Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KTVU Reports Asiana Air Pilots Were “Sum Ting Wong” and “Ho Lee Fuk”

KTVU Reports Asiana Air Pilots Were “Sum Ting Wong” and “Ho Lee Fuk”

Asiana Crash Investigations Focus on Pilot Inaction

Investigators scrutinizing the events leading up to Saturday's Asiana Airlines plane crash in San Francisco are examining the behavior of the… Read…

Bay Area news station KTVU just reported that the pilots of Asiana's disastrous flight 214 were the crack team of "Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk," and "Bang Ding Ow."

Despite the names obviously being just a bunch of racist jokes, KTVU, which has since apologized for the report, claims in a statement given to Gawker—and read on the air—that an NTSB official confirmed the names to them earlier today.

EARLIER IN THE NEWSCAST WE GAVE SOME NAMES OF PILOTS INVOLVED IN THE ASIANA AIRLINES CRASH. THESE NAMES WERE NOT ACCURATE DESPITE AN N-T-S-B OFFICIAL IN WASHINGTON CONFIRMING THEM LATE THIS MORNING. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS ERROR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 10, 2018 10:58 PM

Racism is awful and this is so inappropriate...

...but I have to admit, kinda funny.

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2013 9:04 PM

The video at the link is hilarious. I can't believe the anchor could read those names out loud on the air and not realize they were being pranked.

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2013 9:05 PM

Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2013 9:05 PM

R2, I don't think most of the blockheads who read the news even listen to what they're reading.

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2013 9:07 PM

This is a much bigger coup than the airport paging system.

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2013 9:38 PM

That is hilarious! How could someone not catch the joke before it went on the air?

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2013 9:46 PM

In our defense, we didn't see it coming.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2013 9:55 PM

My last name should always be pronounce with a short vowel sound.

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2013 11:12 PM

The tail was named Won Hung Lo

by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2013 11:16 PM

Yeah, try spending your whole career working with hordes of Chinese people (because Americans suck at math and science), and who we know white gay men don't find attractive, including me. Then you can laugh at jokes like this because you're just damn sick and tired of being surrounded by Chinese people - who, even though they're 10,000 miles from home, are surrounded by people who look, act and talk just like themselves. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2013 11:16 PM

During the Viet Nam war, San Francisco Chronicle columnist Art Hoppe regularly wrote humorous anti-war pieces about enemy characters such as Hao Bout Dem (a buxom dragon lady). The few Vietnamese immigrants in California at that time had fled the communists, so no one was offended when Hoppe made fun of them.

The San Francisco bay area has been rife with jokes about Asian names since long before the Gold Rush of 1849. They're not uttered in public much anymore, but people do tell them to each other -- you'd think that someone at KTVU would have noticed how at least one of these names sounds when spoken. And what's with the NTSB confirming the names?

by Anonymousreply 11July 12, 2013 11:46 PM

[quote]And what's with the NTSB confirming the names?

They didn't. Gawker says that the NTSB told them that they don't release the aircrew names. Somebody claimed that they were from that agency, but they lied.

by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2013 11:53 PM

Not appropriate. It's stereotyping.

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2013 11:55 PM

Someone will lose a job over this. Who was supposed to check copy?

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2013 12:07 AM

Do Asians make fun of Western names?

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2013 12:25 AM

Something can be funny and racist at the same time. What probably upsets Koreans most is those fake names sound more Chinese than Korean.

by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2013 12:30 AM

Bwahhahahaha! That was fuckin hilarious. She sounded so professional and serious.

That poor reporter's one saving grace was her discreet pronunciation of "Ho Lee Fuk" as Ho-lee-fook. Good catch, on her part. I probably would have said fuck.

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2013 12:37 AM

"Ho Lee Fuk" is even trending on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2013 12:42 AM

R10 has some issues he needs to work out.

by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2013 12:42 AM

Newsflash! It was a FOX NEWS AFFILIATE! This story is no different from anything else approved by their fact checkers :P

by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2013 12:45 AM

r10 (me) would prefer to work with the typical Datalounger - white, middle-aged gay man who can speak and write English clearly and concisely. Unfortunately, the typical poster here simply does not like the kind of work I do, or does not have the aptitude for it. Instead, I have to work with people I have absolutely nothing in common with, and have zero physical attraction to - and again, it has been made abundantly clear on this site that practically none of you are attracted to Asians either, so I'm not alone in that.

Also, why can't big, beefy, masculine, muscular sexy Russian, Greek and Italian dudes be good at math and science? Fuck, it's not fair.

