Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Royal Baby Watch and Discussion Thread

The due date has come and gone. Boy? Girl? Equine? Straight? Edward?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 21707/24/2013

We are not past the due date. The palace said only "in July."

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 107/14/2013

R1, not according to the Bible of all things medical, Us Weekly.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 207/14/2013

Who gives a shit?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 307/14/2013

Elizabeth Diana Windsor, a.k.a. Elizabeth III.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 407/14/2013

It was reported months ago that the due date was July 13. Kate's late.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 507/14/2013

We spun the sperm.....it will be a boy. (or else)

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 607/14/2013

I think it's going to be a girl and the name will be Jane Elizabeth Diana.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 707/14/2013

Charles...and then William.

After those two, it will be many years and time for a female on the throne again. I hope it's a girl.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 807/14/2013

[quote] Charles...and then William.

Nah, Lizzie will outlive Charles. It will then be Wills, followed by little Lizzie III.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 907/14/2013

I think the monarchy will die with Charles. It seems so silly in this day and age, but 10 decades of Elizabeth II has bought the Windsors a little more time.

Anyway, when Prince Balding and the Duchess of Do-Nothing have their royal crotchfruit, they should name her Diana Camilla Jade.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 1007/14/2013

She probably had the kid already and just wants to starve herself back to her previous anorexic shape before she has to go in front of the media

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 1107/14/2013

Elizabeth Diana Carole Dorothy

or

George Philip Charles Michael

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 1207/14/2013

[quote]It was reported months ago that the due date was July 13.

Link please.

The Palace said no such thing, ever.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 1307/14/2013

Arthur James if a boy (nod to Wales and Scotland)

Elizabeth Victoria if a girl

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 1407/14/2013

[quote]10 decades of Elizabeth II has bought the Windsors a little more time.

It only feels like ten decades.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 1607/15/2013

Palace not ready for bris (circumcision) Posted: 12:11 AM, July 15, 2013

Cindy Adams In a London Letter to the Editor, Michael Cole, formerly of the BBC, writes that Prince William’s grandparents-in-law Dorothy and Ronald Goldsmith are “both Jews.” Dorothy’s parents? “Both Jews.” “A Jew on her matriarchal side, Kate’s baby will be a Jew per Jewish law and tradition.”

A bris in Buckingham?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 1707/15/2013

[quote]Kate’s baby will be a Jew per Jewish law and tradition

In all likelihood the monarchy will topple and disappear long before its Jewish heir becomes "Defender of the Faith" of the Church of England.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 1807/15/2013

"Accept it — Kate Middleton is not a Jewish princess"

Prepare yourself for the most disappointing news of the week — the royal baby will not be Jewish.

Hopes for a kosher birth were raised when The Times published a letter from no less an authority than the former BBC court correspondent Michael Cole, claiming that the Duchess of Cambridge had identifiable Jewish roots.

Mr Cole had looked at the family tree of the duchess’s mother and was pretty confident in his assertion. “Carole Middleton is the daughter of Ronald Goldsmith and Dorothy Harrison, both Jews. The parents of Dorothy were Robert Harrison and Elizabeth Temple, both Jews. Elizabeth was descended from the Myers, a distinguished 19th-century Jewish family.”

He concluded: “The Duchess of Cambridge is a Jew on her matriarchal side, and therefore her baby will be a Jew.”

But now a leading genealogist has poured cold water on suggestions that a Jewish king or queen will ascend to the throne in the not too distant future.

“It’s nonsense,” said Doreen Berger, the chairman of the Jewish Genealogy Society (JGS). “I have been researching Kate Middleton’s ancestry since it looked like she was getting engaged to Prince William.

“I’ve looked back as far as it’s possible to look back and she doesn’t have a Jewish link at all — it’s just not true. I’m 100 per cent sure.”

She added that Mr Cole was “confused. The names — Myers and Goldsmiths — are shared by non-Jews as well as Jews. Carole Middleton’s ancestors were a coal miner and a carpenter and they were not from Jewish areas.”

Ms Berger said her research was definitive but she acknowledged that it would not prevent people clinging to the idea that Prince William had married an authentically Jewish princess. “I don’t know where it came from but it keeps coming up. It’s a hard rumour to stop.”

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 1907/15/2013

There can only be TWO names for this child! "Ulysses David," if it's a boy! And if it's a girl, "Ulyssia David-a"!

And THAT'S IT!!!

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 2007/15/2013

R19, Why didn't the New York Post review Cindy Adams column for authenticity?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 2107/15/2013

Because it's the New York Post.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 2207/15/2013

R22, Not familiar with the New York Post, and not an East Coaster. Notice that they acquire articles from Tony Ortega's blog.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 2307/15/2013

r23, where are you from? You cannot be from the US and not know the NY Post.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 2407/15/2013

Her due date was not this weekend. She would not have travelled all the way to her parents' house and so far away from the hospital if she was that close to her delivery date. Also, William would have been close by if she was that near. The date was obviously a red herring.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 2507/15/2013

R26, Does CNN have any more credibility than the New York Post? I'm not up to date on the reliability of all of these "news sources."

