Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Travolta To Reunite With Kirstie Alley On Her New TV Land Sitcom

Rhea Pealman also to star, along with a lot of "Cheers" cast, and Jason Alexander...

In a rare TV appearance, John Travolta is set to guest star on TV Land’s new original sitcom Kirstie, reuniting with his Look Who’s Talking co-star Kirstie Alley. Set to shoot early next month, Travolta will play a stagehand on Maddie’s (Alley) Broadway show. After a one-night stand together, Maddie is surprised to find that her fling refuses to be flung. Kirstie, which debuts Dec. 4, centers around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley) whose life turns upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears, hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Rhea Perlman stars as Maddie’s assistant and best friend alongside Michael Richards as Maddie’s outlandish driver. “I’m excited about working with Kirstie again, in addition to such terrific talent on the show,” Travolta said. “It’s always a treat to be surrounded by people you respect so much both personally and professionally.”

by Anonymousreply 1801/01/2014

We approve of this production. Scientology will save the planet!

by Anonymousreply 107/24/2013

Michael Richards? Really?

I guess they won't have any black people on the show.

by Anonymousreply 207/24/2013

How long do you give this trainwreck? 3 months?

by Anonymousreply 307/24/2013

It's TV Land, so it'll probably run for a couple of years. They have nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 407/24/2013

Fresh, original programming with new faces!

What will John and Kirstie's new faces look like?

by Anonymousreply 507/24/2013

Anybody watching this? So far I've seen the first two episodes. Pretty much what I expected. Very capable cast with no good stories to work with, just like the other TV Land sitcoms. I probably will occasionally tune in again. The cast looks like it's happy to finally be on TV again and I am content enough watching this unambitious show. I really wish though TV Land let the writers come up with a bit more intelligent stories.

by Anonymousreply 612/31/2013

R6, what makes you think TVLand is impeding the writers from writing better stories? I don't work on their shows but anyone who works in television will tell you that the bad writing...? It comes directly from the writers themselves.

by Anonymousreply 712/31/2013

[quote]Anybody watching this?

No. Can't stand that loud mouth pig Kuntie Alley.

by Anonymousreply 812/31/2013

Michael Richards is an absolute deal breaker for me and everybody that I could tell.

by Anonymousreply 912/31/2013

Why would anyone want to watch this smug, insane, dishonest, stupid $cio hack parade her fat ass once again in front of the cameras? I can stand a lot of people as performers who I wouldn't like as people, but this bitch has carried water for the cult too publicly and nastily to be tolerable.

Rhea Perlman and Michael Richards sound like they're careers were so far in the crapper that they had to take anything offered. And Travolta's just doing what a closeted $cio does.

LOVE all the stories about Alley's pussy-bumping sessions with Mrs. Travolta/Kelly Preston. Hypocrites. Shills. Losers.

by Anonymousreply 1012/31/2013

How long before this piece of shit gets cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 1112/31/2013

Meanwhile, arch-enemy Leah Remini is guesting on "The Exes." I don't know if the two shows are on the same lot, but if they ever crossed paths ...

by Anonymousreply 1212/31/2013

I like the show, Zenu help me.

by Anonymousreply 1312/31/2013

It's so stupid. Kirstie Alley is just completely unlikeable and Michael Richards is playing his "Kramer" act all over again and is about ten times as irritating as he was on Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 1412/31/2013

Bring back Kirstie's series where she owned a lingerie company. I enjoyed that.

by Anonymousreply 1501/01/2014

Hopefully OnJ will stay away and everyone will live to see tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 1601/01/2014

I checked out the first two episodes. It had some amusing lines and Rhea Pearlman is good in her role but I can't watch it anymore because Kirstie Alley just looks so unappealing with that horrendously heavy makeup and giant ass...I thought she was a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 1701/01/2014

It sucks

by Anonymousreply 1801/01/2014
Need more help? Click Here.