Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best fast food deals

One dollar McDouble, one dollar side salad. Can't beat it, I have it for lunch at least twice a week.

by Anonymousreply 5607/30/2013

Daily Double is much better than the McDouble.

by Anonymousreply 107/23/2013

And now, Datalounge will have you for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 207/23/2013

Nice knowin' ya OP.

by Anonymousreply 407/23/2013

Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 507/23/2013

OP you sound fat.

by Anonymousreply 607/23/2013

OP=fattie mcfatty

by Anonymousreply 707/23/2013

You eat McDonalds for lunch at least twice a week...it's not even worth touching this.

by Anonymousreply 807/23/2013

So you eat poison to save a buck?

Go, you!

by Anonymousreply 907/23/2013

What is healthy food (if any) that you can at a drive thru?

I drive a lot for work and sometimes don't have time to stop anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 1007/23/2013

When I was broke I would order their breakfast, that shit made me feel full all day long.

by Anonymousreply 1107/23/2013

You can make lentils/beans, brown rice and some frozen mix veggies and have a healthy meal(s) for super cheap.

by Anonymousreply 1207/23/2013

I'm sure R12 will disagree, but I work 2 full time jobs and literally don't have time to make anything for "super cheap.'

Between the jobs, commuting, shopping and cooking - really, it's too much. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 1307/23/2013

Fuck you r15

when you're tired and starving, you're tired and starving... and want something quick.

Isn't that the same excuse you use for poor, single mothers?

by Anonymousreply 1607/24/2013

I'm sad for you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1807/24/2013

I like the Wagyu beef quarter-pounder topped with lobster tail!

by Anonymousreply 1907/24/2013

I think all the people who poo-poo food threads are actually fat themselves and are projecting their self-hatred onto others. It's okay to have fast food once in a while, Marys. Unclench for once in your life.

by Anonymousreply 2007/24/2013

[quote]It's okay to have fast food once in a while, Marys.

Sure it is. But eating some double cheeseburger for McDonalds at least twice a week as your lunch in not once in a while, you should not be eating that way.

And learn to eat like an adult R21.

by Anonymousreply 2207/24/2013

Where do you guys go to eat lunch when at work? I find that it's a major problem finding healthy options at the food places around my job and I'm NOT cooking and bringing lunch to work.

by Anonymousreply 2407/24/2013

If you get a fast food burger and skip the fries and soda then you'll be fine. The fries and soda are the worst part, IMO. It's very smart of the OP to opt for a side salad instead.

by Anonymousreply 2507/24/2013

Salad bar is the answer!

by Anonymousreply 2707/24/2013

I eat McDonalds about twice a week for breakfast or lunch and I'm in great shape. I exercise so I can eat what I want.

Dunkin Donuts has pretty tasty lunch options.

by Anonymousreply 2807/24/2013

[quote]The anti fast food loons on this thread are unbelievable. As with most things, if you do it in moderation, you will be fine.

It's not just this thread. Mention any food with fat, salt, sugar or carbs on any DL thread and you'll have crazy assholes falling over each other to brand you a fattie.

by Anonymousreply 3007/24/2013

Why does obesity and anger so often go hand and hand? (see r17)

by Anonymousreply 3107/24/2013

OP...?... You know & I know, that NOTHING(!), NOTHING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD,starts a shit-flying-flame-war-grand-supreme, like tapa-tapa-tapping either Walmart OR McDonals into The Data Lounge.

It's like accidentally making a sound in World War Z!

by Anonymousreply 3207/24/2013

I'd get a McDouble at MdD with no cheese or pickles, transfer it to a gluten-free wrap and have a great cheap lunch. A great help when I was unemployed.

Their $1 side salads are also ok and not unhealthy. They have Newmans Own dressings. the $1 yogurt parfaits have real berries and are fine for a cheap snack.

by Anonymousreply 3307/24/2013

R17, Honestly the best and cheapest fast food option is a bean and cheese burrito, and a piece of fruit.

by Anonymousreply 3407/24/2013

[quote]You can make lentils/beans, brown rice and some frozen mix veggies and have a healthy meal(s) for super cheap

And your job doesn't mind you in the bathroom most of the day?

by Anonymousreply 3507/24/2013

Really, R35? Are you a sitcom from 1974?

by Anonymousreply 3607/24/2013

[quote]You can make lentils/beans, brown rice and some frozen mix veggies and have a healthy meal(s) for super cheap

Is there a healthy meal recommendation that wouldn't taste like crap?

by Anonymousreply 3707/24/2013

R34: good point; and said burrito at a Taco Bell is (or at least was? haven't been able (transportation issue, to go to one in 6 years)VERY cheap...

by Anonymousreply 3807/24/2013

R23, drink clorox and die, soon.

by Anonymousreply 3907/24/2013

[quote]There are a lot of "I'm all that" types on here that think they are just too good to eat fast food. You should be dropped off in the middle of Africa for a week and see if you're still too good for fast food.

