Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Witnesses on Six Flags Over Texas Roller Coaster Death: 'That Could Have Been Me'

Authorities are working to determine if a woman was not properly secured in her seat after she fell to her death from an amusement park roller coaster in Arlington, Texas.

A woman, whose name has not been released, was riding the Texas Giant roller coaster at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas, with her son when she apparently fell out of her seat at around 6:30 p.m. local time Friday.

by Anonymousreply 15007/25/2013

"It would be a disservice to the family to speculate regarding what transpired. When we have new information to provide, we will do so."

Won't they even tell us what was on her iPod?

by Anonymousreply 107/20/2013

I miss the girl who lost her feet.

by Anonymousreply 207/20/2013

I think these roller coasters are inherently dangerous and should all be shut down.

by Anonymousreply 307/20/2013

"I'll Fly Away"

by Anonymousreply 507/20/2013

Oh, it's Arlington, not Arlen.

I was feeling real bad for Peg and Bobby.

by Anonymousreply 607/20/2013

r4, her identity hasn't been released but I'm betting that she wa a white evangelical Republican who refused to believe in physics, thought restraints on roller coasters were a Big Government intrusion on her personal freedom and was demonstrating to her son how prayer alone could keep them in their seats.

by Anonymousreply 707/20/2013

Bad guess, R7. Her name is Rosy Esparza, and this is a picture of her.

by Anonymousreply 807/20/2013

Love Rollercoaster - The Ohio Players

Spinning Wheel - Blood, Sweat & Tears

"Click"-ety Clack - The Kalin Twins

by Anonymousreply 907/20/2013

I love Six Flags and roller coasters, but I hope the family sues the hell out of six flags for this tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 1007/20/2013

Poor Rosy. But restraints can only take so much resistance before they snap.

by Anonymousreply 1107/20/2013

Sorry she died. Sadly parks will now prohibit obese folks from riding. Another way to discriminate against fatties.

by Anonymousreply 1207/20/2013

Judging from the photo, her weight may have been the culprit. They probably didn't lock the restraint arm all the way down on her because she was too obese. The ride attendant was probably too embarrassed to tell her she was too big to ride, or too embarrassed to push the bar all the way down on her stomach.

by Anonymousreply 1307/20/2013

This is a repeat of the accident on Perilous Plunge at Knott's Berry Farm - a mother with kids too fat to fit into a seat, a teenage operator too embarrassed to say she can't ride. The family will sue and will win, but no amount of money can fix the kids damaged psyche.

by Anonymousreply 1507/20/2013

Can you imagine sitting behind her and watching her fly out of her seat into the air? What would you do?

Back in 1999, a boat in the Roaring Rapids ride at Six Flags flipped over and one of the riders drowned.

by Anonymousreply 1607/20/2013

Amusement Park - 50 Cent

You Could Have Been With Me - Sheena Easton

Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC

by Anonymousreply 1707/20/2013

[quote]Can you imagine sitting behind her and watching her fly out of her seat into the air? What would you do?

I'd fucking duck.

by Anonymousreply 1807/20/2013

She was way to fat to ride. I love roller coasters and ride them frequently. I'm amazed at how people attempt to stuff themselves into seats are obviously too small to contain them. Some rides do have seats made for fatties but I guess this wasn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 2007/20/2013

[quote]They probably didn't lock the restraint arm all the way down

I was always under the impression the train cant leave the loading station unless all the restraints are locked. Its kind of scary to think that may not be so.

by Anonymousreply 2107/20/2013

Didn't she see Final Destination #3???

by Anonymousreply 2307/20/2013

Wa Tu Fat

She Fli Wa

by Anonymousreply 2407/20/2013

Is there an engineer on the board?

My high school physics teacher swore to us that the engineers who design roller coasters have to design them so it's impossible to fall out--even if you're not wearing the seat belt.

Supposedly, when you go upside down in a loop, the velocity of the cars is such that if you started to fall out (meaning vertically down), the speed of the back of your chair would keep you inside your car.

(He would demonstrate this by pouring water in a bucket and swinging it in a vertical loop over his head. The speed of his arm swinging would keep the water from falling on his head.)

