Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Comic-Con 2013: ‘RoboCop’ Has WiFi; Film Aiming for PG-13 Rating

Anyone following the making of the new Robocop film? Michael Keaton's been cast as the villain. That peaked my interest alone.

by Anonymousreply 1407/23/2013

I wouldn't say I'm following the progress on getting this movie made OP, but I am definitely curious. Have been hearing about it for what feels like 5 years now, so I keep expecting to see a trailer announcing a release date.

The nerd in me loves (seriously, for the most part) the original, but not the sequels. A remake really isn't necessary, but since these things are inevitable in Hollywood, I'll check out the updated version.

by Anonymousreply 107/23/2013

[quote]That peaked my interest alone.

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 207/23/2013

Some movies are too damn perfect to remake. Robocop's one of them. This will fail.

by Anonymousreply 307/23/2013

This is a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 407/23/2013

PLEASE PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON.

YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO COMPLY.

by Anonymousreply 507/23/2013

Eh. Like Keaton...think he was the best Batman, yada yada...this will suck though.

by Anonymousreply 607/23/2013

Who will they get for the Leeza Gibbons newscaster part?

Important casting decision!

by Anonymousreply 707/23/2013

R7 - Leeza. And if not Leeza, Brooke Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 807/23/2013

There going for a PG-13? Sorry. Not interested. The original Robocop was pure pop-infused splatter punk. Watering down the concept to make it palatable for children won't make this a hit.

by Anonymousreply 907/23/2013

Maybe they can keep the violence and intensity level high, but minimize the foul language and nudity (I remember seeing tits in that unisex locker room scene) to get a PG-13.

Overall I anticipate this remake will be as dull and uninspired as the Colin Farrell version of Total Recall.

by Anonymousreply 1007/23/2013

I like Joel Kinnaman, but what's the point of casting him if we don't get to see his face and body for most of the film? It's bad enough he spends most of The Killing in bulky jackets and hoodies. Not interested.

by Anonymousreply 1107/23/2013

I like Keaton a lot and think he's underrated. I wish he hadn't walked away from Hollywood at the height of his success.

by Anonymousreply 1207/23/2013

They should actually make the movie in (Old) Detroit.

The local economy could sure use a boost.

by Anonymousreply 1307/23/2013

Did Keaton walk away or was he just not wanted anymore?

by Anonymousreply 1407/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.