Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Winona Ryder still ‘trash-talks’ former BFF Gwyneth Paltrow

I’m sure this story will ruffle the feathers of many Winona-stans, but I think this is good news for Winona Ryder. Her career comeback is going well, she spent a few years doing smaller parts in smaller movies, getting some critical acclaim again, getting photographed more often and coming out in public more often. So it’s good news when the tabloids start discussing her as a scandalous and/or bizarre person. Winona’s always been a little strange, and now a new generation of tabloid readers get to enjoy it. For the young’uns, let me tell you: Winona Ryder used to be like Kristen Stewart, Selena Gomez and Jennifer Lawrence all rolled into one. Winona was HUGE. She dated her costars, she was a child actor who transitioned to adult roles beautifully, she won awards and praise, she was BFFs with some of the biggest celebrities out there and there were plenty of scandals and drama. Ah, the halcyon days of the 1990s.

So this Enquirer story references some of those older scandals. Like, Johnny Depp and Winona were crazy about each other way back when (before Kate Moss, even), and Winona used to be BFFs with Gwyneth Paltrow. So, enjoy:

Winona Ryder is getting weirder by the day, becoming a virtual recluse and taking potshots at her former friends.

Insiders say she’s dyed her hair bright white and become obsessed with online shopping, filling her closets with unworn clothes that still have their tags. And just about the only time she leaves her home is when her cleaning staff arrives, because she can’t stand talking to them.

Winona has also been trash-talking her ex-BFF Gwyneth Paltrow and former flame Johnny Depp, a source tells The ENQUIRER.

“She’s alienating so many people it’s no wonder she’s turning into a hermit,” said a longtime friend of the 41-year-old actress.

Winona has a “major grudge” against Gwyneth because she believes the blonde-haired beauty made unflattering comments about her in an online lifestyle blog four years ago. And Winona also never got over Gwyneth beating her out for a plum role in the 1998 hit movie “Shakespeare in Love” – and winning an Oscar for it!

“Those comments were a huge embarrassment for her,” the pal said.

The friend says Winona has also been blasting Depp, 50, for hooking up with 27- year Amber Heard not long after split­ting with his long­time love, Vanessa Paradis, 40, last year.

“Johnny couldn’t care less,” said the friend, “but she’s really ragging on him for being so predictable and going for a blonde in her twenties.”

As The ENQUIRER reported in April, Winona had a fleeting hope she and “The Lone Ranger” star would reunite.

“It’s really sad she’s become so vindictive,” the friend continued. “She rarely leaves the house because she hates being around people so much. And she makes sure her housekeepers don’t speak English because that way they are less likely to know who she is.

“When she was younger, her eccentricities were perceived as cute and quirky, but now she’s just bizarre.”

[From The Enquirer]

I think the Gwyneth reference is about an old Goop post from a few years ago where Gwyneth talked about “how to break up with a friend”. And the Hollywood rumor back in 1997 was that Gwyneth outright STOLE Winona’s script for Shakespeare In Love and Goop went behind Winona’s back and got the part. And they were never friends after that. As for the Depp stuff… I’m not sure I believe Wino and Johnny still talk. She might talk smack about him (as she should, because he’s absurd), but I doubt Johnny even hears about it.

Oh, and remember how Matt Damon dumped Minnie Driver (while appearing on Oprah!!!) and then he started up with Winona two seconds later? I wish people still brought that up, because that was an amazing scandal. God, I miss Winona’s scandals. I want her to start dating someone really controversial. Not Charlie Sheen! I want her to throw it down old-school, like Winona could steal Garrett Hedlund away from Kirsten Dunst. That would be fun.

by Anonymousreply 17608/07/2014

"And Winona also never got over Gwyneth beating her out for a plum role in the 1998 hit movie “Shakespeare in Love” – and winning an Oscar for it!"

Neither has anyone who has seen the movie.

by Anonymousreply 107/12/2013

"blonde-haired beauty" and I stopped reading right there. I can't trust any article praising Paltrow like that.

by Anonymousreply 207/12/2013

Ryder is truly beautiful. GOOP is just "pretty".

by Anonymousreply 407/12/2013

Winona has some serious mental health issues. Borderline perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 507/12/2013

Winona would have been terrible in "Shakespeare"! Her English accent in that Dracula movie was embarassing, plus she's five feet tall and busty and thinks she can pass as a young man?

