Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Glee star Cory #Monteith found dead in Vancouver - Thread II

"Sources tell CTV Glee star Cory #Monteith found dead today in Vancouver. Police expected to confirm at 10:30. (PT)"

Let us continue!

by Anonymousreply 18410/02/2013

According to the article in People Magazine, Cory was seen on July 7 at a cafe that was just steps away from an alleyway where known drug deals went down. I hadn't heard that bit of info before.

by Anonymousreply 107/21/2013

Lea, lives she still?

by Anonymousreply 207/21/2013

Has the white kid with the yellow skin from "Glee" made a statement yet? Has he tweeted?

by Anonymousreply 307/21/2013

[quote]Lea, lives she still?

Dead she is not, I think.

by Anonymousreply 407/21/2013

He had a disturbing neck mole but not as bad as that of Josh Hartnett, Eric Snowden or Apolo Anton-Ohno.

by Anonymousreply 507/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 607/21/2013

Try to find an alley way anywhere in downtown Vancouver where drug deals don't go down, R1.

by Anonymousreply 707/21/2013

That is why addicts can inject drugs LEGALLY under medical supervision in Vancouver.

by Anonymousreply 807/21/2013

And in Vancouver they are not called alleys, they are called lanes.

by Anonymousreply 907/21/2013

They are not called Lanes

They are called Insite Canada

by Anonymousreply 1007/21/2013

He looks better photoshopped on the covers of US and People than he ever did in real life. At first I couldn't tell it was Cory.

by Anonymousreply 1107/21/2013

People cover.

by Anonymousreply 1207/21/2013

US magazine cover.

by Anonymousreply 1307/21/2013

Why is there a second thread on this?

He's still fucking dead. Yes, we know.

by Anonymousreply 1407/21/2013

This is the first thread, R14. Check the time stamps.

by Anonymousreply 1507/21/2013

You just know Leah Remini is pissed about getting bumped to the sidebar by Cory. She'll probably accuse Sharon Osbourne of killing the kid just to inconvenience her.

by Anonymousreply 1607/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 1707/21/2013

What do they call bowling lanes in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 1807/21/2013

What happened to Leah Remini?

by Anonymousreply 1907/21/2013

So who is this 'friend' who supplied the killer heroin to our Cory? His cousin said more things would be coming out and made a preemptive comment about not judging when the facts come out.

by Anonymousreply 2007/21/2013

I am to blame.

by Anonymousreply 2107/21/2013

We procured for him!

by Anonymousreply 2207/21/2013

Come on, get happy.

by Anonymousreply 2307/21/2013

umm.. which thread are we supposed to use? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 2407/21/2013

I'm the widow Mon-teeth. Ask me any question you wish, gays.

by Anonymousreply 2507/21/2013

"This thread is just outright cruel. Listen, I understand this is Datalounge, and some bitchiness is expected.. but is there really need for "don't stop grievin"? and why did you even post that picture? It's not real, but if it was.. do you really think that's appropriate? The headline is really not the best either, "still dead" sounds awful. It would be better with "Cory Monteith's death part 2". I just want some respect for the person who passed away."

Use this thread instead. It's not cruel. We honor the memory of Cory here.

by Anonymousreply 2607/21/2013

I'm gonna post this link again.. just in case some people haven't read it already. It's really interesting, talking about what might have happened, including how he supposedly scored the drugs.

by Anonymousreply 2707/21/2013

Thank you, R27.

by Anonymousreply 2807/21/2013

Who was the asshole who who gave Cory the drugs?

by Anonymousreply 2907/21/2013

He seemed and looked so sweet, nothing like an addict. I guess it affects people of all stripes.

by Anonymousreply 3007/21/2013

Even if someone gave him the drugs, it's not like they tied him up and injected them against his will; ultimately Cory is responsible here.

by Anonymousreply 3107/21/2013

Cory is very much responsible.

by Anonymousreply 3207/21/2013

No questions for me?

by Anonymousreply 3307/21/2013

Yeah, Cory took the fatal drugs, but the friend (dealer) supplied him with it.

by Anonymousreply 3407/21/2013

Who's the friend?

by Anonymousreply 3507/21/2013

Bum potty.

by Anonymousreply 3607/21/2013

Is Sugar (Vanessa Lengies) returning for season five? She's my favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 3707/21/2013

She said she'd be back, but it might only be for a couple episodes here and there.

by Anonymousreply 3807/21/2013

It's really gross how they're looking for someone to blame. The "friend" didn't force the heroin up Cory's nose, or however he took it.

by Anonymousreply 3907/21/2013

Was his cousin in Ca when CM died?

by Anonymousreply 4007/21/2013

I'd like to know what they actually found in the room.. if blind gossip were right. I'd also like to know what other substances were in his body, see link.

One thing I've been thinking about though.. is that it all happened so fast. The coroners did an autopsy and toxicity within days of his death. What if it happened too fast? What if they missed something? It's too late to bring the body back now, since he's cremated. I just hope they did all the necessary tests before they released the body to his family. It wouldn't have hurt to have kept the body for a few more days before releasing it, just in case they wanted to do some more tests. I still don't understand why they won't go after his dealer friend.

One more thing.. do you think it's possible the mother decided quickly to cremate him exactly because she didn't want people to speculate? Maybe she didn't want them to poke his body anymore? And even if they technically wanted to do more tests on Cory's body, they can't now. She prevented that. She was basically saying she doesn't want them to do more tests, what happened happened, let him rest in peace. Whatever else comes out now doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 4207/22/2013

No pics yet?

by Anonymousreply 4307/22/2013

I blame Vancouver. It is full of heroin.

by Anonymousreply 4407/22/2013

R43, why would you want to see pics of a dead corpse?

