Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Neighbors

I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 3511/10/2013

Good movie, though. Very underrated.

by Anonymousreply 107/18/2013

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours.

by Anonymousreply 207/18/2013

Me too.

I am moving soon. I wish I could afford a small cottage house in LA. Maybe next year.

by Anonymousreply 307/18/2013

Good fences make good neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 407/19/2013

When you're rich you can be your own neighbor if you're able to buy the homes adjacent to your own. I wish I could do that. Neighbors suck.

by Anonymousreply 507/19/2013

Between my neighbors' a/c and their new baby, I'm not getting much good sleep. I haven't decided which is worse, but SOMEthing's gotta' give.

by Anonymousreply 607/23/2013

I moved into the "in-law" unit of a house almost five years ago and became friends with the couple who occupied the main house. They weren't perfect. In fact, they had a lot of problems. She's controlling, demanding and I think OCD. He's a vietnam vet, closeted pothead (his wife doesn't know but I have actually gotten stoned with him on occasion). He recently retired from a job he had for 40 years and they have decided to buy a house a few hours away. They told me this recently.

When I moved here, I was seriously messed up. I had been my mom's caregiver for the preceding 2 years when she was dying of cancer and by the time I got here, I was ready to die. I felt like I had no family and contemplated killing myself daily. The neighbors sensed that i had been through the ringer and was depressed. They did everything they could to encourage me to come out of my side of the house. They not only invited me for dinner, they invited me to their vacation house one Thanksgiving and have done some incredibly kindhearted things for me over the years.

I'm not only sad that they're leaving but terrified as to who will occupy the main house when they leave. I cannot believe how sad I became when they told me they were leaving. I literally got sick to my stomach and have cried many tears. It's not just them I'm sad about but I love their cats and have watched them often over the years.

I suddenly feel so alone and isolated. With the announcement of the neighbors' departure, I realize that I don't have a whole lot of friends and I have become incredibly isolated. I wasn't always like this. I used to be quite extroverted but life and bad experience has made me anti-social. How do I get over this? How do I learn to open up to people again? I don't want to be alone.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2013

R7, do you have health insurance? Can you see a mental health doctor?

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2013

Next time I move I'm going to find a top floor apartment so I don't to deal with footsteps on uncarpeted floors. Throw in a few rugrats who start running @ 6am and don't stop until 11pm and I'm headed for the loony bin.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2013

R8, unfortunately I do not. Barely getting by financially on an indie contractor work-from-home gig (something that's contributed to how anti-social I've become).....

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2013

[quote]Next time I move I'm going to find a top floor apartment so I don't to deal with footsteps on uncarpeted floors

I did that and it restored my sanity. Then after five years of bliss my downstairs neighbor decided to eat healthier and started baking fish almost every night. We have no exhaust fans in our kitchens (old building), so the fish stench seeps into my apt.

I've had enough and now I'm finally moving out of this building.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2013

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2013

I'm in a top floor apartment and the stupid bitch below me started complaining the day I moved in. I was very understanding, but that just made her think she could complain constantly. Plus she's insane, I mentioned I have a white noise machine in my bedroom, working up to suggesting she get one to mask the sound that bothers her, and she emailed me that a whirling noise had kept her up all night! If it wasn't psychosomatic, like it might very well have been, she surely could barely hear it at all. She said she had her head under a pillow all night. Freak! Then a few days later she called the cops on me! I had a fan on an uncarpeted floor and she thought it was a giant, absurdly loud, white noise machine. When she found out it was just a fan, she was apologetic and said she'd move. The complex offered to move her to another one of their apartments but she didn't move. At least she stopped emailing me and leaving notes on the door, I won't put up with the harassment anymore, no more Mr. Nice Guy.

The neighbors to the side of me are weird too, bickering loudly nearly everyday. It's just like having a tv on in the distance, it doesn't bother me much, but they are definitely weird people. Once I heard the wife scream something like "I want you to use your power to squash me like a bug." I'm not sure about the first part of that, but she repeated it twice and the "squash me like a bug" part is definitely what she was saying. Not a happy marriage, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2013

I lived above an elderly lady who complained that I was "walking around too much". I started tip-toeing and as a result developed really nice calf muscles. In another apartment, I was watching TV one-night when I kept hearing something. Every time I muted the volume, it would stop. After doing this several times I figured out it was the teenage girl downstairs having sex with her boyfriend. I would wait until they were really going at it, then mute the TV just for the hell of it. I made myself laugh so hard I had to cover my face with a pillow so they couldn't hear me.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2013

My dream home would be on a large piece of property where I could neither see nor hear my neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2013

I've been in my apartment building for 15 years. Five years ago I switched units to one on the opposite side of the building. The manager told me that the 20-ish straight guy below me would bitch when the wood floors squeaked when they were walked on so I was careful for a while.

