Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why did the new Thor movie: the dark world not feature much of Loki in the trailer?

Does the creators really think that "Thor" carried the movie? I don't know about you but I find Loki is the only reason I watch the movie theories. I thought the guy who played Thor was terrible and basically he acts like a big dumb guy.

by Anonymousreply 60112/26/2013

Has the new-ish Hiddleston thread gone? i'm getting the 'this thread does not exist' message.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

yes, another one, 3 total now. Worse than the Spanish Inquisition.

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

Why in the name of God do those threads keep disappearing? I was reading through that Loki one and when I refreshed, nothing happened.

Is this TH hate? I don't see another reason,as they were discussing some gf tea,so it wasn't random swooning or anything

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

I need to start saving this thread. Maybe it's JA, or Hiddlestoner not to happen about critics.

Anyway, since it has just been posted before it disappeared, Tom left for Australia today.

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2013

*not liking the critics. (damn you autocorrect)

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2013

R4 I think TH looks cute in that picture. You can totally see his curls. Well they had to show some clips involving Thor since the movie is named 'Thor'

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2013

It's strange. I logged on saw 108 posts and then got: Thread does not exist and then saw 109 posts!!! Didn't see anything overtly offensive.

But to the point of this new thread: the titular name of the movie is Thor who is the hero. I agree the first movie depicted Thor as a good guy lunkhead who was quite full of himself. Compared to conniving Loki, Thor is dull witted. FWIW, there's more of Loki in the latest round of trailers.

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2013

I can't think of any reason for that thread to be closed. There was basically nothing in it. What did the last few posts say?

It looks like his big press tour has started.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2013

Where's Loki??

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2013

When is he going to be in China exactly?

The last few posts in the previous thread were about...almost afraid to write her name now,let's call her wimbledon lady...her facebook page didn't have anything special before she made it private.

But really aside from comment on that GQ interview and a summary of wimbledon lady behaviour, there was nothing deserving to be deleted.

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2013

Maybe in the last thread TH was getting too much flack about the GQ interview. Who knows but it's getting a bit ridiculous how his threads are getting deleted.

by Anonymousreply 1210/05/2013

What are the reasons for a thread to be deleted, according to DL rules, I mean? There was nothing special in the latest one. Maybe, it’s some kind of glitch, it happens on DL, threads disappear, not only TH related.

by Anonymousreply 1310/05/2013

Speculation is rampant in the entertainment press that the script for Thor 2 TDW was a mess. After Hiddleston's appearance as Loki at Comic Con was so well received Kevin Feige, the producer had him film more scenes. And Feige publicly acknowledged this was because of Loki/TH's popularity. Joss Whedon also flew to London to rewrite some scenes in the last six weeks or so. This is cutting it very close. There's a lot more of Hiddleston in the teasers, trailers and newly released Thor 2 featurettes.

What I find strange is that so far Tom is the only one doing a full court press promoting Thor 2. I know CH has been busy filming other movies and promoting The Rush movie but with just 3 weeks to go, time for him to step up.

by Anonymousreply 1410/05/2013

I think the biggest wank here is that TH THREADS KEEP DISAPPEARING GOD

by Anonymousreply 1510/05/2013

Seeing as this thread starter is a Loki/TH fan I'm thinking that this might be deleted once all the tea/criticisms come in as well.

by Anonymousreply 1610/05/2013

What gives? According to the Thread Watcher list there are now 111 posts in the Loki thread. How can that be if it doesn't exist?

by Anonymousreply 1710/05/2013

I imagine the OP might be able to delete the thread, but one of the thread deleted was "is Tom Hiddleston a good actor?" which is an opening to critics. I tend to think his fangirls are flagging these threads as "Flames and Freaks" which means a report to the Webmaster. So much for pointless bitchery...

by Anonymousreply 1810/05/2013

The threads aren't deleted they seem to be suspended. Can I just say this happened to a thread on Cumberbatch (about the time of the Ibiza wedding) then it reappeared a while later. The last but 1 thread on TH is still suspended aswell. If a thread is deleted it comes up "thread deleted". I'm guessing the webmaster is getting complaints that fangirls are invading the site.

by Anonymousreply 1910/05/2013

R18 the count says 110 and it includes the OP.

R19 Th has 3 suspended threads now, never mind the last one, the other 2 were suspended at least a month ago.

by Anonymousreply 2010/05/2013

R20 I saw that -- but for a NY minute the count stood at 111 so maybe someone deleted their own post!

by Anonymousreply 2110/05/2013

What is this thing he's doing in Australia and is it just him? As in promoting Loki and just indirectly Thor?

by Anonymousreply 2210/06/2013

There's a meeting and a Q&A with fans. Only him. I don' t know what he will do in Beijing. But nothing strange, he's has been doing most of this movie promotion. Maybe he's been doing his part of promotion now, because he will be too busy with Coriolanus rehearsal in November. I read he will be present at London and Paris première, but I read nothing about LA's.

by Anonymousreply 2310/06/2013

Loki is a much hotter character than Thor. Bruding Thor. Loki is colorful and has a badass mojo. TH's posh noble background allows him to channel Loki's entitlement issues with confidence. I was shocked to learn he's a ginge. The actor who played Thor had a ginger face so not only couldn't we buy him as a true Norseman, he lacks the confidence in all of his roles. In my mind, I pretend I'm the director working his scenes and come away feeling that I can't get blood from a stone. Watching him attempt to act is so frustrating when compared to Loki, who hits it out of the park.

by Anonymousreply 2610/06/2013

Does anyone have a decent biography or genealogy of TH they can link? Would he hold a title if he was born 150 years earlier?

by Anonymousreply 2710/06/2013

He would not have a title, no.

by Anonymousreply 2810/06/2013

I know that his his father has became rich with his job but not rich family behind (His grandad was a scottish shipbuilder). His mother come from an important family, or better that was important years ago, I don't know now. He went to Eton the first in all his family

by Anonymousreply 2910/06/2013

Men on his mother's side probably went to Eton.

Father apparently did well for himself at grammar school and university and then married well.

by Anonymousreply 3010/06/2013

R23 I'm not sure why the lion's share of the Thor 2 TDW promotion has fallen to Hiddleston. The London premiere is Oct. 30th just over 3 weeks away. Hemsworth should be gearing up to promote it, since he's the titular lead! I understand CH has been busy but Thor 2 is a big budget film and he's going to be in Avengers 2. His other movie "Rush" has stalled at the box office here in the U.S.

Loki is featured as prominently as Thor in all of the magazine coverage and covers like Empire and Total Film so far. And there's now a lot more of him in the latest trailers and featurettes. The producers are aware that Loki is a big draw.

by Anonymousreply 3110/06/2013

[quote]I find Loki is the only reason I watch the movie theories.

But Thor is the reason why people watch the movie in praxis.

by Anonymousreply 3310/06/2013

R31 London's première is on Oct. 22nd, Paris on Oct. 24th. LA's on Nov. 4th. So far these are the only ones announced with cast attendance, I guess since the movie will be released in most countries on Oct 30th (except for Italy on Nov. 20th and Korea, I think. Japan is at the end of Jan or beginning of Febr.) doing a première with cast everywhere was impossible. TH is given for sure only for London and Paris.

The lack of promotion by CH is strange though, you're right. Rush in Europe is doing pretty well, but here F1 is a big deal and lot of people remember Lauda accident and the story.

by Anonymousreply 3410/07/2013

[quote]Bruding Thor.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3510/07/2013

Another selfie, terrible this time

by Anonymousreply 3610/07/2013

Another premiere in Berlin on 27th. CH and Eccleston will be at London premiere

by Anonymousreply 3710/07/2013

R32 In all fairness it was his fan army that made Get Lucky into Get Loki. He just went with it

by Anonymousreply 3810/07/2013

New pictures. Hmm I don't know

by Anonymousreply 4010/07/2013

[39] It was what I said, London premiere, plus answering to [34] I added there'll be another premiere in Berlin

by Anonymousreply 4110/07/2013

R41 sorry, my bad.

by Anonymousreply 4210/07/2013

R40 at least they didn't dress him like an 80 year old dude like in the other GQ photoshoot.

by Anonymousreply 4310/07/2013

it's fine

by Anonymousreply 4410/07/2013

it was a reply to [42]

by Anonymousreply 4510/07/2013

OT someone can explain me hot to link a previous post please?

I don't like this new pictures, they emphasize his posh side. I wanna see him with leather, more kinky TH

by Anonymousreply 4610/07/2013

Despite his unicorn image he gives me a pervert vibe. And frankly, I don't mind at all

by Anonymousreply 4710/07/2013

R47 he always give a perv vibe off. Unless he's smiling,he looks like he could do all sorts of things to you

by Anonymousreply 4810/07/2013

R46 you write R and the number of reply you are referring to. No blank space no brackets.

For making a quote or bold text etc. click on the link.

by Anonymousreply 4910/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 5010/07/2013

I don't think the Sydney Thor 2 premiere is this early so why is TH traveling that far just for a few interviews? And most importantly, why isn't the actual Aussie Hemsworth with him? At this point it's hard not to believe the rumors that Hemsworth is really unhappy with Marvel.

by Anonymousreply 5110/07/2013

I don't know if Hemsworth is happy or unhappy with Marvel, but given the lack of enthusiasm for Thor2, I don't think Thor3 will ever happen.

by Anonymousreply 5210/07/2013

Loki 1 will sooner happen than Thor 3 the way things are going. Of course at the actual press junkets Hemsworth will give some bullshit excuse about why he's been missing all these pre-premiere promotions but we all know the ~truth~.

by Anonymousreply 5310/07/2013

[quote]Good grief. Does this mean we are going to suffer through *weeks* of TH yapping about himself at Comic-Con again? Having to sit through his insufferable ramblings on how HE single handedly carried the Marvel franchise in San Diego? How beloved he thinks he is as Loki? His thoughts/feelings about playing a comic book character? How Loki is really Shakespearean in his inception? How he lives/loves Loki and how he is the only person to understand him? How he changed that Daft Punk song to be all about him (Loki)?

[quote]I'm ill just thinking about it.

I'm ill just thinking about all the fan hysteria surrounding this. It has already started with that same OP copypasting every single web article of him onto ONTD and fanfraus encouraging that poster every time. These days you can't go many pages without seeing yet another TH post on ONTD. Most of the time by that same crazy fan too.

by Anonymousreply 5410/07/2013

R51 I agree it's very strange that Hemsworth wouldn't travel to his native Australia to promote Thor2 -- even if only to visit his parents! Maybe he'll be there for the Australian premiere.

And as hunky as CH is, he's never going to set the world afire with his acting abilities even if Joss Whedon does love him. The Red Dawn remake and Cabin in the Woods were utterly forgettable. He got very good reviews for Rush which is doing OK in Europe but not much interest here in the US. He should follow Hiddleston's example and happily promote Thor 2 -- that's his best chance of getting a raise for the big budget Avengers 2. I guess the rest of the cast feels like they're making coolie wages compared to RDJ's $50M payday. Whedon has already said he's aiming for it to make $2B worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 5510/07/2013

Thing is Thor, as character, was quite boring in Thor1 and didn't have much space in The Avengers. So CH didn't get the hype that TH got from these two movies, media or internet. All the work he received wasn't a direct consequence of Thor.

TH after that hype hit a wall, bad luck played a part but next year he won't have a single movie coming out, while CH has just shot a movie with Mann. And CH will be in The Avengers. TH is likely at his last passage with Loki (who believes in a solo movie, really!).

If they did a good job with CS's character in Thor2 he might get more limelight this time. So in the long run maybe things turned out for the best for CH.

by Anonymousreply 5610/07/2013

He has great bone structure but he's looking rather old here

by Anonymousreply 5710/07/2013

Tom might be in the running for a new role in an Australian movie, playing an Aussie poet called Banjo Paterson.

They're looking for someone with face/name recognition so Tom's press stint in Aus might help him clinch this role. Expect him to do some serious sucking up while he's there. He's up against Cumberbatch and Redmayne as usual.

by Anonymousreply 5810/07/2013

I'm guessing he's doing lots of signings, q&as to show he has bankability. They're going to use the fangirls to show the movie execs he's a 'star'. So far this approach hasn't worked at all so I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 5910/07/2013

A bit more complicated than that and much more competition than "just" Cumberbatch and Redmayne.

The producer wants James Franco and here it says they should start early next year. TH should be busy with Crimson Peak right?

by Anonymousreply 6010/07/2013

TH is posher than posh on both sides of the family. His mother comes from old money (a lot of it) and aristocracy, his father new money (a lot of it). If he truly was the first in his family to go to Eton, it is probably because the men on his mother's side all went to Harrow.

I have noticed he is really trying hard in recent interviews to downplay his poshness and call attention the "working class roots" on his father's side, but as always this is all about his image. Truth is, any contact with the working class is far back in the family tree, out of reach, an abstraction. Too bad he can't take things a little deeper and actually unpack that suitcase of privilege and use it.

Banjo Paterson is an Australian legend, and this part is made for Joel Edgarton, who, in addition to being such a fine actor is a very talented musician who can do something with a ballad. It is going to be shocking if they hire a non-Australian for the part, but I understand their constraints.

I do not seeing TH fitting well into this role at all. I am sure he will campaign for it heavily, but he is just too.... posh. And his talent really is slight.

by Anonymousreply 6110/07/2013

2013 was a bad year for TH in terms of new work. But he may yet end the year on a high note in terms of PR & heightened visibility courtesy of Thor 2 (his last hurrah as Loki for the foreseeable future) and Coriolanus.

The Jim Jarmusch vampire film OLLA will be released in early spring 2014. This isn't a big budget film so who knows how many theaters will carry it.

by Anonymousreply 6310/07/2013

It seems CH starts doing some kind of promotion

by Anonymousreply 6510/07/2013

Doing his Austalian accent on live Aus tv. 'I can pull it off, sirs!'

by Anonymousreply 6610/07/2013

Thank god beard is still there

by Anonymousreply 6710/07/2013

Speaking of which, I wonder what "tea" will surface about him venturing down under...

by Anonymousreply 6910/07/2013

Hey, at least he isn't wearing that threadbare white shirt anymore. He was reminding me of a Mormon missionary.

How exactly did he ever get on the GQ radar?

Oh yeah, Luke. His hired shadow. Totally forgot.

by Anonymousreply 7110/07/2013

Sorry he is wearing it once more with that black suit for his Aussie Telly interview. Along with his Aussie accent and his LOOK AT ME! TRY ME! persona, he is taking Sydney by storm. Hey at least we have something new to bitch about. Just be careful not to mention unmentionables on this one.

by Anonymousreply 7210/07/2013

Re: Banjo Patterson role, TH said that was the first he'd heard of it. I think the article was drumming up names to get someone like Joel E. to drop his $. TH looked good - thin as a rake - but damn handsome. The ginger beard and hair is aces, but they need to leave some hair on the side of his head, as the hairstyle looks too high in front. Go back to the look from Avengers/Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 7310/07/2013

Oh sure. It's the first he's heard if it. As if. He is never going to admit that he is auditioning because he would look like an "also ran" if he doesn't get it. Actors never talk about roles until they have them in the bag.

I am not crazy about the haircut, but his hairline is really going south. His HC hairdo is not coming back unless he resorts to plugs.

by Anonymousreply 7510/07/2013

[R75]Relax, I'm just reporting what he said.

Re: the accent, I cringed a little; he's a pretty good mimic but would need coaching if the role happened.

True, the hairline is receding, I don't see the sides of his head being cropped as the solution (or plugs)...just grow it out a little.

by Anonymousreply 7610/07/2013

Hiddleston is box office poison

by Anonymousreply 7710/07/2013

I don't know if he could carry a film on his own but poison? Not at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 7810/07/2013

the theatre owners voted r78. He's poison!!

by Anonymousreply 7910/07/2013

I feel like he's slowly getting hype due to the internet. People think that because he's so popular online he must be a box office draw too. I hope Thor 2 tanks so that people stop fawning over TH and to a lesser extent CH but I doubt it'll do badly because it's a Marvel movie after all. It definitely won't do as well as Iron Man 3, I call it now.

by Anonymousreply 8010/07/2013

I wouldn't call him poison, but he has yet to carry a show on his own. I don't think he is leading man material at all.

The Thor hype is tiresome. The script is cardboard. TH is just an annoying little trained seal for Marvel.

by Anonymousreply 8110/07/2013

Agree with you re IM3. People will still go see Thor even if it's crap.

by Anonymousreply 8210/07/2013

In his new interview on the morning show he talks about his great affinity for Australia: 'Yeah... you know.. at my boarding school some of the maids were Australian'. He actually said that.

Also describes CHemsworth as a 'monumental' actor. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 8310/07/2013

Poor TH. Just cannot grasp the fact his posh upbringing, along with these foot in mouth moments are so off putting. He is clueless. Vapid. Maids indeed. Wonder if this is where he found his lust for the 'lower class' since he has a rep for flirting with maids and waitresses.

by Anonymousreply 8410/07/2013

Wow, he really said that. One has to marvel at how he simply does not get it. Somewhere an Australian director's head just exploded.

I expect Thor 2 to be absolute crap. It's too bad because Norse myth is so rich, but this is Marvel. I've heard the script is dreadful, even with the last minute Whedon attempt to rescue it. This is never a good sign.

The fangirls will watch it over and over though, never fear.

by Anonymousreply 8510/07/2013

What did he say that is shocking people?

by Anonymousreply 8610/07/2013

R83 OMG. OMG. What. My jaw is still on the floor. He actually said that. What did the host(s) say?

by Anonymousreply 8710/07/2013

Just his usual blathering on about his fondness for Aussies, seeing some of the maids at his boarding school were from Down Under. It is in his latest interview from Sydney. Not calling cringe worthy but one of those times you go Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh OK then.

by Anonymousreply 8810/07/2013

What interview was this? TH didn't say anything about affinity for Australia/Australian maids on the Sunrise interview.