R44, chances are he would have gotten a hold of the drug in LA too. He's rich, and he was an addict. Besides, if he took it at Insite instead of alone in his hotel room, he'd still be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 4507/22/2013

A celebrity is not going to walk into Insite.

Insite or not, that city is full of heroin. That is why Insite is there. And heroin accessibilty is by no means limited to Insite. The drug (and heroin) problem is out of control in Vancouver. This is obvious, yet they want to pretend it is a nice city. It is not.

by Anonymousreply 4607/22/2013

R46, you're right that Vancouver has a terrible drug problem. I'm not denying that. But in the end it wasn't Vancouver that was the problem.. it was himself. He decided to do drugs, it was his choice. He could have said no, he could have stayed away from it.. he could have called someone close to him if he felt he was slipping back to his old ways again.

by Anonymousreply 4807/22/2013

R48 it is legal to inject heroin under medical supervision in Vancouver, Canada.

Cory knew this and he should have gone to Insite.

by Anonymousreply 4907/22/2013

No way a famous face is going to walk into a well-known heroin shooting gallery. He was even photographed around town.

by Anonymousreply 5007/22/2013

[quote] No way a famous face is going to walk into a well-known heroin shooting gallery.

Insite is confidential you know

by Anonymousreply 5107/22/2013

Police did say the investigation is closed. They are not going to pursue the person who gave Cory the drugs.

by Anonymousreply 5207/22/2013

How is it confidential? Isn't it in a building, and doesn't everyone know where it is?

by Anonymousreply 5307/22/2013

R53 the clients at Insite don't even know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 5407/22/2013

"why would you want to see pics of a dead corpse?"

As opposed to what, R45, a live corpse?

by Anonymousreply 5507/22/2013

[quote]The coroners did an autopsy and toxicity within days of his death. What if it happened too fast? What if they missed something?

What do you think they might have missed Mrs. Fletcher?

One more thing.. do you think it's possible the mother decided quickly to cremate him exactly because she didn't want people to speculate?

Speculate what? You think there's something worse for a family than someone killing themselves with Heroin, a totally preventable death?

by Anonymousreply 5607/22/2013

r48, he was probably ashamed and terrified of losing his job. RM mentioned Cory was worried about that and I remember some old interview, Rolling Stone perhaps, where he first mentioned about his 'wild' past and said something along the lines of being worried he would get deported back to Canada.

r42, was it mentioned somewhere that the tox results involved solely heroin and alcohol?

by Anonymousreply 5707/22/2013

Of course Vancouver is awash in heroin,it's a port city. Vancouver's heroin is called China White and it is regarded as particularly potent.

Addicts used to a milder drug or users falling off the wagon frequently overdose because of this.

It is nonsense to say Vancouver's heroin problem is out of control. If anything it is regulated to the point of warnings of "bad" heroin or heroin being exceptional strength are published in the papers and is mentioned on the radio and TV news.

Vancouverites and visitors are not protected from the realities of drug use although the addicts on the street near Main and Hastings are mostly crack and meth users - heroin - not so much. What is underground or in no-go areas of other cities is in your face in the DTES (Downtown East Side).That's what shocks people.

Montieth,having access to $$$ would have no problem scoring heroin anywhere in the world.

by Anonymousreply 5807/22/2013

If dealers knew who is was, they would probably come up to him. His heroin addicted friends would certainly share with the TV star, hoping to make a friend for life.

by Anonymousreply 5907/22/2013

What would be the point in going after the dealer? He was an adult, he made his own decisions. That's like dying in a car accident and charging the car dealer with manslaughter. Yes, the dealer could be arrested for selling a Class I narcotic but he/she would in no way be deemed culpable for Cory's death. There is an inherit risk in taking drugs, Cory knew that.

As for the rest, I find this huge attempt by Murphy and Co. to cover their tracks complete BS. He's sure to mention in every interview how they staged this intervention, how hard they all tried to get him help. 1 month in rehab is nothing for a known addict. Any serious help would have been met w/ a 3 to 6 month stay followed by moving into stable, comfortable environment where weekly meeting are a must. Not jet-setting off to Mexico, NY, Vancouver, etc..

by Anonymousreply 6007/22/2013

If it's not the dealer's fault, r60 (and I agree that it's not), then Murphy & Co. didn't have any fault in the matter, either. Cory Monteith was an adult and he made his own choices. You can try all you want to get an addict into rehab, but if they don't want to stay, they won't.

I think Murphy is actually being very generous in talking up how much Monteith said he wanted to get better, because his actions in the months preceding his death (leaving rehab early, hanging out with dealers) don't belie that.

by Anonymousreply 6107/22/2013

R65, I meant the media.. speculating about who gave him the drugs, if there was a trace of other drugs in his system (like Blind Gossip claims), if there was other drugs in the room etc. We know very little about what actually happened to him. I am aware that the police/investigators probably know more, but still.

by Anonymousreply 6207/22/2013

R57, I don't think so.. I think they just mentioned the cause of death, i.e. the heroin/alcohol combination. I wonder if we'll ever know how long he'd been dead when he was found, what they actually found in the room, and who gave him the drug. It's not like it's that important, it won't change anything, but still.. it would be interesting to know.

