Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Real Time With Bill Maher was hideous tonight

2 Hideous repubs with grating voices and 1 hideous liberal with a grating voice. All arguing about Trayvon Martin for 15 minutes.

And DL fave Mike Rowe is a dick. I'm done with him.

That is all

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 2310/06/2013

I agree with you completely OP. What a fucking twat Mike Rowe is and that republicunt in the black coat should have been beaten to death with a shoe.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 107/13/2013

Was Rowe one of the republicans?

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 207/13/2013

What did replicunt Mike say?

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 307/13/2013

Has Mike married his fiancee yet?

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 407/13/2013

God, the dykey Repuke came across as the most sane. West is from a different age of black activism. He just annoyed the hell out of me, even if I agreed with him. Horrible episode.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 507/13/2013

The last time I watched Real Time was when Rachel Maddow appeared on it. That must have been in March.

Since then, Maher hasn't had on anyone on the panel whose opinion I care for. I tune to Maher and then realized I didn't give shit what his guests had to say.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 607/13/2013

Is Mike Rowe singing soprano yet at the San Francisco Opera in light loafers?

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 707/13/2013

"And DL fave Mike Rowe is a dick."

Who loves him here? I've always found him smarmy and repugnant.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 807/13/2013

Mike Rowe is VERY Smarmy and VERY repugnant and VERY smugly.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 907/13/2013

[quote]The last time I watched Real Time was when Rachel Maddow appeared on it. That must have been in March.

[quote]Since then, Maher hasn't had on anyone on the panel whose opinion I care for.

Maybe I'm wrong but I really get the impression Bill has a harder time getting people to come on much more than he used to back in the "Politically Incorrect" days both on Comedy Central and ABC. Seems ever since his show got canned by the network (amid all the 9/11 controversy) and wound up on HBO, his guest list has generally been in the crapper ever since. Only occasionally does he score major talent (and more likely from the news side with people like Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow than from the Hollywood side with someone like Ben Affleck or Garry Shandling, who hasn't been on in ages) and quite frankly I can't stand the format of the show. I really don't like interrupting the discussion to do a lame comedy bit or introduce a fourth panelist, who's usually a comedian coming on to interject stupid, unfunny comments into an otherwise serious discussion or just some director peddling his latest project.

I still like Bill and want his show to stay on the air, but yeah, it's hard to remain a loyal viewer sometimes. Last night I dropped out of it midway and pretty sure I didn't miss anything.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1007/13/2013

The two republicans were less crazy than typical republicans in the news, and I suspect they've been called RINOs by other crazy republicans.

As for Cornel West . . .

I really like do the guy a lot and have read some of his stuff, and I applaud him for being critical of Obama for not being the progressive he promised to be. But there's increasingly something about him that makes him seem to be of a different time period.

And another thing: in the environment of Real Time, West needs to tone down the pomposity.

BTW, the horror that is Grover Norquist is one of the guests next week.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1107/13/2013

Thank you DL! I am halfway through watching last night's episode and paused it to come on here to see if anyone else was as turned off by West as I am. He just won't shut up! And that Brother this and Brother that. I didn't mind the chick in the leather jacket. She intrigued me with that weird hairstyle, and at least I havent seen her before. I still like the show, and I like the comedy bits. I agree the fourth panelist that comes on sometimes is a distraction, especially when it is an unfunny "comedian" like Zach Galifinakis.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1207/13/2013

Mike Rowe said that Lincoln getting assassinated had the benefit of uniting the South and North in horror and helping heal the country after the Civil War. Quite the historian, this one.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1307/13/2013

I cannot stand West. I just can't. I put the TV on mute every time he spoke. Then Rowe came on. He's a hypocrite, gay and in the closet, who has said bad stuff about his gay fans. Once he came on and I heard about his 'foundation' for the first time I just turned the show off. I have never done this before.

This was a horrible episode, just dreadful.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1407/13/2013

Who was the fug cunt Republickcunt carpet muncher?

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1507/13/2013

Cornel West was overwhelmed by those two cunts!

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1607/13/2013

I find with Cornell West if I can get past the presentation, the ideas are usually insightful. His dress, appearance, mannerisms and annoying habit of calling everyone "Brother" or "Sister" I take as entertainment.

Too much overtalking last night.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1707/13/2013

Is it horrible that I imagine that West has bad breath?

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1807/13/2013

It's the missing tooth.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 1907/13/2013

Maybe I was the only one paying attention...but I thought it rocked.

Didn't anyone catch the stats about the number of ARTS majors in this country, vs. the number of *blue collar* and technical jobs that are vacant? Any job requiring even BASIC MATH skills are beyond the capabilities of MOST Americans!

Maybe it's a generational thing, but I agree with Rowe that guidance counselors bent over backwards to direct their charges toward suitably academic futures.

Also ringing of unspoken truth is the fact that we are about to spend billions of dollars funding a "surge" against Mexico, even though net immigration is ZERO and more than half of the "illegals" in this country do NOT come across the desert, but enter on visas and simply do not go home.

Why is it so unthinkable for us to spend our tax dollars on infrastructure? (BING returns 36,900,000 results for a search on "infrastructure failure in the USA.")

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 2007/13/2013

Last night's (7/19) was pretty good. Hot trainer of killer whales opened show. Panel had Connie Mack and Grover Norquist, who were made fools of by the brilliant (and gorgeous) Rula Jebral.

Dan Savage was on. He was pretty good his joke about trying to inseminate his husband was a little ugh. But it was fun to watch the republicans seething and glaring at him.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 2107/20/2013

I LOVED his insemination joke. And when he talked about monogamy getting thrown out the window pretty much because of the dick.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 2207/20/2013

I agree with Alan Grayson politically but that hair color gives shoe polish a bad name! And that douchey tea bagger economist guy with the silly facial hair.

by The Real Time with Bill Maher Trollreply 2310/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.