Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ciara, by request.

"Her comeback this year has been nice, and her song "Body Party" is 1 of the biggest gay hits of the year."

by another poster than OPreply 18206/14/2015

love you, OP. I hope you're having a great weekend, wherever you are.

"My body is your party, baby"

"I can do it slow now baby tell me what you want"

"You can't keep your hands off me. Touch me right there-rock my body"

"I'm doing this little dance for you"

My only issue with Ciara is her current bf, the rapper Future, has kids with other women already. She's too young and doesn't have kids so I think it's silly for her to be messing with someone sloppy like Future.

by another poster than OPreply 107/13/2013

She's pretty. I'm happy she's having success now. Rihanna has been being very mean to her on twitter for a while now.

by another poster than OPreply 207/13/2013

She looks like a model.

by another poster than OPreply 307/13/2013

She's okay, but pedestrian-pretty. Rihanna, on the other hand, is a beauty.

by another poster than OPreply 407/13/2013

R1, Thank you. There are many anonymous posters on DL that have written very kind words to me, that are so helpful. I've also gotten incredible guidance and advice. I am always happy to return the favor by starting desirable threads.

by another poster than OPreply 507/13/2013

She has had modelling contracts. Not sure if she's still doing that now. The cover pic for her "Body Party" single is beautiful.

by another poster than OPreply 607/13/2013

Yeah, but Rihanna is a bitch, R4. Ciara is MUCH nicer.

by another poster than OPreply 707/13/2013

Is it at least pronounced "Kiera"?

by another poster than OPreply 807/13/2013

She should, R6. And you're right that is a beautiful photo.

by another poster than OPreply 907/13/2013

She is so phenomenally talented it's a wonder she's not up there with Rihanna and Beyonce, but rumor has it she was a LOT to deal with in her heyday and burned a ton of bridges with very powerful people.

The Basic Instinct CD was a public embarrassment where she went explicitly against her label and they pulled ALL promo support.

She's having moderate success with this new "era" and LA Reid had to pull every string in the book to do it.

Body Party has hit #25 on the hot 100 (very good for a pure R&B song these days) and with more of a push the single will go gold.

The CD is debuting with around 70k sales, which is not amazing, but not a complete embarrassment either.

The CD itself is nice. It's pleasant enough with a lot of catchy songs. She's not where she was, but she's not completely over, either.

She's been around for so long you forget she's only 27.

And there's nobody around right now that can dance as well as her. NOBODY.

by another poster than OPreply 1007/13/2013

I think both Rihanna and Ciara are 2 of the better looking under 30 girls in hollwyood now. What I like more about Ciara is A) she's not a crazy druggie (as far as we know) and B) she is a great dancer. She can move better than Beyonce and MUCH better than Rihanna

love this pic

by another poster than OPreply 1107/13/2013

Yes, she's a great dancer. Doesn't she claim that she isn't a trained dancer? I find that hard to believe.

by another poster than OPreply 1207/13/2013

Ciara said she was a cheerleader in high school. That would make her flexible.

She does glam and casual chic well.

by another poster than OPreply 1307/13/2013

She's a perfect example of the manufacture of stars. It's more about whose team is better than who is more talented. (Beyoncé is the Queen of that shit.)

I do like Rihanna's songs because her songwriting/production is good, but if her voice wasn't conducive to autotune she wouldn't be where she is.

She's not that pretty after a few years of hard living and beautiful women are not rare anymore.

by another poster than OPreply 1407/13/2013

She's been compared to Janet ever since she debuted. She always gives props to Janet for being her #1 inspiration, and she recently said on either the Today show or GMA that Janet is the one artist she'd like to collaborate with.

by another poster than OPreply 1507/13/2013

[quote]I do like Rihanna's songs because her songwriting/production is good

You have no taste.

by another poster than OPreply 1607/13/2013

R15 true. Ciara is the best dancer of her age group. Even though others such as Beyonce and Britney were influenced by Janet in their choreography, it's Ciara who goes out of her way to announce it.

by another poster than OPreply 1807/13/2013

Ciara at the Diana Ross Tribute

How does she change her clothes so fast when she switches to the "Upside Down" number?

by another poster than OPreply 1907/13/2013

She's a gorg gal.

by another poster than OPreply 2007/14/2013

I like her- at least much more than the gay hating island slut.

by another poster than OPreply 2107/14/2013

Rhi Rhi loves the gays!

by another poster than OPreply 2207/16/2013

R19 thanks for that-hadn't seen it before. Ciara did a passable job with those 2 songs. big LOL at Hateretha doing the finger snap at 1:45.

by another poster than OPreply 2307/16/2013

can we not discuss Rihanna in this thread? Ciara is the topic.

by another poster than OPreply 2407/16/2013

Details r2!

by another poster than OPreply 2507/16/2013

She used to be a man!

by another poster than OPreply 2607/16/2013

Ciara is far more talented vocally and as a dancer than Rihanna but Riri can put over a song really well, and that's part of why she has so many hits. (Producers arethe main reason, though, with her looks another.)

