of their place. You know she's not happy about William forcing them down her throat, letting them ride in the Jubilee "Royal Family Flotilla" and all.

by Anonymousreply 8607/24/2013

So much for my premonition that the baby would be named Arthur.

When "George" was being bandied about, I could only think of the stolid Hanoverians. I completely forgot that it was QEII's father's name and well, The King's Speech just reminded people about him. Also thank you previous poster who pointed out "George Clooney". No one ever says he has "an old man's name".

They can call him Prince Geo.

by Anonymousreply 8707/24/2013

[quote]I'm half expecting someone to say that George is a fuck you to the United States.

The dummies over on Yahoo are already saying that. Of course there's no mention of the George who was our ally in WWII.

by Anonymousreply 8807/24/2013

I was holding out for Æthelstan.

by Anonymousreply 8907/24/2013

Carol the coal miners daughter and Kate Middleton go along with whatever name the monarchy says. they will go along with ANYTHING the monarchy says.

by Anonymousreply 9007/24/2013

[quote]Of course there's no mention of the George who was our ally in WWII.

I wouldn't expect the average Yahoo poster to know who our allies were during WWII let alone the name of their King at the time.

by Anonymousreply 9107/24/2013

He's intersex. That GAL initial is a secret Illuminati clue!

by Anonymousreply 9207/24/2013

It is poetic that a coal miners great-grand daughter and the daughter of someone who was born in a council flat gave birth to a future King?

by Anonymousreply 9307/24/2013

A nice tribute to Diana would have been to add Spencer as a middle name George Alexander Spencer

by Anonymousreply 9407/24/2013

[quote]A nice tribute to Diana would have been to add Spencer as a middle name George Alexander Spencer

Sorry, that ship sailed long ago. No one named Diana or Spencer in this family anymore. Moving on!

by Anonymousreply 9507/24/2013

Named after GEORGE LOUIS Costanza (Jason ALEXANDER) on Seinfeld!

by Anonymousreply 9607/24/2013

I tried to get Nola to name our baby George.

by Anonymousreply 9707/24/2013

How boring. They could have been more interesting and gone for Richard or Stephen, king names that nobody was talking about seriously as contenders.

by Anonymousreply 9807/24/2013

I predict a severe public drop off in interest for this baby named George.

by Anonymousreply 9907/24/2013

R99, as has been noted, Richard and Stephen have negative associations. Kings named Richard have been either awful, for example Richard III, or have had awful things happen to them (Richard the Lionheart). The latter spent most of his reign outside England. Stephen was a notoriously inept king.

by Anonymousreply 10007/24/2013

George Alexander Louise

by Anonymousreply 10107/24/2013

According to this story just posted on the NYTimes website, according to William's and Kate's friends, "George" is particularly meant as the couple's tribute to the queen (and William's close relationship with her), since her beloved father ruled under that name.

"Louis" is intended particularly as a tribute to Prince Charles, since his beloved mentor was Lord Louis Mountbatten.

"Alexander," which is a rare name for royal men in the UK, was Kate's particular preference for a name.

by Anonymousreply 10207/24/2013

R101. The name Stephen means "crown." It would have been an entirely appropriate for a king. Geez, these royal inbreds hold a grudge.

by Anonymousreply 10307/24/2013

R103. If William were going to acknowledge his father, he absolutely should have acknowledged his mother in some way.

by Anonymousreply 10407/24/2013

R101, yeah, so what? Charles II was beheaded and Cromwell came in.. didn't stop the Queen choosing it for her heir.

by Anonymousreply 10507/24/2013

[quote]If William were going to acknowledge his father, he absolutely should have acknowledged his mother in some way.

Too bad no one cares about how you feel!

by Anonymousreply 10607/24/2013

[quote]"Louis" is intended particularly as a tribute to Prince Charles, since his beloved mentor was Lord Louis Mountbatten.

Also a nod to Prince Philiip. Mountbatten helped raise him when his parents separated and he went to the UK to be schooled.

by Anonymousreply 10707/24/2013

Give it time they may be saving Diana as a name for a daughter.

How were they supposed to honor her in naming a boy? There are no acceptable male versions of "Diana".

by Anonymousreply 10807/24/2013

They weren't about to give "Spencer" as a middle name. Actual royal children (and we're not talking about Anne's trashy non-royal children) don't take last names as middle names.

by Anonymousreply 10907/24/2013

[quote]it reminds me of Seinfeld

Me, too!

[quote]Named after GEORGE LOUIS Costanza (Jason ALEXANDER) on Seinfeld!

