Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are you ready for ARTPOP?

Lady Gaga is set to dominate the world again on 8.19.13

by Anonymousreply 9111/09/2013

Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 107/12/2013

How is she going to tour? That Lupus shit will act up, plus she does drugs and that makes it worse for Lupus.

by Anonymousreply 207/12/2013

How bad is her Lupus? What derailed her last tour was her bad hip, which she's probably recouperated from.

by Anonymousreply 307/13/2013

She'll create some new dance moves where she doesn't have to move her hips... and her first single is called..."The Single" pfffttt

by Anonymousreply 407/13/2013

ready bitches? She's BACK. weight is OFF. big shoes back ON.

by Anonymousreply 507/13/2013

Gaga that waist. don't lose anymore but she's WERQing again

by Anonymousreply 607/13/2013

She needs to do something about that face though.

by Anonymousreply 707/13/2013

R3 it was the lupus that caused the hip thing I think

by Anonymousreply 807/13/2013

Is she ugly because the Lupus caused that?

by Anonymousreply 907/13/2013

Why is she releasing the first single in August and then not releasing the album until 3 months later? Kind of stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1007/13/2013

[quote]In turn, the album ARTPOP musically mirrors Gaga's creative process as she passes through the mediums (sic) of each artist she collaborates with, scoring a blueprint of her journey.

A very fancy way to describe plagiarism.

by Anonymousreply 1107/13/2013

am i old because i don't really understand wtf that linked poster is saying.

by Anonymousreply 1207/13/2013

What don't you understand, R12?

by Anonymousreply 1307/13/2013

I think, R12, she's pretending she's a little Warhol and is going to interpret Jeff Koons simplistic toys as an even more banal pop song. But I'm not quite sure either.

This is what happens when you skip post-secondary education, Stefani.

by Anonymousreply 1407/13/2013

Bitch has had some face work!

by Anonymousreply 1507/13/2013

"Lady Gaga is set to dominate the world again"

There seems to be a strong delusion among American Lady Gaga fans that she is huge all over the world. She is big in the US, she is certainly fairly big outside the US too but she is not as big and she does not dominate. Outside the US, she's just seen as one of many American girl singers.

by Anonymousreply 1607/13/2013

Look, anything that takes media attention away from Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber is good with me.....but.....ARTPOP reeks of classic over production failure. Gaga has just too many producers on this album, for the songs to be good. It already feels like a salvage operation.

by Anonymousreply 1707/13/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1907/13/2013

[quote]There seems to be a strong delusion among American Lady Gaga fans that she is huge all over the world.

She is huge all over the world, honey, and is one of the most powerful people in the world. That's just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 2007/13/2013

At least she works hard, loves what she does, is determined, and isn't another Rhianna. There's a lot to appreciate. I'm so sick of the Britney Spears assembly line.

by Anonymousreply 2107/13/2013

[quote]She needs to do something about that face though.

by Anonymousreply 2207/13/2013

As of about 2 weeks ago, Gaga was still looking for new material the the album.

by Anonymousreply 2307/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 2407/13/2013

Americans think Oprah is the most famous women in the world and Lady Gaga is the most famous singer.

If I ever saw proof of American isolationism and arrogance than these 2 opinions......(Oh and the worlds favorite food is NOT the Hamburger either)

by Anonymousreply 2507/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 2607/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 2707/13/2013

I was wondering how long it would take until somebody brought "her" up. [R22]If anybody people should be comparing her to Rhianna , someone who is her age and sells more records.

by Anonymousreply 2807/13/2013

R28, what about me!

by Anonymousreply 2907/13/2013

I love her Italian nose. Good for her for not changing it to placate her cunty fans.

by Anonymousreply 3007/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 3207/13/2013

Poor r20, I don't think you know much about the rest of the world, and very little beyond your own bubble.

R32 is a tad demented.