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 2707/16/2013

[quote]Boy? Girl? Equine? Straight? Edward?

Stillborn is not an option?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 2907/17/2013

Has the Queen become more interactive in her old age? Or is it that she's always chatted with people on her walkabouts and now everyone records everything with their phones? Last week she allowed her picture to be taken with a little Girl Scout and her troop's stuffed animal mascot. Here she's talking to a little kid about anticipating the arrival.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 3007/17/2013

Royal watchers eagerly await the arrival of a child that will be heir to the British throne. Here's what you need to know and the latest developments:

• Queen Elizabeth II is among those keen for the new baby to greet the world. On a visit to northern England Wednesday, she was asked by a little girl whether she wants her great-grandchild to be a boy or a girl. The queen replied: "I don't think I mind. I would very much like it to arrive. I'm going on holiday."

• The Duchess of Cambridge is now overdue. A royal source tells CNN that her due date was July 13. She and Prince William announced at the start of the year that the baby was due in July, but did not announce the date.

• Prince Charles' wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, said Monday that the family was on tenterhooks for the baby's arrival -- and suggested it could be very soon. "We're all waiting at the end of a telephone," she said, in an exchange filmed by ITV. "I hope by the end of the week, he or she will be there."

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 3107/18/2013

It will be a girl and maybe, just maybe, her middle name will be Diana. I think it will be a pretty name, unlike the ones Sarah Ferguson chose -- Beatrice and ???

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 3207/18/2013

Eugenie, R32. Miss Scarlett told me if it was a girl she was going to name it Eugenia Victoria.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 3307/18/2013

False alarm. Turns out I just had to take a massive dump.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 3507/18/2013

Just plop the bloody creature already!

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 3707/18/2013

Did it get stuck?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 3807/18/2013

No baby? Where's the baby?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 4007/18/2013

Kate is going to end up at the hospital by her parents house. Just watch. It's what she has wanted from the beginning. But the Queen vetoed that plan.

Big face on the press sitting out there for a week. Spending god knows how much. But I bet William doesn't mind that one bit.

If Katherine/William can pull this off, I think there will be a shift in the power struggle within the royal family.

Wolf was going ballistic talking to the British reporter. Strongly suggested that CNN Britain get a crew over to the other hospital and pronto.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 4107/18/2013

I know this doesn't fit here but since I can't start threads I don't have much choice. Queen Elizabeth ripped Governor Christie over his gay marriage stance.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 4207/18/2013

R42 Did you also know the word gullible is not in the dictionary?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 4307/18/2013

You DO realise that Borowitz is a parody piece, don't you, R42?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 4507/18/2013

Bitch needs to quit milking the situation. Drop that baby weight, Kate!

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 4607/18/2013

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Caroline

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 4807/19/2013

No baby yet?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 4907/19/2013

R42, lookin' to buy a bridge? Got one right here.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 5007/19/2013

I realize Kate's reluctant to give birth because she'll have to go back to work shortly thereafter.

Lazy bitch.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 5207/19/2013

Push! Push! Think of England.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 5407/19/2013

Won't this baby get here? It must like it in there.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 5507/19/2013

Does the Tiny Windsor automatically outrank his/her mum from the moment s/he finally exits the Royal Womb?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 5607/19/2013

Yes, VOTN. It'll become 3rd in the British Line of Succession; however, as long as William is alive, Kate's not exactly chopped liver. Her rank runs parallel to her husband's in terms of social stature; however, she holds very little (ceremonial) power.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 5707/19/2013

Well, they've already let her christen a ship, so...

I'd just hate for her to end up like Anne, having to do all of the Tesco-ribbon cuttings with no actual share of the fun parts. You know, the beheadings and so forth.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 5807/19/2013

Carlotta Brigitte Tiphanni Dawn Windsor. Bitches

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 6007/19/2013

I predict she will give birth to a pillow.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 6107/19/2013

Sweetie, darling, at least she isn't like Fergie! Such an embarrassment!

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 6207/19/2013

Kate has to curtsy to Camilla.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 6307/19/2013

Baby Cambridge is probably hiding out in it's mother's womb because it heard about Horsey Camilla.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 6407/19/2013

If its a girl, decades from now Europe will be dominated by reigning queens:

Norway- Queen Ingrid Alexandra Belgium- Queen Elisabeth The Netherlands- Queen Catharine Amalia Sweden- Queen Estelle Spain- Queen Leonor (not sure if this has been finalized though, maybe a brother could bump her) The UK- ???