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2013 12:51 AM

Is R13 for real? "Not appropriate?" I'm stereotyping you, Missy Phat Gunt Sou.

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2013 1:20 AM

lol. that's hilarious and i'm asian hahah

by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2013 1:46 AM

Girl, she should be just as embarrassed about the blush. What did she use, dry erase markers?

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2013 1:48 AM

One of the best trolls ever!

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2013 1:52 AM

I don't see what's the big deal. The joking names don't affect my opinion that drivers of oriental heritage are horrible drivers. Hell, insurance companies feel the same way. I don't know how many Chinese or Korean nationals are visiting in the US at any one time, but I doubt they are dedicated viewers of KTVU while on holiday.

I don't think Americans with some Chinese heritage will do anything but laugh with everyone else.

It simply isn't racist, it's a play on syllables that might be taken for an asian national's name.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2013 2:02 AM

Holy cow, that's hilarious! But what the fuck is with the reader - she couldn't look at that list and say "I'm not reading this nonsense?"

by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2013 2:03 AM

That newscaster must have the IQ of celery

by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2013 2:15 AM

they sound like manicurists.

by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2013 2:18 AM

"Oriental" R26? Really? And that's putting aside the rest of your idiotic post.

by Anonymousreply 30July 13, 2013 2:28 AM

I'm surprised that other people in the TV studio didn't start laughing as the anchor was reading the names. Didn't anyone at the station realize those names were a joke?

by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2013 2:29 AM

It sounds like an intern at the NTSB was part of the prank.

From the LA Times:

Late Friday, the NTSB acknowledged that a summer intern confirmed the names to KTVU when a reporter from the station called about them.

"Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft," the NTSB said in a statement.

"The NTSB does not release or confirm the names of crew members or people involved in transportation accidents to the media. We work hard to ensure that only appropriate factual information regarding an investigation is released and deeply regret today's incident. Appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such a serious error is not repeated," the statement added.

Summerville said the station didn't properly verify who at the NTSB was confirming the names.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 13, 2013 2:36 AM

An NTSB summer intern...

Still, what kind of idiot test does one have to pass before being hired as a newsreader?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2013 2:38 AM

Here's the NTSB's press release apology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2013 2:38 AM

ROR.

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2013 2:42 AM

r35!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2013 2:47 AM

I had to look it up:

ROR:

raugh out roud - asian for laugh out loud

by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2013 3:11 AM

Why does R10 think we give a fuck about his life? Stop thread-jacking, loser.

by Anonymousreply 38July 13, 2013 10:20 AM

I heard that Ho Lee Fuk is an insatiable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2013 10:52 AM

Were the mystery guests born outside the United States? Were they born in what we'd call the Orient?

by Anonymousreply 40July 13, 2013 10:53 AM

R10 thinks he's going on The Bachelor when he goes to the office.

by Anonymousreply 41July 13, 2013 11:39 AM

I really hope R10 posted from work so the IT guys can see what a racist asshole he is.

by Anonymousreply 42July 13, 2013 11:40 AM

The freeper trolls are allllll over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 43July 13, 2013 11:44 AM

True, R43.

R39 is one of those empty-headed trolls.

by Anonymousreply 44July 13, 2013 11:47 AM

It's nice that the Asiana CEO, Yu Dai Nao, has been in personal contact will all the survivors and victims' families.

by Anonymousreply 45July 13, 2013 12:54 PM

[all posts by flame bait troll #11 removed (violent racist homophobic right-wing misogynist), ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 46July 13, 2013 2:36 PM

It's the way the newscaster read the names so carefully and earnestly that makes it hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 47July 13, 2013 4:37 PM

"racist" jokes? There's nothing about race in them. It's about names and language. Fucking PC scum.

by Anonymousreply 48July 13, 2013 4:41 PM

[quote]Also, why can't big, beefy, masculine, muscular...

So you're effem-inate then...

by Anonymousreply 49July 13, 2013 4:43 PM

Did they try my wonderful beef chow mein?

by Anonymousreply 50July 13, 2013 4:45 PM

[quote]and again, it has been made abundantly clear on this site that practically none of you are attracted to Asians either

That's an IDEOLOGICAL position adopted by the racially obessed loons here. They worship black people and resent asians. It isn't hard to guess why.

by Anonymousreply 51July 13, 2013 4:50 PM

Yep, that's a perfect example of what PC is r51. If you hear those types gushing on about how terrible "racism" is, just stay with them for a while. It won't be long till the same people will start making negative comments about Asians. PC is all about a seething hate toward some groups and a fawning adoration of others.

by Anonymousreply 52July 13, 2013 4:59 PM

I think this Gawker comment says it best:

I'm so torn here. Do not like racism. Do not like racist jokes. Do like mocking tragedy.

