Since 1995

Amanda Bynes Hospitalized

Finally !! See link below

by Anonymousreply 10308/28/2013

Better Lin

by Anonymousreply 107/23/2013

Link Below

by Anonymousreply 207/23/2013

Good. I think with Bynes it really is mental illness, not drugs (other than weed).

by Anonymousreply 307/23/2013

I feel bad for her, she really went off the deep end.

by Anonymousreply 407/23/2013

About doggone time.

by Anonymousreply 507/23/2013

Good. She's serially mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 607/23/2013

This is good news. She needs help, and she was probably blowing through whatever money she had saved. Very sad this has happened to such a young girls with much potential from what I read even though I really don't even know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 707/23/2013

oh amanda bynes we love you get up

by Anonymousreply 807/23/2013

Does this woman not have any friends or family? Maybe she has been whacked out for a long time now and has alienated everyone.

It just seems like someone needs to help with an intervention.

How much power does the hospital have to keep her for an extended period of time? They certainly aren't emotionally invested in helping her. I'm not sure what their legal liability is.

Certainly she needs extensive help and 72 hours isn't going to cut it.

by Anonymousreply 907/23/2013

I suspect that her severe foot-in-mouth disease can only be treated with a lethal drug cocktail.

by Anonymousreply 1007/23/2013

So sad that it got this bad. Has she no family?

by Anonymousreply 1207/23/2013

It's for her own good.

by Anonymousreply 1307/23/2013

Her family had tried to intervene in the past but because she had not indicated any wish to harm others or harm herself, their efforts were unsuccessful.

It was always just a matter of time before she got to that point.

If she tried to burn that dog, that cunt is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 1407/23/2013

[quote] If she tried to burn that dog, that cunt is dead to me.

What dog? Didn't see anything in the linked story about a dog...

by Anonymousreply 1507/23/2013

Update on the dog.

by Anonymousreply 1607/23/2013

Amanda Bynes was hospitalized for starting a fire in an elderly woman’s driveway. Sources say the woman was “too ugly."

by Anonymousreply 1707/23/2013

[quote]The eyewitness also spoke to reporters earlier today, saying he found Bynes lying down near the driveway with her left pant leg on fire. He says she quickly put out the flames and didn't appear injured, but she said her dog had been burned. His story is pretty crazy -- after he confronted Amanda about the fire, he says she took off and got into a cab.

She had a cab waiting?

by Anonymousreply 1807/23/2013

so she lit a fire in a random driveway and her dog caught fire?

by Anonymousreply 1907/23/2013

Jane "former alcoholic" Lesbian Mitchell was all over this tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2007/23/2013

Another mind controlled slave coming unraveled.

by Anonymousreply 2107/24/2013

Loved her on married with children. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 2207/24/2013

Are you serious r22?

I hope not

by Anonymousreply 2307/24/2013

Shuddup!

by Anonymousreply 2407/24/2013

She'll be released after 72-hours. This is just the beginning.

And I'm really surprised she hasn't gotten the shit kicked out of her yet.

by Anonymousreply 2507/24/2013

The 72 hours is for observation and clinical assessment about risk or harm to self or others. She'll walk however the assessment and recommendations will be available to the courts. she'll lie her way through the MMPI (because it's ugly) so the results (personality disorders etc) will be disregarded beyond the notation that her answers failed the validity scale.

by Anonymousreply 2607/24/2013

Will these cops kick her in the vagina?

by Anonymousreply 2707/24/2013

She is my new pick to play tangina in the poltergeist remake.

by Anonymousreply 2807/24/2013

What happened to the dog? Why is an animal even allowed to be her care?

by Anonymousreply 2907/24/2013

She COVERED THE DOG IN GASOLINE (accidentally? on purpose? don't know) as she tried to start the fire and then rushed into a nearby liquor store to try to rinse it off in the employee bathroom.

Footage at TMZ

by Anonymousreply 3007/24/2013

Amanda Bynes accidentally drenched her pet Pomeranian with gasoline while building a fire in a residential neighborhood ... then raced to a nearby liquor store to clean the pooch ... and TMZ has the bizarre footage.