Japan should have a reigning empress by then, but the princess (rightful heir after her father) has been pushed aside in succession

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 6507/19/2013

[quote]Kate has to curtsy to Camilla.

As she does to the ugly-stepsisters Beatrice and Eugenia. That'll put her in her place.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 6607/19/2013

[quote]As she does to the ugly-stepsisters Beatrice and Eugenia. That'll put her in her place.

Wait until she's Queen Consort and see her exact revenge.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 6807/20/2013

When Diana was stripped of her HRH title, she was obligated to curtsy to Princess Michael of Kent who is/was another resident of Kensington Palace. However, she sent a note to Diana that it wouldn't be expected.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 6907/20/2013

If they have any subsequent daughters, will the daughters get bullshit titles like Anne?

And does Good Queen Bess care at all about her other great-grandchildren?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7007/20/2013

VOTN, which bullshit titles does Anne have?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7107/20/2013

I'm referring to "The Princess Royal." It's not hereditary, and neither of her children have titles, unlike all her nieces and nephews.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7207/20/2013

Princess Royal was a great honor bestowed on her by her mother in recognition of how hard she works for her charities And how much dignity she's brought to the royal family. It is hardly bullshit.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7307/20/2013

VOTN, Princess Royal has been around since the 1600s. It's one of the rarer titles. There have only been seven.

"Princess Royal is a style customarily (but not automatically) awarded by a British monarch to his or her eldest daughter. The style is held for life, so a princess cannot be given the style during the lifetime of another Princess Royal."

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7407/20/2013

There can only be one Princess Royal alive at any given time. No one but Anne can have the title until she dies.

The Princess Royal also has to be given to the child of a sitting monarch who is the eldest daughter but who is not the direct heir to the throne.

If William and Kate's firstborn is a female, she will be Princess ____ of Cambridge until her father inherits the throne, at which point since the rules have now changed I assume she becomes the Princess of Wales.

If William and Kate's firstborn is male, then the eldest daughter after him could be made the Princess Royal when William inherits the throne if Anne is dead. But even then it does not come automatically; it has to be granted specifically by the monarch. Queen Victoria gave the title to her daughter Vicky at birth, but Elizabeth II waited until Anne was middle-aged to give her the title, even though the previous Princess Royal had died more than 20 years earlier.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7507/20/2013

I'm just saying, she didn't get it until her mother gave it to her (She would still be Princess Anne even thought it, right?). Tiny Windsor will be automatically anointed and bump her even further down the line. Plus, like I said, she's the one that has to open every Tesco, and doesn't get to condemn people to the Tower or issue Royal Warrants or anything fun like that.

I assume whenever Betty either abdicates or dies, Charles will probably be a little more benevolent towards the Siblings Phillips, and at least knight them or something.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7607/20/2013

[quote]And does Good Queen Bess care at all about her other great-grandchildren?

She probably will because she's a nice family woman. She likes her non-royal grandchildren supposedly as much as her royal grandchildren: Peter Phillips is reportedly her and Philip's favorite grandchild, though they also dote on William and Beatrice. (Harry, Eugenie, Zara, Cross-Eyes and little James also are loved by them too, of course.)

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7707/20/2013

VOTN, one of Princess Anne's children, Zara Phillips, is the fictional monarch, Queen Zara, in the graphic novel, V for Vendetta.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7807/20/2013

Destynee Khaleesi Windsor

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 7907/20/2013

Oh, I know that.

But for that to actually happen, Zara would have to lose her grandmother, her uncles, her cousins, her mother, her brother, and then her niece and nephew.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 8007/20/2013

She was born a princess, correct. She probably does open Tescos and doesn't condemn people to the Tower, but not even the monarch condemns people to the Tower any longer.I think her siblings also open Tescos and places like that. :)

The Queen offered Captain Mark Phillips, Anne's first husband, an earldom, but he turned it down. Similarly, they did not want titles for their children. Don't blame the Queen for a lack of benevolence to the "Siblings Phillips"; blame their parents.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 8107/20/2013

VOTN, at the time V for Vendetta was written, Zara was quite high up in the royal succession and presumably in the nuclear conflict, other members of the royal family were killed or, being relatively young and pliable, she was selected by the government to be a puppet monarch.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 8207/20/2013

Still not baby? Is it still?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 8307/20/2013

Is it too soon for some dead baby jokes?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 8407/20/2013

[quote]The due date has come and gone

That "due date" was created by the media and gambling houses. The real due date is the 4th week in July.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 8507/20/2013

It's never too soon for dead baby jokes. Please proceed.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 8607/20/2013

baby will be a boy. She bought a baby blue Buggaboo pram in the not too distant past

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 8807/21/2013

Hoping for Baby King Arthur soon!