So is this an engineering law? How did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 2507/20/2013

I read that her restraint bar popped up while the coaster was plunging down one of the big drops. Only her bar popped up, so I'm guessing that her weight kept the bar from fully locking into place.

by Anonymousreply 2607/20/2013

Witnesses are saying that she was concerned she wasn't strapped in properly before the ride started. She asked the attendant who brushed her concerns aside.

I'm seeing a big lawsuit coming up.

by Anonymousreply 2707/20/2013

I don't think there will be a successful lawsuit here--all of those, "you are prohibited from riding if you have larger than a xx chest," are there for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 2807/20/2013

I threw up on the Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios Orlando. It was horrible. And I almost threw up on the Star Wars ride at MGM Studios Orlando.

by Anonymousreply 2907/20/2013

R28 While going through a loop the centrifugal force does keep you in your seat. However any drop or dip where you get what coaster enthusiasts call "air time" is a different matter. You are at that point in a free fall and the only thing keeping you from flying out is the restraints.

by Anonymousreply 3007/20/2013

Try harder bitches!

by Anonymousreply 3107/20/2013

Witnesses said their safety bars all clicked three times but her's clicked only once. She noticed and told the ride attendant who assured her that everything was alright.

by Anonymousreply 3207/20/2013

Ride attendant: the job line starts behind me.

by Anonymousreply 3307/20/2013

I used to have a large chest and stomach and went on the pirate ship at Busch Gardens ... you know the ride that does a full circle and leaves you hanging upside down at the time? Well I was pissed because the restraint bar was really tight ... so tight it was hard for me to breathe.

I'm not so pissed anymore.

I also lost a bunch of weight.

by Anonymousreply 3407/20/2013

[quote]I think these roller coasters are inherently dangerous and should all be shut down.

How do you feel about the interstate highway system?

by Anonymousreply 3507/20/2013

Fat people cannot fit on most thrill rides. That's why you don't see them at places like Six Flags.

[quote]Witnesses said their safety bars all clicked three times but her's clicked only once. She noticed and told the ride attendant who assured her that everything was alright.

Well, at least her family is going to be rich.

by Anonymousreply 3607/20/2013

[quote] Well, at least her family is going to be rich.

Especially with at least one witness who heard her expressing concern about the restraint and the S7 employee shrugging it off. S7 is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 3707/20/2013

Maybe we should stop accommodating and "normalizing" obesity. If you're too fat, you can't ride.

by Anonymousreply 3807/20/2013

[quote]Fat people cannot fit on most thrill rides. That's why you don't see them at places like Six Flags.

Im pretty sure have seen both fat people and thrill rides at Six Flags.

by Anonymousreply 3907/20/2013

Her son was with her? How horrible.

by Anonymousreply 4007/20/2013

I see obese people jamming onto rides at our local amusement park all of the time.

The park has even put seats/restraints outside of the lines so people can see if they "fit" before they get in line to ride. Not a whole lot of people do it - they figure they'll just get on and the attendants won't tell them to get off for being too fat.

Really - she knew she was obese so why did she insist on riding if she couldn't fit in the ride?

by Anonymousreply 4107/20/2013

What was on her iPod?

by Anonymousreply 4207/20/2013

I don't make fun of poor or middle-class fat people because there are many variables to their problems.

Medications, living in a dangerous neighborhood, eating cheap, processed food, being raised that way, etc., all contribute to obesity.

It the ultra-rich like Oprah and Michael Moore who can afford private chefs and personal trainers that I insult.

by Anonymousreply 4307/20/2013

While on the subject...great scene. 0:47 is a timely moment considering the thread...

by Anonymousreply 4407/20/2013

R43, one of the main culprits is high fructose corn syrup. Most sugar is processed in the pancreas but HFCS is processed in the liver which can't handle it, so it's stored as fat.

This is why poor people are so fat...they can't afford the food that doesn't have this ingredient. For example, mayonnaise. Many of the expensive brands have discontinued the use of this substance but cheaper store brands include it.