She should thank Gwynneth for sparing her the humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 607/12/2013

I actually think Winona would have improved the film. Gwyneth just is not an actress.

by Anonymousreply 807/12/2013

[quote]Winona would have been terrible in "Shakespeare"! Her English accent in that Dracula movie was embarassing, plus she's five feet tall and busty and thinks she can pass as a young man?

I totally disagree. Have you seen Winona's photograph from High School? She looks like a boy, and Winona even got bullied and beat-up, because they thought she looked like a gay boy.

Winona would have enhanced the role.

by Anonymousreply 907/12/2013

I've always had kind of a soft spot for Winona. She career went downward after the shoplifting incident, but Angelina's skyrocketed after Winona got her the role in "Girl Interrupted" and Gwyneth's is somehow still doing well even though he is beyond insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 1107/12/2013

I want to see her white hair. I could see myself living the way she is, if I had the funds. It's not admirable, but it is understandable.

by Anonymousreply 1207/12/2013

No it's not admirable, wasting thousands on clothes she never wears, while I'll bet her cleaning staff doesn't get paid much. I'd enjoy making poor people happy by paying them well, then just surfing for more shit to waste money on.

by Anonymousreply 1307/12/2013

"Have you seen Winona's photograph .from High School? She looks like a boy, and Winona even got bullied and beat-up, because they thought she looked like a gay boy"

Looking like a boy when you're 14 is much easier than when you're 27 and busty

Okay, Winona has been known to have a slight boyish quality on occasion, but looking a bit boyish and passing for a 16th century English boy are two very different things. And I notice that you haven't addressed the language and accent issues, there's no way Winona could have done a good job with the dialogue. Not that Gwynneth was great or anything, but the role was totally out of Ryder's range.

by Anonymousreply 1407/12/2013

Goopie was charming in Shakespeare in Love. Winona would have been TERRIBLE in the role - she acts like the part was hers and Goopie stole it away.

I'd wager that Winona wasn't even the second choice.

She's a drug-addled old has-been. Good riddance to her.

by Anonymousreply 1507/12/2013

It sounds like Gwyneth deliberately stabbed Winona in the back to get a part. I think Winona has issues, but I fail to see why Ryder was at fault for Paltrow's devious behavior in this.

And Gwyenth is known for trashing her ex friends in the press. She's done the same thing to Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 1607/12/2013

'you STOLLLLE from meeeee'

by Anonymousreply 1707/12/2013

Please, r16. It only "sounds like Gwyneth deliberately stabbed Winona in the back" in Winona's paranoid mind.

by Anonymousreply 1807/12/2013

It doesn't matter. They've both ruined their careers. Wyno is a shitty actress and Gooper is annoying as fuck!

they can both suck it!

by Anonymousreply 2007/12/2013

It's sad that just as Winona was becoming a good actor ("Girl Interrupted") her career took a nosedive. We'll never know what she could have done these last 10 + years, actingwise.

by Anonymousreply 2107/12/2013

Ryder never was a good actress. She was just lucky.

by Anonymousreply 2207/12/2013

Do believe she's a Borderline case - the shoplifting, odd behavior going all the way back to pulling out of "Godfather 3". But I do think she can have a new career as an older actress, in the Sally Field mold.... Or, she could become like Shelley Duvall

by Anonymousreply 2307/12/2013

None of this is true. I know Winona slightly. She doesn't leave her house much because she's VERY afraid of the paps that camp out at the end of her street. The Depp shit is made up, and the GOOP story is a re-hash of a 10 year old story.

I hope she sues them.

by Anonymousreply 2407/12/2013

r24 = Courtney Love

by Anonymousreply 2507/12/2013

r24, are you one of her maids?

by Anonymousreply 2607/12/2013

If true,it's really sad and pathetic that Winona had any hope that she and Depp would reunite after he and Vanessa Paradis split up.

Why would she think she had any chance of getting back together with him? She was crazy back then, and even worse now. Crazy can be kinda hot, especialy when it comes to sex, when you're in your 20's but at 41 it's something you cross the street to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 2707/12/2013

Winona is most likely crazy, but first she was a drug addict. Depp makes all his girls into drug addicts. It is a requirement. He is evil and crazy too, but no one seems to mind. Billion dollar box office. He was a good actor, a long time ago.

Paltrow is no fun, but she is funny.

by Anonymousreply 2807/12/2013

Why would the paps camp outside Winona's house? She hasn't been a viable actress in years.

by Anonymousreply 3107/12/2013

There are photos of her July 8, 2013 at Getty Images and she does not have white hair.

by Anonymousreply 3207/12/2013

There is no way that Winona is beautiful.