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 8907/21/2013

Team Artie.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9007/21/2013

So cool if we had a real King Arthur in our lifetime.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9107/21/2013

Even tho I was initially hoping for a boy, now really I do hope, for the baby´s sake it will be a girl.

You see, men of the Windsor family start being extremely good looking, but by the time they are in their late 20's it all goes to hell.

William is the most recent example. Harry will become hideous by the time he's 40.

And, by looking of vintage photos, both Andrew and Edward were very handsome young men. Now one is bloated, and the other is downright ugly.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9207/21/2013

I remember when William was the best looking guy in the world. I think Kate's non-cousin/non-related genes will help.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9307/21/2013

I don't understand why Harry is viewed as good looking. He is a very average looking guy who is well groomed.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9407/21/2013

Yeah, Kate's brother is ugly, so that won't help either.

PS: Just discovered that Charles' brother Edward for a very brief period 1981-1984 was extremely good looking, even hot, if I dare to say so.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9507/21/2013

Proof

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9607/21/2013

[quote]Proof

Poof is more like it.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9707/21/2013

If the media hadn't started this baby watch so damn early, then no one would be getting so anxious. But like everything else, the media and gossip rags beat a dead horse into the ground until no one cares about whatever the issue happens to be.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9807/21/2013

Is this shit still going on? She hasn't popped it out yet?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 9907/21/2013

They need to take her to Stonehenge tomorrow for the full moon. Put her at center, form a wide circle, and sing something suitable.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10007/21/2013

If it's a girl, I'm hoping they name her Jemima Puddle-duck.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10107/21/2013

Leo is 2 days away, I think the new heir to the throne will be a LION!

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10207/21/2013

Waity Katie takes her goddamn time with everything. Maybe she'll have the kid in 8 years too.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10307/21/2013

She needs to start dressing her salads with balsamic vinegar.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10407/21/2013

CNN Breaking News: Prince William’s wife Catherine is at the hospital to give birth to their first child.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10507/22/2013

Bloody well about time.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10607/22/2013

Finally. That thing was getting too comfortable in there.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10707/22/2013

"Royal baby is on the way; Catherine enters hospital"

I hope this doesn't mess with the Queen's holiday.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10807/22/2013

I hope it's not deformed.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 10907/22/2013

What if she has triplets?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11007/22/2013

Royal baby: Pregnant duchess taken to hospital

The Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to hospital and is in the early stages of labour, Kensington Palace has said.

She travelled by car from the palace to St Mary's in Paddington, west London, with her husband the Duke of Cambridge.

The couple do not know the gender of their first child, who will be third in line to the throne.

The BBC's Nick Witchell said there was likely to be no more news until the official announcement of the birth.

The world's press have been camped outside St Mary's for days in anticipation of the birth. The due date had never been officially announced but had widely been expected to be mid-July.

The Duke of Cambridge has been with his wife on annual leave and will have two weeks' paternity leave.

Catherine's final public appearance before the birth was at the Trooping the Colour ceremony in June.

Under new laws to succession the baby will remain third in line to the throne regardless of gender.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were married at Westminster Abbey in April 2011, watched on television by millions of people around the world.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11107/22/2013

It will look like Winston Churchill. All babies look like Winston Churchill.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11207/22/2013

Of course all of us here in the US get stuck with crimes of the century on CNN. As if they haven't played it 25 times before.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11307/22/2013

I want the bsby to be a male who grows up to realize he wants to be a woman. Queen Arthur.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11407/22/2013

Still not here?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11507/22/2013

It's only been four hours. While I'm sure they've paid to have the quickest and most painless form of childbirth available to medical science, that would be a tad fast.

Just, thank god she married well and doesn't have to depend on the whims of the National Health.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11607/22/2013

I'm so fucking sick and tired of hearing about this baby.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11707/22/2013

Thanks, VOTN. I have no experience with labor and how many hours it typically takes.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11807/22/2013

I hope it's a girl. Afterall, the changes in the law about the first born female becoming queen will be all for naught for at least another 30 years.

After Charles and William's turn, I won't be around to see it, but after William, it should be a Queen again.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 11907/22/2013

For a first time mother, labor takes an average of ~10 hours. Depending on when Kate's labor started, it could still be a bit of a haul before the Anointed One emerges from the Royal Vadge.

So, just smoke copious amounts of weed and relax. I'm trying to decide what she's going to name it.

So far, I've come up with Seaking if it's a boy (after those helicopters William flies), and Tiggy if it's a girl.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 12007/22/2013

Did she give birth to Baby Gino yet?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 12107/22/2013

VOTN, do you thinking any beheadings should take place to celebrate the birth, or is this an event only worthy of Anne opening a couple of Tescos?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 12207/22/2013

The "private" hospital Kate is in is the NHS with bells on. If she needs specialist care ect she will be using NHS services. That is why she is in there as it's very close to other specialist units.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 12307/22/2013

Probably the latter.