by another poster than OPreply 2707/16/2013

She looks like she could be the daughter of Wanda sykes.

by another poster than OPreply 2807/16/2013

R25 it's not a short answer lol. It started last year on twitter after Ciara appeared on Fashion Police. It also happened again a few months ago when Ciara started promoting "Body Party" and the press kept asking her about Rihanna.

by another poster than OPreply 2907/16/2013

[quote]Ciara is far more talented vocally and as a dancer than Rihanna

As a dancer, hell yeah, but as a singer, no. Ciara pretty much only has one tone to her register. Rihanna is not the best singer, but given the right track she can belt (i.e. "Diamonds", "We Found Love", "Only Girl In The World", "What Now").

by another poster than OPreply 3007/16/2013

So Ciara's album will debut at #2, which is really the best they could have hoped for because unfortunately for her, Jay Z also decided to drop his album last week. Clearly she's not a flop like some of her detractors were saying was going to happen.

R30 Rihanna does have a "louder" voice than Ciara but it's by no means pretty. Rihanna has a weird tone. I actually don't think Ciara and Rihanna would be capable of singing each other's songs because their voices are that different and limited.

by another poster than OPreply 3107/17/2013

I bought her album, party out of pity and I knew someone who worked on her songs. It's well-produced and has good tunes. Sometimes I think the songs tend too much to sex stuff.

by another poster than OPreply 3207/17/2013

No one answered by question at R19

How did she change her clothes so fast. And on stage too!

by another poster than OPreply 3307/17/2013

R32 ooh any gossip on her from that acquaintance of yours? Or did he not deal directly with her? I'm curious if he has any thoughts on Ciara. Also, I've only heard "Sorry", "Body Party" and "I'm Out". Are any of the other tracks on there standouts?

by another poster than OPreply 3407/17/2013

bump

by another poster than OPreply 3507/18/2013

a good week for Ciara indeed: her album debuts at #2 behind Jay-Z, "Body Party" climbs even higher on the hot 100 to #22 and her next single "I'm Out" bumps up to #44 in it's 2nd week after being released.

by another poster than OPreply 3607/18/2013

r34, there are much, MUCH better songs on that CD than "I'm Out."

Super Turnt Up is CLASSIC Ciara. I think it should be a 3rd single. DUI, Overdose, and Livin It Up (also w/Nicki) are good songs, too.

by another poster than OPreply 3707/18/2013

I'm not feeling "I'm Out". I like the idea of a positive break up song but the beat and vocals don't sound good to me. Minaj of course doesn't help matters.

by another poster than OPreply 3807/18/2013

This album news is great for CiCi. People had pretty much written her off, but if not for Jay Z, she would have had a #1 pop album.

by another poster than OPreply 3907/18/2013

I find it odd her label didn't pick a different week when no one "big" was releasing anything. Clearly she was never going to beat Jay Z but she would have stood a chance against other recent releases.

by another poster than OPreply 4007/18/2013

more Ciara, she was always a first-billing act in the making. What happened during her little bump in the road to A-list?

glad to see she's back on track.

by another poster than OPreply 4107/18/2013

R41 Ciara came out just after the time in music when it the "street glam" style peaked for girls. It had crossed over to pop and Ciara's timing was perfect. That trend is over and I think that's why she disappeared for a bit. Rihanna started doing the edgy thing and Beyonce was able to imitate any style successfully. At least for now, Ciara has proven her career is not dead.

RIP to Amerie, Brandy, Mya, Teairra Mari, Cassie and the others of the late 90s and first decade of 2000s generation though. I know Brandy started before that but she was still big 10 years ago.

by another poster than OPreply 4207/19/2013

[quote]Ciara came out just after the time in music when it the "street glam" style peaked for girls

Very true r42. I think Ciara did that style best. She shouldve just focused on being an "urban" artist. Her pop is just way too bland.

I also think she couldve done a better job with the classic sample from Ghost Town DJs. Every time I hear Body Party it just makes me want to listen to the original version of the song which bumps way better.

by another poster than OPreply 4307/19/2013

R43 I get your point but I think Ciara and the producers were going for a super slow joint. My Boo is a bit too fast for slow sexy dancing.

by another poster than OPreply 4407/20/2013

My friend who worked with her said she was quiet yet kind/friendly, very nervous about the album, knew how to do basically everything in the studio unlike other girls who just sit there while the guys twist knobs. She pitched her voice up on several tracks ala Madonna "Holiday/Borderline" etc. to sound younger.

by another poster than OPreply 4507/20/2013

R45 thanks for the info. Good to hear that Ciara is not stupid or lazy when it comes to recording songs. When you say "pitched her voice up" do you mean Ciara sang in a higher key, or she had them alter her voice with the computer?

by another poster than OPreply 4607/21/2013

She should definitely stop turning up in that fake group that kim Kardashian tries to pass off as her clique of friends (Kelly Rowland, Serena Williams, Lala Vasquez, that Gastineau, etc.) That is not a good look for Ciara. Kelly and Ciara are way, way above that Dlist mess.