The cheaper the food the more HFCS.

by Anonymousreply 4507/20/2013

R45 You are correct, however, I was very surprised to find a really inexpensive brand of tomato sauce that has NO sugar, no HFCS in it. Ferratto's. They sell it at discount places like Save A Lot. Just tomato, onions, garlic peppers and olive oil. Its really good too.

by Anonymousreply 4607/20/2013

Well, she was incredibly obese and bound to die of un-sue-able causes, so this has turned out quite well for them.

by Anonymousreply 4707/20/2013

Up, up and Away -- 5th Dimension

Get Off Of My Cloud -- Rolling Stones

Falling -- Roy Orbison

by Anonymousreply 4807/20/2013

Let The Good Times Roll

by Anonymousreply 4907/20/2013

Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds - Beatles

Gonna Fly Now - Theme from Rocky

Magic Carpet Ride - Steppinwolf

Eight Miles High -- The Byrds

I'm an Eagle -- ABBA

Up Where We Belong -- Joe Cocker

by Anonymousreply 5007/20/2013

"There were 1,204 ride-related injuries reported in the United States in 2011 — about 4.3 for every million visitors — according to the National Safety Council’s most recent data. Of those, 61 were deemed serious, the March 2013 report said, and roller coasters accounted for 405 injuries.

"Fatalities were not listed in the report, which was prepared for Alexandria, Va.-based International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions. Also, only 144 of the 383 amusement facilities with rides in the United States responded to the survey."

by Anonymousreply 5107/20/2013

I'll Tumble 4 Ya -- Culture Club

by Anonymousreply 5207/20/2013

I remember there was a rumor that the roller coaster "Big Bend" had jumped the track...

It was a cool ride at the time and when I looked up the statistics online.. It's speed reached a peak of 40mph...

by Anonymousreply 5307/20/2013

Tom Petty, Free Fallin'

by Anonymousreply 5407/20/2013

The brand is called Ferrattos, R46?

by Anonymousreply 5507/20/2013

I hate amusement parks. I've never been amused by one.

by Anonymousreply 5607/20/2013

I witnessed a death on the boardwalk at a water park in Ocean City NJ. They did everything they could to keep that from getting out. It was a black teenage girl who died.

by Anonymousreply 5707/20/2013

Rosalita (jump a little lighter)

by Anonymousreply 5807/20/2013

[quote] The brand is called Ferrattos,

Yews, but it is only available at SaveALot stores, as it is one of their house brands.

by Anonymousreply 5907/20/2013

Ah--But have you seen the fat people on the rides?

Of course there will be some--most likely accompanying people who do fit. But the percentage of fatties at 6F is much lower than the general population

by Anonymousreply 6007/21/2013

The next cunt to drag Obama or Zimmerman into an unrelated thread needs fucking shot. I red an article about Linda Lovelace fucking a dog and the comments sections still managed to bash Obama!

by Anonymousreply 6207/21/2013

Lighten up, R62. As tragic as both situations are, I still chuckled at R61's post.

by Anonymousreply 6307/21/2013

Odd they let her ride at all. At universal they have seats in front of all the rides and you have to see if you fit in the restraint (like Harry Potter) if not they don't let you ride. Same goes for Cedar Point in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 6407/21/2013

There are companies that actually hire people to go around to internet forums posting right-wing political messages, r62. Rush Limbaugh owns one.

by Anonymousreply 6507/21/2013

[quote]Maybe we should stop accommodating and "normalizing" obesity.

This sounds so much like those anti gay marriage people.

by Anonymousreply 6607/21/2013

OH, bull fucking shit, R66. No one ever died (I hope) from being gay and getting married. I am about as fat as that woman (pictured); I would NEVER think of going on ANY ride. If she couldn't figure that out, I think if would have been nice of 6 Flags to have some "warning"/testing in place. And hello:she'd still be alive.

by Anonymousreply 6707/21/2013

I am fat and eat high quality, organic foods. No hfcs.

by Anonymousreply 6807/21/2013

R65 you're probably correct. I have a couple of fools on my facebook who spouts off whatever right wing garbage is currently in fashion. They have identical outrage using the same phrases and every single situation is somehow Obama's fault. It's like they're little freeper robots repeating whatever their master tells them to post. I've blocked them from my newsfeed.

by Anonymousreply 7207/21/2013

[quote]That's like a Chinese woman getting killed at a go-cart track.

