Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ben Affleck To Star In David Fincher Thriller 'Gone Girl'; Natalie Portman, Charlize Theron & Emily Blunt Eyed For Female Lead

Ben Affleck is too old for the part, although he can do blank smarminess well. Nick is supposed to be 34 and it's kind of intrinsic to the plot that Amy is older than him. Yet all of the actresses listed are younger than Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 1607/18/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 107/12/2013

Are they really considering Channing for Fincher's remake of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea? Not surprised Brad Pitt passed; they really need a good character actor.

by Anonymousreply 207/12/2013

Sorry, Affleck may deliver entertaining popcorn movies as a director, but he's just a passable actor.

by Anonymousreply 307/12/2013

Goopy wouldn't even have to act if she got the Amy role

by Anonymousreply 407/12/2013

Anyone but Emily blunt she's annoying

by Anonymousreply 507/12/2013

Good luck. Fincher is going to drive Ben nuts with the way he directs.

by Anonymousreply 607/12/2013

Stop trying to make the horrible Emily Blunt happen.

by Anonymousreply 707/12/2013

Theron would be interesting didn't she and Ben already hook up when they did Reindeer Games years ago?

She's the only actress of the three who could play older than Affleck as she's the closest in age. Also has way more maturity imo than Portman.

by Anonymousreply 807/12/2013

Ugh. Same thing happened with Silver Linings Playbook. The men get older while the women get younger, even when it goes completely against the plot. There's no real reason for it other than the traditional prejudice against "older" women, which, for some reason, everyone just accepts rather than challenges. It's probably of the things I hate most about Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 907/12/2013

OH please let it be Theron. I love it when Charlize goes dark.

by Anonymousreply 1007/12/2013

Hated the book so I hope it bombs. Ben Affleck is smarmy & douchey enough to play Nick. He's 40 & probably can play a character 34. Didn't his buddy Matt play a 17 year old plaything of Liberace?

Charlize is too beautiful to play Amy. I think Natalie Portman would have a hard time playing the good bad girl. I'm not sure why Emily Blunt is in the running.

You need more of an actress that's just naturally annoying like an Amy Adams or someone that always seems to have hidden depths & can play crazy like Claire Danes.

by Anonymousreply 1107/12/2013

Actually, I could see either Charlize (esp. after Young Adults) or Natalie, actually. But more Charlize. I actually dont think she's that stunning out of makeup and in plain clothes. But I respect her acting quite a bit.

Affleck, sad to say, isn't good looking enough. One of the attributes Nick is supposed to have is disarming good looks — the kind that let a guy skate through life.

I mean, I'm sure he'll be a decent character. It just won't be the one from the book.

by Anonymousreply 1207/12/2013

They really should go with Theron, she could knock it out of the park. I think Portman would probably do well too, but not with Affleck. I don't see Affleck and Portman as a believable couple, but I think Affleck and Theron could be ok.

by Anonymousreply 1307/13/2013

What's the description of the female lead?

by Anonymousreply 1407/13/2013

Why do birds sing so homosexual

And why are sissies intellectual

Why do they fall in love

Why does the dodo fuck the dove

Why do gays not use "the glove"

Why do they fall in love.

Why does my farts, fart a crazy beat

When I know it will repeat -peat

Tell me why...I...I...I...

Tell me why...I...I...

by Anonymousreply 1507/13/2013

So another article I read said that the contenders for Amy are Portman, Blunt, and Jessica Chastain instead of Theron. Also, Theron is shooting Dark Places for a 2014 release, which is another Gillian Anderson novel.

I think that's unfortunate. Amy is a better role than Libby, in my opinion, and I still think Theron would be the best casting choice.

by Anonymousreply 1607/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.