Then twice in the last four years him and his whore of the moment girlfriend have left food to burn on the stove at 2 in the fucking morning. I know that because the smoke woke me up both times. Each time I woke up the manager to have him check.

I don't remember why it happened the first time but the second time was because they were boiling ears of corn. At 2 in the fucking morning. He got a call that his sister went into labor and they dashed out the door to the hospital and didn't turn the stove off so it burned up. I told the manager that the next time it happens I'm not waking him, I'm going to call the fire department. He said something to them but it's just a matter of time before they do it again.

The girlfriend's a smoker and the building's smoke free. She smokes out the window which is right below mine and it comes into my place. He had to talk to them about that too.

I don't worry about whether the squeaky floors piss them off anymore.

This is my fucking HOME.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2013

Supposedly when Oprah lived in Water Tower Place she bought four floors and kept the top and bottom floors empty so she wouldn't have to hear any sounds from her neighbors. That's what they said on one of the double deck bus tours, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2013

"and she emailed me..."

You know your neighbor's email?

I don't even know my neighbors' names.

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2013

Brad Pitt did that with houses in Hollywood, R17. If you've got the money, makes all the sense in the world. I'd do it if I had it.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2013

What happened to the "Crushing on Neighbor" thread?

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2013

Th Australian soap has a LOT of hot guys in it

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2013

A friend's married next door neighbor works out naked every night for about an hour with the blinds open.

I was there one night and got an eyeful.

Late thirties, tall, dark and handsome, hairy chest and a nice thick cut cock.

He's a dead ringer for Robert Urich.

by Anonymousreply 2211/09/2013

[quote] dead ringer for Robert Urich.

Ooh ... poor choice of words.

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2013

My next door neighbor is a passive-aggresive nun with an incredibly noisy, vicious dog. I think she's there tending to the exorcism of the place. Previous renters were a murder-suicide.

by Anonymousreply 2411/09/2013

I live in a condo, and my neighbors reverse their decisions from one meeting to another. I've been literally speechless in the past, when I'm hung out to dry, but I'm not putting up with it again. It helps to read about other's neighbors, though. It could be worse, I guess

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2013

Hunky dude was cleaning the apartment next door in his underwear, something I've never seen before!

by Anonymousreply 2611/09/2013

I live in a condo, the one adjoining mine the guy plays guitar. He practices guitar hooked up to an amp until 2-3 in the morning and my walls are shaking. I did tell him that I can hear him and he said he was afraid of that, it stopped for about a month and then started up again.

by Anonymousreply 2711/09/2013

R27 OMG, how do you put up with that shit??? That's exactly why I will never live in a condo/apartment again. Having to hear other people's noise fucking drove me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2811/09/2013

The funny thing is that these condos are all old people, it's not a retirement village but I am one of the youngest people living here. I loved it when I moved in because there are no kids and it is peaceful. So bummed when 6 months after I bought my condo the guitar guy bought the one next door. Our condos are two units together so unfortunately nobody else would hear him to complain. He also has a motorcycle and I know this sounds terrible but I was hoping somebody would complain about that. He rarely rides his motorcycle but it is so out of place in this neighborhood. I don't understand why a single straight guy like that who is in a band and rides a motorcycle doesn't buy a house so he can be as loud as he wants.

by Anonymousreply 2911/09/2013

My neighbor kept hitting on me. I told her I'm not interested in women of her age.

She never spoke to me again. (which was mu goal)

by Anonymousreply 3011/09/2013

Quarter-acre lot, minimum. Preferably backing up to a nature preserve. Fuck humans & their barking dogs.

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2013

[quote]Neighbors I hate them.

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 3211/10/2013

I hate them too. People have no fucking manners or decency anymore. There are assholes on one side of me who think it's cute to park in front of my house, yet don't park in front of their own fucking house. Then there are neighborhood kids who seem to think it's just fine to play catch in MY driveway and hit the garage door with their ball while they're at it and also think it's just fine to walk through my yard. Why don't parents teach their kids any manners anymore??? Teach your little brats to stay of other peoples' property. It just blows me away how inconsiderate people are.

If I had the money, I'd live on several acres of land so that everyone could stay the fuck away from me.

by Anonymousreply 3311/10/2013

Finally called the police after my next door neighbor failed to keep her psycho son and his friends from playing baseball in the street in front of my house, hitting it often.

The stupid bitch asked the responding officer, "Why is he complaining? I'll pay for any damage my son causes.".

by Anonymousreply 3411/10/2013

Yeah, it's called checkbook parenting.

by Anonymousreply 3511/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.