Thank you, R58. You said it much better than me. He wouldn't have problem scoring the drugs anywhere in the world, BUT it probably was easier in Vancouver, since he knew the city, where to get the drugs, and the people that could get it for him.

by Anonymousreply 6307/22/2013

I too don't believe that it was the fault of Ryan Murphy etc, R61, I'm just saying I find the huge efforts being made my him to make sure he and Lea come away from this looking as if they did all they could to be nothing more than PR bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6407/22/2013

All the reasons listed above cements the theory that Cory should have gone to Insite to shoot up.

He would still be alive today if he only went there.

by Anonymousreply 6507/22/2013

[quote] I'm just saying I find the huge efforts being made my him to make sure he and Lea come away from this looking as if they did all they could to be nothing more than PR bullshit.

HUGE efforts! It's been ONE interview.

by Anonymousreply 6607/22/2013

Are there any equivalents to Insite in the U.S.?

by Anonymousreply 6707/22/2013

What in the world is "inSite"?!?! We are not all from Canada, you know.

by Anonymousreply 6807/23/2013

Oh, come the fuck ON. Another fucking shitty junkie overdosed and died, and you cunts are acting like your own personal mothers kicked it. Who the fuck cares? He had all the money and all the connections in the world to make himself better, and he instead chose to kill himself with a fatal overdose of drugs.

You celeb-worshiping Marys make me fucking sick. He deserved to be dead, just like every other fucking junkie on the street I wish would fucking die and get the fuck out of my daily sight.

Grow up and get lives.

by Anonymousreply 6907/23/2013

When are we going to see the full autopsy report?

by Anonymousreply 7007/23/2013

R68 in Vancouver you can shoot up LEGALLY under medical supervision.

The place to go to do that is called 'Insite'

by Anonymousreply 7107/23/2013

[quote]Are there any equivalents to Insite in the U.S.?

No, because heroin is a Schedule I drug in the US. Pharmaceutical heroin is legal in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 7207/23/2013

[quote]When are we going to see the full autopsy report?

They won't be, just to piss you off.

by Anonymousreply 7307/23/2013

[quote]You celeb-worshiping Marys make me fucking sick.

And yet, here you are.

by Anonymousreply 7407/23/2013

R69, I have seen so many comments like yours, it's starting to piss me off. Cory probably accomplished more during his 31 years than you will in your entire lifetime. He was extremely humble, kind, generous and down to earth. Not only that, he also helped out with a number of charities. He was just a good guy through and through. His addiction didn't define him as a person. The drugs didn't cancel out all the good things he did. The truth is he really was an inspiration to millions of fans worldwide. He was a true role model. Yes, he had problems.. but don't we all? Nobody is perfect. At least he was open with his problems, and that takes guts. He really tried to get better, he wanted to.. but in the end it wasn't enough.

R70, we probably never will. It sucks, because I'd like to know what they found in the room, and if he really had other drugs in his system too (like Blind Gossip claims).

by Anonymousreply 7507/23/2013

what an idiot

don't do drugs and you won't die before your time

i feel sorry for his family and friends

on a side note he was one hot piece of ass

rip you idiot named cory

now you and the other cory haim can be besties in heaven

by Anonymousreply 7607/23/2013

The sunshine at r69 makes a good point though. I was just wondering the same thing - why I've been honestly sad about his passing, way more so than an old family friend who died some time ago. Of course it had been like over 10 years since I've last seen him, but then again I've never even met Cory.

Maybe it's because he was a good man who lost a fight against his personal demons and his death was so futile. Something like what r75 pointed out.

Or maybe it's because he was hot and once I had a little crush and because I read some interviews and it felt like I kinda knew him, at least a little bit. But now he's gone and it feels like someone close to me died. Maybe that's it.

RIP Cory

by Anonymousreply 7707/23/2013

What does getting pharmaceutical grade heroin mean? Do you know exactly what you're getting, as with medications? Do you know what else is in it and how strong it is?

What's scary about illegal drugs is that you never know what you're getting.

by Anonymousreply 7807/23/2013

Since we'll probably never know what was in his hotel room, and who gave him the drugs.. how about we move onto other things to discuss, like his sexuality?

I'm literally SO confused about his sexuality. I'm not even sure if Lea/Cory was a showmance, everyone here seems to think so.. but they kinda seemed real. It didn't look fake like Harry Styles and Taylor Swift or Kaley Cuoco and Henry Cavill. Lea and Cory actually looked like a legit couple. Don't get me wrong, I still think all their public trips (to Canada etc) was for publicity. But isn't it possible they also were a real couple? I honestly don't know.

I've skimmed through the other Glee threads, and someone claimed Cory had a big ego, kinda like Lea.. and that he's a womanizer sleazebag. I was like WTF?! this is news to me. I kinda believe it though.. I do believe he slept around, or still did when he was with Lea (if it was a showmance). One person on the other thread said he'd hook up with people in Vancouver, mostly women.

I'm starting to believe he really was straight after all (whether or not him and Lea were real). An ex-girlfriend came out of the woodworks and talked to Perez, and then there was a comment I read on another website where a woman claimed her daughter used to go out with Cory. I have no idea how long ago this was.. but it was when he lived in Victoria.

I could definitely see him hooking up with guys in Vancouver to score drugs when he was in his teens. I could also possibly see him being bi, with an obvious preference for women. But fully gay? I highly doubt it. Anyway.. just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 7907/23/2013

[quote]What does getting pharmaceutical grade heroin mean? Do you know exactly what you're getting, as with medications? Do you know what else is in it and how strong it is?

