Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Which famous guys are mismatched with their wives and girlfriends?

That is, they are better looking or more beautiful than their companions. What makes them so?

by Anonymousreply 11610/08/2013

Randy Travis and ex-wife

Hugh Jackman and wife

by Anonymousreply 107/14/2013

Second R1 on Hugh Jackman his wife is homely and looks waaaay older

Paul Rudds wife is positively homely

by Anonymousreply 207/14/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 307/14/2013

Matt Damon has a better ass than his wife.

by Anonymousreply 407/15/2013

Tony Blair and Cherie

by Anonymousreply 507/15/2013

George Clooney was mismatched with his wife, Talia Balsam.

Barry Manilow was mismatched with his wife. The marriage lasted nearly a year.

by Anonymousreply 607/16/2013

Josh Duhamel and Fergie Hugh Dancy and Claire Danes

by Anonymousreply 707/16/2013

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen

Josh Duhamel and Fergie

A perfect match would be Tom Brady and Josh Duhamel

by Anonymousreply 807/17/2013

Chris Martin is better looking than Goop.

Adam Levine's fiance can do better than him.

And Misha Collins can do better than his wife. Just take a look at her.

by Anonymousreply 907/17/2013

Evan Peters and Emma Roberts. Woof. She was fug to start with, but now that she's been outed as abusive and laid those chompers into him, it's all the more a puzzle. Run, Evan, run!

by Anonymousreply 1007/17/2013

Actually R9 I disagree with you on Adam Levine. I was going to post the opposite. He is much prettier than she is.

by Anonymousreply 1107/17/2013

r11 I disagree. Just look at him. I used to find him pretty, but these days he is dying on me.

by Anonymousreply 1207/17/2013

"A perfect match would be Tom Brady and Josh Duhamel"

Or me and Tom Brady

by Anonymousreply 1307/17/2013

Mr. And Mrs. Howard Stern.

by Anonymousreply 1507/17/2013

Hugh Jackman owns this thread. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 1607/18/2013

Rob Lowe and his hag of a wife!

Rob owns this thread!

by Anonymousreply 1707/18/2013

BTW has anyone noticed how homely Rob Lowe's sons are? What a shame. Unbelievably beautiful genes and the kids get their looks from their mother. I wonder if he's their bio dad?

by Anonymousreply 1807/18/2013

Every celebrity male member of Scientology.

There wives are all the wrong sex.

by Anonymousreply 2007/18/2013

R9, his wife obviously just gave birth.

by Anonymousreply 2107/18/2013

Going back a ways, but on the infamous Don Loper episode of "I Love Lucy," I remember thinking that one of the celeb wives was a real dog. But now I can remember which one. Mrs. Richard Carlson? Mrs. Forrest Tucker? Any help?

by Anonymousreply 2207/18/2013

Danny Pino's wife is a plain Cuban frau.

by Anonymousreply 2307/18/2013

Hugh Jackman for sure and I totally agree about Misha Collins and his wife. That's actually one of the better pictures of her.

by Anonymousreply 2407/18/2013

Hank Azaria and Helen Hunt. It took more than a year to figure out the mismatch.

by Anonymousreply 2507/18/2013

Henry Cavill and anyone he supposedly dated

by Anonymousreply 2607/18/2013

Bon Jovi's wife is not very attractive. He has aged well, I think.

by Anonymousreply 2707/18/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2807/18/2013

Bruce Springsteen and that red-haired hussy Patti Scialfa

by Anonymousreply 2907/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 3007/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 3107/18/2013

Rob Lowe's sons have enough of him in them to make it clear they are his bio-children, but yes, sadly neither of them got his extreme beauty.

I'm seconding the vote for Tony Goldwyn owning this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3207/18/2013

R31, those two are both fug. They deserve one another.

by Anonymousreply 3307/18/2013

Ryan Seacrest and Teri Hatcher were mismatched. He has a quality that somehow prevents him from finding a perfect mate.

by Anonymousreply 3407/19/2013

Alan Rickman's longtime partner Rima is so homely she makes Deb Furness look like Aishwashrya Rai.

by Anonymousreply 3507/19/2013

Tom Selleck from the 80's and that Jillie Mack chick.

by Anonymousreply 3607/19/2013

Aaron Taylor-Johnson owns this thread!

by Anonymousreply 3707/19/2013

Hugh Jackman owns the thread, but really, what's the deal with Aaron Johnson and his wife? So, so strange.

by Anonymousreply 3807/19/2013

Ben and Jen garner Affleck

by Anonymousreply 3907/19/2013

"I remember thinking that one of the celeb wives was a real dog. But now I can remember which one. Mrs. Richard Carlson? Mrs. Forrest Tucker? Any help?"