But I like this.

Fucking cognitive dissonance.t

by Anonymousreply 53July 13, 2013 5:02 PM

It's hilarious that some troll got this through to broadcast by a yet another vacuous teleprompter reader. Asian-name jokes have been done a million times though and are pretty lame.

The oh-so-serious woman reading, who no doubt considers herself a "professional" news anchor and broadcaster, will be remembered for this among her colleagues for years. She will not endure ribbing about it well and will call it an "affront to her dignity" while others snicker behind her back for being so stupid.

What gets broadcast as "news" in the US is a perfect reflection of corporate values.

by Anonymousreply 54July 13, 2013 5:07 PM

That's bullshit, r52, and an excuse for your own terrible behavior. I don't tolerate racism about any group including Asians. And most intelligent people I know don't tolerate it either.

Last night's episode of "What Would You Do?" On ABC showed a stand up comic making racist comments about an Asian woman and two audiences stopped the comic in protest. It was fantastic.

You may be racist but not everyone around you is.

by Anonymousreply 55July 13, 2013 5:07 PM

My issue is not with the racism, per se. It is with the selective approval of racism. It's ok to be racist against Asians, but never African Americans. If the flight had originated in Africa and the jokes had been skewed that direction, the outrage wold have been huge, rather than, "whoops, sorry. But you can understand how his could happen since they all have such funny names anyway."

by Anonymousreply 56July 13, 2013 5:07 PM

Don't forget the person who typed up the visual.

by Anonymousreply 57July 13, 2013 5:09 PM

I agree with you, R54. Any prank that exposes a TV "journalist" for the vacuous teleprompter-reading corporate-owned bozo they all are is OK with me.

by Anonymousreply 58July 13, 2013 5:16 PM

r56 is right about the double standards. r55, that was what was being objected to in r52.

And of course note that r55 had to project and spew bullshit like "your own terrible behavior" and "you may be racist..." But really, that's all they ever have; creating fantasy enemies and putting words and ideas in the mouths of others so they can have something to trash.

by Anonymousreply 59July 13, 2013 5:25 PM

R10 is all kinds of racist. Whites certainly can do your job. Chinese are not a gang.

by Anonymousreply 60July 13, 2013 5:27 PM

[quote]I'm so torn here. Do not like racism. Do not like racist jokes. Do like mocking tragedy.

ANOTHER perfect example of a PC twat. Laughing in the face of other's pain = just fucking fine. "offending" a person not in pain by a racial comment = just horrible. There's no logic to it and certainly no caring. It's like blind fundamentalism.

by Anonymousreply 61July 13, 2013 5:29 PM

If KTVU called the NTSB to confirm the names, they were doing their job. If you can't trust the official federal department, then what other official sources can you reach out to?

KTVU might be a Fox affiliate, but it is a fine local news station. Local stations don't play partisan.

I hope that intern will be blackballed. You get a golden opportunity to intern at the NTSB to further advance your future goal and return the favor by being a complete racist jackass.

Millennials are a bunch of jackasses.

by Anonymousreply 62July 13, 2013 5:31 PM

r58 why blame the anchor? The station did their job and confirmed it with the NTSB. It's the federal agency in charge of the investigation. How else would you like them to confirm the names? It's not like Asiana Airline is talking to the press. The fault lies solely with the jackass intern and no one else.

by Anonymousreply 63July 13, 2013 5:33 PM

Not solely no. The people who came up with the list in the first place are to blame.

by Anonymousreply 64July 13, 2013 5:36 PM

It's called common sense, R63. Read the names out loud and the joke announces itself to you instantly. Unless you are one of the Ted Baxters whose job is to pretend to keep America "informed" while the Pentagon and Wall Street rob us blind.

by Anonymousreply 65July 13, 2013 5:37 PM

r64 The list was obviously created by the intern, unless the NTSB knew about it. I doubt it because while most federal agencies has been subjected to criticism, the NTSB has been pretty stellar.

If you want to fault the NTSB for hiring another Snowden-like jackass, then that would fair.

by Anonymousreply 66July 13, 2013 5:40 PM

[quote]why blame the anchor?