She is a short ass no legs and has always been boyish looking. She is crazy to boot and I don't believe for a minute that Depp would want her back. He sold out completely staring in cartoon after cartoon.

Gwyneth is pretty and a better actress but annoying as hell sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 3307/12/2013

[quote]Gwyneth is pretty and a better actress

In what planet?

by Anonymousreply 3407/12/2013

R33 - Winona has a stunningly beautiful face and a great body.

by Anonymousreply 3507/12/2013

Winona's too skinny, but she is beautiful:

by Anonymousreply 3607/12/2013

Agreed, R36. Winona was a little heavier a couple years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3707/12/2013

This article is just trash talk. It's not Winona Ryder being seen in public doing weird things or tweeting insane shit. It's all hearsay from "friends." Where is there a photo of her with white hair? Where is there proof that she thought she could get together with Depp? This is rubbish.

Lindsay Lohan, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Amanda Byne have all been seen acting out in public. Not Ryder. This "she's a recluse" rumour is a way of explaining away the fact that nobody has actually seen her behaving this way except anonymous "friends."

I don't even like Winona Ryder. I've always thought she was overrated. But this article is just garbage.

by Anonymousreply 3807/12/2013

I always found it hard to believe Goop stole the script from Ryder and that's how she got the role. If Goop were not to be considered in the first place for that movie, she would have never even gotten a chance to audition, let alone get the part. Maybe a bitter Winona just made up the story. I mean she is crazy and was convicted of stealing. But because people love to hate on Goop they just believe anything.

by Anonymousreply 3907/12/2013

I doubt Winona spends much time thinking about Goop.

by Anonymousreply 4007/12/2013

[r39] Goopy was housesitting for Wino and a bunch of scripts were delivered for Wino to read and consider. Goopy coundn't stand the temptation and opened the envelopes read the scripts and left with them. Wino never knew that the scripts were delivered and would later discover that Goopy had done this more than once.

Goop had agents and was repped by a big agency because of her parents connections, but was not on the level as Wino at that time. Goop pursued the role and pushed hard and won it (or sucked the right dicks-- or her agency packaged her into the deal which is the most likely scenario*). *Little known secret: When you see a big movie, most often, the writer, director and talent are all repped by the same agency.

When Wino discovered that Goop was cast in a part that had been offered to Wino first, she had no idea that the part had been offered to her. Wino then figured it out. Now, I never heard that it was specifically Shakespeare in Love, but it doesn't matter. It was unscrupulous, deceptive, immoral and evil-- which is what hollywood is built on.

by Anonymousreply 4107/13/2013

ridiculous!!!! Everyone knows I blew Harvey for the role after Julia Roberts turned it down. I had just done "Emma" and was the Weinstein it girl!!!

poor Winona...no husbsnd,... no children, no Oscar=loser

by Anonymousreply 4207/13/2013

Where does it say that she wanted to get back together with Depp?

by Anonymousreply 4307/13/2013

in a previous Enquirer article r43

by Anonymousreply 4407/13/2013

Winona has aged very gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 4507/13/2013

She had a fantastic rhinoplasty as a teen which made her stunningly beautiful. Paltrow's rhinoplasty wasn't as good.

by Anonymousreply 4607/13/2013

Her losing the Oscar to "the little New Zealand girl" as she always refers to her was the best Oscar bitchslap until Bacall's humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 4707/13/2013

Count me in as another Wino fan. I grew up in the 90s. She was in Beetlejuice, Mermaids, Edward Scissorhands, Reality Bites, Little Women, The Crucible, Girl, Interrupted. All films I just loved as a kid.

And she blows GOOP out of the water in looks and talent. Not even a comparison.

I do fear she's batshit insane, but that makes me like her even more.

by Anonymousreply 4807/13/2013

I love how people respond FUCK Winona in regards to believing everything the article said. LOL. Star Mag wins again!

by Anonymousreply 4907/13/2013

Back in the 90s she looked like Luke Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 5007/13/2013

R41's story could NOT be more phony.

If her agent sent her several scripts, he would have followed up to ask what she thought. And if the producers were really interested in her, they would have been all over the agent, asking to get his client in.

Gwynnie stealing a script would never have been the end of that script and a potential audition for Ryder.

