Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's Official: Jenny McCarthy Named New 'The View' Co-Host

So there.

by Anonymousreply 8609/08/2013

They had the idiot seat to fill. Nice choice for that. Of course, there is more than one idiot on that show.

by Anonymousreply 107/15/2013

I'm going to warn everyone not to get their children vaccinated1 My medical know-how is immense.

by Anonymousreply 207/15/2013

OP, What are the reasons that she was chosen? For ethnic diversity, why haven't they gone with a Hispanic or Asian? Either way I long ago stopped watching this "shrill fest." DL is a much more positive and humorous experience to enjoy with my morning coffee.

by Anonymousreply 307/15/2013

Yuck ! Not that I watch this shitfest. I hope she's banned from spewing her anti-vax quackery.

by Anonymousreply 407/15/2013

Bimbo on the Land!

by Anonymousreply 507/15/2013

What kind of sad fat ass fuck housewife gives a shit about The View or any of those morning talk or news shows?

by Anonymousreply 607/15/2013

Joy is always teasing Barbara that she's a lesbian. maybe Barbara loved Jenny's numerous Playboy layouts.

by Anonymousreply 707/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 807/15/2013

The Talk is within striking distance of overtaking The View in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 907/15/2013

Well the Talk is definitely the least annoying of the two shows.

by Anonymousreply 1007/15/2013

Just three years ago, the industry dismissed The Talk as a View rip-off

Now they are on the verge of dethroning The View from its top spot

by Anonymousreply 1107/15/2013

So what? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 1207/15/2013

[quote]Well the Talk is definitely the least annoying of the two shows.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1307/15/2013

I like her as a choice although I have never seen the show. If she pulls that vaccine shit on national TV she needs to be silenced loudly and clearly by experts in the field. It is total and complete bull shit.

by Anonymousreply 1407/15/2013

IF I were CBS I would hire Joy Behar for The Talk.

by Anonymousreply 1507/15/2013

R15 I doubt Joy would ever relocate to LA.

by Anonymousreply 1607/15/2013

R15 they already have Sheryl Underwood who fills that void.

by Anonymousreply 1707/15/2013

Jenny McCarthy is a wiseass who always goes for the off-color joke. And she lacks any substance to talk about topics that granted, might need some humor now and then, but also require some depth. She lacks it all.

Poor friggin choice, ABC.

by Anonymousreply 1807/15/2013

whenever I see Sheryl Underwood, all I can think of is that she looks like a fat Wesley Snipes as Noxema Jackson from Too Wong Foo..."

by Anonymousreply 2007/15/2013

I think it's because of "The Talk" that she was chosen because they are more sexualized on that show.

by Anonymousreply 2107/15/2013

The View used to be very sexualized when it had Meredith, Star and Joy on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2207/15/2013

Bad choice.

If they wanted a pretty, funny blonde, why not Christina Applegate? There are a million pretty blonde girls in that age group -- they're all named Hilary, Kirsten, or Kristen. Instead, they choose the wacked out anti-vaccine spokesperson? Does ABC think she's going to cure autism on the show?

Maybe they did it in order to push Whoopi to quit.

by Anonymousreply 2307/15/2013

Replace wise ass in your description with dumb ass and it would apply to Elizabeth Hasselfuck as well. Having football player dick in your mouth is not a qualification for anything.

by Anonymousreply 2407/15/2013

R24 before the View Liz was hosting a weekly fashion TV Show.

by Anonymousreply 2507/15/2013

She was hosting a show where they bought shitty stuff at the mall to make fat house fraus feel better. They filled her role with Yoanna House.

Margaret Cho recently co-hosted - they should keep her. She would be awesome.

by Anonymousreply 2607/15/2013

"The View" is over. Everyone's gone, including Barbara. The show needs to wrap it up. "The Talk" won. "The View" is from a bygone era, and no longer works.

by Anonymousreply 2807/15/2013

Death Knell

by Anonymousreply 2907/15/2013

[quote]Jenny McCarthy...another example of the dumbing down of America.