Mrs. Richard Carlson was kinda mannish. Any truth to the rumor that Carlson was a closet case?

by Anonymousreply 4007/19/2013

I've never seen a pic of Rob Lowe's sons before now. Wow, that's unfortunate! Their father is drop-dead beautiful and they inherited none of his looks.

by Anonymousreply 4107/19/2013

Hugh Jackman looks like he is married to his overweight mother. No way in hell would a straight guy stay with a woman like that. She is quite lucky though, doesn't have to worry about him straying with hotter chicks, can eat whatever she wants, doesn't have to go the gym and lives in the lap of multimillionaire luxury as his beard. I always thought she is a lesbian.

Agree with R3 that Goopy could do better. Chris Martin looks like a dumb donkey and his music is shitty too.

by Anonymousreply 4207/19/2013

Rob Lowe's sons look like inbred hillbillies. Hard to believe someone so perfect looking could produce such homely kids.

by Anonymousreply 4407/21/2013

Rob Lowe and his homely wife. IIRC, she's a make-up artist. Make-up won't help in her case.

Sting and Trudie Styler. Trudie was cute when she lured him away from his first wife, her former best friend, but she's had too much plastic surgery over the years, she now looks quite hideous.

Lots of rockers wives are hideous. There are too many to list.

by Anonymousreply 4507/21/2013

Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel

by Anonymousreply 4607/21/2013

R42, You really need to get out more. I know many handsome straights that date and are happily married to objectively far, far less attractive ladies. Sometimes their overweight wives remind them of their Mothers or sisters, other times there's a strong emotional and intellectual connection. It also could be the case that the man doesn't want competition from other straights, and wants to be adored and even worshiped.

I've heard straights tell me that less attractive ladies are usually much better in bed because they try far harder to please. That's what almost every man wants.

by Anonymousreply 4707/21/2013

R47 I don't want to harp on appearances, but if one partner in a relationship does not care about her or his looks it is just very disrespectful toward the partner who does. Letting yourself go is just not cool.

by Anonymousreply 4807/21/2013

r52 I think your post is ridiculous. Lots of straight men end up with homely wives. If anything, they might cheat on their wives, but the idea they would never marry them or love them is strange. Especially since straight men are also looking for women that can be good mothers, and finding that it in attractive women doesn't always work out.

by Anonymousreply 4907/21/2013

r48 I agree. But many of these attractive partners got together with homely and unkempt people from the get go. It isn't always about people "letting themselves go." These people were always homely.

by Anonymousreply 5007/21/2013

Simon Baker and his wife are a good example. She isn't ugly, but she looks older(although I think they are the same age) and average looking.

Denzel Washington and his wife Pauletta.

by Anonymousreply 5107/21/2013

Jared Padalecki and his wife. He's hot, she's unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 5207/21/2013

He's not that hot, she's not that ugly. Stick to crushing on the other Jared who is truly hot.

by Anonymousreply 5307/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 5407/21/2013

How could Rob Lowe have ugly sons? I can't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 5507/21/2013

I just looked at the picture of Lowe's sons. They are going to be fine...the youngest one is just at that ugly stage and the older one will be good looking. What's the matter with you idiots?

by Anonymousreply 5607/21/2013

R48, Of course partners should focus on health and physical fitness, as well as grooming and flattering clothes, to look sexually appealing to each other. Just that there are many factors besides one's looks of why partners match up and happily stay together.

by Anonymousreply 5707/21/2013

Trudie Styler is terrible looking. I bet Sting's first wife is much more attractive but perhaps that wasn't what he was looking for?

by Anonymousreply 5807/21/2013

Jim Caveziel wins.

by Anonymousreply 5907/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 6007/21/2013

The thing is Pauletta Washington was very attractive when she was young but she has to be around 60, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 6107/21/2013

Here's Mr. and Mrs. Eric Bana. No beauty, is she?

But she was with him when he was an unemployable has-been in Australia, and now Hollywood considers him to be an unemployable has-been and they're still married. Maybe he's on to a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 6207/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 6307/21/2013

r56 - I halfway agree; Rob Lowe's older son is just sort of average looking. And the younger one will probably outgrow the ugly and turn out average as well. But neither got their dad's pretty genes.