And I'm laughing at the thought that she's beautiful, particularly after seeing the pic at r36. Attractive, yes. Beautiful? No.

by Anonymousreply 5107/13/2013

r51 fuck off. Compared to Paltrow Nona is a fuckin goddess! That story is very old and true. Deal with it or twirl your mu mu South to your recliner and watch old Carol Burnett shows sweetie!

by Anonymousreply 5207/13/2013

R41 You never get a part in a movie by stealing a script from someone. If you believe that you believe in the most stupidest gossip and you are not very smart. If Ryder was offered the part the producers would have contacted her and ask her why she did not respond to the offer of which she probably knew before the script was send to her. Goop had all kinds of connections and maybe was offered the role as well. Since she also had to play a male role in that movie, for which she had the right body, she probably had a very good chance of getting the part more so than Ryder who is small and very busty. Both Ryder and Goop are good actresses but Ryder is creepy crazy and somehow I think there is something seriously wrong with her. Also lets not forget that Ryder is actually the one who was officially busted for stealing. If Ryder was the one spreading a lie about Goop stealing a scrip at her place, Goop has every reason to be very pissed.

by Anonymousreply 5307/13/2013

R24

Oh please, nobody is interested in a pap picture of a borderline psycho. That girl is nuts, maybe she should apply as T Cruises next beard.

by Anonymousreply 5407/13/2013

R10: What are you talking about? Forty years ago Blythe Danner was considered one of the most beautiful actresses of her time. True, she was too idiosyncratic-looking to be labelled a conventional beauty, but she was better than conventional: she was unique, like Sophia Loren or Audrey Hepburn or Diane Keaton, none of whom was beautiful in a generic way. Practically every guy I knew had a crush on her. Her voice and laugh were part of the appeal. GP is attractive but doesn't come close to her mother in her prime.

by Anonymousreply 5507/13/2013

Is Blythe posting here now?

by Anonymousreply 5607/13/2013

R54 is the reason people do not post first hand info here anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5707/13/2013

R36

That picture is revolting.

by Anonymousreply 5807/13/2013

"Forty years ago Blythe Danner was considered one of the most beautiful actresses of her time."

LOL. This has to be either Blythe or a pissed GOOP.

Blythe was a theater actress who got some supporting work in TV and movies. She was never high profiled enough to get that accolade.

Furthermore, Gwyneth managed to be besties with both crazy Winona and Madonna. What does that really say about her?

by Anonymousreply 5907/13/2013

Winona crazy makes far more sense than the Empress of All Cuntbags, Goop.At least Winona is not trying to sell 5000 dollar t-shirts to gullible women who worship her unbearably annoying cuntiness......

by Anonymousreply 6007/13/2013

"At least Winona is not trying to sell 5000 dollar t-shirts to gullible women who worship her unbearably annoying cuntiness....."

No, Winona is probably trying to steal the T-shirts.

by Anonymousreply 6107/13/2013

R60 Winona thinks she is entitled to get her stuff for free.

by Anonymousreply 6207/13/2013

Blythe F-ing Danner a beauty of her generation? try again.

Goop (I prefer the nickname Fishsticks) is not an actress.

Wynona batshit crazy or not is amazingly GORGEOUS. Is she a great actress? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

What kind of drugs did Depp get her hooked on? H?

by Anonymousreply 6307/13/2013

Goop is stick-up and fake, she's nothing like her classy mother.

by Anonymousreply 6407/13/2013

I find Winona very ordinary looking plus she is not tall enough to be considered beautiful.

She reminds me of a pixie elf and is a mediocre actress as is Goop. But at least Goop is tall and has the box gap.

by Anonymousreply 6507/13/2013

Winona bio.

by Anonymousreply 6607/13/2013

Last Winona interview.

by Anonymousreply 6707/13/2013

R61, R62 At least Winona steals things in front of your face,instead Gwennie puts up a classy facade and rips you off behind the scenes! Did I forget to mention that looks like a cunt, acts like a cunt and smells like a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 6807/13/2013

R65 - What does height have to do with beauty?

by Anonymousreply 6907/13/2013

Wino is 5ft 3 inches and very busty, I doubt she was ever offered that role where she also had to play a male. Plus she cant do a decent British accent. Biggest urban myth ever.

by Anonymousreply 7003/08/2014

The thing that makes this the biggest urban myth ever would be the existence of casting directors. Ryder would not have been the only actress considered - it was originally written for Julia Roberts and Daniel Day-Lewis though I think that was before Stoppard re-wrote the script.

