Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A list of GMO Brands to avoid

If you don't want GMO frankenfood in your system.

It did make me laugh when I saw that Hellman's is on it, but not Duke's.

I guess that settles that particular debate forever.

by Anonymousreply 2810/09/2013

I buy the Tostito's Simply Natural chips from the "natural foods" aisle for my guilty-pleasure snacking, because they are made with organic corn and a quality oil. So not all products of all these brands contain GM ingredients.

Unless the sunflower oil is GM?

by Anonymousreply 107/22/2013

There is a class action lawsuit against Frito Lay for making false claims about the organic in those chips.

To join the suit go here.

It is best not to trust those big companies.

by Anonymousreply 207/22/2013

I read somewhere that for something to be certified organic, it can not have any GMOs.

So, if those Tostito's chips are certified organic, then you're OK.

by Anonymousreply 307/22/2013

Duh, the linked article says that too.

So, buy organic.

by Anonymousreply 407/22/2013

R3 read above the manufacture LIED about what they contained.

by Anonymousreply 507/22/2013

Fucking hell.

by Anonymousreply 607/22/2013

Trader Joe's requires that anything under their personal label be GMO free and they regularly inspect.

However if it is not under their label it can and mostly is GMO.

by Anonymousreply 707/22/2013

The phrase "all natural" doesn't mean anything, as there is no regulation for what the word "natural" means. I would be surprised if that class-action lawsuit wins.

For something to be certified as organic, there is a regulated process. Also, even if you're a farmer or manufacturer who uses organic processes, you can not use that organic symbol unless you go through the certification process.

by Anonymousreply 807/22/2013

R8 yet they do.

Have you any idea the number of fines levied each year because the symbol is used without the process?

Charlie must be on vacation, that pompous windbag normally defends GMO shit.

by Anonymousreply 907/22/2013

R9, knowing which companies have done that would be good to know. I'd like to avoid those companies. I'll have to look that up later.

by Anonymousreply 1007/22/2013

It is basically in everything, isn't it?

I believe this has to be on the label in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 1107/22/2013

Not everything...no.

TJ's as stated will not allow it in their private label.

Eat no corn, soy, beet, etc.

I find if I shop the aisles and avoid factory farmed meat I do okay.

by Anonymousreply 1207/22/2013

The label GMO crap is becoming a big movement. I wonder if the GOVT wills shut it down.

by Anonymousreply 1309/23/2013

I will now eat Nutella, all day and every day. It's not on the list.

by Anonymousreply 1409/23/2013

Tang? I can't have Tang?

by Anonymousreply 1509/23/2013

Yay for Duke's. What is bad about Triscuit? I eat tons of those.

by Anonymousreply 1609/23/2013

Well, I guess if we all avoided everything on that list, we'd be skinny as fuck, right?

by Anonymousreply 1709/23/2013

Thank you for this, OP

by Anonymousreply 1809/23/2013

Go ahead and drink it, R15. Anyone who thinks Tang is good probably likes a lot of things that aren't good for her. You probably won't live long anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1909/23/2013

while you all are clutching your pearls over GMOs, how about you list A SINGLE FOOD YOU EAT that hasn't been "modified" over the years and years of domestication!

by Anonymousreply 2009/23/2013

Natural selection is quite different from putting a fish gene in a tomato. For the idiot at R20 who clearly lacks rational thought.

by Anonymousreply 2109/24/2013

R21 natural selection? breeding wolves into dogs, grass into wheat, rice into vitamin A machines? none of those are "natural". men (and maybe women /s) were the hands behind these.

by Anonymousreply 2209/24/2013

That list is pretty much every food company- sort of hard to avoid unless you're lucky enough to shop at a farmer's market every week.

by Anonymousreply 2309/24/2013

[quote]I guess that settles that particular debate forever.

Not everyone has a hysterical fear of plants that have been modified by man.

And r21--Natural selection? Men have been messing with plant and animal genes since the dawn of agriculture. Only the process has changed.

by Anonymousreply 2409/24/2013

...and the new process is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 2510/09/2013

Over 20 passengers on an Air China flight were sick after eating expired beef pancakes on a domestic flight to Beijing. One passenger shared a photo of the out-of-date food on Chinese social network Weibo showing the expiration date of October 2, four days before her flight.

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2013

So, what the hell CAN we eat, then. I mean, I don't eat most of that stuff but I have bought Boca and Garden burgers, for chrissake. By the time you cherry pick the few things you CAN buy, you have a cart that looks like Karen Carpenter shopped there. Haven't we all been EATING GMO stuff for years and years? And we are still here, aren't we? And some of us are pretty old, too!

by Anonymousreply 2710/09/2013

The big companies regulary lie nowadays about classifications organic etc, including fat content and nutrition info as they have been allowed to get away with it for at least last decade,as I guess they have the massive amounts of money to do what they want and buy off who got in their way

by Anonymousreply 2810/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.