Actually, his Australia accent wasn't too bad after watching the interview, for being off-the-cuff.

by Anonymousreply 8910/07/2013

No, another one, The morning show on 7.

by Anonymousreply 9010/07/2013

The morning show on 7 is Sunrise.

by Anonymousreply 9110/07/2013

I just watched the R91 interview and there's nothing about Australian maids.

by Anonymousreply 9210/07/2013

R88 might also just mean a maid popped his cherry and the popped it good a couple of times after. Thus the fondness

by Anonymousreply 9310/08/2013

R91 is right, there's no mention of maids in that interview. And that's the only TV interview so far. TO be honest he also looked genuinely surprised when asked about Banjo, he went "Banjo?!" On the other hand, did you hear saying "Chris is making so many movies" Also, I find amusing that the producer of Banjo movie considers CH budget too expensive and Hiddleston affordable.

by Anonymousreply 9410/08/2013

lol in that Sunrise interview most of the time was spent promoting Hemsworth instead LMAO

by Anonymousreply 9510/08/2013

R95 I was just going to say. Some people here have a tunnel view consisting of TH hate whatever he does. I've only now seen the interview and most of it was in deed about CH. where is this arrogance you speak of? And that oz accent was more of a "crap,why are you making me do this? I have no idea what I'm saying" kind of thing, not the "look at me and my accents" kind of thins you make it out to be. You really need to change your glasses, they seem to be a bit too dirt filled

If someone were to believe your fiction without checking, TH would really seem like the most obnoxious human. Also, where was the maid comment? That was also inexistant

by Anonymousreply 9610/08/2013

Btw, was I the only one getting the impression he had no idea what a Banjo Paterson is? They went on about what a treasure he is as a poet and he was like "oh yeah,absolutely" ,which sounded like "I need to read up on this,it's effin poetry,how do I not know!"

by Anonymousreply 9710/08/2013

Did they ask him if he wore underpants? at the beginning of the video or I understand wrong?

by Anonymousreply 9810/08/2013

There were two morning shows: Sunrise and The morning show. The second one was longer. There was this part about his school.

by Anonymousreply 9910/08/2013

R98 yes, the male host did it in reference to what happened to Liam Payne, whose underpants were stolen in Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 10010/08/2013

R99 This one? Link to the video?

by Anonymousreply 10110/08/2013

Yes, this one.

by Anonymousreply 10210/08/2013

R101 I thik that one

by Anonymousreply 10310/08/2013

He says on The Morning Show interview "I had a housemaster who was Australian" and "the nurses were Australian". This was after the interviewer brought up his school - twice. Not that I'm defending some of his pr moves, but he is good at shilling.

by Anonymousreply 10410/08/2013

I heard him saying "housemaster and nurse at my school" not maid

by Anonymousreply 10510/08/2013

He identified them with the job they did at school, it's no so offensive IMHO

by Anonymousreply 10610/08/2013

And no maids were mentioned. Anyway, by these were two very normal interviews.

by Anonymousreply 10710/08/2013

so dear folks,are you aware that a "house MASTER" is not a Maid?

You really have an issue with finding stuff that doesn't exist. I'm starting to wonder how many of the quotes here that I haven't checked are made up in the same manner just to stir up inexistent dirt

by Anonymousreply 10810/08/2013

"Yes, I do. I look like a Scottish farmer" LOL

by Anonymousreply 10910/08/2013

Oh so he said HOUSEMASTER. Y'all should really quote things correctly. TH himself was a housemaster too if I remember correctly. That or a house captain. Anyway a leader of a house (like what they have in Hogwarts if you're not familiar with the house system).

by Anonymousreply 11010/08/2013

A housemaster is a teacher. He was a house captain. A popular boy who is allowed to use discipline and keep the other kids in check.

At Eton, the boys live together in different boarding houses on one campus. Each house has a house master in charge of looking after the boys and making sure they do their work/don't get in trouble. The 'nurses' are basically maids. They clean up and basically act as surrogate mothers to the boys, since otherwise they would hardly ever see any women.

by Anonymousreply 11110/08/2013

ooooh did TH spank the younger boys when he was in boarding school? Most importantly were he and Prince William in the same house because if so William would be his junior.

by Anonymousreply 11210/08/2013

I never see him wearing jeans. He used to in the past.

by Anonymousreply 11310/08/2013

R111 I see, so nurses not as in the medical profession. Then who said "maid" was not that wrong.

by Anonymousreply 11410/08/2013

Eton calls these people dames. I think, but am not sure, they often employ registered nurses as dames. Dames have assistants and between them they keep the pupils' lodgings clean, organise laundry, do a bit of pastoral care and take care of cuts and bruises etc.

They are a combination of cleaner, secretary, laundress and nurse.

In short, they are servants: the school's version of the nannies these boys had at home.

by Anonymousreply 11510/08/2013

Overall the two Aussie TV interviews were straightforward; nothing offensive or juicy. And yeah, not surprisingly a lot of talk about CH & TH is always fine w/that since they're friends.

Box office poison? No way. That's usually reserved for lead actors who have a series of flops. I'm looking at you Johnny Depp (Dark Shadows, The Lone Ranger)

by Anonymousreply 11610/08/2013

Maybe some of you should check your facts before jumping on the so called TH haters. Posh terms for a posh school. Maid is just too common a term for Eton, as would be a butler.

by Anonymousreply 11710/08/2013

I am familiar with the Eton system. "Nurses," "Dames," etc. are housekeepers. They clean the rooms, do laundry, supervise the cleaners, and kiss boo-boos. They are absolutely servants, no different from the porter or the guy who cleans your staircase at Oxford or Cambridge.

I don't think TH intended to be patronizing, but he is always a bit patronizing. The fact that he is patronizing and hasn't troubled himself to know what he is doing kind of gets to the heart of the problem imho. He doesn't like being judged for being posh, but it is a system he believes in.

What I want to know is where did the interviewer ask him if he wears underwear, and what was his answer?

by Anonymousreply 11810/08/2013

The underpants is in the video R91 posted. TH answered yes, and before some fangirl nutjob thinks the host asked because of their fangirl posts, it was a reference to Liam Payne having his underpants stolen in Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 11910/08/2013

R118 That was on the Sunrise interview. The talk show host asked Hiddleston if he had his underwear in reference to the fact that a group of fans had just broken into the Sydney hotel room of One Direction's Liam Payne a day earlier and stolen his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 12010/08/2013

Payne fangirls are crazier than his fans

by Anonymousreply 12110/08/2013

I think TH's undies are safe as he never wears any, or so it appears, in the candid shots of his um, crotch. LOL. Fans breaking in and stealing personal items, wow. Nutters.

by Anonymousreply 12210/08/2013

it's me or does he look so uncomfortable with male fans?

by Anonymousreply 12310/08/2013

No, I wouldn't say so. In general I think it depends on what kind of fan he's facing, hysterical or nice. Anyway, male fans tend all to write that he is nice and cool.

by Anonymousreply 12410/08/2013

He always does a big goofy smile and cuddles with the girls and then stands looking awkward around the guys. It's putting on a different face for the required audience. for boys, he's epic/cool/legendary. For girls he's sweet/adorbs/fluffy/perfect/gentleman. There was a couple of fanpics from Australia which were hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 12510/08/2013

He looks fine. The only thing that's very obvious when he's standing next to guys is that it emphasizes how thin he is. Hiddleston needs to eat; he's disappearing.

by Anonymousreply 12610/08/2013

In GQ interview, journalist said he ate burger and fries, green vegetables and two beers. Maybe he eats only during interviw

by Anonymousreply 12710/08/2013

I think he tends to get wrapped up in work and unless he is out with a date or something is the only times he really sits down to eat.

by Anonymousreply 12810/08/2013

A confusing diet

by Anonymousreply 12910/08/2013

He's just a sporty person who takes care of himself and he looks perfectly healthy to me, why is this even an issue? Plus why are we mothering him that's what his fangurls are for, we're supposed to trash him to death!

by Anonymousreply 13010/08/2013

He's very thin, I hope his penis it's not

by Anonymousreply 13110/08/2013

Amen, r131.

I think the lucky bastard is just one of those people who has to work to gain/maintain weight. By all reports he eats.

The Coriolanus fight training photos look good though. You can see his nice pecs through the T-shirt. And those were in the last week.

by Anonymousreply 13210/08/2013

R131 No it's not thin. He is pretty endowed in that part.

by Anonymousreply 13310/08/2013

Personal experience r133? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 13410/08/2013

r133, yeah do tell. Tall guys usually are hung, well usually.

by Anonymousreply 13510/08/2013

Yep, TH is metabolically blessed with a super fast metabolism that allows him to eat whatever he wants and still be slim. The issue for him as an actor is that when he loses weight and gets too thin it shows in his face. He does have nice pecs. But as someone mentioned upthread he's got a lollipop head. That combined with his receding hairline makes him look older than his 32 years. He's aged a lot in the last few years -- big difference in his face in the original Thor and now. GQ reporter pointedly mentioned that he looked much "slimmer" in person than in his pictures.

by Anonymousreply 13610/08/2013

He needs to eat more and grow his hair out.

by Anonymousreply 13710/08/2013

I think his hair is a little too short on the sides. With his fluffy top of hair it just elongates his face.

by Anonymousreply 13810/08/2013

Just checking,for fear of this thread being close we shall not mention she who cannot be named anymore?

by Anonymousreply 13910/09/2013

Wow, it's amazing how much you all hate Tom Hiddleston.

Also amazing; How that hate somehow manifests as watching his interviews repeatedly, worrying about his metabolism and diet, advising him on the most attractive hairstyles, obsessively stalking his fuck buddies to the extent of knowing who they follow on Twitter and the exact date they stop following people, tracing his family tree back multiple generations, researching his prep schooling, and being able to cite examples of how he poses with random individuals over time.

You pathetic fanchicks are not fooling anybody except yourselves. Fuck of back to Tumblr with the rest of your ilk, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 14010/09/2013

I think most people here who know his background are ex-fans who used to be hardcore fans. But yeah those people who keep commenting on every single detail of his current interviews/hookups are probably fanfraus from Tumblr or fanpages who should really go back to their fancaves.

by Anonymousreply 14110/09/2013

Do not mention someone with the initials JA. I dont care. Just discuss Tom alone, that is it.

by Anonymousreply 14210/09/2013

[quote]Do not mention someone with the initials JA. I dont care. Just discuss Tom alone, that is it.

Do you mean Jane Arthy? What could possibly be wrong with mentioning Jane Arthy? I quite like Jane Arthy! After all, the mere fact that Jane Arthy gets to ride Hiddleston's cock whenever she wants pisses you bitches off no end. I mean, what's not to like about Jane Arthy? Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy.

Fuck off back to Tumblr you deranged cow.

PS Jane Arthy.

by Anonymousreply 14310/09/2013

I'd do him 'til he's Thor.

by Anonymousreply 14410/09/2013

R143 Judging by that GQ interview it's unlikely she'll be riding it again. That's not why people are fed up of her being mentioned - it's been overblown (and I posted on the other thread).

Although I think some fangirls who make it over here either don't want to believe he hooked-up with a previous hook-up, or that he hooked-up with anyone at all.

And for anyone else who makes it over here from other boards, re that ELLE interview: I don't see how having a gated entrance to his house is relevant (go read the posts again, it's isn't).

by Anonymousreply 14510/09/2013

R140 Don't you know that when you hate someone you needs somenthing new everyday to add fuel to fire? Silly people

by Anonymousreply 14610/09/2013

Jesus Christ, what the hell is in his PR mind?

by Anonymousreply 14710/09/2013

R147 #4 it's ok but #2, and especially #3, what's wrong with that photographer!

by Anonymousreply 14810/09/2013

R147 I think he photographs well but the clothes are terrible and that's not his fault, poor thing probably didn't even notice what a fugly coat he was wearing, he's devoid of any sense of fashion as most straight men are.

R145 lol probably tumblrites are on google maps trying to figure out which one his house is.

R140 thank you!

by Anonymousreply 14910/09/2013

R145 judging by that GQ interview, she hasn't since after Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 15010/09/2013

R48 It's the shape of his mouth and his thin lips. He looks like he ought to have a forked tongue ¬_¬

by Anonymousreply 15110/09/2013

R143 Did you mean Jane Arthy? The Jane Arthy? I think you meant to say Jane Arthy, right? What a beautiful name, Jane. And then Arthy

by Anonymousreply 15210/09/2013

Holy fudgeballs R147 !tthat third picture looks like a cockroach spreading his wings

by Anonymousreply 15310/09/2013

R140 I never said I hated him. I think there is a difference between hate and calling someone on their BS. Usually, the ones that say go back to Tumblr are in fact the ones from Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 15410/09/2013

R143 Been there, done that.

by Anonymousreply 15510/09/2013

I like TH in just plain clothes, EXCEPT that worn out tee and white shirt. Man went from looking like burger n chips to a bland mash up of potatoes. The jackets though are at least interesting.

Wonder if old Lukester got to dress his boy? All the while stroking that fur collar whispering 'you still LOVE me right? You won't EVER ditch me in a fashion rag, would you? Tom? Tommy? STOP thinking about the maid from last night! I can pour tea just as well. Tom?'

by Anonymousreply 15610/09/2013

They want to stay in their little delusion that their precious prince is remaining chaste until they come into his life and they give their flowers to each other *hurl*

by Anonymousreply 15710/09/2013

Well they shouldn't have any problems finding his house when Googling it. It will be the one coated in pixie dust, with little Disney animals frolicking in his garden and Cookie Monster riding a unicorn. And their Prince, sipping tea whilst reading their fan mail, weeping with joy.

by Anonymousreply 15810/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 15910/09/2013

R159 that whore. The woman must be very happy though.

by Anonymousreply 16010/09/2013

R159 LOOOL is this guy serious hahahaha imagine Fassy holding a fan in his arms like that and the absurdity of it will become clearer.

by Anonymousreply 16110/09/2013

you think fassbender wouldn't do the same? don't kid yourself,there's no way to turn a fan asking smth this specific down without lookig like an ass or a weakling.she was very clever in her request

by Anonymousreply 16210/09/2013

The girls who got tickets had to camp out overnight because they started handing out tickets at 4am apparently.

They dressed him up in a flower crown and knighted him as 'king of everything'. He sung happy birthday to various girls. One girl jumped on his back.

It was basically a Hiddles-worshipping event and he loved every minute.

by Anonymousreply 16310/09/2013

so if I ask Fassbender to bend me over the table for a pic he'd do it? MOVE BITCHES OUT OF MY WAY I GOTTA GO!

by Anonymousreply 16410/09/2013

R163 so much second hand embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 16510/09/2013

i say ask the bender to bend you and you might reach a good compromize.or get him drunk and he'll bend you anyway

by Anonymousreply 16610/09/2013

He looks like an older brother being very patient with a bunch of overeager younger brothers and sisters.

by Anonymousreply 16710/09/2013

R163 ewww that whole description makes me cringe. Why. Just why.

by Anonymousreply 16810/09/2013

[quote]They dressed him up in a flower crown and knighted him as 'king of everything'. He sung happy birthday to various girls. One girl jumped on his back.

Just. What.

by Anonymousreply 16910/09/2013

So was that a specially held fan event or what? TH went all the way to Australia for a couple of interviews and a worshiping event?

by Anonymousreply 17010/09/2013

Just saw Cumberbatch photo set for Esquire USA November - waaaaaaay better than TH GQ.

by Anonymousreply 17110/09/2013

The flower crown thing is from tumblr. They photoshop them onto actors. no idea why.

Here he is being knighted

by Anonymousreply 17210/09/2013

they turned up like this

by Anonymousreply 17310/09/2013

I have nothing against cosplay for events like Comic Con but omg the thirst

by Anonymousreply 17410/09/2013

Maybe it's too much, but between him like that and a snob superstar I choose him

by Anonymousreply 17510/09/2013

R175 and that's why you'll fail at life.

by Anonymousreply 17610/09/2013

here he is, making tennis noises. not a euphemism.

by Anonymousreply 17710/09/2013

R177 Not just tennis. Uh uh

by Anonymousreply 17810/09/2013

oh crown too? isn't that some new hipster thing? i still think that is you're an ass you can't fake being so nice to people and being so touchy feely

by Anonymousreply 17910/09/2013

Wow. TH has turned into a one-man theme park ride.

Maybe they should dress him up and make him stand around in Pixie Hollow at Disney World.

by Anonymousreply 18010/09/2013

Put a dog treat on his nose and see what happens...

by Anonymousreply 18110/09/2013

he does have a rather bizarre relationship with his fans. I wonder if he ever gets really famous, will he keep this up?

also, did you read the tea in CB about someone saying TH tried to hit on her friend on some party? based on that, he sounded just as desperate and self-centric as he appears to be.

by Anonymousreply 18210/09/2013

Link to that tea R182?

by Anonymousreply 18310/09/2013

He. Gave. A. Fan. A. Piggyback ride.

Tom, you know when a fan asked BC to touch his hair he said "Too far".......

by Anonymousreply 18410/09/2013

Awww, what is wrong with Tom giving a fan a piggy back ride? He has a huge fan base consisting of young girls and woman and is loving the attention. The fans, in turn are getting something. It's win-win.

by Anonymousreply 18510/09/2013

The 'tea' on CB was spilled by a troll who everyone there believes to be the same one spilling the other 'tea' here. Just trolls with nothing better to do. The story sounds like so many other so called 'my friend' encounters. If they are real, then TH is a broken record and dull.

by Anonymousreply 18610/09/2013

Scroll down to someone called Elodie. Several posts with that person going on about the 'encounter' Like I said, same old song and dance, different venue.

by Anonymousreply 18710/09/2013

I dunno, I found her post to be believable. She wasn't claiming any vast intimate knowledge, she was just reporting a chance encounter that to me seemed very characteristic of TH.

I deeply suspect, based upon things I have heard from so many people who have met TH, that he is excessively eager to please, eager to be liked, needy and overenthusiastic, hits up on women left and right, and doesn't really notice when he strikes out-- and its striking how often he strikes out. Ever wonder why this guy is alone so much?