by another poster than OPreply 4707/21/2013

I just remember reading something years ago about Ciara pissing some people off when they were trying to pass her and BowWow off as a couple? Apparently Ciara wasn't into it at all and it caused problems?

by another poster than OPreply 4807/21/2013

R48 well if true, I don't blame Ciara for not wanting there to be a story about her and BowWow lol.

by another poster than OPreply 4907/21/2013

I'm sorry, but her new album sounds like demo rejects from 2003.

by another poster than OPreply 5007/21/2013

lol r50

Ciara and Bow Wow dated in 2005..she's talked about it

Im just glad people have stopped saying she's a hermaphrodite. Just because you like pocket gays with braids doesn't mean you're hermaphrodite!

by another poster than OPreply 5107/21/2013

I love "Super Turnt Up"

Ciara, girl, please dump Future! He's a LOSER. The guy is having drama with not 1 but 2 baby mommas:

by another poster than OPreply 5207/22/2013

Future is such a lucky SOB. All he does is "rap" (I put quotations because he doesn't even rap fast) with auto-tune. I think he's such a non-talent.

Ciara looked gorgeous in this performance:

by another poster than OPreply 5307/23/2013

Not a good second week for Ciara's album! Slips from #2 to #20 ouch.

by another poster than OPreply 5407/26/2013

It'll bounce back. She just needs another hot single.

by another poster than OPreply 5507/26/2013

She needs to release: Overdose, Livin' it Up, Read My Lips...maybe shoot to have Super Turnt Up on some urban stations.

by another poster than OPreply 5607/26/2013

Just listened to those other songs, R56. LOVE "Overdose" and "Livin It Up".

by another poster than OPreply 5707/26/2013

I think "I'm Out" is a shitty single. I agree "Overdose" and "Livin It Up" have potential to be huge hits. Hopefully she'll pick at least 1 of those or "Super Turnt Up" as her next single.

by another poster than OPreply 5807/27/2013

Really Rihanna? not again. Grow up.

by another poster than OPreply 5907/27/2013

omg I cant believe we have a Cici stan on DL.

The best thing Ciara can do for me now is to feature some fine, phat assed dudes twerking in her next video. Cici, you know deep down its the only thing that can salvage this record.

by another poster than OPreply 6007/27/2013

I saw more of Aailyah in Ciara than others she was compared to, especially with her association with Missy. "Oh" is absolutely incredible, one of the best records of the 00s.

Now all we need is an Amerie comeback to complete the set of mid-00s divas.

by another poster than OPreply 6107/27/2013

R60 hi Rihanna, you hatin' ass bitch.

R61 Amerie is finished. She's already in her 30s and hasn't had a hit in almost 10 years. If Beyonce, Brandy and Monica are struggling, Amerie is RIP.

by another poster than OPreply 6207/27/2013

R61 - "Oh" is one of the weirdest, most effective pop songs ever written. You've really never heard anything like it then nor since. It was kind of "Crunk" but not really. It was a bizarre song that was wonderful and strange in the best way possible.

I remember it being on the radio every 20 minutes with the Gwen Stefani bananas song.

by another poster than OPreply 6307/27/2013

I somehow think Beyonce is in a different category to hasbeens Brandy and Monica! Struggling? wtf.

If Ciara can come back, who knows who can. These days there's reality TV and all sorts of routes back in for ex-stars and D-listers. Tamar Braxton got a hit!

by another poster than OPreply 6407/27/2013

[quote]These days there's reality TV and all sorts of routes back in for ex-stars and D-listers.

Hell yes!

by another poster than OPreply 6507/27/2013

R64 you're missing the point. Beyonce is the biggest star of her age group (early 30s). Her last album was a flop and she's having a hard time picking songs she's satisfied with for the upcoming album.

Brandy and Monica were HUGE until the rise of Beyonce. They're all in the same age group though. They haven't had real hits in years either. Amerie was never the top r&b chick so it's unlikely she'll ever strike it big either. None of them are D-list though.

As for Ciara, she's still young enough, that's why her comeback worked. She only had 1 flop of an album. If she were 5 years older, her comeback probably wouldn't have been successful.

Now Tamar Braxton was D-list but she's quickly rising her status. She's definitely C now and might work her way up to B if she picks a better single ("The One" sucks).

by another poster than OPreply 6607/27/2013

I can really Ciara having a big underdog style comeback. Beyonce has worn her welcome and Rhi is burning out on drugs.

by another poster than OPreply 6707/27/2013

Beyonce is going the way of Janet Jackson ten years ago.

Janet went through the same exact thing with Virgin that Beyonce is going through with Columbia. The act becomes so huge they outgrow the confines of a label, but the label is how they get to the masses. So the act ends up falling off. Janet fizzled after she stopped working with Jam & Lewis, Beyonce is fizzling in her post Mathew years.

A new pop queen will emerge soon enough. Ciara needs to just stick to booty music. Thats what we need Ciara!

by another poster than OPreply 6807/27/2013

Ciara is done! She looks like a Charles rather than a Ciara.