Or a runway

by Anonymousreply 7307/21/2013

I believe I can fly- R. Kelly

by Anonymousreply 7407/21/2013

[quote]There are companies that actually hire people to go around to internet forums posting right-wing political messages, [R62]. Rush Limbaugh owns one.

I doubt that. What is the point of paying someone to post here? The reason they raise the same points is that's how the Republican Party operates. Talking points for the day are circulated. As for Limbaugh, there is a reason they call his listeners "Dittoheads."

The right wing operates on slogans and shifting the topic to something they want to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 7507/21/2013

Fallin by Alicia Keys

by Anonymousreply 7607/21/2013

I'm amazed nobody else was hurt when that poor enormous woman hit the ground. A photo has just been leaked and it's terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 7707/21/2013

Am I a total MARY! to say that this makes me rethink going on roller coasters or other thrill rides (not that I do it very often, anyway)? The part about her saying she didn't think the restraint was secure and the employee responding that it was fine sort of makes it hit home to me that when you get on these rides, you are basically putting your life in the hands of the people who run the ride, some of whom do not seem like people I really want to trust with my life.

by Anonymousreply 7807/21/2013

Most fat people are wise enough to know there are certain things they just shouldn't do.

I bet her kids talked her into doing it.

by Anonymousreply 7907/21/2013

I'd like to pinch R61's head off.

by Anonymousreply 8007/21/2013

I hope you're wrong R79, because their heads are going to be fucked up enough from this without that kind of mind fuck.

by Anonymousreply 8107/21/2013

This place has been constantly bombarded by sockpuppets for years, R75.

by Anonymousreply 8207/21/2013

Sockpuppets? What the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 8307/21/2013

"At this point the investigation into what went wrong on the Texas Giant that led to Esparza's ejection and death Friday evening is being conducted only by Six Flags Over Texas."

by Anonymousreply 8407/21/2013

R69, I will cop to being fat and looking like a manatee but I am NOWHERE near stupid. But if that makes you feel better...

by Anonymousreply 8507/21/2013

R84: and isn't that fishy?

by Anonymousreply 8607/21/2013

R2, I had a huge fight with a friend over that girl. He said 'everything happens for a reason.'

I was like: that? Even that?

by Anonymousreply 8707/21/2013

My conservative brother-in- law has recently started posting Ayn Rand quotes on his facebook.

I can't block him again without causing a family grudge.

by Anonymousreply 8807/21/2013

This is so beyond tragic.

For all of you making fun--shame on you.

Poor woman. She knew the fucking harness wasn't locked in. She was on the ride knowing she would fall out and die.

Boycott these chickenshit parks who employ retards.

by Anonymousreply 8907/21/2013

"At this point the investigation into what went wrong on the Texas Giant that led to Esparza's ejection and death Friday evening is being conducted only by Six Flags Over Texas."

WTF? Shouldn't the police be involved to determine if there was criminal negligence on anyone's part? Is this a Texas "We love small government!" thing?

by Anonymousreply 9007/21/2013

R78--Do you also freak out every time you drive, because you are at far more risk from far stupider people than you would be on a theme park ride. On average, one guest a year is killed in a roller coaster accident in the US out of 900 million rides.

by Anonymousreply 9107/21/2013

Question, R85/67 if you're "nowhere near stupid" how is it you allow yourself to look like a manatee. Overweight is one thing, but when you get to manatee status, that's another. You can eat healthy and still be overweight. You cannot be eating healthy and be obese enough to look like a manatee. No intelligent person would let it get to that point, there is surgery for this, if your intelligence hasn't allowed for a job well paid enough to get it, insurance does. Even Medicare pays for it.

by Anonymousreply 9207/21/2013

I went to Sex Flags a few years ago and it was mostly low-class people. It seems like nicer people go to Disney World.

by Anonymousreply 9307/21/2013

Next time go to six flags. Less trashy.

by Anonymousreply 9407/21/2013

I went to six fags. A good time was had by all.

by Anonymousreply 9507/21/2013

[quote]Especially with at least one witness who heard her expressing concern about the restraint and the S7 employee shrugging it off. S7 is fucked.