Hope he turns out a big, fat loser, too.

by Anonymousreply 11007/24/2013

If he had to be named after a monarch, George VI sounded like a decent fellow. He was also a very reluctant king. Makes one wonder if William is trying to say something...

by Anonymousreply 11107/24/2013

George is a really bad choice and ugly name.

by Anonymousreply 11207/24/2013

It was Charles I who was beheaded, r106. After the Interregnum, his son, Charles II was restored to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 11307/24/2013

Why the insistence among some DLrs that the name must have been already used? Absolute nonsense. Like any family there is usually a nod toward 'family' names, so you end up with several generations where the same names crop up time and again but the idea that there is some sort of law or rule about it is ridiculously wrong.

There has always been a first of any name, but there hasn't ever been a King Albert like some DLrs have suggested. Albert was Victoria's husband, she was the monarch, not Albert. His title was Prince Consort.

George is a traditional English name, he's the patron saint of England for fucks sake. Alexander is a traditional Scottish name and Louis (why the fuck would it be pronounced in the American way?) is the name of the man who was a close family friend. Not as bad a it could have been, but no surprises either.

by Anonymousreply 11407/24/2013

[quote]Why the insistence among some DLrs that the name must have been already used? Absolute nonsense.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 11507/24/2013

[quote]Give it time they may be saving Diana as a name for a daughter. How were they supposed to honor her in naming a boy? There are no acceptable male versions of "Diana".

R109. True, for your first sentence. I hope they do acknowledge Diana if they have a daughter. But to acknowledge Diana with this new kid, they could have given him the male middle name of "Francis" since Diana's middle name is the female "Frances."

Or, Diana's father first nam is John.

by Anonymousreply 11607/24/2013

R116, there have been two Marys as queen but thus far no kings named Mary. Edward may have chosen that name had he ever made it to the throne, however.

by Anonymousreply 11707/24/2013

r117 Diana didn't exactly get along with either of her parents. William barely knew his grandfather.

They'll get around to honoring Diana. If William doesn't outright use "Diana" then Harry will eventually. One of them needs to have a girl though, first.

by Anonymousreply 11807/24/2013

[quote]If William were going to acknowledge his father, he absolutely should have acknowledged his mother in some way.

Why? She's dead. What would she care?

by Anonymousreply 11907/25/2013

[quote]"Alexander," which is a rare name for royal men in the UK, was Kate's particular preference for a name.

So, quite possibly, the name they'll use in private.

by Anonymousreply 12007/25/2013

Hi England!

by Anonymousreply 12107/25/2013

I remember when Harry was born and people complaining about his old man names Harry/Henry. They've both come back in style to an extent, at least with the well-to-do.

by Anonymousreply 12207/25/2013

I agree, r77. British parents are going with a lot of traditional names for boys, and George is definitely the most modern of the "royal" names.

by Anonymousreply 12307/25/2013

If they wanted to pay tribute to Lillibet's daddy they would have thrown Albert, not George, into the stew. Everyone in the family called the Duke of York Bertie. Albert Alexander Louis would have been a better choice.

And while we're at it:

1] When did Wills drop the 's'?

2] Why did Diana nickname Henry, Harry, instead of Hal ala Shakespeare? I rather fancy Prince Hal to Prince Harry.

by Anonymousreply 12407/25/2013

Whore-Hay?!?!

by Anonymousreply 12507/25/2013

"It is reported that Prince Charles will reign as George VII."

No, r29. The MOST that can be said on this account is that Charles once said that he MIGHT choose the regal name "George."

I'm betting he sticks with "Charles."

by Anonymousreply 12707/25/2013

Hi Liza!

By the way, I've never heard GAL used for anything except global address list over here, so on the up side it'll just be Americans laughing at him.

by Anonymousreply 12807/25/2013

Charles Phillip Michael. That's what they should have named him. Honor both grandfathers and also Prince Philip, who should have been made King consort long ago.

by Anonymousreply 12907/25/2013

You fussy queens have way too much time on your hands to get so worked up about the name of a foreign country's heir to its monarchy!

by Anonymousreply 13007/25/2013

And even the concept of a monarchy -let alone obsessing over an heir- is ludicrous in this day and age.

But I understand why the Brits do it... good for tourism.

by Anonymousreply 13107/25/2013

Interestingly, if 'king consort' was a thing, Philip would be the second one. Philip of Spain refused to marry Mary I unless he was given an equal role. Although it was her throne, he was given the title king. He split once he realized the festering mass in Mary's womb wasn't a baby but instead a monstrous tumor. She died in physical pain and broken hearted.

by Anonymousreply 13207/25/2013

If they'd given him Alexander as a first name, then the princeling could call his grandma Betty, and when he called her Betty she could call him Al

by Anonymousreply 13307/25/2013

r134, awesome!

FWIW: The three surviving Spencer siblings each have sons. Sarah's is George; Jane's is Alexander; and Charles's elder son is Louis.

by Anonymousreply 13407/25/2013

I think George is a wonderful name.

by Anonymousreply 13507/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.