As for Kiara, I like the new girl group Kiara 7. With Kiara 7 and Fifth Harmony and Danity Kane, looks like girl groups are in again.

by another poster than OPreply 6907/27/2013

Ciara's mom looks great for 50! Guess we can expect Cici to age well too since she's not a druggie or alcoholic.

by another poster than OPreply 7007/28/2013

the link doesn't work

by another poster than OPreply 7107/28/2013

My apologies to Ciara, after repeat listenings the album is great! Livin' It Up should be a single!

by another poster than OPreply 7208/09/2013

Yessss! Ciara's next single will be "Overdose". That really should have been her second album. We'll never know if the label execs simply dropped the ball by assuming having Nicki Minaj's name on the track "I'm Out" would ensure that it does well, or if perhaps Minaj had brokered a guarantee that they would release it as the second single but that song sucked. There are much better songs on the album, including Overdose.

Here's the single artwork cover-it's a racy pic of Ciara touching her man Future's junk!

by another poster than OPreply 7309/19/2013

I hope "Overdose" does it well. It's very catchy:

by another poster than OPreply 7409/19/2013

lol Ciara's mom looks like Alexyss Tylor

by another poster than OPreply 7509/19/2013

haha Alexyss is on the attractive side herself.

by another poster than OPreply 7609/19/2013

Ciara has always been a gorgeous girl but I really love her styling of the last 2 months. She ditched the blonde wig everyone else is doing and looks amazing with dark hair again. Check out her instagram. Impeccable makeup too.

by another poster than OPreply 7709/19/2013

sigh...so Ciara is now engaged to Future. He's quite handsome and I love his face, but his body is average and at the age of 29 he already has 2 kids by 2 different baby mommas. Ciara has 0 kids. She can do so much better. SO many top-of-the-line guys would love to marry her. Why Future? He's not even the top rapper. I hate his auto-tuned shit rap.

She, like Rihanna, seems to have lower standards. Low self-esteem I guess...

by another poster than OPreply 7811/01/2013

ugh...so it's rumored that Ciara is now pregnant. I mean, the kid will be gorgeous as both Ciara and Future have beautiful faces but c'mon! Future already has 2 kids by 2 different women and he's not even close to being the #1 rapper! WTF does Ciara see in him? DUMB.

by another poster than OPreply 7911/04/2013

Ciara has been spotted wearing looser clothing than usual lately so sadly it appears to be true.

by another poster than OPreply 8011/09/2013

Ciara nooo!

Here she is living it up with Future's 3 other baby mommas. I hate how she is lowering herself like that:

by another poster than OPreply 8111/10/2013

Future's baby mommas posing together with all his kids (Ciara, girl, don't do it, bitch!):

by another poster than OPreply 8211/10/2013

again how'd she change her clothes so fast in R19 ?

by another poster than OPreply 8311/10/2013

what a waste for her to be knocked up by Future...damn

by another poster than OPreply 8411/10/2013

So I guess she's no longer promoting the album? She had some great pop songs on there. Shame.

by another poster than OPreply 8511/10/2013

Sad she is part of a harem

by another poster than OPreply 8611/10/2013

The record company slipped when they didn't release OVERDOSE as the follow-up single to BODY PARTY. It is a vastly superior song to the Nicki Minaj travesty I'M OUT. Pop radio would have eaten it up. They've finally released it, but it may be a case of too little, too late.

by another poster than OPreply 8711/10/2013

R87 totally agreed. "Overdose" is a very catchy song, but no one cares now. If they had released it on the heels of "Body Party", Ciara would be officially back.

I wonder if Nicki Minaj had some sort of deal in which they required Ciara's label to release "I'm Out" as the second single? It wouldn't surprise me if deals like that exist in the music industry. That song was horrible and totally ruined the momentum Ciara was gaining.

by another poster than OPreply 8811/10/2013

So true, R88. And if they wanted to go with a track that featured Nicki, then they should have dropped the outstanding LIVIN' IT UP as the second single. She's featured prominently after the second verse of that song. Anything other than I'M OUT would have been good.

by another poster than OPreply 8911/10/2013

She also has struck me as having weak management. She should have been all the place with acting/modeling gigs. She had a brief role on "The Game" last season. Her management just never seems to get that gig or song to take her over.

by another poster than OPreply 9011/10/2013

Definitely agree. Rihanna's extracurricular activities outside music has actually helped her music to sell more. We see her face everywhere. Ciara is a beautiful girl too and should have done the same thing.

1 more thing to note-Ciara is signed to Epic Records, headed by LA Reid. He likely has a hand in picking singles. The "I'm Out" debacle probably is his fault. He was on point 20 years ago, but his time is up and he needs to go.

by another poster than OPreply 9111/10/2013

I just fucking CAN'T! Now Future is saying he's marrying Ciara because she gets along well with his baby mommas, kids and his mother.

