Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The cartels are in every city in my state!

Of course I live in Texas but Chicago has every single cartel in one city alone. The Sinaloa cartel especially is everywhere in the US. That's the one the US backs against all others supposedly.

They have it broken down by cartel affiliation: Los Zetas, Gulf, La Familia, Sinaloa, Juarez, Tijuana, and Beltran Leyva. If your city is not listed, you're the exception.

by Anonymousreply 3007/24/2013

Check this out. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 107/22/2013

And that my old friend, is exactly what Captain America wants: hell to break out in Charming followed by all the things that put the devil in place.

by Anonymousreply 207/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 307/22/2013

Well, there are drugs everywhere, right? They come from the business, cartels, who distribute them, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 407/22/2013

The cartels don't really COMPETE in the normal sense of the term. That's why I don't believe that ALL of them are operating in Chicago. Sounds like police mythology.

by Anonymousreply 507/22/2013

Isn't the idea behind cartels elimination of competition?

by Anonymousreply 607/22/2013

In the La Familia cartel, those who show an aptitude for violence are taken in groups of 40 to a wilderness area known as the Jesús del Monte. There, they are directed to shoot, butcher, and cook 15 victims to demonstrate that they are neither squeamish about killing innocents nor repulsed by handling bloody body parts.

They're in a city near me.

by Anonymousreply 707/23/2013

Yawn. I'm a Texan and well-aware that the extended family members of the Zetas live about two miles from my house. They're not doing anything illegal, as far as anyone knows; they're just here to stay safe.

Btw there are gangs and mafias of various types in nearly every well-populated U.S. city. Texas is nothing special on this front, aside from the fact that it has the largest border with Mexico and most illicit drugs are smuggled through it.

by Anonymousreply 807/23/2013

This stuff is messy on the streets where most of us don't go, but the worst part is that all that money is coming back up here and buying Everything!

by Anonymousreply 907/23/2013

It's called supply and demand. Stop buying and using drugs.

by Anonymousreply 1007/23/2013

I don't buy or use drugs and the cartels are still here, R10.

by Anonymousreply 1107/23/2013

[R11] Sorry, the world is not all about you.

by Anonymousreply 1207/23/2013

R12, I was responding to R10 who said:

[quote]Stop buying and using drugs.

by Anonymousreply 1307/23/2013

Gonna get worse for some people now that the head of the Zetas, Z40, got arrested and a power struggle is anticipated in trying to fill his place

by Anonymousreply 1607/24/2013

I grew up with the Colombos, the Genoveses, the Gambinos, tHe Bonanos, the Westies... Now we've got Russian and Albanian mobsters and the Tongs and Triads.

There are always criminal organisations.

by Anonymousreply 1707/24/2013

If you don't buy or sell drugs, you have nothing to worry about, OP. They won't bother you.

by Anonymousreply 1807/24/2013

i lost two brothers in law to their human trafficking operation, they were two of the 72 migrants slaughtered and left at an abandoned San Fernando ranch. these people are viscious beyond measure.

by Anonymousreply 1907/24/2013

Why is it so hard for people to spell vicious?

by Anonymousreply 2007/24/2013

because spell check doesn't catch it, R20

by Anonymousreply 2107/24/2013

We had a Carvel's in my hometown.

by Anonymousreply 2207/24/2013

Guess what OP? There are drugs in the US that came all the way from Afghanistan! Can you believe it? They're called "heroin" (not to be confused with heroine, a female super hero). And Turkey, too.

Like, it's as if crime is a global enterprise or something!

by Anonymousreply 2307/24/2013

Is this one of those cleverly disguised soap threads?

by Anonymousreply 2407/24/2013

I hadn't heard about the mass killing that R19 posted about so I looked it up. Truly chilling account of the Zetas from the Borderlands Beat blog post about Miguel Treviño Morales' aka Z40's arrest and looking at the contenders to his place as the head of the cartel:

"His criminal charges includes the authoring the kidnapping and murder of 265 migrants in San Fernando, Tamaulipas, a city 85 miles south of Brownsville Texas.  The 265 tally represent two incidents; the 72 migrants  discovered at an abandon ranch (photo above), and 193 migrants found in narco fossa.

It was Zetas that crafted a drug business diversification, by expanding into the business of human trafficking.  It is a substantial business for Zetas, who charge thousands of dollars to transport economic migrants into the US.  But the process is not so precise.

Speaking directly with economic migrants through my work with the Casa Migrantes, I have learned that the journey is prepped by assuming two things will happen.  They will be kidnapped, and females will be raped.  All migrants   prepare for the eventuality of being kidnapped, at the minimum of one time during their 2000 mile journey.  Family members prepare and await the call from narcos demanding "ransom" money.

Zetas draw from  these huge migrant pools to select recruits they deem best for narco work, or the sex industry.  The outcome for those refusing to work for the Zetas,  is depicted in the photos of the  72 slaughtered migrants whose bodies were discovered in an abandon ranch in Tamaulipas. (Above)

It is because of the escape of a wounded survivor, we know what transpired at the ranch slaughter.  Through his testimony he said they were taken off a bus/truck and were killed after their refusal to work as drug mules."

I'm sorry for your loss R19. It amazing what people are willing to risk just to come to the US and work a poorly paying job.

by Anonymousreply 2507/24/2013

Chicago is the transportation hub of the U.S. and North America. Of course all the cartels would have some sort of presence.

What I am pretty baffled by is the claim that the town of Arcola, IL has a cartel presence. Yeah it's next to an Interstate, but it's a farm town of about 3,000 people with a huge Amish population famous for a Broom Corn Festival.

by Anonymousreply 2607/24/2013

This is what the "War on Drugs" looks like and it's only going to get worse folks. The majority of people aren't even aware that we are in the middle of a meth, prescription drug, and heroin epidemic. It has ravaged rural America but since those people tend to be poor no one cares. But it has spread and the only thing being done about is throwing people in prison ( meth and meth related crime has been driving increased incarceration rates for about a decade now) and making drugs harder to get/make which causes more drug-related crime and more prison. Communities are destroyed and cartels and mafia families become even richer. Excellent policy.

by Anonymousreply 2707/24/2013

[R13] You still don't get it do you? [R12] Understood you were referring to [R10]. It still isn't all about you.

by Anonymousreply 2807/24/2013

True story. Mothers put their virgin daughters on birth control pills before their journey to USA. Girls are raped and sodomized. Hopefully they then have someone to carry them the rest of the way, and to get them necessary medical attention. Then they're forced into the sex trade to pay off the coyotes. Those that resist at all are tortured and killed.

Efforts to control the border just increases the amount of money cartels demand to transport desperate workers. There is an elaborate system of tunnels between Mexico and the border states, large enough to drive a truck through.

by Anonymousreply 2907/24/2013

The Amish Cartel has been smuggling Mennonite mummy mastic into Spotsylvania without regard for human costiveness.

by Anonymousreply 3007/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!