We are in the countdown to Thor 2 and he is on a promo tour. He is going to do backflips to please everyone and if it means giving piggyback rides, so be it. I think he knows that his career depends upon the success of Thor 2, so he will do whatever he can to get butts in seats.

I think his talent as an actor is limited, but one thing he has going for himself professionally is he is tireless at promoting the film. Someone will notice that.

by Anonymousreply 18810/09/2013

Tom can have any woman (or man) he wants. He has got to be getting some action. He certainly is keeping it under wraps.

by Anonymousreply 18910/09/2013

That, or he is not hitting it as much as you might think. Except with fans of course.

By the way, I think CB is hilarious. Whatever "tea" you think they do or don't have, they know what to do with their dear "TommyAnnE."

by Anonymousreply 19010/09/2013

I think both Hiddles and Cumberbatch have discovered that when you are this famous, the odds are good... but the goods are odd.

by Anonymousreply 19110/09/2013

He gets some action. Not every waking moment, but he gets some.

by Anonymousreply 19210/09/2013

He gets some action for sure, more than his fans think, less than DL thinks

by Anonymousreply 19310/10/2013

What about this thing

[quote] “Three films of integrated psychology and- thanks- all I get is “he’s evil”.” - Tom Hiddleston, on Loki being oftenly (and generically) classified as “evil” (Popcorn Taxi Q&A, October 8, 2013).

by Anonymousreply 19410/10/2013

R193 his fans think he's a virgin,anything than that qualifies as more.

by Anonymousreply 19510/10/2013

" Seeing Tom Hiddleston in the flesh was one of the most incredible experiences of my life, but I will not deny that it was also heartbreaking. It may sound strange, but it is likely a sentiment shared by the hundreds of fans who waited outside the Kinokuniya bookstore from 4.30am – 10.00am yesterday morning, even though we knew the 150 places were already taken. It was likely felt by those 2800 people who missed out on one of the invitations to the Popcorn Taxi Q&A session on Tuesday night. And I’m sure I was not the only one who burst into tears on the plane home thinking that this morning Tom was leaving Australia.

Tom would hate to know of our heartbreak. He would most likely try to comfort us all with hugs and “I’m so sorry darlings”. And therefore, I will not focus on that. Instead I will focus on the amazing experiences, and there were many."

by Anonymousreply 19610/10/2013

R196 Eh that girl clearly needs help but so do One Direction Fans, N'Sync fans in the late 90's, etc

by Anonymousreply 19710/10/2013

R197 so true.

by Anonymousreply 19810/10/2013

R196 If the age of this person isn't above 20 it's still acceptable. Older than that...but then again I've seen men crying over football!

by Anonymousreply 19910/10/2013

My boyfriend's whole night is ruined whenever Arsenal loses, so obsessed fans come in all types.

by Anonymousreply 20010/10/2013

R199 she goes on to claiming he stared at her legs in her post, I don't know how old she is.

by Anonymousreply 20110/10/2013

Look fans see and feel what they want to feel, obsessive fans even more so. Their fav actor/musician look in their general direction they suddenly think he's in love with them, they get a handshake they think they are special and unique. It's the fuel to their fangirl lives.

Any more pics, or better video footage, of the Q&A or this meeting with fans? And what next for TH China or Korea?

by Anonymousreply 20210/10/2013

R202 So true-- and TH knows this. and milks it for all it's worth.

I wish he would focus on his art and become a better actor, but this is where he has chosen to throw his hat.

Integrated psychology? Good grief. Loki is a cardboard character. There's a limit to what anyone can do with that.

by Anonymousreply 20310/10/2013

R184 Yes, but then again, at the height of his Doctor Who popularity David Tennant let a fan give his hair a good ruffle.

by Anonymousreply 20410/10/2013

TH can't have any woman or man he wants: he can have whatever Hiddlestoner he wants.

I think he has figured out that this has its limits.

I think we should expect full-on groveling to the fans for the next few months. Rumors I have heard lead me to have low expectations for Thor 2, and too much is hanging on it for him.

by Anonymousreply 20510/10/2013

I think he's a nice guy and - it would seem - a good sport when it comes to fans.

Autograph signing and a bit of friendly chit-chat (or mild flirting) is one thing though, piggyback rides and being garlanded with flowers something else. Very embarrassing indeed. I don't get why anyone would ask someone they don't know to do something like this. You've only just met the man and you want him to give you a piggyback ride? Weird.

I'm guessing TH sort of enjoys the attention or is happy to tirelessly promote Thor (and Loki and himself) by whatever means necessary. I still find his dorky enthusiasm preferable to him being 'above that sort of thing', but can't the fans dial it down a notch?

by Anonymousreply 20610/10/2013

R205 Right, women? I don't know, he seems a man child, maybe a motherly nurse

by Anonymousreply 20710/10/2013

He does give off that vibe a bit R207 But don't a lot of English men.

by Anonymousreply 20810/10/2013

the first funny thing on tumblr that's TH related

by Anonymousreply 20910/10/2013

R206 Don't hold your breath waiting for tween & teen fangirls to dial back on their hero worship of Hiddleston or any objects of their desire! I scored great seats for my two nieces to a Justin Bieber concert this summer and they still haven't stopped talking about it.

Good for Hiddleston that he's nice to younger fans. He does pander to the older ones and that has come back to haunt him on Twitter. Still there's no real tea about him.

Meanwhile, he's still doing 90% of the promotion for Thor 2 although TH, Hemsworth and Feige will be doing Skype interviews. Even if Thor bombs, Hiddleston will have garnered massive amounts of PR courtesy of Loki. He'll have to live off that buzz for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 21010/10/2013

What's really so bad about letting them have their fantasy. Real life relationships are gonna be hard enough as it is. I really don't see that much harm in letting them go on believing that TH is a gracious, polite gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 21110/10/2013

Except it's not true, and that's not healthy at all.

by Anonymousreply 21210/10/2013

R211 It's unhealthy for them and for him. The amount of times on boards I see "this perfect prince...he's so perfect...this man!" it's like they've no idea he's a human being with faults like the rest of us. If he screws up or any real juice comes out about him, the stans will have their illusions shattered. Let alone that damage it does to his personal life and career.

by Anonymousreply 21310/10/2013

He is too needy and insecure to quit the fan adoration fix. I just hope the crazies don't harm him. He is showing them how easy it would be since he is so hands on with his adoring fans. Don't his handlers see the danger this could be? Too many nutters out there. Even in a 'controlled' meet and greet, the over the top crazies can get through. Look at Cannes. And then look at the fan clinging to his back in some of the pics from Sydney. TH is either clueless or as fanatical as his fans.

by Anonymousreply 21510/10/2013

He says he hates the attention, but in action he is full of shit. He loves it.

Any more tea???

by Anonymousreply 21610/10/2013

R216 Well there's this from a 20something Australian woman named Elise who attended the book signing and posted on Tumblr. This bit of her recap is hysterical.

"He sang happy birthday to one lucky fan and tried to get us all to join in but we didn’t want to block out his beautiful voice.

He told us to dance more, sadly not with examples.

He sat like a whore nearly the whole time, and spent half the interview rubbing his leg — very distracting, let me tell you!

The interview ended with an exclusive clip never released anywhere. He had to check with the MC that that was what they were about to show us, so he was standing and bending over slightly to talk to the guy — let’s just say those pants were stretching in all the right place!"

by Anonymousreply 21710/10/2013

R216 I don't think he ever said he hated the attention. I think he said it 'alarmed' him. He is a man that thrives in social situations. Fassbender is just an arrogant ass. Whishaw is too much of an introvert. Law I don't know that well plus I think he is only an ok actor imo.

by Anonymousreply 21810/10/2013

R218 I think maybe R216 was referring to this Collider interview where he says

[quote] The bit I love is I really love acting, really, and the circus of it, the circus of being- for want of a better word, a celebrity is something I’m sort of not interested in. I find it strange.”

by Anonymousreply 21910/10/2013

R210 What do you mean by it has haunted him on Twitter. I think his older fans more so see him as his, then his younger fans do.

by Anonymousreply 22010/10/2013

I meant 'as is'

by Anonymousreply 22110/10/2013

R220 Yes, I agree his older fans do see TH as he really is and they're in hot pursuit. I was referring to the fact that he actively egged the fangirls on with his pandering posts and pictures of the presents they sent him, etc. When this didn't help him get movie roles outside of the Marvel franchise he toned down his Tweets. Too late now though because he's got some seriously crazed fans many of whom believe he's a virgin Unicorn fairy prince.

by Anonymousreply 22210/10/2013

The ladies at CB strike me as older and smarter, and they love having their fun with TH. They also know when to apply the ball gag and call him on his crap.

TH has plenty of "fans" who are also well aware of his shortcomings and limitations, appreciative of his unintended absurdities, and are fully aware (and probably relieved) that he is not a unicorn prince, never fear.

by Anonymousreply 22310/10/2013

[bold]Tom Hiddleston's impression of Owen Wilson as Loki is surreally fun[/bold]

I don't know why someone would ask Tom Hiddleston to do an impression of Owen Wilson as Loki in from The Avengers, but I do know the internet is a better place now because of it. By the gods, could this man get any more likable?

by Anonymousreply 22410/11/2013

Chris Hemsworth recorded a video message to the folks in Beijing since he's not there promoting Thor 2

“But I’m glad we have the perfect representative there today in my brother, in the movie, your Loki, Mr. Tom Hiddleston. - Hey, Tom! Don’t talk too much, have a great time and just try not to steal my thunder when you get there, okay?”

Even CH is calling Hiddleston out on talking so much, funny!

by Anonymousreply 22510/11/2013

R224 Go back to the hole of crazy fans you came from, you're on the wrong site.

by Anonymousreply 22610/11/2013

What I really love is that Benedict Cumberbatch's Q&A on Reddit today leaves everything by TH is the DUST. Nice to see someone who has a functioning sense of humor and a quick wit in action.

Sorry Hiddles, I know you are reading this. You're tired.

by Anonymousreply 22710/11/2013

A threesome with Tom Hiddleston and Michael Fassbender is my fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 22810/11/2013

People exaggerate how bad his fans are. Or rather, the fans can get nutty but I believe he doesn't get exposed to it as much as people think.

The story about fan jumping him at Cannes? No proof, probably didn't happen. Any woman who he dates getting death threats? Again, everyone says so at Tumblr but there is never any proof. There was one screencap of one user sending nasty messages to Sian, that's it. If people are constantly seeing so much hate directed at these women, where are the screencaps? Jane Arthy especially, I followed the situation, the only place I saw hate towards her was here - on Tumblr, it was just the usual "I'm so happy for them" crap. People talk like he's about to be murdered by a fangirl, I mean most of them are teenagers, what are they going to do? I'm sure Tommy is a big boy who can defend himself and doesn't become traumatized if some 14 yo girl in loki costume gives him a hug.

Yeah, he gets embarrassing fan mail and messages on twitter and some of his fans are socially retarded. Guess what? That's part of the job of anyone who is famous. It happens to every single actor, especially when they are involved in geek projects. He makes millions for every Marvels movie he plays in, I'm not going to weep for how hard he has it because someone send him a porn fanfic once. Boo fucking hoo.

If he was A-lister it would be different. Right now his fanbase is small enough that he can deal with it. whether the way he deals with his fans makes him look good or bad, everyone can decide that for themselves, but let's not pretend that there is any real harm being done to anyone. Not even Tommy boy's sensitive little upper class soul.

by Anonymousreply 22910/12/2013

R224 that was one weird but funny impression.

There are pics of TH press tour here

https: / /

And I found this gif from a recent interview but no idea which one.

by Anonymousreply 23010/12/2013

Search "Jane Arthy" on twitter.

Don't click on her account, just toggle through some of the hits from others. Death threats. People are psycho.

Anyway, his unicorn image is about to bite the dust.

Someone at the aforementioned celebitchy is hinting at some major dirt they claim to be afraid to reveal. And he os referred to as an "asshole" and "damaged goods."

Finally, some dirt!

by Anonymousreply 23110/12/2013

r 231 I saw that! I immediately thought it was her.

by Anonymousreply 23210/12/2013

R231 link to the post in question?

by Anonymousreply 23310/12/2013

Here, I found it. Number 25 in the comments section.

by Anonymousreply 23410/12/2013

Hopefully, this thread wont get locked. I want some real tea.

by Anonymousreply 23510/12/2013

R234 thq.

Well, first thing, we now know that the person that posted that supposed recent sighting of TH and JA is Janine at CB.

MissThing used to defend the man far and beyond, just read her comments in past posts. I'm curious.

by Anonymousreply 23610/12/2013

MissThing's story sounds like the early confessions of someone sexually harassed. This doesn't mean he did something like that and to be honest I really don't think he is the kind of man to force himself on anyone but I'm really curious what it is she feels the need to hide, I doubt she'd feel obligated to keep things secret if it was just seeing him with someone or being mean et al. Maybe he's into really weird stuff in bed.

by Anonymousreply 23710/12/2013

R237 What is the "kind of man to force himself on anyone"? Many rapists and abusers are absolutely charming to the public and extremely popular.

by Anonymousreply 23810/12/2013

R238 we would have heard of it don't you think? Please, let's not go from unicorn-prince to rapist in one go.

MissThing claims he behaved like an asshole to her and that for him women are objects. But then she says that she promised him not to say a word. Why on earth would you feel like you need to keep a promise to an asshole I have no idea.

All this can refer to many things, from a hook-up to a conversation where he dissed people. It could also be BS. Waiting for more details.

by Anonymousreply 23910/12/2013

If she doesn't reply within the next 12 hours I am calling bullshit. It's always a tease and run kind of situation where the poster panics when they can't think of anything else to add.

by Anonymousreply 24010/12/2013

R237 here, I never meant to say he was a "rapist" that's a horrible accusation and it's a very serious issue that shouldn't even come up in a gossip site where any kind of information spreads like wild fire, for that I'm really sorry I wish I never wrote that post, I regretted it the moment I clicked save post.

All I wanted to say was she made it sound like a huge deal, and I tend to believe tea spillers so I wondered what it might be she wanted to keep a secret.

And this is why datalounge needs a delete post button.

by Anonymousreply 24110/12/2013

Well, since everybody says at DL we are idiots, I went looking back for MissThing commens on TH in CB past posts.

In this thread ttp://

her comments are dates Oct.6th and she is siding with him.

Same in this thread ttp://

in her comment dated Oct.9th

But in this thread ttp://

comment 10, where somebody wrote TH flirted with her friend at BIFA last year, MissThing comment, dated Oct. 10th was

[quote] Oh you guys have no idea…

After 2 days, she decides to write about how she changed her opinion of him. TH was in Sydney on Oct 10th, for her post to be true she is Australian or at least she was in Sydney, but she doesn't work in the business because in a previous thread she wrote that talking to him could only happen in her fantasy world.

Scorned fan?

by Anonymousreply 24210/12/2013

R239 LOL "we would have heard of it". Such a simple, simple, privileged mind.

by Anonymousreply 24310/12/2013

Well no, we would not necessarily have heard of it before now, though we have had plenty of rumors.I have no trouble believing that TH is a complete and utter douchbag. People don't get ahead in this business by being nice. His charming and polite veneer has always struck me as fake and entirely about publicity.

I also have no trouble believing that he is very good at managing his image and controlling what gets spilled. It's not that difficult: all you have to do is make sure there is a substantial power imbalance, so that if a person spills tea, he/she will get more splashed and be made to look more ridiculous than you. This silences people all of the time. Some people in power really like to test just how far they can push this.

by Anonymousreply 24410/12/2013

R234 I wonder if the one posting is a friend of JA

also R236 , Janine, seriously? Oh Lord, if that is who I think it is and she's using her real name and lives in the NW3 postcode, then I might believe the tea because I know her personally. Acquaintance wise. I don't want to say how we met because she might not want the info out there

by Anonymousreply 24510/12/2013

Janine claims she saw the infamous weekend hookup with her own eyes. She also claims she has never posted on DL.

MissThing has been posting on CB's Hiddleston threads for a long time. I vaguely remember her meeting him or her colleagues did at a party? She works in PR or her friend does? Trolling from both of them most likely.

by Anonymousreply 24610/12/2013

It's so interesting how his stans see him. He sold them an educated, polite, English gentleman, complete with a humble, caring, interested-in-them persona. LOL- that could not be further from the truth. What is his professional training? He pretends for his job- an actor. What was his upbringing? Wealthy, upper-class English. Privileged beyond belief. And they think he CARES about THEM? About the poor in Africa? He does all that to sell movie tickets. He cares about himself, as do all actors. Those sad people fall for it without question. They'd sell their souls for the content of their porn fiction about him as Loki to be reality. They refuse to acknowledge ANYTHING that blurs that perfect image of a perfect man.

Well played, Mr. Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 24710/12/2013

The only way this guy is fundamentally different from every photo,interview or appearance we've ever seen is if he's a sociopath.

Some might have gotten offended,bothered and whatnot by him and now claim he's the top asshole to walk this earth but I think in the case of people with unbruised egos, he doesn't come off as such a drastic ass.

Like I said, he cannot be that different unless he's psycho. He may not be rainbows and unicorns all the time but I have a very hard time believing he's the complete and utter opposite

by Anonymousreply 24810/12/2013

R246 Like I said, the choice of name, "Janine" is either a very funny coincidence or not a coincidence at all. Because I know a Janine who runs into TH on a more or less regular basis because.

by Anonymousreply 24910/12/2013

R244 when I said "we would have heard of it" I was referring to the idea of him harassing somebody.

by Anonymousreply 25010/12/2013

My thoughts exactly r248. Sociopath.

BUt maybe that's because I was watching The Canyons when I read it?

Anyway, Miss Thing has claimed an industry connection to him before. She was hoping to meet him through her boss, if I recall correctly.

Still, the troll and run shit makes her story suspect.