The surveillance video -- taken inside the liquor store -- begins minutes after Bynes allegedly used a canister of gasoline to fuel a fire outside a random elderly woman's home in Thousand Oaks, CA around 8:38 PM on Monday night.

At 8:39 PM ... Bynes can be seen bursting into the liquor store and darting straight for a restricted "employees only" area -- while holding the dog in her outstretched arms.

The cashier -- sensing something was wrong -- rushed out from behind the register and chased after Bynes to see what she was doing.

TMZ spoke to the owner of the store who tells us ... the cashier detected a strong odor of gasoline and observed Bynes attempting to rinse off the dog in a sink in the back area.

We're told ... as soon as the cashier confronted Bynes, she "freaked out" and left the store without further incident.

Moments later, cops located Amanda and placed her on a 5150 psychiatric hold believing she could pose a danger to herself and/or others.

gray-bar-update Amanda Bynes accidentally drenched her pet Pomeranian with gasoline while building a fire in a residential neighborhood ... then raced to a nearby liquor store to clean the pooch ... and TMZ has the bizarre footage.

The surveillance video -- taken inside the liquor store -- begins minutes after Bynes allegedly used a canister of gasoline to fuel a fire outside a random elderly woman's home in Thousand Oaks, CA around 8:38 PM on Monday night.

At 8:39 PM ... Bynes can be seen bursting into the liquor store and darting straight for a restricted "employees only" area -- while holding the dog in her outstretched arms.

The cashier -- sensing something was wrong -- rushed out from behind the register and chased after Bynes to see what she was doing.

TMZ spoke to the owner of the store who tells us ... the cashier detected a strong odor of gasoline and observed Bynes attempting to rinse off the dog in a sink in the back area.

We're told ... as soon as the cashier confronted Bynes, she "freaked out" and left the store without further incident.

Moments later, cops located Amanda and placed her on a 5150 psychiatric hold believing she could pose a danger to herself and/or others.

by Anonymousreply 3107/24/2013

7:18 AM PT -- THE DOG IS SAFE!!!!! Law enforcement officials tell TMZ ... Amanda's dog was claimed by her parents after she was placed on a 5150 hold.

Read more:

by Anonymousreply 3207/24/2013

Amanda is not fit to take care of a dog, much less herself.

by Anonymousreply 3307/24/2013

I wonder if the pet store employees who sold her that puppy milled dog feel any remorse or if it's just on to the next sale?

by Anonymousreply 3407/24/2013

Schizophrenia.

by Anonymousreply 3507/24/2013

She's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3607/24/2013

Wait, her parents can go out of their way to take care her dog but they can't step in to take care of her?

by Anonymousreply 3707/24/2013

It's always sad when unstable people who pose danger to others have animals.

Amanda Bynes' fall has been really strange. I loved her in that football-movie and thought she's a great comedian who doesn't take herself too seriously. But then suddenly she tranformed into a Hollywood nightclub Barbie and I was like what the hell. And now this. I wonder if it's schizophrenia or what.

A year ago diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com posted this:

“Amanda got poped last week for a DUI, but she’s doing more than that. Amanda and Hayden Panettiere, are call girls for Diana Jenkins.

She’s stays fucked up, it’s the only way Amanda can deal with her tricks.”

Could be bullshit, but weirder things have happened. In any case she's seriously messed up now, whether it's drugs or her mental health.

by Anonymousreply 3807/24/2013

R37 Since she is of legal age, it is easier said than done.

Patty Duke went through something similar and she has been doing well for many years. I think Bynes' situation will prove to be very similar to Patty's. Very similar.

by Anonymousreply 3907/24/2013

Her parents and sister have tried.

what did her sister get for her efforts?

Belittled on twitter. Bynes posted childhood pics of her sister and then kept saying.... look how damn ugly my sister is.

My older brother's a violent paranoid schizophrenia/gambling addict who refused to take his meds that were bought and paid for by my father.

I can't tell you how many times he got in my face and threatened to knock my teeth down my throat.

My father also paid off his second and then first mortgage, so he would never be homeless. After my father died, what did my brother do? sold the house on the cheap and promptly went through the 80,000 in a yr and a half.

Course, it was all our fault he ended up homeless. Somehow we cheated him out of everything.