What the hell is S7?

by Anonymousreply 9607/21/2013

R92, intelligence has little to do with it. Depression is often a factor with weight gain.

Surgery should only be done as a last resort. There can be complications. A guy at my last job died in the hospital after having the surgery.

Also, there are many possible side effects. Without changing one's eating and exercise habits, the surgery is useless.

by Anonymousreply 9707/21/2013

R97 come on. If you look like a manatee, this IS a last resort. Do something! Even a depressed person can eat right, I've seen it done.

by Anonymousreply 9807/21/2013

And of COURSE r61 & r70 take that quote and run with it.

It's hilarious how fucking predictable you freepers are!

by Anonymousreply 10007/21/2013

Fat Bottomed Girls you make the rockin world go round.

by Anonymousreply 10107/21/2013

r89 I do feel sorry for the woman and her kids but I have a hard time applying the word "tragic" to any situation where the victim should have known better.

There's a reason why every theme park I've been to has size test seats and "you must be this tall to ride" signs at the start of every thrill ride line.

Personally, I would get the hell off of any ride if I had even the most remote feeling I wasn't properly restrained for any reason. Who knows why this woman didn't.

Six Flags bears the brunt of the blame for not enforcing their own rules but the victim should have also known there are some things you can't do when you're that obese.

by Anonymousreply 10207/21/2013

[quote] you are basically putting your life in the hands of the people who run the ride,

Speaking of which, the carnies have been doing a good job lately. I haven't heard of someone getting killed or hurt at a church carnival in years.

by Anonymousreply 10307/21/2013

Probably 40% of the men who ride that ride weighed more than she did. This accident was not about obesity.

by Anonymousreply 10707/22/2013

I'm surprised these amusement parks aren't putting some extra-large seats into their rides.

And I'm not "condoning obesity", I'm saying that these parks are in the business of making money - not enforcing lifestyle changes. Fat people's spending money is the same as anyone else's.

by Anonymousreply 10907/22/2013

Parks should have special rides for the obese. Perhaps a reinforced stool that slowly rotates around the buffet table. People would be willing to pay extra for such a ride since the exertion of having to walk around the table is a major detraction.

by Anonymousreply 11007/22/2013

she was too fat for the restraints to hold her

by Anonymousreply 11107/22/2013

Some parks do have seats made for fatties, Sheikra at Busch Gardens has a few seats mixed in that accommodate larger people. Kumba also has a train car in the center that accommodates both big and talls.

I hate it when I end up having to sit on the fat seats on Skeikra because there is too much space and I end up getting thrown around more than I would like while riding.

There is a kids glider like ride that has a weigh station it does not give your actual weight but has a safe zone that you must fall within to ride and everybody is weighed before being allowed to ride unless your a little kid. I think rides should start adding bigger seats and adding weigh stations at every attraction.

by Anonymousreply 11207/22/2013

ipod cont'd:

Summer Fling by k.d. lang

Cannonball by the Breeders

by Anonymousreply 11307/22/2013

R88, you can block his news feed without anyone knowing. I grew up in TN and AL and believe you me, I have had to do that with quite a few bitches.

by Anonymousreply 11507/22/2013

I'm not sure if that is possible R114 because of physics.

by Anonymousreply 11607/22/2013

"What is the point of paying someone to post here?"

Controlling opinion. Little breeders need jobs and they think your opinion is worth a whole lot more than you apparently do.

by Anonymousreply 11707/22/2013

[quote] Probably 40% of the men who ride that ride weighed more than she did. This accident was not about obesity.

It is about obesity. Men are taller than women; the weight is distributed differently. Women have more abdominal fat, especially menopausal women. So she may have weighed less than a man, but her abdomen was larger than that of a heavier male.

My mother weighs 200 lbs. She's 5'2." A 6 ft tall man who weighs 200 lbs has nowhere near my mother's abdominal circumference.

by Anonymousreply 11807/22/2013

R25: your teacher was bullshitting you. I hope you don't really need an engineer to explain that to you.

