Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have you ever read something on Datalounge that really shocked you?

There are a lot of posts that are genuinely laugh out loud funny, but what about shocking? Have you ever read a post that was so over the top and shocking that it made you go oh my fucking god.

by Anonymousreply 9208/06/2013

Occasionally. I was shocked that Bonnie Mace would put so much thought into being disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 207/23/2013

The infamous "Why I Masturbate My Son" blog post and ensuing thread.

by Anonymousreply 307/23/2013

It is shocking I continue to give the $18 every year. Better then nothing though.

by Anonymousreply 407/23/2013

Simon Halls's posts about his partner and children. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 507/23/2013

It's all wrong!... [italic]Shockingly[/italic] wrong!

by Anonymousreply 607/23/2013

Everybody shut up!

by Anonymousreply 707/23/2013

Shocked that someone thinks "parasight" is an organism.

by Anonymousreply 807/23/2013

I first found out here how Seann William Scott used to be part of the DEN chicken hawk ring. That seems to be true and was pretty surprising to me.

by Anonymousreply 907/23/2013

R9 shut up!

by Anonymousreply 1007/23/2013

Are you sure, R11? That can't be right...

by Anonymousreply 1207/23/2013

I was SHOCKED that anyone could EVER conceive of wiping from between their legs, back to front.

Or that there are some people who STAND UP to wipe.

My mind reeled and my laughter was painful because it was so hard and convulsive!

by Anonymousreply 1307/23/2013

I was shocked to learn how Jill's sister has periods!

by Anonymousreply 1407/23/2013

I was shocked to learn that Sandra Bullock is a scat loving lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 1507/23/2013

Supportive straight female here. I have been shocked and saddened by some posts about how bad gay men have had it growing up: completely unsupportive families, abusive even, bullying. Kinda makes you wish everyone could grow up in a liberal place. (not that I did! villified just for being a bit weird - still am!)

by Anonymousreply 1707/23/2013

I weep still for Cheryl.

Palestine and Israel will be at peace one day, but the stench from Cheryl's pussy will never die.

by Anonymousreply 1807/23/2013

The day that President Obama announced that Osama Bin-Ladin had been killed (in the evening) someone started an eerie thread on DL that morning essentially announcing that. It was weird. Why DL to spread that news that nobody else except those in the inner circles of government knew?

by Anonymousreply 1907/24/2013

Have you ever read something on Datalounge that really shocked you?

by Anonymousreply 2007/24/2013

For some weird reason, I was shocked at a gossip post stating Carly Simon once seduced her own son.

Another was a thread revolving around some poster who just had wild sex with some musician. And then shortly after, like maybe one week, the musician died. The thread went totally wild after that. (Forgot the musician's name though)

An amusing shock....a thread about some guy who had a possum take up residence in a drawer. It was a typical thread until he actually posted a photo of the possum in the drawer.

by Anonymousreply 2107/24/2013

This post from the Elias Koteas Troll:

"What's so bad about wanting to drink Elias Koteas's piss? LOTS of people are into piss. There's something about a hot manly DILF type that always makes me want to do dirtier stuff with him than I would ever do with a pretty boy. When I think about Elias Koteas, I think about the abject. The wastes of the human body, shit, piss, sweat... it's all very natural and it's an unavoidable part of what gives him his masculine appeal. Let me ask you a Q: can you really imagine someone like Zac Efron or Taylor Lautner shitting, pissing or sweating? Of course not because they're airbrushed, manscaped, asexual Ken dolls; their assholes are probably sealed up! The guy-next-door earthiness of Elias Koteas makes me think about his natural, male bodily functions. It's very easy to picture him squatting over a toilet bowl, or unbuttoning his jeans to whip out his daddy dick and take a long steaming leak. Or simply coming home from work in the evenings with a layer of dried sweat on his crotch, taint and armpits. I see no reason not to integrate these very real, very natural aspects of his masculinity into my erotic fantasy life. I love the thought of kneeling before him, having him roll back his foreskin and make me suckle gently on his mushroom head, which is fat, purple, and carries an ever-so-slight whiff of fishy sweat. Do I have an emotionally distant father? You betcha! But this thread is about men who look and act like men, and these are the things I associate with male sexuality."

by Anonymousreply 2207/24/2013

The amount of celebrities, dead and living who were/are into scat.

They're either lies which have turned into urban legends or these stories are completely true.

by Anonymousreply 2307/24/2013

A kind response from an "R1" stunned me.

by Anonymousreply 2407/24/2013

R22, shut up girlfriend!

by Anonymousreply 2507/24/2013

I think a lot more people/organizations, friend & foe mine incredible amounts of information from Data Lounge,than most people here realize.

There are some moronic socially inept people here, but there are also many very intelligent people from many walks of life & backgrounds/occupations.