Ciara WHY CHEAPEN YOURSELF? She's not a fucking groupie ho. She has had more fame and success than Future. Why date down like that? I guarantee these 2 won't be together forever. She'll simply be baby momma #4. Pathetic.

by another poster than OPreply 9211/11/2013

Wendy Williams read Ciara and Future for their engagement a couple of weeks ago. I can't help but think about Kandi when I hear this dude has multiple baby mommmas. I guess this would be more acceptable if Future didn't have kids.

r91, now that I know LA probably has a hand in her music right now, it all makes sense. He has been killing careers, BIG names, for the last several years. I would avoid him like the plague if I had any say as the artist. Ciara needs to stick to urban style music. She is ok at pop, but it was the hood that put her on. She is going to flop until she goes back to her roots.

by another poster than OPreply 9311/11/2013

R93 if she is pregnant, her career is over anyway. She can't do "mommy music" and she's not far from 30.

Unfortunately it appears she'll be known more in the future for being baby momma #4 to Future than anything she did before that.

by another poster than OPreply 9411/11/2013

Ciara easily the best-dressed celeb at the AMAs. She blew the competition away. Too bad this isn't translating into music sales. She should do a performance of "Overdose" on a late night show or something.

Anyway, here:

by another poster than OPreply 9511/27/2013

her first record was so amazing. missy elliott produced songs on it. the second album was allright but that was around the time she found out the man that she was gonna marry was a down low type of guy and that the marriage would be in paper only leading to her to be more emphasizing on her sexuality than not. body party is a return to form

by another poster than OPreply 9611/27/2013

R96, you're right. Ciara was the IT girl in that summer when "Oh" was out. She's been around a long time, but as others said I think she has weak management. She's very talented in dancing and music production work. Her voice is pleasant. Nicki shouldn't have been on the album twice...it's kinda a kiss of death. See MDNA.

by another poster than OPreply 9711/29/2013

Count me as one who thinks that Ciara should've had a much, MUCH bigger career than she's had but y'all know she had a reputation as a complete and utter bitch back in her heyday, right?

I remember Sandra Rose spilled all her tea in the "Ciara Diaries" series of blog posts around 2003-4. Ciara was apparently livid when Beyonce and Rihanna REALLY started blowing up in a mainstream way. Apparently she was so jealous of them she couldn't think and went through dozens of staff/management because she just wasn't happening like them. She has a horrible reputation in the industry, which is why her career was effectively killed.

The Fantasy Ride CD was the beginning of the end. Around that time R&B really was on the way out and her label (rightly) thought she had what it takes to be a major popstar so they started pushing her in that direction but she didn't want to. Somehow she wanted to be a major mainstream popstar but still sing R&B stuff. The single with JT did well but the album flopped.

Also don't forget that weird period in which she became a tabloid celebrity being photographed with the likes of the Kardashians. The girl has poor management and no plan.

She became known as a pain to deal with. The "Basic Instinct" record was her idea to again go back to the crunk n b stuff but she had ZERO label support and was dropped. Ciara is not the superstar she deserves to be because Ciara is hardheaded and completely miscalculated where music was trending. There is not an R&B chick out there that is doing more than 100k first week (most only do 65-80) so I have no idea why she was so invested in that genre.

Body Party was a nice little moment and is effectively the highest selling R&B single of the year, but Ciara is over. Even though she's rebuilt her bridges and cleaned up her act professionally, the moment for her to cross that bridge into true pop superstardom is gone. And the choice of the awful, devoid of a hook "I'm Out" as a second single killed the chance of the Ciara CD to become even a modest by R&B standards hit. There will be no third single or video. She's over.

And I'm someone who used to be a superfan.

by another poster than OPreply 9811/30/2013

She was labeled The Next Janet Jackson when she first came out. She has all the ingredients to carry that title, but weak management is her problem. Her latest CD is filled with potential hits.

by another poster than OPreply 9911/30/2013

Speaking of 00s R&B singers, I wish Blue Cantrell would come back. She didn't sound like any of the smooth, small-voiced singers of the time.

I read she got into drugs. Hopefully they didn't take her voice a la Whitney.

by another poster than OPreply 10011/30/2013

"Overdose" has hit-potential, but I think it's too late now. If that had been the single released after "Body Party" I'm sure it would have done well. Now, no one cares.

R100 Blu Cantrell is a nice talent but she is crazy as fuck. It's also rumored Beyonce's team had her blacklisted after Blu called out Beyonce about 10 years ago.

by another poster than OPreply 10111/30/2013

My aunt works at a hotel and said that Blu Cantrell once stayed there and was a great tipper.

by another poster than OPreply 10212/01/2013

R102 when was that? 10 years ago? Blu is probably broke now. I mean she did that celebrity circus show a few years ago lmao

So Ciara and Future shot down the rumors of Ciara being pregnant...Future posted a pic the other day of Ciara drinking alcohol. Now some are accusing her of milking the pregnancy rumors for attention lol

by another poster than OPreply 10312/04/2013

I breathed a sigh of relief knowing Ciara is not pregnat. CIARA, RUN, GIRL! RUN RUN RUN! Get away from that man!

by another poster than OPreply 10412/06/2013

R104 exactly. Here's hoping he cheats on her and she leaves. Cici can do much better than him obviously.

by another poster than OPreply 10512/06/2013

r98, thanks for that tea on her.