Janine, on the other hand, clearly posted here.

by Anonymousreply 25110/12/2013

Cumberbatch did a reddit Q&A thing and while I'm not one to invade threads with BC, this one was a monumental answer

"[–]HollyBoBolly Mr. Cumberbatch, I asked Mr. Hiddleston this question when he did a Q&A on Twitter: Can you feel the love tonight? He was unable to respond, but I'm hoping you will.

[–]_BenedictCumberbatchBenedict Cumberbatch[S] I'm feeling it right now. Leave me alone."

by Anonymousreply 25210/12/2013

R246 and R251, so MissThing had the connection but she has never met him before, or she claimed she has already? Because I read her comments as mentioned in R242 post, and going by those, she didn't sound like she did until couple of days ago.

by Anonymousreply 25310/12/2013

YES. That is how Q&A's are done. Not some rehearsed and safe BS. Honestly, the fact that he can actually take the time to be his sarcastic and blunt self makes him more appealing.

Now TH, his myspace shows that he definitely has a wild side and this whole thing is partly an act. His new agent basically neutered him.

by Anonymousreply 25510/12/2013

Cumberbatch Q&A was great. I wasn't expecting him to answer the fandom type of questions but it was v funny Do you, Matt smith, and Tom Hiddleton have cheek bone polishing parties?

We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet.

I can't imagine Luke allowing such things.

by Anonymousreply 25610/12/2013

On CB after so many called BS, Miss Thing has gone quiet. I call BS too. Read between the lines, sounds like she made a pass at him, and got blown off and not politely, now she is the 'woman scorned'. Janine is the troll who loves attention and name dropping and TH sightings no doubt leave her all tingly. Using her 'real' name just shows desperation and screams look at me I am in the know! LOL Sure we all want 'tea' and the trolls, the damaged ones, delight in stirring the shit pot, and will gladly oblige. My Nana always said those who stir the pot should have to lick the spoon. Good bye to this thread, because whomever keeps tabs on it will shut it down.

by Anonymousreply 25710/12/2013

Since I don't want another thread deleted, until further news appear, let's go back to the Thor2 promotion turned in a one man show. I mean, I get TH won't be able to attend première in Asia and Australia later one because of Coriolanus, but they could have sent somebody else from the cast with him.

Found this pic, have a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 25810/12/2013

R255 Wasn't his agent,because his agent is a very cool human being.

It was good the good ol publicist who has some antiquated notion on how people can increase their fame

by Anonymousreply 25910/12/2013

Also found this quote. Apparently he cries for every single movie he watches.

by Anonymousreply 26010/12/2013

R258 Wonder if it's a publicist approved picture, or if he had to hear a lecture about keeping an educated face in public. As far as publicists go, his guy is really disappointing.

BC also has one,but I bet his is much more experienced and realizes that being your whatever self you are is a much better option than maintaining a scripted image. Also less tiring

by Anonymousreply 26110/12/2013

I have read Miss Thing's comments on TH threads to before. And I remember one that she posted on the thread when they were talking about his new "girlfriend" when the news broke. Miss Thing said "she really wanted the job" of being Tom's girlfriend that is. If she met Tom it would have to had been in the past couple of days because she has said before about wishing to meet him. So how did all this go down? He has been doing his press tour. I don't see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 26210/12/2013

R186 R187 R215 R257 ex-hiddlestan. Did you get scorned too?

by Anonymousreply 26310/12/2013

Eww he looks so old at R258. His publicist doesn't look that experienced and his biggest client is Emma Watson who definitely has been in the industry longer than him. I don't know why TH continues using him.

by Anonymousreply 26410/12/2013

His publicist is not a singular entity on his own, he works for a firm called Public Eye and they also work with people like Douglas Booth, Gillian Anderson, Harry Lloyd, Nick Frost, Hugh Laurie, Suki Waterhouse, Toby Jones, Tom Sturridge.. so they're not utter rubbish. They probably have a good relationship with his UK agency as I know Hugh Laurie & Nick Frost are also with Hamilton Hodell.

by Anonymousreply 26510/12/2013

Then maybe it's him.

by Anonymousreply 26610/12/2013

R262 In her own words, she's been "trying to throw her vagina" at him for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 26710/12/2013

Hamilton Hodell shouldn't be questioned at all because they're pros at what they do,it's just a mystery why he keeps the publicist that he has. If it is indeed true and he started those Jessica Chastain rumors back in whenever it was, he's more unprofessional than previously assumed

by Anonymousreply 26810/12/2013

R258 It was taken at the meeting with fans in Sydney, Kinokuniya bookshop. So it was him posing for a fan.

by Anonymousreply 26910/12/2013

That was meant for R261

by Anonymousreply 27010/12/2013

R267 It seems like she had these high expectations of TH and when he didn't live up to them, he is now an 'a**hole' because of it. Never have high expections of someone. It only leads to heartbreak.

by Anonymousreply 27110/12/2013

In the meantime, TH visited the Great Wall.

by Anonymousreply 27210/12/2013

His fans on tumblr are ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 27310/12/2013

So I took my time and read previous entries of this MissThing on CB (damn, I need to get a life), where she says: she’s a fan; she’s on tumblr and follows his thread; she’s an American, living in America; mentions, numerously, that she sees his flaws (fame whoring, attention seeking, etc.) but still would like to fuck him senseless. BTW, she said that if she did, she would shout about it from the rooftops, LOL. Also that she never met him but would like to. Didn’t see her mentioning that she had a professional connection; ladies on CB made that conclusion for some reason.

Her latest entries, on Oct 9 “…If I ever get to talk to him (in my fantasy world), I’ll ask about the damn fur ok?”; Oct 10, at 12:02 am “Oh you guys have no idea…” re: his hitting on women; Oct 10, at 2:18 am “Oh TommyAnnE… Sadly, despite everything yes I would still hit it. And I am ashamed.” And then today he is “damaged goods”, “asshole”, etc.

So what changed? She went to Sydney or Beijing and met him IRL a day or two ago? And he showed her his true face at once and then asked not to tell anyone? IDK, I’m calling it BS until proven otherwise. Probably just a scorned fan and a troll. Maybe he didn’t follow her on Twitter or smth.

by Anonymousreply 27410/12/2013

R273 He sings it in the shower? What? Why does anyone even know that...

by Anonymousreply 27510/12/2013

Also, if I were to sing Poison in the shower, does it imply criminal tendencies? Or just a secret shoutout to them?

by Anonymousreply 27610/12/2013

In the Chinese micro blog Q&A, someone asked Tom what's his favorite song to sing when he takes a shower. He answered that right now he likes to sing 'I need my girl' by The National. Sounds like something is up.

by Anonymousreply 27710/12/2013

He said that today on on-line Q&A. What did you expect from his fans? Puberty age. TH exploits their age and dreams.

BTW he also said that one of his weaknesses is that he hates confrontations. “ I do not like conflict and sometimes will not tell the truth in order to avoid conflict”. It’s very telling.

by Anonymousreply 27810/12/2013

R277 Or he just needs "a girl". Got to keep up that manwhore image. Lol

by Anonymousreply 27910/12/2013

R276 I know, right. Maybe he just like the damn song.

Full Q&A here

by Anonymousreply 28010/12/2013

R274tThe trolling fangirl is strong in that one

by Anonymousreply 28110/12/2013

R277 & R279 I remember he tweeted about Mumford & Sons "I will wait" last year, look into that what you will.

R278 that quote is very telling.

by Anonymousreply 28210/12/2013

new from Miss Thing..LOL.. MissThing...I think it says it all.. October 12, 2013 at 3:09 pm Ok. Guys… Time zone issues.

No rape implied or any of that nonsense. I am not Jane Arthy. I am someone who has had a few conversations with him and there are times when he can be very nice and times when he is a veritable asshole. I just get tired of people gushing on how wonderful of a person they think he is. He is a flawed human like the rest of us and he has a lot of emotional issues and baggage. I guess my point earlier was made out of frustration more than anything else.

He is a decent person… When he wants to be. All I was saying is that he is not necessarily to pushover, submissive wuss some people around here think he is and he sure as hell isn’t all sunshine and roses. When I see fans gushing over how gentlemanly and authentic he is, it just makes me cringe. Like any actor fantasize all you like, just be aware that the real deal is not someone you’d want for anything other a quick tumble in the hay. Lucky for most of you out there, if you have a pulse and are not ugly, you have a good shot at it.

by Anonymousreply 28310/12/2013

He tweets a lot of love (boring) songs

by Anonymousreply 28410/12/2013

R278 Yeah, I already knew that about him. That is one reason why he never seems to call out on when one of his GF or lady friends get abuse on social media.

by Anonymousreply 28510/12/2013

"if you have a pulse and are not ugly, you have a good shot at it." stay classy Thomas, stay classy.

by Anonymousreply 28610/12/2013

How does she know this if she has never met him? Need clarification/receipts.

Otherwise it's believable. We all know he uses his fame/empty charming gentleman persona to get girls into bed and he sure as hell isn't a rainbow unicorn because no one is.

by Anonymousreply 28710/12/2013

R286 Haha, oh I like you!

R283 I think nobody here assumed he's the fairy tale he's made out to be. And everyone has off days,but they probably won't have them on camera for people ( read fangirls) to see.

As for being the proud owner of a pulse and a chance, I think we already assumed that that was the case here. His selection criteria didn't seem to be too many or too harsh. But please add that you need to be over the age of 18 at least or you will hear the collective sound of underage fangirls rejoicing

by Anonymousreply 28810/12/2013

R283 How is that "a cauldron of tea" LOL So he has off days. Big deal. I thought it was going to be something eye opening.

by Anonymousreply 28910/12/2013

R286 I laughed out loud at that comment. LOL

by Anonymousreply 29010/12/2013

I did not say that, was re-posting from CB ,Miss Things posts from there and her claims about TH. Apologies if you got confused.

by Anonymousreply 29110/12/2013

R289 They're pointing out he's not the perfect man his stans seem to think he is, that this gentleman image that is reflected in his interviews etc. is, to all intents and purposes, an act. I'm getting the impression that only the positive side of his personality is being put on show.

Not surprising to the rest of us, but a big blow to a number of his stans. Honestly some of them don't want to hear anything negative about him.

by Anonymousreply 29210/12/2013

So first she has a cauldron full of tea and then it all comes down to her claiming she had a few conversations with him (in the last 2 days obviously, since she has never met him before) and that what she wrote before was out of frustration at his fans for thinking is always a happy, spineless wuss, while instead he can have a bad day or a bit of a temper. If anything, the fact he might have some backbone is a relief, not tea.

by Anonymousreply 29310/12/2013

He has mentioned a couple of times that his favorite movie line is from Heat. 'All I am is what I'm going after.' This sums him up well, saying anything and sucking up to get what he wants. Very telling.

by Anonymousreply 29410/12/2013

R292 TH stans are obsessed with the image in their head that will go on believing it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 29510/12/2013

No wonder the women are in hot pursuit.

by Anonymousreply 29610/12/2013

From what I've gathered was that she claims she has never met him,until very recently, she is american, not chinese or australian, and now she has had a few conversations with him already?

Not to mention she is just stating the obvious.

I'd assume she was bored one day or she is insane and jumped on the first flight to either China or Australia and had these several conversations over the past days.

by Anonymousreply 29710/12/2013

Link to that r278?

Anyway, her previous posts make her sound like a jilted fangirl.

Maybe he didn't turn her down politely?

by Anonymousreply 29810/12/2013

Although that "Ok. Guys… Time zone issues"

Is she really insane and changed continent that fast? I still think having several conversations in the time of 2 days is a bit of a stretch

by Anonymousreply 29910/12/2013

R295 Exactly. I posted this on the other thread (which disappeared) so I'm going to say it again here: he's a human being, and makes mistakes and has his issues like the rest of us. His stans -especially the younger ones - will be in for a shock if any real juice comes out about him.

by Anonymousreply 30010/12/2013

R292 EXACTLY. His fans have bought this perfect-English-gentleman-who-speaks-poetry-in-6-languages image. "Perfect" is a word they use often when gushing about him- because THAT is the image he has cultivated for himself. Unfortunately, he appears to be what he seems to be- add old money/privilege + Old Etonian + needy, self-absorbed actor- and you get who this guy really is. Miss Thing's words are not surprising to most people who even know who he is. THAT is who he is. This perfect, polite, interested character is just that- a carefully crafted mask for the fangurls. And he loves it. I'm mildly sorry that most of them believe he has even a whisper of interest in them. He doesn't. THAT is what Miss Thing was saying, which most of us knew already.

by Anonymousreply 30110/12/2013

I just like that those stans think that he was ashamed with himself when he was checking out that interviewer. No, he was fucking proud of it. He probably thought it was going to get cut but the producers saw an opportunity and they took it.

by Anonymousreply 30210/12/2013

I don't think any adult with two working brain cells really believes that Hiddleston IS the image he projects. Sure he hooks up and based on his redacted MySpace account he can be pervy.

But good for him for being nice to fans whether at a promotional event or just out in public. Some actors/celebrities are notorious a**hats as are some fans.

by Anonymousreply 30310/12/2013

R298, try this link. There are two parts.

by Anonymousreply 30410/12/2013

R301 And he doesn't speak 6 languages FFS! He does have a good ear, I'll give him that. He appears to have conversational French, Spanish, and maybe some Italian. Honestly, in Europe this is not unusual - well educated Brits can speak several languages, particularly if they've had the high level of education he's had.

It mentioned in the GQ interview he studied Greek and Latin at school - but as they're both dead languages you're said to "read", not speak them. He studied Classics at Cambridge so obviously learnt Greek tragedies and can still recite them.

He is obviously good at languages, music to a certain extent, and a great dancer, and he is a born performer. But these things do not make him perfect.

by Anonymousreply 30510/12/2013

This fantasy if him being sweet and romantic and falling in love with them is absurd. He will merely whisper a few sweet words and bang you and leave. But fall in love and marry you. No.

by Anonymousreply 30610/12/2013

Exactly this R305! This idea annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 30710/12/2013

Whose favourite flower is Bougainvillea? Fucking Bougainvillea? By the way he only has conversational French and basic Spanish, not fluent in either of them but he has a good ear so has decent accents in both, definitely doesn't speak Italian. Ancient Greek & Latin are academic languages so unless somebody invents a time machine soon Thomas is bilingual at most.

by Anonymousreply 30810/12/2013

His French is not bad, but not perfect. From what I saw on TV his Spanish is almost non-existent, some remnants from school years. He knows Latin and ancient Greek, but they’re both dead. So basically he speaks only French. I think, he exaggerates a bit when he says he “speaks European languages”.

by Anonymousreply 30910/12/2013

R309 He appears to have a tendency to exaggerate, and for that reason I'm not believing the hype of his pr any more.

by Anonymousreply 31010/12/2013

R308 I think he was just showing off that he could spell Bougainvillea.

by Anonymousreply 31110/12/2013

R311 I have bougainvillea all over my balcony and I don't know how to spell it, be proud Thomas you are clearly ahead of us in the evolutionary process.

by Anonymousreply 31210/12/2013

R308 Have you met him by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 31310/12/2013

R313 The man himself said he couldn't speak any Italian other "volare ooo cantare oooo" several times at premiers and I heard him speak both french and spanish before he started telling everyone he could speak "european languages". No I have not met him. I just find it irritating that he readily jumped on the label multilingual when he clearly isn't and said so himself before fame got to his head.

by Anonymousreply 31410/12/2013

that will be *other than*

by Anonymousreply 31510/12/2013

We'll get a better chance to see what Hiddleston's made of when National Theatre Live starts taking his "Coriolanus" on world tour next winter. The National Theatre Live's showings of "Frankenstein" are what really made Cumbermania happen, at least in the U.S. I saw both versions of "Frankenstein" back to back the summer before last with audiences packed with thrilled young women in Sherlock-looped scarves. They were clearly all ready to squee over Sherlock on the big screen, but what they got was a double-barrelled bravura performance by a first-rate actor in a highly sophisticated but very accessible vehicle. Me, I'm just trusting that Hiddleston's Coriolanus will turn out more on the level of Alan Howard's (yay) rather than Ralph Fiennes' (bleah.)

by Anonymousreply 31610/12/2013

Hi Guys! Classics major here!

Yes I have majored in Classics, Latin and Greek, at an Ivy League school. It was enormous fun, but let's get some perspective here: unless you are someone who cannot imagine ever learning another language, it is not rocket science.

People especially tend to be overly impressed with Greek because (OMG!) it's a different alphabet, but that takes only a couple of days to learn. It's actually not a difficult language. Majoring in Classics really is no different from being an English major.

Here's my evaluation of TH's command on languages, based upon what I have actually heard:

French: High school level. Clearly he took French at Eton. Conversational, not bad, but far, far from proficient.

Spanish: Really lame. a bit better than courtesy level, but not much. The interview I saw where he spoke Spanish was filled with mistakes, but let's face it, people tend to be very generous if you make any effort to learn their language.

Italian: he memorized some phrases from a guidebook and mispronounced a lot. Courtesy level.

Chinese: Memorized a couple of basic phrases. Not even courtesy level. But once again, in a place like China, even the effort to learn how to say "hello" will be given a lot of credit.

In other words: no children, he is not multi-lingual. Far from it. Yes, he is very willing to let people give him credit for being so. I saw an interview where the reporter fawned all over him "Wow, you are well known for being incredibly smart, aren't you?" and I found him to be embarrassing.

Smart? My closest friend from college has an MD and a Ph.D in biochemistry and has done groundbreaking research in AIDS. That, AND she's actually fluent in four languages (meaning she can study medicine and follow research in those languages). THAT is smart.

TH is just a pretentious twit.

by Anonymousreply 31710/12/2013

Regarding Miss Thing on CB:

I have no idea what her contact has actually been. I guess she could just be a bitter ex-fan. It is also possible that she met him and was shocked as what a silly asshole he actually was. Who knows? She could have a lot of tea to spill, an interesting story to tell, but if everyone jumps all over her and calls her names and assumes the worst, why would she want to take it further?