I changed my phone number and luckily haven't seen him in almost 3 yrs.

by Anonymousreply 4007/24/2013

I really have no idea who Amanda Bynes is and now after looking at this threat I'm glad I don't. Why does the press waste their time on these losers?

by Anonymousreply 4107/24/2013

Sorry, r40.

by Anonymousreply 4207/24/2013

Thanks, r42.

My sister won't change her number(I've had it for 20 yrs) and, once in a blue moon, will accept a phone call from him.... but it always makes her crazy.

I, however, have completely washed my hands of him and so has my younger brother. If he shows up at my place, I will call 911. I'll warn him first, but then I'll definitely call.

AND, I know exactly what he'll say....."some sister you are"

He tries to be a truck driver but always mucks up his license with speeding tickets, but at least his "job" keeps him far away from him.

Last I heard he was in Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 4307/24/2013

Her parents need to talk to my Dad about getting a coservatorship.

by Anonymousreply 4407/24/2013

They tried r44 and failed. Apparently it's pretty hard to get.

by Anonymousreply 4507/24/2013

Britney's father got his conservatorship of her pretty easily didn't he? Or was Britney in way worse shape than Amanda is now?

by Anonymousreply 4607/24/2013

Brittney Spears had been taken advantage of by two sleazy guys who presented themselves as "managers." They wheedled their way into her life, wound up living with her and controlling almost every aspect of it, including how they kept medications from her while overseeing when she used illegal drugs. Her mother paid a visit to the house and filed an affidavit in favor of the father's conservatorship. I think one of the guys was prosecuted for fraud.

by Anonymousreply 4707/24/2013

The ease with which Britney's father got the conservatorship is one of the things that makes me think Britney was much, much more fucked up than anyone knew.

Conservatorships are incredibly difficult to get. Things like being a drug addict or blowing through all your money aren't enough; you have to be so mentally ill that you are incapable of making any decisions for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 4807/24/2013

Also, Britney had kids.

by Anonymousreply 4907/24/2013

Or maybe in a moment of lucidity, she agreed to a conservatorship?

by Anonymousreply 5007/24/2013

Doesn't Brittany's father still have that conservatorship? Years have gone by already so I'm assuming he'll have it for the rest of his life. I suppose if her sons aren't too fucked up, they'll have it after that.

I always thought that Brittany acquiesced to her father's conservatorship because he/they had private videos of her doing much crazier shit.

Bynes hasn't yet had a helicopter attended police stand-off or been rolled away on a gurney but give the girl time. I'm sure she'll keep up the bizarro behavior until she's put away.

by Anonymousreply 5107/24/2013

Amanda's parents are working on getting conservatorship since the hospital is keeping her longer now.

by Anonymousreply 5207/24/2013

She SET HERSELF ON FIRE THOUGH, R51. Couldn't that be seen as a suicide attempt?

by Anonymousreply 5307/24/2013

I can't speak to California or NY laws, but where I'm from, a "conservatorship" is reserved for those who are physically impaired but mentally stable and just need someone to handle their affairs due to their physical disability.

OTOH, a guardianship is what is used when someone is mentally incompetent and unable to make decisions for themselves.

It strikes me as odd that Britney (bitche's) dad was able to get the former.

by Anonymousreply 5407/24/2013

Suicide attempts will get you admitted, r153, but on their own, they're not enough for a conservatorship.

by Anonymousreply 5507/24/2013

Britney's dad still has conservatorship r51.

I don't know what the difference is between Britney and Amanda in terms of how they're assessed, but I think the final straw for Britney was that she locked herself in a room and refused to give the kids back to K Fed when he turned up to pick them up. I'm assuming she either threatened herself or them or both because she ended up getting strapped to stretcher and taken away to a psych ward. However prior to that she behaved like a person having a breakdown for a long time. Shaved her head, smashed a window, wandered the streets speaking in a English accent with a crooked pink wig on, wore short dresses with no underwear and started sleeping with a paparazzo. It took her parents a long time to be able to help her. And now she turns up at events flashes the same crazed medicated smile and is rarely heard speaking.

by Anonymousreply 5607/24/2013

[quote] Wait, her parents can go out of their way to take care her dog but they can't step in to take care of her?

