Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

There. I said it. It messes with my sinuses, gives me a sore throat and a headache, makes me feel clammy and chilled, and I hate the soft whirring background noise. It is like 50000 degrees on the East Coast and frankly, I'm ready to decamp to Alaska.

by Anonymousreply 5407/23/2013

At least you have air conditioning!

Here you just sweat like a fuking pig...and the buses, forget it!

by Anonymousreply 107/17/2013

I'd rather have it in this weather than not, and it is great to step out of the heat into a chilled interior, but I hate excessive AC.

by Anonymousreply 207/17/2013

I like it "Texas cool" as long as I'm not paying.

by Anonymousreply 307/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 407/17/2013

Come to San Francisco. Expected high: 63...

by Anonymousreply 507/17/2013

I love the airco. The only thing I don't do to it is hug it

by Anonymousreply 607/17/2013

OP writes,

[quote]It messes with my sinuses, gives me a sore throat and a headache, makes me feel clammy and chilled, and I hate the soft whirring background noise.

It sounds like you need central air.

by Anonymousreply 707/17/2013

Try living in Palm Springs. It's the ninth circle of hell in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 807/17/2013

I had a bachelor uncle who complained that air conditioning made him impotent.

by Anonymousreply 907/17/2013

I'm sitting in air conditioning as I type this

by Anonymousreply 1007/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 1107/17/2013

Like r5 said, move to anywhere along the coast north of Monterey, CA and you'll never need air conditioning. Just got out of my hot tub and am typing next to a space heater.

Better yet, move to SF and cuddle up with me in bed on this chilly, gray, summer week.

by Anonymousreply 1207/17/2013

I love air conditioning! It's so comfy to be under a comforter at night, and have cool air flowing around my bed.

by Anonymousreply 1307/17/2013

OP has never lived in the south.

Air-conditioning is wonderful. It makes life POSSIBLE down here. I couldn't/wouldn't live without it.

by Anonymousreply 1407/17/2013

I couldn't live without air conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 1507/17/2013

You don't understand, my air conditioning is way too cold, and I'm very uncomfortable!

None of you get it.

by Anonymousreply 1607/17/2013

I turn it on as a last resort, and keep it at about 78*. The house I rent has central air, but also about a dozen huge windows that let the breeze in on non-90* days.

I wait all year for nice weather and I'm not going to seal myself off like it's January.

by Anonymousreply 1707/17/2013

I hate air-conditioning too, and hardly ever turn it on, but on a 95 degree day like today, you really need it. I kept it on at 78 degrees all day and it was really pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 1807/17/2013

What's this "air conditioning" people are whining about?

by Anonymousreply 1907/17/2013

OP, do you have something called immuno deficiency disorder?

That explains the allergy to the common air conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 2007/17/2013

OMG I am in DC and a bear and I'm dying! I took uber to work yesterday because the day before I showed up and a sweaty mess and didn't stop sweating for 30 mins. I keep my place 65-68 degrees all year. I would much rather be cold than hot. There are only so many clothes you can take off. Plus I like the bedroom cold for sleeping under the covers. Mmm!

by Anonymousreply 2107/17/2013

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.

by Anonymousreply 2207/17/2013

When I was a dead broke college student without A/C in the apartment I literally rode the public buses aimlessly, back and forth, just for the blasting A/C. I had three fans going in my room but in the worst heat waves even they did nothing. When the air is so stifling and humid it can actually be dangerous to your health because the air quality is so poor. I escaped to public transportation just so I could breathe!

by Anonymousreply 2307/17/2013

I absolutely loathe the summer. I don't like sweating. I don't burning, unyielding heat. I don't like "summery activities" like going to the beach.

Give me the crisp, cool Autumn evenings anyday. The first cool day in Autumn is like heaven on earth to me!

by Anonymousreply 2407/17/2013

What R24 said.

by Anonymousreply 2507/17/2013

I don't like wind, it bugs.

by Anonymousreply 2607/17/2013

Healthy humans don't require air conditioning to live.

by Anonymousreply 2707/17/2013

I've turned my central air off for good. Saving a fortune, slightly uncomfortable but getting easier all the time.

by Anonymousreply 2807/17/2013

I would probably hate it too if I knew what it was

by Anonymousreply 2907/17/2013

My boss is a fatso who gets hot really easily. He turns on the air in his office once it hits 80. On top of the air already blasting in the main area, it's like an ice box at work.

by Anonymousreply 3007/17/2013

In the old days, people slept in parks when it got this hot...and on roofs and porches. Nowadays, they would cart you off to jail for that.

by Anonymousreply 3107/17/2013

Air conditioning----what is that?

by Anonymousreply 3207/18/2013

Plenty of people hate it. You're not special. You didn't need to say it.

by Anonymousreply 3307/18/2013

OP, if it's messing with your sinuses, the filters need to e replaced!