Isn't the Queen already up at Balmoral? That's her time to walk around in a housecoat, smoke weed, and basically chill from her duties as head of state. She's not going to harsh her buzz by hopping on the Royal Flight back to London until she knows for sure that the littlest heir is healthy and penised.

Although, there is that public square right in front of Edinburgh Castle, so I guess she could have the Scottish Executive arrange a few beheading in a crunch.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 12407/22/2013

Baby quiz. Kind of funny.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 12507/22/2013

What the hell is La Maison de Bang Bang?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 12707/22/2013

I don't know, VOTN, but I think it is something DL should know about and make fun of constantly.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 12807/22/2013

Maison de Bang Bang

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 12907/22/2013

Well, you know that when the baby finally arrives, Charles is going to take forever to get there, because he's going to have to ask his drive to stop every time he passes a plant between Clarence House and the hospital, just so he can get out and ask how it's doing.

I've been trying imagine what Philip would say if, after the baby is born, it's mysteriously a different race.

I'm going to hell (or the Tower) for this.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13007/22/2013

[quote]I'm so fucking sick and tired of hearing about this baby.

Oh, we've barely even begun.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13107/22/2013

VOTN, do you think the Queen likes to toke and stroke (Philip that is or a house servant) while at Balmoral when she's not signing the occasional warrant or asking Anne to pick up some cream at Tesco?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13207/22/2013

Charlotte Anne

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13307/22/2013

[quote]VOTN, do you think the Queen likes to toke and stroke (Philip that is or a house servant) while at Balmoral when she's not signing the occasional warrant or asking Anne to pick up some cream at Tesco?

I think she's currently out testing the hydraulics on Ye Royal Low-Rider and blasting rap as loud as the system will go.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13407/22/2013

OMG! It's a baby.. So many babies are born every day! This is Suri Cruise all over again! We are not giving birth to the messiah people! It will Shit, cry, spit up, and be all spoiled in fine accoutrements for the rest of its life. All babies are special human beings not just the ones born into fame and fortune.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13507/22/2013

Krystol Shyanne Windsor

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13607/22/2013

Is there a chance the baby is of a different race? I need to get my speech ready.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13707/22/2013

Can someone please start a thread with a poll predicting the babies gender?

Thanks in advance.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13807/22/2013

Her Royal *High*ness has been annoying the staff by going around randomly firing her Glock 9 in the air, and flashing gang signs at the Royal Company of Archers.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 13907/22/2013

It's spelled "babby" on DL, if I recall correctly.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14007/22/2013

I find all those Britons living in their tiny homes (while the aristocracy owns one third of the land) being all atwitter about the birth of another Royal while they're just scraping by and their own kids are doing without, sad.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14107/22/2013

R140, "babby" on applies to "athiests" when devoting the spawn of good Christians.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14207/22/2013

I meant to write "devouring".

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14307/22/2013

Oh, can it R141. England isn't the third world. Royal baby watching is a celebration of a positive event. It unites people.

Wish we had something positive to unite us instead of constantly sneering our disgust for the likes of the Kartrashians and Honey Boo Boo.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14407/22/2013

If it's a girl they should called her Patsy.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14507/22/2013

R,145, what would be its middle name? Kensit?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14607/22/2013

R146 must be new here.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14707/22/2013

Will the BBC have a V cam (or C cam for DLers) so we can see the birth live?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14807/22/2013

Kate pussy hasn't been stretched to the max since Harry gave her the royal treatment at Sandringham!

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 14907/22/2013

[quote]R,145, what would be its middle name? Kensit?

I name the child Eurydice Colette Clytemnestra Dido Bathsheba Rabelais Patricia Cocteau... Mountbatten-Windsor! Now take it away! And bring me another lover.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15007/22/2013

Her Royal *High*ness has just completed a round of prank-calling the other crowned heads of state. Willem-Alexander, being new to the gig, actually went and checked to see if the refrigerator was running.

Now, she's got a killer case of the munchies and she keeps texting Anne to bring home some wine gums, an extra-large bag of Smarties, and a few 40s of malt liquor.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15107/22/2013

How did the newly-installed King of the Belgians, Phillippe, take the crank call?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15207/22/2013

Count on seeing North West soon.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15307/22/2013

Is this baby the Kwisatz Haderach?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15407/22/2013

Kate's been in labor for several hours now. Has she ever worked this long in her entire life???

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15507/22/2013

So the little pip is on its way finally.

Alexandra Elizabeth Victoria Diana if a girl. James Philip Charles Henry if a boy.

