Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What Region Are You From?

If other, please tell us in the your reply

For clarification purposes TX and OK are considered Southwest.

Maryland, DC, Virginia and North Carolina make the Middle Atlantic

Connecticut is considered Northeast and not New England

by Anonymousreply 5107/23/2013

Idiot. Connecticut IS part of New England. Go back to school and learn something.

by Anonymousreply 107/22/2013

I understand Carol Channing is very popular in the regions.

by Anonymousreply 207/22/2013

Pennsylvania and New Jersey are mid-Atlantic, dumb ass

by Anonymousreply 307/22/2013

On what planet is Connecticut not in New England, and North Carolina not in the Southeast?

Die in a fire, OP. DIAF.

by Anonymousreply 407/22/2013

This thread would have been better had you used traditional classifications, OP.

by Anonymousreply 507/22/2013

From as in where we grew up or from as in where we live and have been living for a long time?

by Anonymousreply 607/22/2013

I know Connecticut likes to latch on to NY as much as possible, but they can't escape the fact that they're in New England.

by Anonymousreply 707/22/2013

[quote]On what planet is Connecticut not in New England, and North Carolina not in the Southeast?

This. Your classification system is idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 807/22/2013

Who gives two fucks?

by Anonymousreply 907/22/2013

Whoa...I'm in DC and kinda shocked that the Mid-Atlantic is winning this poll.

by Anonymousreply 1007/22/2013

but it's the truth. The carolinas are coastal south, like georgia.

Maryland, DC, Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania are the mid-atlantic.

by Anonymousreply 1107/22/2013

So basically West is just California? Arizona is surely southwest. Where does Nevada fit in? And what about Montana, Minnesota, Wisconsin or the Dakotas? Those places are NOT Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 1207/22/2013

R10, but because of the fucked up poll the mid-atlantic could be anything form NY state to Florida. OP is a cretin

by Anonymousreply 1307/22/2013

[quote]And what about Montana, Minnesota, Wisconsin or the Dakotas? Those places are NOT Midwest.

Minnesota and Wisconsin are not in the Midwest? You're a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1407/22/2013

R12, I'D SAY that:

the west coast states, CA, WA and OR are all the "west".

Nevada with Montana, and Idaho are "mountain states"

Minnesota and iowa might be the prairie.

WIsconsin and Illinois, MI and Indiana are the original northwest territories.

the Dakotas are well, the prairies.

where are Alaska and Hawaii?

what about residents of P.R. or Guam?

by Anonymousreply 1507/22/2013

R10, New York is traditionally considered a Mid-Atlantic state, so perhaps many voters are ignoring OP's idiotic classifications and voting Mid Atlantic because they live in New York.

by Anonymousreply 1607/22/2013

[quote]The Midwestern United States [bold]as defined by the United States Census Bureau,[/bold] is one of the four U.S. geographic regions. The area is referred to as the Midwest throughout the United States. The region consists of 12 states in the north-central and north-eastern United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, [bold]Minnesota,[/bold] Missouri, Nebraska, [bold]North Dakota,[/bold] Ohio, [bold]South Dakota,[/bold] and [bold]Wisconsin.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 1707/22/2013

Definition of MIDWEST:

region N cen United States including area around Great Lakes & in upper Mississippi River valley from Ohio —sometimes considered to include Kentucky on the E to North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, & Kansas on the W

by Anonymousreply 1807/22/2013

For the sake of clarty, let's say California is in the mid-Atlantic and Wisconsin is in the Southwest and Maine is on the West Coast, plus there's a whole new region of the United States we'll call 'Twylo Prime' that consists of the Dakotas, Delaware, Arkansas, and Oregon!

by Anonymousreply 1907/22/2013

If we are going by Census Bureau definitions, R17, there should only be responses for West, Midwest, South, and Northeast.

by Anonymousreply 2007/22/2013

Well, r20, you also got at r18 a definition of the Midwest straight from Webster's Dictionary that the region absolutely includes the Dakotas, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

As someone who lived in some of those states, I can tell you very confidently the people of those states would absolutely insist they are from the Midwest and nowhere else.