It should NOT be causing that. If it isnt the filters, there is another, solve-able issue. I'm from a family where we are more prone to both allergies and sinus problems, so I've seen many professionals talk about this.

by Anonymousreply 3407/18/2013

I'm in Seattle. 80 and sunny, sleep with the windows open at night. My garden is in full bloom. No bugs. But then, it's the weirdest and most isolated I've ever felt. Strange city.

by Anonymousreply 3507/18/2013

Me too, r35. I know exactly what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 3607/18/2013

Air conditioning don't care.

by Anonymousreply 3707/18/2013

R24 & R25 Count me in the "I hate summer" club. I am SO sick of this shit. What's so great about air so humid it sticks to you, heat so hot you sweat after a minute of just standing outside, bugs, sunburns, and many other awful things?

I can't wait until fall. There is nothing like the first cool day after a hot summer where you can finally open the windows and get some crisp clean air.

by Anonymousreply 3807/18/2013

It hates you too.

by Anonymousreply 3907/18/2013

I like rain, fog and storms, but I'm from San Francisco where the weather is generally cool. Now I live further inland where we had triple digits for about a week and it was HORRIBLE. I don't know why some people love hot weather, I could barely think or function, you just feel like plopping down somewhere and never moving again.

by Anonymousreply 4007/18/2013

And the people in NYC who run outside in this weather. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 4107/18/2013

My Carrier can beat up your Lennox any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 4207/18/2013

it's over 100 degrees today, I can't stand even the thought of life without airco

by Anonymousreply 4307/18/2013

I am sitting here at home in Brooklyn with no air conditioning, just a few fans. I sleep with my window open and shower before bed and that is it. I do like air conditioning at the gym and the subway though.

by Anonymousreply 4407/18/2013

When air conditioned air hits my lungs,it starts to,from the inside out,turn my body into a popsicle; a process which takes about an hour. I hate it. And no,I don't want to live without it,but still.

I, too, dislike summer. I don't like the sun, heat or humidity. So, I have my reasons for disliking Summer-I have no where to turn to.

Otoh, Ahhhh, my winter heart loves the cold air and the stark,raw beauty of trees,every limb and branch traced entirely in snow, against a slate grey sky...

by Anonymousreply 4507/18/2013

People in NYC used to sleep out on the fire escape when there was no air conditioning in the 40's and early 50's, or at least that's how they depict it in the old movies.

by Anonymousreply 4607/18/2013

Pre-air conditioning in the South, my parents have both said from when they were little they remember sleeping porches, lightly dampened sheets, and big oscillating fans.

Sleeping porches were pretty common then.

I wish I had one now for spring and fall nights.

by Anonymousreply 4707/21/2013

HATE the hot weather. When I see the trees leaf out in the Spring, all I can think is "C'mon October!" Relatives had a HUGE(5 foot square) boxfan installed horizontally in their ranch house. That thing used to create the greatest breezes, it was very rare they needed to resort to a/c.

by Anonymousreply 4807/21/2013

OP, move to Las Vegas, and then get back to us. Or Florida, year-round. I am told by friends of my parents, which friends live in Florida year-round, that during 12:00-4:00 p.m., you either stay in or go from air-conditioned place to air-conditioned place.

I'm in northern NYC; was having a heat wave last week; went in a van with some people to a store, and we bitched getting into the van, out of the van, and walking into the store; it was that hot. And humid. And hard to breathe.

(and yes, am way overweight, but my neighbors aren't.) But I have heard of other people like OP, who hate AC...

by Anonymousreply 4907/21/2013

I don't mind air conditioning. But I don't understand stores, public areas, and transportation that put it on freezing. You are on the sidewalk and it is 90 degrees and you step into a building and they have the AC on 50 or 60. What a waste of energy.

by Anonymousreply 5007/21/2013

I have forced air coming from vents in the ceiling and always have a bloody nose thanks to the dry air.

R50, I find Starbucks is the worse offender of the chill blast.

by Anonymousreply 5107/21/2013

You know the A/C is cranked up way too damn high when your nipples get hard !

by Anonymousreply 5207/21/2013

You all sound fat! and depressed.

by Anonymousreply 5307/23/2013

I dont have it at home but do love sleeping in a freezing cold room under blankets.

by Anonymousreply 5407/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!