What sticks with me is that he sounds like a jerk who cannot keep anything in his pants and feels entitled to whatever he wants: "If you have a pulse and you're not ugly, your chances are good." That sounds like asshole to me, and I speak as someone who has had plenty of fuck buddies.

by Anonymousreply 31810/12/2013

The problem is MissThing has posted plenty of times before and barely alluded to any assholery before, so why suddenly bring it up now with so much vitriol and certainty?

We've seen so many people swoop in and say they have amazing world changing tea to spill but they can't tell anyone because their 'friend' will be upset. And people are smarter about it now, so you'll have to give more than that if you want to be believed. Personal details about yourself are not necessary but being vague will just make people think you're a troll from here.

by Anonymousreply 31910/12/2013

The "if you have a pulse and you're not ugly, your chances are good" was a statement made by MissThang over on CB, not something that TH actually said. MissThang's credibility has been pretty much shot down now anyway, so I wouldn't base any of judgements on what she's said.

by Anonymousreply 32010/12/2013

"The problem is MissThing has posted plenty of times before and barely alluded to any assholery before, so why suddenly bring it up now with so much vitriol and certainty?"

A: She finally met him. He rejected her and she is out for revenge. Revenge!

B: She finally met him. He didn't reject her, but was a total jerk, and it was really clear he would sleep with anyone who was available.

Anything is possible. Most likely a combination of both. I am fully capable of believing that he is a jerk with women and feels highly entitled to get off at everyone's else's expense, mainly because this kind of assholery is so common is show biz. So much so, I am always surprised when anyone expects anything to be different.

In other words, I have no problem believing that she was a horny and starry-eyed fan expecting the wrong things. I also have no problem believing that he was a total creep to her and to others. She might be flawed, but this does not prove that she is lying.

by Anonymousreply 32110/12/2013

Now she came on CB and recanted. Admitting she is a bitter fan girl and troll. I smell her setting bait to see who bites. By admitting she is a fake, and pulling back so quickly, some may think she has the real goods. Clever little girl. Typical troll. TH could be an a hole, he could be a player, he could just be a spoiled little rich boy. Whatever he is, his latest comments about young fans and lying make me wonder what else will jump out of his well bred mouth.

by Anonymousreply 32210/12/2013

R322 Something tells me you didn't catch the sarcasm that was as clear as day in her comment.

by Anonymousreply 32310/12/2013

R322 That was sarcastic. But if she isn't going to say more then it's fair to give her a troll label since she hasn't clarified anything and it doesn't add up.

by Anonymousreply 32410/12/2013

I went and looked. And yeah, I agree, she is being sarcastic and is probably just tired of the fangirls who are pissing all over her and accusing her of acting in bad faith.

For those who are wondering why people who have tea to spill keep it to themselves instead of spilling it, look no farther than this.

by Anonymousreply 32510/12/2013

I hope the movie is good and true to the old Walt Simonson story that it is based on. Malekith and Algrim/Kurse are fucking BADass villains and I hope they don't get their sharp edges dulled down.

by Anonymousreply 32610/12/2013

Her description of him actually describes a lot of male actors.

by Anonymousreply 32710/12/2013

If I had tea I really wanted to spill, or a good reason to make it known that someone was a jerk/womanizer/whatever, I would just do it regardless of the reaction I got. Not tease people with "hey I have soooo much good dirt on this guy" and then wait until everyone starts getting pissy and then tell them to forget it.

by Anonymousreply 32810/12/2013

Nothing adds up though, unless she lives in Australia/China and met him how would she have changed her opinion in two days?

Either her dreams came true and she slept with him but he was an asshole about it. That's the only plausible explanation. The true definition of a fangirl scorned.

Only problem in the past she has stated how unlikely it would be for her to meet what the hell has happened in the last week?

by Anonymousreply 32910/12/2013

She doesn't have any dirt. *sigh* I like good tea but this isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 33010/12/2013

R265 stop being naive and look at the website. Each publicist is assigned a number of celebs to work on. Hence Luke is solely responsible for TH.

by Anonymousreply 33110/12/2013

Who fucking wears that type of shirt to climb the Great Wall? And yeah I totally believe your favourite Chinese film is 花樣年華. I totally believe you have watched enough Chinese films to form an educated opinion on which is your favourite. Fuck your pandering, you're just appearing faker and faker.

by Anonymousreply 33210/12/2013

Carefully researched with Luke, rehearsed and fake through and through, answered via cut and paste. But this is a PR tour remember.

If he were really smart, he might have figured out that naming a film made in Hong Kong might not make the best impression on fans from mainland China. If he were really knowledgable of Chinese film, he might have mentioned 霸王別姬m the only Chinese film to win the Palme d'Or.

Climbing the Great Wall is no great shakes.

This man is a total douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 33310/12/2013

R333 lbr he just wants to suck up to Wong Kar Wai to make his next film.

by Anonymousreply 33410/12/2013

Luke manages several people for Public Eye, not just TH, though it is clear that TH is one of their major clients. TH pays for this, btw.

One of Luke's main draws is that GQ is one of his major clients. This is the only reason someone as lacking in style as TH could ever do a GQ spread. It also speaks volumes about TH's priorities. Getting into the fashion magazines, and positioning himself for endorsements is clearly one of his primary goals. There is very, very big money in this. No endorsements yet, but you had better believe he is pushing for this.

No9thing that comes from TH is real. It is all PR.

by Anonymousreply 33510/12/2013

R334, Bingo.

Anytime TH praises a film director, you can assume he is sucking up. He floundered with Michael Mann. Over and over he raved about Heat, The Last of the Mohicans... and he still got passed over for Cyber. Poor little sausage.

by Anonymousreply 33610/12/2013

R335 yeah I was responding to someone who said that Luke isn't the only one responsible for TH's PR but since Luke is the only publicist assigned to TH, he's the only one in Public Eye who's responsible for TH.

by Anonymousreply 33710/12/2013

Does he get his Armani suits for free? He seems to have a deal with them.

I absolutely agree he is trying to get himself in a campaign like Eddie Redmayne did Burberry, this tiny little tour is just an exercise in trying to prove Hiddleston is marketable in big markets like China. Nobody is forcing him to do those wet shirt in a bath photoshoots. He's keen to establisah himself as a model, that much is clear.

by Anonymousreply 33810/12/2013

R337 Sorry, I misunderstood.

He is a dreadful model. That GQ shoot is just ugly. And yes, I agree, the China tour is not about Thor, it is all about him. He is milking this machine for all it is worth.

Free stuff comes through the publicists, and some of them push for it. I am sure TH is greedy for the swag. So much for living below the line.

by Anonymousreply 33910/12/2013

I wouldn't mind seeing him in a campaign. But that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 34010/12/2013

He loves the swag. There have been plenty of pictures of him leaving award shows with bags of freebies, and nearly all of his everyday clothes are Armani, presumably free. You never see him in anything that's not designer gear. Even his thin bad quality t-shirts are Armani.

Imagine how many poor Syrian children could be fed/dressed if he sold off that gear and gave it to his favourite charity, the charity he would do anything to support with his noble golden heart.

by Anonymousreply 34110/12/2013

[quote] Loki is the only thing he is really known for. In everything else he has done, he has been fair to middling at best.

Loki was fair to middling too if you are talking about performance. It was a cool, showy role in a genre where fandom tends to be particularly passionate, but I didn't see him actually bringing anything special to the role. His narrow face, lean body and sharp features suited the part, but his actual performance was just competent in my opinion. I was expecting something more considering all the mania around him and the character and was underwhelmed when I got around to seeing Thor. I went on to watch The Avengers because I thought maybe he did a more impressive job there and I just hadn't yet seen the material that had so excited his fans.

It looks like a much different situation than, say, Andrew Scott blowing up with the Moriarty role in Sherlock. That was a fabulous role, but Andrew also brought a lot to it himself as well as impressing with the very well executed switch to an alter ego. He was convincing, inventive with the part and really put a personal stamp on it.

Tom's greatest asset seems to be his publicity and people pleasing skills, but he should watch out about over exposing himself. If he reads stuff about himself online as much as some people here have claimed he should beware that too - backlash hits hard on stars who are buying their own hype and are over connected with public response.

by Anonymousreply 34210/13/2013

To be fair, a few months ago he mentioned In The Mood For Love in a list of his 10 favourite love movies.

by Anonymousreply 34310/13/2013

Look at this crazy fan LMAO

by Anonymousreply 34410/13/2013

The Q&A on Weibo was more fun and interesting than the one on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 34510/13/2013

R344 I didn't get how her dinner is related to TH.

by Anonymousreply 34610/13/2013

R342 did you happen to watch the deleted scenes from the Thor movie. They cut out a lot of Loki's character development in the actual movie imo.

by Anonymousreply 34710/13/2013

People going nuts over him being able to speak Chinese are fucking crazy. For people who are seriously learning Chinese (Mandarin and other dialects), it takes us years and years to be fluent. TH doesn't speak that many languages fluently. Maybe English and French and those classic ones he learnt in his posh school and uni. But not his Chinese. That line he said was horrible and not really even understandable with his heavy-ass English accent all over it. That isn't something to fawn over.

by Anonymousreply 34810/13/2013

R346 Outback = Australia; Panda Express = China; and TH is going to Korea next.

by Anonymousreply 34910/13/2013

R349 Oh. Dear god.. I don't know what I'd do if I had a child this stupid.

by Anonymousreply 35010/13/2013

R350 That is not a child. I think she is a middle aged housewife.

by Anonymousreply 35110/13/2013

R343 then he should say "one of my top ten films I've ever watched is 花樣年華". That scores him points with the generally ignorant stans too (yes even his China stans, they're not that different from stans in the US and elsewhere, they won't care that it's a Hong Kong film, other mainland Chinese people might though and see through him immediately). TH is educated, but so, so eager to please, that he's appearing so desperate.

by Anonymousreply 35210/13/2013

I'd just to take a moment to giggle that someone asked him about his skincare routine in that Q&A. If it was a sarcastic question, then kudos, but if not...who asks that?

by Anonymousreply 35310/13/2013

God, the more I learn about this guy the more I dislike him.

R342 You are right. Only people who care about Loki are fangirls who love any charter like that - emo bad boy with decent looks. TH never received much praise for Loki. Comicbook/geek community doesn't really care and critics didn't go nuts over him either. Compare him to actors who have actually won the love of those two groups: Heath Ledger, Ian McKellen, Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy. Even Cumberbatch as Khan, a role that was much less complex than Loki got more attention and acclaim.

Basically, it's always telling when an actor only has fans from opposite gender. Pretty good sign their appeal isn't in their talent.

As for the other stuff? Fake, fake, fake. He cares so much about charity and yet only does it when it gives him good PR. He's multilingual except not. He constantly brings up his posh education and then whines about media being obsessed about it. He pretends to be so smart and philosophical but all he ever does is quote others - has a single original thought or genuine opinion ever come out of his mouth?? He sells himself as a style icon although one look at his style before he got Armani deal or whatever shows he has no style whatsoever. He talks about not being after fame in fame-whoring interviews. He kisses the buttocks of everyone who could help him with his career. He acts like he's a huge film star while nobody on the street would recognize him and he barely even works!

You know, I used to be pretty meh about Hiddleston. But now I'm starting to develop a sort of morbid fascination towards him. He really is something isn't he? Fun to see if his ass kissing ways will ever get him into the true stardom he so DESPERATELY wants.

by Anonymousreply 35410/13/2013

This whole speaking a line in the language of the country you're in is really funny in terms of people buying it. I know a singer who used to always have semi convos with his fans during gigs, in every single native language of the country he was in and people started assuming the dude speaks all the languages of the earth.

Truth was, his earpiece was actually connected to someone backstage who would tell him what to say and what to answer and because he had a good ear,he could repeat it perfectly.

I just think that sometimes people exaggerate about how many languages they speak or assume someone speaks

by Anonymousreply 35510/13/2013

He is giving piggyback rides again.

by Anonymousreply 35710/13/2013

R354 He never brings up his posh education and whines about it. I think you are getting that confused with Cumberbatch. Just because the majority of TH fans are female doesn't mean that they can't see someone with talent. Cumberbatchs' fans are mostly female and he has talent. TH just not has had much of a chance to really test his acting chops. He still hasn't been in this business for long. I thought Tom Hardy's Bane was pretty forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 35810/13/2013

R358tI find Tom Hardy generally forgettable. Maybe I even erase him from memory on purpose. Now that guy is a peasant

by Anonymousreply 35910/13/2013

R358 He used to bring up his education all the time. And regularly whined about how he was defined (and judged) by it. Then he got Luke Windsor on board and all that was erased away in favour of modelling, arse-kissing fellow actors and directors, and fanboying about Shakespeare.

Presumably, the early TH is the real one and the current TH is the PR production. He may have changed his views, of course, but that seems less likely.

by Anonymousreply 36010/13/2013

R353 and needless to say, that cream is awful in composition.

by Anonymousreply 36110/13/2013

What about his answer here

[quote] KarenRonaldo : Have you ever thought of becoming a director yourself? TH: Of course! This will be soon realized !

by Anonymousreply 36210/13/2013

R354 From an April 2012 The Telegraph interview: "I was meeting LOTS of casting directors and you'd feel the atmosphere change in the room when I said where I went to school."

"It's [Eton] actually one of the most broad-minded places I've ever been." Of course it is, Tom.

I believe he has had MANY opportunities to "test his acting chops." He has just come up short. He didn't start acting last year. He's just not that good- his range is limited. Posh people with upper-class problems is what he does. That, and Loki- who is just that- a god with daddy issues. Dull, forgettable.

Does he have any films of note coming out next year? Besides a cameo in the Muppets and the Tinkerbell thing? All I saw him do in 2013 was make appearances everywhere, do fashion shoots, and talk about Loki (and himself). Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 36310/13/2013

Well he got what he wanted today. Crowds of adoring fans greeting him at the airport.

by Anonymousreply 36410/13/2013

Only Lovers Left Alive is not coming out until next spring, so he can say he has a film coming out in 2014. And grab more press opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 36510/13/2013

sorry- I meant R358

by Anonymousreply 36610/13/2013

OLLA is an indie movie, in most country it won't even reach the cinema.

by Anonymousreply 36710/13/2013

R361 That would explain the less than sparkling state of his skin. I would have just assumed he uses nothing by the looks of it

by Anonymousreply 36810/13/2013

photos of his arrival in Korea ttps://

And another pic of him at the Great Wall

by Anonymousreply 36910/13/2013

Video interview in China

[quote] “I think imperfection is perfect, in a way, because I don’t think anyone is perfect. “Nobody’s perfect” is that phrase. I think it’s human to be flawed and I think if you.. if anyone was perfect they might be like a machine. And I think in a way it’s our vulnerability that keeps us connected, and let me tell you, I’m very far from perfect [laughs] I have to wake up in the morning and look myself in the mirror and you know… But I do think, you know, as an ideal, it’s a wonderful thing to strive in life to be the best you can be, and to really strive to be the best version of yourself. I believe very strongly in kindness, in good manners, in treating people with equanimity and a sense of humour and all those things. I’m a very optimistic person. So I’m not perfect, but I’m trying to be.”

by Anonymousreply 37010/13/2013

R369 Oh god, now the media is going to spin it in a way that gushes how ~popular~ TH is since many people waited at the airport for him. When truth is this is just a thing in Korea. Just look at all the Kpop "idols" and their airport pictures. It's a thing they do regardless of who the person is. A vaguely known actor/singer is arriving/departing? To the airport! It's yet again another PR opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 37110/13/2013

R371 not just in Korea, all over Asia. Generally Asian record companies go as far as announcing on their sites the exact time a band will arrive at the airport so fans will be there (and to hell security). I Imagine they do the same for actors.

by Anonymousreply 37210/13/2013

R357 Oh great, it's becoming a habit. Quick, some morbidly obese fangirl ask for it the next time he shows up! He wouldn't dare to say no and I'm sure someone would capture it on video.

R358 As R360 said, he does bring it up. He did it pretty recently when he was being interviewed about Loki - it had a strong vibe of "oh sure I played a comic book character but let's not forget I'm a classically trained actor here!" He also does it indirectly by bringing up Shakespeare when it's completely irrelevant (again, to remind what he has been schooled in) and by pretentiously flaunting his knowledge (like that nerd hq thing where he started speaking french when probably nobody in the room could understand - completely unnecessary and patronizing).

And he has whined about how people focus too much on his background and how posh people get stereotyped - poor rich folks who have to face so much prejudice.

Cumberbatch might be a completely stuck up, privileged twit but the difference is that at least he has some spine and says what he thinks. I don't like him but I can at least respect that. With TH, his spinelessness makes it impossible to do that.

And Cumberbatch gets plenty of hype from men too, male reviewers and male movie goers recognize his talent. Hiddles is all about sex appeal - as an actor, he is mediocre and would never had gotten as far without connections.

R359 Oh I never cared for Hardy and TDKR was a snore fest but the geek crowd liked him for some reason. Thor was not well received among geeks and Hiddlestons Loki is too different from the original for comic fans to like it.

by Anonymousreply 37310/13/2013

R369 Dude has long arms

by Anonymousreply 37410/13/2013

Seriously,who is putting on that awful foundation on him? It absolutely always looks patchy and too orange, not to mention the neck and face seem like two different entities.