She is over the age of 18. Her parents have no legal authority over her regarding mental health issues.

My friend's sister has a son who went off to college and had a breakdown. He came home, went to therapy, started drinking and drugging and dropped out of therapy. The family keeps trying to get him help but the answer is always the same -- he is over the age of 18 and is therefore responsible for himself. His family cannot force him into therapy or rehab.

He's basically a vagrant. Can't keep a job, won't live with relatives (because they won't allow him to drink and drug in their houses). He has no money. His family has no money. Cops won't arrest him. The judges don't want to see drug addicts and alcoholics in their courts because the county doesn't have the funds to send any of them to rehab. The jails are overflowing with mentally ill addicts. There's no room at the inn.

So until he badly hurts someone, he's on his own. Amanda Bynes is "lucky" to have been picked up by the cops and remanded.

by Anonymousreply 5707/24/2013

The Los Angeles Times says that Amanda’s 5150 hold could be extended from 72 hours to 2 weeks if the authorities and her doctors believe that she’s a danger to herself and others. TMZ says that her doctors will ask for a 2-week extension, because they think she might be schizophrenic and they need time to diagnose her. While Amanda’s in the hospital, her parents will finally finally FINALLY finally makes moves to put her in a conservatorship. Apparently, Amanda’s parents have been thinking about taking a page out of Daddy Spears’ handbook, but their hands were tied, because she passed a psychiatric evaluation in NYC after she was arrested for throwing her bong out her window and her behavior wasn’t crazy enough for a judge to put somebody else in charge of her life.

But all of that changed when Amanda set fire to an old lady’s driveway and nearly turned her dog into a living Molotov cocktail

by Anonymousreply 5807/25/2013

I have said from the beginning, while she was getting into trouble back in LA while driving she was suffering from mental illness. People dismissed her as a druggie. Lindsay Lohan is an addict, Amadnda Bynes was just self medicating because she has no idea what is happening to herself. It was always obvious to me, yet every entertainment and news show just kept making fun of her. Mental Illness is still joked about.

by Anonymousreply 5907/25/2013

I agree R59. In the last few years Amanda has behaved like a person falling deeper into mental illness and in more recent times it became apparent that it was probably schizophrenia. And yet the media continued to mock her. It just fueled the idea she was another drug addict worth ridiculing rather than a person needing very serious help. I hope she finally receives the help she needs, although she'll never be the same. You can give up drugs but you cant give up schizophrenia. I hope the media begin to realize that and leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 6007/25/2013

I wonder if she was sexually abused as a child. There was a rumor that she used to walk around naked in front of Jenny Garth's husband when she was doing that show What I Like About You.

by Anonymousreply 6107/25/2013

Her actions seem like a standard Bipolar I, but they are that much crazier than a bipolar II.

by Anonymousreply 6207/25/2013

Unfortunately Amanda's parents have never had her best interests in mind. They shoved her into show business and managed her with iron fists throughout her whole career. Should they take control of her estate through a conservatorship they will more than likely piss her money away.

by Anonymousreply 6307/25/2013

[quote]“Amanda got poped last week for a DUI

Don't blame me, fucker. I pray for the bitch every day.

by Anonymousreply 6407/25/2013

Amanda: Beware the cunt nurse in the Jacuzzi room!

by Anonymousreply 6507/25/2013

I really feel sorry for this woman. She's seems acutely mentally ill. She's like a far-gone middle-aged street schizophrenic already and she's a very young girl.

You don't usually see a younger woman acting out so strangely.

She needs meds--stat.

by Anonymousreply 6607/25/2013

According to Entertainment Tonight the parents have successfully gotten Amanda committed for two week of observation. After the 72 hour hold has expired.

In the meantime they have gone to court to be given authority over her finances.

by Anonymousreply 6707/25/2013

What the hell? For Britney manager, Sam Lufti, flew Amanda out to CA. This guy has a fetish for young, mentally ill former child stars or something.

by Anonymousreply 6807/25/2013

r66, she's 27, not exactly a young girl.