The app sounds gimmicky. But, no doubt, we will soon be going into huge promotion overdrive over the next couple of months to ensure that Gaga is marketed as "THE BIGGEST THING IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!!" Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 3307/13/2013

R33 it won't be any worse than the media blitz Timberfake subjected us to last fall when he appeared virtually everywhere and even got a CNN special about himself. At least Gaga has talent.

by Anonymousreply 3407/13/2013

Yes, but Timberlake marketing doesn't claim he is THE BIGGEST THING EVER IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!! Yes, Gaga has talent but not anywhere near the level of talent that her marketing as THE MOST AMAZING THING!!! claims she has.

by Anonymousreply 3507/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 3607/13/2013

R35 yes it did claim that. They even had presenters at the first awards show he appeared at following that media blitz to herald the return of Timberfake as if he was the best ever.

by Anonymousreply 3707/13/2013

poor gaga, she won't be able to be in the billboard hot 100 #1 because Katy is coming with her new album too! Katy will own the charts again bitches!

by Anonymousreply 3807/13/2013

Artpop? More like Agitprop.

They push Lady Gaga too hard in the Mainstream Media for me to think she is anything other than a bought and paid-for whore the New World Order.

by Anonymousreply 3907/13/2013

I like Gaga & like Katy. I liked ONE song by Rihanna "Umbrella", & none by Beyonce.

I think Beyonce's sell by date is near despite the pr of the tour.

I think Rihanna's still going strong but has probably peaked. She's not very talented & the latest shit on tour is not helping this famewhore.

Katy's like down on the list but she actually has poppy songs that sound good. She actually sings some songs live, seems sweet & humble compared to the others.

Gaga has talent and I love the edgy cray cray shit she does. I don't like any of her music except for her first hit but I love the pomo arty shit she brings to her audience. OTOH, I think she's got Lupus and it will derail any touring she's going to do since you can never know when a Lupus flare is going to happen. I'm sure she's seeing the best Lupus physicians but still, it's a debilitating disease.

by Anonymousreply 4007/13/2013

Katy Perry is almost 30, so her sell-by date is approaching.

by Anonymousreply 4107/13/2013

Beyonce's problem is she's now into her early 30s. It will be only harder from here on out to get future hits. The other girls on the charts today are younger and it's their time.

by Anonymousreply 4207/13/2013

Also, I think fewer of her fans will attend her shows out of fear of getting infected with lupus

by Anonymousreply 4307/13/2013

There is already a new generation of teen targets female stars on the launching pad, ready to go. Bye Bye Beyonce, Gaga, Rhianna, all too old for the next generations and not good enough to last based on your music.

by Anonymousreply 4407/13/2013

One can only HOPE r44

by Anonymousreply 4507/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 4607/13/2013

Lady Gagas all total albums sold are around 32 million copies.

Led Zeppelin, 350 Million sold

ABBA, 550 Million sold

Pedo Jackson, 220 Million sold

Celine Dion, 180 Million sold

Enya 120 Million sold

Madonna 340 Million sold

Shannia Twain, 110 Million sold

Dolly Parton 250 Million sold

Beatles, over 1 Billion sold.

Understand how trivial Lady Gaga is now?

by Anonymousreply 4707/13/2013

"Enya 120 Million sold"

Wow. The apocalypse is truly nigh...

by Anonymousreply 4807/13/2013

OK, R47. All those acts have been around for DECADES. What IS your point?

by Anonymousreply 4907/13/2013

FAIL, R47. Lady Gaga is a young artist who has been on the scene for a little over 5 years. The artists you've named have been around for 20 years and more. It's an unfair comparison, so back to the drawing board with you.

by Anonymousreply 5007/13/2013

Look at that choreography!

by Anonymousreply 5107/13/2013

Why does Vadge always look so angry?

by Anonymousreply 5207/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 5307/13/2013

eeeek. those hands!

by Anonymousreply 5407/13/2013

Screw the hands, look at her body!

by Anonymousreply 5507/13/2013

Robert Wilson?

not so sure about this...

by Anonymousreply 5607/14/2013

Gaga is more of an artiste than her contemporaries.

by Anonymousreply 5707/14/2013

Thank you, R51, for posting that hilariously awful video of GaGa "dancing".

GaGa is to music what Peter Dinklage is to height.

by Anonymousreply 5807/15/2013

Is Beyonce even going to bother releasing any new music at this stage? AT least GaGa has a firm release date...

by Anonymousreply 5907/15/2013

We're getting closer...

by Anonymousreply 6007/16/2013

Because she's old [R52]. She's almost 55, but at least she's supposed to start looking decrepid what's Gaga's excuse?

by Anonymousreply 6107/16/2013

She's not that great.

by Anonymousreply 6207/16/2013

FORBES has named Gaga as the top earning celebrity under the age of 30, beating Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Kirsten Stewart, and Jennifer Lawrence.

