Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Attention: Superman and Batman crossover movie announced to be released in 2015!

Christian Bale won't be returning as Batman, no real loss there.

Henry Cavill, however, will be returning. And Christopher Nolan isn't directing, Zack Snyder will be directing. Pity, because Snyder is a terrible director; I wish Nolan can direct it.

by Anonymousreply 16608/17/2013

Well that's going to be the most unintentionally homoerotic film of the decade!

by Anonymousreply 107/20/2013

How amazing would it be if Jake Gylenhaal became the new Batman?

I'll never ask for anything else again. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 207/20/2013

Great. More comic book hero bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 307/20/2013

It's what makes money, R3.

by Anonymousreply 407/20/2013

Yeah, if people like you stopped going to these stupid movies, maybe we could see some grownup films instead.

by Anonymousreply 507/20/2013

Calm down, R5. You'll get your grown-up art-house oscar-bait at the end of the year. Jeez, as if they don't make those kinds of films at all anymore.

by Anonymousreply 607/20/2013

Which guy will bottom? That's all I care about from this story.

Or are we supposed to believe that all superheros are versatile?

by Anonymousreply 707/20/2013

How the fuck do you know what I watch, R5?

I've got news for you: I don't go to superhero movies - I catch some of it on cable, that's about it.

I don't see the problem in other people wanting to watch it; it's escapism. Do you expect every movie to be some avant-garde film about Soviet-era Russia?

I was stating a fact about studios and why they do it. It's the same reason we're cursed with Adam Sandler.

by Anonymousreply 807/20/2013

The dumbing down of movie audiences continues.

by Anonymousreply 907/20/2013

Batman is all bottom, he has to give up control somehow

by Anonymousreply 1007/20/2013

BTW, my post @R2 has NOTHING to do with wanting to see Jake as Batman and everything to do with those two and their supposed history.....

by Anonymousreply 1107/20/2013

I love a good popcorn movie. I just wish we could have more that don't involve people in capes. I guess I should be used to Hollywood laziness by now.

by Anonymousreply 1207/20/2013

I'll only see it if I like the cast. Lately the action movies have had pathetic casts.

by Anonymousreply 1307/20/2013

Nolan is a lousy director...he has become lazy, relying on convoluted plots and deus ex machina plot holes.... most of his heradled movies, while innovative, were created in the editing room and not on the set. He's a gimmick hack as much as M. Night Shamalamdingdong

by Anonymousreply 1407/20/2013

It seems that Hollywood studios are taking inspiration from internet fandoms/geekdoms so much now that they decided to make a slash fiction movie.

by Anonymousreply 1507/20/2013

R1, no it won't. The director and script writer are both big-time homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 1607/20/2013

Link to their homophobia, R16.

They have a gay guy as Superman, don't they? Granted, a closeted one, but still gay.

by Anonymousreply 1707/20/2013

People are so over Nolan, but here we go again, Nolan will produce, and Goyer will write a shitty script for this.

by Anonymousreply 1807/20/2013

[quote]The dumbing down of movie audiences continues.

Meanwhile, you applaud television for airing such educational shows as "RuPaul's Drag Race."

by Anonymousreply 1907/20/2013

Nolan wasn't innovative. He just took Frank Miller's crap, sucked any comic book element out of it, and put it up on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 2007/20/2013

I will not be watching, especially if Nolan and Bale aren't involved. Henry Cavill can't carry a movie by himself.

by Anonymousreply 2107/20/2013

They're trying to compete with "The Avengers" one of the biggest and best films of all-time. They don't understand that people took to "The Avengers" in big part because they were sick of Nolan's dark, gritty, realistic comic book film world. "The Avengers" was bright, campy, humorous, and had everything that was missing from "The Dark Knight" series.

by Anonymousreply 2207/20/2013

[quote]I will not be watching, especially if Nolan and Bale aren't involved.

You actually thought Bale was a good Batman? What was with that ridiculous smoker's voice when he put the cape on?

