Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pat Robertson urges LGBT people to ‘come out’ as straight

Appearing on “The 700 Club” Thursday, television preacher and former Republican presidential candidate Pat Robertson assured his viewers that gay people are not really gay, they’re just confused due to “chromosomal damage” they suffered as children, and urged his LGBT viewers to “come out” as straight people.

“I am very pleased that we have many, many, many homosexuals watching this program and many of them are looking for love and acceptance and help,” Robertson said., “And I’m glad to report that we have thousands of these people who are saying, ‘Yes, we want to follow Jesus. We’re not happy with the lifestyle we’re in and we want to have a better way.’ I think it’s wonderful that that’s happening.”

Robertson went on to explain that these thousands of gay people who supposedly tune into his program are not actually gay. “It’s not something that is natural,” he said. “And when people reunite with the Lord, the Lord will get their priorities the way it is supposed to be.”

Then Robertson continued: “A lot of people are into this homosexual thing because they’ve been abused by a parent, abused by a coach, abused by a sibling, abused by a friend. They’re little boys and little girls and they don’t know any better. And then they somehow think, ‘Well, I must be gay.’ They aren’t. They are heterosexual and they just need to come out of that.”

“There are others, maybe they’ve got some chromosomal damage, that’s different from heterosexuals,” he added. “And that’s of course what they claim in the homosexual movement. They say, ‘Hey, you can’t come out of this under any circumstances.’”

by Anonymousreply 3511/14/2013

Get the hook.

by Anonymousreply 107/12/2013

Pat Robertson is a really a fool, only he just doesn't know it and says ridiculously idiotic things like this. He's causing more problems for children by coming off with this isane rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 207/12/2013

Can anyone tell me why this hating fool still has his own show? Why hasn't he been yanked off the air?

by Anonymousreply 307/12/2013

Pat, tell us how you can leg press 2,000 lbs. through your very own special age-defying shake!

Pat Robertson's Age-Defying Shake

Did you know that Pat Robertson, through rigorous training, leg-pressed 2,000 pounds! How did he do it?

Watch a video of Pat leg-pressing 1,000 pounds.

Where does Pat find the time and energy to host a daily, national TV show, head a world-wide ministry, develop visionary scholars, while traveling the globe as a statesman?

One of Pat's secrets to keeping his energy high and his vitality soaring is his age-defying protein shake. Pat developed a delicious, refreshing shake, filled with energy-producing nutrients.

Discover what kinds of natural ingredients make up Pat's protein shake by registering for your FREE booklet today!

by Anonymousreply 407/12/2013

[quote] Can anyone tell me why this hating fool still has his own show? Why hasn't he been yanked off the air?

Because he OWNS the show. And he must hold some legal sway over all subsequent owners of what was once HIS cable channel "Family Channel" that they still have to broadcast his crap.

by Anonymousreply 507/12/2013

Maybe he can go live in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 607/12/2013

Honestly, how many people still listen to that jackass? R5 is right, and that's the only way he is able to stay on the air.

by Anonymousreply 707/12/2013

Maybe he should. And he can develop some kind of a joint broadcasting venture with the Orthodox church. After all, Freepers are finding Russia and its leader more and more likable with each passing day.

by Anonymousreply 807/12/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 907/12/2013

I wasn't abused. And I'm sure the science world would know if there was a chromosomal connection. What a fucking dirtbag. The sad part is any uneducated parent who would listen to him.

by Anonymousreply 1007/12/2013

Was once told by a far right preacher, and follower of Pat Robertson, that there would be no need for mental institutions, or psychiatry, if "sinners" realized that the Lord really loved them and forgave them for their past misdeeds. I don't know who is more delusional, these "men of God" or their followers who send money.

by Anonymousreply 1107/12/2013

[quote] “chromosomal damage” they suffered as children

What was it Pat? Insecticides used by agribusiness, the hole in the ozone layer, industrial waste seeping into water supplies, sustained exposure to high levels of radiation? What was it Pat?

by Anonymousreply 1207/12/2013

Will you just DIE!

by Anonymousreply 1307/12/2013

LGBT people urge Pat Robertson to just kill himself and go live with the bigoted freak he thinks is god.

by Anonymousreply 1407/12/2013

Pat Robertson needs to come out as demented.

by Anonymousreply 1507/12/2013

Every time this senile piece of shit opens his mouth, he further proves that there is no "God."

by Anonymousreply 1607/12/2013

Pat Robertson needs to sit his ass down and fade from the limelight. Ugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 1707/12/2013

Maybe Pat should 'come out' as an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1807/12/2013

He's a nutter on the inerrancy of the Bible. Just a plain, old-fashioned nutter.

by Anonymousreply 1907/12/2013

[quote]gay people are not really gay, they’re just confused due to “chromosomal damage"

Thanks for your concern Pat, but I prefer to remain confused and damaged.

by Anonymousreply 2007/12/2013

He has many, many, many homosexuals watching his piece of garbage holy roller show? I think not Pat you fucking dirtbag. I hate this motherfucker so much.

by Anonymousreply 2107/12/2013

Jesus was a fag.

by Anonymousreply 2207/12/2013

[quote]There are others, maybe they’ve got some chromosomal damage

He's obviously visited Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 2307/12/2013

Babbling fool

by Anonymousreply 2407/13/2013

He's so dangerous. It's comments like this that produce a generation of homophobia. I'm all for free speech but there needs to be limits. This is exactly why the United States is behind every other country in the Western world when it comes to gay rights.

It should be illegal what he said.

by Anonymousreply 2507/13/2013

[quote]Pat Robertson needs to come out as demented.

He's as out of that closet as Liberace was out of his.

by Anonymousreply 2607/13/2013

Yes - because Pat Robertson is so butch. He embodies masculinity itself.

These preachers think that because they speak with a soothing voice that whatever they say is true and from a place of love. Fucking theatrics.

Jesus I would love to see his computer history.

by Anonymousreply 2707/13/2013

We already do!

by Anonymousreply 2807/13/2013

[quote]It's comments like this that produce a generation of homophobia.

Do you think adolescents and teens are watching?

by Anonymousreply 2907/13/2013

I wish that old fuck would get run over by a semi.

by Anonymousreply 3007/13/2013

I believe The 700 Club buys airtime from local stations, like an infomercial. And when he sold CBN/The Family Channel, Robertson included a proviso that the network would show The 700 Club forever. That's how it manages to stay on the air.

by Anonymousreply 3107/13/2013

I think Patty is "evolving"!

by Anonymousreply 3211/14/2013

I love that he conveniently left out any clergy people in his list of molesters of children.

by Anonymousreply 3311/14/2013

Oh Pat, some of us did that years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3411/14/2013

I can't believe this raving lunatic is still around. I'm sure it is his hate that is keeping him alive.

by Anonymousreply 3511/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!