Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cruz: ‘Gay marriage’ leads to Christianity being defined as ‘hate speech’

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is predicting that tolerance of equal rights for LGBT people will result in Christianity being defined as “hate speech.”

In a recent interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network, host David Brody told Cruz that activists saw the opposition to same sex marriage as “hate speech from the pulpit.”

“If you look at other nations that have gone down the road towards gay marriage, that’s the next step of where it gets enforced,” Cruz agreed. “It gets enforced against Christian pastors who decline to perform gay marriages, who speak out and preach biblical truths on marriage, that has been defined elsewhere as hate speech, as inconsistent with the enlightened view of government.”

“I think there is no doubt that the advocates who are driving this effort in the United States want to see us end up in that same place.”

Cruz also told Brody that the country was in need of a spiritual revival because “we’re at the edge of a precipice.”

“If we keep going down this path we’re risking losing our nation, we’re risking losing the incredible oasis of liberty,” he warned.

Watch the videos below from CBN, broadcast July 23, 2013.

by Anonymousreply 1607/25/2013

He's 42 year old??! How?!!

by Anonymousreply 107/23/2013

No, hate speech delivered from a pulpit is still hate speech.

These creeps really are devolving.

by Anonymousreply 207/23/2013

The saddest part of this is Cruz is a very intelligent man. He knows better.

by Anonymousreply 307/23/2013

r3, I think he is sincere. His beliefs may be politically profitable, but I think he actually believes what he is saying.

by Anonymousreply 407/23/2013

Can you imagine the Republican debates with Cruz, Rand Paul and Rubio as the frontrunners? They're going to make the clown car debates of 2012 look like an ACLU meeting. It will destroy the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 507/23/2013

R1, yikes, he looks like he's in his mid-50s!

But I guess it's just the hairstyle and suit that give the impression of age (and religion, frankly).

He should get a normal-guy haircut and wear khakis and a polo shirt!

by Anonymousreply 607/23/2013

Yep, much of modern Christianity is indeed hate speech.

Good to see that even religulous idiots are starting to recognize that.

by Anonymousreply 707/23/2013

Cruz needs to get down off the cross. He doesn't have the abs to pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 807/23/2013

Es un pendejo.

by Anonymousreply 907/24/2013

Christianity in the U.S. has morphed into KKKristianity. Fundie hatemongers rule many churches.

by Anonymousreply 1007/25/2013

[quote]The saddest part of this is Cruz is a very intelligent man. He knows better.

by Anonymousreply 1107/25/2013

We like Latinos as long as they are rich, white Cubans like Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio.

by Anonymousreply 1207/25/2013

I'm sure they also like their Marias, R12. Just as long as they remember their place, and remain maids.

by Anonymousreply 1307/25/2013

Just by looking at Ted Cruz, I imagine him as the face of a terrible scandal,same with Joel Osteen.

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2013

So, if he's worried, then maybe he's inadvertently acknowledging that the religion is not all that great after all? Otherwise why even acknowledge it?

Why should Christianity, or any other organised religion or institute not have the mirror turned back on themselves after thousands of years of their own abuses? They've been wicked down the ages to many people who wouldn't play ball so why shouldn't they get a turn to feel heat?

by Anonymousreply 1507/25/2013

More lions, please.

by Anonymousreply 1607/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!