Nolan's films aren't the comic book. He couldn't put the majority of the comic's villains into them because they wouldn't work in the environment he created. A film that was based on comic would have been able to.

by Anonymousreply 2307/20/2013

That's why they're adding Batman in this movie, r21, so that Cavill doesn't have to carry the whole thing by himself.

by Anonymousreply 2407/20/2013

r22, the last time people wanted to inject "campy humor" into Batman we got Batman Forever and Batman and Robin.

Batman is not supposed to be campy. It's supposed to be dark, gritty and gothic.

If you want cheese go watch Captain America or the Fantastic Four. Leave Batman to his gloomy self.

by Anonymousreply 2507/20/2013

[r19] Where the hell did you get the idea that I watch the RuPaul show? Reality television is just as bad as these fucking comic book movies.

I enjoy a good popcorn movie as the next person but I don't want a constant diet of it.

The films that come to the art houses/oscar bait are the kind of movies we would see ALL year, so anything intelligent or "good" has been pushed out by endless loud, CGI pieces of shit that offer only explosions, gun fights and mindless action.

by Anonymousreply 2607/20/2013

[quote][R22], the last time people wanted to inject "campy humor" into Batman we got Batman Forever and Batman and Robin.

"Batman Forever" was a hit, as were Burton's films, which were also camp.

[quote]Batman is not supposed to be campy. It's supposed to be dark, gritty and gothic.

How many comics have you read? Do you realize how many eras, how many interpretations of Batman there are?

The dark, gritty, gothic stuff started in the '80s thanks to Frank Miller.

by Anonymousreply 2707/20/2013

r27, Burton struck just the right amount of grit and camp. "Batman Returns" is my favorite in the entire franchise, for example. But you cannot defend Batman 3 and 4 to me. Just because something is a commercial hit does not make it inherently good.

by Anonymousreply 2807/20/2013

Honey, there are millions of films that are "intelligent" and "good" produced every year. They're just not made by Hollywood. Honestly, do you just rely on your local AMC to see movies?

Film is better than ever today, it's just not made by Hollywood. Hollywood buys up the independent features and distributes them.

People have been brainwashed into think that every film that is made, or is going to be made, is going to be made by Hollywood. Hollywood is only good for CGI films.

Talking about Oscars -- "The King's Speech" "The Artist," "The Queen," were not produced by Hollywood.

You really should make use of the internet and find amazing new films to watch.

by Anonymousreply 2907/20/2013

Batman is about darkness and pain. Always has been, always will be. Cavill was laughable as Superman, they need to recast.

by Anonymousreply 3007/20/2013

r28, I agree about Burton, and that was actually what I was originally referring to. Take note that I said 'camp' among other things. It's one element that should be added to the bunch.

People bring up the commercial aspect, and I was pointing out that the third film did actually make money, in fact, "The Avengers" is sort of like the third Batman. "The Avengers" is fun and bright. It's not pretentious. I love Batman having a social-tone to it, and I do love the gothic element, but Nolan's were not gothic, and they were pretentious as hell. It's as if he didn't want to make a comic book film, it was beneath him.

I want a cerebral "Batman" movie, but for Christ's sake, remind us that it's based on a comic book, and lighten the fuck up a tad!

by Anonymousreply 3107/20/2013

How much you want to bet James Franco auditions for Batman?!

by Anonymousreply 3207/20/2013

Cavill could be good under the right role and right direction. Being Superman was too obvious of a choice. Just because someone makes the spitting image doesn't mean it's right for them. He should have done some indie films and build up his reputation beyond The Tudors.

by Anonymousreply 3307/20/2013

R30 = Brandon Routh

Brandon, we have discussed this before. You need to step away from the computer and go on some auditions, son. That is the only way you'll ever really get over this.

by Anonymousreply 3407/20/2013

Well Brandon Routh was a better Superman, if you want to know the truth.

by Anonymousreply 3507/20/2013

Henry is going to be full-on bald then. I looked at his hairline in the Comic Con pictures and it's deteriorating quickly.

by Anonymousreply 3607/20/2013

[quote]Well Brandon Routh was a better Superman, if you want to know the truth.

Yes, Brandon, we get it already.

by Anonymousreply 3707/20/2013

[quote]Henry Cavill can't carry a movie by himself.