If it's a make-up artist doing it, it's very sad. Someone should realize his face doesn't like that kind of foundation

by Anonymousreply 37510/13/2013

R369 how happy the poor bastard looks.. this makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 37610/13/2013

So this is going to be a thing now?

by Anonymousreply 37710/13/2013

R375 it's not foundation, it's his skin. It might look more orange&yellow in some pics than in others depending on the flashes and cameras used, since every camera is different. The same happens with his eyes, in some photos they look green in others very blue. But he needs to change facial cream.

by Anonymousreply 37810/13/2013

First in Sydney, then in Beijing, next I'm waiting for the picture of a Korean getting a piggyback ride. We know it's inevitable. But lbr Luke is off-screen foaming at the mouth wishing it was him who's getting the piggyback ride instead.

by Anonymousreply 37910/13/2013

R373 Yep. And all his creepy fans talk about is banging the guy. I mean, endlessly. It's not, "Wow, he was memorably talented in Wallander and The Deep Blue Sea." It's "I wanna have sex with Loki on Odin's throne, wanna have a threesome with Loki and Tony Stark, wanna tie up Loki and ride him- wearing the horny helmet, wanna kneel in front of him, wanna make him kneel in front of me, I'd hit Loki like a screen door in a hurricane, Loki is a wounded, misunderstood man-child- I could make him good- if I could just have forty straight hours of sex with him- and then make him a vampire/werewolf!!!!"

THAT'S what he's cultivated as an "actor"- a tiny, vocal, rabid fanbase that wants to have sex with his characters. He's NOT a respected actor- he's a piece of meat to his fans. Go read what they write about him. Ick.

Funny, I never hear how talented as actor he is from them. Just- "Let's do it in the barn in front of/with Major Stewart!"

Well done, sir. Your RADA training has certainly paid off.

by Anonymousreply 38010/13/2013

This thread is more than halfway full. I propose this as the next thread. Most of the TH-related threads on here are already full lol.

by Anonymousreply 38110/13/2013

The old story of him and kenneth. Always amused me

by Anonymousreply 38210/13/2013

Does anyone know when he's back in London? I know there's a TDW Q&A on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 38310/13/2013

In theory he should be back for the 19th when OLLA will be presented at London Film Festival. If there's also a TDW the day before then maybe on the 17th.

by Anonymousreply 38410/13/2013

R380 Who wouldn't want a threesome with Loki and Tony Stark. Lol

by Anonymousreply 38510/13/2013

R383 Why worry? You have a date with him?

by Anonymousreply 38610/13/2013

R386 I'm just curious that's all. The LFF has already started and there will be screenings to attend to get the max photo opportunies. I'm sure he won't pass that up if he's in town.

by Anonymousreply 38710/13/2013

well this is creepy

by Anonymousreply 38810/13/2013

R388 His eyes look into your very soul

by Anonymousreply 38910/13/2013

You made me spray my tea all over my sceeen. Next time you post something like this please preface it with LAUGH ALERT!!!

And all his creepy fans talk about is banging the guy. I mean, endlessly. It's not, "Wow, he was memorably talented in Wallander and The Deep Blue Sea." It's "I wanna have sex with Loki on Odin's throne, wanna have a threesome with Loki and Tony Stark, wanna tie up Loki and ride him- wearing the horny helmet, wanna kneel in front of him, wanna make him kneel in front of me, I'd hit Loki like a screen door in a hurricane, Loki is a wounded, misunderstood man-child- I could make him good- if I could just have forty straight hours of sex with him- and then make him a vampire/werewolf!!!!"

You nailed it and I'm sore from laughing

by Anonymousreply 39010/13/2013

Well his fans are not near the level of crazy as the Supernatural fans. At least not yet.

by Anonymousreply 39110/13/2013

R388 I like his face. It's pretty. LOL

by Anonymousreply 39210/13/2013

Did that CB girl ever show up again with her bucketload of tea?

by Anonymousreply 39310/13/2013

He's s dork, a lot of issue and flaws, he's a bloody idiot and I think he has some anxious problem.Despite that I climb him like a tree

by Anonymousreply 39410/13/2013

I think everyone scared her away with a truckload of insults. I have a great idea. Next time someone proclaims they have tea, give them a chance to spill it first. Just a thought. I was hoping to hear more about TH's (predictable) asinine frat boy behavior.

by Anonymousreply 39510/13/2013

R395 scared of what? A few letter on a screen? If she had tea she would have spilled it right away, wtf is "I promised him not to".

by Anonymousreply 39610/13/2013

I think if there is tea to spill and someone wants to spill it,they don't need an introduction. Either there was no tea or she never had any intention to spill it.

by Anonymousreply 39710/13/2013

People are more likely to answer your questions and tell their stories if you aren't openly ridiculing them with fangirl indignation, casting aspersions on their motives, or calling them a liar before you have even heard what they have to say.

Just a thought.

I suspect that whatever you might think of her, there was some sort of story there.

Maybe it was a dumb story about a fangirl who bought a ticket to Australia, but it might have included some salient details about TH's nasty frat boy habits, which would have been fun to hear.

Seriously, who do you think is going to have such stories to tell if not a deluded groupie? I say next time someone posts that they have tea, ask some kind, leading, and interested questions, pop some popcorn, and give them some space. Is that so hard?

by Anonymousreply 39810/13/2013

R398 Well she never came here to spill anything, whatever attacking happened, it was on CB, we were just following the story

by Anonymousreply 39910/13/2013

R393 & R398 Sorry what was this about, links?

by Anonymousreply 40010/13/2013

R400, scroll back a bit. It is all in this thread, though much of it refers to a thread on CB.

R399, yeah, fair enough. You just want to tell these people put up or shut up. "TH is really a total wanker and a fake" is obvious and no longer news.

What I want to hear are first hand revelations that the Hiddleconda is all stuffing or that Hiddles always travels with a collection of glowing vibrating butt plugs. The fun stuff.

by Anonymousreply 40110/13/2013

R401 My friend works in the customs office at Heathrow airport. This is all true. But I can't say any more, Luke W is standing next to me with a taser.

by Anonymousreply 40210/13/2013

Thanks R401. And R236 who the fuck is Janine?

by Anonymousreply 40310/13/2013

R398 Exactly. There are a minor, few nasty posters on CB who clearly worship Hiddleston. ANY mention of him in ANY kind of negative way unleashes their tirades. It's laughable, b/c they fall hook, line, and sinker for ANYTHING that man does (and I mean anything)- yet, one syllable of one opinion that might express dislike of him...well, go read for yourself.

Hey, opinions are fine, and that poster may have had some interesting things to say- but she probably got fed up with the lashing from the crazy fangurls. People don't even respond to them, they are ridiculous, negative shrews.

I would have liked to hear specifics, but his fans will NEVER, EVER let you believe he is anything less than perfect (and then go back to "writing" their Loki porn). Yes, please, give her some space. I'm sure her tea fits right in with what everyone else here has deduced about him.

by Anonymousreply 40410/13/2013

Janine is a poster on CB. She reported seeing Tom and JA in a bar on that infamous fri night, but says she has never posted on DL and hadn't heard about the other sighting from here.

by Anonymousreply 40510/13/2013

Allegedly someone who lives in NW3 and has met Hiddles a number of times.

R402, so I have heard! Well the whole airport heard. Apparently someone's remote set off the vibrator switch and the whole suitcase was rocking back and forth and pulsing with blue and green lights. He had to unpack it right there in the terminal. Held up the line for an hour.

Luke is offering me a lot of money to shut up about this, but I'm far too altruistic to accept.

by Anonymousreply 40610/13/2013

R404: That was basically my point. I mean it might have been uninteresting tea in the end, but give the girl some space and let her say what she has to say.

But yeah, there are serious fangirls not just there but everywhere who will have shrieky meltdowns such as I haven't seen since junior high school if you so much as suggest that he might be an untalented, narcissistic skeeze. A while bunch from Tumblr seem to have invaded CB. For the most part CB is better than this.

by Anonymousreply 40710/13/2013

[quote] did you happen to watch the deleted scenes from the Thor movie. They cut out a lot of Loki's character development in the actual movie imo.

No, I didn't, but do those scenes actually provide evidence of Tom's talents or just of the screenwriters' talents? If the scenes provide more character development but Tom still does nothing special with the material then it's no sign at all of him being a better than average actor.

Loki is a showy role. He had plenty of opportunity in the scenes that made it into the movies to make something of the part beyond the work that the writers, costume people and his own looks had done for him. I didn't see him doing that.

by Anonymousreply 40810/13/2013

I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't been seeing her ever since July. Just because a few fan girls haven't seen them together, doesn't mean they're not together. If someone doesn't want to be seen, then believe me, they won't be seen.

Honestly, with all the comments being made, I'm sure that somewhere along the line she'd drop something about being single just to get everyone off her back. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't come to a premiere with him soon, I really wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 40910/13/2013

I wouldn't be surprised either. It'll be interesting to see if he brings her to the London Thor premier. She's a Marvel fangirl after all.

by Anonymousreply 41010/13/2013

If she is still dating him, she has no self-esteem whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 41110/13/2013

R409 That could also mean he is with someone else now. Just because he has not been seen with another woman doesn't mean he is alone or still with JA.

by Anonymousreply 41210/13/2013

R410 She is a Hiddles fangirl. LOL

by Anonymousreply 41310/13/2013

"so I have heard! Well the whole airport heard. Apparently someone's remote set off the vibrator switch and the whole suitcase was rocking back and forth and pulsing with blue and green lights. He had to unpack it right there in the terminal. Held up the line for an hour."--Bwahahahaha!! Thanks for making my day!

by Anonymousreply 41410/13/2013

LMAO SNSDxTH crossover is this real life

by Anonymousreply 41510/13/2013

well we know what he will be hitting this week. LOL

by Anonymousreply 41610/13/2013

I think it's so funny how pretty much everyone knows where he lives. I feel like knocking at his door and going "They're coming for you!"

Also, Janine doesn't live exactly in NW3, but in the area.Again, if the coincidence is so big and it's not the Janine I know,despite everything pointing to the fact that she is, then my bad.

by Anonymousreply 41710/14/2013

R404 I've noticed the general tone on CB appears to be older and some appear to work in the arts/media. There's a poster over there who accuses anyone who mentions THs hook ups as a "DL refugee". They seem to think the comment is posted to provoke a reaction. They really are in denial aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 41810/14/2013

They also accuse DL of bringing trolls to CB ruining their board.

R415 3h show with Tiffany about Seoul, lol. She interviewed Brad Pitt as well.

R416 Lol, but according to rumour she has a boyfriend, even if these kpop groups management have strict rules against them having a boyfriends, i.e. they are not allowed.

by Anonymousreply 41910/14/2013

Seoul press conference pics

by Anonymousreply 42010/14/2013

R398 R404 R407, Oh, please, cry me a river over how the poor little bored troll got called out on her BS, and how those mean fangurls cut everyone down. Well, I've never posted there, just lurked a lot, and I don't fall all over myself for the Hiddleconda, but the posters who tracked her comments were right to call her out. I believe someone even checked the timeline, and it turned out to be less than 12 hours between her saying she'd only get to meet him in her fantasies, and then suddenly having "bucketloads of tea". As they pointed out, even taking timezones into account, she must be very good. Oh, he has issues alright, but so far they are surpassed by those of all the attention whores who keep throwing random shit at gossip boards in a desperate bid to see what sticks. And can we stop beating the Jane Arthy dead horse? Let it RIP.

by Anonymousreply 42110/14/2013

R421 thank you.

by Anonymousreply 42210/14/2013

3 hours program....that a lot of talking!

by Anonymousreply 42310/14/2013

And as cringe-worthy the fangurls and hausfraus are, and as laughable and equally sad the trolls are, they aren't half as scary as those so eager to pounce on any shred of rumour, that they went from "frat-boy tendencies" to "rape!" in less than 2 comments. Now, I would pay good honest money for pictures of him with that glowing suitcase, but there's tea, and there's whatever those deranged minds conjure up.

*sniffs, shakes head*

Yep. Thought I'd smelt a fish, turns out it's really a dead skunk.

by Anonymousreply 42410/14/2013

Yes, his singing is a bit...

by Anonymousreply 42510/14/2013

R424 anyone who depends on "verbs in asterisks" to make a point is a disgrace to society therefore your argument is invalid & I declare your opinion null and void.

by Anonymousreply 42610/14/2013

R424 Agreeing with you, but the misogynistic crap is unnecesssary. But what else can you expect from this site.

by Anonymousreply 42710/14/2013

R426, Oh dear, here's a stepladder to help you up your horse of hypocrisy.

R424, You're reading "Get off my gay lawn!" wrong.

by Anonymousreply 42810/14/2013

Korean press conference.

by Anonymousreply 42910/14/2013

Why does he wear what he wears to do what he does

by Anonymousreply 43010/14/2013

baggage allowance? just kidding.

HQ photo of Seoul press conference.

by Anonymousreply 43110/14/2013

R430 What's the issue? He looks like a happy camper

by Anonymousreply 43210/14/2013

Seriously? You wear such clothes to hike? OK

by Anonymousreply 43310/14/2013

R428 No I'm not, I'm sorry to break this to you, but there are women on this site, always have been. Set up your own sad old queen site and take refuge there.

by Anonymousreply 43410/14/2013

R404 I hope they don't "worship" him. It is kind of dangerous to do that. He is flawed. I think he was trying to say that here in one of his recent interviews. I don't think he is totally faking an act though. It seems it would be too exhasting to do something like that for very long. I think he puts his best self out there and pays attention to what his fans say online so that he can please them.

by Anonymousreply 43510/14/2013

R434, Queen I may be (and damn proud of it), and old I may or may not be, but mistaken I am not. "DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip" It's not about the posters' gender, you see, it's the topic of discussion, built into the very frame of this board. People hijack threads intended for GAY gossip with pointless rehashing of their heterosexual projections which border on fantasy (re the Jane Arthy nonstory), and then get their knickers in a twist when others complain.

by Anonymousreply 43610/14/2013

I don't know why people insist he was any kind of serious with JA. It was one picture for god's sake! He was seen previously with Sian Clifford on many occasions. Not just pictures but fans saw them out together a couple of times. Geesh!

by Anonymousreply 43710/14/2013

Why they insist now, I don't know and I don't care. But back in July it's because the ElleUK journalist tweeted she was his gf. And since she is "nothing home to write about", let's move on.

by Anonymousreply 43810/14/2013

Not to mention the other "relationship" that seems to have been in between those two according to the new CB troll

by Anonymousreply 43910/14/2013

R439 she didn't say that it wasn't JA, not yet.

by Anonymousreply 44010/14/2013

This is not a promo tour this is a one man show

by Anonymousreply 44210/14/2013

Yes, he's single-handedly promoting this film. Any news on who will be present at Berlin première?

by Anonymousreply 44310/14/2013

R441 Since Susannah. I've never seen him looking at any other girl like he looked at her. Though I've never quite understood what happened with Sian. Best buddy one moment and then nothing.

by Anonymousreply 44410/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 44510/14/2013

Now matter your feelings toward the Loki character. He practically stole the movie. I kind of feel sorry for Hemsworth. He is supposed to be the hero of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 44612/21/2013

I doubt Hemsworth is very sorry, he still gets to be in TheAvengers2 and in the meantime is asked and likes by directors. Besides, it's not like you can do much with a character like Thor.

by Anonymousreply 44712/21/2013

Can we have a new coriolanus thread please?

by Anonymousreply 44812/21/2013

R448 agreed I've found a review no done by a fangirl

by Anonymousreply 44912/21/2013

R448 R449 Why don't you go here instead

by Anonymousreply 45112/21/2013

I think TH will be back for Thor 3. He did say he would play Loki for as long as they want him. I wonder if CH will come back as Thor?

by Anonymousreply 45212/21/2013

Is there are Coriolanus pt 4 thread?

I have what's probably a stupid question. In the pt 3 thread some posters were discussing how the Donmar cordons off the ticket holders from other fans after the show, so ticket holders can get autographs. Where is this? I'll be rushing to catch a train home and have no interest in stage dooring or getting anyone's autograph (apart from maybe Mark Gatiss, but not that bothered) and having been to the Donmar and knowing how tiny it is and how tiny those surrounding streets are, am a bit worried. Will I have to force my way through crowds of fangirls, or do the Donmar staff corral them somehow and leave a clear exit for those who just want to leave?

by Anonymousreply 45412/21/2013

I see that as proof that even TH has his breaking point. Though I agree with others that he played a strong role in creating this monster. THIS Tommy is what happens when you live for the approval of others.

Cumberbatch once said that he felt like a rabbit being squeezed to death by his over-enthusiastic fans, and the description is accurate. He's a human being, not a one man theme park. Maybe Donmar should put out a cardboard Hiddles complete with a stuffed Hiddleconda for the fans to take their idiotic selfies.

A few nights ago a sixty year old fan attacked one of Donmar's security guards. How bad does it have to get before you recognize his right to draw the line?

by Anonymousreply 45512/21/2013

And DUH of course he was only using his fans. Did you think he was signing autographs and doing all of those pictures and giving piggy back rides because he loved you?

Time to wake up children!

by Anonymousreply 45612/21/2013

Somebody was caught filming the play this afternoon!

by Anonymousreply 45712/21/2013

Btw, it's not correct to say that he was abrupt, it's just that twice he answered with "you don't know me" to fans saying he was perfect or that they loved him. But other fans report he was nice as usual.

by Anonymousreply 45812/21/2013

Fuck, don't tell me you found an other thread to resuscitate. What happened to the 16 others?

by Anonymousreply 45912/21/2013

We eat them. All of them

by Anonymousreply 46012/21/2013

R458 What do you answer if a stranger says "i love you" anyway?

I think he really doesn't want to deal with these people anymore, it's becoming a bit too much. So many shows a week and then having to smile and wave after? I would have given that up 2 days into it

by Anonymousreply 46112/21/2013

According to a someone on tumblr there was no stage door tonight. The security guard told those who were waiting not to bother because the cast weren't coming out to sign anything and the next signing won't be until after Christmas. I wonder if Tom will just give up doing the stage door altogether? To echo what [R461] said, it seems like he's growing tired of it all.

by Anonymousreply 46212/21/2013

R462 I wouldn't find it strange at all if he stopped doing it. Maybe doing it every now and then but definitely not daily. Even if someone adores the acclamation, to get it every day takes all the joy out of it. It's good that they're giving the crazies less to work with. And re that report that a 60 y.o woman attacked the security guy, I just wish I was there to laugh

by Anonymousreply 46312/21/2013

He's one of theses people that are really easy to manipulate from the make artist who covers him in orange to the fame hogging PR man to the bossy girlfriend to the demanding stans

New Years resolution Thomas, get rid of all of them. Grow some balls and become a man

I know he reads this board

by Anonymousreply 46412/21/2013

The more he pushes the crazies away the more hungry they get. His problem is that he encouraged it so much because he wants all the attention and now he's got he's moaning because it comes with consequences.