Have you ever been on a roller coaster? They're not just loops. Sheer drops at high velocity most certainly could send one flying out of their seat.

Your teacher might have demonstrated that by dropping a bucket of water off of an 8 story building. Would the water stay in the bucket then?

by Anonymousreply 11907/22/2013

R25's teacher is old and out of touch. He clearly didn't have any clue that modern roller coasters go up side down.

by Anonymousreply 12007/22/2013

I thought all modern roller coasters had alarms and safety mechanisms that would not allow carts to move if all the restraining devices weren't engaged.

by Anonymousreply 12207/22/2013

Obese poster upthread here. I actually AGREE with R105:I feel bad when I take up too much space on a bus next to someone - I aim for aisle seat and scrunch over as much as possible. On the rare occasionI have stepped one someone's foot, I felt horrible and apologized profusely. I have seen people quickly exchange one seat for a "heavier" one - in their apt or office; I don't say a word. I agreed with SW Airlines when they (do they still?) started making people who don't literally fit easily into a seat, but two seats.

But thank you R97 for pointing out it's not that easy to lose weight; has NOTHING to do with intelligence (years ago in my former small town, the town doctor - and you know doctors have education! - was both way-overweight and a smoker. Widowed at a young age; wife and later 2 young sons, all died of leukemia.)

Few years after his mother died, he fell more into despair and shot himself; poor 2nd wife (whose 1st husband had been electrocuted) had to find his body.

So this fat dr. had his issues. I am working with a therapist and shrink to find out why I am over 300 at 5 ft. 1. Poster who said, "not very intelligent!" - I completely see your point.

But I think addiction - and there is no other word for it; I have gotten that bad; no better than a drunk or a drug addict - is outside of intelligence. I am willing to think (pace another thread) that Cory Monteith was quite intelligent; Robert Downey jr., etc., etc.

Which does NOT excuse me looking hideous, agree.

But thanks to R97 for pointing out there are a LOT of potential problems with the several weight-stapling, etc., surgeries. I have an aquaintance out west, and a neighbor in my building, who each had it and are doing very well; one, several years later. But I know of (not personally) people who have died, and people who started eating again and gained it all back, even with such surgery.

In my case: have other health issues; dr doesn't think I would be a good candidate; nutritionist, shrink and therapist point out I'm an "emotional eater" and surgery might not ultimately do any good.

Sorry to go on and on. In short, I continue to completely agree that this woman should NOT have gotten on the ride. Someone upthread wondered if her kids encouraged her: God, I hope not, but hopefully someone will explain to them that THEY're not to blame for (a) wanting that or (b) park's ultimate negligence for not LETTING their overweight mother get on.

(ANd I am going to try HARDER to lose weight!)

by Anonymousreply 12307/22/2013

This poor woman is not to blame, her family is not to blame, the blame is squarely on the ride operator and the park.

She paid her money in good faith that she would not DIE on one of the rides. No one goes to DIE at an amusement park.

I find this horrifying.

And before anyone calls her out for being to fat, how do you know about this woman's life?

Maybe she was celebrating some recent weight loss and wanted to finally go on a rollercoaster?

Or maybe she felt left out not joining her children on the rides and just decided to go on to be with them.

Or maybe she felt that she didn't have much time left--perhaps she was diabetic, or had cancer, heart disease--and wanted to enjoy her final few years doing things with her children.

To make light of her weight and low status in life is cruel and I hateful.

If you want to make fun of Oprah that's a different story.

Bu this poor woman clearly has had a difficult life, only to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 12507/22/2013

I would like to add, R123, that for the first week or so you will be tempted to give up as you go through carb withdrawal. The cravings will be intense, but you need to just white knuckle through it. Once you get to the other side, you will be amazed at how little hunger and cravings you feel and you will have boundless energy. You can go a whole day not even thinking about food and having to remind yourself to eat.

Do it!

by Anonymousreply 12707/22/2013

Oh, the humanatee.

by Anonymousreply 12807/22/2013

How the fuck did this thread become about fat people and weight loss?

by Anonymousreply 12907/22/2013

Rosy Esparza was a MOM! That was the most important thing about her.

by Anonymousreply 13007/22/2013

[quote]CHrist, everyone from Obama to these witnesses is into the "could have been me" horseshit, aren't they?