I'd say the evidence is pretty incontestable.

by Anonymousreply 2107/22/2013

I love r19.

by Anonymousreply 2207/22/2013

Me too, r22

by Anonymousreply 2307/22/2013

I'm Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 2407/22/2013

I love how you guys get upset by the craziest things.

We all know what New England is, but Connecticut isn't culturally New England. It is more New York in culture and style.

by Anonymousreply 2507/22/2013

it's HISTORICALLY N. England, just as the midwest has HISTORICALLY been (through a rough but long period of HISTORY) indiana, ohio, michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 2607/23/2013

[quote]just as the midwest has HISTORICALLY been (through a rough but long period of HISTORY) indiana, ohio, michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin.

Minnesota has always been part of the Midwest as long as it has been a state.

The End.

by Anonymousreply 2707/23/2013

The End

by Anonymousreply 2807/23/2013

R25 has his head up his ass so far and in such away that has never been seen in DL before, and he obviously has never lived in the beautiful, wooded state of Connecticut.

by Anonymousreply 2907/23/2013

Second dumbest poll ever.

by Anonymousreply 3007/23/2013

I'm a dumb cunt, I can't help it!

by Anonymousreply 3107/23/2013

I'm from Atlantis!

by Anonymousreply 3207/23/2013

Greetings R17! The OP chose to not go with the four standard American regions for his poll. He divided the east coast up, the west up, and gave us odd parameters for the southwest. And yet he lumped the entire middle of the country together. I found that odd and sort of unfair.

But, I see your point. I'm not very educated. I didn't realize which flyover state belonged where. I humbly apologize for my error.

by Anonymousreply 3307/23/2013

r32 Hail!

by Anonymousreply 3407/23/2013

The south west corner of Connecticut likes to imagine that it is part of New York, but it isn't. The rest of the state is fine with being part of New England.

by Anonymousreply 3507/23/2013

OP, I checked Northwest. Of course, I meant the northwest of Ireland - but that's ok, right?

by Anonymousreply 3607/23/2013

I'm from New England - Connecticut to be exact.

by Anonymousreply 3707/23/2013

If you have the Northeast and Southeast, why do you need Middle Atlantic or New England at all?

by Anonymousreply 3807/23/2013

R6 is right -- the poll must define "from" in order to mean anything.

By the time I was 25, I'd lived in five different states all over the country. Am I "from" the state I was born in, or one of the three states where I lived as a child, or one of the two states I've lived as an adult? The state where I've spent the most time, or the state where I spent the least time but love best?

by Anonymousreply 3907/23/2013

OP, before the break-up of AT&T, all but three towns in Connecticut were served the Southern New England Telephone Company.

by Anonymousreply 4007/23/2013

I don't think most Connecticut people consider themselves as New Englanders.

by Anonymousreply 4107/23/2013

Anyone who thinks Connecticut is not part of New England is definitely a flyover red-state dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 4207/23/2013

I've been from all these regions.

by Anonymousreply 4307/23/2013

what is the diff between New England and Northeast?

by Anonymousreply 4407/23/2013

Have you ever been to you, OP? Or the Isle of Greece?

by Anonymousreply 4507/23/2013

You are wrong r41. What do you base that on?

by Anonymousreply 4607/23/2013

Re: Connecticut

Fairfield and New Haven Counties are part of the NYC metro area, so culturally they're not really all that "New England-ish". They have a lot more in common with Westchester. Their residents generally root for New York teams, not Boston.

To answer the OP, I'm from the far west Pacific region.

by Anonymousreply 4707/23/2013

If Connecticut is New England then so is New York.

by Anonymousreply 4807/23/2013

No matter what OP's or any douche's justifications are, Connecticut is part of New England, historically and culturally depending on where in the state you are. It's a weird state 'cause while the other 5 states automatically root for the home teams (Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins), Connecticut is divided. The half closer to NYC root for NY teams, and the other half root like the rest of NE.

by Anonymousreply 4907/23/2013

Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 5007/23/2013

I love it how this thread devolves into an unresolvable debate over the definition of regions. By the way, the trend is to include North Carolina in the Mid Atlantic region, so OP is justified.

by Anonymousreply 5107/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.