Well since she is over, I guess she can have a baby with Future since nobody dont give a fuck!

by another poster than OPreply 10612/06/2013

Are we talking about the girl on survivor?

by another poster than OPreply 10712/06/2013

She just said that she started working on her 6th album.

by another poster than OPreply 10812/24/2013

SIGH...it's fucking officially true. Ciara is a dumb bitch...today she was on The View and showed off her baby bump...damn it Ciara...why the fuck did she get with downgrade and multiple baby momma-ed Future?

I won't even be mad if Rihanna clowns her for this. Ciara deserves criticism.

Clip below:

by another poster than OPreply 10901/14/2014

What a waste for her to be another baby momma...I wonder if they'll stay together.

Ciara is a damn fool.

by another poster than OPreply 11001/15/2014

so Ciara is at her "happiest" now, according to her. In addition to being pregnant, she's prepping for her Grammys after-show performance (lol smh) and a new album later this year:

by another poster than OPreply 11101/19/2014

Ciara baby shower pics...she still looks quite pretty even pregnant. Of course loser WhoreTrashian is 1 of her friends and was there...but NEVER smiles! Who poses at a babyshower?

by another poster than OPreply 11203/29/2014

How does she still have a record deal after such mediocre sales from her albums and singles? People who have sold way more have been dropped, yet she keeps on recording somehow.

by another poster than OPreply 11303/29/2014

I read recently that she had started work on a new album but I'm sure the pregnancy has delayed that. I wouldn't be surprised if this either takes a couple more years to be released, or the project is totally scrapped.

"Body Party" did really well though. Her career would have been better last year if the second single had been chosen more carefully. "I'm Out" was so stupid. It's clear "Overdose" would have been a hit.

by another poster than OPreply 11403/29/2014

omg really Ciara? Her baby boy was born yesterday and he is named...Future Zahir Wilburn. Keep in mind Future is only daddy Future's stage name but it's the real name they gave to the baby lol

by another poster than OPreply 11505/21/2014

annnnd it's official: Ciara is a dumbass. Just 3 months after having her baby and getting engaged, she has broken up with Future after finding out the loser cheated on her. Keep in mind Future has multiple children by multiple other women.

Rihanna must be laughing hard at this.

by another poster than OPreply 11608/14/2014

I actually like Future's music, but yeah everyone told Ciara she was just going to be another one of his baby mamas. These hoes just don't listen. Well the d*ck must have been good for her make a huge fool of herself.

by another poster than OPreply 11708/16/2014

Ciara is the dumbest of his baby mamas. Not only is she the only famous one, she's more successful than him and named her son Future! Her baby daddy's stage name is her son's fucking first name!!! DUMB.

I think everyone except her knew they wouldn't last as a couple lol

by another poster than OPreply 11808/17/2014

Hi, Ciara. Congrats.

by another poster than OPreply 11908/17/2014

I'll never understand why some women lower themselves for lesser men and don't seem to expect said lesser men to embarrass them. Ciara is a classic case.

by another poster than OPreply 12008/17/2014

[quote]annnnd it's official: Ciara is a dumbass. Just 3 months after having her baby and getting engaged, she has broken up with Future after finding out the loser cheated on her. Keep in mind Future has multiple children by multiple other women.

Oh, lord - what a moron she is. I mean, we all knew it wouldn't last, but already??? She sure picked a winner.

by another poster than OPreply 12108/17/2014

Ciara now being even more of an idiot...it's being reported she and Future are trying to work things out and are back living together...

as if his irresponsible ass won't cheat again? DUMB bitch! Wake up Ciara! Your baby daddy ain't shit!

by another poster than OPreply 12209/03/2014

She needs Alexyss Tylor to show up on her doorstep and slap her right in the face.

Future is controlling her with the dick! PREDATOR MODE!

by another poster than OPreply 12309/03/2014

R123 all 3 live in Atlanta lol it should happen! preach Alexyss!

by another poster than OPreply 12409/03/2014

Ciara gets mistaken for Rihanna at Paris Fashion week

Oh, the SHADE of it all dahling! LOL

by another poster than OPreply 12509/27/2014

Lmao both must be pissed

by another poster than OPreply 12609/27/2014

Ciara new song + video "I Bet"

She is looking absolutely BEAUTIFUL! and her body is back to being SNATCHED! Those legs are gorgeous too!