I say good. Deal with it. Too many times its been pointed out to him even from the sane stans.

by Anonymousreply 46512/21/2013

R463 A 60 year attacked the security guard? What the hell?

by Anonymousreply 46612/21/2013

I saw some recent pics of him at the stage door. He looks exhausted! I wonder if he really was expecting all this hoopla. I think he underestimated his fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 46712/21/2013

To everyone wanting a new Coriolanus thread, I am a paying member and would be happy to start one as soon as this thread reaches 600 posts. Datalounge is not fond of multiple thread about the same person since there were 2 threads open last weekend where TH was being discussed and one of them was shut down. I will keep an eye on this thread and start a new one when able to do so.

As regards the play, I am glad that they have a break for a few days. I don't know about the rest of you but I could use a break from the endless fangirl hysteria and speculation about who women in pictures are. I hope TH keeps a low profile over the next few days so that we don't have to endure this thread being hijacked for a fangirl feeding frenzy if he appears in public.

by Anonymousreply 46812/21/2013

R468 A word of caution, I started the three Coriolanus threads with the best of intentions and all went well until Coriolanus Part 3 got hijacked at around 200+ posts with all hysteria over the video the fangirl posted of Hiddleston w/JA. All attempts to get the thread back on track and chase them away were for naught. I was waiting for things to calm down a bit before starting another thread. But you're welcome to start the next one, LOL!

Hopefully this thread will last for a few more days and let the loonies go somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 46912/21/2013

R463 there was a bit of a melee at the stage door during the week involving some fangirls who had met TH multiple times - one of which was a 60 yr old woman. Apparently, as long as you have a ticket - even for a past performance, you can join the line of ticket holders to meet the actors. The security guard must of recognized them and asked them to leave but they became abusive, at which point Tom refused to do the stage door.

by Anonymousreply 47012/21/2013

Sorry, the above reply was for R466.

by Anonymousreply 47112/21/2013

C'mon, Tom! Get ANGRY. I want to see a mad TH. I bet he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 47212/21/2013

R469, thanks for the note of caution! I was one of the ones who attempted to get the thread back on track, for what that was worth!

Someone mentioned around the time that the show first opened that the fangirls were treating it more like a concert than a Shakespeare play and that observation does seem to have been an accurate one.

I have to question the wisdom of Donmar security for letting anyone queue for stage door if their ticket is not for that day's performance. I've seen on this thread and on Twitter that none of the cast came out after either of today's performances. Good for them for not always feeding the insanity.

by Anonymousreply 47312/21/2013

I read that someone was caught trying to film the play with their phone.

by Anonymousreply 47412/21/2013

R474, I think that turned out to be inaccurate. There was a report on Tumblr (yes, I look there sometimes, don't judge!) from someone seated close to the alleged offender. Apparently it was a bored young woman who kept taking her phone out of her purse to text during the show. During one attempt at taking her phone out, she dropped it on the floor causing a loud clatter. Seems she was just bored and clumsy but no actual attempt to film anything.

by Anonymousreply 47512/22/2013

R475 Of course you get bored if you expect to see the Avengers and not Shakespeare...

by Anonymousreply 47612/22/2013

R468 and R469, thank you both.

by Anonymousreply 47812/22/2013

R469 in blaming TH for all this fangirl hysteria. It could of been over and done with way back in July but he had to tell them he was single when he wasn't. And now he's moaning about it.

We could of had a fangirl free Coriolanus threads if it wasn't for his actions.

by Anonymousreply 47912/22/2013

His crazy fangirls are the ones you will hear about the most, because they are the loudest and people will talk about their actions the most. But they are the minority (on tumblr and twitter too)

JA story has been handled bad bad, first wimbledon final then, acting like nothing happened(unfollowing, laura pulver pictures, interviews) and now "Oops, maybe, actually dating can be true"

He's just a spineless man, unable to say his own opinion about anything, who need a better PR and a very good help

by Anonymousreply 48012/22/2013

No. The fangirls created the hysteria when they decided that his private life was their business. There is a whole lot of making something of nothing going on right now. Someone took a video of the poor guy in a bookstore and there are people going on about him 'lying' and being terrible at PR? For feck's sake, quit jumping to conclusions and playing 'hurt' just because he dared to go out with a woman. And where is he 'moaning' about it? The only moaning I am seeing is coming from fangirls who are so desperately obsessed with him they seem to follow every. single. move.

And no, he doesn't have to say a single word about his private life. That's why they call it 'private'. Stop with the entitlement already.

by Anonymousreply 48112/22/2013

FYI nothing happened on tumblr on twitter about video, Just one, one, crazy blog with ONE post

by Anonymousreply 48312/22/2013

R481 he brought his private life into his pubic life himself I'm afraid. The fact many fangirls didn't really care in the first place.

He's the one that unfollowed her.

He's the one that made comments on being single.

What he should of done is not do or say anything about his private life . No reaction and let it blow over.

Of course they are going to be interested after he said he wasn't dating her.

by Anonymousreply 48412/22/2013

*public life.

by Anonymousreply 48512/22/2013

I don't think the issue is that actors aren't entitled to a private life.

I think it's that TH went hell for leather to attract a fanbase from the type of person who is needy and obsessive. All the love your life tweeting, the acknowledgement of fan art and attention.

He wanted this type of fan. He worked hard to attract them.

Now the downside is here, it's a bit rich when he dials back. It's not as if he is stupid or naive. He knew what he was doing and he even employed and paid a team of people to help him achieve it.

You reap what you sow. TH sowed rabid fan seeds and now he has rabid fans. Sympathy is wasted.

by Anonymousreply 48612/22/2013

He brought her at a VIP public event. Papped by the daily fail. Your private life it's so private anymore

by Anonymousreply 48712/22/2013

*It's not so*

by Anonymousreply 48812/22/2013

R488 right, thanks

by Anonymousreply 48912/22/2013

R487 and then denied went to great lengths to deny he was dating her when none of his stans cared. This is the funny part. The funnier part is that he brought this on himself. Could of said nothing. So R481 get your head out of the sand and into the real world.

by Anonymousreply 49012/22/2013

Wonder if his showing up at Wimbledon with Arthy was a pr plow set up by Luke. It backfired badly.

by Anonymousreply 49112/22/2013

So he can't take anyone to an event anymore without people jumping all over it? The fact is, people are still ASSUMING things. They assume this happened, and that happened, and that A + B = C when sometimes it's actually A + B = D. And this incredible over-analysing of twitter accounts just blows me away. It's like 'The Psychology of Twitter Following' or something. A bestseller for sure.

And for all we know, he is STILL SINGLE. Being seen out with a woman does not mean he is dating her.

Also, I don't really see any reaction from him about his private life... he made a couple of comments in interviews etc, but nothing more than what anyone else would say.

R490 I am in the real world thanks. The real world where I don't need to spend every second of every day watching a celebrity to see what he's doing and who he's dating etc. I'll leave that up to the hysterics.

by Anonymousreply 49212/22/2013

"The funnier part is that he brought this on himself"

Oh bless you

by Anonymousreply 49312/22/2013

Wonder if he is regretting his past fan interactions now.

by Anonymousreply 49412/22/2013

Speaking of serious matter: LW is already fleeing to south america?

by Anonymousreply 49512/22/2013

R481 / R492 I agree.

Wasn't enough said already about a 1 minute video that shows absolutely nothing? (video not available anymore, the Russian girl made her post private)

Let it go, whatever is going on will keep going on, make up your mind, either stop following him or deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 49612/22/2013

He's the sort of person who passes the buck. He'll probably blame LW which is fair but he's probably blame JA too by saying that she isn't want attention which is ridiculous as she's been following anything associated with him on twitter.

Btw I don't spend every second obsessing over a celebrity and if I was it certainly won't be him. This is my observations from people I know are his stans and that I have no choice but to read or hear about it.

You are the overprotective stan not me

by Anonymousreply 49712/22/2013

R495 on a flight home to see what the hell TH has done. Doesn't he know this wasn't part of the plan?!

by Anonymousreply 49812/22/2013

R197 I assume you are meaning me. Overprotective? Nah, not really. If he genuinely does something stupid, let him have it. I'm just sick and tired of people acting like he's offended him when there is really nothing to get so uppity about. It's over the top and it's just plain dumb.

by Anonymousreply 49912/22/2013

R499 I think we are saying the same thing but in diffrent ways.

I don't actually get the hype about him. He's no cumberbatch or Fassbender

by Anonymousreply 50012/22/2013

I really just want to know if I can watch Coriolanus in peace and then leave the premises without fear of being trampled.I truly hope tehey quit the stage door habit,it's a play,watch the play and then move on.

by Anonymousreply 50112/22/2013

Stop worrying. If you aren't Hiddleston, you can leave in peace and the security will gladly let you go.

by Anonymousreply 50212/22/2013

R479, back in July, TH had been on what, 1 or 2 dates with a person? Guess what, that's being single. Anyone who says 1 or 2 dates is a committed relationship is an idiot. Such stupidity and desire to rush into things is the reason why most marriages end in divorce. And who cares if he is dating? Did the guy take a vow of celibacy? No. Is he married? No. Is he engaged? No. Is he living with someone? No. He has been spotted in public TALKING with a woman who lives in his neighborhood and whom he at one time dated. That's no indication of anything. Neither person involved has said anything about it one way or the other. The average, healthy 32 year old guy is going to have sex. The average person is going to say hello to a neighbor. Again, who cares? Clearly, you do for God only knows what ridiculous reason. Let people talk about the play here.

by Anonymousreply 50312/22/2013

Oh R503 I thought we had to keep to the topic of the thread. That happened, briefly, for several pages on the last one (pt 3) where the play was discussed at length and everyone else got bored. This is a gossip site, so that's what posters tend to want to discuss. And particularly gay gossip, so we're interlopers here anyway.

For those who missed it, 2 posters who are regular to NW3 discussed this sighting and its most likely an fwb situation. Look to the end of the last thread and then the last posts on the one below (not sure why this thread got picked up instead).

by Anonymousreply 50412/22/2013

R503 Why is the reason anyone cares about who any celeb is dating? You act like this only happens to TH and it doesn't. People can speculate and comment on any public celebs life if they want. If you don't care about their life than good for you. What does it matter to you if people make comments about THs life? Anywhere? TH is not going to give you a cookie because you want to protect him.

by Anonymousreply 50512/22/2013

R504 2 posters who claim to be regular and claim to have seen such things. Pointing it out only to avoid another fight among parts, so don't jump at my throat. As for why this thread was picked up, the thread to the link you posted while still visibile is closed. Nobody can write anymore.

by Anonymousreply 50612/22/2013

R505 No, but since this is a board where you have to pay to have a thread started, wasting somebody's money to write around 300 replies, 300!, on a 1 minute video is demented. You want to anonymously discuss and speculate and make up tea, good, either pay for it or go to a free anonymous board like this one.

by Anonymousreply 50712/22/2013

Has this review been posted already?

by Anonymousreply 50812/22/2013

R468/R473, R478 - I'm R469 original Coriolanus threads OP here. Thanks.

I'm a theatre buff and was enjoying talking about the play. Fingers crossed that we can still do that in a Pt 4 with other like-minded DLers who have said they're going to be in attendance over the next few weeks. All we can do is be vigilant and attempt to shut them down, chase them away.

R479 I concur. Hiddleston and his PR team own a large part of this mess. Now it's landed on his doorstep & the stage door - literally. Majority of fans are fine, but the one to two percent of crazies are off the chain. Their 14 year-old mentalities don't recognize boundaries. He can't close Pandora's box now. TH has a better chance of controlling the weather than the loony fringe.

The Coriolanus topless shower scene, the homoerotic kiss with Hadley Fraser and the shower of rose petals as well as his being a nice guy and coming out to sign autographs and pose for pictures, unfortunately stoked the fires.

In the world of You Tube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc., it's impossible to be on the down-low. TH's "devoted" fans make Edward Snowden and Julian Assange look like the Huckleberry Hounds of sleuthing, LOL!

Belatedly. the Donmar steps up security and TH gets a clue. Good luck. What happens when an addict is forced to go cold turkey or detox? They suffer withdrawal and get even more nuts.

by Anonymousreply 50912/22/2013

Someone on imdb claim to have seen TH's sisters FB page defending him however this is BS as their names are in hidden mode on FB. Guess not everyone including himself did

by Anonymousreply 51012/22/2013

R505 R506 Thanks for that I didn't realise that thread was closed (usually they get deleted), and I'm not going to jump down your throat either.

However I do find it bizarre that someone who wants to discuss an off West End production of Shakespeare ends up on DL in the first place, unless they're a regular ( in which case they'll already what any thread which mentions Hiddleston/Thor/Loki is about anyway, basically gossip and speculation, this has been going on for a year now).

And the site at that link is really un-user friendly, I can't even see what the subject is. I don't just come to this site for 1 subject/thread.

by Anonymousreply 51112/22/2013

R511 sorry, the "you" in my text was a general "you", I noticed afterwards it was confusing. The reason why there wasn't much discussion over tumblr and twitter about that video is because everybody came here to talk about it, in the safety anonymity provides. My point was, since these speculations never ends quickly, instead of using up a paid for thread there are alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 51212/22/2013

R512 Ah I get you. I agree, I didn't see that video posted anywhere except a few reblogs on tumblr (a place I usually avoid like the plague) and the girl who made it has made her live journal private. Wasn't even mentioned on other gossip sites. But you can't stop people gossiping, isn't that why the come here in the 1st place (as the regulars know to their obvious irritation).

by Anonymousreply 51312/22/2013

I think TH was still eager with his fans by going out and signing autographs and taking pics with them even though it was previews and the Donmar said no stage door at that time. But now I think his eagerness is dwindling. He began to only come out every now and then and he has looked exhausted. I don't think he really understood what he was getting into. He pandered to his fans but he still had some amount of physical distance. With this he doesn't. And they are flying in from everywhere else to see the play and get a glimpse of him. Hence, there will probably be more pics of him out in public while the play is still going on. I kind of feel sorry for the guy.

by Anonymousreply 51412/22/2013

R510 What now?

by Anonymousreply 51512/22/2013

R509, I am also R468. Thank you for being a voice of reason and for doing your best to keep threads about TH and Coriolanus from once again derailing. But I fear we have a Herculean task if the last couple of pages of responses are any indication. I don't understand why it is so damn impossible to keep a thread about Coriolanus and his work in this play from becoming such a clusterfuck every single time.

I agree with everything you have said. And I hope that the few days' break from the play gives us a break from the fangirl invasion of this thread. I also pray for no creeper pics or vids of TH which will start the whole thing up again. Those DL'ers who see him out and about, you may also want to keep any sightings to yourselves for a bit too!

by Anonymousreply 51612/22/2013

R516 = Luke Windsor

by Anonymousreply 51712/22/2013

R510, what happened? How were they defending him? I looked on imdb but I don't see the post you are talking about.

TH had a masked FB page for awhile, but were got out about even that.

by Anonymousreply 51812/22/2013

R516 if you are Luke you might want to be doing your job and advising him better.

by Anonymousreply 51912/22/2013

TH and PR teams fault for making this monster which a few people have pointed out. Don't like the heat? Don't do it in the first place!

Also the the DLrs aren't the crazies that seem to stalking him. They just made simple observations which aren't harmful in anyway.

I want theses thread to go back to TH work again as well but he does have a part to play in this.

by Anonymousreply 52012/22/2013

I am R516 and I am most definitely NOT Luke Windsor.

And R520, no it's not the DL regulars that are causing the problems on these threads. "I want theses thread to go back to TH work again as well but he does have a part to play in this." So what's your point? I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that comment.

by Anonymousreply 52112/22/2013

R521 he lured the stans on so much it's now gotten out of control. Don't tell me he didn't know this would happen, unless he's really really stupid and naive.

No smoke without fire.

by Anonymousreply 52212/22/2013

R516 R521 You are baffling me. Please read my post at R504.

How did you end up on this site in the 1st place? Or were you already here. None of the threads on this subject (ie the actor) in the last year have been OT at all!

by Anonymousreply 52312/22/2013

TH is a big boy. He doesn't need anyone to help get him out of any mess that he has helped made

by Anonymousreply 52412/22/2013

R522, Oh, I agree that he has done more than his fair share of pandering to the fans. But still, that doesn't make it okay for them to stalk him to bookstores and hang out in his neighborhood and all the rest of the insane crap like that. The fangirl frenzy at the stage door is to be expected but the rest of it is just way too nuts.

And R523, I have been on this site for a while, a couple of years or so. I am more of a theatre and Shakespeare buff than anything so past threads about TH weren't really of much interest to me. It wasn't until the Coriolanus threads were started that I began following them and now I see just how off the rails they all get.

by Anonymousreply 52512/22/2013

R525 and I'm saying that he can't expect them not to do that if he's been actively encouraging them. He can't suddenly want to not be regonised by them after all that pandering.

by Anonymousreply 52612/22/2013

R526, I don't think he has been actively encouraging them to stalk him. But whatever, you have your opinion and I have mine.

by Anonymousreply 52712/22/2013

[quote] [R509], I am also [R468]. Thank you for being a voice of reason and for doing your best to keep threads about TH and Coriolanus from once again derailing. But I fear we have a Herculean task if the last couple of pages of responses are any indication. I don't understand why it is so damn impossible to keep a thread about Coriolanus and his work in this play from becoming such a clusterfuck every single time.

R469/R509 here again. You're welcome and you are correct on all counts. As for why it's so impossible to fall off the cliff & into a clusterfuck, well THAT discussion could easily fill up several threads, LOL!