Andy Cohen is phoning her for an interview even as we post.

by Anonymousreply 3007/15/2013

R30...Oh yes, Andy Cohen is the princess of the dumbing down of America as are the Kardashians, Ryan Seacrest, The Housewives of Name-Your-City, Honey Boo Boo, The Jersey Shore, Sarah Palin, local news anchors and the happy horshit they spew instead of delivering the news...and the list goes on and on.

by Anonymousreply 3107/15/2013

r28, people said the same thing about Regis & Kathy Lee like 15 years ago, and when Regis left. That show is doing very well right now. People who watch daytime dont have that many options, so they will just tune in anyway. It will have to be really, really bad for people to not watch.

I think Jenny is easily replaceable, but she will end up growing on the audience. She never claimed to be a brain-trust, but she has a disarming personality and she is a natural conversationalist.

Sidenote: Ive heard that Jenny has bad oral herpes outbreaks so it will be interesting to see how she deals with it being in HD everyday!

by Anonymousreply 3207/15/2013

R32. The difference being between "Regis & Kathie Lee" or "Regis & Kelly" versus "The View" is that when Kathie Lee or even when Regis left, that show was doing fairly well in the ratings. Sure, the show's producers had to replace someone who was leaving, but it wasn't like "Regis & Kathie Lee" or "Regis & Kelly" were sinking ships. They were doing okay. Yes, there was some controversy that Regis was being forced out, but it never rose to the level of controversy that seems to always surround "The View."

On the other hand, there is a general consensus that "The View" has been in steady decline in both ratings and content for some time now.

by Anonymousreply 3307/15/2013

[quote]whenever I see Sheryl Underwood, all I can think of is that she looks like a fat Wesley Snipes as Noxema Jackson from Too Wong Foo..."'

Attack her looks all you want but she is fabulous on the show. Hilarious and she's a fan. When Smokey Robinson was on recently she talked about how she would sit in her room and listen to his music and now she was sitting next to him and it was touching. She is great on the show. I could do without Chenbot and the completely useless Sharon Osbourne but Aisha Tyler, Underwood and Sarah who has come into her own and out are terrific.

by Anonymousreply 3407/15/2013

Rumor is when Joy leaves Brooke Shields will the replacement.

by Anonymousreply 3507/15/2013

I'm available! (And no longer a cult member!)

by Anonymousreply 3607/15/2013

According to the CDC, measles cases were 4 times higher in 2011 than a decade ago. They attribute this to children and teens not getting the MMR vaccine, because their parents are opposed to vaccine. Jenny has played a major role in spreading BS about vaccines causing autism. She is partly responsible for rising measles cases. She should not be allowed to spout harmful nonsense on the View.

by Anonymousreply 3707/15/2013

The View should have grabbed Sheryl Underwood when they had the chance.

But she was too much like Joy

by Anonymousreply 3807/15/2013

Anyone who is stupid enough to trust Jenny McCarthy on a major health issue deserves to have his/her gene pool wiped out.

by Anonymousreply 3907/15/2013

They need to replace Sherry Shepherd. She is dangerous and dumb - a lethal combination.

My admiration for Cicely Tyson blossomed into true love when she reproached Sherry, while live on the air, for constantly saying "you guys" to groups including women. Cicely had no patience for her.

by Anonymousreply 4007/16/2013

Did they really think that getting rid of one airhead just to bring a new airhead on will help ratings? This is just so damn random. I would've much rather have had Brooke Shields as a host than this dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4107/16/2013

That Walters is a liar. She said the day Elizabeth was leaving that they had not picked anyone to succeed her and that they would have many co host until it was decided.

by Anonymousreply 4207/16/2013

R42 Walters lies all the time, just like when a few months ago she said that the rumors of Elisabeth leaving weren't true.

You can't believe a thing she says.

by Anonymousreply 4307/16/2013

The announcement has outraged some.

"Sickened that @theviewtv is going to give anti-vaccination zealot Jenny McCarthy a bigger platform," tweeted feminist author Jessica Valenti.

"ABC and the View should be ashamed of themselves. Jenny McCarthy deserves to be on some History conspiracy show, not network television," tweeted the Guardian's Harry Enten.