This song is directed at Future of course. Ciara, gurl, we ALL knew you could have and should have picked someone MUCH better. Now you're stuck with a baby by this fool, though at least the baby is cute

I like the song and video:

by another poster than OPreply 12703/10/2015

damn she looks good. Cute song too

by another poster than OPreply 12803/10/2015

She looks great

by another poster than OPreply 12903/10/2015

I like this and she does look amazing, but I kinda wish she had stuck with the "Oh" sound. That was really unique and well suited for her.

by another poster than OPreply 13003/10/2015

at least for this week, "I Bet" is doing well. It's #23 on the hot 100 itunes chart and #1 on the itunes r&b chart

by another poster than OPreply 13103/12/2015

Ciara live performance on Kelly & Michael (Michael was out that day). Ciara actually sang the big note of this song decently. It's the biggest note I've heard her sing!

by another poster than OPreply 13204/03/2015

I'm not feeling the new song, but she looks great as usual.

r130 I agree. She started out as a very pretty girl with a down south "urban" edge, I remember everyone used to compare her to Aaliyah. Pop is just not working out for her.

by another poster than OPreply 13304/03/2015

She looked gorgeous as always and that was a decent live performance for her. It's a shame her career just dried up while Rihanna went on to become a major pop icon.

by another poster than OPreply 13404/04/2015

I hope her next single is more uptempo and has a banging beat we can dance to.

by another poster than OPreply 13504/05/2015

"I Bet" is a good you don't know what you are missing track but I'm waiting on that dance shakin' beat. She should team up with Missy again

by another poster than OPreply 13604/05/2015

R136 I agree that would be a good idea.

by another poster than OPreply 13704/07/2015

I used to like this song when she was dating Bow Wow, who put those two together? lol

by another poster than OPreply 13804/07/2015

so Ciara went with HOT Russell Wilson to Japan State Dinner at the White House. Whether they're dating or not, this is a great FUCK YOU to Future

by another poster than OPreply 13904/30/2015

get it Ciara! get that hot man!

lol her fans kept posting football emojis on Future's instagram pages

by another poster than OPreply 14005/01/2015

I thought Russell only dated Beckys

by another poster than OPreply 14105/01/2015

R141 I'm surprised too but Ciara is so beautiful I think most men would be attracted her.

by another poster than OPreply 14205/01/2015

Ciara's new album drops today and she performed on The Today Show.

by another poster than OPreply 14305/05/2015

Ciara gives a SEXY lap dance to a lucky asss

by another poster than OPreply 14405/07/2015

the album is flopping on itunes. She has been doing a decent amount promotion too. That Russell Wilson move wasn't an accident.

by another poster than OPreply 14505/09/2015

spotted with Russell again!

by another poster than OPreply 14605/10/2015

FLOP! "Jackie" debuts at #17 on the album billboard hot 200 charts.

Her recording career should be OVA

by another poster than OPreply 14705/14/2015

Ciara needs to grow her brand. She should stay in Europe. model, get a fragrance, host a show or two.

by another poster than OPreply 14805/14/2015

Apparently her & Russ are kaput. I was rooting for this one

by another poster than OPreply 14905/20/2015

she's terrible, can't sing a note

by another poster than OPreply 15005/20/2015

Wonder if Aaliyah were still alive, would artists like Ciara and (maybe) Rihanna still be around?

by another poster than OPreply 15105/20/2015

R151 Aaliyah would be just as forgotten as Brandy and Monica by the mainstream media.

by another poster than OPreply 15205/20/2015

Even Wendy Williams told her to forget about the music, 'cuz no one cares

by another poster than OPreply 15305/21/2015

She was awful on The View, started out with a few bars of the overdone, overplayed "I Will Survive" and sequed into an instantly forgettable ballad - all the while thinking she's an "artiste" and sucking hard the whole time - she's absolutely terrible

by another poster than OPreply 15405/21/2015

OMG body party is barely a gay song. I remember hearing about it on DL in this post that said it was basically a gay anthem, so I finally listened to it. It was...not a gay anthem. Suggestive lyrics, OK. But it was kind of quiet, outdated looking, no one liner lyrics like Bey, no campy video to accompany it. Bet You Still Love Me is much better-video is Fosse/a little silly.Song more catchy. Love Ciara though!

PS they were mean to her on Entertainment Tonight. She was at an education fundraiser and they said "Ciara is a heavy promoter of education although she never went to college herself". It sounded so petty. ET is always doing this type of passive aggressive BS.

by another poster than OPreply 15505/21/2015

IMO Ciara is a way better dancer than Beyonce. She should get back with Missy, Jazze Pha to produce

by another poster than OPreply 15605/21/2015

by another poster than OPreply 15705/22/2015

Apparently she's trying to put the Russell break-up rumors to rest by posting a pic of them on Instagram and describing him as her "Bae Today"

by another poster than OPreply 15805/22/2015

R149 no. Ciara confirmed on instagram they're still together.

R155 are you black? Plenty of gay blacks were obsessed with "Body Party" in 2013.

R156 yes Ciara is a better dancer than Beyonce.

by another poster than OPreply 15905/22/2015

"Body Party" was her first single in years to get major radio airplay & rotation

by another poster than OPreply 16005/22/2015

r152 Brandy and Monica are still pretty hot in the R&B scene. Brandy's song "Put It Down" had huge potential to be a big hit, but it was wasted potential.