Short answer: Thanks to Loki, the Internet and his constant pandering, singing & dancing, Hiddles is the annoited Internet "IT" heart throb of the hour. At some point it will die down as it did for Elvis, the Beatles, Springsteen, Brad Pitt etc. but right now TH is "it" to a small albeit vocal slice of rabid fangirls/fanboys (e.g. Josh Horowitz.

I will also be interested to hear from DLers how they feel Josie Rourke's decision to make Coriolanus more of a martyr vs. Ralph Fiennes movie portrayal of him as a straight up brutal warrior.

BTW his pandering, dancing, piggyback rides and Tweets however ill-advised in no way excuses the intrusive or stalker behavior of a small slice of fans. Because R501 is right: legitimate theatre fans just want to be able to go and see Coriolanus w/o fear of being trampled, having their view obscured or having the actors voices drowned out by pubescent titterings.

I just got tickets to see Kenneth Branagh in Macbeth in NYC in May. Thank God, all the drama will be confined to the stage!

by Anonymousreply 52812/22/2013

C'mon, this is a gossip site. I wanna come here and speculate about everything even tortoises sexual life

by Anonymousreply 52912/22/2013

Well then, you can always cough up the $$, become a paying member, and start a thread about tortoises' sexual lives.

by Anonymousreply 53012/22/2013

This review is brilliant. The reviewer also suggests that TH might be better suited to Hamlet.

by Anonymousreply 53112/23/2013

R531 "So far, so Fascist" would be one of my favorite things. Who is this woman? I like her

by Anonymousreply 53212/23/2013

TH definitely needs new management. He should be headlining blockbuster movies. They(PR's, agents)'love' him and they want to keep him trapped and close, so sad. Hopefully he comes to his senses and gets a new crew

by Anonymousreply 53312/23/2013

Thanks for the link R531, that was a good read :)

by Anonymousreply 53412/23/2013

R531, I also thank you for that link. That was a superb review.

by Anonymousreply 53512/23/2013

I'm a longtime Dler (8 years and counting) and I wish we had London theatre discussion threads like the Broadway threads, but I'm not sure if there are enough UK-based theatre-goer DLers to make such threads last.

by Anonymousreply 53612/23/2013

I wonder if TH will do anymore theatre after this play. If he doesn't get anything lined up after Crimson Peak then it seems to me doing a bit more theatre would be good. But who knows after the antics his fans have gone through with this one though.

by Anonymousreply 53712/23/2013

Since the thread title is about the Thor movie, can we talk about that a bit? Anyone notice the change in costuming between the first Marvel movie, which was pre-Disney, and the second post-Disney takeover one? It's like they woke up to the fact that the first movie had a bunch of hot men parading around in skin tight leather pants. Idris Elba goes from tight brown leather pants (although he did hold a sword in front of himself a lot) to wearing a peplum skirt thing over those tight brown pants in the second one. Hemsworth gets a loin cloth. And Hiddleston, whose costume went from tight green pants in Thor to a long tunic and coat in Avengers, is never shown full frontal in Thor2 unless he's got something in front of him, like his own shackled hands, a book, a spaceship dashboard, or Natalie Portman.

by Anonymousreply 53812/23/2013

R531 Yes, thanks. That review was a pleasure to read.

R536 I'm a native NYer and there's no reason we can't have London AND Broadway theatre threads. These days it's quite common for British and Australian actors to appear on Broadway and more Yanks are making their way across the Pond to work in British productions - notably Kevin Spacey who's been artistic director of the Bristol Old Vic for the last 10 years.

There's lots of good fodder for discussion comparing London and Broadway theatre if you're up for it.

by Anonymousreply 53912/23/2013

I would be up for a London theatre thread. Am seeing 3 productions over the next fortnight.

by Anonymousreply 54012/23/2013

531 here. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was waiting to post it for a while but I couldn't due to the oh-so-Important-news.

What do you think of the suggestion of TH playing Hamlet? I think it would be the making of him in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 54112/23/2013

R541 I think his acting style would lend itself very well to Hamlet, probably moreso than a lot of other Shakespeare roles. He's said he'd love to do Hamlet on a couple of occasions, and I think he'd be great.

by Anonymousreply 54312/23/2013

R542 Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 54412/23/2013

R539 and R540, I would gladly start a London theatre thread for all of us. Anything specific you'd like me to include? I live in the states but would love to hear from any DL'ers who have seen or plan on seeing some of the great productions there right now.

And on the topic of Hiddleston, I think it would be great to see him do more Shakespeare, or just more theatre in general. It seems to be a good fit for him and would give him more credibility than just being the guy who played Loki.

by Anonymousreply 54512/23/2013

I will be seeing Tennant's Richard II and Protest Song (about Occupy)at least. Re the latter, might be nice to talk about breaking the fourth wall?

by Anonymousreply 54612/23/2013

PS Am Christmas-missing for a few days, however.

by Anonymousreply 54712/23/2013

Greetings, R545 -- I'm R539 and also a paying DL member. I mentioned upthread I'd love to see a London theatre thread and compare & contrast London and Broadway productions. I also live Stateside and have got tickets to see Kenneth Branagh and Alex Kingston this spring in Macbeth at the Park Ave. Armory in NYC and can't wait. Should be good. Love London theatre as well.

ITA, Hiddleston would make a great Hamlet. BTW, funny bit of trivia the 19th century American stage actor Edwin Booth who played Hamlet in 1870 bears a striking resemblance to Hiddleston. Edwin Booth was the older brother of John Wilkes Booth who assassinated Abraham Lincoln.

I just had a funny thought: Hiddles is getting great reviews for playing Coriolanus onstage but IRL would anyone follow him into battle? OTOH, I can't imagine Chris Hemsworth tackling Coriolanus onstage but he'd be very believable as a military guy IRL and have no trouble attracting followers.

by Anonymousreply 54812/23/2013

R548, that observation about who we would follow into battle cracked me up! So very true, LOL!

And a London theatre thread is coming up shortly...

by Anonymousreply 54912/23/2013

Link to London theatre thread is below.

by Anonymousreply 55012/23/2013

R542 is right but he does need to calm down

by Anonymousreply 55112/23/2013

Thank you, r550!

by Anonymousreply 55212/23/2013

R541 No it won't because TH isn't a newcomer. By now in Hollywood they know he can act, either that or these past 4 years were a big waste of time. Hamlet can help him bettering his acting (as in any profession practice can only be good) and establish him more as a theatre actor, but it won't bring him higher status in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 55312/24/2013

Awww has all the speculation stopped on this thread now?

by Anonymousreply 55412/24/2013

Yep it seems so r554, I think his creepy pr guy found out about it and took control of the thread. I miss the gossip.

by Anonymousreply 55512/24/2013

R554 R555 I think there just wasn't anything to say that hadn't been said already, and nothing new happened. No more shows of Coriolanus until after Christmas either, so there haven't even been any fan meetings.

by Anonymousreply 55612/25/2013

R556 True true. Maybe something interesting will come up when the show starts again, or maybe that person who sees him every now and again will come back.

by Anonymousreply 55712/25/2013

R542 is right, and if we had yet another tiresome interview with TH on our hands in which he dropped one of his clueless statements about "love your life," and the unfair pressures of being posh, I would say hammer away on that posh puppy.

This is old news though. Right now, he is doing a laudable job with Coriolanus, and that's something new to talk about. I love the idea of expanding this into a new thread about British theatre in general. There are so many other good performances to discuss.

My opinion is that Coriolanus will have no effect at all on his standing in Hollywood, where, despite the success as Loki, he seems to have struck out. They are just not casting him in anything. Coriolanus could open up all kinds of possibilities in British theatre, film, and television, though, and if he is smart he would focus on that.

I don't see him performing Hamlet. Cumberbatch is about to do that at the National, and the last thing TH needs is yet more reason to be compared unfavorably to the Batch. Time magazine had both of them competing for the title of Most Overrated Celebrity.

I think TH's strength is as a character actor and ensemble actor. More roles that would develop him in this direction would serve him well. I realize he is a Shakespeare fanboy, but it would be wonderful to see him take on a contemporary play, in a role that is NOT "noble," or posh in any way. He's doing well right now, but so far everything he touches is the same sort of role. It makes me doubt his emotional range.

by Anonymousreply 55812/25/2013

R554, I think everyone is hibernating for the holidays, which is probably a good idea. I really hope the Donmar finds a way to curtail some of the stage door frenzy. It's ridiculous, and from what I have heard, the same repeat stalkers are the bulk of the problem.

I'm curious to hear more from the two DLers who live in the NW3 area. It's always fun to hear from people who know what they are talking about. I'm wondering if the cafe they are talking about is that well known pub that is right on Haverstock Hill, more or less next door to TH's place. (Probably not - I don't think they serve breakfast?)

by Anonymousreply 55912/25/2013

R559 know what they are talking about? Like mentioning TH's assistant talking with princess unicorn? How very credible, lols.

by Anonymousreply 56012/25/2013

I thought princess unicorn and the fangirl in the cafe were different people. Have I missed a hint?

I also think he could have an amazing stage career if he wanted and he's at the point where he can pursue stage roles/projects that he wants, like BC doing Hamlet next year. He can't do that with movies. He can't get projects off the ground on name alone whereas he probably could with theatre.

by Anonymousreply 56112/25/2013

R561 same or different, doesn't matter, I just remember the mention of his assistant sent to talk to a fangirl, enough said.

by Anonymousreply 56212/25/2013

It's a cafe with communal tables, the assistant talking to another patron is not exactly unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 56312/25/2013

R563 it was reported as his assistant talking to a fan, but whatever, I wasn't trying to convince anyone so believe as you wish. I only commented because, as usual, it makes me laugh when you people want more "info" on something nonfactual found in an anonymous board.

by Anonymousreply 56412/25/2013

"The best revenge against bullies is absolutely, resolutely, never to let them change who you are"

I see Tom I see

by Anonymousreply 56512/25/2013

The rumor is TH has been cast for two episodes of Doctor Who.

by Anonymousreply 56612/25/2013

R566 - Link?? I think that would cause fandom to explode.

by Anonymousreply 56712/25/2013

R561 I think cafe fangirl is Eastern European and Annie Wilkes is British. Could be mistaken though. It'll be interesting to see what other stage door stories come out of this Coriolanus run.

by Anonymousreply 56812/25/2013

I hope he stays away from Doctor Who and Moffat's writing. The whole thing is just boring now.

by Anonymousreply 56912/25/2013

I have heard this rumor going around on Tumblr, but can't find any independent source to confirm. I think it is just a rumor. Probably because Peter Capaldi and TH were seen together after a show. If it wrre true, you better believe LW would be tooting the news all over.

I have heard that there are a number of fans who stalk TH in the cafe and in his neighborhood. It is no secret where he likes to hang out. A woman named Sarah Rappaport from Twitter is known for following him around, as well as other with other Belsize celebrities. Someone needs to let these girls know that it is really obvious and kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 57012/25/2013

R570 I think I saw someone post a pic they took of TH while he was doing some grocery shopping.

by Anonymousreply 57112/25/2013

Apparently TH is getting sassy with the fangirls, according to someone who posted some tips on the stage door, the Donmar has apparently tried to implement a no photos policy:

"Tom actually got quite sarcastic with one fan who just took a picture right in his face and he said to her, ‘No photos! Oh - you’re taking one anyway are you? OKaaaaay’. *shakes head* "

"They ask for play tickets now to have a place in the stage door queue - too many trophy hunter fans without tickets were just turning up and wanting photos. They now go to the back of the queue, and as my friends observed last week - Tom was dismissive of those who hadn’t seen the play. The first thing he asked most people was, ‘what did you think of the play?’ and those who said they hadn’t seen it were ushered away"

Not sure if any of this is true, maybe the pressure's getting to him?

by Anonymousreply 57212/25/2013

You Tom Hiddleston fans are fucking psychotic.

Fuck off, OP.

by Anonymousreply 57312/25/2013

R559 One of them is definitely not on Haverstock Hill and I'm quite sure that's the one the others were referring too also

by Anonymousreply 57412/25/2013

[quote] "Tom actually got quite sarcastic with one fan who just took a picture right in his face and he said to her, ‘No photos! Oh - you’re taking one anyway are you? OKaaaaay’. *shakes head* "

Took him long enough...

by Anonymousreply 57512/25/2013

R572 Where did you read that. I only know he told two fans "You don't know me" But another fan reported a couple days ago she spoke to him a little and told him "I love you" to which he replied "You too"

Maybe it just depends on the fan. I imagine if they are semi attractive he is pretty nice to them. If they are annoying and unattractive he probably doesn't care as much.

by Anonymousreply 57612/25/2013

[R576] Wow, although it is common human behaviour to be nicer to the good looking people, if that observation was true of TH, and if his fans realise it, would really really suck (for them I mean). Guess he could be tired of being nice all the time.

by Anonymousreply 57712/25/2013

I'd love to know where you saw this. I don't think TH cares about any of his fans. He's just playing the game. If he is developing some backbone at last and learning to set limits, this is a good thing. The stans have gotten out of hand.

I would not believe any rumors about upcoming projects until LW issues a press release and it appears on his imdb. Trust me, if there were any truth to this, He would be tweeting and name-dropping from the rooftops.

I'd love to know more about the fans brazen enough to stalk him in his neighborhood. That is all kinds of fucked up. Who are gees people? What do the locals think of this?

by Anonymousreply 57812/25/2013

R578 Agree with you that if rumours are true, LW would be making it more public. And I have noticed that the tweeting has dwindled by quite a bit. TH looks like he's finally setting boundaries. It could be because of the recent stalking and video-taking.

Really screwed up to follow a guy around like that I feel. Don't think the locals would care much cos they are not the ones being filmed/stalked. And there are always a few crazies around as well.... not just TH fans, but any other celeb's fans may be inclined to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 57912/25/2013

People following around celebs like that give me the creeps. And don't they realise that the very celebrities they covet so much are probably not going to be very receptive?!

I think some fangirls need new hobbies.

by Anonymousreply 58012/25/2013

I think they just need to use some common sense but unfortunately in this day and age common sense is really dwindling. I will kind of be glad when Coriolanus will be over.

by Anonymousreply 58112/25/2013

R582 I checked out IMBD and didn't see anything partaining to an imploding superfan. Maybe the post was deleted. What was the fan upset about?

by Anonymousreply 58312/25/2013

R583 Not that commenter, but I think they're talking about a girl who ended up deleting her account after a long post she made concerning the whole 'you don't know me' thing at the stage door that weirded out some people.

by Anonymousreply 58412/26/2013

That is the one, but she appears to be back. I didn't look all that closely. It sounds like TH's sudden less-than-cuddly reception of his fans at the stage door is upsetting a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 58612/26/2013

You don't know me is one of the nicer things you can say to someone who obsesses over you with no legit basis. If it was me I would probably go apeshit on them after 2 days.

by Anonymousreply 58712/26/2013

R587 Yes, I thought "You don't know me" was quite polite and legit. Perhaps they expected a "Yes I love you too" response, which is super weird IMO and I would freak out if a celeb replies in that way to me....but then again, I won't even start with the "I love you" bit to begin with.... Sorry, am rambling abit now.... Am blaming it on the holiday season and wine :D

by Anonymousreply 58812/26/2013

R542, I already created a thread about London theatre. The link is below.

And other than rumors on Tumblr, there is nothing anywhere confirming anything about TH appearing in Dr Who. I also haven't seen anything anywhere to confirm him saying anything to fans except for the "You don't know me" response to some idiot proclaiming her love for him. I don't think what R472 has heard is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 58912/26/2013

I wonder why he lied to his stans about his girlfriend? It's not like he's even that famous.

by Anonymousreply 59012/26/2013

I don't know about gf, but this guy has definitely something to hide

by Anonymousreply 59212/26/2013

R592 Er, hide what???? Thought we'd established that rumours are rumours and pure speculation only.

by Anonymousreply 59312/26/2013

I wasn't talking about gf, I meant him

by Anonymousreply 59412/26/2013

"I told Tom Hiddleston I loved him to which he replied something to the effect of ‘you too’ with a chuckle as he was signing and put this love heart… I heard he told another girl ‘you don’t know me’ maybe it’s because of the context she put it in maybe she shouted it at him… I mean I said it after having a great conversation about how cool Shakespeare is and that he’s awesome for being geek cool ;) …Perhaps he was having a stressful day but, that doesn’t mean he’s rude and not a gentleman because of this as I’ve seen people say! In the fan encounters I’ve witnessed of him first hand and on YouTube he seems nothing but we’ll mannered and polite… And why hate on the girl too, no she doesn’t know him but she was just expressing how many of the fandom feel towards him, it could have been much worse… Not like she stripped naked, jumped on him and hid cuffed herself to him! ;D …Can’t the fandom just get along!"

This girl had a different experience. Could TH just have been having a stressful day that other time or is the more annoying fans getting to him?

by Anonymousreply 59512/26/2013

R591 and how do you know he's not lying?

by Anonymousreply 59712/26/2013

R596 that's what I meant, he cares a lot of his perfect image, why? What is he hiding?

by Anonymousreply 59812/26/2013

R597 When somebody makes an assumption is up to that somebody to provide evidence to support it and disprove the opposite. I don't see any prove that he did so to me he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 59912/26/2013

R596 It is when you start watching THs interviews and such on youtube. That is where you start to see it. There is something about him that tends to pull so many in. He seems to be very good at using his body language and speech to entice you. Watching his movies is one thing but when you start to go deeper than that, that is where it really starts.

R597 We don't know anything really. Just what he lets others see.

by Anonymousreply 60012/26/2013

R595 doesn't make sense either to say "you too" in response to someone that he doesn't know even though she says she loves him. even if there is some "context" i.e. cos of their mutual admiration for shakespeare etc etc. fact is, they don't know each other enough to "love" each other, even if "love" is used in the loosest sense possible?

that's how i read it, but i could be overanalysing.

i tend to agree that he's pandering and picks and chooses which fans he wants to pander to. it could be dependent on his mood for that day, or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 60112/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!