"The View? I for one am immune to her charms," culture critic Mo Rocca quipped, pun intended. Comedian and TV writer Julie Klausner, meanwhile, re-imagined the network's boardroom decision process: "'Hmm. Child killers, child killers. Is John Wayne Gacy...? Not female. Susan Smith? Out of the demo. Ooh! Jenny McCarthy!' — The View casting." By Tuesday afternoon, McCarthy and "The View" had not responded Yahoo! Shine's request for comment on the brewing backlash.

"McCarthy’s views constitute, in my opinion, a threat to public health," wrote Slate's Phil Plait, who recently asked readers to campaign against McCarthy's new gig. "And even if she doesn’t talk about any of her nonsensical health ideas on the show, the very fact that she now has this co-host position gives her a tacit credibility to the viewer."

The New Yorker's Michael Specter, author of "Denialism: How Irrational Thinking Hinders Scientific Progress, Harms the Planet, and Threatens Our Lives," had even stronger words for the network. "I think a network hiring a homicidal maniac, giving her a forum in front of people who have young children and are impressionable, is the most irresponsible thing I've heard of in a long time," Specter told the Los Angeles Times.

by Anonymousreply 4407/16/2013

Time Magazine's TV critic has a good article on the damage Mcarthy could possibly do with her views on vaccinations in the current issue. (see link)

by Anonymousreply 4507/21/2013

The View is going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 4607/21/2013

Could you copy and paste the critique, R45. It's a subscription site.

by Anonymousreply 4707/21/2013

The powers that be have proven once again that they are ratings whores and nothing else.

Will they be eligible to be sued when some stupid hausfrau follows even more stupid Jenny's idiotic advice?

She's a killer. A fame whore, stupid, moronic, piece of shit killer.

Great work View!

by Anonymousreply 4807/21/2013

Margaret Cho would have been a more interesting choice.

by Anonymousreply 4907/21/2013

McCarthy is an idiot and she's not an expert on autism. They picked her because she's a mom and is very outspoken.

The rumored one to replace Behar is Brooke Shields. Personally I think she's as boring and bland as McCarthy is stupid and absurd. The View couldn't have picked worse new women.

by Anonymousreply 5007/21/2013

People who are dumb enough to listen to her shouldn't even be allowed to breed in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 5107/21/2013

These casting choices sound glib.

by Anonymousreply 5207/21/2013

[quote] Did they really think that getting rid of one airhead just to bring a new airhead on will help ratings?

They got rid of an angry airhead(what the hell does Elizabeth have to be angry about?)and are bringing in a nice, funny airhead

by Anonymousreply 5307/21/2013

Biggest ratings of the season when she debuts.

by Anonymousreply 5407/21/2013

A nice funny airhead who gives out dangerous advice. A nice funny airhead who speaks with an authority she does not possess. A nice funny airhead who probably got on her knees to get the job.

by Anonymousreply 5507/21/2013

I just don't understand a lot of people who watch talk shows. I understand the difference between someone giving an expert opinion vs. someone just giving an opinion with no background in the topic. A lot of idiots who watch The View or other shows automatically think that because someone on tv is giving an opinion, that this person is correct/intelligent. I have heard and read online people who basically quoted those morons Elizabeth and Joy for years in debates. WHY? Neither was ever an expert. I'm not looking forward to the same thing happening with Jenny.

by Anonymousreply 5607/21/2013

She seemed to be flailing for attention recently as her career circled the drain. It seemed to start with her lashing out at Jim Carrey for not keeping in contact with her son after their break up. Then she posed for Playboy again last year and got involved in a gushy high profile romance with a Chicago Bear that lasted all of a few months. Now it's Wahlberg's brother.

by Anonymousreply 5707/21/2013

The talk is superior to the View. It is painful to even watch clips of the view.

by Anonymousreply 5807/21/2013

The Talk was awful before the recasting. Now it's the totally superior show.

by Anonymousreply 5907/21/2013

"The View is going to hell."

I thought it was the lobby.

by Anonymousreply 6007/21/2013

Margaret Cho was cohost today, and I think they said she'd be filling in for several days. Maybe she's doing next week, which I might be their last new shows before August hiatus.

Whoopi introduced her as Margaret Chow.

Anyway, Margaret said she's openly lobbying to get one of the permanent co-host slots. She wants to be one of the Cho-hosts, as she called it.