It's made by a drug company using whatever manufacturing standards are required for the country it's been sold in. So it contains what it says it contains, and ideally nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 8007/23/2013

Thanks, VOTN. Pharmaceutical grade heroin available on the streets legally? Why don't all the addicts live in Vancouver?

by Anonymousreply 8107/23/2013

Do you guys think he did heroin all along? I mean.. since the relapse. What made him go to rehab in the first place.. and what did he relapse on? Heroin or cocaine?

by Anonymousreply 8207/23/2013

[quote]I...don't believe that it was the fault of Ryan Murphy

I do. He hurts me.

by Anonymousreply 8307/23/2013

[quote]Pharmaceutical grade heroin available on the streets legally?

I don't think so. I honestly can't quite figure out exactly how it's supposed to work from what I'm reading. I don't know much about how prescriptions work in countries other than the US, because their laws aren't really relevant to me, so I've been trying to read as much as I can about the topic. Half of the articles indicate one thing, half indicate something else. I'd welcome some clarification from any of our neighbors to the north.

I can tell you that in the United States, it's not able to be prescribed at all. Which is really something, since most opiates are tightly regulated, but legal. Fentanyl, a very, very potent opiate (like, 100 times more potent than morphine, as compared to heroin, which is only about 3-4 times as potent) is legal, and used for breakthrough pain in terminal cancer patients, the same way that heroin is used in some countries.

by Anonymousreply 8407/23/2013

After Monteith died, Vancouver police were issuing warnings about very potent heroin that had been cut with fentanyl that people were ODing on, but they claimed that he did not use that combination.

Too bad Monteith didn't go to Insite, likely they could have saved his life.

by Anonymousreply 8507/23/2013

R85, he probably would have been alive today if he did go to Insite. Then again.. with him being a celebrity, I can see why he didn't. So his relapse.. was that due to cocaine or heroin? Does anyone know? I've read conflicting stories. What made him enter rehab in the first place? A website claims that he used heroin in the past (shooting up with a needle), although his recent relapse was due to cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 8607/24/2013

Can we SHUT UP about "Insite" for like five seconds?

by Anonymousreply 8707/24/2013

He could have worn a disguise to go to Insite

by Anonymousreply 8807/24/2013

Insite allows users to inject their drugs under medical supervision.

by Anonymousreply 8907/24/2013

The only reason there is an Insite in Vancouver is because there is such a HUGE drug and Heroin problem in Vancouver. And there still is.

by Anonymousreply 9007/24/2013

R81, if you lived there, you would get the impression that all of the addicts DO live in Vancouver.

by Anonymousreply 9107/24/2013

The "legal" part is taking it at the Insite shooting gallery. It is not handed out on the streets with a smile and someone saying "here, try some."

by Anonymousreply 9207/24/2013

R90 Which is needed since Insite saves lives

by Anonymousreply 9307/24/2013

R92 would you prefer these addict die in the street?

It has been scientifically proven that Insite saves lives. The number of ODs have reduced dramatically.

by Anonymousreply 9407/24/2013

There are still addicts in the streets. They are everywhere. The problem is too much drugs. It is not taken seriously. There are all sorts of phony Band-Aid solutions, the problem is still there is too much drugs. The people in power don't really care. I think they want the population to be addicts.

by Anonymousreply 9507/24/2013

Why does Vancouver have such a heroin problem? Ic it just because it's a port city, or are there other factors?

by Anonymousreply 9607/24/2013

R69, you make very good points, hard as it may be for people to accept. Let's imagine how much worse we SHOULD feel if Cory had been murdered, died in a car accident not his fault, or been diagnosed with a rare, quick-killing cancer. Okay? Things in NO respect his fault.

It is sad he's dead, it's sad he was addicted, addiction is a terrible thing. But short of someone holding a gun to his head while he shot up or is what it is.

R69, ya think ya maybe feel especially bad 'cause Cory was tall, young, cute, and could be bi? Possibly? Kinda, sorta?

Get back to me if something happens to the troll in the wheelchair on Glee. Boo-hoo.

by Anonymousreply 9707/24/2013

So now the dust (ahem) has settled, have we decided if he really was gay or not?

by Anonymousreply 9807/24/2013

[quote]So now the dust (ahem) has settled, have we decided if he really was gay or not?

LOL.. hysterical! NO. But seriously, it would be nice to discuss his sexuality, as I think we're pretty much done discussing the cause of death. We know he died of heroin.. the rest doesn't matter. I don't think we'll ever get the full autopsy either.

I think he was mostly into women tbh. All I've ever read (except here on Datalounge) is that he had former girlfriends. The girlfriend before Lea talked to Perez about him. There was also one comment from a woman who claimed Cory dated her daughter in Victoria. Sorry, I don't really buy these gay rumors here on DL. He was most likely straight. And this is hard for me to admit, because I liked the guy a lot. I'd love it if he was gay. I'm not a stupid fangirl. I know when celebrities are gay.. like Taylor Lautner, Henry Cavill etc. I just don't think Cory was.

by Anonymousreply 10007/24/2013

R87, but Insite saves lives.

by Anonymousreply 10107/24/2013

Because I read here once that some guy overheard a conversation Monteith was having in a bistro or cafe and mentioned a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 10207/24/2013

R97, you're not "realistic", you're just an insensitive douchebag. How about having some compassion and empathy for someone who just died? Can you even imagine how his family might feel, or his friends, Glee cast mates etc..? In the end, the cause of death really doesn't matter. He's gone. Someone passing away is sad, no matter what the cause, especially when they were as young as Cory. Besides.. anorexic people and people with depression who commit suicide.. they TECHNICALLY did it to themselves too. Aren't we allowed to feel bad for them? A life is a life. Who the heck cares how he died? He was an amazing human being. He actually tried to get better, and never lied about his addiction. I don't really understand how you can fault a person like that? He even told kids to go to school and never do drugs, because he didn't want them to end up like himself. He was a true inspiration and a role model. You on the other hand will always be an insensitive asshole.

by Anonymousreply 10307/24/2013

R102, thanks for the reply. I'm sorry though.. it's just kinda hard for me to believe. All I've ever read on other websites is that he had a number of girlfriends. If only I could find that comment from the mother in Victoria about her daughter dating Cory. I was about to post it, but then PT happened and I lost the comment. I can't even remember which news article it was from. But if I find it I'll post it here.