Because anyone with a brain can see those are fake names? Because you don't just repeat whatever nonsense you're handed as fact?

by Anonymousreply 67July 13, 2013 5:42 PM

[quote]Read the names out loud and the joke announces itself to you instantly.

Not necessarily. As with the prank call in the link, many people don't get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 13, 2013 5:42 PM

r65 it's the NTSB. This is after a major crash. What kind of agency in the midst of all this chaos has the time to pull a Bart Simpson? A rational person would say that the NTSB is too busy with the investigation to pull racist jokes on the press.

Sorry that you no longer have any trust for the federal gov't. But if I was a news organization and I need to confirm names, I would call the NTSB.

by Anonymousreply 69July 13, 2013 5:44 PM

It was hilarious. I nearly peed myself. It's as if a newscaster solemnly announced after the Challenger disaster, "It has just been confirmed that NASA Needs Another Seven Astronauts."

by Anonymousreply 70July 13, 2013 5:45 PM

I didn't get either r68. I've known many Chinese where I grew up and live and some of the names can make a westerner giggle.

by Anonymousreply 71July 13, 2013 5:45 PM

They said at the tv station that "the NTSB has confirmed the names." That means someone called the NTSB and asked if those were the names. It doesn't mean the NTSB intern made up the names.

So who made up the names?

by Anonymousreply 72July 13, 2013 5:48 PM

People like R62/63/66 are why horrors like the Tuskegee syphilis experiment get conducted.

"Well, the government says it's ok..."

"Donald Rumsfeld says waterboarding isn't torture and he works for the government. OK!"

by Anonymousreply 73July 13, 2013 5:50 PM

[quote]why blame the anchor?

It repeats what the government tells it to repeat or else it gets the hose again.

by Anonymousreply 74July 13, 2013 5:52 PM

r73 you're a complete moron. Apples and oranges. Why don't you compare this to the Holocaust, too.

by Anonymousreply 75July 13, 2013 5:55 PM

Don't worry R62 - you'll grow up some day.

Most of us got scolded with "If your friend told you to jump off a bridge, would you do that too?" in elementary school and got the point early in life.

You'll figure out someday that "someone told you" isn't an adequate substitute for using your own head.

by Anonymousreply 76July 13, 2013 5:56 PM

The anchor should be fired.

I'll bet the intern who did this is some rich kid who did it for laughs and will now get a writing gig on SNL or some other lame show that's a bastion of privilege.

by Anonymousreply 77July 13, 2013 5:58 PM

It's almost impossible to believe: Someone gave the list of names and their spellings to the TV station. Then the station called the NTSB to get the names confirmed. Then the names were loaded into the station's graphics system. And they were written into the anchor's script and loaded onto the Teleprompter. And then the anchor read them out loud on the air. And AT NO POINT in this long process did anyone realize that the names were a joke.

by Anonymousreply 78July 13, 2013 6:03 PM

[quote] I heard that Ho Lee Fuk is an insatiable bottom.

And Bang Ding Ow is a nasty top who is absolutely brutal in bed.

by Anonymousreply 79July 13, 2013 6:07 PM

[quote]The anchor should be fired.

She's a good anchor who has been there for years and has rarely made mistakes. This is not her fault and I hope they don't blame her. Who's reviewing what's fed into the teleprompter, they need to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 80July 13, 2013 6:12 PM

R78 is right. What kind of news anchor goes on the air without looking over the news first? How could anyone miss those joke names?

by Anonymousreply 81July 13, 2013 6:14 PM

There is no double standard here. This story is getting national attention. The NTSB is having to explain itself. The station was smart enough to apologize immediately for the error.

So when all sides immediately apologize and take blame, the story doesn't blow up. That's different than someone saying racist things, not apologizing or reprimanding those that did it and then expecting their business will no be impacted.

Trying to equate the two things is stupid and silly.

by Anonymousreply 82July 13, 2013 6:17 PM

The names originated at KTVU. The station submitted them to the NTSB for confirmation. A summer intern confirmed them, then Tori Campbell read them on air.

The summer intern did not make up the names.

by Anonymousreply 83July 13, 2013 6:20 PM

I have to admit that, initially, I didn't really sound out the names. I just thought that they were more Chinese then Korean but whatev. About the third time I saw the thread, I realized just what they were and had to laugh a little bit...

by Anonymousreply 84July 13, 2013 6:20 PM

I'm available!

by Anonymousreply 85July 13, 2013 6:21 PM

"Local stations don't play partisan."