Also Paltrow had already made Emma for Harvey so she would've been a front-runner anyway. Just because Ryder had the script doesn't meant the role was hers.

by Anonymousreply 7103/08/2014

I still can't believe that Winona Ryder is Helen Mirren's tenant.

by Anonymousreply 7203/08/2014

I never got the appeal of Winona Ryder. I always wondered what Johnny Depp saw in her.

by Anonymousreply 7403/08/2014

Didn't zwino date Matt Damon for a long time? How come no one talks about that?

by Anonymousreply 7503/08/2014

R74 - She's gorgeous and intense.

by Anonymousreply 7603/08/2014

She's mentally ill and prone to weight gain, so she self-medicates with diet pills and nervous medication, which makes her act even nuttier. Unemployable.

by Anonymousreply 7703/08/2014

[R73] That's unfair. Paltrowicz was changed to Paltrow by the family but it's just as Anglenized.

by Anonymousreply 7803/08/2014

R77 - Seriously? She's been thin most of the time she's acted. She was normal size a few years ago, but is now thin.

by Anonymousreply 7903/08/2014

Don't kid yourself: thin=pills. She's busty and only 5 feet tall, which means a 5 lb wight gain makes her look heavy. That would be fine if she didn't have to worry about being on camera (which I suppose, these days, perhaps she doesn't). But don't for a moment think that she's not completely terrified about her weight, and that some of her drug problems have been directly related to this.

by Anonymousreply 8003/08/2014

r71 is correct.

Re paps being camped on her street: Ryder recently admitted she lives in a guest cottage on Helen Mirren/Taylor Hackford's property. I believe Cameron Diaz lives nearby and Halle Berry used to, they may account for the pap presence.

How do people here know that Winona is terrified of her weight and how she handles it? Spill more if you truly know her then.

by Anonymousreply 8103/08/2014

The source, Winona's "pal" was so obviously Goop.

by Anonymousreply 8203/08/2014

Didn't she have a bunch of pills on her when she was busted for shoplifting? It was so long ago...maybe I am thinking of someone else. In any case, most actresses and models are either on coke, diet pills, or a combination of the two to stay thin. On a side note, I have heard a ton of rumors about Kimora and coke binges lately.

by Anonymousreply 8303/08/2014

R83, I remember her having "liquid morphine" which is VERY hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 8403/08/2014

[quote] Those comments were a huge embarrassment for her,” the pal said.

What comments?

This article is a sham. Who _isn't_ making snide remarks about Depp dumping his family and going for a young blonde after all these years of "I'm so different. I'm so edgy. I'm so not a Hollywood," from Depp? He's just another middle aged actor now.

I doubt Winona Ryder has the money to go on shopping sprees like that. And... how can she be a recluse who only leaves her house when the cleaning staff arrives if she's also shopping her brains out buying all these clothes.

I haven't seen her do anything crazy lately, have you? She shows up at events, she's quiet, she's well dressed. She's not flashing her cootch, showing up all strung out, sticking out her tongue at everybody, bringing her dog on a cruise with her and letting it pee onstage. She hasn't been photographed going in and out of known drug haunts, she hasn't stuck a grill over her teeth, hasn't written a cookbook for wealthy anorexics, cut off a school bus with her scooter with a kid on the back with her, hasn't put tattoos all over her body and behaved like an exhibitionist. She doesn't claim vaccines are evil and autism can be cured with diet.

What have you seen her do that even comes close to rivaling the behavior of Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Carrie Fisher, Madonna, GOOP, Lena Dunham or Jenny McCarthy?

Sorry, I don't see the horror here.

by Anonymousreply 8503/08/2014

R83 - It was a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 8603/08/2014

Winona looks better today than Paltrow has ever looked

She's gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 8703/08/2014

Agree R87

by Anonymousreply 8803/08/2014

I think Blythe was very pretty in her day. Huge, beautiful eyes. Prettier than her daughter, who just looks so bland.

by Anonymousreply 8903/08/2014

Ryder has aged marvelously.

In fact, I'd dare say those pics in R87's link are the best she has ever looked.

Absolutely stunning.

by Anonymousreply 9003/08/2014

Recent interview with Jimmy Fallon about her old films being "golden oldies".

by Anonymousreply 9103/08/2014

The make up is caked on very thick in that photo shoot. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 9203/08/2014

I looked at that clip, R91. When she talks in high pitch voice, she is unbearable. Yikes. She didn't used to talk like that when she was younger.

You can tell that she doesn't work out. Her arms have no definition.

Fallon is a TERRIBLE interviewer!

by Anonymousreply 9303/08/2014

Great clip r91. Winona and Fallon are old fuckbuddies from years back.

by Anonymousreply 9403/08/2014

She's so beautiful. Shame about the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 9503/08/2014

Does that mean Fallon's not gay, R94?

by Anonymousreply 9603/08/2014

R87

She looks bat shit crazy, like she has an anger management problem.

by Anonymousreply 9703/09/2014

She does not have an anger management problem now.

by Anonymousreply 9803/09/2014

Did Winona fuck one of Goop's boyfriends? Is that why she's hell bent on destroying her?

by Anonymousreply 9903/09/2014

R94 Is this a fact? Do you know this for sure?