Didn't their nanny or someone like that sue them for sexual harrassment? I think it got hushed up eventually, but I got the impression they are some major swingers.

by Anonymousreply 6407/21/2013

Pierce Brosnan and Moby Dick

by Anonymousreply 6507/21/2013

Over half the relationships mentioned aren't real and are straight up bearding arrangements, so there's not much that needs explaining. With the others, well, one would assume there are other factors, like love, compatibility, loyalty and shared values. Most of these guys married when they were struggling actors, and maybe the hot women were looking at men with more money, or, these guys just have different taste, and they find these women hot, even if other men don't. The fact that these women stayed with them through lean times and showed devotion and loyalty is in their favor. I mean, the actors have to know those women love them, whereas some guy chasing after a young pretty thing is probably always wondering if she's a gold digger, or a starlet using his fame and publicity to get ahead in the business.

by Anonymousreply 6607/21/2013

Ow R65 she has really ballooned though

by Anonymousreply 6707/21/2013

Goran Visnjic. He played Luka on ER. Here's a pic of him and his wife

by Anonymousreply 6807/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 6907/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 7007/21/2013

What the hell happened?

by Anonymousreply 7107/21/2013

She had children, you idiot. And a husband that loves HER no matter what she looks like. She probably had to starve herself and work out constantly to maintain her model figure. Now that she is a mother, she puts a priority on that -- and not working out 10 hours a day, while spending every other minute counting the calories in a leaf of lettuce.

by Anonymousreply 7207/21/2013

Goran vijnics wife looks like Courtney Love.

R72 is a fat Frau eating fritos as she types.

by Anonymousreply 7307/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 7407/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 7507/21/2013

I vaguely recall reading an interview with Brosnan in which he said that, after watching his first wife waste away from ovarian cancer, he found very thin women unattractive. His adopted daughter just recently died of cancer as well. Maybe being surrounded by loved who were emaciated due to illness has something to do with it.

Plus, it's not like he himself hasn't packed on the pounds recently. Granted, he still looks attractive, but nothing like he did 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 7607/21/2013

Honestly, I think both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver are both hideous so it was a complete shock that they had such a drop dead gorgeous son. Patrick could be a high fashion model. Stunning!

by Anonymousreply 7707/21/2013

R72 here:

Yeah, you guys know alllll about me.

No surprise, since you are so good at passing judgement.

by Anonymousreply 7807/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 7907/21/2013

Chris Martin is too sweet for Goop.

Emma Roberts is a hound, her bf seems so sweet.

[bold] Matt Bomer and Simon Halls. Matt can do so much better. [/bold]

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth.

by Anonymousreply 8007/21/2013

(R31) Those two hillbillies are actually perfect for eachother.

by Anonymousreply 8107/21/2013

It's the Kennedy genes r77. The brother just needs to shed the pounds. He looks like Maria.

by Anonymousreply 8207/21/2013

What's the deal with Marty Stuart and Connie Smith? She's 17 years older than him, though she does look good for her age.

by Anonymousreply 8307/21/2013

[quote]She had children, you idiot... She probably had to starve herself and work out constantly to maintain her model figure. Now that she is a mother, she puts a priority on that.

Now that she's a mother she totally lacks self-control and gorges herself with fattening food instead of eating sensible meals. Was it having children that turned her into a glutton, R72? Are you speaking from a similar experience?

by Anonymousreply 8507/21/2013

r72 - Having children didn't make her obese for life. And it's silly to pretend that the only choices are fat or anorexic. But obvs both she and Pierce are cool with her looks, so good on her.

This 2008 blind item was revealed as being about them. It's from Lainey, whom some of you hate, so take it or leave it:

Just As She Is

And many find this man perfect. Dashing, debonair, scandal-free, which is why some of late have been questioning his devotion to his wife, baffled by the attraction. Still… he remains happily married and committed, he loves her just as she is, but it turns out, what she is is a girl who likes other girls. With his permission.

A classic marriage of convenience... their commitment runs deep, they care for each other dearly, but they just don’t sleep in the same bed. As for his preferences – oddly enough, he doesn’t seem to have any. The easy assumption would be that he’s meanders about like John Travolta at a massage parlour, which isn’t the case. Not even close. No affairs, no gay hook ups, nothing. Just happy that his wife is happy… true love indeed.

by Anonymousreply 8607/21/2013

I bet even woman don't want her now. Although lesbians aren't as choosy.

by Anonymousreply 8707/21/2013

r86 Brosnan's is not what I would call a marriage of convenience, especially considering the amount of shit they both get about her appearance. It sounds like he genuinely cares about her, but just doesn't have any sex drive.

by Anonymousreply 8807/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 8907/21/2013

Shirley Jones and Marty Ingels

by Anonymousreply 9007/21/2013

r88 - Well, if she's sexually attracted to women and he's celibate, then it is pretty much a marriage of convenience rather than a romantic partnership.

I think the majority of marriages become more about convenience or habit over time though.

by Anonymousreply 9107/21/2013

From the past: Louis Prima and Keely Smith

Mickey Rooney and Ava Gardner

by Anonymousreply 9207/21/2013

Shirley Jones and Jack Cassidy

by Anonymousreply 9307/21/2013

r72 Stop having children doesn't make a woman obese. She simply isn't taking care of herself. She isn't slightly overweight-- but very overweight. That said, I think it is admirable that Pierce doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 9407/22/2013

The poor thing at R79 has cankles.

by Anonymousreply 9507/22/2013

Having children doesn't make a woman obese, but some people gain more easily than others and having children can increase that tendency.