I didn't realize he was ever expected to. I mean wasn't he surrounded by Oscar winners/nominees specifically because he himself is there just to look pretty?

by Anonymousreply 3807/20/2013

Man of Steel may have made a lot of money, but the movie sucked beyond belief. It got nowhere near the amount of positive reviews batman did.

And Cavill again? Even people who liked it thought he was nothing to write home about.

by Anonymousreply 3907/20/2013

[quote]Great. More comic book hero bullshit.

Exactly. How much more of this shit do we need?

by Anonymousreply 4007/20/2013

Man of Steel has barely broken even. They still haven't recouped the advertising budget yet.

by Anonymousreply 4107/20/2013

[quote]Henry is going to be full-on bald then. I looked at his hairline in the Comic Con pictures and it's deteriorating quickly.

Such bullshit. You can go after the guy's acting and lack of charisma/personality and have a valid point, but this nonsense about going bald?

The shit he puts in his hair will inevitably reveal more scalp, but his hairline is fine. This was taken today (Stop acting like he looks like the guy on the right):

by Anonymousreply 4207/20/2013

[quote]They still haven't recouped the advertising budget yet.

Brandon, the film has recouped its budget in product tie-ins before it even hit theaters.

You are just being silly now. No wonder you can't get hired or anything. You have no idea how this industry works.

by Anonymousreply 4307/20/2013

It did so horribly that now they've announced a second one.

Why exactly do people want it to fail?

by Anonymousreply 4407/20/2013

R43 = Henry, on minute ten.

by Anonymousreply 4507/20/2013

You know what this means? More beards for Henry!

by Anonymousreply 4607/20/2013

R45, as I've just told you, he's going to be in another Superman movie. Will also be filming Man from UNCLE with Armie Hammer. He's now got a sizable following.

Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 4707/20/2013

R47 = Henry, still on minute ten.

Arnie's on number twelve.

by Anonymousreply 4807/20/2013

All of Synder's films include homophobic content. He said, in Premiere magazine, that he purposely tried to create a gay panic reaction to the villain in 300.

Goyer is the 'writer' who's turned DaVincvi into a ladies man, while including a gay pedophile in his story.

by Anonymousreply 4907/20/2013

R41 is right. The studio considered MOS not to have met their expectations.

by Anonymousreply 5007/20/2013

Henry isn't even at five r48. You might want to get used to seeing his face.

by Anonymousreply 5107/20/2013

I'm not Henry, R48, just stating a fact.

He's going to be in yet another blockbuster in the future and he's been discovered by people who are now obsessed with him and downloading The Tudors and every shit movie he's done prior to MoS to see what they've missed.

Better add some minutes to that timer.

by Anonymousreply 5207/20/2013

[quote]Nolan is a lousy director...he has become lazy, relying on convoluted plots and deus ex machina plot holes....

And how does this have anything to do with direction? Seems to me like the writer is the one responsible for plot and any resulting plot holes.

by Anonymousreply 5307/20/2013

The budget was $225,000,000.

It has made $280,888,962 so far in the US alone.

by Anonymousreply 5407/20/2013

[quote]Henry is going to be full-on bald then. I looked at his hairline in the Comic Con pictures and it's deteriorating quickly.

You weren't joking! My goodness!

by Anonymousreply 5507/20/2013

Lies! Lies, R54!

by Anonymousreply 5607/20/2013

R57 Keep telling yourself that. Pictures like the one at R55 don't lie.

Maybe he can get a toupee when it gets too bad in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 5807/20/2013

Superman and Batman together? OK, talk about jumping the shark.

Time to let these silly comic book movies lay to rest.

by Anonymousreply 5907/20/2013

Ironically, I remember hearing that Christopher Reeve also had problems with thinning hair and had to wear a wig for Superman and its sequels. I thought Cavill WAS wearing a wig in MOS.

by Anonymousreply 6007/20/2013

Uh, Superman and Batman have teamed up before r59. This doesn't come close to jumping the shark. Not that I really give a shit about this movie, I'm just saying.

by Anonymousreply 6107/20/2013

Oh dear r54. That was the production budget. Add another 100 million for advertising. A sequel has been greenlighted in the same way Green Lantern 2 was greenlighted, it is all done for legal reasons.

by Anonymousreply 6207/20/2013

His hairline may recede a bit, but he won't go Jude Law bald.