She's been behaving erratically for several years now. Doesn't schizophrenia usually manifest in early 20s?

by Anonymousreply 6907/25/2013

It starts later in women than in men, but it's generally around mid to late twenties for women. Of course that's just the average, Amanda has shown signs of mental illness for years. Her behavior is typical of any schizophrenic person r66, not just older ones. Hopefully the meds work. Not everyone responds to them and not everyone responds in the same way. And they're strong drugs. They also make a lot of people gain a lot of weight. For a many people it's either living in a medicated fog or giving them up and walking the streets talking to yourself and behaving strangely. The life of a schizophrenic can be very difficult, despite treatment and meds. And it can also be incredibly difficult for their families.

by Anonymousreply 7007/25/2013

She's still ugly.

by Anonymousreply 7107/25/2013

Tell me about schizoid personality disorder. Isn't that a mild version of schizophrenia?

by Anonymousreply 7207/25/2013

Schizophrenia presents at puberty. No one 'gets' schizophrenia later in life. Schizoaffective disorder is entirely different. Link below.

by Anonymousreply 7307/25/2013

R73: That is not true. Schizophrenia most often manifests in early adulthood, not puberty. The classic scenario is for a smart kid who goes off to college, with all kinds of hopes and dreams, and then suffers a tragic "Schizophrenic Break".

There are some children with schizophrenia and younger teens, but it is not a common malady at the time of puberty.

It is; however, one of the more devastating chronic diseases. Partially because it carries such a social stigma, partially because the treatment can almost seem worse than the cure and partially because it is incurable and often degenerative over time.

For some, the symptoms will lessen after middle age, or at least the symptoms of agitation may get more manageable.

Many schizophrenics will have periods of relative stability and may be able to function well, but many never can. They react poorly to the medications, many of which have harsh side effects, and/or the meds just don't work for them.

The majority of schizophrenics are not violent, per se, though they often are easily agitated. A schiz who is violent is usually impulsively violent or reactively violent, rather than "serial" killer violence. They can't usually organize their thoughts well enough to make elaborate plans and carry them out.

Paranoid Schizophrenics are most likely to be violent and their delusions are often quite complex.

To me Amanda seems to have a dual dx of BiPolar, and Schiz with paranoid features. When she is not in a "manic" phase of her Bipolar disorder, she can fly under the radar, but when the mania is in full bloom, it exacerbates the psychotic features of her schizophrenia

by Anonymousreply 7407/25/2013

What It's Like to Have Schizophrenia

It's not pretty, that's for sure. For years I hid my terrifying symptoms from everyone until I nearly lost my mind -- and my life.

By Lisa Halpern

Lisa Halpern standing in the park

Enlarge Image

Here are four things you've probably heard about people who have schizophrenia.

Since I've struggled with the disease for almost my entire life, I'm more than qualified to tell you if they're true or false.

They hear voices. Yep, I hear them. Those are real, at least to me.

They're paranoid. True. For years I was pretty sure people were out to get me.

They commit violent crimes. No, that's not a symptom. Those of us with schizophrenia tend to be secretive and avoid human contact. We're more likely to hurt ourselves. Which brings me to:

They commit suicide. Unfortunately, true.

About 40 percent of us try it, and 10 to 13 percent succeed. The voices I heard told me to kill myself, and I came pretty close to doing it -- until I finally got help.

People are talking about mental-health issues these days, and that's a good thing. But it's so important to separate the myths from the realities. That's why I want to tell my story.

Looking back, I think I had symptoms of schizophrenia as early as kindergarten. Remember those "stranger danger" films when you were little, where a man gets out of his car, offers you candy, and then kidnaps you? Well, I became terrified of those men and started having nightmares about them trying to capture me. When I'd get off the bus after school, I'd run home as fast as I could. If I saw a car coming, I'd hide in the bushes so the men couldn't get me. And I figured out right away that I should keep this a secret and not tell my parents or friends. These were early versions of the delusions, paranoia, and extreme secrecy that became part of my pattern for years.