The thing is.. I just don't buy the boyfriend thing. Lets say he was gay.. why would he be so careless to even mention "boyfriend" when he knows there's a chance he might be outed? If anything he might have been bisexual, with a preference for women (just going off what I've read and heard), but he was most probably completely straight. He might have whored himself out to guys to score drugs when he was a teen, but I still believe he preferred women, always has.

by Anonymousreply 10407/24/2013

What's the "dark web"?

by Anonymousreply 10607/24/2013

is the "dark web" like the deep web? i've only read about it but it creeps me the fuck out. Google "deep web" and you'll see why.

by Anonymousreply 10707/24/2013

If he were straight he would have gone to Insite.

Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite Insite

by Anonymousreply 10807/24/2013

Is Insite like a "dark web" More about Insite

by Anonymousreply 10907/24/2013

R105, that sounds crazy. Either way, he was cremated, so that's literally impossible.

by Anonymousreply 11007/24/2013

There was an autopsy before he was cremated. No way some worker there turned down 100k.

by Anonymousreply 11107/24/2013

I'm not so sure, R101.. I mean, I hope you're right, but there wasn't really a need for an autopsy. The toxicology report was enough. Think about it.. the body was released pretty fast. Do you really think they had the time to do an autopsy? I don't.

by Anonymousreply 11207/24/2013

All the news reports reference an autopsy. I think they're much standard when the cause of death isn't definite.

by Anonymousreply 11307/24/2013

R113, maybe, but we may never know what it said, unless it's being released.

by Anonymousreply 11407/24/2013

Of course they did an autopsy. He died alone, was young and the cause of death was unclear.

As for his sexuality, I've always wondered about his relationship with Chris Colfer.

by Anonymousreply 11507/24/2013

What made you suspicious, R115? I'm just wondering.. I'm curious about his sexuality too.

by Anonymousreply 11607/24/2013

The only questionable thing about his sexuality is the glaringly fake relationship with Lea. They didn't look as fake as Cavill and Cuoco because they're actually friends and enjoy each other's company, not because it was real. Despite what romantic comedies will tell you, people rarely have a close relationship for three years, and then have it turn into romance. If it was going to happen, it would have happened much earlier. Anyway, a showmance does not necessarily equal bearding.

by Anonymousreply 11707/24/2013

So nice to see the necrophila fans have joined us!

by Anonymousreply 11807/24/2013

R117, I agree with you. It might have been a showmance, but not necessarily a bearding thing. I actually think he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 11907/24/2013

The full autopsy report is usually where it lists whether the guy is cut or uncut.

by Anonymousreply 12007/24/2013

Suspicious is a too strong word in this case, r116. I just think Chris had a crush on Cory and Cory was pretty comfortable with it. Even Chris' current bf looks a little bit like Cory.

I agree with others though about his preference to women, but I still think he def had experiences with men too. I don't want to be disrespectful, but how else can a teenage junkie get money to support a drug habit, except by whoring or stealing?

by Anonymousreply 12107/25/2013

121, is your speculation just because, or has Cory or Chris mentioned anything? I don't think Cory looked anything like Chris's guy, different body types and facial features.

by Anonymousreply 12207/25/2013

[quote] is your speculation just because, or has Cory or Chris mentioned anything?

R121 is an imbecile who is confusing Cory and Chris with the CHARACTERS they play on a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 12307/25/2013

Does anyone else keep checking Cute Dead Guys hoping for some autopsy pics? Lol

by Anonymousreply 12407/25/2013

I think Cory and Chris resembled each other, with their piggy noses.

by Anonymousreply 12507/25/2013

Chris's current bf looks a lot like Chris imo, hardly like Cory.

by Anonymousreply 12607/25/2013

Thanks for the reply, R121. Yeah.. reading it now I realize that "suspicious" might have been the wrong word.. lol. Sorry about that. English isn't my first language.

I was confused, because I thought you were implying that there was something there between them, which I found kinda hard to believe. But it makes sense that Chris was the one with the crush, and Cory didn't mind. Then again, who wouldn't have a crush on him? He was really cute, and he looked even better when he was younger. He looked the best around Kyle XY. His body was in perfect shape. Just look at these pictures..

by Anonymousreply 12707/25/2013

Some time ago I saw a pic or maybe a video (don't remember, sorry) of Chris with his bf and for a sec I thought it was Cory with him. I think it was the hair and what the bf was wearing, but I just checked some other pics of them and gotta agree with r126, he does look a lot like Chris himself.

Nah, I doubt there was anything more between them, r127. Wasn't there some rumour about Cory hooking up with someone from Kyle XY?

by Anonymousreply 12807/25/2013

R128, yeah, I remember those rumors surrounding Cory and that guy from Kyle XY. His sexuality has been discussed a lot in the old Glee threads. Everything from he was gay and Lea was his beard, to him being a womanizer. Who knows what was true. I guess we'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 12907/25/2013

[quote]As for his sexuality, I've always wondered about his relationship with Chris Colfer.