Here he is with his brothers, so you get an idea of how far back it may go. He'll be OK. Maybe a little added here and there, but nothing major:

by Anonymousreply 6307/20/2013

R63, link please.

by Anonymousreply 6407/20/2013

[quote]His hairline may recede a bit, but he won't go Jude Law bald.

What do you know? We have a psychic fangurl who thinks she can predict the future!

by Anonymousreply 6507/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 6607/20/2013

I'm no fangurl. I haven't even seen the movie, but I think to say he'll go completely bald like Jude Law is ridiculous. And even if he did, it won't happen for a good ten years.

by Anonymousreply 6707/20/2013

I don't know, but the one on the left and the second from the right in r66 look like they'll be closing in on "Jude Law bald" fairly soon. But maybe Henry will take after the other brothers.

by Anonymousreply 6807/20/2013

The one thing that got me when I was trying to find the picture of his brothers was the look of the mother. My aunt has five boys and has that same look: Utter Exhaustion.

by Anonymousreply 6907/20/2013

R29, just to clarify - are you saying that the best films around are NOT made by Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 7007/20/2013

Snyder is quoting Frank Miller's DKR as the inspiration for the characters. That book has the WORSE depiction of both characters, and they're enemies.

WB is destroying these characters.

by Anonymousreply 7107/20/2013

R72, are you one of those who thinks Henry has a womanly butt?

by Anonymousreply 7307/20/2013

I wonder which high profile British or Australian actor will be cast as Batman? A given being they won't cast some lesser talented American.

by Anonymousreply 7407/20/2013

I certainly am, R73. Henry Cavill has a delicious womanly butt, through which he lets rip some unholy stinkers.

by Anonymousreply 7507/20/2013

R75, why do you bring up such a disgusting topic in relation to his beautiful butt?

by Anonymousreply 7607/20/2013

Is love of flatulence really a fetish or is it just the ass from whence it came?

by Anonymousreply 7707/20/2013

R76, I like the thought of the vile, sizzling gas bombs being pinched off through the lips of Henry's lusciously round and muscular butt. Occasionally he apologies for his farty transgressions: "Excuse me Sir!" he often exclaims in his clipped, posh British accent, right as he cracks a string of bubbly rippers into the well-filled seat of his pants.

by Anonymousreply 7807/20/2013

I'm both disgusted and intrigued by R78.

by Anonymousreply 7907/20/2013

Cris Nolan may be the better director, but Snyder is the most fuckable. He is one hot piece of fuck.

by Anonymousreply 8007/20/2013

Wow, none of those Cavill brothers look alike at all. It looks like a pic of a frat house reunion.

by Anonymousreply 8107/20/2013

Get laid, r79, and then you wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 8207/20/2013

They do all look different, but all appear to have their mother's jawline. I wonder at what number delivery, she just said "For fuck's sake! Another one!?!

by Anonymousreply 8307/20/2013

Are my posts posting?

by Anonymousreply 8407/20/2013

R79, he does this in all threads about guys with womanly asses, like Henry's, and talk to another poster (perhaps himself) who also shares the same proclivities. It's not pretty and distracts from the specimen itself: the body of Cavill and the other celebs.

by Anonymousreply 8507/20/2013

"Are my posts posting?"

At least on, R84.

by Anonymousreply 8607/20/2013

We should all be so lucky to be this "bald" unless he's wearing a piece:

by Anonymousreply 8707/20/2013

Can you imagine all of the stiff sheets and towels that poor woman had to "clean up."

by Anonymousreply 8807/20/2013

R87 Nice try - of course it doesn't look bad from side pictures, but if you look at him straight-forward, you can see how bad it's receding in the corners.

by Anonymousreply 8907/20/2013

Wow, Henry's four brothers are downright average-looking. He's the only hot one. Genetics are so weird, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 9007/20/2013

Looking at that picture, I cannot believe he's only 30. Still hot as hell, but looks at least 34-35.

by Anonymousreply 9107/20/2013

Are the brothers a bunch of nasty farters like Henry?

by Anonymousreply 9207/20/2013

The brother standing next to Cavill is hot, at least I thought so in other pics of the fam.

by Anonymousreply 9307/20/2013

Gurl, please:

by Anonymousreply 9407/21/2013

Yeah, he is totally losing his hair. They probably had to put in a bunch pieces for the film.

by Anonymousreply 9507/21/2013

Henry was fat as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 9607/21/2013

[italic]Snyder is quoting Frank Miller's DKR as the inspiration for the characters. That book has the WORSE depiction of both characters, and they're enemies.