I grew up in Seattle and had a relatively happy childhood, but in junior high we moved to California. I had a harder time making new friends there. I looked like I belonged. I played soccer and was on the track team. I was thin and fit and wore the coolest jeans. But I became convinced that other kids were watching me and talking about me behind my back. I was sure they hated me, and I was scared of them. I hid it well, though: My parents just thought I was a little insecure.

by Anonymousreply 7507/25/2013

She seems schizophrenic.

by Anonymousreply 7607/26/2013

I think she is, r76.

by Anonymousreply 7707/26/2013

You're UGLY, R74

by Anonymousreply 7807/26/2013

R74 may be ugly, but he knows what he's talking about unlike you r73!

by Anonymousreply 7907/26/2013

If you have schizophrenia, you ae not alone.

by Anonymousreply 8007/26/2013

A number of people also considered that this might be some type of Andy Kaufman-style performance art, her tkae on "Tony Clifton."

I believed that myself until the dog got doused.

by Anonymousreply 8107/26/2013

I hope she's diagnosed Bipolar I and not with full-blown Schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia is so often misdiagnosed....

by Anonymousreply 8207/26/2013

I have a neighbor whose mom is schizophrenic and in a assisted living facility so she can get her meds. She was living by herself but she would routinely call 9/11 to report someone breaking in the house, when no was, she would lose her remote and think someone inside her house had stolen it and call 9/11. Her daughter couldn't really do anything until her mother called the police one night and when they showed she was acting really bizarre and actually had a gun. She's lucky she wasn't shot but the cops forcibly took her to a psych facility and she was then forced into assisted living. Of course she wouldn't take her meds when was on her own.

by Anonymousreply 8307/26/2013

Apparently blowing through her money which is why Sam Lufti brought her out to CA. He wanted to get his hands on it.

by Anonymousreply 8407/26/2013

Radar says that a judge shut down Amanda’s parents’ request to get her ass into a temporary conservatorship. TMZ says that not all hope is lost. The judge only shot down their request today, because two weeks have been added to Amanda’s 5150 hold. The judge wants time to talk to her, talk to her doctors and look at the police report from the driveway bomb incident before he says ok or fuck no to a conservatorship. A new hearing will happen on August 9th. TMZ also says that Amanda’s lawyer is screaming for an emergency hearing, because she wants a judge to take back the two-week extension and release her from the mental ward. If Amanda’s lawyer gets a hearing, the hearing probably won’t happen today, so that gives her dog time to get its ass into the Witness Protection Program.

In other Amanda Bynes news, Radar says that Sam Lutfi, the dark-sided demon leech from hell who stuffed crazy pills into Britney, was apparently coming after Amanda next. Some source said:

“Sam bought Amanda the plane ticket for her to return to Los Angeles from New York City. She had no money. The two became friends in recent months. It’s very concerning to say the very least, given Sam’s history with Britney Spears leading up to her father, Jamie Spears, getting a conservatorship over his daughter, and getting a restraining order preventing Lutfi from having any contact with her.”

Sam Lutfi denied that he bought Amanda’s plane ticket, but when Radar kept pressing on his ass, he got nervous and hung up.

by Anonymousreply 8507/26/2013

R79 isn't getting it.

by Anonymousreply 8607/26/2013

According to court documents obtained by RumorFix, Amanda Bynes has spent $1.2 million of her $4 million fortune in “a very short amount of time.”

The former Nickeldeon star has written $63,000 in checks from one of her bank accounts from the period May 3, 2013 to July 19, 2013.

Here are some of her expenditures according to her parents, Rick and Lynn Bynes, who have access to her bank accounts.

•Checks made out to cash in the amounts of $9,200, $2,500 and $6,744 •Checks made out to Mustafa Lo totaling $15,000 in three months •She made a withdrawal of $100,000 on June 4, 2013 •She made another withdrawal of $100,000 on July 2, 2013 In the documents, Amanda’s parents say she has “virtually no fixed living expenses.” And she gets a “modest amount of rental income coming in from two properties that she owns.” She has no other source of income at this time.

They also claim, “We have received large doctors bill for purported services to Amanda from doctors that we do not know for unspecified services.”

The Bynes believe “that a substantial amount of this money is being used to pay for marijuana and other illegal substances and possibly for plastic surgery.”

