Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pope prays for World Youth Day

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis has thanked pilgrims in St. Peter's Square for their good wishes for his impending journey to Brazil for World Youth Day.

The pope departed from his prepared text during the traditional Sunday Angelus blessing to point to a large banner with "Buon Viaggio," or "Good Trip," written across it.

"I ask you to join me spiritually through prayer on the journey I will be begin tomorrow," Francis said.

More than a million young Catholics are expected to celebrate their new pope during World Youth Day in Rio.

The 76-year-old Argentine became the church's first pontiff from the Americas in March, and the trip to Brazil is his first international journey since becoming pope.

by Anonymousreply 1507/24/2013

I think most intelligent people in the civilized world realize the Catholic Church is nothing but evil and bigotry today.

That leaves the poor and stupid in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 107/21/2013

Isn't this tantamount to a lion pride hosting a gathering of gazelle?

by Anonymousreply 207/21/2013

r3 = Peggy Noonan, horny for Francis

by Anonymousreply 407/21/2013

More young boys' feet to wash!

Most disgusting pervvy pope ever

by Anonymousreply 507/21/2013

[R1] is either a jew.

by Anonymousreply 607/21/2013

R3.... Sky Faerie Worshipers UNITE!

Do you have pictures of that long haired white hippy guy on your wall? Whats his name again? Judas, Jimmy...Jexter? something like that.

by Anonymousreply 707/21/2013

But Roman Catholic priests have been praying for a youth - or preying on youths - for a long time now !

by Anonymousreply 807/22/2013

He's not humble or reform-minded. He is violently antigay (or was in Argentina), where he also had suspiciously close ties to the military reign of terror.

by Anonymousreply 1007/23/2013

Or so you're read somewhere, R10.

by Anonymousreply 1107/23/2013

R11, the Pope thinks you are a faggot. This Pope, the last Pope, the one before him, the one they are rushing towards sainthood. JP I didn't think you were one - and you see where that got him.

by Anonymousreply 1207/23/2013

Like you know him personally R11. The head of the Argentine government once called him "something out of the middle ages" which was not a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 1307/24/2013

The Holy Father loves us all and wants to us to go to Heaven. That is why he has to warn us that we must leave our sinful lifestyle. It is not a sin to be gay but, it is a sin to engage in homosexual acts. If the Holy Father didn't love us, he wouldn't care if we went to Heaven or not.

by Anonymousreply 1407/24/2013

It is not a sin R14, and all these holy types know it because unlike you, they've actually read the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 1507/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.