WB is destroying these characters.[/italic]

The "Dark Knight" Nolan trilogy = Frank Miller. The look, tone, backstory, etc, are Miller's.

by Anonymousreply 9707/21/2013

[quote]Cris Nolan may be the better director, but Snyder is the most fuckable. He is one hot piece of fuck.

Photo, cause I ain't finding any fuckable ones.

by Anonymousreply 9807/21/2013

I wonder if he will pudge out for the next one. Not be so trim

by Anonymousreply 9907/21/2013

Link to fat kid, please.

by Anonymousreply 10007/21/2013

R100, here you go. His nickname was "fat Cavill" when he was quite young and, when older "girly arse".

by Anonymousreply 10107/21/2013

Toupees have come a long way. If you have the money, you can get hairpieces that are so good they look totally natural.

by Anonymousreply 10207/21/2013

I don't see no stinkin' toupee. Granted, not as thick as it once was and he needs to cut back on the "product," but he looks good.

by Anonymousreply 10307/21/2013

Fat Cavill vs. Non-talent Routh.

I suppose one can always diet.

by Anonymousreply 10407/21/2013

OK, now post the picture of him when he was actually fat. All I see is a kid who's built like a little rugby player.

by Anonymousreply 10507/21/2013

R105, that's fat. Do you like bears and other fats? What I see is just a fat kid not a rugby player.

by Anonymousreply 10607/21/2013

Cavill was the one who said the kids called him "Fat Cavill." Maybe he made it up in an effort to give himself some depth and gravitas, or maybe it's true, but either way, it's not the fans who first said he looked fat.

by Anonymousreply 10707/21/2013

Then you've never seen the average rugby player. He's not even big enough to be a prop.

by Anonymousreply 10807/21/2013

R107, I don't know whether he made up "Fat Cavill", but what I do know for certain that one of his former classmates said he was known as "girly arse". She posted that before he was very well known.

by Anonymousreply 10907/21/2013

Cavill is attempting to create an image of himself so as to relate to the average Comic Con attendee.

Now Ryan Seacrest? He was a fat kid:

by Anonymousreply 11007/21/2013

I'm okay with who I am. You don't need to defend me r108.

by Anonymousreply 11107/21/2013

"Wow, Henry's four brothers are downright average-looking"

Well, they've all got the same big schnozz as the mother, and Henry's got a small and perfectly photogenic nose. Funny about that, huh.

by Anonymousreply 11207/21/2013

More fat Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 11307/21/2013

That's not a fat kid. He's not skinny, but he's not fat. He's a little block of a kid. And yeah, that's how rugby players are often built.

The 'fat cavill' thing is in his head. As a gay kid he was self conscious about his body.

by Anonymousreply 11407/21/2013

He was a fat kid. He lost the weight. Big deal, who cares. Lets talk about his hairline and his lack of charisma in MOS.

by Anonymousreply 11507/21/2013

Fat apologists? Did you see the picture of Seacrest as a child? That's fat.

There's a difference between chubby and fat. Even Cavill's face was normal-sized. He had thick thighs, that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 11707/21/2013

He was fat. People have gotten so used to fat around them that they think it's normal. No, he wasn't chubby and didn't have rugby body. I've seen many rugby players, and they are fit. He was just fat.

by Anonymousreply 11807/21/2013

Give it up, R119. It's tired and revolting.

by Anonymousreply 12007/21/2013

[quote]I've seen many rugby players, and they are fit. He was just fat.

But clearly not all. Depending on position, you will find that some are not quite fit - more fit-fat to fat.