It's the other way around. Fast food isn't good for us. Cutting out fast food and learning to eat in proper portions means I'm no longer overweight. And when it comes to being "dropped off in the middle of Africa" I spent some time working in West African nations. They have some unique fruits and vegetables that we don't have over here.

by Anonymousreply 4007/24/2013

You know Taco Bell uses lard in their refried beans, don't you? Fuck burritos unless you make them yourself and know the ingredients (or you're in Chicago and go to Bayless' cheaper walk up restaurant - XOXO?).

by Anonymousreply 4107/24/2013

[quote]You should be dropped off in the middle of Africa for a week and see if you're still too good for fast food.

huh? I'm confused. I've been to Africa and frankly never saw fast food anywhere. there is one notable chain of restaurants out of South Africa - "nando's" and that would be the only chain like thing you'd ever encounter ever. you might get sick from the food sometimes but from pathogens, not the toxic waste fast food chains call "food"

by Anonymousreply 4207/24/2013

You realize that eating at a sit-down fine dining restaurant can have far more calories and fat than a typical fast food meal, right?

Or that it's perfectly possible to eat healthy at fast food places without too much effort?

I get the grilled chicken premium wrap ... under 400 calories ... and a water. Under five bucks, delicious, and filling.

You'd be hard pressed to do as well, as quickly and conveniently, and with something that tastes as good.

by Anonymousreply 4307/24/2013

[quote]Cutting out fast food and learning to eat in proper portions means I'm no longer overweight

Ah. Well that explains these crazy and OTT posts. It's the tedious zealotry of the reformed fatty (or fill-in-the-blank-ers).

Fatties who lose weight become food nazis. Alcoholics who quit become drinking nazis. Smokers who quit become smoking nazis. Their experience bears absolutely no relation to most people's lives.

Normal people, those who are not fat, over-indulgent eaters, don't need your subjective, paranoid ranting. We can eat at McDonald's if we feel like it. We can eat carbs and fat and sugar when the mood strikes us. It's perfectly fine and we don't get fat. Maybe we came from a better gene pool. Genes are much more important than diet in determining health and life-expectancy.

YOU can't eat at McDonald's because you're a fatty who won't stop eating it the way a normal person would. That comes under the heading of "Your Personal Problem" not everyone else's.

by Anonymousreply 4407/24/2013

R41, I wouldn't eat at Taco Bell either. I'd find a better source of bean and cheese burritos, if I weren't able to make them myself. Real Mexican restaurants don't use processed American cheese.

by Anonymousreply 4507/24/2013

Taco hell

by Anonymousreply 4607/24/2013

Uhm...? R44,?

by Anonymousreply 4707/24/2013

Amen R44....

nothing more nauseating than former fatties and their non stop preaching.

They're even worse than vegetarians.

by Anonymousreply 4807/25/2013

Does anyone really believe that someone can work TWO full time jobs AND post on DL?

by Anonymousreply 4907/25/2013

[quote]Daily Double is much better than the McDouble.

But it's twice the price! I don't know why it's so expensive when the only difference is the addition of lettuce and tomatoes. That is NOT worth an extra dollar!

by Anonymousreply 5007/25/2013

I like the BK Bacon Burger for a dollar at Burger King.

by Anonymousreply 5107/30/2013

Wretched

by Anonymousreply 5207/30/2013

R41 - no lard in Taco Bell beans.

But if there were lard - it is likely not only would the beans taste better, but they would be healthier.

by Anonymousreply 5307/30/2013

Do proponents realize that there is an actual stench emanating from people who indulge in fast foods? Especially the ones who eat "beef." Ugh. It is very gross. It is a greasy stale, 'meaty' smell. It can induce gagging and puking from those who are exposed to it.

by Anonymousreply 5407/30/2013

Some of you food nazis seem to be very unhappy, joyless people. I suspect you're on DL because you don't have any other social outlets. You don't have a friend in the world.

by Anonymousreply 5507/30/2013

THANK you, R43. Jared-for-Subway, anyone? Still has kept the weight off.

by Anonymousreply 5607/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.