Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pope Francis - I'm beginning to think he's a bit of a famewhore

He seems to be going to painful lengths to convince everyone he's a "People's Pope", photographed yesterday carrying his own briefcase onto a place, riding around Rio is a plain old Fiat minivan, etc. etc., yet he gets nearly double the attention for doing these things than he would if he were conducting himself as a regular Pope.

Is he just getting off on the adoration of being just a 'simple, humble guy', or is he really attempting to be a ground-level leader?

If he detested the trappings of Pope so much, why accept the job to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 1307/23/2013

OP: He's trying to "Anthony Quinn" the world. Give him his honeymoon, as we always give the President. Six months, a year down the road, we can have a better picture of him. He's still new, feeling his way around. I wanna' believe he'll be a force for good. Francis, don't let me down, OK?

by Anonymousreply 107/23/2013

He is full of himself, will soon be indulging in fucking altar boys

by Anonymousreply 207/23/2013

It seems to be the press ( go figure) and the Vatican PR machine that's trying to make him into the "people's Pope." Vatican PR people are trying to forget the tragedy that was Benny and his Prada loafers and fur vestments. The current Pope, himself, is just being himself, consistent with the way he has lived his life. I suspect an assassination attempt in the not too distant future, perpetrated by the forces loyal to Benny, who is the Evil Empire.

by Anonymousreply 307/23/2013

He's not the real pope...

by Anonymousreply 407/23/2013

It's a trend. Prince William just drove his family home from the hospital by himself. "Allow me my privileges and I'll behave like I don't have any."

by Anonymousreply 507/23/2013

He needs to start acting and dressing like a Pope, not just some local parish priest.

by Anonymousreply 607/23/2013

I understand and appreciate the whole net lit movement, but I too have doubts about its longevity. Will it produce a masterpiece? Or is the whole output taken together supposed to be the snapshot of our times?

by Anonymousreply 707/23/2013

Carrying his very own brief case onto a huge jet airliner that has been chartered solely for the use of the pope and his entourage makes silly catholics think he is a simple man of the people. No wonder they can so easily ignore child rape.

by Anonymousreply 807/23/2013

The Pope's driver got lost on the way to an event. Either GPS doesn't work in Rio or Francis thinks it's an unnecessary expense.

by Anonymousreply 907/23/2013

Sometimes, I get the impression that Roman Catholics are honestly clueless about the fact that their antics mean absolutely nothing to anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 1007/23/2013

R 10

The don't care (and its obvious that there "antics,"mean something to you.)

This one actually IS a humble man...(don't agree on his "intrinsically evil," take on homo sex but...) and its driving the Vatican old guard nuts, and they don't know what to yea, the Vatican PR machine that is touting every time the poor guy farts, they just don't know what else to do but grab the "People's Pope," cliche.

by Anonymousreply 1107/23/2013

This one just looks a lot better in comparison to other one that used to wear red Prada shoes.

It's like how anyone who followed Hitler or George Bush look like saints in comparison. Don't worry they'll turn on Pope Francis soon just like they did Obama, and they'll start wishing for the flashier pope who knew how to dress.

by Anonymousreply 1207/23/2013

Yet, r10 you cared enough to not only read this thread but, also click on it and ad your worthless two cents.

by Anonymousreply 1307/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!