She hasn't put out an album in 2 years, had to cancel her tour due to a hip injury, and yet managed to amass $80 million during the period between June 2012 and June 2013.

Gaga is the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 6307/22/2013

Pffft only 63 responses ..she's not setting the world on fire obvs

by Anonymousreply 6407/22/2013

R64 her bank account is setting the lesser celebs' accounts on fire though.

by Anonymousreply 6507/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 6607/23/2013

What a stupid link, R66. Is that site supposed to be taken seriously calling her Lady CaCa?

by Anonymousreply 6707/23/2013

She has a 360 deal, which means her bank account isn't on fire as much as her record label. It will be years before she recoups a penny from the many millions of dollars it took to bring her to where she is today.

She better hope her LP is more original than her last piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 6807/23/2013

And where is your proof of this, R68? Or are you just speaking out of your ass? Her last album was more critically acclaimed than even The Fame Monster, her voice was better on it, the music was better.

by Anonymousreply 6907/23/2013

The Little Monsters are all excited. The album is trending on the Grammy website.

by Anonymousreply 7007/23/2013

Yes, can't wait to hear some of her new music playing over the supermarket speakers a year from now.

by Anonymousreply 7107/23/2013

Okay, I appreciate Gaga's dresses and I do seriously like Let's Dance a lot. But when I have playlists with dozens or hundreds of different artists playing and some Gaga's song comes on, say Bad Romance, it feels like someone put a demo tape done tongue in cheek in between studio quality songs. Even though Bad Romance, Paparazzi etc. are catchy I feel like just listening to those songs makes me dumber because they are so fucking simple and basic stuff.

And mind you, I'm not some golden eared opera lover. I like some Kesha's songs, some Britney's songs, (although mostly I'm into e.g. Depeche Mode, Kate Bush, electronica/trance and ambient) but Gaga just sounds so basic, without depth or nuances. Probably Gaga-fans don't agree, or they say it's just what they love about Gaga, but I don't know. I think many of her fans might really love her image more. But that's of course part of pop music, or for that matter, anything on this planet.

But I don't deny that she hasn't worked hard for her success, and I applaud her for that. Hopefully her new songs will be better since we're probably going to hear them a lot. And I have to say that as a vegetarian and someone who cares for animals a lot I found Gaga's fur use and Peta-slamming pretty infuriating, and even more considering how many young people look up to her. That made me think she's a selfish little bitch who's got her head deep in her own ass. Hopefully she will change her mind about animal rights.

by Anonymousreply 7207/23/2013

I can't wait for Gaga to come back. This business of TimberFake and Thicke posers at the top of the charts needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 7307/23/2013

R10, the single in advance of the album is typical and has been for decades in the music biz.

U2, Beck, and Peter Gabriel have all attempted this multi-level, multi-media, interactive conecpt with past albums and all have pretty much fallen flat. Bowie has attempted it, as well. As far as Gaga's concept goes, the last thing we need is more involvement in celebrity culture. Aren't there enough shallow, talentless fuckers strutting around the mall like they're a big deal already? I mean, who needs another cunty 25 year old man with a Hello Kitty purse taking more selfies? Sounds like Gaga is just trying to re-create a Facebook community to sell her album and herself. But that's the shrewd part of her craft, giving her fans the illusion she gives a big enough shit about them to include them in all the menial details.

by Anonymousreply 7407/23/2013

[quote]Even though Bad Romance, Paparazzi etc. are catchy I feel like just listening to those songs makes me dumber because they are so fucking simple and basic stuff.

I totally agree

by Anonymousreply 7507/23/2013

[quote]Okay, I appreciate Gaga's dresses and I do seriously like Let's Dance a lot.

by Anonymousreply 7607/24/2013

R76, haha, you are absolutely right. Just dance.

by Anonymousreply 7707/24/2013

Who gives a shit r76, that hag is lucky to get any compliment, misspelled or not.

by Anonymousreply 7807/24/2013

So many gays hate Gaga but she really does love the gay community unlike the old Vadge. Here is the Queen of Pop performing the Star-Spangled Banner at NYC Pride 2013.

by Anonymousreply 7907/24/2013

Hey r79, back in the early 1990s when I was a little baby dyke and almost no one was standing up for gay people, there were few images of gays in popular culture and our fight then was not for gay marriage but simply to convince "mainstream society" that we weren't sick and abnormal, Madonna's whole series of songs and videos (Vogue, In Bed with Madonna, Erotica) that featured gay-positive images and had obviously gay and gorgeous dancers were a shot in the arm for us young gays then, as was her friendship with a known lesbian/bisexual woman and her bolshy attitude towards people defining their own gender and sexuality. I know you may not understand just how difficult it was even in the mid-1990s for people to come out, especially public figures, but Ellen's coming out was a *huge* event, and Ellen herself acknowledges Madonna helped her personally in that.

