Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Apple/Mac help needed

I have a 3 year old Macbook Pro and I think it's probably time to update my OS. I don't even know what I have, or what the new OS is. (Mountain Lion I think).

I have linked a screenshot of what I have now. Can someone please tell me what I have and how I can update to the latest OS? If I have missed an OS, do I have to update to those first, or can I skip right to the current OS?

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2013

You're on Snow Leopard. See link.

by Anonymousreply 107/24/2013

You have enough memory to support the latest OS X, which is 10.8 Mountain Lion. Upgrade now through the Mac App Store.

by Anonymousreply 307/24/2013

YUp do it right through your os - so easy a mac user can do it!

by Anonymousreply 407/24/2013

Is it possible to buy a MacBook in the USA with a German keyboard? I am so tired of alt>U, alt>S, alt>shift>2.

by Anonymousreply 507/24/2013

R5, from the online Apple Store you can special order whatever keyboard you prefer. The MacBook will then be shipped to you direct from the manufacturing site in China.

by Anonymousreply 607/24/2013

Thanks everyone :)

by Anonymousreply 707/24/2013

R2, this is completely and utterly untrue. You somehow can find your way to DL with no problem but are the only Mac user unaware of the Seagate swap program that Apple has had in place for quite a while already.

Apple even emailed me, although I did not have one of the affected drives. Apple will have emailed you, too.

Apple will still fix your iMac for free, but your data is toast if you didn't keep your backups to date.

by Anonymousreply 807/24/2013

Help! I haven't slept in three years! What is food?

by Anonymousreply 907/24/2013

Why are you thinking about it? You should just update to the latest software.

by Anonymousreply 1007/24/2013

Throw it away and get a Microsoft Surface PRO -- and for a limited time only, a FREE ZUNE mp3 player!

Such a deal.

by Anonymousreply 1107/24/2013

LOL, r11!

by Anonymousreply 1207/24/2013

I love when you guys talk computers.

by Anonymousreply 1307/24/2013

OP, just click where it says "Software Update..." That's how you update.

Once you're current, you'll see that it's just called OS X now. They dropped Mac from the name of the OS.

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!