At first Joy said "Too late," but then took it back because she and Whoopi both said "You never know." Although they may have made up their minds on Jenny McCarthy and Brook Shields, they have only announced Jenny. So maybe there is still an opening.

Margaret brought this video to support her cause. (I think it hurts more than helps)

by Anonymousreply 6107/26/2013

WTF made them choose Jenny McCarthy of all the people they could've chosen? They may as well have chosen Carmen Electra or Pamela Anderson - they're all a bunch of washed up airheads from the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 6207/26/2013

Why can't they hire Margaret Cho? Isn't there still going to be another co-host slot to fill? Joy and Hasslebitch will both be gone. Isn't Babs also leaving?

Damn that old witch is annoying, she interrupts the co-hosts, as well as the guests, it could be dementia setting in!

What really distracted me during yesterday's show was Margaret's hair loss! As the above lights glared on her see through crown hair, she had a very wide side part, which also was more obvious under the harsh lights.

I am always amazed when women in show business walk around with thinning hair, totally oblivious that it looks really bad.

Barbara's had some form of hair loss for years, but she has the sense enough to have her stylist hide it, she most likely has her stylist use a scalp cover powder and her hair is teased up.

I don't know what's going on with Margaret's hair. Has she been sick, cancer or thyroid problems?

by Anonymousreply 6307/26/2013

R63 Maybe she's got alopecia or on antidepressants, which are known to cause hair loss.

by Anonymousreply 6407/26/2013

Yes, R64, it could be alopecia, but there is usually a cause for alopecia. It's not like, "Oh well, I am losing my hair, I just have to live with it". Perhaps it's that way for men, but not for women. Women usually seek the reasons for their hair loss. My clients got into a panic mode when they have unusual shedding.

As a hair stylist, my female clients have informed me there are at least SIX different types of alopecia.

The tests for alopecia run the gamut from more advanced blood tests to a scalp biopsy, called a punch biopsy. Most derms are clueless re hair loss, unfortunately derms seem to be the first doctor people with hair loss run to. They should see an endocrinologist or a rheumatologist. Hair loss, at least for women, can be a sign of a serious underlying illnesses.

Skin conditions, such as Seb Derm and Psoriasis can also cause hair loss.

Not all forms of alopecia are the same, nor do they cause the same type of pattern baldness which men have.

Kathie Lee Gifford definitely has a mild form of alopecia, where the hair texture changes in the extreme (she used to have naturally thick wavy hair) and the hair thins. With her type of loss there is not enough hair loss to expose the top scalp, show widening parts or have the hairline or temples recede.

Overall, Kathie's hair basically looks much thinner, softer and flatter. It could pass for naturally thin flay hair, not alopecia, but since I remember what her hair looked like and her comments re her hair on "Today", I know it's a form of alopecia.

During hair product segments Kathie has commented on her hair "not being the same" and also saying, "I miss my old hair", she's said this several times on "Today".

I didn't mean to highjack this thread, but I'm super curious as to what's going on with Margaret's hair, as I remember her always having thick shiny hair. I assume she's too young for menopause, another cause of female hair loss.

I'm aware that anti-depressants, as well as high blood pressure meds, can cause hair loss, it would be nice if doctors told their patients that!

by Anonymousreply 6507/26/2013

R65 If you're that damn worried about it, create a Twitter account if you don't have one and send her a tweet asking her.

by Anonymousreply 6607/26/2013

I would actually start watching again if Cho was on it. She is like nothing anyone has ever had as co-host. And if they are having her on for a week they are trying her out. Let's be honest if it is Jenny McCarthy and Brooke Shields it is going to be a snooze fest. "I cured autisim!" "I take anti-depressants" "The world if flat" "I smoke pot!"

at least with cho you get the occasional "i was eating out this chick the other night.." lol

by Anonymousreply 6707/26/2013

Everyone is watching "The Real"!

by Anonymousreply 6807/26/2013

R66, I would NEVER ask a woman, a celebrity, or any other woman, whether or not they are going bald, especially not on Twitter, Facebook or any social media site. That's just plain wrong! Hair loss for women is devastating.

