Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why does Nikki Finke censor the comments on her website?

Earlier this week she had a snarky item about how Variety was so terrible for writing in advance of their openings that there would be TWO Ryan Reynolds bombs this weekend.

Well, that report was absolutely correct, and when I mentioned it in the comments section of the BO report, it posted but was then soon deleted.

So I posted again, and it, too, vanished.

How come Nikki can dish it out but can't take even a little chiding?

by Anonymousreply 907/24/2013

Finke is famously brittle.

by Anonymousreply 107/21/2013

OP that site is moderated and they obviously aren't going to post someone calling Nikki out on a wrong prediction.

BTW your comment was most likely never posted, it was just shown as "pending" and trashed when they saw that it was critical of Nikki.

They usually don't go back and redact something once its been posted, although I did once post something as "Matt Bomer's bag of frozen peas" that was deleted after staying up for a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 207/21/2013

I'm disappointed. I thought she had more integrity.

by Anonymousreply 307/21/2013

In Hollywood, very few -- if any -- have integrity.

Everyone always has to be first and right and if someone doesn't agree with them, well, then they're out!

It's sad and scary.

by Anonymousreply 407/21/2013

Nikki is a sociopath like the rest of them. That's why she was fired, because she fancied herself a modern day Louella Parsons who could bully and threaten people for scoops.

by Anonymousreply 507/21/2013

Yeah, I've had my comments deleted or censored too. Not even necessarily when they're critical, but sometimes when they correct misinformation. Deadline's sister site TVLine will leave correction comments up and thank the posters. Deadline, on the other hand, acts as if the incorrect information was never posted. I find it odd and off-putting, but if you follow the blog at all it's clear Nikki has an enormous ego. Just look at her ridiculous feud with Sharon Waxman/The Wrap. It's totally immature and unprofessional, but Nikki can't help herself.

by Anonymousreply 607/21/2013

Why does DL, OP?

by Anonymousreply 707/21/2013

R6, that happened to me too. They announced production of a movie based upon the Seven Wonders of the World and used a photo of the Taj Mahal. I posted that the Taj was not one of the seven wonders, and they removed the picture and replaced it with a photo of the pyramids, but didn't include my post or credit me.

by Anonymousreply 807/21/2013

Not so nice, Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 907/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.