VOTN so glad to see you here :) Always a welcome presence on the DL during major events.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15607/22/2013

R141 - Luckily that is the one thing we retained from British rule. People in NYC, LA, DC, Chicago live in cringe worthy housing while the rest of us live on estates (usually two of them). These are the things that make life worth living.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15707/22/2013

[quote]Will the BBC have a V cam (or C cam for DLers) so we can see the birth live?

Well, the Home Secretary won't be there so maybe it will be recorded. Just in case.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15807/22/2013

There hasn't been a Charlotte for a while, has there been? I don't think it would matter that Queen Charlotte had been German -- so was Victoria and Vicky is considered the queen of all queens in Britain.

Of course, Mandy would be nice. Or how about Kaylee or Jaydin? Or, put them together and you get Kaydin, a perfect 21st century.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 15907/22/2013

[quote]How did the newly-installed King of the Belgians, Phillippe, take the crank call?

He let a stream of Walloon curses under his breath, rolled his eyes, and mimed taking a toke off a joint to Queen Mathilde when she asked him what was going on.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16007/22/2013

There was a princess Amelia once. I think it's a suitable name.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16107/22/2013

R161, how about Amelia Bedelia Windsor?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16207/22/2013

Maison de bang bang is for rent

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16307/22/2013

Is it by the hour, R163?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16407/22/2013

It's a boy!

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16507/22/2013

Born 4 fucking hours ago and NOW they announce it.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16607/22/2013

Robert Matthew Carson Windsor, named for Downton Abbey!

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16707/22/2013

Finally. She must have a very tight pussy.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16807/22/2013

Will he also be a queen like Edward?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 16907/22/2013

[quote]Oh, can it [R141]. England isn't the third world. Royal baby watching is a celebration of a positive event. It unites people.

That's revolting.

The monarchy has caused so much damage, so much bloodshed, these people should not be celebrated.

Try getting a fucking life, and stay out of this woman's twat.

It's another entitled rich brat.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17007/22/2013

Speaking of strange names, 49th in the royal line of succession is Zenouska Mowatt.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17107/22/2013

So what? Who cares?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17207/22/2013

Have they been able to reach Anne at Tesco to let her know if the birth?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17307/22/2013

[quote]The monarchy has caused so much damage, so much bloodshed,

The monarch has had no role in the actual government of the nation for more than three full centuries.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17407/22/2013

But they can do beheadings, issue warrants and open Tescos.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17507/22/2013

When he becomes king, will we be fortunate enough to still sing "God Save the Queen"?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17607/22/2013

Her Royal *High*ness was informed of the birth after her footmen had been banging on the door for over an hour, trying to be heard over the Bob Marley. She'd just gotten some primo chronic in a care package from His Excellency, Sir Patrick Allen, the current Governor-General of Jamaica, and well, it was 4:20 *somewhere*.

She told the footmen to sod off, because they were harshing her buzz, and then resumed blowing smoke into the Corgis' ears.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17707/22/2013

VOTN, is it a coincidence that the announced birth time was 4:24? It was probably 4:20 but the palace likely changed it from 4:20 so as to draw attention away from Her "High"nesses common habit. They're blowing smoke up the public's collective asses, so to speak.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17807/22/2013

What is the last name of Charles, William and Harry? Is it Windsor?

Like what does it say on their driving license?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 17907/22/2013

Windsor bump.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18007/22/2013

R179, I know that at school, and I think work, William and Harry went with the surname "Wales".

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18107/22/2013

Question:

Does the entire family fall under the name of "The House of Windsor" I realize that Charles is referred to as Wales and Wiliam as Cambridge, but those aren't really their last names or "houses of?" I thought that those names are titles that somewhat serve as unofficial last names until they assume the throne.

Then once they actually sit on the throne and become king (or queen), doesn't "Windsor" become their last name once again?

Queen Elizabeth's "last name" if you want to call it that was unofficially "York" being the daughter of the Duke of York. She was Princess Elizabeth of York when she was young. But once she became queen, she fell under "The House of Windsor," and "York" went away to be used by the next Duke and Duchess of York, Andrew and Sarah. From what I've read, "York" has generally been reserved for the second son of the monarch, which is what Elizabeth's father was--and which is Prince Andrew now.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18207/22/2013

I don't think they technically have last names.

If you were to look at Charles' passport (assuming that he had to clear customs like the rest of us peasants), it would say something like "Charles, Prince of the Royal Blood."

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18307/22/2013

Sometime this afternoon, Carole Middleton received a request for a collect call from a "Kate Weadababyitzaboy." She refused the charges.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18407/22/2013

Here's a Huffington Post article regarding last names:

"Now that Prince William and Kate Middleton are married, some are wondering their last name.

Like other descendants of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, William's surname is Mountbatten-Windsor, and it will be Kate's too by marriage.

As explained by the official British royal website, the Queen's descendants carry the royal surname Windsor, as well as the name Mountbatten to reflect her husband Prince Philip's surname.