Margaret was on "The View" again today, the show's hairstylist must have used a scalp cover product, because her scalp wasn't as apparent.

by Anonymousreply 6907/26/2013

Barbara Walters is like 150 years old. She is hardly the first woman her age to have thinning hair, and Im sure she doesn't give a fuck. Walters has probably still logged more mornings on television with full, thick hair than all the women on the show combined. She's practically been on TV since TV it was invented.

by Anonymousreply 7007/26/2013

R68 That show "The Real" is so low-market and trashy and will be cancelled fast.

by Anonymousreply 7107/26/2013

r71, "The Real" is a show for a completely different audience than "The View" or "The Talk".

by Anonymousreply 7207/26/2013

The View

The Talk

The Real

Can the titles of these frau shows get anymore lame? Try getting a little more creative.

by Anonymousreply 7307/26/2013

The Vagine

by Anonymousreply 7407/26/2013

[quote]The Vagine

Khloe Kardashian's new spin off show

by Anonymousreply 7507/26/2013

I agree r73, I cringe at the thought of networks and production companies that actually green lit these awful show titles.

by Anonymousreply 7607/26/2013

R70, your post is rather incoherent.

Not all older women have thinning hair, my elderly mother still has thick gorgeous hair. As do all of her sisters. Good genes I guess. Because she has dyed her hair for years, so that's another myth that hair dye causes hair loss. No one is applying high volume peroxide to their scalps on a daily basis!

It's not about Barbara Walters not giving a fuck about her hair. It's about her having an image to maintain and needing to look polished. Actually, she must give a fuckl Especially as her crown bald spot is covered most of the time!

As a hair stylist, I'm shocked that so many wealthy and famous women seem to be ignoring their hair loss and thinning hair. These are women in the public eye, from actresses to people like Walters. Nigella Lawson, also has obvious hair loss.

These women have access to some of the best hair stylists and wig makers on the planet, not to mention the money to buy high quality supplemental human hair.

Not all women with thinning hair even need full wig, a custom Topper sometimes does the trick. Instead we have ton of young famous women with their own hair who are walking around with ridiculous extensions down to their asses, yet the women who truly need supplemental hair, aren't wearing it.

Nicole Kidman was once wearing beautiful healthy looking extensions, they didn't even match her now horrid cotton candy texture hair. The shade of red was even wrong! Her stylist didn't notice the quality and color of the extension hair was much better than Kidman's biological hair?

by Anonymousreply 7707/27/2013

They all need Wendy Williams WIgs.

by Anonymousreply 7807/27/2013

Is the thinning due to hormonal changes?

by Anonymousreply 7907/27/2013

[quote]The View

[quote]The Talk

[quote]The Real

[quote]Can the titles of these frau shows get anymore lame? Try getting a little more creative.

Just wait for Marlee Matlin's "The Hear".

by Anonymousreply 8007/27/2013

Does Zoraida Sambolin still have her CNN morning show? She was guest host on The View today, and she pretty much acted like she was running the place. You would have thought that she was a regular host.

She talked about her recent double mastectomy. What I don't know is if that's the only reason she hasn't been on in the morning on CNN. Since they changes the morning shows, I don't know if she was permanently pulled out of her show, or if she's just on leave.

She's no dummy, so if they want to up the IQ level on The View, they should consider her.

by Anonymousreply 8108/06/2013

Barbara said goodbye (sort of) on The View this morning.

She said they already taped the goodbye episode which will be shown on Friday, and since Barbara wont be on the last new live episode tomorrow, today was their last day of working together.

by Anonymousreply 8208/07/2013

Goodbye to Joy forever later this morning.

by Anonymousreply 8308/09/2013

I thought Hasselbeck might be a guest for the goodbye to Joy, but she was a no-show. The only former co-host there was Meredith Vieira.

Maybe they actually do really hate each other in real life. Or maybe she's not welcome back to the show.

by Anonymousreply 8408/09/2013

Tune in next Monday.

I saw a commercial for the new season debuting next week.

by Anonymousreply 8509/04/2013

Apparently one of their first guests will be Jenny's boyfriend (and New Kid) Donnie Wahlberg.

by Anonymousreply 8609/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!