Having children can also make a woman realize that there are things more important than having a perfect body, something some Dataloungers could stand to learn.

by Anonymousreply 9607/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 9707/22/2013

[quote]there are things more important than having a perfect body, something some Dataloungers could stand to learn.

You're the one claiming people think she should have "a perfect body." Nobody has made that claim. Do you ALWAYS stray so far from the truth or just when it's hitting home, Tubby?

She's morbidly obese and placing herself at risk to not even see her own children grow into adulthood. What kind of parenting is that????

by Anonymousreply 9807/22/2013

R57 I am definitely a believer in feminism, but honestly I also truly believe that still a large number of women only want to get married because they are after financial security. Once they got a man they just don't care about their appearance and their looks anymore (same goes for men btw!) I don't get that kind of attitude, I find it selfish, unsophisticated and careless. Not only want I look good or as best as I can for my partner and my children, but I also want to see something nice when I look in the mirror. Humans have a desire for beauty. It's not just a thing of today's media saturated times, it has always been that way - and it does not make us superficial individuals when we still do care about our looks!

"Especially since straight men are also looking for women that can be good mothers, and finding that it in attractive women doesn't always work out."

I think you just won first price for most misogynistic quote of the year!

by Anonymousreply 9907/22/2013

Falling in love encompasses more than just physical attraction. You fall in love with the person and have an emotional and intellectual connection as well. I'm objectively better looking than my boyfriend, but he's the best man I've ever dated. I've dated very attractive guys who turn out to be not-so-great boyfriends. I'd rather have what I have now.

by Anonymousreply 10007/22/2013

Going old school - Van Johnson Finally married Evie Wynn, divorced from Keenan Wynn, one of those ugly but glamorous types - couture clothes and always perfectly made up

by Anonymousreply 10107/22/2013

I feel sorry for you not knowing the difference between beauty and shallowness.

by Anonymousreply 10307/23/2013

r99 My comment wasn't misogynistic at all. Quite the opposite. People being shocked that a rich and famous straight man is with a less attractive women(which is subjective, these men could actually think their women are gorgeous) is odd. It assumes that they ONLY consider the looks of their partner. They are also looking for personality and who can be a good mother(if he wants children).

by Anonymousreply 10407/24/2013

I find it extremely offensive that you think attractive and good mother or good personality and good looking can not be found in the same person. It's not 1920 anymore you know!

by Anonymousreply 10507/24/2013

r105 Attractive people can be good parents and have good personalities. But my point is that it also can be found in physically unattractive people, so it shouldn't be shocking to believe a straight man would be with a physically unattractive woman. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 10607/24/2013

And he's said before that he associates thinness with illness, so maybe he does find her attractive. I don't, but I'm not the one who married her.

by Anonymousreply 10707/24/2013

Not that Joanne wasn't attractive but Paul really was the beauty in that relationship.

by Anonymousreply 10910/07/2013

Howard Hughes and Jean Peters

Howard Hughes and Terry Moore

Howard Hughes and David Bacon

Howard Hughes and Jack Buetel

Howard Hughes and a cast of thousands

by Anonymousreply 11010/07/2013

Holy crap R60, no wonder she's so mean. She looks like she has a scar from having her Adam's apple removed.

by Anonymousreply 11110/07/2013

Timberlake and Jessica

by Anonymousreply 11210/07/2013

Ref Pierce Brosnan's wife, some men REALLY like the chubby girls. My next door neighbor is 54 and overweight, she's Italian with a big beautiful smile and she looks almost sloppy overweight but men are just drawn to her. She radiates warmth and confidence and she NEVER says anything nasty or mean about people. One night at a neighborhood BBQ I overheard a good looking 30 something tell another young guy "God she's great, I would love to fuck her".

Some of the guys I work with really go for the chubby girls if they're pretty and well dressed. Probably the same reason some guys like bears.

by Anonymousreply 11310/07/2013

R76. I had not seen that interview but I did read the one where he talked about how wonderful the 2nd Mrs Brosnan because she accepted the fact that he and his children had loved the first Mrs Brosnan so much. I am not describing it well, but it made me have a lot of respect for him. He must be a real, level headed, thoughtful person to be so mature and respectful. I was sorry too about his daughter. Dreadful thing to lose a child to the same disease.

by Anonymousreply 11510/08/2013

Jon Hamm Jimmy Fallon (wife must be a beard)

by Anonymousreply 11610/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!