I'd even go so far as saying, the Julie,Cheryl,iPod,earrings & caftans,Mary,you must be new here memes are subterfuge.

by Anonymousreply 2607/24/2013

[quote]Why DL to spread that news that nobody else except those in the inner circles of government knew?

Considering we had transgender Navy Seal Kristen Beck, nothing would surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 2707/24/2013

I wouldn't say SHOCKED ... but recently I clicked on a thread that had a link to a YouTube video of people committing suicide by leaping from the Golden Gate Bridge. There were 0 comments in the thread: just the link. I watched it thinking it would be a news piece about GGB suicides, but no, it was a montage of people actually leaping. It was deeply disturbing.

I moved on to other threads, but a few minutes later felt I needed to go back to post a comment - but by then the thread had been deleted.

by Anonymousreply 2807/24/2013

R21, that was Jani Lane whom the poster fucked and who later died.

R28, you may (or may not) want to watch the documentary The Bridge, it's all about people who jump of the Golden Gate Bridge. Very sad, of course, but a fascinating documentary.

by Anonymousreply 2907/24/2013

I just realized .. no. Not yet.

by Anonymousreply 3007/24/2013

R21 sounds a million years old. As does R26.

by Anonymousreply 3107/24/2013

R21 , I also was weirded out about the Carly and son rumours,....

And is it really true someone posted about the Bin Laden death prior to the public announcement ? Creepy....If only Bradley Manning posted here instead of talking to the hacker who ratted him out...

by Anonymousreply 3207/24/2013

R33, could it not be that your contributions are rejected here because they are useless and worthless? I don't know what you have written here, but attributing it to dissent is an easy cop out. Maybe if you found worthwhile contributions to make and framed them appropriately you'd have better luck.

by Anonymousreply 3407/24/2013

R17's existence.

Oh, and R8 is a meanie!

by Anonymousreply 3507/24/2013

Charlie's posts about the Duke of Windsor going out cruising for sailors with Walter Chrysler Jnr.

Well not shocked, but my eyebrows tastefully raised themselves 1/8 of an inch.

by Anonymousreply 3607/24/2013

Sluts who cool down with cum popsicles.

by Anonymousreply 3707/24/2013

The Jani Lane thread

The brutal misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 3807/24/2013

The guy who washed his pants after six months and forgot to remove the cat shit from its pockets is, not so much shocking as it is baffling, and on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 3907/24/2013

The Jani Lane death was a shock. I'd followed the 'I had sex..' thread with fascination, and I guess was hugely entertained by it. When he died I felt bad - for him, and the OP who started it all. Not many on Datalounge can say they killed someone with a thread.

by Anonymousreply 4007/24/2013

[quote] The guy who washed his pants after six months and forgot to remove the cat shit from its pockets is, not so much shocking as it is baffling, and on so many levels.

But...but....THE POOP WAS DRY!!!!

(yes, that was my favorite recent post. A DL classic.)

by Anonymousreply 4107/24/2013

le bump

by Anonymousreply 4207/25/2013

Lol at R22 and the Elias Koteas Troll having an emotionally distant father.

by Anonymousreply 4307/25/2013

Gastly! Simply ghastly!

by Anonymousreply 4407/25/2013

"Dog Fucks Baby In The Ass!" was a funny thread but the actual event was pretty horrific.

by Anonymousreply 4507/25/2013

The shitload of George Zimmerman defending posts astonish me.

by Anonymousreply 4607/25/2013

Same here, R46. I mean, it would be one (sad) thing if he was hot, but he's a revolting tub of lard who did fuck-all with his life until he gunned down a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 4707/25/2013

Yes, that Liza Minnelli was a lesbian.

Just kidding...

by Anonymousreply 4807/25/2013

Thanks for clarifying, R47, that only "hot" guys can gun down teenagers. There are a couple of really annoying ones in my neighborhood. I'm hot so they better watch their backs.

by Anonymousreply 4907/25/2013

Only in bad ways for a very long time.

In the good old days, on a regular basis, and for great reasons (stunning gossip, biting wit a la Mrs. Betty or Patsy Ramsey, or intelligence that made it feel like getting a free grad school seminar, and a place where people didn't see everything through a hetero filter).

For the last six years or so, the shocks have been more disappointment at the homophobia on here. I don't know if it's the influx of straights (which I admit I hate) or just self-hating posters or generic internet morons, but it's depressing.