Lorne specifically advised Jimmy to not date crazy women, so Jimmy didn't get involved with her, right?

by Anonymousreply 10003/09/2014

Ted C. Said her nickname was Wanna Ride Her

by Anonymousreply 10103/09/2014

R73 - she has also claimed to have "Irish roots" in interviews - which is supposedly why she loved the movie "The Commitments." She also claimed in a Vogue interview that she was a natural blonde. And of course, she claimed that she was shoplifting as research.

R78 - Paltrow, like Kudrow or Kantrow or a bunch of others like that, is pretty obviously a Jewish name.

R80 - I have a feeling that weight control has always been a major impetus for actors to start doing drugs in the first place. Especially women.

Of course, Paltrow is far from a stranger to drugs, either. She just knew (or knows?) how to control it.

by Anonymousreply 10203/09/2014

Paltrow kept her last name because her parents were famous, not because she is proud of her heritage.

by Anonymousreply 10303/09/2014

[quote]You can tell that she doesn't work out. Her arms have no definition.

The monster!!!

by Anonymousreply 10403/09/2014

Gwyneth Paltrow was good at carrying the British accent in SIL, but Winona Ryder has better acting ability.

Btw, Winona looks great in those photos with the long hair.

by Anonymousreply 10503/09/2014

Neither one possesses a searing talent, though I think Ryder has the better resume

by Anonymousreply 10603/09/2014

Ryder was bad in Alien Resurrection. That's really the last thing I saw her in.

by Anonymousreply 10703/09/2014

Ryder's only good performance is in The Age of Innocence, because Scorsese brilliantly played off her incompetencies as an actress by making her seem incompetent as a human being.

by Anonymousreply 10803/09/2014

[quote]Paltrow kept her last name because her parents were famous, not because she is proud of her heritage.

That's complete BS

by Anonymousreply 10903/09/2014

I agree, R108, Scorsese worked a miracle with her in The Age of Innocence. The film is underrated.

As for Wanna Ride Her, that avalanche of "blind" items in Cosmopolitan was the last word on her epic cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 11003/09/2014

This is a great scene.

by Anonymousreply 11103/09/2014

She is a great actress, no doubt, but I also believe she fabricated that "Goop stealing my script" story. Unfortunately she is also just nuts.

by Anonymousreply 11203/09/2014

R112 - I think Goop is nutty too.

by Anonymousreply 11303/09/2014

Winona is crazy. Gwyneth is just a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11403/09/2014

Pssst, people! Has no one caught the contradiction? She is a recluse who stays in her house and won't talk to anyone. Who also trashes Gwyneth and Johnny Depp? Either she's a recluse or she isn't. She can't not talk to anyone and go around talking about people. As usual the Enquirer writes for people with the mentality of a 14 yr old.

by Anonymousreply 11503/09/2014

Winona now, without makeup:

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2665535/Winona-Ryder-dressed-beige-coat-dull-dress-set-new-flick-hide-dewy-beauty.html

But do you think she's had work done on her upper lip? I'm wondering.

by Anonymousreply 11706/28/2014

She was always much prettier than Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 11806/28/2014

Winona is still gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 11906/28/2014

The people who claim she's had a nose job, how exactly do you think it was altered. I don't think it's the basic shape of her nose was really changed, if it is true.

by Anonymousreply 12006/29/2014

bump

by Anonymousreply 12106/29/2014

R120 Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 12207/04/2014

bump

by Anonymousreply 12307/06/2014

Paltrow very beautiful in 2000:

by Anonymousreply 12407/06/2014

R87 - she looks so friggin' gorgeous there. She's been gone for so long that she basically needs to re-debut as an ingenue. Even now she's so much hotter than Scarlett, Hathaway, etc.

by Anonymousreply 12507/06/2014

[quote]Paltrow, like Kudrow or Kantrow or a bunch of others like that, is pretty obviously a Jewish name.

Only someone who is himself Jewish would say "pretty obviously."

The goyim are much less aware of things like that. I once told my college students that Gertrude Stein was of course Jewish, and the non-Jewish students looked at me like I had magical mind-reading abilities.

by Anonymousreply 12607/06/2014

Even with minimal makeup to make her look a little older and plainer, she looks really good.