Everyone but sociopaths like you. The rest of us call this emotion that you lack "empathy".

by Anonymousreply 13107/22/2013

[quote]You can go a whole day not even thinking about food and having to remind yourself to eat.

Anyone else find this sentence disturbing?

by Anonymousreply 13207/22/2013

Why would it be disturbing to you, R132? A person living with food addiction doesn't know what it feels like to go an hour without obsessing about food. To go until 2pm and forget that you haven't eaten and remind yourself to have a late lunch is an incredibly freeing feeling.

Replace the word "food" with herion or alcohol in that sentence and see if you still think it's ~ disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 13307/22/2013

R124 and R126 speak the unpalatable truth (pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 13407/22/2013

What's especially tragic is that she survived the fall and was hit by a rescue vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 13507/22/2013

r121 etc. (has several posts on this thread) is apparently obese and a freeper. Big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 13607/22/2013

Geez, what a nasty piece of cunt r124 is.

by Anonymousreply 13707/22/2013

As food prices go up, wages go down and more people get used to going without non-emergency medical care, you'll see fewer people who are that big.

by Anonymousreply 13807/22/2013

But how did she actually die? Are there any gross and bloody pictures to see?

by Anonymousreply 13907/22/2013

What must she have been thinking when she flew out of the seat and was falling? It was a long fall so she had a LOT of time to think. She must have thought I knew it, I knew the restraint wasn't fastened correctly. She must have thought of her children, her regrets in life.

by Anonymousreply 14007/23/2013

Probably in shock R140, so not thinking much except to instinctively scream.

by Anonymousreply 14107/23/2013

R140 shows that the quality of DL trolls is at an all-time low.

Pa-thetic, dear!

by Anonymousreply 14207/23/2013

Show us pictures! We need PICTURES!!

by Anonymousreply 14307/24/2013

Maybe they should start selling those last-minute life insurance policies at the ride entrance, the way airports used to sell them in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 14507/25/2013

r100, the word freeper is overused on this website.

by Anonymousreply 14607/25/2013

I used to love roller coasters. Several years ago, I rode one of the new coasters (at the time) at Six Flags Magic Mountain. i think it was Batman the Ride. It was the first ride to strap you in by your shoulders or something like that. I don't remember the details but it was state of the art, brand new technology that was supposed to make you feel like you were flying. When the ride operator closed my restraints, there was a huge gap between my shoulders and the padding. I'm short but not too short to ride a coaster. I said "this isn't right" but the guy told me it was and I shouldn't worry.

Ride starts. The movement swings you sideways sort of, back and forth. Well, when the going got really good and fast, I started slipping out of my fucking seat. I was in really good shape at the time and thank god I was so strong. I wrapped my arms around the shoulder harness and held on for dear life. I believe, if I had not been so fit and strong, I would have died that day.

I said something to the ride workers when I got off but they dismissed my concerns, said the ride was supposed to be like that. I'm no dummy. It was not supposed to be like that. Since then, I have ridden three coasters, all under extreme protest. That was about 15 years ago. I won't ride another one. It's hard to describe the level of fear I felt when I was coming out of that seat. It made me realize that bad shit can happen even under "proper" conditions.

by Anonymousreply 14707/25/2013

R61 is hilarious. I w&w-ed him.

R147, scary shit. You must have been Thor. Glad you survived.

iPod? Catch Me I'm Falling by Pretty Poison

For the record, I've never seen weight restrictions on rides, only height.

Finally, to the poster trying to lose weight, best wishes. Ignore the ignorant. Some people will never understand nor will they try. Each of us have struggles and yours happens to be emotional eating. Break it down to one hour at a time. You'll have more opportunity for success. Myfitnesspal is a wonderful and free app that you might find useful. Really, good luck. You come across as a very likable person and i would bet you have many friends and admirers.

by Anonymousreply 14807/25/2013

I saw on CNN that she fell 75 feet, hit some kind of railing and landed on a building. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 14907/25/2013

Glad you survived it--terrible anecdote to have.

by Anonymousreply 15007/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!