What dreamland do you live in?

by Anonymousreply 86July 13, 2013 6:23 PM

This is something like Ted would have read on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

by Anonymousreply 87July 13, 2013 6:25 PM

Seriously, R55? You're going to quote that staged piece of pussy shit "What Would You Do?" as an example of... anything? I am deeply embarrassed on your behalf.

By the way, if you are a shill and/or work for that show, could you please tell them to stop portraying gays as shy little lambs who need heteros to step in and defend them when they are abused? Pure victim class bullshit and I don't know a gay or lesbian who wouldn't fight back -- not whimper in humiliation like the bad actors playing us do.

The pussyfication of America continues. "Everyone play nice!" So over you PC cunts in your make believe victim world.

by Anonymousreply 88July 13, 2013 6:37 PM

Not torn here. Every time I read this thread, I still chuckle. Sorry if I'm not being PC, actually I'm not! Fuck PC

by Anonymousreply 89July 13, 2013 6:47 PM

Actually, people are standing up and not taking the kind of bullshit you seem to cling to like a fat pig in stewing in its own shit.

The fact that you're complaining about how the world is changing to be more aware and more tolerant of all people is proof that our side is winning. No matter how much you pretend "PC" is a bad word with weakening powers, it isn't. This news station realized right away that this stunt was inappropriate and they apologized for it. As they should, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 90July 13, 2013 7:00 PM

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 91July 13, 2013 7:09 PM

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 92July 13, 2013 7:09 PM

[quote]The list was obviously created by the intern, unless the NTSB knew about it.

R66, you're an idiot.

"In seeking to verify the names, an unidentified KTVU reporter called the government safety agency's public affairs office for confirmation, though did not read the names out loud, KTVU said. The station didn't clarify how the names were conveyed to the NTSB representative, who turned out to be a summer intern."

KTVU submitted the names to the NTSB and took the word of a summer intern as verification.

Journalism pro tip: You might want to ask for the job title of the person who's confirming your racist Asian names list.

by Anonymousreply 93July 13, 2013 7:13 PM

[quote]I'll bet the intern who did this is some rich kid who did it for laughs and will now get a writing gig on SNL or some other lame show that's a bastion of privilege.

Let's hope so.

by Anonymousreply 94July 13, 2013 7:15 PM

[quote]KTVU submitted the names to the NTSB and took the word of a summer intern as verification.

This doesn't make sense. Reading the names over the phone, one of the two would realize it was a joke unless it was two of the biggest idiots on Earth. Writing the names for an e-mail communication should have pointed the writer and the reader to a joke.

We haven't gotten the real story, yet.

by Anonymousreply 95July 13, 2013 7:23 PM

[quote]Reading the names over the phone, one of the two would realize it was a joke unless it was two of the biggest idiots on Earth.

Maybe the KTVU person just spelled them over the phone.

by Anonymousreply 96July 13, 2013 7:38 PM

Hoo Flung Pu all over this thread?

by Anonymousreply 97July 13, 2013 7:40 PM

It seems unlikely that no one at KTVU ever said the names out loud before the anchor announced them. When you're given a list of (supposedly) foreign names, one of the first things you do is try to pronounce them, especially if you're in the TV news business, and you know the names will have to be read on the air. I can't believe that KTVU got the names, called to confirm them, wrote them into the teleprompter, and put them on a graphics slide without anyone ever stopping to read them or ask how they're pronounced. It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 98July 13, 2013 7:49 PM

[quote]Maybe the KTVU person just spelled them over the phone.

IF that were the case, the KTVU person would have had them written out in front of him/her. It just doesn't make sense that the person wouldn't get it unless they were very, very dim. - close to retarded.

Somebody took the time to write that story with those names and that person still is being kept hidden from public view.

Was it e-mailed to KTVU or was it written at KTVU? I think they're worried about some kind of sanctions headed their way for allowing this to air.

by Anonymousreply 99July 13, 2013 7:52 PM

As if anyone can barely stand to work with R21.

by Anonymousreply 100July 13, 2013 8:20 PM

R91/R92 = freeper trash.

by Anonymousreply 101July 13, 2013 8:23 PM

OMG what a couple of Freeper assholes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 13, 2013 11:53 PM

This is why TV stations need copy editors.

by Anonymousreply 103July 14, 2013 12:08 AM

Intern #1 at KTVU: Dude! I got a list of the names of the pilots. Here it is.

Intern #2 at KTVU: OMFG! That's hilarious. Dude -- e the NTSB. I swear -- do it! I dare you e NTSB for confirmation of names. Dude, I will give you a hundred bucks ritenow .