I don't think Winona had work done on her upper lip, it's just narrowed as she's gotten older. That's pretty common.

by Anonymousreply 12707/06/2014

Here's the rest of those photos in the Daily Mail: www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2665535/Winona-Ryder-dressed-beige-coat-dull-dress-set-new-flick-hide-dewy-beauty.html

by Anonymousreply 12807/06/2014

Do you think she looks good for 42 or do you think she's beginning to look old?

by Anonymousreply 12907/06/2014

She doesn't look old and she doesn't look 42. She looks kind of ageless. If she quit chainsmoking, I'm sure her skin would get even better.

by Anonymousreply 13007/06/2014

[quote] Winona Ryder used to be like Kristen Stewart, Selena Gomez and Jennifer Lawrence all rolled into one.

How that Winona anything like that hispanic tart Selena Gomez?

by Anonymousreply 13107/06/2014

R130 Given that she's a smoker and an insomnia, as well as being rather pale, it's quite amazing she looks as good as she does.

by Anonymousreply 13207/08/2014

She looks younger than 42.

by Anonymousreply 13307/08/2014

Ryder has a very strange look. She's in her forties now and yet still looks like a teenager. An old teenager. And of course her voice is still that of a teenager. It's like she was never able to mature into an actual adult. It's rather bizarre.

At any rate, it's been known for years that she's crazy; a druggie, a slut and a kleptomaniac. Is she still on drugs? Does she still steal? Who knows? She's probably toned down the sluttiness a bit over time. But boy, when she was younger she was doing everybody: Johnny Depp, Matt Damon, Dave Pirner, David Duchovny, Beck, Bono, Evan Dando, Christian Slater, Chris Isaak, Gary Oldham, Daniel Day-Lewis, Jay Kay, Chris Noth, Stephan Jenkins, Peter Yorn, Jimmy Fallon, Page Hamilton, Conor Oberst, Blake Soper, Keanu Reeves, Henry Alex-Rubin, James Gooding...and many more!

by Anonymousreply 13407/08/2014

R132 as someone who is very fair myself and have been worried about how I will age, I think - ultimately - fair people who knew to avoid and/or protect themselves from the sun because they know they're fair end up (generally) aging better then olive or less fair skinned people who never had all of that drummed into their head from an early age and just soaked up the rays. My "big" (there are three of us) sister is an olive skined sun worshipper (at least until she was about 30) and she has aged the worst of the three of us.

by Anonymousreply 13507/08/2014

R134 as she has gotten older she has gotten a crazy eyed looked. She may have always been crazy but she never used to have crazy eyes. Just watch her in The Dilemma.

I think she may have had some eye work done.

by Anonymousreply 13607/08/2014

Winona is not a shitty actress. Heathers is on!

You suck it.

by Anonymousreply 13707/08/2014

[quote]At any rate, it's been known for years that she's crazy; a druggie, a slut and a kleptomaniac. Is she still on drugs? Does she still steal? Who knows?

OK...

by Anonymousreply 13807/11/2014

I disagree. She looks her age in those photos from the Daily Mail. She looks really tired.

by Anonymousreply 13907/11/2014

Winona Ryder said something?

I thought I heard something echo from down a long, dark, never visited hallway.

by Anonymousreply 14007/11/2014

R140 Oh shut up, she's still more interesting than most of today's crowd.

by Anonymousreply 14107/11/2014

R136 Her performance in the diner scene with Vince Vaughn was the best bit in that film, and probably the best acting she's done in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 14207/11/2014

Ryder was a good actress in her early youth, then somehow, she lost all the talent she had and nothing she did in adulthood even compared to her work when a teenager. Her work in "Lucas", "Beetlejuice" and "Heathers" was so genuine, but everything since those days is ho-hum average, which is too bad because Ryder has one of those faces you don't want to look away from, she can be mesmerizing at times. I think somewhere along the way, she lost faith in herself and became very insecure and that shows up in her adult performances now.

by Anonymousreply 14307/11/2014

Noni should do "True Detective" season 2

by Anonymousreply 14407/11/2014

R143 And "Mermaids".

by Anonymousreply 14507/11/2014

Porn is just around the corner, poor girl.

by Anonymousreply 14607/11/2014

R146 When has it ever happened that a former Hollywood star has gone into porn??

by Anonymousreply 14707/11/2014

She doesn't need to earn money. I know some people pull a Nic Cage, but some just get rich and stay rich.

by Anonymousreply 14807/11/2014

Not "stars" but an actress from the TV show Family Matters, I think the girl who played Pippi Lingstockings in the 90s has. Stephen Geoffrey from Fright Night, Scott Schwartz from The Toy.

by Anonymousreply 14907/11/2014

R147: That would be a great topic for a thread.