This is such a silly argument. We know he wasn't "fat" by today's standards, but he also wasn't fat for those days. He was a little chubby.

by Anonymousreply 12107/21/2013

R115: I never saw MoS, so I can't comment on his charisma, but what am I missing with his hairline?

by Anonymousreply 12207/21/2013

He was a fat kid. He slimmed down. Why is this so complicated?

by Anonymousreply 12307/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 12407/21/2013

Ugh, the three-piece suit with wide tie and thick knot is one of the worst things someone with his body type could wear.

by Anonymousreply 12507/21/2013

He wants to be Bond, R125. He's setting the groundwork with the look.

by Anonymousreply 12607/21/2013

He can't be Bond with a thinner tie that makes him look sophisticated, rather than like a hulking giant?

by Anonymousreply 12707/21/2013

Sorry if I sound cranky. I just really hate that suit for him.

Does he have a stylist? If so, they should fired for the travesty that was his red carpet menswear during MoS promotion.

by Anonymousreply 12807/21/2013

In other pictures, it looks better:

by Anonymousreply 12907/21/2013

I highly doubt that Cavill will land Bond. He's fused to Superman now, though I doubt he'll be as strongly linked to the character as Christopher Reeve. I can't think of too many actors that were fortunate or talented enough to score two iconic roles and helm two wildly successful franchises.

by Anonymousreply 13007/21/2013

[quote]Sorry if I sound cranky. I just really hate that suit for him.

You're apologizing for not liking a guy's suit?

by Anonymousreply 13107/21/2013

R130, he's Superman for this generation. He was essentially anointed by the nerds/geeks/whatever at Comic Con with the reception he was given. He's got the perfect look for it.

by Anonymousreply 13207/21/2013

It is not better in that picture, r129. He looks like a barrel-chested pinhead. It's a perfectly fine suit for someone with a different body, but on him, it's hideous.

Well, no, r131, I was apologizing for any rudeness resulting from my utter hatred of all of the suits he wore at the various Man of Steel premieres.

by Anonymousreply 13307/21/2013

If Cavill made an impression as Superman it was only in the US because in the rest of the world I'd be surprised if he had any more name recognition than Brandon Routh.

He's just the guy in the suit. If they re-released The Cold Light of Day it would probably do worse numbers than it did originally. Henry Cavill will never be a superstar. He's just an untalented douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 13407/21/2013

[quote]It is not better in that picture, [R129]. He looks like a barrel-chested pinhead. It's a perfectly fine suit for someone with a different body, but on him, it's hideous.

Agreed that it isn't the best look for him. If he either chucked the vest OR the jacket AND made his tie knot smaller and tighter, that would be all he'd require to carry off that outfit.

by Anonymousreply 13507/21/2013

[quote]Lets talk about his hairline

You be the judge:

by Anonymousreply 13607/21/2013

Forgive me since I'm not an expert on this genre: If there's already a Superman, what would be the point of Batman?

by Anonymousreply 13707/21/2013

The issue with Superman is that he's not a particularly complex character (unlike Batman) so anyone who plays him will be unfavorably compared to those who play more interesting or witty superheroes.

Christopher Reeve was remembered fondly for his Superman (even before he had his accident) largely because he was the first one to do the part in the recent past. If he had been the 2nd or 3rd actor to play the role, he'd be torn apart the way Routh and Cavill are now.

by Anonymousreply 13807/21/2013

But I thought this new Superman movie makes the character more complex. No?

by Anonymousreply 13907/21/2013

It's going to be a thankless job for the actor who plays Superman. The good-boy-bad-boy dynamic is inevitable, which means the Batman is going to get all the good lines. Plus the writers will feel an obligation to make the characters somewhat equal in ability, even though Batman is a normal human with an expensive hobby, and Superman is a godlike alien. Superman's style is going to get cramped.