The royal website explains further that the surnames are not always used, only when they are formally needed, such as the case of marriage.

While Prince William will be recorded as a Mountbatten-Windsor in the marriage registry today, he may choose a new name at a later point, specifically if and when he becomes king. As explained here, "Since a royal proclamation is not binding on succeeding rulers, King William could decide to add a name or two."

Prince William and Kate, who will go by the name of Catherine, also gained the titles Duke and Duchess of Cambridge upon their marriage today, conferred upon them by Queen Elizabeth II."

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18507/22/2013

Here's the explanation from the site of the UK monarchy:

"People often ask whether members of the Royal Family have a surname, and, if so, what it is.

Members of the Royal Family can be known both by the name of the Royal house, and by a surname, which are not always the same. And often they do not use a surname at all.

Before 1917, members of the British Royal Family had no surname, but only the name of the house or dynasty to which they belonged.

Kings and princes were historically known by the names of the countries over which they and their families ruled. Kings and queens therefore signed themselves by their first names only, a tradition in the United Kingdom which has continued to the present day.

The names of dynasties tended to change when the line of succession was taken by a rival faction within the family (for example, Henry IV and the Lancastrians, Edward IV and the Yorkists, Henry VII and the Tudors), or when succession passed to a different family branch through females (for example, Henry II and the Angevins, James I and the Stuarts, George I and the Hanoverians).

Just as children can take their surnames from their father, so sovereigns normally take the name of their 'House' from their father. For this reason, Queen Victoria's eldest son Edward VII belonged to the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (the family name of his father Prince Albert). Edward VII's son George V became the second king of that dynasty when he succeeded to the throne in 1910.

In 1917, there was a radical change, when George V specifically adopted Windsor, not only as the name of the 'House' or dynasty, but also as the surname of his family. The family name was changed as a result of anti-German feeling during the First World War, and the name Windsor was adopted after the Castle of the same name.

At a meeting of the Privy Council on 17 July 1917, George V declared that 'all descendants in the male line of Queen Victoria, who are subjects of these realms, other than female descendants who marry or who have married, shall bear the name of Windsor'.

The Royal Family name of Windsor was confirmed by The Queen after her accession in 1952. However, in 1960, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh decided that they would like their own direct descendants to be distinguished from the rest of the Royal Family (without changing the name of the Royal House), as Windsor is the surname used by all the male and unmarried female descendants of George V.

It was therefore declared in the Privy Council that The Queen's descendants, other than those with the style of Royal Highness and the title of Prince/Princess, or female descendants who marry, would carry the name of Mountbatten-Windsor.

This reflected Prince Philip's surname. In 1947, when Prince Philip of Greece became naturalised, he assumed the name of Philip Mountbatten as a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy.

The effect of the declaration was that all The Queen's children, on occasions when they needed a surname, would have the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.

For the most part, members of the Royal Family who are entitled to the style and dignity of HRH Prince or Princess do not need a surname, but if at any time any of them do need a surname (such as upon marriage), that surname is Mountbatten-Windsor.

The surname Mountbatten-Windsor first appeared on an official document on 14 November 1973, in the marriage register at Westminster Abbey for the marriage of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips.

A proclamation on the Royal Family name by the reigning monarch is not statutory; unlike an Act of Parliament, it does not pass into the law of the land. Such a proclamation is not binding on succeeding reigning sovereigns, nor does it set a precedent which must be followed by reigning sovereigns who come after.

Unless The Prince of Wales chooses to alter the present decisions when he becomes king, he will continue to be of the House of Windsor and his grandchildren will use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor."

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18607/22/2013

"But once she became queen, she fell under 'The House of Windsor'"

She was always under the House of Windsor, as the above posts explain. Her father was of the House of Windsor but was also Duke of York. He later he became the king upon the abdication of his brother. Elizabeth was Princess of York just as the new baby, who is son of the Duke of Cambridge (who uses "Wales" in the military and used it at school) is Prince of Cambridge. In addition, as someone mentioned, it wasn't expected that Elizabeth would become queen.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18707/22/2013

Thank you, R185, R186. Very helpful and thorough.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18807/22/2013

Will the boy be circumcised?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 18907/23/2013

The article leaves out the fact that the Mountbatten name was Battenburg and was changed during WWI to sound less German.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19007/23/2013

r190 .....and has the same meaning.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19107/23/2013

I wonder when Tina Brown is going to announce the name of the baby.

After all, as she told us after the fact, she knew in advance that Kate was going to be wearing McQueen at the wedding.

Her Royal *High*ness knows she's got to put in a public appearance, so she's hoovered up a line of Harry's really good blow, and has regretfully sent the Royal Iced-Out Grill back to the secret vault in the Tower.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19207/23/2013

They finally showed him too the world.