It's still (minimally) a gayer place than I've found.

by Anonymousreply 5007/25/2013

Love the astrology threads. Changed me into a believer..

by Anonymousreply 5107/25/2013

I'm shocked that Kevin Spacey is a top!

by Anonymousreply 5207/26/2013

I'm sorry miss, but with all due respect, I've got problems of my own.

by Anonymousreply 5307/26/2013

To be clear, I was kidding about being shocked that Liza Minnelli was a lesbian. I already knew it; no shock.

by Anonymousreply 5407/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 5507/26/2013

What ever happened with the "6 in the city" woman? Is she still in NYC? Still blogging? Is her husband still running a water charity? I read about it in this thread and went back to read about her. Does anyone have an update. The most recent I could find on here is the "Ghetto Target" uproar.

by Anonymousreply 5607/26/2013

R57, Check the last few posts in the "creepiest post I ever saw" thread here. I'm on my phone right now and cannot link it

by Anonymousreply 5707/26/2013

Julie is more of a cunt than a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5807/26/2013

R57, are you talking to yourself?

by Anonymousreply 5907/26/2013

I second the shitbra. Melissa Gilbert is highly intelligent. Why would she do something so humiliating and abusive to her toddler?

by Anonymousreply 6007/26/2013

I think R57 meant R56. Here you go R56:

by Anonymousreply 6107/26/2013

Actually the thread that disturbed me the most was a link to a man being killed in africa by a group of people in the middle of the road

After jeering at him and hitting him they put a tyre on him and set him alight. He dies in front of us.

People just laughed.

Said it was because he was gay. But I was not sure if this was it or not.

All I know was that I was sickened by it for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 6307/27/2013

(((((hugs))))))) R63. Seriously. Sadly, people are rarely moved and disturbed by such things anymore :(

by Anonymousreply 6407/27/2013

The level of vitriol can be shocking. When I first started reading here, I found the misogyny really shocking, because I assumed that gay men would be more enlightened, having been oppressed themselves, but then I learned the sad secret that many white gay men are even more bitter towards women than straight men because they feel locked out of the entitlement they feel they deserve due to the assumption of male privilege. Lots of racists, too. I found that shocking for the same reason. I've since learned not to assume that because one is from an oppressed group that they are also enlightened about equality, and that they would have solidarity with fellow second class citizens and wouldn't grab the brass ring of privilege at the first chance if they could, in fact would leverage whatever privilege they felt they did have, in terms of being male or white or fill in the blank social status, and use it to bludgeon whomever they considered beneath them on the social pecking order. Log Cabin Republicans anyone?

by Anonymousreply 6507/27/2013

Mostly the immaturity of a lot of posters here.

by Anonymousreply 6607/27/2013

I was shocked to find that lesbian drama, humorlessness, rigid enforcement of secret ever-changing verbal rules, sexual prudery, endless processing of feelings and slights (whether real or imagined) and the complete inability and unwillingness to understand a man's point of view were not invented stereotypes.

It was actually true and, more disturbing than anything else, their knee-jerk hostility towards men and all things male - especially towards gay men - was, and is, horribly real. To my dismay, their almost visceral hatred of gay men is tolerated here on the DL, a site originally founded by and for gay men - it's shocking.

I've been here for a long, long time. I fully expected the lesbians to integrate into the DL without much trouble after the separate Lesbian Forum was shut down. That didn't happen and it still hasn't happened after all these years.

Before the DL, I had only known nice, normal, educated, professional, successful lesbians. I found out that they may not be so normal after all.

by Anonymousreply 6707/27/2013

I agree with what R65 wrote. The misogyny and racism on this board shocked me initially but it really shouldn't. Most of the gay white men I know are racist and quite a few of the older ones also hate women.

by Anonymousreply 6807/27/2013

With all the racist/sexist bullshit that comes spewing out here, it's absolutely ridiculous that you can't call out DLers for being old and out of touch.

You can use the n-word here, but you can't use the e-word ('elderly gay') here.

by Anonymousreply 6907/27/2013

Still quite shocked that so many gays do meth.

by Anonymousreply 7007/27/2013

Well said, R65. I agree.

I find it shocking how people use and seem to mean "Die in a grease fire". Because someone said something offensive? I'm equally shocked at how bitter so many posters are. Filled with hatred. I can understand being a little catty, but it's way over the top, directed at everyone, even and mostly themselves. I found that discouraging. I love the gay community and sometimes I just back away from a thread. Being witty is great. Being cruel and vicious is not - there's little point in hurting everyone you come into contact with. I generally won't even respond to any comment that spews nastiness. I do wish for a stronger sense of support and community here.

by Anonymousreply 7107/27/2013

I've never observed such hatred toward people with HIV and AIDS before. Coming from other gays, it's heartbreaking.

The amount of cruelty on DL has increased over the years, but I believe that's a function of growth. More posters inevitably means more loonies. I've learned which types of threads to never open; it's made my time here more pleasant.

Of course, there are also links to genuinely shocking news stories, but I'm not sure if I should include those because they did not originate on DL.

by Anonymousreply 7207/27/2013

The post about Fannie Flagg eating out Suzanne Somers in a bathroom at a Hollywood party had me reeling.