And BTW, Aldo Ray went from being a Hollywood actor, to doing porn.

by Anonymousreply 15007/11/2014

She needs to have her directorial debut.

by Anonymousreply 15107/11/2014

people who steal a lot are usually psychopaths. i'm sure winona is one.

by Anonymousreply 15207/11/2014

Aw come on, how could that doe-eyed little gamine be a psychopath?

by Anonymousreply 15307/23/2014

R143 I think you make a good point actually. When she was really young (teens/early 20s) she seemed to have a confidence that she lacks now. Maybe the pressures of fame wore her down.

by Anonymousreply 15408/01/2014

She was only "gorgeous" because she had a fantastic nose job. Angelina did too. They made their careers.

by Anonymousreply 15508/01/2014

Oh right, Winona is only gorgeous because of her nose.

by Anonymousreply 15608/01/2014

It's also her big brown eyes, delicate bone structure and perfect skin that make her gorgeous. And Angelina was gorgeous before the nose job.

by Anonymousreply 15708/02/2014

Noni's gotta eat a little. Get that bosom back.

by Anonymousreply 15808/02/2014

R158 - I agree.

by Anonymousreply 15908/02/2014

What is Noni doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 16008/02/2014

Filming a movie about psychologist Stanley Milgram with Peter Sarsgaard.

by Anonymousreply 16108/02/2014

A TV movie with Christopher Walker.

She's also filming a movie about the Milgram obedience experiment.

by Anonymousreply 16208/02/2014

Walken, not Walker

by Anonymousreply 16308/02/2014

Krysten Ritter looks exactly like a grown up Lydia Deetz. When I see her, it just makes me wish I was watching Winona instead.

by Anonymousreply 16408/02/2014

That TV movie (Turks & Caicos) has already been released so it can't be what she's up to right now.

by Anonymousreply 16508/02/2014

Krysten Ritter looks like Matthew Goode's sister.

by Anonymousreply 16608/02/2014

Krysten Ritter is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 16708/02/2014

Yes, but she can't act.

by Anonymousreply 16808/04/2014

As a kid from the 90's. I definitely give the edge to Winona in both looks and talent. unfortunately, I think Winona has ruined her career & life with prescription drug abuse, and her erratic behavior is due to those drugs IMO. I think Johnny Deep got her on illegible drugs as well, as he is a junkie scum bag. I still root for Winona though, I hope she overcomes her demons and makes a huge comeback. She had star quality, as well as talent and beauty.

Anyone who says she cannot act has not seen her in Little Women, The Crucible, Girl Interrupted, or The Age of Innocence. She was a true movie star who earned it.

Now for the Goop, no one knew who the fuck she was until she started dating Brad Pitt, and became famous by association. As much as she says she wants to keep her private life out of the public eye now, back then she continuously bragged about being Brads girlfriend. Goop is a social climber, and as much as she loved Brad, I have no problem believing the rumor that slept with Harvey Winstien to get the part for Shakespeare In Love. Winstein campaigned like crazy for the Goop to win that Oscar over the much more deserving Cate Blanchett, and Brad dumped her as around that time too. The Goop is a mediocre actress, and as plain as white bread fully made-up, and ugly as shit without IMO. Winona has natural beauty, she is still attractive and aging nicely, the Goop not so much.

by Anonymousreply 16908/04/2014

illegal not illegible

by Anonymousreply 17008/04/2014

Wasn't Emma the film that made Gwyneth a star?

by Anonymousreply 17108/05/2014

Emma only got media attention because it starred "Brad Pitt's Girlfriend", so no R171, people went to see Clueless instead.

by Anonymousreply 17208/05/2014

[quote]Anyone who says she cannot act has not seen her in Little Women, The Crucible, Girl Interrupted, or The Age of Innocence.

I was talking about Krysten Ritter.

by Anonymousreply 17308/07/2014

[quote]Emma only got media attention because it starred "Brad Pitt's Girlfriend"

LOL

by Anonymousreply 17408/07/2014

I like the idea of illegible drugs.

I'm sorry Ms Ryder, I can't fulfill this prescription. 30mb Qxyphodome?

by Anonymousreply 17508/07/2014

I went to see Emma and rather enjoyed it. I think it's Paltrow's best performance really.

by Anonymousreply 17608/07/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!