KTVU 1: Im doing it,

KTVU 2: You won't! I know you won't!

KTVU 1: Sends email to NTSB. KTVU and we'd like confirmation of the names of the pilots. The names are Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Li Fuk and Bang Ding Ow.

NTSB: intern: oMG Dude! Yes!

by Anonymousreply 104July 14, 2013 12:13 AM

I can't imagine that they'll just let this go without finding who came up with the plan.

by Anonymousreply 105July 14, 2013 12:30 AM

Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 106July 14, 2013 12:59 AM

Damn. I laughed until I cried when I saw this online earlier today. People are so sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 107July 14, 2013 1:26 AM

I laughed so hard, I almost burst into flames.

It has very to do with race. What makes it funny is the way the person was able to get this through onto the air, how they did it, and how stupid the anchors are. People do this a lot, you know I P Freely, shit.

by Anonymousreply 108July 14, 2013 1:58 AM

[quote]Millennials are a bunch of jackasses.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 109July 14, 2013 2:01 AM

[quote]Last night's episode of "What Would You Do?" On ABC showed a stand up comic making racist comments about an Asian woman and two audiences stopped the comic in protest. It was fantastic.

MARY!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 110July 14, 2013 2:04 AM

Anonymous was so totally behind this.

by Anonymousreply 111July 14, 2013 2:05 AM

KTVU is a FOX affiliate and they air their programming but, the newscast is very respected here in the Bay Area and not a right wing station by any means and the anchor Tori Campbell has been there for nearly 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 112July 14, 2013 3:44 AM

First and foremost -- NTSB and airlines NEVER release pilot names until after investigations are concluded, which takes months. How do people at the station not know this? Is there anyone there with any brains and experience?

Could you imagine Walter Cronkite reading that list on the air?

by Anonymousreply 113July 14, 2013 4:01 AM

I can't wait to see KTVU reveal the names of the Zimmerman trial jurors.

by Anonymousreply 114July 14, 2013 8:20 AM

Asiana reported that the actual name of one of the pilots is Lee Kang-Kuk. Well, at least he can cook and has something to fall back on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 14, 2013 1:10 PM

No, there's no racism anymore in America. Nothing to see here, move along.

by Anonymousreply 116July 14, 2013 1:23 PM

For some reason I found "Wi Tu Lo" and "Bang Ding Ow" the funniest.

by Anonymousreply 117July 14, 2013 6:23 PM

How long *is* Duck's dong?

by Anonymousreply 118July 15, 2013 11:39 AM

Three producers fired

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 28, 2013 1:59 AM

Yeah, because people watching KTVU-TV out of Oakland were just gripping the edges of their divans, waiting to learn the names of the pilots of that ill-fated Asiana flight, and then they were LIED TO!

So, what WERE their names? We are STILL WAITING!!

Such vitally important information cannot be withheld from us! We demand to know the facts! Every last, least insignificant one of them, or else we will SUE your lame asses into OBLIVION!

by Anonymousreply 120July 28, 2013 2:36 AM

I'm surprised nobody sued the station over this incident.

Frankly, I would've thought Bay Area lawyer Mi Su Yu would jump right on this case!

by Anonymousreply 121November 17, 2013 8:13 AM

Producer at KTVU: Luk Fo Wok

by Anonymousreply 122November 17, 2013 8:14 AM

"Who's responsible for this racist embarassment?"

"Probably some young guy."

"YOU'RE FIRED, TOO!"

by Anonymousreply 123November 17, 2013 8:16 AM

video-KABC 7 in LA got pranked live on the air today and the anchors were too stupid to even realize it had just happened

A major water-main break occurred just north of UCLA's campus on Sunset.

"Ah, yes ma'am, it's 'Slung-poo.'" .

"Someone tossed a cherry bomb or took a really big dump!" LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 30, 2014 2:55 AM

Jesus effen Christ, what's wrong with these news stations? These news people are insanely stupid!

by Anonymousreply 125July 30, 2014 3:12 AM

LOL

by Anonymousreply 126December 17, 2017 2:37 PM

You bumped a three-year old thread for THAT?

by Anonymousreply 127December 17, 2017 5:05 PM

"The freeper trolls are allllll over this thread."

humorless queen

by Anonymousreply 128June 10, 2018 10:26 PM

I watched that video again a few months ago and it's still hilarious even after five years.

by Anonymousreply 129June 10, 2018 10:45 PM

Laughter is the best medicine, and this was pure genius

by Anonymousreply 130June 10, 2018 10:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!