Cory had said many times that Chris was one of his best friends on the set. Btw, Chris isn't doing so well since the death of Cory.

by Anonymousreply 13007/25/2013

[quote]He looked the best around Kyle XY. His body was in perfect shape. Just look at these pictures..

Cory had to work-out, and take better care of himself, during Kyle XY. That's why he looked his best then.

by Anonymousreply 13107/25/2013

[quote]Cory had said many times that Chris was one of his best friends on the set. Btw, Chris isn't doing so well since the death of Cory.

How do you know? Got any more information? I can imagine though.. they looked very close on set.

by Anonymousreply 13207/25/2013

ITA w R117. It's always seemed like a showmance for me because of how it started so many years after they first started working together.

by Anonymousreply 13307/25/2013

Looks like our boy is being tapped to be the new poster boy for addiction awareness and addiction rehab reform.

How Addiction Treatment Killed Cory Monteith

From his first rehab in his early teens to the intervention staged by Glee co-creater Ryan Murphy in March, the star was failed in every possible way by an abstinence-only recovery culture. Monteith’s tragic death on July 13 was preventable. Now that more details have emerged about what led up to his fatal alcohol and heroin OD, that conclusion is inescapable. As a adolescent, he was sent to many potentially traumatizing “troubled teen” schools—and as an adult, he received addiction treatment that did not follow government guidelines for effective care and did not provide potentially lifesaving harm reduction information.

Meanwhile, the media is doing its usual best to obscure the problem and keep stereotypes about addiction alive. Portraying Monteith as the “new face of” and pretending as though the drug hasn’t long been used by both celebrities and the middle class, the networks and online media are recycling the idea that heroin is just starting to escape the ghetto and affect people who don’t look like an addict “should.” That’s not news.

But what is important—and is not getting enough attention—is the fact that Monteith has just joined fellow heroin addict Kurt Cobain as yet another famous and beloved victim of tough love and, as Anne Fletcher wrote in The Fix on Monday, anti-maintenance stigma.

Monteith’s history with ineffective and harmful anti-drug programs started almost as soon as he began using, at 13. Between that age and 16, he attended some 12 different schools, including several aimed at “troubled teens,” a phrase that has become shorthand for harsh programs that we now know can backfire.

During the years when he was locked inside troubled teen programs—1995-1998—tough love reined. Tactics were aimed at “breaking” youth through physical and emotional abuse—everything from solitary confinement, punitive restraint and sleep and food deprivation to public humiliation like wearing signs saying, “I am an asshole,” being made to dress in drag and being forced to scrub bathrooms with the same toothbrush you must later use to brush your teeth.

It was Monteith’s discovery of his talent as an actor rather than anything in rehab that sustained his recovery during his 20s.

For a sensitive and depressed adolescent, these tactics are counterproductive. They can exacerbate any pre-existing mental illness, a condition of virtually all addicts whose use starts in pre-adolescence like Monteith’s. They can worsen the odds of relapse. Most perversely, they can turn a mild drug misuse problem into a chronic addiction.

So, this is the initial instance where tough love was likely to have harmed the future star. And it probably did so in two ways. First, by the damage itself that comes from harsh treatment. And second, by creating a fear of treatment as disrespectful and even brutalizing.

None of the “care” Monteith received as a teen “stuck.” And while the first “my way or the highway” intervention he got at 19 did initiate a period of sobriety, it was almost certainly his discovery of his talent as an actor at this time rather than anything he experienced in rehab that sustained it. Paradedescribed Monteith’s first experience in front of a camera (in the role of a man contemplating suicide) as “life altering.” The actor told the magazine that it was the first time he’d felt the joy of “working hard and being good at something.”

Fast forward to 2013. Ryan Murphy, the co-creator of Glee, learns that Monteith is using again—and probably, that opiate use was involved.

As Deadline Hollywood reported:

“As soon as I heard what was happening, when we had two episodes left to go, I brought him to my office where we had the intervention,” Murphy said. “He said he wanted to finish the rest of the season, and I said absolutely not. We were not going to put a stupid TV show before his sobriety. I assured him he was not fired, that his job was secure, that he would lea

by Anonymousreply 13407/25/2013

I have no idea if they were really a serious item or if was just a case of (probably bi curious , but straight leaning) co-stars that cared about each other and wanted to keep the show above water. Whether romance or showmance, the coupledom served a purpose on several fronts.

Both actors had their separate reasons for maintenance. Glee kept Cory employed and, to some degree, away from drugs. Lea is lead character - without her, the show loses its center. A romance, or showmance, serves the purposes of keeping both actors in the Hollywood spotlight, keeping Glee relevant, and let's face it, in the past several months it meant, in part, keeping tabs on Cory.

I'm still more curious as to whether Lea Michele and Dianna Agron were an item at one time.

by Anonymousreply 13507/25/2013

And lets not forget the added opportunity for R. Murphy to obtain a ratings boost by promoting "Finchel" and a huge ego boner with added press and multiple opportunities to say he was their fairy godfather/matchmaker. . .once again taking credit for another potential success story.

by Anonymousreply 13607/25/2013

r134 - Wow, what a garbage article that equates some kind of abusive teen program with Cory's boss telling him to take time off for treatment. Yes, those two things are just the same.

And ask Lindsay Lohan how well her non "tough love" treatment plans have worked out.

by Anonymousreply 13707/25/2013

It is a garbage article, with the intent of using Monteith's death to boost the authors opinion that the approach to rehabbing addicts needs to be scrutinized and revamped.

I highly doubt that his early stint in reform schools or his later stints in rehab did Cory in. Furthermore, there's no proof in the article or otherwise to suggest any of the practices, education, or mis-education the author refers to even occurred at all.