All of the hot female artists out right now seem to look up to Brandy. I think she's fine.

by another poster than OPreply 16105/22/2015

R161 who are you kidding? Brandy can't buy a hit if she tried. Her last album and singles all flopped even though the material wasn't that bad. Monica has had trouble as well.

Ciara's "Body Party" was a big r&b hit and a moderate crossover hit.

R&B in general is struggling, especially with the female recording acts. Only Tinashe had that 1 hit last year but has since flopped.

by another poster than OPreply 16205/22/2015

r162 Two Eleven outsold both of Ciara's recent efforts, and Brandy had a long break and less hits. So Brandy is still able to outsell Ciara's horrible record sales even with odds against her. ;)

By the way, hot current artists out right now like Ariana Grande, Jessie J, and Rihanna have all stated they look up to Brandy and she inspires them. Her legacy in the industry is real.

by another poster than OPreply 16305/22/2015

All of R& B'sales are anemic. Seven Streeter, Tinashe, Dej Loaf, Janelle, K. Michelle, Tamar are making a dent but they only sell a few thousand. Its the weak talent. Nobody wants to buy albums from thin, reedy voiced singers. Hopefully big voices will make a comback

by another poster than OPreply 16405/22/2015

by another poster than OPreply 16505/22/2015

by another poster than OPreply 16605/22/2015

r145 Ciara is incredibly calculating. She has been obsessed with being part of a power couple for years. Sadly for her taste in men is abominable - 50 cent, Bow Wow, Future and now this odd looking dweeb. Plus she never really had that X factor thing that marks her out.

by another poster than OPreply 16705/22/2015

I do think though that if Ciara stays with Wilson, she has a chance at winning over the sizable amount of female football viewers which could lead to another crossover hit. There is a chance at that but it's small.

by another poster than OPreply 16805/22/2015

r168, gurl you better strategize for this heifer! It'll take that and little help from Jesus for this child to get a crossover hit.

by another poster than OPreply 16905/22/2015

it's weird though because the music video for "I Bet" has over 38 million views on youtube which is a lot for a song that didn't crack the top 30. It's like people have an interest in her but don't feel like buying her music.

by another poster than OPreply 17005/24/2015

Ciara is really pretty. She looks better than Beyonce and Rihanna IMO

by another poster than OPreply 17105/24/2015

R164 Agreed on that. Janelle Monae is actually great though but squanders her mainstream appeal by not selling sex enough and picking bad single choices. Her voice is good, but she's no Lauryn Hill. I, too, am sick of this 'whisper queen' shit and want big voices back.

by another poster than OPreply 17205/24/2015

Janelle's new video "Yoga" is pretty sexy for her.

IMO Ciara should've stuck to the more urban R&B. She basically had her own little lane. Body Party was a return to that style which is why it was so well received. She is getting older and better do what she does best. At any moment the industry powers can find some pretty black 18 year old fresh out of high school and make her the next thing, just like they did with Ciara.

by another poster than OPreply 17305/24/2015

R173 You're right, I wish I liked "Yoga" more as a song though. It may be a little late to transition into a sultry R&B sex symbol, and given the dismal quality product the genre has been pumping out lately, i'd rather one of its few creative (if not original) voices not sell out just to have a last crack at reaching the masses. But we shall see!

Yep, Ciara was better off doing stuff like "Lose Control". I feel worse for the flailing career of Keri Hilson though, they both get crap online but at least she had a few jams.

by another poster than OPreply 17405/24/2015

Ciara is on the reality competition show "I Can Do That" which starts airing this week on NBC. The host is Marlon Wayans and other contestants include Nicole Scherzinger, Joe Jonas, Cheryl Burke and 2 other guys. It looks kinda fun. Not ratchet at all. Ciara clearly is trying to gain more fans by doing this.

Trailer below:

by another poster than OPreply 17505/24/2015

Ciara singing The National Anthem yesterday:

by another poster than OPreply 17605/25/2015

It's interesting how cocky Ciara fans are getting now she has shaved off that Adam's apple r171

by another poster than OPreply 17705/25/2015

have to say Ciara did better on The National Anthem than I expected her to. She's obviously not a real singer but she's not as terrible as I thought. Her tone is better than Rihanna's.

by another poster than OPreply 17805/26/2015

Damn, R177.

by another poster than OPreply 17905/26/2015

Ciara is just a glorified socialite. I find this bizarre habit of pitching her against Beyonce and Rihanna laughable. Because when I read some of the delusional drivel from the C squad, it's just a stark reminder how much of a lesser she is compared to the top two.

by another poster than OPreply 18005/30/2015

Ciara's debut was as a slightly ghetto version of Aaliyah with an orange weave doing crunk music. She sold tons of music doing this.

Now she's trying to be a refined, elegant model-type. It just doesn't work.

by another poster than OPreply 18105/30/2015

Ciara still with Russell Wilson! Yaaas gurl keep getting that light skin D!

anyone watching her on "I Can Do That"? Ciara is pretty talented and is a versatile performer when she's not singing.

by another poster than OPreply 18206/14/2015
Need more help? Click Here.