In 2010 it's really not that brave to stand up for gay rights. So, please, stop trying to rewrite history. Since everything Gaga does is about marketing it's not impossible that there is a marketing element in her pro-gay sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 8007/24/2013

Of course there's a marketing but that doesn't mean she doesn't mean it. If every celebrity that donates to charity is only doing so for marketing in your opinion don't you think you're being a little too negative? If Gaga wears something weird it's for marketing purposes to get attention, if she dresses simply she's run out of ideas, don't you see how anything she does is taken too negatively? Ok, I have drifted a bit out of topic but the amount of vitriol against her is a bit too much especially when compared to other cheap artists who get much less slack than her.

by Anonymousreply 8107/24/2013

Wow, r81, it's vitriol to say Gaga is marketing? Really? You even said it yourself.

Gaga is very good at marketing, she's the richest singer under 30. If saying that is vitriol, what do you make of the bullshit that's spouted against Madonna?

But, yes, let's get ready for the Gaga marketing onslaught - about which we are not permitted to complain. Except, are the songs any good? That's the real point.

by Anonymousreply 8207/24/2013

Way to focus on just one word, R82. It's ok if you don't like her but the hate she gets is a bit too much, don't you think? By the amount of sales she gets it's apparent many think her songs are good. Not everyone agrees of course but that doesn't warrant the hate against her.

by Anonymousreply 8307/24/2013

Don't hate her songs just her face.

by Anonymousreply 8407/24/2013

That's even worse, then. Kudos to her for not caring about what a turd like you thinks,

by Anonymousreply 8507/24/2013

Lady Caca eats turds in hell. Like your mama

by Anonymousreply 8607/24/2013

R83, you are the one who focused on one tiny aspect of my previous post at r80 (you ignored the bit that called you out on your rewriting of history).

But, really, my "problem" with Gaga is her fucking stupid fans. I think, musically, she's not that exciting (her music certainly doesn't add up to the great "promise" of something new and radical that her image implies) and I'm not that interested in the product she tries to sell with her marketing. That's ok, not everyone has to think she's wonderful. But, her "Little Monster" fan club are fucking obsessed and bite and grip on tightly with their little fangs, barking ferociously away, if anyone says that they find their dear goddess boring.

by Anonymousreply 8707/24/2013

If anyone here thinks that this launch has anything to do with anything other than Gaga making the most money she can for herself is very naive. It's a different game for her now. Sure, she has talent and I'm sure she wants to put forth the most organic expression of her artistry that she can, but this is all keeping in mind that Gaga is a major part of the music BUSINESS now. There's far too much riding on and far too many livlihoods dependant upon the income she can potentially generate to be flippant about the way this project is marketed. Anyone involved, Koons in particular, doesn't give two shits about Gaga. They understand the amount of cash they may bring in for themselves.

The same goes for charity. Plenty of celebrities have gotten involved with charity for the sake of image and promo. Dionne Warwick hemmed & hawed about having to donate her income from Dionne & Friends to charity. But she did and it got her another much-needed hit. That's just one example. Plenty of celebrities have foundations and are involved with charities we never hear about because their priorties are in order. I do find it suspect that Gaga ballooned up and made such a spectacle of her weight, as if to bait naysayers, just before the launch od her body image foundation. Almost immediately afterwards she shed the pounds and was back in top shape.

Is any of this negative? It's just the nature of the beast.

by Anonymousreply 8807/24/2013

The title "artpop" is so tediously obvious. It's not even interesting enough to be pretentious. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 8907/24/2013

You negative bitches will be eating your words when ARTPOP takes over the world.

by Anonymousreply 9007/26/2013

The album is officially out monday!

by Anonymousreply 9111/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!