The only credit I'll give the article (or the author) is that the issues surrounding addiction and treatment,like that of mental health, would be better served if they were more openly discussed and attended to.

by Anonymousreply 13807/25/2013

R138 Insite saves lives.

He should have gone to Insite instead of rehab.

by Anonymousreply 13907/25/2013

[quote]Cory Monteith is bi/gay. Messed around with guys a lot during his younger years for drugs. Doesn't really hook up with anyone any more other than PR romances with Taylor Swift and Lea Michele (she's also bi, a lot of stories about her from her Broadway years).

From the Gay/Bi male celebs thread post 230.

by Anonymousreply 14007/25/2013

R122 Cory saw Chris as a little brother, and Chris clearly idolized Cory from the start, whether you want to call it a crush or not is word choice. Cory was probably the first straight guy who treated him like a friend, and that leads to a different kind of attachment. Cory even came with Chris when he "came out" on Chelsea Lately. Naya Rivera was there as well, which always seemed a bit strange.

by Anonymousreply 14107/25/2013

That makes sense, R141. Thanks for the info. Why do you think Naya was there with them though? Just curious..

by Anonymousreply 14207/25/2013

It's just precious how some of you take all this bullshit so seriously!

by Anonymousreply 14307/25/2013

R142 There's a photo of her from that night with Chris and Chuy from the show.

by Anonymousreply 14407/25/2013

Chris and Naya are best friends, they have always been close since the first season of Glee.

by Anonymousreply 14507/25/2013

[quote]That makes sense, [R141]. Thanks for the info

And it's complete conjecture.

by Anonymousreply 14607/25/2013

Chris and Naya at the Mall.

by Anonymousreply 14707/25/2013

I was at the checkout today and noticed that Cory is on the front of almost all the entertainment magazines this week - People, In Touch, Hello etc.

by Anonymousreply 14807/25/2013

R146, do you find it hard to believe that Chris and Cory were friends? Doesn't seem that unlikely to me. I never said I believed they were together.. I even find it unlikely that Cory was gay/bi. All I've ever heard of him was that he's hooked up with girls.. that girl from Victoria, the girl he dated before Lea, and then Lea. He might have been involved with showmances.. but I still believe he was straight. I can buy him whoring himself out to guys when he was younger to score drugs, but it's obvious he was always mostly into girls. This is also why I find the quote at R140 to be BS.

by Anonymousreply 14907/25/2013

R130, I can imagine him not doing so well. They seemed close. I just want to know.. how is he dealing with it now? Is he better?

R135, true. I can see why they would enter into a showmance. They did seem very real though. But as others here have stated, maybe it was just a fact of them being good friends and getting along since the start. They were obviously very comfortable with each other.

R136, that is another thing that makes me believe it's fake.. all of the focus on Lea in the aftermath of Cory's death. It just seems like PR planted stories.. like it's all about making her look good, not about Cory's life. It's all Lea, Lea, Lea.. very annoying. Yes, we all know she was his girlfriend, or "girlfriend", but she isn't the only one mourning the loss of a good friend or co-worker. And what about his family, his mother, his brother? It must be even harder on them! Yet it's all about Lea in the news.. it's making me sick. Last news item I read was that Cory had planned a surprise birthday party for Lea. I think it's a bit early starting to plan a birthday party almost two months in advance.. but idk.

by Anonymousreply 15007/26/2013

I don't believe he was straight, R149. There was very little relationship history with girls, and even the one with Lea Michelle was very informal and on and off. And he was 31 without having been in a serious relationship by the time he died.

by Anonymousreply 15107/26/2013

Little relationship history according to who? All I've ever read was that he had girlfriends prior to Lea. There was a chick that he dated before Lea (see link), and then there's the girlfriend from Victoria. I want to find the comment so badly.. but it's basically impossible. It was a comment on a news article I read about Cory's death. Someone said her daughter dated Cory when he lived in Victoria, and that Cory was a very nice guy. I'm not ruling out him being bi though.. but imo he was most likely straight.

by Anonymousreply 15207/26/2013

I still don't know what to think with regards to how genuine the relationship was, but I have to agree with r150. All this "pray for Lea" business from the fangirls (I think it was trending on Twitter within hours of his death) seems borderline disrespectful to me in a way... His loss meant a great deal to a great many people, not just Lea. Why make it all about her?

by Anonymousreply 15307/26/2013

I don't think Cory was gay or bi. He never pinged to me and there were rumors about him fucking groupies or extras who worked on the set.

by Anonymousreply 15407/26/2013

[quote]Yet it's all about Lea in the news.. it's making me sick.

WOW, OK then.

[quote]His loss meant a great deal to a great many people, not just Lea. Why make it all about her?

Why not? You are.

by Anonymousreply 15507/26/2013

I totally keep an open mind about him, he could have been anything. And not one of us will ever know.

He could have been as gay as a goose for all I know. But it's clear the gorilla on his back was substances over all else. Very difficult to fathom.

by Anonymousreply 15607/26/2013

R154 Rumors about Cory doing that? I never heard him. That sounds like more like Mark.

by Anonymousreply 15707/26/2013

I agree that Lea is obnoxious, but I'm not surprised to see all the stories about a GF/"GF"/co-star rather than Cory's family. THEY'RE not famous actors; they probably don't even WANT this sad limelight.

by Anonymousreply 15807/26/2013

where are they?

by Anonymousreply 16007/26/2013

I want Cory in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 16107/26/2013

where can the autopsy pics be found? i don't believe that he's cut.

by Anonymousreply 16207/26/2013

The autopsy pics, R159? I assume you mean the autopsy report?

by Anonymousreply 16307/26/2013

R162, I doubt they would release pics. I assume the person above is referring to the autopsy report where they often detail whether a guy is circumcised or not in the section on the reproductive system.