One thing I liked about the 3rd Nolan/Batman movie was that the showed how hard playing Batman is on a man's body. But we're not going to see anything that realistic, if he's going to play buddy cop with Superman.

by Anonymousreply 14007/21/2013

The point of Batman is that Superman is in Metropolis and Batman is in Gotham City. Superman can't be expected to stop crime in the entire world.

by Anonymousreply 14107/21/2013

Christian Bale was the perfect Batman for the Nolan films, but he's not coming back. Who will be the next Batman? I mean I wonder if they're going to go with a name equal to Cavill's or a lesser/well- known? Billing will be interesting.

I get the impression that since this is Snyder's baby, it'll be Superman feat. Batman, so it'll be a lesser known actor than Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 14207/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 14307/21/2013

R118 = Ashley Hamilton

by Anonymousreply 14407/21/2013

Bale did nothing. He was boring as fuck, and added nothing. Anyone could have done that part.

by Anonymousreply 14507/22/2013

[quote]I highly doubt that Cavill will land Bond.

As long as he's Superman, the studios will never go for it. They will not go for one actor playing two iconic characters. Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 14607/22/2013

Haven't they already filmed a bunch of movies where they had a bunch of comic book superheros in it...the avengers?

by Anonymousreply 14707/22/2013

Up for original thread.

by Anonymousreply 14807/22/2013

The point of Barman that differentiates him from Superman is his mind. t isn't about being able to physically hang, it's that he is supposed to be this very cunning genius which the Nolan movies completely failed to capture. That is one things I hope they get right here

Luke Evans for Bats. I am going to keep repeating it, he would own the role and play well off of Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 14907/22/2013

Rumor: [quote]Tyler Hoechlin Up For New Batman; Screen Test With Henry Cavill;

Fuck the screen test. Can you imagine these two beauties getting it on?

by Anonymousreply 15007/24/2013

[quote]Luke Evans for Bats.

How about a fucking American?

by Anonymousreply 15107/24/2013

They'll get Bale back wait and see. They'll draw out all the endless speculation first, to keep interest going in the film. WB will open up the checkbook trust.

MOS just didn't do quite well enough to lay the entire next film on Cavill and another unknown; no way will they bank on that with all the money they'll be investing on the next movie plus the JL film after.

by Anonymousreply 15207/24/2013

WB has already cut some of the financial backing on "Man from UNCLE," so they don't believe Cavill and Hammer can bring in enough money.

They're obviously going to have to throw A LOT of money at Bale to get him back because he was pretty adamant that he was done.

by Anonymousreply 15307/24/2013

what about Robin?

by Anonymousreply 15407/24/2013

[quote]They're obviously going to have to throw A LOT of money at Bale to get him back because he was pretty adamant that he was done.

That or give him other things he might want, such as backing smaller high-quality projects he might want do. He's never been the greedy type, has often said he doesn't choose roles based on $.

by Anonymousreply 15507/24/2013

They'll need someone of Bale's caliber to carry the movie because lord knows Cavill can't. Even his most fanatical fangurls have to admit he doesn't have enough going beyond his looks to carry the story itself.

by Anonymousreply 15607/24/2013

The very idea is ridiculous considering the Batman trilogy just ended. WTF would they immediately go back to the well?

Why not Superman-Wonder Woman if they're not going to give WW her own movie? Or have Superman fight other villains? Have a Superman trilogy before you try Batman... again.

by Anonymousreply 15707/24/2013

Latest rumor: Orlando Bloom

by Anonymousreply 15808/11/2013

Christ help us. Bloom? He's like what, 5 feet tall? If you want a dwarf Batman.

by Anonymousreply 15908/11/2013

He's listed as 5'10" so... 5'8"?

by Anonymousreply 16008/11/2013

Well whoop-dee-do-dah-day...

by Anonymousreply 16108/11/2013

Why do I still want MIchelle Pfeiffer reprising her role as Catwoman in this?

by Anonymousreply 16208/11/2013

I don't know considering she's well over 50 years old. Yes I'm ageist.

by Anonymousreply 16308/11/2013

Henry Cavill and Orlando Bloom?

Only if Hollywood is trying to exploit the slash-loving-fangirl market.

by Anonymousreply 16408/12/2013

Benedict Cumberbatch.

by Anonymousreply 16508/17/2013

Bloom? Cumberbatch? Those two make no sense for Bruce Wayne / Batman. None.

by Anonymousreply 16608/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!