Oh, and VOTN, in case you're interested Anne finally emerged from Tesco and said the following: "nothing to do with me, but it's very good news." See link.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19307/23/2013

Saw that r193. LOVE Princess Anne, she is so no nonsense and no bullshit. Wouldn't expect anything less from her in the response department. Bet she thinks all the fuss is ridiculous.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19407/23/2013

I agree, R194. Many say "neigh" when it comes to Princess Anne but I say "hay!"

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19507/23/2013

Princess Anne doesn't want any of the royal baby spotlight on her! Prince William's aunt sent well-wishes to her nephew on the birth of his first child, but did so rather begrudgingly.

"Nothing to do with me, but it's very good news," the Princess Royal, 62, said on the birth of her grandnephew. Prince William and wife Kate Middleton welcomed their their baby boy on Monday, July 22 at 4:24 p.m. London time at St. Mary's Hospital in London.

Princess Anne is the only daughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, and the sister of Prince Charles. She was married from 1973 to 1992 to Captain Mark Phillips, with whom she had two children, Peter Phillips and Zara Phillips. Since 1992, she has been married to Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence.

Princess Anne, who is 10th in line for the throne, was the first royal since 1504 to refuse titles for her family. Wanting a low-key life, she declined an earldom for husband Phillips and lord and lady titles for her offspring, Peter and Zara.

The Olympic equestrian was also none too pleased with pregnancy. Being with child "is a boring nine months," she has said. "It's an occupational hazard of being a wife!" As it happens, her daughter Zara is expecting her first child with husband Mike Tindall in early 2014.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19607/23/2013

I never noticed it before, but this thread has unveiled a vastly more interesting / fun VOTN.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19707/23/2013

R197, I too have enjoyed VOTN lighter and fun side on this thread. It's been a sincere pleasure to hear him talk about Her Royal "High"ness and Anne opening Tescos.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19807/23/2013

The queen in visiting the baby now.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 19907/24/2013

If Anne had accepted titles of lord and lady for her children, would Zara have been pressured not to marry the soccer skell husband?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20007/24/2013

Rajiv Muhammed Singh Windsor

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20107/24/2013

[quote] "Nothing to do with me, but it's very good news," the Princess Royal, 62

Why did Anne have to say, "Nothing to do with me"? Why couldn't she have just said, "It's very good news." or "I am happy for them."

Rather cunty to point out it's nothing to do with her. It's nothing to do with Kermit and Miss Piggy, either, but they said "Congratulations" and didn't point out that it's nothing to do with the Muppets.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20207/24/2013

Why would you give a name to a timepiece? And how can it be a "boy" or a "girl"?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20307/24/2013

Yeah, the "nothing to do with me," bit sounds psycho, unless she is wondering why she is being asked about it.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20407/24/2013

Give Anne a break. Those eight-hour shifts behind the register at Tesco are exhausting.

Especially since she forgot to pick up the box of nappies Her Royal *High*ness wanted, and HRH will cut a bitch over that.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20507/24/2013

[quote] unless she is wondering why she is being asked about it.

Oh please. Why would she "wonder why she is being asked about it"? Her whole country is talking about it. The globe is talking about it.

It's not all that whacky that she would be asked to comment on the new royal baby which happens to be her grand nephew. People all over the world are talking and tweeting about it. It's nothing to do with anybody here, yet we're commenting on it. (Without pointing out that it's nothing to do with us, though obviously it isn't anything to do with us.)

"Well, it's quite nice for them, isn't it?" would be appropriate.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20607/24/2013

When did Anne drop the royal "we"? Time was she would have said, "It's nothing to do with us."

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20707/24/2013

Anne's remark alludes to her relative demotion within the New Royal Order. The new heir underlines the message sent by the streamlined Royals on the balcony last year. Long live The Queen, but thereafter the future is male. Anne is feeling the gear-change of History.

On the plus side, Anne will surely inherit Philips's mantle of Speaking Out. She'd play the part of formidable old dame to perfection. Could be fun.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20807/24/2013

^ Philip's

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 20907/24/2013

It seems to me Anne said something similar when Wills was born.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 21007/24/2013

I hate to say this becuase she does have her good points, but all in all Anne isn't a very nice person.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 21107/24/2013

Cousin Anne once invited me to say with her at Gatcombe Park, she made me sleep in the stables with the horses.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 21207/24/2013

So, R212, does Anne snore?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 21307/24/2013

George Alexander Louis. I hope he becomes King Alexander.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 21407/24/2013

Horrible name. Fat, stuffy, smells like old cigars.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 21507/24/2013

Didn't Anne live in the US for years? Was that because of her first husband? Where does she live now?

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 21607/24/2013

Anne lives in Gloucestershire at Gatcombe Park, where she's lived for years. She never lived in the US.

by The Duchess of Cornholereply 21707/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.