It wouldn't be surprising if Cory was circumcised. Most Canadian boys were in the 1980's when he was born, before the rate fell in recent years. He was also born in Alberta, in Western Canada, a province with a high circ rate.

by Anonymousreply 16407/26/2013

[Autopsy pics are out! You know where to find em!]

[Question: why do they remove the eyeballs? Is that normal procedure? And do they put them back? He looked really bloated. I thought he would look skinny being a drug addict and all.]

[And to whoever kept asking, he was circumcised.]

so are they out?

by Anonymousreply 16507/26/2013

I think the person who said there are autopsy pics is making it up. I haven't seen it mentioned online yet, and it would be breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 16607/26/2013

They are casting Finn with a lookalike actor. They did a promo photo shoot with him this week in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 16707/27/2013

R154, I agree. And a rumor of "he had a boyfriend in Vancouver" simply isn't enough. From what I've heard he had girlfriends before Lea. The reason we have not heard of them is probably because they were not famous, so they didn't make the gossip mags.

by Anonymousreply 16807/27/2013

I still can't get over that his name was Cory. How embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 16907/27/2013

I'm not sure if I believe Cory was with Lea... but I'm not sure I believe he was gay either. Apparently a few ex girlfriends have spilled to the media after his death.

by Anonymousreply 17008/03/2013

R103,I am HARDLY an insensitive asshole. If you knew me ,family,friends, you would feel sorry for them 'cause they would all tell you I am far too sensitive:cry at the drop of a hit, diagnosed late-in-life Bipolar II, burst into tears inappropriately , cry at pet commercials, etc. You are right that a death is a death and that's sad. But as someone with my own addiction - or "addiction" (which I am NOT comparing) - overreating (I mean 330 pounds at 5 feet 1, okay?), my family and neighbors despair of meeting myself to death; brother (has control of my $$$), has cut me from $40 to $20 a week (he takes me shopping; we buy veggies, fruits, lean proteins) but I somehow find the $$ to eat like a big (aided by friends who like to bake but THEY even tell me to eat less.)

Don't mean to make this about me. And obviously I need to get MY shit in order. But if(when) I die before my time, if you don't think my family/friends will say OUT LOUD: "oh, if only she had dieted more, gotten the weight under control"....if you don't think that will happen, you are perhaps much younger, more naive, and yes, nicer than I.

Or lots of people whose family have despaired of their various addictions.

My point, which perhaps I didn't make too well, was that one cannot CONTROL meeting with an accident; for that matter, getting (most) diseases, but Cory Monteith goddamn well COULD have worked harder at beating this addiction. And yes, I don't know ANYthing about heroin; I am willing to believe it's the hardest addiction to beat.

But others do, don't they.

I ultimately feel sorriest of course for Cory Monteith: he probably felt under tremendous pressure not to let the show down, to keep working, not to (as others have mentioned upthread) be deported, blah, blah. TO the poster(s) who said, one can't really get "cured" in 30 days - good point. If Ryan Murphy wants to feel bad about anything, perhaps it ought to be that he didn't, as one poster suggested, get Cory into a 6-month program.

But ya can't MAKE people, right. All too true.

by Anonymousreply 17108/04/2013

P.S. to R103: I will, however, happily admit to being an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 17208/04/2013

Things must've gotten bad for Ryan staging an intervention to send him to rehab. Wonder what did it. I don't think Cory would've displayed erratic behavior on set. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 17308/05/2013

There are THOUSANDS of unemployed twentysomething actors in LA who would kill for the part of Finn.

And here comes Cory just putting something on tape from Vancouver and gets the part.

Why was Cory so special over other actors, both in LA and NY?

by Anonymousreply 17408/05/2013

Aaron Tveit auditioned for the part of Finn and was offered quick negotiations for the part. Aaron decided not to take the role because he didn't want to walk away from the Catch Me If You Can music.

Soap actor Scott Clifton talked about auditioning for Glee on his youtube channel a couple of years back. He said that he auditioned for two roles. My guesses are that he auditioned for Finn and Puck.

Maybe Scott Clifton would have been ok as Finn.

by Anonymousreply 17508/05/2013

Why hasn't Cory's full autopsy report been released yet?

by Anonymousreply 17608/05/2013

They probably never will, r176.

by Anonymousreply 17708/07/2013

Who is Scott Clifton, r175?

by Anonymousreply 17808/07/2013

Apparently Cory was sober the night before he died, so he did both the alcohol and smack at the hotel?

by Anonymousreply 17908/18/2013

Scott Clifton is (thus far) a soap actor. Started on GH, then OLTL; most recently -and has won one or two soap Emmys - B&B. Started VERY young. Not bad, but IMHO not as good-looking as Cory was.

by Anonymousreply 18008/18/2013

R174 that answer will never be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 18108/18/2013

r179, Opiate addiction is really hard to kick. It's not just the initial withdrawal you have to endure, but after that you're depressed, overly sensitive to pain, tired... and those symptoms can last for years if you've used a lot and a long time. Heroin fucks up your pleasure receptors and it can take years before your natural brain chemistry starts to work right again.

by Anonymousreply 18208/18/2013

Did Cory inject, snort or smoke H?

by Anonymousreply 18309/03/2013

Cory's full autopsy report was released.

by Anonymousreply 18410/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!