Rick and Lynn Bynes are trying to get control of Amanda’s finances and personal affairs through a conservatorship petition.

by Anonymousreply 8707/26/2013

Why was the parents denied conservatorship? That sucks.

by Anonymousreply 8807/26/2013

Sam Lufti! Oh, wow! He's one of the guys I referred to at R47 who was trying to insinuate himself into Brittney Spear's life. I can't remember the other guy's name. How that shyster found Amanda Bynes in no time flat. If anything, I imagine it would strengthen her parents' case.

by Anonymousreply 8907/26/2013

The only way to make anything meningful stick is to charge her with a crime first, then offer treatment as an alternative to prison.

ISn't the money hers to spend btw? She worked a lot of years for it. Perhaps everyone should have a financial guardian angel.

by Anonymousreply 9007/27/2013

[quote]The only way to make anything meningful stick is to charge her with a crime first, then offer treatment as an alternative to prison.

Arson and animal endangerment and cruelty aren't sufficient charges for a crime? Is self-immolation on the California books? She doused her pant leg and it went up.

by Anonymousreply 9107/27/2013

My sister is bi-polar/schizophrenic. So when I saw Amanda going through this and I heard people complaining her parents were doing nothing, I didn't join in.

It took my sister trying to hurt herself (and she had two children at this point) in a way that was undeniable for my mother to be able to get her help.

Eventually she hit rock bottom when she was assaulted for going off on the wrong person and was put on medication. She was not the sister I grew up with. It seems when she went to college (I'm younger than her) was doing exceptionally well and she just completely lost it over the course of three years.

To her credit, ten years later, while she is much larger than she used to be (she was always very attractive but the drugs made her gain a lot of weight) she actually has managed to hold down a steady job for years, actually manages to spend time with and take care of her kids (even though they live with our mother) and while she and I haven't spoken in years I am close with her daughters and she encourages it.

One day one of her kids told me she explained in great detail our history and that she was very open and honest in saying, "I hurt him a lot when he was younger. I said and did horrible things and I'm very sorry that I ever upset your him. Maybe one day he'll forgive me." So last year for Christmas before I left town I told her Merry Christmas and gave her a gift. It was the first time we talked since many, many years.

by Anonymousreply 9207/27/2013

R90 you're speaking as though she's a sane person. A sane person, for example, has the ability to weigh up whether plastic surgery is good idea to spend their money on. A person who is suffering from schizophrenia may spend money on endless nose jobs because the voices in their head tell them they're ugly and they need yet another nose job to fix their ugly face. Or they may buy 30 dogs they don't have the ability to look after because the voices tell them they need to do it to save the earth. They may also believe they have more money than they have or believe that they can spend as much as they want because they will make a fortune from the "art" they draw on their bedroom wall. I'm sure that young sane Amanda wouldn't want crazy grown up Amanda to burn through the relatively small fortune she has and end up homeless.

Hopefully the meds she has been given will give her confused mind some clarity and that she will be able to eventually live with some degree of independence, but until then it's best that someone look after her and her money for her. She's fortunate that she has people who want to help her. Many mentally ill people are so difficult and erratic they end up alone and penniless.

by Anonymousreply 9307/27/2013

She's only worth 4 million? That sucks.

by Anonymousreply 9407/27/2013

She has less now r94. She's burnt through over 1 million in a short time. Apparently she compared her fortune to that of the Olsen Twins at one point. More proof that she's completely delusional and needs help.

by Anonymousreply 9507/27/2013

[quote]She's only worth 4 million? That sucks.

Most celebrities aren't as rich as you think they are. That figure is a completely realistic. You here so sand so is worth $200 million, it's usually bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 9607/27/2013

I can't believe this bitch trash the royal baby. Thank the Lord did someone put her under 5150. Sometimes you get the 5150 you need not the 5150 you want.

by Anonymousreply 9707/27/2013

She can't be worse than Justin Bieber...,

Now, spitting on fans!

by Anonymousreply 9807/27/2013

Bieber getting ready to spit on his fans.

by Anonymousreply 10007/27/2013

I hope Amanda gets all the help she needs.

by Anonymousreply 10107/28/2013

man i never thought she would wind up crazy. too bad that she spent all that $. dumb ass ho.

by Anonymousreply 10208/28/2013

So she's been in over a month - and was moved not long ago to UCLA medical center for more skilled treatment. Hopefully once she gets out she will just go away quietly and try to find some way to spend her life peacefully.

by Anonymousreply 10308/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.