Speaking of the munchies . . .

Debbie Reynolds writes in her new book of attending a party in Malibu with Hugh O'Brian in the 1960's, and watching two young men taking turns while disappearing underneath Shelley Winters' peasant skirt in a secluded corner of the room.

by Anonymousreply 7307/27/2013

Jesus, R71.

"Die in a grease fire" is just an expression. Anyone with a modicum of sense knows that and an adult shouldn't have to be told. It's a gossip site on the internet, no one's breaking out the kerosene.

As for all the DL "hatred" that seems to be blowing your fragile little mind - meh. You'll have to cull the real DL posters from the batshit Stormfront, batshit Westboro and batshit Michfest people who regularly spew hate around here these days. Good luck with that.

This website was founded as a gay men's gossip, politics, news, humor, bitchiness and general subject discussion site. With its unmoderated, anonymous format, it is definitely not a support group. It's more like the anti-support group. The DL is not where you come to get your emotional needs met, that's what your family and friends are for.

There must be sites that hew closer to your idea of how everyone ought to be and what everyone should be doing for you. Either that, or you could adjust your expectations about what role this, or any other gay men's gossip website, is supposed to fulfill for you.

by Anonymousreply 7507/27/2013

I'm shocked at the fundie fraus who claim Hugh Jackman has be be straight because he married a woman.

by Anonymousreply 7607/27/2013

R75 just doesn't get it..

by Anonymousreply 7707/27/2013

If it's true, and it read like it was, I'm still in shock about the guy who regularly took his shits on the kitchen floor and took them out to the garbage in newspaper before his boyfriend found out. Would anyone really do this? Why wouldn't he use the bathroom? Wouldn't the kitchen smell like shit?

by Anonymousreply 7807/28/2013

Can someone explain to me.....who is "Cheryl" ?

by Anonymousreply 7907/28/2013

I'm shocked that Wundy Gurl isn't a famous star!

by Anonymousreply 8007/28/2013

The DL is too mean sometimes. There is nothing funny about hurting people, especially other minorities. I do love the Michfest and "6 in the City" threads (thanks for the link R57.) I'd like to find the "Bee and Bear" thread people here talk about. The mysteries and conspiracy threads are awesome too!

by Anonymousreply 8107/28/2013

I am SHOCKED that Voice of the Night is leaving us!

by Anonymousreply 8207/29/2013

R81 In all seriousness, I agree with you.

The difference is kind of like the difference between Perez Hilton and DListed/Michael K.

Perez is (mostly) a hateful cunt and just 100% ugly all the time.

Whereas Michael K pokes slightly more gentle and or affectionate fun at someone. He teases, say, Rojo Caliente but there's also a wee bit of affection there.

Our threads here are the same. We roll our eyes at Michfesters but we also are a bit fond of those crazy bitches too. But when things get too ugly it's no fun to read.

by Anonymousreply 8307/29/2013

[quote]Can someone explain to me.....who is "Cheryl"

The owner of a feral pussy - but if this one had legs, it would have been put down long ago. Not even Clorox has brought it to heel.

by Anonymousreply 8407/30/2013

R79 -

Many years ago there was an actual Cheryl. She stood out, from what I understand, by devotedly disagreeing with anyone who suggested her favorite actors were gay - and also often flagged threads for F&F.

Posters would post as Cheryl and say "my pussy stinks" and so on.

The original Cheryl isn't here now (that we know of) but her essence (and the stench of her pussy) remains.

by Anonymousreply 8507/31/2013

Nothing specific comes to mind, but I am surprised at (and saddened by) the prevalence of racism and misogyny on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 8607/31/2013

Around 2004 we had batshit crazy trolls on weekends - NAMBLA freaks mostly. They'd be quarantined by Monday, but some of that shit was shocking.

We'd also get weekend hookup score cards - with different posters comparing notes and knowing communal sluts.

At the time, tina was considered a harmless party drug, so you'd have it slip into different threads at random. It wasn't used as a "just smoke copious amounts of pot, Silly" line.

by Anonymousreply 8707/31/2013

That TLPG should really National Association of Man Boy Love.

I don't know why there's a filter.

by Anonymousreply 8807/31/2013

Not so much "read", but I'll click on a link to a supposed "Hot!" guy and am shocked that anyone would think so.

by Anonymousreply 8907/31/2013

Someone said, "you are right and my response was very rude. I apologize."

by Anonymousreply 9007/31/2013

The conclusion that if one is a Christian they are also a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 9107/31/2013

Not a particular post, but shocked at how prissy guys are about having to go the bathroom at work. Also how many guys DON'T read when they're going.

by Anonymousreply 9208/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!